Review of eBay

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

jesset31
3/27/17

I used to buy everything I didn't need right now on ebay but I hate shopping on eBay now because every ad is failed advertising! Say you want to buy a $5 HAMMER, you sort by LOWEST PRICE first and filter to BUY IT NOW format and you start seeing these awesome hammers! Well. You you click it and chose which one you want and it $20 and you find the $5 item is a nail!!! Every ad is a "STARTS AT..." ad and sells a screw or a nail for the lowest price. Irritating, loosing a good customer eBay.

tasha192
3/26/17

I received an email on ebay saying:" Sell 1 item for free". I received an invoice 4 days later for $49.00. Paypal deducted $15 and i paid $10.50 for Shipping. All this and I haven't even received payment yet. This was my 1st item and last I will ever sell on ebay. Your fees are way too high and so is PayPal's, I will never sell anything on ebay again.

tedh28
3/26/17

When things are good there is a short wait time on customer service to eBay. I called yesterday. The wait time was supposed to be 8 minutes. I waited 1 hour and 41 minutes. I went back and the customer service posting next to the phone number said average wait time one minute. I figured i had a dead end number. I called back and took phone to bed and held on for 17 hours 42 minutes and still no pick up. I slept and i was doing work while i waited.They are busy because they made some big mistakes that are hurting sellers and everyone is calling. otherwise customer service would be picking up. I hung up and tried again and am still waiting. I using the time to work on other websites as i decide if i should continue or if they are going to fix the issues. My sales last year with 200 ads had sales per week of about $600.00 now with 1,295 ads i have about the same amount of sales. that is not right. They told me to ad photos. It didn't help. I think they just want to point the finger at us and not themselves by telling me i didn't have enough photos.

lisaf148
3/26/17

CALLED ABOUT A MALICIOUS FALSOE REVIEW ON AN ITEM WE SOLD AND HAD TO WAIT OVER 45 MIN TO TALK TO SOMEONE EVEN THOUGH EBAY'S WEBSITE SAID 1 MIN WAIT. TOP SELLER AND AWFULCUSTOMER SERVICE- CAN'T UNDERSTAND CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS - HAVE TO EXPLAIN SITUATION MULTIPLE TIMES FOR THEM TO UNDERSTAND- HORE USA REPS!!!!!

jadew19
3/25/17

I have been a customer with eBay for 14 years. Ebay used to be great. It stood by the products it sold and a safe site to buy anything. For last two years, when Ebay started having more sellers from China to sell staff. the quality of the products has gone away down. Ebay is no longer a trusting and safe site to buy anything now. Don't buy anything from eBay , especially the products are listed under " china" if you can avoid. Don't ever trust the sellers from china and there are so many dishonest thieves from that country.

lances25
3/25/17

newbie still able to affect years of great feedback. if an item cost a dollar it has the same impact on your credit score as something that cost 1000 dollars. Give me a break. and newbie are the worse. Block as many as you can if you want to survive as a seller. Engrave all of your items. copy and paste blocked ebayers, look online for a good list. still getting peoples old junk returned, and there is nothing that you can do except refund the A______les. Good luck! no seller protection at all really

rajnaa
3/24/17

This the best website I have experience to buy some stuff.its cheapest price make me crazy,especially its delivery,more quickly than other shopping website

lauriec43
3/23/17

Will never sell anything on eBay again I sold a perfectly good and perfect condition Samsung Galaxy S6 phone the final purchase price that the bidder bid was $243 they automatically took $18 off as they said it was for their fees I just got a notice from them another bill from them for additional $24.95 for something called an insertion fee which I was never informed about ridiculous will never sell anything on there again

robv20
3/22/17

I sold a Apple TV in perfect condition they found in the buyers favor with no response because they said it didn't work. The Apple product was returned and worked perfectly. Deactivating my account and would rather deal with buyers in person using "OfferUp or Craigslist"

eBay

altynayh
3/22/17

This is another great and best website I have experience to buy some stuff. Especially they offer customs duty payment in advance if you buy things from abroad and I love it as in the country I live the customs might take ages to release your merchandise but never had problem with eBay so far

srinivasag
3/22/17

Not good at all I purchased intax speaker last week that's not good.i call to customer care there are responding properly.I am requesting for return the product but they are not ready to take back.pls don't by eBay product.

lukew49
3/21/17

Mixed experience. Some sellers are great but i in troubles a few times. Some items i got from ebay were definitely used or already retuned defective products...

marryc8
3/19/17

EBay claims to be all about their customers. But in all reality, they just care for themselves. Terrible place to buy from. Never know what you're actually getting yourself into. If you want a product for cheaper than in-store, go to Amazon.

sands3
3/19/17

Sold an item on e-bay for $46, and NEVER received the money. E-bay charged me $14.95! How am i supposed to pay that and i never received the money? Also tried to cancel an order and e-bay would not let me do that either because they said it was active but the guy changed his mind -_-. Customer service is not concerned for the customer because they only cared about their $14 that i 'owe'. its an all around mess and i do not recommend this site to anyone wanting to sell or buy, for that matter. If you want to sell, use Facebook. Its a secure and a great way to get money with no attached fees, because Facebook is free.

