US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

kieng
2/20/17

Shopping on eBay is fun and there is almost nothing you can't find on eBay. Most sellers offer very low/moderate prices on shipping. Even international orders arrive quickly and efficiently.

grantr25
2/20/17

First off, I would like to say that I've been a member of eBay as a seller and buyer since 2006 (11 years ago from when I'm writing this), and I have had no prior offenses or strikes against my account until this past week. I've also had hundreds of positive ratings with a 100% positive feedback. I listed an item in an incorrect category when trying to get the selling listing together, eBay sent me a message and immediately restricted my account indefinitely without warning. I called customer support and the agent on the phone was SO RUDE to me and was telling me all these other ways he would restrict my account for trying to lift the permanent ban on my account for listing items. The fees are also 13-15% of your sales so it's not worth your time to even list on there. There are so many other selling platforms that have much better customer service than this. eBay doesn't even have a strike policy, you screw up once and you're completely cut off. For clothing, shoes, and accessories, use Poshmark, StockX, and GOAT. They are way better than eBay. I'm gladly taking my business elsewhere. After being with them 11 years, I get treated like a doormat. Horrible customer service.

rachm6

Pathetic Experince !

We ordered a folding wardrobe and Mixer from Ebay worth 5000/- !

First they delivered the said products very late and then they delivered the faulty products and refused to make any refund.

Huge Disappointment as a customer.

Later, when we gave bad rating on Ebay website, then we got a call from Vendor asking to change the rating and make it positive. And in return they asked to give us a gift voucher worth 500/-.

Such a cheater ! Never ever buy anything from Ebay !

bretm20

marlenew11
2/17/17

Thought that the products are not genuine, as the sellers send defective and non branded items. But my recent experience was so good as the products were genuine and the delivery of the product was also very fast.

dwaynem29
2/17/17

After reading the reviews I see that many people have the same issue I have. I went to purchase a bunch of items for my Exhibitor role for the Calgary Comic Expo and I chose which account the money **Should** come out of. I placed the order and then I opened my email to a bunch of NSF's so I paniced and went into the account they tried taking the funds from and it wasn't the account I selected. I now have negative(-)$1,600.00 in the account I didn't intent on using and PayPal then went into the appropriate account and took the funds. So now I'm out 1,600 and I have about $150.00 worth of product coming to me. I then in a panic called PayPal and their representatives were unprofessional and made it seem like this happens all the time and said they will provide me with a Bank Letter to resolve the issue. I had to call them three(3) times to get a proper response... I then brought the letter to the bank and the bank then said its not their issue as they're not the ones that caused these so they said PAYPAL should cover this. Basically Im stuck with a $1,600 bill that PayPal caused with their crappy system that I now have to pay back or else my credit goes down the drain. thanks for ruining a struggling mans life.

deepinders
2/17/17

I placed an order for 2 Thermostats on the website. After 20 days of not receiving the product the ebay customer service tells me that I need to resolve the matter with the seller. Furthermore they tell me I need to wait 3-5 business days for me to get any update back on resolution. In the mean time I do not have the product for over a month and I have paid for that transaction using Paypal who will charge me late payment if I do not make a payment to them for the un-received/lost item. What a painful experience. I wish I had stuck to Amazon. I had a broken item from amazon recently, and within a day the product was picked up and new one delivered at my door step. Lesson learnt, I am never buying with ebay again!!!

isakg
2/16/17

I have never bought off ebay before, because i thought i would never recive my merchendice. But now i have used ebay and i was very happy with everything
Thanks ebay team

gb70
2/15/17

Love ebay, I always classify my searches to see the % ratings of the sellers and never buy below 99.7%. Below that is at your own risk! Also I wish ebay would make it easier on us customers like myself by providing in search options the % ratings instead of having on every single page to press Ctrl+F then typing in 100% and so forth to illiminate the rest...

Been a long time customer of ebay and when you know how to search its a great site.

johns1635
2/15/17

Was a member since 2003..bought something that did not work...fought with both eBay and PayPal to get a refund...finally closed my account...they do not care about how long u have been with them...do yourself a favor and shop on amazon....way better customer service

garyw97
2/14/17

WHY DO THEY NOT SUPPORT THEIR SELLERS
SELLERS LOOSE BIG TIME==I WILL NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THEM
GO TO AMAZON=CRAIGSLIST

lisal243
2/13/17

Ebay charged me 10% plus paypal charged 3%. They are very sneaky about hiding the fact that there are fees until you close the deal and then find out. Ebay sucks.

micalenem
2/11/17

I'm piss and not happy at all I bought a cell phone yesterday off Ebay it was a bran new phone still in it's original phone box package not even opened. I took the phone to Metro PCS to activate the phone. When they put in the numbers that's on the phone to activate it the phone showed on their computer that is was a STOLEN PHONE. I'm piss off i paid $67.00 for this phone that was stolen I'm so lucky that Metro PCS didn't call the cop's because i could have gotten arrested for reviving stolen property. Im never again ordering anything off Ebay, Amazon or any other site that people sell stuff. For now on I'm only ordering off of sites such as Wal-Mart, Kmart, Best Buy, or Target.

kiml118
Kim L.
2/11/17

Well, with ebay it's a hit and miss.
Either it be with products or who you are dealing with.
Majority of my purchases did come from China. So delivery takes 1-3 months. No time gurantees. Most of the things I did received looked better online than in person.... so I suggest doing research first and reading other customer reviews from your seller.
Hope this was helpful

donnaw108
2/10/17

First time using Ebay the most wonderful experience. I place 3 separate order I received every item within a few days. I was amazed!! My New Company !!!

