US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

luceror2
5/12/16

Please be really cautious when purchasing from here. The sellers tend to use different photos of their items. I purchased a ring based off of a picture the seller had and received a COMPLETELY different ring. Not happy at all, never again will I purchase from here.

nancyb141
5/7/16

I ordered a two-tiered wine glass rack from Weldon Woodcrafts on Etsy, and it was shipped to me but damaged in the shipping process. I contacted Andrew Weldon/Weldon Woodcrafts about this, and he said he would contact the USPS. That was in the first part of March. I did not hear back from him and have sent him 3 more notes asking about the status, all of them unanswered.

The craftsmanship was okay, except that he used a piece of wood that had a knot in it and he also didn't use a very sturdy shipping box, and the box looked a little ragged when I got it. After having been thrown around by the U.S. Postal Service, it came to me with a big crack where the knot was. I paid $95 originally and then he asked for an additional $25 for shipping costs before he would send it out.

Tip for consumers: If you have a problem with your item you need to contact both the seller and Etsy (start a case with them). I waited for the seller to do something about the problem, and now the time has expired for me to make a case with Etsy. So I have no recourse now, since it has been over 60 days.

lloydj3
5/4/16

bought four paintings through etsy, was way lower quality than the seller charged and from the pictures showed, dust and hairs stick on the paintings and cheap canvas used. Showed the seller photo prof, she claimed that was not damage, and would not refund. Threat me with bad words. Remember to be very careful when shoping on Etsy, there are both good and bad sellers existing.

shanons1
5/4/16

I placed my order on Apr 16..on Apr 18 they sent an email saying it was shipped but I haven't received it as of yesterday May3. Got in contact with a "Sydney Miller to tell her about the issue. She or he was very rude & blamed me of being nasty. Told me that they would TRY to find my order?? Never said if they couldn't solve the problem I would be geting my money back. I will never ever order from them again. Guess that just money wasted. But I really feel like something should be done about the rude..disrespectful customer service.

geoffreym23
4/30/16

I had shopped on etsy.com. lately and the people are very ignorant and disrespectful to me. I will never shop with them again and never will. I recommend to everybody! Do not shop on etsy.com. The people are very ignorant and disrespectful. You don't need anything from them.

janb64
4/28/16

I have bought my wedding dress and rings with Etsy - waiting on the rings (fingers crossed) but the dress was perfect. Sadly however, I also bought some bangles for me and my best friend, and when they arrived they were big enough only for a toddler, made of cheap plastic when they should have been 'gold plated brass with gemstones' as in the description and picture. I messaged the seller,https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/Jumkha - telling her about this and that unless there was a speedy resolution I would be sure to give a bad review (meaning the service AND product) so as to give her a chance to sort this out. The seller is making me pay for shipping to return the rubbish AND has accused me of having a 'poor tone' - well of COURSE I am pissed off about having bought crap! THEN Etsy.com's 'trust' service contacts me accusing me of trying to EXTORT the seller - suggesting I was threatening a bad review completely randomly - no mention and certainly no apology was made for the blatantly misrepresented items being sold by this seller (there was a BUBBLE in my 'gemstone' - clearly a plastic POS as incredibly light to handle too!). All in all I am disgusted by this site now and will sadly, never buy there again, since which I HAVE had good experiences, the attitude of Etsy itself is worrying - they won't refund shipping costs and accuse buyers like me who have spent hundreds with them of EXTORTION when sellers sell them crap. Unbelievable - sad. AVOID.

michellem165
4/23/16

I ordered from a seller who completely misrepresented what I thought I was getting. She used a stock photo for several lots. When I discovered this, I requested a refund. Seller lied and claimed the lots had already been shipped, yet no tracking number was given until 2 weeks later. I filed a complaint through Etsy who refused to do anything. I left very negative reviews, reported Etsy to the BBB and deleted my account. Never again!

maryannk4
4/22/16

Rip off product never received Tina eldor jewelery is foreign seller did not send item and was no help to try to resolve

Tip for consumers: Don't order from seller Tina eldor jewelery rip off items not received

ialantaa
4/19/16

I ordered the bouquet from Wedideas and was very disappointed. The flowers didn't look the same as they are on the picture. Super small size and not that white at all. They are OK for a flower girl but not for the bride. I wasn't able to use them for my wedding because it was super embarrassing.

