Review of Venus

Jacksonville, FL 32224
Tel: 1-888-782-2224

brandio5
2/10/18

I have been a long time customer of Venus. I cannot say that I do not like their clothes, but I can say that their practice of "choosing" who reviews their purchases is discriminatory.

I called several months ago after making a huge purchase and receiving the items. I wanted to review one of the items and was told that they send out e-mails requests for reviews a month or so after purchase. After several months I called again to say that I never got the e-mail and I was waiting to review my purchases. I was then told that they CHOOSE who reviews their items. The customers cannot review their items at will.

I understand wanting to allow only verified customers the right to review products, but to only allow those shoppers who they deem worthy shows serious bias on their part.

Do I not spend enough money there Venus? You know that stacking the odds of good reviews in your favor makes you look like deceitful liars right?

I do like their clothes (most of them) and many would get a good review, some would not, but all reviews by me would be honest; unlike Venus who practices separating their customers and allowing only a select few the full benefits of being a Venus shopper.

Response from Heidi V., Venus Representative
We do apologize we would like to address some of the information given to you. Product review links are sent to our customers at random. The reviews on the website are not filtered. We post all reviews 1 to 5 stars. If you were not selected at random and would like to send us a review so we can forward it to our Quality Team email us at socialsupport@venus.com.
kirstens7
2/9/18

Doesn't surprise me that their business is going down... ordered a sweater back in DEC 2017 and it was back-ordered until the end of January. It finally shipped and I was finally charged for it for the first time on Jan 23, 2018. HOWEVER, they shipped it to the wrong address and it ended up being returned to them. I contacted customer service and they issued me a replacement on 2/7/18 but they CHARGED ME A SECOND TIME and have sent me THREE different tracking numbers for this package, none of them work. I call into customer service AGAIN and they say they've issued the refund but won't provide any proof and that they've cancelled my order now. I've now been charged TWICE for something I've never received.
DON'T ORDER ANYTHING FROM THIS SITE UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF!!! I now have my bank involved trying to get my $70+ back.

Response from Heidi V., Venus Representative
We sincerely apologize for the troubles with recent interaction with our company, and we truly want to make this right. If you would please reach out to us at socialsupport@venus.com we would be happy to look into your account with you. We look forward to hearing from you.
jp285
2/8/18

I am 5 ft. 4inches (5ft. 7inches in heels) and bought a jumpsuit from VENUS for a conference in March, 2018. Since I usually wear between sizes 10-12, I purchased two different sizes M and L. My body type is considered "hour glass". I returned the large because the legs of the jumper dragged on the floor, even in heels. I was swimming it the fabric and the fit was not flattering. The M is comfortable, however, still fit a bit too loose, especially in the legs. I returned the L last week and exchanged it for the Small. I will write another review when it arrives. One other note.. the jumper has no zippers. You must put your legs through the neck to get it on. It was a struggle. Overall 4 stars. Excellent quality and very classy.

Response from Heidi V., Venus Representative
Hi J.P! We appreciate you leaving a review, and would love to help with the return shipping costs! Could you please private message us your customer, or order number? Or, you can email us at socialsupport@venus.com. Looking forward to hearing from you. Thank you!
robinm156
2/5/18

I love Venus! I ordered several times a month from there and always received excellent customer service and very high quality clothing! I have seen people on here say they had to pay when they return things I dont understand that because I have never had to pay a dime when I returned anything penis covered all the cost like I said a great company ! I will continue to order from Venus, cant stay away from their cute styles!

Response from Heidi V., Venus Representative
Robin, Thank you so much for your 5 Star Review. We love hearing from happy customers.!!
lindag256
2/4/18

I have been ordering from Venus for about a year, what you see is what you get. I love their tops good quality and the sizing is true to size.

