US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

antis4
1/23/17

Etsy is not a real e-commerce but a scam website run by six people (two of which drug addicts) and millions of scammers!

Etsy does not have a Customer Service nor a Buyer Protection. All phone calls are automated and when you will get scammed (yes, you certainly will) you won't have where to turn for help!

Even if you manage to contact Etsy, you will receive an automated response via email after 7-14 days and it will tell you to report the case to the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

As anything else, images and feedback are also fake. Etsy scammers purchase positive feedback from illegal Russian "agencies" for $4.50 per item, whereas images are all taken from web.

If you have money and consciously want to feed them to scammers, then go ahead and try Etsy. If your money is hard earned, AVOID ETSY AT ALL COSTS FOR IT IS A SCAM!!!

Tip for consumers: DO NOT BUY FROM ETSY.COM

hannahc39
1/15/17

Do not trust Full Moon Jewellery on Etsy. I received a ring as a gift for my birthday that was an initial ring. After several months, the engraving started wearing away, so I contacted her to get it fixed. She agreed, but about a month went by and I hadn't heard anything from her. She had actually had a baby, and so I was completely patient and understanding. Several more weeks went by, and she said she was going to get back to filling orders and mine would be sent back in 2 weeks. Here we are three months later, and I have yet to receive it. I would be patient, but she posts how she filled a couple hundred Christmas orders in a few days time. Therefore, she's ignoring mine and filling others. She had not replied to me on etsy since November. I had sent about 6 messages notifying her about an address change and then asking for updates. I never once cussed or threatened her or anything. I contacted etsy and basically they were useless and can't do anything for me. I found on her etsy page her facebook and instagram, so I commented on a couple pictures of each hoping she'd see my comments there. She deleted all comments and blocked me. Before blocking me she replied that I didn't care to pay to ship the item out properly and asked me to stop "harassing" her (as mentioned no cussing or threatening, just asking about my item).. well she never told me there was a specific way to send it out. She notified me when she received it and everything seemed fine. At this point, I'm over it and fed up with her and etsy for the lack of customer service and rudeness I've experienced. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SELLER. Terrible quality and even worse customer service. I'll probably never get my ring back.

dianem106
1/15/17

I never received items and tracking showed "Origin Post is Preparing Shipment" almost a month ago, but never actually shipped. Seller refused to refund and Etsy closed my dispute for non-delivery saying "Etsy is unable to hold sellers responsible for items lost or delayed in the mail" and "We recommend that you contact the shipping service for assistance with locating the package." My items were mailed from Shenzhen EMS China - how could I possibly contact them? This is the second time I've had non-delivery of items ordered from Etsy (and I've only ordered a few times) - both were argumentative sellers and Etsy's dispute resolution process is worthless. I'll never order from them again.

shannonb69
1/12/17

Etsy would not help me with a terrible seller, GroversGrove, on their website. I got screwed out of $2000.00 for a busted product. Don't buy expensive items through Etsy and especially not from one of their sellers, GroversGrove!!!

formere1
1/5/17

This company will shut down very soon. They are rude, weird and everything about them is very shady. After having a successful 2 plus years in business and 5 stars from customers on their platform I was like other many sellers shut down abruptly. Additionally, I received an robotic email from their " Intergrity" department that my items which are 100% handmade does not qualify to sell on etsy. They made almost a 100K from me in fees over 2 years , and all I received was a stinking email that my 2nd grade child can write better.

Your company is doing bad business and I will post this review all over the place and wherever I can. The fact that they doing this to legitimate businesses and letting all kind of scammers to sell clearly machine made imported items is disgusting and disgraceful. You will be very soon in court facing a class action suit. Good luck to you and I guess that was the best that happened to me since that pushed me to start my own website and pay less fees in adversting.

ritav8
1/3/17

DON'T BUY ETSY FAKE Handmade products. I know people on some forums brag how they import and claim handmade and are approved by etsy. I opened my store and im an artist, i have trade marks registered on some of my designs. I had my handmade store for a month or two and had growing sales, then they have suspended my account and told me to prove i am the creator, i sent them all info and my designs from sketches to final result and got approved again. Then i decided to use a local printer to print my designs on mugs and followed all their rules and filled out outside manufacturer application as required for using a printing company. They disapproved me and deleted my store claiming they have reason to believe i'm not making my art myself (like stripping me of my skills), when i appealed with all the evidence, they told me not to email them again!!! it was so rude, the etsy worker name was James, i hope he's happy for bullying people like that, all i can say is carma will get him and them, i am officially on a quest to have more people find out about their not accountable for anything reps and the company itself, i tried to contact them again but they would keep ignoring me... They have no respect to people who make them money, they should receive the reputation they deserve :( I'm just going to start selling on Handmade at Amazon, since they deleted my store, including all the products i was making myself without the outside printer. Screw them.

nopen5
12/31/16

no ETSY STINKS! they allow fake's. they allow theft. and when they are called on it. they try to threaten you to keep quiet... WRONG PERSON.... STINKPOTS.. IM SOUNDING OFF ON YOU ALL OVER THE PLACE THEY ALLOW.. FAKES!!!!!! GET YOUR JEWELRY CHECKED OUT.