Tip for consumers: Returns and quality 0 stars. They don't process a refund

marcelk15
4/15/16

most reviewers tending to the negative seem not to understand that Etsy is a platform and not an online shop
you will have to choose with care which seller you are buying off, as you will have to on any online platform
if the seller accepts paypal not much can go wrong: if the item deos not arrive or is defective, you can get a refund
what's very nice about Etsy is the wide range of handmade and/or vintage items, as such a wide array is not available elsewhere in such concentrated form AFAIK

debbies87
4/14/16

I ordered 3 separate items 1 arrived on time one was lost in shipping has to resend and the other my granddaughter has to pay postage to pick it up as Etsy did not pay proper shippimg

sams264
4/6/16

This website is absolutely ridiculous almost everything on here is not handmade. They have copyright infringement that have no back up, you can literally go on and be like "I don't like this shop so I'll report their items" then Etsy.com does not review it they say oh well not our problem even though there is no proof of copyright. Honestly pathetic for a company claiming to help small businesses.

noral9
4/6/16

I love Etsy. It's full of individual businesses. You will find anything you want here and if you don't someone, probably several businesses, will make it for you. I go to Etsy all the time for gifts and for unique items I want for myself. One of a kind pieces. running leggings, jewelry, furniture, car accessories...so many things. It's awesome.

peterh131
4/5/16

We ordered a Angle Mask which was advertised with photo on Esty website from a Mr Tatum Scheuermann . We ordered this for my daughter back in Nov-2015 in order to receive by Christmas. The seller Tatum promised he would have by Christmas, well one week before deliverey he said he was ill and not able to send till later. Well Jan rolled around still nothing then Feb and then the seller Tatum said he was still waiting for eyes for the mask 2 months and by the way which never came . Then he came up with more excuses , he said now there was severe thunder storms in his area and the several weeks later he said flooding. I got feed up with all these excuses so I checked weather reports for his area and zip code and the weather was just fine he was delaying again . It took 5 months to receive the mask we ordered and it was nothing evn close to what was advertised , we spent $110 dollars waited 5 months for something we will never use, the craftmanship is like something from a 7- 8 yr old . Please stay away from this seller Tatum Scheuermann which advertises Angel Masks because this person is a big rip -off and you'll be very dissappointed. We are out of $110 and my 11 yr old daughter is very sad/dissapointed, you been warned do not buy anything from Tatum Scheuermann.

nicolej34
4/5/16

I have never had a problem ordering from etsy. I have ordered from them several times and have no complaints. Always great customer service and prompt shipping!

mikel240
3/29/16

I just received my shirts from David. I must say he does quality work and is very proffessional. I definitely will more business with him.

missm11
3/23/16

Ordered from 5 different shops and only 1 had no issues.....

Aura Heels - product was perfect - no issues with shipping or anything.

The worst was KulturShop. She read my order wrong, misinformed me on where to return the item. I paid for return shipping twice. She tried every trick in the book to get out of giving me the refund. Thankfully eventually I did get the refund.

It's a bunch of bs dealing with most shops on etsy and it's unfortunate.

geoffreym32
3/21/16

I happened to found my package that was lost or stolen. But if something like that happens again, I want esty costomer care to give me some $#*!ing respect! Because I don't play with anybody. I will kill someone!

katies28
3/20/16

I've ordered a couple of items from etsy in the last year or two. I see etsy as a sort of eBay for unique handmade items, and I've found some really neat things on the website. I've never had problems with any of the sellers or with packaging/shipping, but I would recommend looking at the seller's reviews to make sure it's not a scam or anything before buying.

geoffreym31
3/19/16

Etsy still will not to refund my money for my lost package. Very horrible and ignorant people. This is why I will never shop at esty again! I closed my esty account a few hours ago. And i'm glad I did!!!

geoffreym30
3/19/16

Today, this is my first time having horrible customer care with those idiots by email. I had a package delivered yesterday. And I didn't know it was delivered. Then I realized today that it got stolen. So I bin emailing them today and told them that my package got lost or stolen. And they refused to refund my money. That's a shame because I just lost money. I should of had it delivered to my mom's house to keep my package safe.