dariol10
2/10/17

I sold my PC that I built myself. Once the buyer received it I started getting images of damage saying it had been damaged in transit because there was no damage in the pics on my ebay selling page so a tried to claim insurance from the delivery service but once I forwarded the images the seller sent the delivery service said that's not drop damage you can see where the metal has been bent outwards so rang ebay and told them I think am getting scammed what should I do they told me nothing until the buyer opens a case so i wait but hes still sending pic of damage 1 being a cpu delidded without intel I5 stamp on top i built this myself and am dam sure that dont rub off plus the egit took the pic on top of my case with the cpu fan still attached and ebay put the case In his favor because he opened the case and told them he did not do the damage, so I said on the phone you can see this is a scam.. We have no proof there is no pics of the item before it was sent. Yes, there is pics there on my ebay selling page of no damage and 2 that ain't my CPU google i5 cpus and you will see stamps on all of them they did and you're saying he won because he opened the case I rang first and you told me to wait. Yes, but we are following strict guidelines so sorry, there's nothing we can do.. so am £220 out of pocket i also have to pay his return and i get a broken item thats not all mine how on earth is that fair. So there it is ebay protect scammers

neliad
2/10/17

I bought a sports cam, it says 1080mp but it's definitely not and it doesn't even pick up sounds btw I bought it together with the UV light and clothes that didn't came. I was waiting because I need the UV Light for my Research Project, I waited months and when I try to log-in to check, Ebay doesn't even let me log-in. It was like an error or something that says I cannot log-in anymore. What the actual $#*! is that?!

dingbatg
2/9/17

its very satisfying shopping on ebay for me, when i did have an issue buying something i called up ebay and they helped get through it, very friendly customer service and awesome treasures to be found , ebay helps me with my Pokemon collection and make up too

krayrep
2/8/17

3 items no sent refund notification but no real money more than 4month paypal or ebay no answer any more so beware

rutho14
2/8/17

I ordered a mobility scooter online. Was nervous. This was my first time ordering from eBay. It turned out to be the best experience. Paying through PayPal was a breeze. The seller was very helpful and a very sweet person. The item looked and performed better in reality then was advertised. VERY, VERY SATISFIED.

adamo89
2/8/17

bought lots of stuff and Ebay had my back. The one time I got screwed was my fault for agreeing with seller from RipMeOffChina who claimed he would send it again, well by then the time to complain was passed. You are limited on time to complain and review stuff.

henrikp4
2/8/17

Really, it is not really about ebay itself but it is about the sellers and eBay does a great job to protect you. I've purchased up to 300 items on ebay and had no problems most of the time. The whole concept seems to be a little vintage though.

agas3
2/8/17

Bunch of scammers that are abusing return and feedback policy and Ebay always takes buyer site!!! Felling of disappointment a powerlessness as a seller are way too often so I am quitting

vivianf11
2/6/17

I have been selling on eBay for over 17 yrs. Wow, it was great in the beginning! In fact, I was able to make it my only job for a period of time in the past. However as time went on, rules became more stringent for sellers and more lax for buyers. In the recent years, I have had buyers take advantage of the "not as described" reason for return. Once a buyer states this as a reason for return, it automatically means the seller pays for return shipping. A buyer can be a nightmare and no way to let the public know because no negatives or even neutral is able to be given to a buyer. I have sold one item that I know was working and the buyer claimed it did not. When they returned the heavy item (lots of return postage I had to pay) I got back a DIFFERENT item than the one I shipped out. However eBay still gave them their money and I was left with a damaged non working item AND my money. Recently someone claimed I sent a different item than the one in the listing claiming "the stitching looks different". I had no similar item so no way that was possible. This is all so frustrating dealing with the buyers that get snotty and accusatory. So after 17 yrs, I am hanging it up! I Will still be a buyer because now I know I can return anything at someone elses expense if the notion hits me. I can also buy a similar model electronics item and say "not as described" and return to them my old dead one at their expense! They do have many bargains so it is a great place to buy. They are all about the buyers.

krysf1
2/6/17

As a buyer, I've received broken items, items with holes and items that were completely different than their descriptions. I've waited 2 months to receive items from China just for them to fall apart within minutes of receiving them. When returning an item, I've been charged a "restocking fee" by the seller for an item that was never used and still in original packaging and could be resold at full retail price. Then eBay auto drafted money out of my PayPal account without my knowledge or approval for the shipping label to return the item, costing me almost as much to just have kept the item. Had I known all this I probably would have just kept the item. As a seller, I've listed and sold an item, then issued a partial refund to the buyer but was still invoiced by eBay for 10% of the initial listing price, without the refund. That's because eBay takes 10% of everything you sell. You can just think of that like for every $80 you sell, you're giving up an $8 item to eBay for free. As if that's not enough, today I received an invoice that was too high to be 10% of the total cost of the items I had sold, so I contacted their "do not care" department and spoke with a woman who told me they are now charging their beastly 10% on the "total value" meaning you're paying them 10% of what it costs to ship the item as well. Now that $8 item you're giving away to the money lords of eBay for $80 worth of sales is a $10 loss because you pay 10% of shipping cost, plus 10% of the item's cost. I tried to reason with this woman explaining that in all my listings, I select the option to charge the actual cost of shipping to the buyer. I do not make any profit on shipping, why should I have to pay eBay 10% of it? Did they somehow assist with picking up my boxes? She told me they were doing this now to entice more sellers to offer free shipping. I told her they were enticing more sellers to sell elsewhere if they want to have anything left over as profit. I'm removing all of my items for sale that don't have current bids and never will I shop here as a buyer again. You've finally done it with me eBay. Member since 2006

1,046 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

47 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the eBay staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question