US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

peterh131
4/5/16

We ordered a Angle Mask which was advertised with photo on Esty website from a Mr Tatum Scheuermann . We ordered this for my daughter back in Nov-2015 in order to receive by Christmas. The seller Tatum promised he would have by Christmas, well one week before deliverey he said he was ill and not able to send till later. Well Jan rolled around still nothing then Feb and then the seller Tatum said he was still waiting for eyes for the mask 2 months and by the way which never came . Then he came up with more excuses , he said now there was severe thunder storms in his area and the several weeks later he said flooding. I got feed up with all these excuses so I checked weather reports for his area and zip code and the weather was just fine he was delaying again . It took 5 months to receive the mask we ordered and it was nothing evn close to what was advertised , we spent $110 dollars waited 5 months for something we will never use, the craftmanship is like something from a 7- 8 yr old . Please stay away from this seller Tatum Scheuermann which advertises Angel Masks because this person is a big rip -off and you'll be very dissappointed. We are out of $110 and my 11 yr old daughter is very sad/dissapointed, you been warned do not buy anything from Tatum Scheuermann.

nicolej34
4/5/16

I have never had a problem ordering from etsy. I have ordered from them several times and have no complaints. Always great customer service and prompt shipping!

mikel240
3/29/16

I just received my shirts from David. I must say he does quality work and is very proffessional. I definitely will more business with him.

missm11
3/23/16

Ordered from 5 different shops and only 1 had no issues.....

Aura Heels - product was perfect - no issues with shipping or anything.

The worst was KulturShop. She read my order wrong, misinformed me on where to return the item. I paid for return shipping twice. She tried every trick in the book to get out of giving me the refund. Thankfully eventually I did get the refund.

It's a bunch of bs dealing with most shops on etsy and it's unfortunate.

geoffreym32
3/21/16

I happened to found my package that was lost or stolen. But if something like that happens again, I want esty costomer care to give me some $#*!ing respect! Because I don't play with anybody. I will kill someone!

katies28
3/20/16

I've ordered a couple of items from etsy in the last year or two. I see etsy as a sort of eBay for unique handmade items, and I've found some really neat things on the website. I've never had problems with any of the sellers or with packaging/shipping, but I would recommend looking at the seller's reviews to make sure it's not a scam or anything before buying.

geoffreym31
3/19/16

Etsy still will not to refund my money for my lost package. Very horrible and ignorant people. This is why I will never shop at esty again! I closed my esty account a few hours ago. And i'm glad I did!!!

geoffreym30
3/19/16

Today, this is my first time having horrible customer care with those idiots by email. I had a package delivered yesterday. And I didn't know it was delivered. Then I realized today that it got stolen. So I bin emailing them today and told them that my package got lost or stolen. And they refused to refund my money. That's a shame because I just lost money. I should of had it delivered to my mom's house to keep my package safe.

christined46
3/14/16

I've only ordered from the site a couple times but my experiences have been great! I bought some wooden post earrings from a vendor on the site who was uber sweet! Even threw in a pair of free earrings!!! YAY! It did take a while to ship but they were coming from Thailand so it's understandable. I will say it can take I while to find the "diamond in the rough" so to speak, there are some weird, cheapy vendors who give me stingy vibes but you can find some really great items for a reasonable price. I Love Etsy and will be using the site for a looooong time! :)

bbr4
3/10/16

First of all, I was not only a buyer on etsy, but a seller with all 5 star reviews and perfect customer service. I loved etsy and it was like a dream come true. I hand made ALL my own products from scratch. They shut my shop down saying my products didn't fit in with their "hand made" theme. I wrote them at least 30 emails telling them I absolutely do make my own products, so they said I needed to send them receipts and photos of all my supplies. It was a huge undertaking but I did it, then I waited.... and waited... and waited. I heard nothing and kept asking what's going on.

Well, those A-Holes STILL wouldn't reopen my shop. WHY???? I gave them irrefutable proof. Nope, they didn't care one bit. I worked so hard on my shop but what you have are these young little b*tches working there that are sitting there enjoying playing with people's lives and livelihoods. They WANT to see you squirm, beg and suffer. This is what they get off on. And here's the funny thing... there were pages and pages of products being sold on etsy that were 100% manufactured by supplement companies, cosmetic companies, and tons of other companies in China. Hello??? WTF? I was making them money. It was a win win situation all the way around. They didn't care.

There were a million others just like me opening shops hoping for success and a better life for themselves. I was nothing to etsy. And here's another kicker... they suspended me from even shopping on etsy. WHAT? And what the hell did I do wrong that they would keep me from spending my money there? There's no rhyme or reason. They're scumbags that don't care about anything but themselves. There is NO customer service. Just a couple of snot faced b*tches sitting around drinking lattes and laughing at sellers and buyers who get screwed over by them and scam sellers.

UGH!!! It's been a year and I'm STILL not over it. I've never recovered financially from it. And what's worse is that there is NO other site that compares. I know that sounds contradictory, but it was amazing for me as a seller and all my customers loved me and praised my customer service.

