Review of eBay

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

luizf4
5/22/17

I have been buying from eBay for many years. Once I had a wrong order delivered to me and before complaining I received an e-mail from eBay apologizing. They had identified the mistake.

shibilyv
5/20/17

My three purchases not yet recived. But cash deducted from my card.
Bad service response.
I have purchased more online sites, eBay only cheating two times.

markw299
5/18/17

I tried to report a mislabeled item. At the top of the listing it said genuine leather. Lower in the description, it said synthetic leather. Tried to fill out report. Feedback button covered submit report button, preventing reports of mislabeled items from being submitted. Ebay simply does not care who lies in their listings. They are a vehicle for criminals and dishonest sellers and they make no effort to stop it. Buyer beware anything sold on ebay.

philipu1
5/17/17

Cheapoair is a very good site for purchasing your flight always work me and am happy abt the services

timt80
5/17/17

Long time user. Have bought and sold everything from clothes to cars. Constantly evolving to protect users and make experience better.

quentinc6
5/17/17

When everything goes well, every shop, dealer or product is great.
However, I had 2 issues with Ebay.com.au and twice it ended with them saying : "Sorry the system automatically closed your request so, even though you are right, we can't do anything".
I recommend to avoid Ebay, but if you use it, just hope that nothing goes wrong.

carolinam15
5/16/17

Ebay will get 10% of the the whole sold item including shiping cost plus .30 cents insertion fee, just for a simple add, if you want the add to stand out, adf extra cost.
and if you use PayPal to get paid them,add more charged. Your net earnings are almost nothing by the time you finish mailing the item. Use other website that are more considerate and not so greedy like Ebay...

priyankaj3
5/15/17

I hv ordered a red tutu dress fr my kid worth rs 2300 bt I got a very very poor quality dress with defective flowers on it ,cheap quality fabric,was giving a street bought appearance worth rs 300. I asked immediately to return bt no one has given positive response either the seller (STARTRENDYTUTU.COM a boutique in raipur) or the customer support team. they repeated same line that whatever I got is the best given from their side it cant get returned or exchanched as they don't believe in refund or exchanched policy . I must say ebay is a fraud site n profit earning by mkng us fool n cheatng us. please dont purchase any item from this so called ebay online store.as there is no option of no star or black star I hd to gv it a star .bt this site deserves fr a sue in the court of india.

laurar123
5/15/17

Ordered this item never received it although seller provided tracking and shipping information. I just wanted my money back they did not offer another item...idk were carrier left it...not my fault not seller fault but however eBay offered their money back guarantee but 2 days later told me they sides with seller so I will not be given a refund I had to appeal it so I did. The lady said I would get refund in 24-48 hours. Never happened had to call back again and find out the rep never sent any notifications saying she was going to refund my money almost a week later I'm still waiting for my money. I never used eBay before and never will try them again. It's a hassle trying to get your money back plus you get reps on phone who lie to you. They tell you one thing and then the next day it's something else. I called them more then 5 times. Ridiculous I use Amazon and should have shopped there first. I ended up going to the store and buying what I ordered off eBay.

emmam102
5/15/17

let me tell you about my morning so far....
i want to sell my car, i have an ipad 2. so i sign up. all going well so far. i start my ad on the classic uploader. many fields won't work so can't post. so i try the advanced option and try again. i get to the photo uploader. browse it says, so i browse. i pick a picture then it goes back to page and tells me 0 photos selected. i try many times in many ways. not one error message to say what's wrong. nothing! so i think ok, i'll download the app, go through all that to then be informed i can't sell my car on the app!!! so i think i'll use my partners laptop. i have to send the photos on my ipad to him. one lot sends, the other won't, not ebay fault but i'm sure you can imagine my utter frustration at this point. so i try my google browser on my phone. the browse button now accepts my pic. one at a time...after pressing five different buttons to get to the photo i want. i eventually put nine in and press upload. at this point my phone rings, i've lost my google page. i'm now really hoping the photos and ebay are doing their thing in the background and when i sign back in my photos will be there.... guess what? no photos and i'm back to the hell that is square one! thanks ebay, nice to know your down with the kids using techy stuff like ipads, i know they've only been around about 15 years! from my ipad i've uploaded to autotrader, gumtree. amazon...photos that is, yet ebay ... not a hope! won't be selling my car on there even if i managed to get through the minefield of uploading simple photos!

