Review of eBay

Tel: +1.4083767400
hostmaster@ebay.com

kaylap29
8/23/17

Service is disgusting and you can't phone someone from eBay to resolve an issue. They've basically shown me the finger and told me to look elsewhere for my refund for an item that never arrived!

alkeshk
8/22/17

I have gifted 1 iPhone 5s to my friend from eBay, but after a month getting iPhone, it felt down from my hand and the glass of the phone was broken but when I went to service center, they told me that it has already opened the phone, some of its devices are the duplicate. very third class services and duplicate products. I would suggest to everyone do not purchase any product from eBay.

madhug1
8/19/17

you guys are so dishonest .Send customer back & forth.I am on computer for 2hours with no response from you or your seller
I bought 2pair of solar eclipse glasses for 30$ for local pick up in fullerton ca.Ebay does not let you contact with seller.I told them I can pay money right now & will go saturday there to pick up Ebay wrote me there is no problem & took the promise & responsibility to get in 30$. Sat is fine.Today seller & ebay is giving me run around since morning.Seller says you contact ebay & pay them first ,they are very strict.I call ebay they say you contact directly & pay him.Ebay but refused to give me any information so I can contact seller.Ebay says today he relisted for 50$ & you can buy in 50$.They or seller do not care for promisses & responsibility they gave me through email

Tip for consumers: Do not trust ebay or their seller,both do not keep their words

mishab6
8/18/17

Yes, don't trust Ebay. Last 2 thing what I bought from Ebay - MacBook Charger and Lenovo Laptop Charger - are fake products broken after 1 month of use. On Ebay both of them has been listed like "Genuine". Fake! And Ebay don't care about this!

ruil2
8/18/17

This is one my first option to buy used stuff on the internet. The only problem is the long time shipping

dannyf23
8/18/17

I sadly had to close my eBay sellers account after years of use when I found eBay didn't care at all that I had a string buyers who seemed to have played the automated system that favours buyers over sellers. One buyer requested a partial refund to the full amount of the item and received it without returning the item! It was a really good original Van Morrison mint LP too that they complained about a mark on the gatefold sleeve. This sold for only £7.99. Another buyer left two malicious negative feedbacks in regard of two antique crucifixes that weren't bid on and sold for 0.99p despite one being fully refunded due to the item not being as sturdy as they thought and the other one, a nice old metal rosary, they decided to keep! I had never been dishonest toward a seller and realised you have to suffer the indignity that these idiotic people inflict and appear as if you are the dishonest one. I realised the cheaper you sold things the more potential damage your feedback can receive. In contrast I had other experiences, close to being informed that my account had been 'permanently restricted' I sold a book for £680.00 and the buyer gave me an extra £20 for all my efforts of finding out how to send it to him in America.

aqibn
8/17/17

Don't. Trust Ebay. They're holding my money for good reason - Unbelievable. Looks like they're just doing whatever they want, I don't understand why people have still trust in PP. It looks like that's the way they do their business, they hold your money and make a % markup by lending my money to other people.

jamesg293
8/15/17

I have been an EBay buyer for a few years now with an account set up on EBay. I have only been a buyer, never sold anything. Recently i recieved a knockoff Gucci purse in the mail that said return to me for refund due to not satisfied with product. I thought that it was a wrong address so didn't think much of it until the next day I received another one. Went to my account and looked under my seller category (which I never do since I don't sell) and found out I'm selling Gucci purses. My account had been hacked! I immediately called EBay and they said they saw where I had been hacked and assured me they would take care of everything to get my account back in good order. I changed my login and password and pay pal also. Well 2 months later and many calls to EBay reps from all departments, my account is on hold and EBay is still trying to get me to pay money for being a seller. This has been a nightmare and EBay customer service is the worst I've ever dealt with. I was on the phone for 3 hrs one day and was transferred to 10 different reps from every conceivable dept. they have and no one could help me! I will no longer use Ebay.

tp50
8/13/17

Account was hacked after ordering an item off the site! Same state CA in which the purchase showed on my account ! My bank fraud department contacted me after the first purchase then closed the account down.

denisep69
8/13/17

This is not Ebays fault but I feel I need to share this. I followed a link to an item on ebay to check out a certain item and some website features wouldn't work. As, I thought I would leave some overdue feedback while I was there. Went back awhile later by typing Ebay into my browser. The website came up but my security said it was not a valid site and had an odd name on the certificate. So I closed and reopened my browser, typed in www.ebay.com and got to the real site. It looked almost identical to the scam website. Searched for that item and it was no where to be found. It was a scam add for a collectable that I know a lot about and I was going to report it. So be careful. Always type the full address in your browser. Don't rely on links nor the search list. I have never had a bad experience with Ebay, always positive. The sellers have always been top notch outside of a few slow shipment times.

johnk432
8/13/17

Me along with 10 other buyers got cheated by a seller and when I and the other buyers called EBay they took the side of the seller even when the seller refused to respond back to them. EBay is a joke and the EBay call center is so full $hit!!!!

