Review of Etsy

Tel: +1.7188557955
press@etsy.com

christalb2
2/20/17

I ordered a knited hat and it was for a baby....I am a grown baby...my head would not fit in it....sorry maybe someothers are ok...CB

catrinay1
2/20/17

I have ordered two things for my weeding from Etsy. Which I will be canceling right after this post!!! First you can not speak to anyone. Second when you do write them they do not respond. Thirdly they don't uphold there end of the deal they sent half ass product not finished and my money is wasted. To boot it's a fight to get money returned you have to cancel through your credit card and fight it because Etsy does not refund. Thanks a million. For all to read do not waste your time on this Etsy site. They are scammers and it's not right. I just hand twins and am getting married and I ordered two things that I really wanted to make OUR day special and they killed it!! I will go to a store from now on and have my stuff made. I will never ever order from this company again it should be shut down!!!!

karenc202
2/16/17

Just had my store shut down because apparantly I didnt design or make the items. So rude and unfounded and even after I sent then 20 pics of my workroom with sewing machines and cutting table, fabrics and cut and made items they said I still would violate their policies and not to contact them again. I have my own website so not that fussed but dont like being bullied esp when I see they are selling heaps of imports on there...BAD BAD BAD BUSINESS and so WEIRD!!!!

amyv29
2/14/17

This website does not give a $#*! about their customers. Not only that, they will do everything to make themselves sound right. I'm telling ya, do not ever order on etsy here. You'll just end up wasting money. This website is full of $#*!. Customer service sucks, and guess what, missing items or whatever you name it, they can't do anything about it. You'll just end up wasting your money.

stanislavy
2/14/17

I used Etsy shop for 2 month. Finally made my first sale. Suddenly with out any reasonable explanation my account was terminated. I tried to provide evidence that my shop is legit.
West. That how he call himself wrote me that they have right to terminate account for any reason and with out explanation.
Mean while I lost money and time setting up shop , marketing etc.
very disappointing experience

awaren
2/11/17

Be Warned!!! Etsy is the home of scammers looking to steal your money! Over 98% of the items are fake or nonexistent at all! Etsy supports scammers masked as "sellers" and there is NOTHING that a fraud victim can do to get refund! Their "case resolution system" is automated and THERE IS NO CUSTOMER SERVICE AND NO PROTECTION!

This scam place called "Etsy" will be out of business soon if we raise awareness and boycott it altogether! Please share this review with your family and friends. I don't want others to be scammed like I did!

Tip for consumers: Null rating. Etsy is a dangerous scam website!

ajd15
2/7/17

I ordered a product through Etsy that was damaged in shipment, so I opened a dispute case and engaged with the seller to obtain a refund for the cost of repair. The seller finally sent me the refund but Etsy was no help, closing the case on me twice. The final straw was telling me that they would accept disputes about the product but not any shipping issues. This is a business that depends on shipping!

jk152
2/7/17

Warning! Do NOT SELL HERE!! Competitors will flag your listings. They have a clique of people who bully new sellers and they will all flag your listings for no reason and your shop will be closed for no reason!

baharehf
2/7/17

I ordered a little dress for my girl, paid AUD $60 ,I was happy if it was like what I saw on the photos on website, not soft material at all and there is no tag or anything attached to the dress about the details .

scottb192
2/6/17

I use this site to find unique gifts for my Wife and get ideas for special occasions. Especially jewelry.

yvonneb43
2/5/17

I did my business in Etsy since 2015, crawling on my knees. Everything started from zero. Just last 2 months my business started to shine, I was so happy then out of the blue they deactivated my star items. Not only that, someone ordered from me they holding that money and told me not to ship until clear! Hell, I contacted my customer and ship my product on time. Etsy still holding my money, tried to email and call...NOTHING !!! What is that protection to buyer and seller? The buyer would think I'm a SCAM if I don't ship their order. I don't care, I shipped my product even tough Etsy still holding my money. My customers are important to me. Beware if you want to start your business in Etsy

lakeciahc
2/2/17

This website is full of crap ! My credit card was stolen and used to make unauthorized transactions. Not only did it take them a week to look into this , they also denied me of my refund and wouldnt tell my investigating officer the account holder bc of their "policy " but i feel once you commit fraud that should go out the window. Need i say i was informed that there was no way they could stop that transaction so with that being said..the person still gets to recieve the things they bought from my card. SO PEOPLE YOUR CREDIT CARDS ARENT SAFE HERE AND THERES NO PENALTY FOR SOMEONE WHO MAKES AN UNAUTHORIZED TRANSACTION WITH YOUR CARD. AND CREDIT CARD THIEVES THIS IS A PERFECT WEBSITE TO GO ON TO GET ANYTHING YOU DESIRE.

bol66
2/1/17

Etsy.com is a listing fee scam for sellers. They'll close down your store without warning even if you have sold hundreds of items with all positive feedbacks.