This message is a private conversation between you and Etsy. Please respect this confidentiality and refrain from distributing this communication without permission from Etsy. If you feel this message was sent to you in error, please delete it and let us know. Thank you.

This is what Etsy sent after my receiving a fake ring from Cestsla on Etsy.. I had to keep at her and them to get any response on the faking off a sterling ring and fake stones for a 14k with diamonds.... I literally had to file a lawsuit... which resulted in her sending another ring.. hasn't been checked out yet.. that's how recent this is

pablot12
12/31/16

Fake Products, Dishonest Sellers, No Protection or Accountability from Etsy.
Going back to eBay and Amazon.com

elainee6
12/28/16

I placed an order with Esty but never received it. They not only charged my Visa but they also planned to automatically bill my Visa every month. I tried calling the company, left a message and got no response. I also e-mailed them also no response. This company is a scam, they are ripping off customers, put out of business and thrown in jail. This company is so bad that they shouldn't get even 1 star

Tip for consumers: Do not use this company, it's a scam. They don't even deserve one star. Consumer Affairs has a lot of complaints about them. I wish I knew this before I placed my order.

sharonc113
12/25/16

Ordered an address plague that turned out absolutely gorgeous! Beautiful work, great communication and timely arrival.
Thank you Ed!

helenm123
12/21/16

It seems many have had negative experiences shopping on Etsy especially when buying large, high value, expensive items that are custom made. In particular, custom orders are difficult to negotiate fair prices and returns for when the quality or finished piece is unsatisfactory. This has been my experience, and I have shopped for spiritual or religious items on Etsy that claimed results far beyond what they were realistically capable of delivering. Often, when a product did not deliver on the typical results described, getting a refund from the seller or from Etsy turned out to be a complete joke. If you want to find handmade, custom products that are one-of-a-kind, I recommend shopping at your local farmers' market or visiting a craft fair in your area.

Tip for consumers: Avoid this site. Visit a craft fair, local artisans' guild, or a farmers' market.

dt69
12/13/16

This person has an awful attitude towards her customers. She often slats them behind their backs. She thinks she far more superior to others. I certainly won't buy from here again.

elizabethc170
12/9/16

This company will suspend your account with no warning, after 2 years trying to establish my business just before the holidays . Their policies are not quite clear, while many sellers are reselling products from Ali Express , Ebay and other companies and have been selling with them for years and nothing is done . If you do the same they suspend your account after investing money in their business...There is 2 sets of policies honestly not sure what they are ! Be careful when selling on ETSY do not think that you have the same rights ...

cathyi5
12/4/16

Fore The Love of Wood LLC. Is a scam business selling on Etsy. We paid over $2000 for a custom table that never existed. We ordered the table through the site and had no idea of the hell we were about to enter. On the day we were supposed to see that the table had shipped I contacted the seller. They apologized and said the truck had broke down and that they would ship as soon as the delivery company could send a new truck. 2 months went by, email communications back and forth with more promises. I finally got fed up and questioned the shops legitimacy. That's when I received a scathing email in return. Nasty comments that were way beyond a typical reaction. Since that time communication has ceased. So, we filed a non-delivery case with Etsy (a complete joke). We have now watched a total of 3 months pass on the calendar. No feedback, no intervention, no refund. We can't go to the bank given this is one of Etsy's rules...if we file a complaint with the bank, your case automatically closes. So, we wait.
I would highly recommend a few steps if you buy on Etsy. 1. Always pay with a credit card. 2. Don't use Etsy for large, high dollar items.

michaelm502
12/2/16

I ordered an Armenian bracelet on Oct 22-2016. To give as a traditional gift. Due to a death of my Friends mother. I waited thought did not go thru so order again on Nov 4th. Come to find out. The first one was paid for. So 2 orders have not gotten here to Nm from California. 1200 miles away. I feel horrible. My friend was awaiting gift. Now gifts who does not feel horrible they promised there best friend a gift and it never arrives.
This is a scam. I was emailed stating holidays and mail are to blame. But they have no idea where cuff bracelets are. I paid them for shipping WTH?. I say stick with Amazon. This site allows fraud. Today is Dec 2nd 2016. Shouldn't my order be here. They got my money! Beware this site is fraudulent

emmag19
11/30/16

I really like Etsy. There are loads of lovely, artsy items to browse. I've used them multiple times for unique gifts or lovely jewellery/accessories. Contacting the owners of the individual businesses is very easy as well, and I've found all of my correspondences to be very pleasant.

