US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

joshuas80
12/9/16

I cancelled an order immediately after it was placed and was sent numerous emails assuring me that my order was indeed cancelled. I was told that I wouldn't be charged and that the matter needed no more input on my behalf. 2 days later my checking account was charged and for a week I was given the run around by both eBay and paypal. Today I spoke with a supervisor at eBay and was assured that things were taken care of. I have been told that it will be another 5 days to receive the refund for a charge that should have been stopped before it was even posted. I honestly feel as though I am being deceived and told what I want to hear only to get me off the phone. A company that has been in business for as long as eBay has should operate with a little more concerned for their customers. EBay is only in business for the sales and cares nothing for the buyers. I was never offered an explanation for what happened or offered any compensation for fees that occurred through my bank.

jimmiec15
12/9/16

Ebay could not care less about buyers. They love the thieving sellers too much to care if you get ripped off or not. Someone needs to stop the monopoly and make a similar site to buy items.

susany23
12/9/16

Stainless steel everything I ordered from them stainless steel I never paid over $5 for anything stainless steel don't tarnish I buy a lot of stuff for them even my cat food they're excellent eBay Andy Bates just like Walmart their excellent too why do I smell s***

charlies61
12/9/16

Dont get anything from there if you are not sure in the seller/the thing you are buying. In any other way - a good platform, I like it.

keanal
12/7/16

Bought a listed A1185 2009 MacBook refurbished guaranteed to work. The product was estimated to arrive on Nov 30th. Didn't receive it till Dec 3rd and it was broken and it was an A1181/2007. Contacted the seller and no contact for days, so I initiated the return through eBay and received no shipping label till December 6th. It was a present for my daughters Christmas and it will be too late to get another one. My feedback which reflected the wrong item and late shipment was removed by eBay. Warning do not buy from haceliquidations(109

I finally sent the seller a message, after sending message after message that read

New message to: haceliquidations I included a picture of the email I received showing just a packing slip. You are a terrible seller because you take too long to respond!

This is what they wrote back

haceliquidations

You know what Elizabeth, I actually spent the last hour working out a away to get your daughter the xmas gift you wanted for her because I have a daughter as well and I would want to disappoint her. That being said, the problem is that as a buyer, you are impatient and very rude. You left a negative feedback that is completely false, you keep insulting and using abusive language. At this point I feel like as the owner of this company, I can no longer subject my employees to you or your offensive messages. I will be escalating this case with eBay. On a personal note, I hope your daughter has someone that could be a positive role model in her life.

stephenm128
12/6/16

eBay & Amazon Promote Importation of Illegal Goods to the U.S.

Both eBay and Amazon are guilty of providing a selling platform for goods brought into the U.S. Illegally. Every day American Sellers put up several hundreds Medical Devices for sale, and sell them them to the U.S. Public on eBay and Amazon. These devises are not approved by the FDA and therefore banned from sale in the U.S. The U.S. Customs , stops many of these shipments and returns them to the Chinese Manufacturers, and the carriers, DHL, FedEx and UPS return them at no charge. What is there to louse, so the Chinese just keep sending them and a vast amount of them snick through Customs and those that don't are returned and just reshipped to us again.

A seller on eBay and Amazon of these goods is required by the FDA regulations to obtain from the buyer and affidavit stating that the buyer is of a professional background to use these devises. Not one seller on eBay or Amazon present this information to the public or require that the buyer submit to the seller their proof of fitness for using the device. Both eBay and Amazon know the law, they just choose to ignore it. eBay and Amazon hide behind a false narrative that if the medical device does not require a prescription, it may be sold on their sites. This is only true in part.

The manufacturer of the devise must seek an exemption from the FDA and receive in writing that the FDA will allow the sale in the U.S. without FDA Approval. The FDA issues that seller a registration number which they can then use to clear customs. It can cost upwards of $5000. in FDA fees and legal fees to obtain a registration number from the FDA for this purpose.

Both the FDA and the Custom Service freely admit in their blogs that the practice is so wide spread it is impossible for them to police, so these devises will continue to be brought into our Country illegally and sold illegally.

How to solve the problem, TRUMP them. Impose a 35% duty on medical devises that are shipped to this Country and do not have the proper paper work from the FDA. Arriving goods can then be confiscated by the Custom Agency, not sent back and later sold at Custom Auction for seized goods. The FDA can inspect sized goods, clear them for sale in the U.S. We get the duty or we get the proceeds from the sale of these goods, win/win and we stop the importation of illegal goods to our Country.