Response from Heidi V., Venus Representative
Hey Linda, We appreciate the compliments. Our number one goal is customer satisfaction and happy to be able to give you a 5 star experience.
marcelaw1
2/3/18

UPDATE: REALLY BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE CONTINUES.
Venus response to my review telling me to contact them to make it better and so I was thinking maybe they do care, so I responded right away yesterday and NO one has responded or acknowledged me back. I sent two emails to the email they provided below and I also responded through site jabber. I see that they have responded to another bad review today, so they are there... unless these are just automated responses to make the readers believe they actually care??? This is really insane! I can't believe that they tell you to contact them but they don't respond to you. OMG - such horrible customer service.
PS Their new sizing as Heidi from Venus explained does not solve the problem I posted, they just changed how you choose the size but their actual products are still the same size which is way different than it used to be and their smallest size A is now like a C so it won't fit anyone with small bust no matter what size you order. I don't know why they can't just acknowledge that and say yes we are sorry our sizes have changed because we have changed manufactures. You can see from my picture that the two tops sized A are completely different sizes and you can't order a smaller one so the new ones don't fit anyone who is an A cup.

I have been a Venus swim wear customer for over 10 years and used to really like their bikinis and they used to fit very nicely but over the last year or so they changed manufacturers and their swim tops do not fit like they used to and are way too big even in the smallest size. Their customer support team told me this was an issue and that they changed their sizing this year back to what it used to be and convinced me to order again and assured me that I would not receive the same bikini top that they were selling last year which was way too big even in the A size (fits more like a C, really wide across chest, see picture). I explained to her that I am from Canada and it is a hassle to return things as we have to pay the duties and its impossible to get them back after we do a return, so I did not want to order if they did not change their enhancer top from last year as they are NOT the same as they used to be. She assured me they were new and I should reorder. Since I really used to like their enhancer top, I reordered hoping she was right. When it arrived, it was the same big top I got last year and it was also missing the enhancer pads. So nothing has changed or they sent me the old stock and labeled it with their new sizing on the package. Anyway, that is not the real issue but it does mean that small busted girls cant order from them anymore which is unfortunate as their enhancer top used to cater to smaller busted women and used to be the best fitting swim top I could find. The main problem was when I called and explained that I needed to return this and I did not feel I should pay for the shipping as I was misinformed that they changed their sizing, they were very cold and rude and condescending and short with me and not apologetic at all and not even letting me speak, rudely cutting me off. It was quite shocking and I told them they were rude and they just got even ruder. I was dealing with a horrible person that does not care at all about the Venus Company and he said he was the floor manager! Maybe that is how the company is now, bad service and poor quality and poorly fitted swimwear and does not care about loyal customers input. It is a shame, as I used to love them.
I would not recommend their swim tops for any small busted person .
I have attached a picture of their enhancer top from this year and from a few years back, both size A, top one is what it used to be and bottom one is what it is now. There is a huge difference in size ! The "A" cup size now, will not fit any small busted person.

Response from Heidi V., Venus Representative

Also, in regards to the sizing, we recently changed to a more accurate bra sizing (34C) vs. just the cup size (C). The change was intended to make it easier for our customers to understand our sizing for swim/bra tops. The change should also ensure that you will receive a top that fits you best according to their bra size and our conversion.

We have also updated a sizing chart, for the Venus Swim Cup Size https://www.venus.com/sizechart.aspx
vickies30
2/1/18

I have ordered from Venus 4 times now and each order has been for several items. I am very happy with the quality of their products and they have held up well. The size have been true to size as well. I recently had a glitch with a package delivery however Venus stepped up and treated me very well and I felt valuable to them. They shipped by UPS and UPS subbed it out to USPS. In tracing the delivery of the package it showed as delivered but I had not received the package. I submitted a lost package form with USPS and then called Venus to report this to them. They actually processed my same order of 7 items and it was delivered to me the next day and they waived the charges. Now this is good service. Luckily all my items were still in stock and I am a very satisfied Venus customer! I will continue to be a dedicated Venus shopper!

Response from Heidi V., Venus Representative
We are so happy we were able to provide you with a 5 star experience. We love hearing from our customers and appreciate you taking the time to leave a review! - KJQ
aliciam93
2/1/18

I have been a customer for the last 6 months no issues clothes always fine delivery very fast an in a lot a reward if you had the venus credit card loved it!!!