So I have advice for both sellers and buyers:

Sellers- Don't put all your eggs in one basket. No, there is no other site that compares to etsy... when all is well, but it's just a matter of time before they pull the rug out from under you. It's happened to people that had been on there for 5 years and it can happen to you, so don't get too comfortable because they do not care one bit if selling on etsy is how you feed your family. And believe me, there is no amount of pleading, begging, sob stories, or anything else you could think up to do that will make them change their minds. They are heartless and evil. If your products are hand made, check out Amazon's new "hand made" section of their site. It's for people like you and I who take pride in our work and offer quality products.

Buyers- This is going to be short and simple. Do NOT use any other form of payment but Paypal. I know, they kind of suck too, but listen, at least you have some recourse if you don't get what you paid for. They tend to side with customers rather than the sellers. At least this is my experience. As a matter of fact, unless you're buying something on Amazon, use PayPal if it's an option. Protect yourself and do NOT forget to look at reviews on etsy or Bonanza.

Anyway, there's my two cents. I hope it helps someone.

shawnac4
3/10/16

I bought 3 candles, from this place and I LOVE THE SENTS when I ordered 2 candles before, and did not like the sent, DAN FROM DAN CANDLES DANDLES, , made it right with me, and offered a refund, he acted like VERY POLITE, PERSON, I DID RECEIVE MY NEW CANDLES, AND THE SMELL WONDERFUL.. I AM VERY HAPPY WITH EVERYTHING AND WILL BUY MORE CANDLES IN MY FUTURE..... THE PRICES ARE VERY GOOD FOR THE CANDLE $9.99 FOR CANDLES ARE A VERY GREAT PRICE FOR THE CANDLES. I HOPE ALL GOES WELL FOR THIS NEW COMPANY....

tonyaf11
3/9/16

I love buying and selling on etsy, but have a problem with my account and can not get a resolve. It's just been a game of waiting and guessing. Disappointed in their review system - it does not accurately portray a shops history - it only considers the past 12 months. very misleading and so disheartened by the lack of information they can give as to if an issue is currently being looked into.

jenniferr82
3/8/16

I purchased 2 oil tinctures beginning of January, only received one, told to contact seller myself & have gotten a run around ever since. First it was "We're having a hard time sourcing the materials, to sending me a second item of the one I received & some "substitute" for the one I never received. From "sourcing" issues to "My nephew is working the store"- it just never ends. Just emails back and forth & no resolution. If a vendor doesn't have the item, don't list it for sale! And people wonder why Amazon is so popular. A-Z guarantee.Not, "my nephew is working the store. Oops" Never again will I even think of trying these "rip you off at any chance" sites. Can't contact Etsy either about a problem vendor. How nice.

denniss52
3/7/16

Just a short note to tell you about a great art store on Etsy.com. This store features almost 500 giclee art prints by Tulsa artist Dennis R. Scott. The art is fantastic and the prices are quite reasonable if not very low. I am willing to bet that you will find some art that you just really like and want to purchase. Have a great time browsing the art in TheArtManStore on Etsy.com

heidiv6
3/7/16

I purchased a necklace for my wedding and upon its arrival I found it did not work at all. When ordering something with a lot of detail it is hard to determine if it will work or not until you actually see it. I wanted to return the necklace and was going to try to find another one. For the replacement one I figured if it didn't work then send it back just as I was doing with my first necklace and do this until I found one I liked. Upon contacting the company I was told ALL SALES ARE FINAL. When ordering of etsy.com they use so many different supplies and everyone of their policies vary. Be Careful what you order for it you don't like it you most likely will be stuck with it.

birdw1
3/6/16

I've purchased a few things from Etsy over the years. As another reviewer noted - lately the items for sale are crap, wav over priced and with insanely expensive shipping. It was a pretty good site a few years back but not now.

dannym58
3/5/16

Complete scam. Paid for the merchandise, of course that went perfectly smooth. Item never arrived. TruetiquesInc promised the refund, that never arrived either. Etsy refuses to do anything for the buyer. 3 months later, still out 109$.

amiec5
3/4/16

Website link for vendor: https://www.etsy.com/shop/laplumeblanche
Ordered a crystal necklace on a gold chain. Came, wasn't the product pictured on vendor's own site, she told me to ship it back to her and she would replace it. So I pay $17 to ship it back, now I'm out $48 total and she tells me she never recieved the package. So not only am I out $48 because this shady person with this site doesn't send me what she has pictured on her own site but I have no necklace at all. Etsy's response was: Oh well time's up to file a claim. Wtf?!?! I have attached images. The first one is the necklace on her site that I ordered and the next 3 are the pics of what I was actually sent...a busted up frosted crystal with chunks missing out of it not even on the same chain pictured on the vendors own site!! Ripoff site! Do not purchase from Laplumeblanche & don't expect Etsy to rectify the problem or get you the product your purchased or your money back when you deal with them!!

