US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

sheilab62
2/25/17

I ordered the mechanics cake topper. It was at my door steps in a matter of days. Not only that this peice was exactly what I viewed on the site. Great quality. I would definitely use them again and again. I hope this will help someone. No need to wonder place your order without hesitation. Sheila from Brooklyn

danielg147
2/25/17

My girlfriend got personally banned from etsy because of the mismanagment of accounts owned by her ex husband. She wrote trying to explain the situation but etsy wanted nothi g to do with it and said the matter is closed and she could never have an etsy account or have anyone open an accounts for her. Thanks etsy for helping her terrible ex ruin her life even more. Thanks for participaiting in the abuse. Super cool.

kims227
2/22/17

Great products and fast shipping from most supplies shops. Don't let one bad experience keep you from shopping here..most sellers are conscientious and friendly as well as quick to respond to all inquiries.

chandrac3
2/22/17

I am both a buyer and seller on Etsy. I frequently make purchases on Etsy and have never had anything but great service. The one thing you have to remember about Etsy is that to address any customer issue you have to go back to the seller you bought from. There are over one million sellers on Etsy. Most of these are honest and hard working and provide a good product for the money. I run an honest business and desire that every buyer is thrilled with his or her purchase. If they are not I will refund their money as will most Etsy sellers.

georgek101
2/21/17

Nice shop with quick delivery, sometimes you need buy something quickly, cause you do not remember about someone birthday or something like this

christalb2
2/20/17

I ordered a knited hat and it was for a baby....I am a grown baby...my head would not fit in it....sorry maybe someothers are ok...CB

catrinay1
2/20/17

I have ordered two things for my weeding from Etsy. Which I will be canceling right after this post!!! First you can not speak to anyone. Second when you do write them they do not respond. Thirdly they don't uphold there end of the deal they sent half ass product not finished and my money is wasted. To boot it's a fight to get money returned you have to cancel through your credit card and fight it because Etsy does not refund. Thanks a million. For all to read do not waste your time on this Etsy site. They are scammers and it's not right. I just hand twins and am getting married and I ordered two things that I really wanted to make OUR day special and they killed it!! I will go to a store from now on and have my stuff made. I will never ever order from this company again it should be shut down!!!!

karenc202
2/16/17

Just had my store shut down because apparantly I didnt design or make the items. So rude and unfounded and even after I sent then 20 pics of my workroom with sewing machines and cutting table, fabrics and cut and made items they said I still would violate their policies and not to contact them again. I have my own website so not that fussed but dont like being bullied esp when I see they are selling heaps of imports on there...BAD BAD BAD BUSINESS and so WEIRD!!!!

amyv29
2/14/17

This website does not give a $#*! about their customers. Not only that, they will do everything to make themselves sound right. I'm telling ya, do not ever order on etsy here. You'll just end up wasting money. This website is full of $#*!. Customer service sucks, and guess what, missing items or whatever you name it, they can't do anything about it. You'll just end up wasting your money.

stanislavy
2/14/17

I used Etsy shop for 2 month. Finally made my first sale. Suddenly with out any reasonable explanation my account was terminated. I tried to provide evidence that my shop is legit.
West. That how he call himself wrote me that they have right to terminate account for any reason and with out explanation.
Mean while I lost money and time setting up shop , marketing etc.
very disappointing experience

awaren
2/11/17

Be Warned!!! Etsy is the home of scammers looking to steal your money! Over 98% of the items are fake or nonexistent at all! Etsy supports scammers masked as "sellers" and there is NOTHING that a fraud victim can do to get refund! Their "case resolution system" is automated and THERE IS NO CUSTOMER SERVICE AND NO PROTECTION!

This scam place called "Etsy" will be out of business soon if we raise awareness and boycott it altogether! Please share this review with your family and friends. I don't want others to be scammed like I did!

Tip for consumers: Null rating. Etsy is a dangerous scam website!

ajd15
2/7/17

I ordered a product through Etsy that was damaged in shipment, so I opened a dispute case and engaged with the seller to obtain a refund for the cost of repair. The seller finally sent me the refund but Etsy was no help, closing the case on me twice. The final straw was telling me that they would accept disputes about the product but not any shipping issues. This is a business that depends on shipping!

jk152
2/7/17

Warning! Do NOT SELL HERE!! Competitors will flag your listings. They have a clique of people who bully new sellers and they will all flag your listings for no reason and your shop will be closed for no reason!

baharehf
2/7/17

I ordered a little dress for my girl, paid AUD $60 ,I was happy if it was like what I saw on the photos on website, not soft material at all and there is no tag or anything attached to the dress about the details .

scottb192
2/6/17

I use this site to find unique gifts for my Wife and get ideas for special occasions. Especially jewelry.