Response from Heidi V., Venus Representative
We are so happy we were able to provide you with a 5 star experience. We love hearing from our customers and appreciate you taking the time to leave a review! - MT
loriw73
1/27/18

Clothes aren't what they look like online. Cheap material. Oh and don't ever return anything. They charge a label feel of $6.95 PLUS $4.95 for shipping! RIP OFF!!

lisav76
1/19/18

I've ordered from Venus more times than I can count. I've never had issues with returns when I have received something that didn't quite fit right. The online chat reps are very helpful if you have questions. LOVE the items I get from Venus. Much more trustworthy than those awful foreign companies that advertise on Facebook. Not even in the same category! (photo is of me in a dress purchased from Venus for a formal event)

Tip for consumers: Read the reviews of an item before you purchase. Most of the time, people will give tips on sizing, etc.

Response from Heidi V., Venus Representative
Thank you so much for the 5 Star review. Good to hear we are getting it right. We listen to all our Customer feedback. Thank you for being a valued Venus Customer.
sherrib32
1/17/18

I have been ordering from Venus for years and will continue to do so. They are a US company, NOT ONE OF THE SCAM CHINESE COMPANIES. I get a lot of my sweaters for work from here and have ordered from Venus before you had to start worrying about where you were ordering from. I have never had any problems with returns. Have been refunded to their terms for any returned product. Have never waited longer than a normal amount of shipping time to receive product.

Response from Heidi V., Venus Representative
Thank you so much for the 5 Star Review, Sherri. We love hearing from our customers and always appreciate the feedback.
sumerc2
1/16/18

If you would like to order a bathing suit in May and receive it in December due to ongoing back orders, this is your company! I have chatted on-line to be told that the arrival dates are subject to change. Subject to change 5 times!?! I called and the supervisor refused to offer any kind of refund or assistance. When asked to speak to a manager, I as told there was not a manager on the floor. Um, worked in call centers, been there, done that and there is ALWAYS a manager available. RIDICULOUS! If they continue to run the company with poor customer service and out of date web pages the company VENUS will no longer be in business. Heads up; If it says "back ordered" it means unavailable...you will not get your item on or even near the back ordered until date.

Response from Heidi V., Venus Representative
We apologize that your experience was not up to expectations. If you would please contact us at socialsupport@venus.com, or send us a private message to us through Sitejabber, we would be more than happy to have a member of our team look at your account and make this right. Please indicate that you are contacting us about a Sitejabber Review. We will be looking forward to hearing from you. - MT
janicel51
1/13/18

I ordered from this store 3 separate times and about 8 items overall. Everything fit perfectly and I thought the quality was good. I get compliments each time I wear one of the items. I have not had any bad experience at all and I hope to continue. I did not have to go through the returns process, so I cannot comment on that.

Response from Heidi V., Venus Representative
Thank you for you great review. We look forward to assisting you with all your Style needs.
robynr16
1/12/18

I have ordered from here MANY times and for the most part think the quality is good. I do order items in a smaller size than I normally would as I think they run a little big.
I haven't had any trouble with shipping times, but I have also never been in a rush to get my items. It does cost money to return items which I don't like.

Response from Heidi V., Venus Representative
Thank you so much for the 5 Star review. Do know that should you be unsatisfied with any Style, please call and speak with an Account Specialist who will be more than happy to assist with sizing or a return.
andreai7
1/11/18

Got addicted to the clothes on this site. If you are not purchasing for a specific deadline, you can get great prices- the sales rotate. The online inventory is extremely accurate. You can stalk sizes they're out of and returns will pop back into inventory. If you're paying attention, you can grab them. Dealt with customer service three times- no issues. They were able to help me twice. Once was me trying to add an item to an order placed several hours before- once printed they aren't allowed to edit after that point. Timely order received and shipping emails. From FL to NY, I receive in 7-10 days. Some fabric is thinner than expected. Cable knit sweaters are a nice quality. Boots are nice. Sizing seems a little big, but I order around it...if it's a fitted item, order a size down. Overall a great experience. Mistakes happen. Be polite to customer service and you will get the same in return.