The vast majority of these goods are sold by Chinese Sellers on eBay and Amazon. Every time they sold one they would have to pay a 35% duty, which they would have to charge the American buyer. What is the result of this, the American buyer then buys from an American seller, who sells them an Approved FDA product.

michaelm503
12/4/16

I recently purchased something from eBay and after the scheduled month long delivery, I waited a few more days, finally tried to contact them to see what was going on... I went thru several navigation issues with the password and kept getting booted out of the site. I trusted in a big name like eBay only to be disappointed in their service, so it's highly unlikely that I would take a chance with eBay again,...and I would never recommend them to anyone!

justins114
12/3/16

Bought a used turntable listed as good condition. The seller wanted pickup only and cash. I paid via Paypal.
Got the t.t. home. tonearm falls at 7" point on records, speed off, pitch selector defective, on turn off tonearm goes to record, shellhead missing attachement screw
Filed with ebay for refund. They automatically beleive the seller & say it wasn't defective. Tried taking off platter to check system but it won't come off. Seller must have screwed up t.t.-was missing hold down screws
Beware of ebay refund policy.

barryw33
12/2/16

The worst experience I've ever had orderd 2 items only 1 arrived other was stolen package was sent to mail centre I had to pay a further 25 Euro to be delivered i rang eBay they told me I was conned. they transferred me to PayPal and pay pal said they would email me in 3 day but they didn't. Never again

justina57
12/2/16

I sold a nylon motorcycle tank bag and shipped it Fedex through Ebay. It cost $10 to ship, as the item weighed 3 pounds in the box. I got my bill from Ebay a month later and was charged $95, it said the item weighed 71 pounds. I disputed through Ebay, who said they would resolve it with Fedex. After no response I disputed it through Fedex, who said they would resolve it from Ebay. I never received follow up from either company. I disputed this several times with both companies and got the run around each time. Several months later Ebay said it was Fedex's fault and still refused to refund the money they (Ebay) took out of my account. And conveniently Ebay can't even see the shipping quote now because it has expired from my account page. I was able to get my credit card company to reverse the charge and now Ebay is going to send it to collections. After selling on Ebay for 13 years I have made this company thousands of dollars, but they still refuse to make this right. I AM DONE WITH EBAY.

vickiw29
12/1/16

I've been selling stuff on ebay since 1999. Costs have escalated so I think they are trying to squeeze out the small sellers in favor of mass merchandisers. They pursue the customer is always right adage to asinine lengths. It used to be that if something got damaged in the mail, unless the buyer purchased insurance they were out of luck. Now I've been told that if something is damaged by the post office it is the seller's fault because the post office is acting on behalf of the seller- "they are your right hand." If you fight the issue ebay has no qualms about reaching into your paypal account and taking your money for a refund. That's probably why they only allow paypal as a method of payment. Plus they get the opportunity to screw the seller three times-listing, sale, and payment, since they own paypal. After I bend over and submit to the gang bang from the buyer and ebay I will be taking my business elsewhere.

sharont67
12/1/16

I ordered a pair of new, brand name pajamas for a 5 year old who's name I picked off a charity xmas tree. Total order with shipping was about 20.00. When I opened the bag, there was a horrible cigarette stench from the bag and pajamas. When I called ebay, and explained I had purchased these as a xmas gift for a needy child and these were unacceptable and I wanted to return them, the customer service rep. told me I NEED TO WASH THE PAJAMAS ! What? Who removes tags and launders clothing to get out a cigarette stench out of what they purchased to give as a xmas gift??? I told her "no way!"! . I had to file a claim and now I have to wait on the seller to contact me to make arrangements to return the item for a refund, and in the meantime run to the mall which is what I will do as a first course of action in the future.

maksimk1
11/30/16

My experience with ebay has been horrible I purchased ear beats from this gay j.a.contentconcepts@gmail.com sent it to the wrong address after my contact did not answer my email. This guy is real $#*!! Complainted to ebay and got my feedback removed. If you look at this sellers account he has up to 100 back feedbacks each month this guy is crock dirthy few and ebay is protacting this basterd. Ebay is great place to buy but you have to deal sometimes with $#*!s like this guy and ebay want help you they protact $#*!s like that.