sherryw29
1/31/17

A seller screwed me on a purchase and the resolution team ordered her to refund my money but then let the seller get away without paying me after I returned the item to her. The resolution team refuses to do anymore for me and I am just left screwed without my money and without the product! DO NOT USE THIS SITE EVER!

samanthaj45
1/29/17

I am appalled at the business practice of this company. My mom helped my 80 year old grandpa open a store to sell his hand carved wooden toys. His items were 100% his own and handmade. He was doing really well for over a year when out of the blue they suspended his account with NO EXPLANATION and NO WARNING. My mom tried contacting them about why it was suspended and got a really vague robot response that stated they determined his store would keep breaking their rules. WHAT RULES?!? Like I said, we got zero warnings and zero complaints before this... and now we can't even get through to a human being to resolve the issue or get an explanation. Our IP address has been blacklisted that we can't even make purchases on the site anymore!! In an instant, we are banned entirely and my grandpas store is gone. I am no longer considering them for my own business. TERRIBLE COMPANY!!!

richards302
1/27/17

Etsy has some of the worst customer service I've ever seen. Buyer beware, you will regret ordering from Etsy!

sharim18
1/23/17

If you like waiting and waiting for what's not coming. Order!! Or getting what not pictured fine print policy.order.or bring told you have to wa it three months for a partial refund.don't waste your time and money.

antis4
1/23/17

Etsy is not a real e-commerce but a scam website run by six people (two of which drug addicts) and millions of scammers!

Etsy does not have a Customer Service nor a Buyer Protection. All phone calls are automated and when you will get scammed (yes, you certainly will) you won't have where to turn for help!

Even if you manage to contact Etsy, you will receive an automated response via email after 7-14 days and it will tell you to report the case to the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

As anything else, images and feedback are also fake. Etsy scammers purchase positive feedback from illegal Russian "agencies" for $4.50 per item, whereas images are all taken from web.

If you have money and consciously want to feed them to scammers, then go ahead and try Etsy. If your money is hard earned, AVOID ETSY AT ALL COSTS FOR IT IS A SCAM!!!

Tip for consumers: DO NOT BUY FROM ETSY.COM

hannahc39
1/15/17

Do not trust Full Moon Jewellery on Etsy. I received a ring as a gift for my birthday that was an initial ring. After several months, the engraving started wearing away, so I contacted her to get it fixed. She agreed, but about a month went by and I hadn't heard anything from her. She had actually had a baby, and so I was completely patient and understanding. Several more weeks went by, and she said she was going to get back to filling orders and mine would be sent back in 2 weeks. Here we are three months later, and I have yet to receive it. I would be patient, but she posts how she filled a couple hundred Christmas orders in a few days time. Therefore, she's ignoring mine and filling others. She had not replied to me on etsy since November. I had sent about 6 messages notifying her about an address change and then asking for updates. I never once cussed or threatened her or anything. I contacted etsy and basically they were useless and can't do anything for me. I found on her etsy page her facebook and instagram, so I commented on a couple pictures of each hoping she'd see my comments there. She deleted all comments and blocked me. Before blocking me she replied that I didn't care to pay to ship the item out properly and asked me to stop "harassing" her (as mentioned no cussing or threatening, just asking about my item).. well she never told me there was a specific way to send it out. She notified me when she received it and everything seemed fine. At this point, I'm over it and fed up with her and etsy for the lack of customer service and rudeness I've experienced. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SELLER. Terrible quality and even worse customer service. I'll probably never get my ring back.

dianem106
1/15/17

I never received items and tracking showed "Origin Post is Preparing Shipment" almost a month ago, but never actually shipped. Seller refused to refund and Etsy closed my dispute for non-delivery saying "Etsy is unable to hold sellers responsible for items lost or delayed in the mail" and "We recommend that you contact the shipping service for assistance with locating the package." My items were mailed from Shenzhen EMS China - how could I possibly contact them? This is the second time I've had non-delivery of items ordered from Etsy (and I've only ordered a few times) - both were argumentative sellers and Etsy's dispute resolution process is worthless. I'll never order from them again.

shannonb69
1/12/17

Etsy would not help me with a terrible seller, GroversGrove, on their website. I got screwed out of $2000.00 for a busted product. Don't buy expensive items through Etsy and especially not from one of their sellers, GroversGrove!!!

formere1
1/5/17

This company will shut down very soon. They are rude, weird and everything about them is very shady. After having a successful 2 plus years in business and 5 stars from customers on their platform I was like other many sellers shut down abruptly. Additionally, I received an robotic email from their " Intergrity" department that my items which are 100% handmade does not qualify to sell on etsy. They made almost a 100K from me in fees over 2 years , and all I received was a stinking email that my 2nd grade child can write better.