I certainly recommend Etsy for anyone looking for something a bit different (and to support individual artists too).

dim358
11/29/16

Consider Yourself Warned!!! I don't recommend ordering items through My Sister and Me Shop or any other shop on Etsy. This is my experience with My Sister and Me Shop and Etsy. Please note the shop has no policies listed on its site. My children's coach ordered water bottles for their team in which each parent paid $15 for their player's water bottle. One of my child's water bottle was shipped with a missing decal. I contacted the Etsy shop, My Sister and Me Shop to send a replacement water bottle and they refused because of it being personalized. They wanted me to either apply the missing decal myself or go to the post office and package the bottle up and ship it to them. They did offer to pay the postage. However, since it was a quality control error on their part I felt that they should've replaced the bottle without any effort on my part. By the time I would've shipped the bottle back and received it back the volleyball season would've been over. Also, I don't see how shipping the bottle back and forth could be cost effect for the shop. I decided to not send the bottle back and just chalk my first and last Etsy experience as a poor one. I contacted Etsy for help and they refused to help because I personally didn't place the order through my account. I would've had to get the coach involved if I wanted to pursue it. Etsy only considers those that personally place the order a customer. So forgot about placing orders for teams or gifts unless you want to be involved if an issue arises. Then too, I am not at all confident that Etsy will provide any amount of quality customer service. I would recommend taking your business elsewhere where customers are appreciated regardless of who placed the order.

rogere23
11/24/16

Ordered 4 Royal Albert cereal bowls Saturday arrived Wednesday. Well packaged, nothing fancy just well protected. Delighted with purchase and speed of transaction. Well done indeed.

victors55
11/22/16

If you buy from them do not expect any kind of gift box packaging.. They will tell you "did it state gift box'. Who sells earrings and puts them in a piece of bubble wrap. Never did I buy even a cheap pair of earrings and not come in some kind of packaging like a small box other than a piece of bubble wrap. Cheap Cheap Cheap !!!!!!

Tip for consumers: Beware

kristinem13
11/14/16

If I could give a zero I would. Etsy froze my store.. no explaination... I can't get a hold of them... they won't email me back and won't phone when asked. So I will never recommend them like I have in the past. I'm going to Art Fire and Bonanza and of course Ebay. Etsy can jump off a cliff... so sad it has lost it's soul... crafters don't need Etsy as much any more. They'll figure it out when it's too late.

henrys63
11/8/16

A fantastic site full of lots of talented people.
Same deal as ebay, check all seller reviews & contact sellers if needed.
Iv got many things from old computer games to homemade furniture.
Etsy also looks after its sellers so prices are generally lower than ebay.

joannes58
11/7/16

On October 6, 2016, I placed an order #1133018046 for black flip flops. Sara Bokan immediately emailed asking when I needed the order. I gave her the date. On October 25, 2016, I receive an email from Sara telling me the black flip flops were out of stock and would I accept white. I accepted the white because the wedding date was so close. When the flip flops arrived, they were stuffed into a carton. Half of the size labels had fallen off and I expected a much nicer presentation because of the pictures shown on the selling site. I am very disappointed.

jenniferb246
10/21/16

I don't like to air my frustrations on Facebook, but I want everyone to know the wrong I feel Etsy and Barbie Bowtique have done to me.
In September I purchased a shirt from Barbie Bowtique knowing the shirt may not fit well, but the shop's return polices stated they accepted returns and exchanges if I contacted the seller within 3 days of delivery. I got the shirt and didn't like the fit and felt it was too large, so within 3 days of delivery, I contacted the seller and requested a return. The seller, Barbie Bowtique, and I continue to go back and forth because she will not accept my return, even though I offer to pay for return shipping. I have reached out to Etsy but they won't do anything because they are "purely a platform for sellers" and my transaction was "not with Etsy, but with Barbie Bowtique". The shop will not honor their policies and (with Etsy's permission) has taken away my rights as a buyer.
I plan to never use Etsy again because they allow Sellers to do whatever they want. Etsy allows the sellers on their site to take advantage of buyers.
P.S. Barbie Bowtique has since changed their polices to not accept returns, but I have a screenshot as proof of my statement before they did so.

zanaz1
10/21/16

I started selling some items there about a week ago.

A week in, my account was suddenly suspended with no explanation, no communication, nothing. There was a message at the top of my account telling me to check my email or email support for help. I got no email from them, so I contacted support twice to ask what was going on.

I got an email after that telling me to review my inactive items (all my items are inactive, not some of them) and that "Should you be granted an opportunity to reactivate your account, it will constitute your final chance to comply with Etsy's policy on counterfeit items. Any further violations will result in the termination of your account privileges."

Basically threatening me yet not telling me what I apparently did wrong. Oh, but I didn't do anything wrong - I don't have anything listed that doesn't already exist on Etsy by hundreds of other people. So why are they targeting me and not anyone else? I have no idea. I don't know why they did it. I have received no explanation so far about why they did this. Yet, they have taken my money for listing items and yet I didn't receive the service I paid for. That is UNETHICAL and dodgy service. They threaten me with their emails as if I have done something so wrong, yet I see the same products listed on their site. How does that work? One rule for established users and one rule for completely new users? It's ridiculous.

richardm212
10/19/16

Signed up and account was suspended almost immediately without any reason. Not even an email. Contacted customer service, been 3 days, no response. Too bad for Ronnie, really liked that citrine pendant.

555 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

67 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Etsy staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question