yvonneb43
2/5/17

I did my business in Etsy since 2015, crawling on my knees. Everything started from zero. Just last 2 months my business started to shine, I was so happy then out of the blue they deactivated my star items. Not only that, someone ordered from me they holding that money and told me not to ship until clear! Hell, I contacted my customer and ship my product on time. Etsy still holding my money, tried to email and call...NOTHING !!! What is that protection to buyer and seller? The buyer would think I'm a SCAM if I don't ship their order. I don't care, I shipped my product even tough Etsy still holding my money. My customers are important to me. Beware if you want to start your business in Etsy

lakeciahc
2/2/17

This website is full of crap ! My credit card was stolen and used to make unauthorized transactions. Not only did it take them a week to look into this , they also denied me of my refund and wouldnt tell my investigating officer the account holder bc of their "policy " but i feel once you commit fraud that should go out the window. Need i say i was informed that there was no way they could stop that transaction so with that being said..the person still gets to recieve the things they bought from my card. SO PEOPLE YOUR CREDIT CARDS ARENT SAFE HERE AND THERES NO PENALTY FOR SOMEONE WHO MAKES AN UNAUTHORIZED TRANSACTION WITH YOUR CARD. AND CREDIT CARD THIEVES THIS IS A PERFECT WEBSITE TO GO ON TO GET ANYTHING YOU DESIRE.

bol66
2/1/17

Etsy.com is a listing fee scam for sellers. They'll close down your store without warning even if you have sold hundreds of items with all positive feedbacks.

sherryw29
1/31/17

A seller screwed me on a purchase and the resolution team ordered her to refund my money but then let the seller get away without paying me after I returned the item to her. The resolution team refuses to do anymore for me and I am just left screwed without my money and without the product! DO NOT USE THIS SITE EVER!

samanthaj45
1/29/17

I am appalled at the business practice of this company. My mom helped my 80 year old grandpa open a store to sell his hand carved wooden toys. His items were 100% his own and handmade. He was doing really well for over a year when out of the blue they suspended his account with NO EXPLANATION and NO WARNING. My mom tried contacting them about why it was suspended and got a really vague robot response that stated they determined his store would keep breaking their rules. WHAT RULES?!? Like I said, we got zero warnings and zero complaints before this... and now we can't even get through to a human being to resolve the issue or get an explanation. Our IP address has been blacklisted that we can't even make purchases on the site anymore!! In an instant, we are banned entirely and my grandpas store is gone. I am no longer considering them for my own business. TERRIBLE COMPANY!!!

richards302
1/27/17

Etsy has some of the worst customer service I've ever seen. Buyer beware, you will regret ordering from Etsy!

sharim18
1/23/17

If you like waiting and waiting for what's not coming. Order!! Or getting what not pictured fine print policy.order.or bring told you have to wa it three months for a partial refund.don't waste your time and money.

antis4
1/23/17

Etsy is not a real e-commerce but a scam website run by six people (two of which drug addicts) and millions of scammers!

Etsy does not have a Customer Service nor a Buyer Protection. All phone calls are automated and when you will get scammed (yes, you certainly will) you won't have where to turn for help!

Even if you manage to contact Etsy, you will receive an automated response via email after 7-14 days and it will tell you to report the case to the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

As anything else, images and feedback are also fake. Etsy scammers purchase positive feedback from illegal Russian "agencies" for $4.50 per item, whereas images are all taken from web.

If you have money and consciously want to feed them to scammers, then go ahead and try Etsy. If your money is hard earned, AVOID ETSY AT ALL COSTS FOR IT IS A SCAM!!!

Tip for consumers: DO NOT BUY FROM ETSY.COM

hannahc39
1/15/17

Do not trust Full Moon Jewellery on Etsy. I received a ring as a gift for my birthday that was an initial ring. After several months, the engraving started wearing away, so I contacted her to get it fixed. She agreed, but about a month went by and I hadn't heard anything from her. She had actually had a baby, and so I was completely patient and understanding. Several more weeks went by, and she said she was going to get back to filling orders and mine would be sent back in 2 weeks. Here we are three months later, and I have yet to receive it. I would be patient, but she posts how she filled a couple hundred Christmas orders in a few days time. Therefore, she's ignoring mine and filling others. She had not replied to me on etsy since November. I had sent about 6 messages notifying her about an address change and then asking for updates. I never once cussed or threatened her or anything. I contacted etsy and basically they were useless and can't do anything for me. I found on her etsy page her facebook and instagram, so I commented on a couple pictures of each hoping she'd see my comments there. She deleted all comments and blocked me. Before blocking me she replied that I didn't care to pay to ship the item out properly and asked me to stop "harassing" her (as mentioned no cussing or threatening, just asking about my item).. well she never told me there was a specific way to send it out. She notified me when she received it and everything seemed fine. At this point, I'm over it and fed up with her and etsy for the lack of customer service and rudeness I've experienced. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SELLER. Terrible quality and even worse customer service. I'll probably never get my ring back.

dianem106
1/15/17

I never received items and tracking showed "Origin Post is Preparing Shipment" almost a month ago, but never actually shipped. Seller refused to refund and Etsy closed my dispute for non-delivery saying "Etsy is unable to hold sellers responsible for items lost or delayed in the mail" and "We recommend that you contact the shipping service for assistance with locating the package." My items were mailed from Shenzhen EMS China - how could I possibly contact them? This is the second time I've had non-delivery of items ordered from Etsy (and I've only ordered a few times) - both were argumentative sellers and Etsy's dispute resolution process is worthless. I'll never order from them again.

555 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

68 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Etsy staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question