johnc703
3/19/17

Ebay wants to control you.Im pretty sure they have people and friends employed that manipulate the sellers and try to set them up and play little games.They are destroying themselves from the inside out.I just started and sold an item for 8.00.Total.It cost 10.00 to ship it.The informant was so cheap didn't want to pay extra 2.00.So I canceled sale.She put a negative remark in a positive .Ebay said no remove, I'm supposed to take a loss.Thier calculation is off on shipping too.You shouldn't be allowed to buy and sell if you work for eBay.They stick thier nose in and I'm not sure if it's all legal.A failing business.Even some of the lowly workers want to bully.When you open a store it gets worse.In thier tiny mind they think they have you.My suggestion is already to find another site.Half customers are crazy and don't pay to boot.I picture 300 pound fat women that get entertainment playing games with people.3 to 5 years EBay is finished.

lyriki
3/18/17

WHY DOES EBAY HAVE CUSTOMER SERVICE IF THEY DON'T PROVIDE CUSTOMER SERVICE! THEY SAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEED BUT THAT'S BULL$#*!. YOU HAVE TO JUMP THROUGH ALL THESE HOOPS BEFORE THEY'LL EVEN ATTEMP TO GIVE YOU YOU'RE MONEY BACK! CUSTOMER SERVICE IS A JOKE! THEY HAVE NO POWER TO DO $#*!! THEY INSTRUCT YOU ON WHAT TO DO IF THIS HAPPENS OR THAT HAPPENS. KIND OF LIKE THE HELP BUTTON ONLINE. IT'S RIDICULOUS. THIS WAS ONLY THE 2ND TIME I PURCHASED SOMETHING THAT I WILL NEVER RECEIVE BECAUSE IT WAS SENT TO THE WRONG ADDRESS! THE FACT THAT THESE IDIOTS DON'T ASK YOU BEFORE YOU SUBMIT A PURCHASE....IS THIS THE CORRECT SHIPPING ADDRESS? LIKE THEY DO EVERYWHERE ELSE I'VE PURCHASED ONLINE IS $#*!ING STUPID! I WILL NEVER AGAIN PURCHASE A DAME THING OFF EBAY! FIRST GET SOME REAL CUSTOMER SERVICE THAT HAS THE ACTUAL POWER TO HELP. CUSTOMER SERVICE WHO CAN CHANGE SHIPPING INFO IF NEEDED, CUSTOMER SERVICE WHO CAN SEND THE SELLER MESSAGES WHEN STUFF LIKE THIS HAPPENS. NOW I HAVE TO WAIT A MONTH AND SEE IF MAYBE I RECEIVE ITEM AND THEN FILE A DISPUTE OF SOME SORT STATING I NEVER RECIEVED ITEM AND IF MY CASE MAKES SENSE TO THEM MAYBE JUST MAYBE I'LL GET MY MONEY BACK. MONEY BACK GUARANTEED HA! I CALL BULL$#*!!

melodyd9
3/18/17

I had a situation with a buyer and won the case ..the buyer called the same time and because the representive he spoke to hit the "won" button first, I received a email stating he won the case ..this is ridiculous!! My items clearly stated on the discription in detail ..The representives doesn't use their common sense and from foreign country.you can't understand what they are saying nor do they care about what's going on.As long as they are getting paid they are going to do whatever it takes to get them by ..

travisz1
3/17/17

Twice in the last month Ive had over 100 dollars in fraud purchases on my debit card through ebay. think you could get their customer service? NOPE. Gotta jump through their stupid hoops. wait til I call them up when I get home. Someone's day is gonna go south like mine.

laurab234
3/17/17

I purchased an item costing $300.00 but never received it. EBay customer service doesn't include verbal contact with a live person so I'm left completely in the dark about the scam. It far better to spend the few extra bucks with a reputable company who will stand by their customers when things go wrong.

michaelp291
3/16/17

Like, Amazon has written reviews about sellers products, I think ebay should have the same guideline. Yes, ebay does have rating a seller, but what I am talking about is a product review. Now, I know this would be harder to do with used items. But not with new items. I think that the buyer, should be able to review all items, so that another buyer is aware.

sarahw177
3/15/17

Love Ebay, have had a few misses but that's mostly on clothing that has shrunk in the wash (watch out for that and get actual measurements!) Non-clothing purchases have all been excellent: Refurbished electronics by top technicians (I'm using my bargain Acer Aspire E15 to write this review), bargain books (that don't have Amazon's 3.99 shipping fee), vitamins and cosmetics. Great finds all around especially if you're looking for hard-to-find items.

mackyv
3/15/17

They ship USPS, great prices most sellers include shipping, great exchange policy, comparing prices with their sellers is a must, not always going cheaper is better.

nothanr
3/15/17

Marketing is fun with eBay. Purchased one Katana sword and it arrived before it is too delay :( I mean the shipping was late. Except this I liked other things

raymondf19
3/14/17

Sellers need to be allowed to block buyers with no ratings. I have sold 2 items 4 times on ebay and the purchases all jerked me around and never have paid. The last buyer never paid.
michael darrett
1315 Buckeye St
Magnolia AR 71753
United States

anneb95
3/13/17

I always check e bay before buying most things and have found a lot of bargains. I would say that 99.9% have been pleased with my purchases. I would not hesitate to recommend this site to check before you buy anything because you'll do well.

1,046 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

50 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the eBay staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question