Response from Heidi V., Venus Representative
You just made our day! Thank you so much for your kind words, amazing feedback, and the 5 Star Review! We want to provide top notch service, and we are so glad that our Customer Service Representatives are always able to achieve that. - MT
maryc394
1/10/18

I occasionally shop on that site; one should browse through items for a long time because the clothes are way too "fancy" to my testing , or to be more precise- simply tasteless, with weird insets or cuts in the wrong places, or too much embellishments etc etc. Some items however are good. The quality depends... you should really read description carefully . I would say, the quality is somewhere between WMart and Target. What bothers me is that customer service. If you push the button "To Place An Order" -they'll be there for you from beginning to the end. But if it's about questions- good luck! They cut on you, even when you are already with representative, discussing your order status. It happened 4 times to me, so if you want them to stay with you, press 1 to participate in survey.
Also, they list back-ordered items as "shipped" in your order status ( which never happens with other companies) and I consider it misleading. I would never knew it but decided to check my orders online, since I was wondering where are items I ordered 3 months ago!!!! VENUS, poor management! And you should do better training on people you hire. I am now questioning whether should I stop shopping here

Response from Heidi V., Venus Representative
We apologize that your recent order with us did not meet your expectations. If you would please contact us at socialsupport@venus.com and put "Sitejabber Review" in the subject line, we would want to make this situation right. - MT
mrsy2
1/9/18

Ive been ordering from Venus for years, Ive had to return an item or two with no hassle. And their merchandise is what you see is what you get unlike some of the other sites.

Response from Heidi V., Venus Representative
Customer service is our top priority. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us this 5 star review. Thank you!
mirelap3
1/5/18

I love the quality and their customer service is fantastic!! Pieces are truly unique and I get a lot of compliments on most of the items purchased. The only things that I don't like is Taxes and Customs Fees as I do live in Canada. it can get pretty pricey...Waa waa

Response from Heidi V., Venus Representative
We are so happy we were able to provide you with a 5 star experience. We love hearing from our customers and appreciate you taking the time to leave a review! -MT
cynthiar77
1/4/18
• Updated review

After my review on sitejabber I was contacted by Venus and was given full refund including shipping and return label cost. Thank you Venus!

Response from Heidi V., Venus Representative
You are very welcome, Cynthia! Glad we could assist!
“MOST DISAPPOINTING EXPERIENCE EVER!!!! DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY”
1/3/18
• Previous review

Would give -5 stars!!!! Ordered a dress and paid for 2 day shipping. Received dress 4 days later (Package was delivered while at event I needed my dress for). Was given partial refund for 2 day shipping and 2 wks later still have not gotten refund for dress. Was basically told I'll get what I get back when I get it. HORRIBLE...HORRIBLE customer service and quality of clothing has declined significantly. WILL NEVER ORDER FROM HERE AGAIN!!!!!!

Response from Heidi V., Venus Representative
We sincerely apologize for the troubles with recent interaction with our company, and we truly want to make this right. If you would please reach out to us at socialsupport@venus.com we would be happy to look into your account with you, and I will be happy to do anything in my power to rectify this issue for you. We appreciate your feedback and appreciate your business!
hannas19
12/28/17

Super satisfied.. I ordered a very large size and made the exchange within the stipulated time they returned me with the right order with great agility. Fair prices and fast delivery. I loved the site and the attention!

Response from Heidi V., Venus Representative
We love to hear from our customers! Thank you for the 5 star rating. We will continue to offer you great products and customer service.
vickys61
12/26/17

I purchased multiple items from Venus and several needed to be returned. It has been 10 days and they still have to travel across the state. If I would have known that the USPS label isn't really USPS but that they end up handing it off to UPS I would not have taken it to the post office because it sat there for 3 days. VERY disappointed. I would like my refund and it still has to go clear across the state of Florida. And then lord knows how long it will actually take them to process it. I love Venus but that will be my last time purchasing from them.