cordialt
11/24/16

We Know that Ebay is not Quite fair towards Sellers Anymore. I been participating / watching ebay for over a decade and a half. At first just watched the phenomena of being able to sell anything from home. so i tried my luck at it with some Katchina dolls i scored when this spoiled rich lady was moving towns. My luck scored my Ebay starter Kit . Then as I Progressed i realized it's not easy and it's quite competitive. of course i was not aware of drop shipping and all the various routines people can run on ebay to make $, but keep their hands clean of work. SO Unaware of those option (not like i'd pursue them) i set out to sell anything i found in estate & yard sales Etc. of Course as everything evolves so was the marketplace and Ebay's constantly changing policies. That's one of my biggest pet peeves against ebay how they constantly keep "improving" the platform... and now it has evolved to the point where sellers cannot leave a negative feedback for any buyer rather they can report a buyer, the vice versa is not so true. If one being a seller gets a negative feedback depending on the buyers "mood" having nothing to do with service or quality of the item. but then again that's 1 out of several hundred transactions. IF you do Decide to Become A seller This is What i'd Advise : start casually. ebay gives you 50 free auctions a month. thats quite plenty. make yourself a neat template in Open Office of Word . learn to do live listings so you are comfortable with the platform. no matter how much i hurry to do a good listing takes at least 20 minutes ** researching the item *** taking optimal photos showcasing strengths and weaknesses *** measure weight and dimension ** write a few specific words about the item *** thats all is necessary to do a great listing. make sure you opt into global shipping. For Domestic Shipping since Ebay is very competitive I list With free shipping meaning price included. so consider all that when researching price. In the listing it shows i Provide free Priority shipping, but when it comes to actual shipping if it goes to a major urban center and it is under 13oz it will go out as first class to save a bit of $... if it's rural or it's over 13 oz then it has to go in a bubble padded priority envelope (x2.3,4) i have shipped christmas brandy glasses wrapped 4 times in bubble wrap and they made it 2000k intact!!! so yes. the most important part of the sale. make sure you pack secure!! extra extras secure and keep the weights within range to keep shipping cost low. super important in e commerce. also if you can pass that on to your customer you have the edge over people that charge an extra 5-8$ in shipping for same item. So. as much as we do not like Ebay. they are still very relevant. i ship items across the world with the global shipping program so the headache of international shipping is not on me. Ebay is still top dog for items and traffic of all auction sites even though 2/3 op the inventory is fixed priced items.. hope this is helpful to someone out there.

frustratedc4
11/24/16

eBay is good with the exception being the emails they send about items they have chosen 'especially for me'.
The items they "choose" have NOTHING to do with Anything I have ever searched for!
I have been unable to find out if I choose to discontinue those emails if it will stop emails regarding the items I DO want and have on my Watch or Bid lists...

rc105
11/22/16

Three times in the last six months I found items sold on eBay being reported as completed sold, with false selling prices. I reported this each time to eBay customer service, and each time they verified that indeed the showing sale price was not accurate, I pointed out that buyers and sellers look to sold prices, to make or set a offer or selling price, they saw my point and said they would report this, create a case, and respond to me by email. None of this was done on all three occasions. I have suffered as a seller and buyer by eBay's corrupt manipulation of sold prices. Ebay has their hands on your items, funds, and success as a customer, and they abuse this control, it's a fiduciary relationship and they fail to maintain minimal standards.

Tip for consumers: Watch out

nabilb17
11/17/16

Do Not Allow Chinese Internet Seller Scam you

I buy most of the smaller items through the internet. I mostly buy through eBay, Amazon and Wal-Mart. Most of the problems I experience are with Chinese sellers on e-bay. I return, have the item replaced or got refunds about 15% of the time.

The most recent issue I had with a a Chinese seller shows how the Chinese seller use Americans buyers kindness to scam American buyers happened few days ago with me.

I fly often, most of the airlines offer entertainment through phones, laptops or tablets. I decided to buy and use a 14 inch tablet. With the tablet I bought a purchased light weight keyboard. I prefer to use keyboard instead of the on screen keyboard.

I searched the internet, learned enough about these kind of keyboards, then went to my favorite website eBay. There I found many Chinese sellers offering the same keyboard for prices that varied by 20% up and down. Most of them offered free shipping.

The seller I selected listed The keyboard as Mini Bluetooth 3.0 Wireless Keyboard Touch-pad 81Keys for PC Android Windows. The cost was $15.22 plus $.99 shipping.

I read through most of the seller website and select this seller because offered six month warranty. The eBay seller is newmango. Their website for the item is http://www.eBay.com/itm/141971087917?ul_noapp=true

On the seller website, clearly state's that the warrant in Bold Red as follow:
Warranty and Guarantee 6 month Manufacturers Warranty for defective items (excluding items damaged and/or misused after receipt). Accessories come with a 3-monthwarranty

I purchased t the keyboard on September 16, 2016, got it a week later. I used it twice while traveling, it worked fine. Third time, on a long flight from London, it stopped working. Once in my office, I replaced the cable that connects the keyboard to the PC for charging and communication, the keyboard was still bad.

I wrote the seller through eBay messaging the following:
- Hello, I purchased the keyboard late September. I used it three times on the plane. Last week traveling from London to ls Angeles the keyboard stopped working. Once in my office, l replaced the cable but it did not fix it. I connected it my tablet to my office keyboard. I was able to use my tablet. The keyboard is dead. Please advice of I have it fixed or replaced.