bishalk1
8/11/17

It is like asking them their money to give it to me. It's my money and i think i deserve have the money back for sth that i never had it. I bought spy camera but package was damaged there was a big hole in the package. I didn't accept the product because there was a big hole in the package and there was nothing inside it. I contacted amazon immediately but they said i need proof. I gave them pictures but still they are not refunding the money. I used to a nice customer of ebay but i am using amazon just because ebay is a fraud. I will be happy to pay higher price in Amazon because it is at least guarantee that i will have the product for sth that i paid. And in eBay it is not guaranteed, even though you get a package with big hole and claim them to return your money they will not. I will like somebody to reach me.
E-mail : bishalkatwal11@gmail.com
ph: 337-412-9515 .. text me first otherwise i won't answer call. better email me.

brianc193
8/11/17

It says in usa but its in china you call and ebay says the have aware hous here so they can say they are here but they do not inspect the ware houses fake

kierat2
8/9/17

Ebay has competitive prices, and you can get all sorts of great deals. There's many listings for a lot of high quality products selling from reputable companies, not just old stuff sold by a random individual. If you're transaction goes wrong (like you never received item or you got a damaged one), then Ebay makes the refund/return process easy. Overall, it's a safe option to purchase all sorts of items!

rogers216
8/7/17

If you have a problem with a seller. Give eBay time to work on it they are very good about getting money back. I have not once had a problem. But my items are not $400 more like $50 $60. I just dealt with a company called concealed consignment they make holsters I sent the shipper a message I didn't like how tight it was on my firearm so I heated it up but too much heat melted the product. The seller said if I had a problem I should have contacted him in the first place. But I want to send you a replacement. I sent the seller a thank you message. He was so nice we clicked had a lot in common traded emails I talk to him all the time. I know they're all not like that but most of them are people just like me and you trying to make an extra dime. And bad reviews really hurt them so I'm surprised this person did not work with you. Or surprise eBay did not set in and collect your money. Or surprised PayPal did not step in. That's why I deal with eBay you are protected by two different companies PayPal and eBay split

rajendram3
8/5/17

Seller sent me the return Shipping Label. I printed, attached to the box and return the Item through USPS. Only thing is I did not save the shipping label or tracking number since I thought eBay will have all these information since it was sent through eBay Message. Seller filed the case telling not returned and eBay made Seller winner within a week after I filed the return item case. And the case got closed.

I was very busy on that week at work even couldn't open my personal email and case got closed on Saturday and got notice in email.

Later, I went to see the shipping label that sent from Seller through eBay Message, it's redirected to the Case closed. I couldn't see the tracking number or shipping label anymore. I got surprise, eBay should at least give me to see that information. But eBay didn't let me in.

I called two times, both of the time they said I need to provide tracking number. I was arguing saying that it is in the eBay and I couldn't print/see because Ebay redirects to the case closed. But they never listened. They were every time saying I didn't provide tracking number and I was saying it was already in eBay and eBay was not letting to me see or print. eBay customer server appeal dept also doesn't have authorize to see that according to them. Manager also will not have this authorize to see the Shipping label sent through seller. It also not a long time just a less than a week. I doubt it. I promise to the God, I promise to the Bible, I promise to the Geeta that I returned but they need the tracking number which is not letting me to print again from eBay.

I lost $419.95. Now on wards, I will not buy anything from ebay.com and also never recommend to anyone.

Tip for consumers: Since eBay has such a bad system of not saving a return shipping label/tracking number that sent from seller or not giving buyer access to print/see after case closed, buyer always need to beware that they need to save shipping label or tracking number that sent by Seller and also that need to be entered as soon as return the item. eBay is not that much intelligent that as soon as seller provides tracking number/shipping label, it use after return.

vaylat
8/3/17

If I didn't know any better I would say I was addicted to it. I really like the auction option on expensive things and the buy now if it's already a great price. I always look for 2 day shipping or fast shipping but always the free shipping.

johnl500
7/31/17

Beware sellers from selling on ebay the customer service does not help with solving your issues. Ebay makes the situation worse on their favor.

maryd281
7/31/17

I am usually bidding on this website and they fully satisfy my requirements. Nice good products usually used in a good mint condition and a very reasonable bid outcome.
I recommend this website to everyone.

caralynk
7/30/17

the company is low class and their customer service is ridiculous. dont buy from them! they dont keep their promise and i never get any place talking to anyone who picks up their phone. they have long waiting periods for returns and know one knows what is going on with any transactions placed from them. how are they in business . everyone i know that shops on ebay is sooo sorry.

ernestm38
7/30/17

I'm a long time eBay user, and fan of eBay! Loved them for years! Had my first real problem with them after 20 years last month. Called and asked for help. They basically told me to fly a kite! After 598 purchases I guess my account was hacked and I bought an item that was shipped to the hacked address. 598 purchases, all shipped to the same address but one, and ebay told me it must be right, no issue. I had called paypal before I contacted them! Paypal, said eBay had been having many issues, and my problem was one of them! I hate Amazon, but I can tell you their customer service is amazing! eBay customer service is a joke. I'd love to put an adjective in front of that, but you can use your imagination!