smileyf1
3/1/16

I only ordered 4 times from this website, but I have never had a problem. Sellers were all professional, my items arrived fast and in good condition. Alot of items are also very unique and it's fun to browse. No complaints here, will be shopping some more on this website.

jocet
3/1/16

First off it was so easy to use the site. My son's theme was a circus theme for his first birthday(this was the first time I used Etsy.com) so I looked up circus one year outfit and I found the cutest outfit ever. The instructions were easy to follow. The person who made it made sure I was taken care of. It didn't take long for me to receive the item tho I wasn't too worried since I ordered two months before his birthday. The product was made well. My son looked so cute in it. Kudos to the person who made it. Anyways the site is great. I love homemade stuff. So much creativity. Now I did order my son's two yr old shirt. Themed Mickey Mouse. From a totally different person. Totally different experience. I put the order in. Took a few days for the maker to see it(so I guess not everyone checks to see if they have any orders daily so keep that in mind) it did take a month for me to receive an email from the maker that it's being shipped. I was super excited. 9 days later nothing. So I contacted the maker and she replied back pretty quick that she will look into the tracking and find out what's going on. A few days later she contacted me back. She was super nice. Told me I definitely should have gotten it. She had talk to the post office supervisor. That she will make and ship another and ship it expedited. And message me the tracking info. That was a few days ago. Now the only down side that I hate after this experience is the tracking. You don't get any tracking info unless the maker contacts you with it themselves. So there's no way to track it once your items been shipped. Which sucks. So IDK if she's sent the other one out yet. Unless she message me the tracking info. So again I feel blind as to when I'm supposed to receive it. Hopefully by next week. We will see. Worse case scenario I will have to file a claim that I haven't received my item. Which BTW if you're having the problem that it said your item is shipped but uts been over a week. Always message the maker first. To work something out and to figure out what happened. If you hear no response for awhile then fine a claim. Unfortunately anyone can use any site to scam you. Just be careful. Read reviews first look at what they are being rated. And I don't like how the money gets taken out of my account right away. Before the maker even saw my order. I think that needs to change.

sierraw3
2/23/16

I ordered two shirts (Drunk in love, just drunk) on Saturday and I saw my email wasn't going to get here until Friday but needed it sooner and asked if expedited shipping was possible and how much and they did 2 day shipping for free. If you email, they seem very much appreciative of business and will accommodate you.

kimberleyz
2/22/16

I have recently been shopping on etsy I think this site is great I love their shops and when I sighn on I love the items they have laid out for me . Items I purchase come quickly and there is always a personal not from the store owner makes me feel special!

ruthm59
2/19/16

I purchased two expensive items from one seller. The seller combined shipping using one package and shipped the items almost immediately through USPS. A couple of days later I was notified that the items had been "delivered". WRONG! I never received anything. I contacted the seller and after days and days of back and forth emails without resolution I found out that she had sent a package which was just large enough to NOT TO FIT IN MY MAILBOX. I couldn't file a claim because she had NOT PURCHASED INSURANCE NOR had she REGISTERED OR CERTIFIED the package!!!! I attempted numerous times to contact Etsy but they make it incredibly difficult and the only way is by sending an email. Unlike Ebay or Amazon where you get immediate help Etsy makes it almost impossible to get resolution. Days later I received an email from Etsy informing me that "Because Etsy is a venue in which each seller manages their own shop and creates their own policies, we don't require sellers to offer a replacement or a refund in this type of circumstance..."!!! THE ONLY WAY I GOT RESOLUTION WAS BY CONTACTING MY FINANCIAL INSTITUTION AND STOPPING PAYMENT. NEVER DEALING WITH THIS COMPANY AGAIN.

judithb18
2/17/16

The 'better mouse trap' will be here, don't cry when you've dallied and find the item of your dreams sold out!

janetr36
2/13/16

I have been selling for 5 years on Etsy. In the past my sales increased every year, everything changed in 2016. With Etsy the sellers are their customers and the buyers are the sellers customers. Etsy has no support system, they pick and choose who they want to promote. They will remove your listings from searches now if you get a bad review, the thing about bad reviews is that sometimes they are legitimate other times they are just people throwing temper tantrums because they want more but don't want to pay for the extra items they want things for free. It's hard to decipher if something is a lig complaint so why should one be blocked from searches if there is a bad review, there are 2 sides to every story and that should be considered.
Their ad cost have more than doubled, this time last year I paid $100 for a week and received double the orders. This year I have paid $250 and received less profit, less orders.
They do not help their customers at all, if you write anything that is a complaint to Etsy they will drop you from searches. You are not allowed to be upset with the customer service that Etsy provides but anyone and write anything bad about your shop. '
They play favorites, if employees of Etsy have shops they promote those shops but not others.
What they are doing now isn't fair to everyone but they don't care. I am looking to sell elsewhere now.

555 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

62 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Etsy staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question