Two days later I got this response form the Chinese seller newmango:
- Dear buyer Thanks for your contact. Sorry for any inconvenience caused. for this case, can we issue refund 2USD for you as compensation to fix the issue? looking forwards for your reply I believe you are a good buyer, will contact me back, then solve the issue smoothly. best regards

So the seller with broken English politely tried to shaft me. Instead of offering refund or honor their warranty, they offered me $2 to go away. Very smart and very sleek!

I responded to them as follow:
- If you guys want to do business with Americans; you have to honor the warranty. This keyboard has 6 month warranty, so either replace it or refund my money. otherwise i will give you bad review on the internet

They responded with:
- ok, we will resend you a new one today

These Chinese sellers believe that Americans are fools. Just like their government taking advantage of our stupid politicians to receive favorite trade agreements and sell us their products but we cannot sell them our products.

You need to push back and be less kind to these people because that is the only language they understand. DO NOT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER.

of course i will rate this seller, on eBay as negative and tell what happened so other buyer from this seller be aware.

ianc70
11/16/16

Buyer also sent me very convincing eBay notifications, Plus PayPal notifications cofirming purchase and payment.How can eBay allow a fake ebayer to bid , buy and have messages and notifications, sent to me , through their online selling site . Only to send me email , to say buyer was a fraud and that the listing has been taken down . This email came less than 2 hours" after " I posted IPhone to buyer . Now I have lost a total of £430 and can not do a thing . Got police crime ref number and explored every avenue . All is lost . Thanks eBay for your secure and protected sit

lorrained14
11/15/16

I have been a member of ebay a few years but never before bought anything as expensive as a computer. After trying the computer for a bit it was hard to use, but of course the seller wanted nothing to do with a refund and told me good luck getting your money back! Ebay took over and got me a full refund with nothing that I had to do so of course I am very impressed.

nickd71
11/15/16

Had a few purchases via this site. Everything went well however my friend had some problems with a shady seller. I guess thats one of the major problems - review the seller b4 you are about to make a purchase.

shahidj1
11/11/16

I have buy 1 nokia refurbish mobile which is too old and fully repaired or you can say only name of nokia and all part is duplicate,chaines, I raise an claim in ebay paisa pay gaurantee
E bay said you have to wait seller will contact you, the contacted through email just for formality and not proper response after some days ebay customer call and said your time limit is exceed we have to close your complain # 44003511185 and you should to contact seller and I will provide you Seller contact# that solve
after some time we get email,sms that your Guarantee claim closed, There is no contact number no re create complaint option
If you know more about ebay refurbish mobile to feel free contact me +91 9935849368, +91 9119801311

Tip for consumers: So I Suggest you people don"t buy any things Refurbish from https://www.ebay.com otherwise you will get a old things and no one (Ebay) will you support you

gauravs23
11/10/16

I recently purchased a product from eBay and got it in broken condition. Reported it on eBay site but unfortunately eBay is not so user friendly so the complaint went to seller directly. Since the communication between seller and me was happening through eBay I assumed eBay is aware of this complaint. When I called customer care they refused to accept my complaint and said that I was directly communicating with seller rather than contacting eBay. Now seller is ready to process refund but eBay is not taking any action.
Pathetic website and useless customer care.

codyh23
11/10/16

They're customer service is a joke!! Not helpful at all, rude, and reads off a script. Locked my account because I had something posted in "the wrong category". When I called they offered no help. Would it not be better to tell a user what they are doing wrong so they can fix it instead of penalizing them and not not offering to help or show one ounce or human compassion? Beware of "Mike", the "supervisor". So rude, he actually swore at me!!!

johnw566
11/10/16

Yes, you can easily find anything you need on Ebay. Ive had some troubles with individual sellers, but my overall

experience is positive. Theres no better site for finding second-hand clothes and gadgets in perfect condition. I

often order cosmetics and hair products that are not available in my country. It just makes my life easier.

fs28
11/10/16

To all who read this review. I experience terrible customer support from Ebay. After purchasing many items and a loyal purchaser for many years my Ebay account was either hacked or a system error introduce two unknown addresses to my account. I was inactive for over a year and recently purchased three different items. I noticed that my items did not arrived and contacted customer service multiple times. When problem was found and corrected ( address correction ) customer support did not help me receive my item or even provided me with a refund. Be prepare for a surprise! Ebay customer support will not help you , after my many calls and following the guidelines through their resolution center. Ebay is not the same it was years ago. Good luck to all the current customers and goodbye Ebay. HELLO AMAZON.........

1,045 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

39 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the eBay staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question