debbied77
7/30/17

E bay only cares about the buyers. I was selling used name brand clothing , costume jewelry & some makeup. I sold the mostly face & eye cream Samples & perfume Samples. Most of my customers were really good. E bay took down a Kylie Jenner lipstick from my page. I say ok then noticed about 100 other people selling the same lipstick. So why was I targeted??? Then they took about 7 Samples down of mine. No good explanation. When I called to ask why they really didn't have a reason just said it could be trademark ( which was not the problem with the Samples) . I told the girl I felt like I was being targeted. She said to put in a appeal. I said ok then the next morning my account was closed. I guess they did not like me saying I was targeted. As of today there are still tons of Kylie lipsticks & makeup being sold on e bay & tons of other makeup & face care Samples. E bay better wise up because more & more negative reviews are being written about them. I hope they eventually get shut down. They treat their sellers like crap.

karthickj
7/30/17

Ebay World most worst shopping site , my humble request please don't visit that. Please, etc.... They are selling duplicate products so please don't buy any product...

christopherv28
7/28/17

cheap you can find very cheap deals there and good quality . better than amazon.com . however just buy from top rated sellers

delaneyw
7/28/17

eBay is only worried about the buyer and not the seller! As a seller, I have had many issues with buyers, not paying, asking for a refund and then never sending the item back, etc. Even though buyers can mess up as well, as a seller, you are not able to give a negative review to the buyer like they are to you as a seller. It is not okay. I have been treated like trash by ebay and their customer service over and over again. Not sure why i continue to sell on there but I am done this time.

Here are a list of negative experiences I have had on ebay just off the top of my head:
- unfair case results (many times)
- not being able to cancel or void a shipping label
- a buyer asking for a refund and a full return and i gave them their money back and they never returned the item. you know what ebay did about this? NOTHING! i contacted customer service many times and they didnt even take the time to respond to my messages.

Those are just a few of the times ebay has shown how awful their company is.

Coming from someone who has sold for many years on ebay, go somewhere else. do your research and sell your items on a different website! i hate ebay and i am taking my business elsewhere

1,046 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

I would never buy a used car without seeing it in person and having it checked out.

By James W. on 2/13/16
Helpful answer

Ebay is a den of thieves. Even Ebay is evasive on complaints to answers. When looking for items, be sure to be fully informed to what you are shopping and use all that knowledge to cypher the listing, even then have found those that list items to be evasive on answers. Avoid ebay if possible!

By BroC H. on 10/10/15
Helpful answer

For their own purposes and to protect dishonest sellers. I was once an avid EBay shopper, but now avoid EBay. Buyer protection no longer exists. You buy at your own risk.

By Christine P. on 11/19/15
Helpful answer

Ebay sells nothing. You are dealing with private sellers. Some are good, some are not. The best way to determine this is to check the feedback. I personally never buy from anyone who has a feedback lower than 90%. 96% is considered bad, by Ebay. Take that with a grain of salt. Ebay management is nuts.

By Valerie F. on 12/24/15
Helpful answer

For myself, will use ebay as a last resort. Ebay is a den of thieves. Had one seller send me a phone book and sex book in place of sander I won to show he sent item of weight and shipped so he could collect off paypal/ebay, found out this seller had ripped off many before ebay closed his "store/ ripoff factory" down. I know they claim to have separated ebay and paypal but my credit card company said its smoke and mirrors, that they still work together. Ebay is on their way out!

By BroC H. on 8/15/15
Helpful answer

Yes . You are right. All what people told you are correct. Don't trust ebay and the seller on ebay. Amazon much better than them. But anyway the best way to buy electronics from the local stores or official stores.

By Alayham A. on 7/11/15
Helpful answer

If you haven't already learned the hard way that Ebay is just pure bull$#*! when it comes to the sellers rights. When someone wants to send it back for any reason other than it doesn't work as described, you will be footing the bill. Not only will you lose the money you paid to ship it to them, Ebay will offer to provide a return label for them at your expense. Yep, that's right. They will bill you the price of the label if you don't provide it. Either way, you are paying for it to get back to you. It's get better. You can't leave negative feedback for the buyer either. It's not an option NO MATTER

By Chris N. on 9/25/16
Helpful answer

Depends on the seller. I wouldn't buy anything off ebay because there a crappy company.

By Greg L. on 10/26/15
Helpful answer

You can contact the seller and ask. Also look at their rating, if it's 99% then they will take care of you! For years, most of my shopping I do is from sellers off Ebay and mostly do great! Good luck!

By brian b. on 12/16/15
Helpful answer

The correct thing to do is to email the seller and tell him you are not satisfied with the product and would like to return it for a refund. Most sellers will work with you. If after contacting the seller your problem is not resolved you than open a case with ebay that you the product is not satisfactory and you would like to return for a refund, Go to the seller first and give him a chance to make it right so it does not ruin his business.

By Shirley M. on 7/21/15
Questions? Get answers from the eBay staff and other customers.

31 Photos for eBay