Your company is doing bad business and I will post this review all over the place and wherever I can. The fact that they doing this to legitimate businesses and letting all kind of scammers to sell clearly machine made imported items is disgusting and disgraceful. You will be very soon in court facing a class action suit. Good luck to you and I guess that was the best that happened to me since that pushed me to start my own website and pay less fees in adversting.

ritav8
1/3/17

DON'T BUY ETSY FAKE Handmade products. I know people on some forums brag how they import and claim handmade and are approved by etsy. I opened my store and im an artist, i have trade marks registered on some of my designs. I had my handmade store for a month or two and had growing sales, then they have suspended my account and told me to prove i am the creator, i sent them all info and my designs from sketches to final result and got approved again. Then i decided to use a local printer to print my designs on mugs and followed all their rules and filled out outside manufacturer application as required for using a printing company. They disapproved me and deleted my store claiming they have reason to believe i'm not making my art myself (like stripping me of my skills), when i appealed with all the evidence, they told me not to email them again!!! it was so rude, the etsy worker name was James, i hope he's happy for bullying people like that, all i can say is carma will get him and them, i am officially on a quest to have more people find out about their not accountable for anything reps and the company itself, i tried to contact them again but they would keep ignoring me... They have no respect to people who make them money, they should receive the reputation they deserve :( I'm just going to start selling on Handmade at Amazon, since they deleted my store, including all the products i was making myself without the outside printer. Screw them.

nopen5
12/31/16

no ETSY STINKS! they allow fake's. they allow theft. and when they are called on it. they try to threaten you to keep quiet... WRONG PERSON.... STINKPOTS.. IM SOUNDING OFF ON YOU ALL OVER THE PLACE THEY ALLOW.. FAKES!!!!!! GET YOUR JEWELRY CHECKED OUT.

This message is a private conversation between you and Etsy. Please respect this confidentiality and refrain from distributing this communication without permission from Etsy. If you feel this message was sent to you in error, please delete it and let us know. Thank you.

This is what Etsy sent after my receiving a fake ring from Cestsla on Etsy.. I had to keep at her and them to get any response on the faking off a sterling ring and fake stones for a 14k with diamonds.... I literally had to file a lawsuit... which resulted in her sending another ring.. hasn't been checked out yet.. that's how recent this is

pablot12
12/31/16

Fake Products, Dishonest Sellers, No Protection or Accountability from Etsy.
Going back to eBay and Amazon.com

556 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

Check the reviews, and Google the seller. Also, are the reviews written in good english? Does it seem fake? Check pictures from the buyers.

By Johanna v. on 12/12/15
Helpful answer

I would have to say no, with LOTS of exceptions. In the past few years Etsy has allowed business to claim handmade if it meets certain criteria. I often see many items that claim to be handmade but I have seen them on Alibaba being sold in bulk. That being said I look very closely and have purchased some wonderfu items from great sellers. The biggest problem with Etsy is that they no longer protect customers from fraud (they say they are not liable) but in doing that lots and lots or resellers and counterfeit items have saturated Etsy' s marketplace. I would never buy anything "vintage" there. What I have seen you are getting thrift store rejects or modern fake. Buyer beware! Investigate all vendors carefully!!

By Tracy Q. on 4/29/15
Helpful answer

I am agree with Ramina. 90% is not hand made . all comes from Factories . when someone has over 8000's item don't you ask who made it . They are all over from Pakistan to turkey east to west up united state . Etsy is happy just to take your money and every 4 or 5 months closing one store to show off and if you have some money as a credit they take it too . no customer service , no respect no manor , they made policy just for FUN and they have FUN with our pocket . stay far from them FAR FAR.

By Behzad G. on 3/3/13
Helpful answer

I agree with Steve J on this one. A lot of sellers on Etsy work from home in the evenings for extra money. Most of them are not big businesses with massive inventories so I would give them the benefit of the doubt. Give them a little more time and if they dont send it out then file a case with etsy

By Peeved O. on 11/14/15
Helpful answer

Business checking isn't necessary (the banks now charge a monthly fee for a small business checking). You can pretty much set up a regular checking account

By A S. on 8/4/15
Helpful answer

I am no sure why this would be the case. I have only paid through paypal and have never been asked personal financial information beyond paypal. It is odd that you have experienced this issue. What personal financial information have you been asked to divulge?

By Nancy M. on 5/17/16
Helpful answer

The best and quickest thing to do is to email the seller and let them know that you would like to return for a refund.

By Shirley M. on 5/28/15
Helpful answer

Please keep in mind that etsy has thousands of sellers. It is a difficult site to rate here on sitejabber because ratings really do not relate to the site. Ratings would have to relate to individual sellers. I have had at least 100 transactions on esty and have not had a single issue.

By Nancy M. on 5/17/16
Helpful answer

Yes, it certainly is. I've also been selling for many years, never had a problem. Using PayPal is great if you ever should have a problem, as you're protected in the event of theft. If you were hacked somehow would be the only way it would be a concern for me, so I am careful about using good passwords and changing them often (Etsy password) I would not worry about the safety of Etsy direct at all.

By Jodi H. on 10/18/15
Helpful answer

Yes it is. Although each shop is owned individually checkout process is very secure through direct pay or PayPal.

By Reenie V. on 11/2/15
Questions? Get answers from the Etsy staff and other customers.

10 Photos for Etsy