Response from Heidi V., Venus Representative
We apologize for any delays that you experienced with your return. We provide a pre-paid return label to all of our customers to ensure an easy returns process. Returns and exchanges can take up to 14 business days to receive and process depending on the method of delivery you choose to return the merchandise.
susanp98

Best Company Around to return anything they are professional and
process your payment within a few days. Excellent.

jof59
12/19/17

I recently ordered 7 items from Venus. I got 6 in the mail, as one sweater was on back order. One item I received I had never even ordered, and one item I ordered was missing. There was supposed to be a return label in the box, which there was not. I had to pay $13.00 to ship my returns back. I am cancelling my sweater that is on back order. I wont order again.

Response from Heidi V., Venus Representative
Hi Jo! We do apologize to hear that happened and would love to look into your account. We have sent you a private message, and look forward to hearing from you.
victoriab95
12/19/17

Will not buy again, if you return something, and the return made the original order fell under the free shipping threshold, they charge another $5, that is a total rip off.

Response from Heidi V., Venus Representative
Hi Victoria! If the order drops below the promotion, we do deduct the $4.95 from the refund, but we issue this $4.95 as an e-certificate to use towards a future purchase.
adrianne53
12/12/17

I've ordered MANYdifferent items from Venus. 8 out of 10 I loved. The others were just sizing mistakes on my part. I have 2 currently sold items in my closet with tags still on that are just TOO big for me that im too lazy to go thru the hassle to return and exchange them not to mention the payment, I'd say my results were pretty darn great considering the chance i ALWAYS take ordering online. Overall very happy with Venus

Response from Heidi V., Venus Representative
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review. We love hearing from our customers and are so happy that you are pleased with your order. We appreciate you!

I've been buying from Venus FOR YEARS(!) so I was so surprised at all the bad reviews. Yes, occasionally I've been unhappy with a purchase BUT it's rare; and yes, there was a couple of items that I found "cheap-looking" (but I'm super-careful to read the material description prior to purchase - sometimes you can just tell). Their sizing surprises me though... I'm usually a large in regular & a XL in juniors BUT I always wear a Medium in Venus clothing (5'1", 115 lbs, 36D) - I'm thinking that they cater to the "busty"?? (Or maybe the clothes ARE made in China?) Who knows...don't care...their clothes are different from anywhere else & I always get compliments - especially from my husband!! However, after 15 + yrs as a customer, I must admit I was unaware they offered free returns (good to know :), but happy I've only returned 2 or 3 items & didn't have any issues - re-packed (w/in 30 days), dropped at PO & rec'd credit on my CC. My ONLY complaint with Venus is the prices; the trick is to wait for a sale (and PS, there prices change every 24-72 hours - NOT kidding!!!) Everyone has an opinion... if YOU like their clothes, give them a try & form your own - you may just be missing out on fashions that'll look great on you!!

By Dee C., Venus Representative

I believe they're $5...but if you order from their site they'll send them free

By Melissa B., Venus Representative

The quality of these closes are horrible! I bought a sweatshirt and the large pocket on the front was down on crooked and the seams on both sides were very uneven. The $70 boots I bought were awful. They both said 7 1/2 but 1 didn't fit at all and they both had holes in the shoes.

By Crystal H., Venus Representative

I would go with the medium. I found they run a lil big.

By Lisa m., Venus Representative

Complete junk dont waste your money!!

By Jonada R., Venus Representative

THESE DRESSES RUN VERY LONG!! THE MODELS TEND TO BE 5 FT 9 IN..OR TALLER! I AM 5 FEET 4 INCHES SO I DO NOT ORDER ANY MAXI DRESSES...LOOK/CHECK TO SEE IF THERE ARE PETITE OPTIONS FOR THESE DRESSES..GOOD LUCK!

By JUDY S., Venus Representative

I think some of their styles are knock-offs of Cache. Unfortunately, Cache is closing shop....which really bums me out!

By Cindy M., Venus Representative

True to size.... A perfect fit!

By Pamela R., Venus Representative

Yes. True to size

By Cathy D., Venus Representative

look at the size chart, it tells exactly. measure yourself. i have a size 8 hips and size 14 waist...aaaagh, but a size 12 fit tight. the materials are nice and the stuff is good quality, 95% of the time. sometimes photos lie, but usually not.

By carmen v., Venus Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Venus staff and other customers.

23 Photos for Venus