christined46
3/14/16

I've only ordered from the site a couple times but my experiences have been great! I bought some wooden post earrings from a vendor on the site who was uber sweet! Even threw in a pair of free earrings!!! YAY! It did take a while to ship but they were coming from Thailand so it's understandable. I will say it can take I while to find the "diamond in the rough" so to speak, there are some weird, cheapy vendors who give me stingy vibes but you can find some really great items for a reasonable price. I Love Etsy and will be using the site for a looooong time! :)

bbr4
3/10/16

First of all, I was not only a buyer on etsy, but a seller with all 5 star reviews and perfect customer service. I loved etsy and it was like a dream come true. I hand made ALL my own products from scratch. They shut my shop down saying my products didn't fit in with their "hand made" theme. I wrote them at least 30 emails telling them I absolutely do make my own products, so they said I needed to send them receipts and photos of all my supplies. It was a huge undertaking but I did it, then I waited.... and waited... and waited. I heard nothing and kept asking what's going on.

Well, those A-Holes STILL wouldn't reopen my shop. WHY???? I gave them irrefutable proof. Nope, they didn't care one bit. I worked so hard on my shop but what you have are these young little b*tches working there that are sitting there enjoying playing with people's lives and livelihoods. They WANT to see you squirm, beg and suffer. This is what they get off on. And here's the funny thing... there were pages and pages of products being sold on etsy that were 100% manufactured by supplement companies, cosmetic companies, and tons of other companies in China. Hello??? WTF? I was making them money. It was a win win situation all the way around. They didn't care.

There were a million others just like me opening shops hoping for success and a better life for themselves. I was nothing to etsy. And here's another kicker... they suspended me from even shopping on etsy. WHAT? And what the hell did I do wrong that they would keep me from spending my money there? There's no rhyme or reason. They're scumbags that don't care about anything but themselves. There is NO customer service. Just a couple of snot faced b*tches sitting around drinking lattes and laughing at sellers and buyers who get screwed over by them and scam sellers.

UGH!!! It's been a year and I'm STILL not over it. I've never recovered financially from it. And what's worse is that there is NO other site that compares. I know that sounds contradictory, but it was amazing for me as a seller and all my customers loved me and praised my customer service.

So I have advice for both sellers and buyers:

Sellers- Don't put all your eggs in one basket. No, there is no other site that compares to etsy... when all is well, but it's just a matter of time before they pull the rug out from under you. It's happened to people that had been on there for 5 years and it can happen to you, so don't get too comfortable because they do not care one bit if selling on etsy is how you feed your family. And believe me, there is no amount of pleading, begging, sob stories, or anything else you could think up to do that will make them change their minds. They are heartless and evil. If your products are hand made, check out Amazon's new "hand made" section of their site. It's for people like you and I who take pride in our work and offer quality products.

Buyers- This is going to be short and simple. Do NOT use any other form of payment but Paypal. I know, they kind of suck too, but listen, at least you have some recourse if you don't get what you paid for. They tend to side with customers rather than the sellers. At least this is my experience. As a matter of fact, unless you're buying something on Amazon, use PayPal if it's an option. Protect yourself and do NOT forget to look at reviews on etsy or Bonanza.

Anyway, there's my two cents. I hope it helps someone.

shawnac4
3/10/16

I bought 3 candles, from this place and I LOVE THE SENTS when I ordered 2 candles before, and did not like the sent, DAN FROM DAN CANDLES DANDLES, , made it right with me, and offered a refund, he acted like VERY POLITE, PERSON, I DID RECEIVE MY NEW CANDLES, AND THE SMELL WONDERFUL.. I AM VERY HAPPY WITH EVERYTHING AND WILL BUY MORE CANDLES IN MY FUTURE..... THE PRICES ARE VERY GOOD FOR THE CANDLE $9.99 FOR CANDLES ARE A VERY GREAT PRICE FOR THE CANDLES. I HOPE ALL GOES WELL FOR THIS NEW COMPANY....

tonyaf11
3/9/16

I love buying and selling on etsy, but have a problem with my account and can not get a resolve. It's just been a game of waiting and guessing. Disappointed in their review system - it does not accurately portray a shops history - it only considers the past 12 months. very misleading and so disheartened by the lack of information they can give as to if an issue is currently being looked into.

555 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

66 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Etsy staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question