Emma

dont179
5/13/17

I sold my used iPhone on eBay and the buyer expected no scratches from a used phone (eBay definition of used : some cosmetics imperfections but working). Ebay decided to refund the buyer money (out of my account) and still charged me the selling fees ($26). What a bunch of thief ... thinking about filling a small claim case against them so they will not do this to others. NEVER EBAY AGAIN! Don.

abdulrhmanm
5/12/17

I had a positive feedback for this website but be sure you pay with PayPal account because eBay money back guarantee is only for 30 days. so always use PayPal , you can claim back even after 160 days

thaera2
5/12/17

I bought for my son an iPad air one as refurbished from eBay then after 1 month it was no work so I contacted them to resolve this problem but they didn't respond to me request and I have tried multiple times after that but they haven't had any respond. So, I don't recommend for any one to bay through eBay. The company is not reliable

donnag100
5/12/17

I have been an Ebay customer for over 20 years and I never had problem buying or selling. When I had an issue, the customer service department was more than helpful and resolved it right there on the spot. Monday, I was getting billed for an $800.00 phone. First, we all have Iphones and Mac products as evidenced by any purchase activity. Second, I would never bid on that phone on Ebay, especially if the seller is in the UK. I called Ebay and spend several minutes speaking to a rep. in/from the Philippines. She assured me that it would be taken care of. Two days later, I see a demand for payment from Ebay. I call them immediately and get another rep from the Philippines. I end up relaying the same information as if I never made the initial call to Ebay. I also uncovered that my account was hacked and the hacker changed my address to one in Brooklyn--never received the warning e-mails about account changes from Ebay. On the real, I think Ebay screwed this up because the address actually belonged to an electronic store in Brooklyn that deals with the disputed item. At present, the issue is not resolved and apparently, Ebay outsourced its customer service department overseas which may be part of the problem. VERY ANGRY with Ebay.

jimmyy3
5/11/17

I never recived my item, ebay said since they got a tracking it doesn't matter. Then i submited a bad review because i never recived my item and the seller was horrible at responding; and they removed it becuase "they had a tracking number" they basically took 20 dollars for nothing and wasted my time.

carolynt30
5/11/17

Beware of the Guaranty. I purchased an item listed on ebay and initiated a return. I requested a return label from the seller. I was advised by the seller AND ebay that the seller was unable to send a return label. ebay sent me an email to arrange for return shipment with the seller; "the seller is responsible for the shipping cost". The seller requested I use USPS with tracking. After returning as instructed, the seller did not refund the USPS shipping fee. Upon contacting ebay, the representative informed me the return shipping agreement was between me and the seller and ebay will not cover the return shipping or force the seller to return the USPS shipping cost of approximately $60.

elizabeth
5/10/17

As a buyer only, I trust eBay more than almost any other secondhand website. The sellers here are more likely to post very clear pictures of their items and, in many cases, provide detailed descriptions as well. If I ask a seller a question about an item, I receive a response about 75% of the time, which is better than a lot of other platforms. The sellers ship on time, or let you know why they won't be.

Finally, the buyer protection is fantastic. If an item is not as described, you receive your money back + the cost of return shipping. If an item is never received, you receive your money back.

The buyer protection on this site makes me confident enough to purchase higher priced items. I love ebay as a buyer and would recommend it to others. Just use common sense while shopping and you will be fine.

stephent61
5/10/17

Terrible service, terrible website and terrible company.

Customer service nonexistent. Only interested in taking your money. Zero protection for both buyers and sellers and no regulation at all.

rupendrag
5/10/17

i didn't like return policy
They took long time after that they said my return date is expired .I am really disappointed and i think i don't go ebay again .

justint65
5/9/17

I love the item a lot! It fits me perfectly well. I'm very satisfied.The material is great quality and it fits perfectly it feels so nice like expensive material I can't believe how amazing it is I'm fall in love with this will be buying more.

isabela21
5/9/17

I used to be very pleased with eBay services, not any more... It's all lies, eBay doesn't protect buyers it's a scam. The buyers can't even get in contact with eBay customer service, witch is horrendous by the way, eBay throw at us the pull down choices (that we use) hopping that WE can resolve OUR problem... REALLY?? SHOULD THAT BE CUSTOMER SERVICE'S JOB???....any way we do it and the results are obvious...we don't get any where TRY TO GET YOUR HARD WORK MONEY FROM A SELLER, THAT YOU PAID....AND GET NOTHING IN RETURN. I'M TRYING SINCE JANUARY 2017, eBAY TOLD ME TO CONTACT THE SELLER FIRST.... AGAIN SHOULDN'T THIS BE CUSTOMER SERVICE'S JOB???????
1st Contact. Nothing
2nd Contact. Seller says is going to refund my money
Waited 3 weeks passed
3th Contact Nothing
Tried to Contact eBay that claims that if a buyer doesn't get the issue resolved eBay will step in (on what?... By now I have a few ideas)
4th Contact with seller. Nothing.
Try then contact eBay costumer service (the joke was on me), good luck with it, SURPRISE eBay doesn't even provide a phone number. THERE IS NO WAY TO CONTACT eBAY.
PROBABLY NO ONE IS GOING TO SEE THIS, BUT WE ARE ON THE 21st CENTURY AND THERE IS SO MANY WAYS
TO BE HEARD AND CAUTION ALL THAT USES eBAY.

rachelp65
5/8/17

Always read every detail and button because there are scammers just like every site. Make sure you read the find print.

barryl33
5/8/17

Had a problem with a orderr Iphone from China Computer board was not working had to sent back so far have not got the phone or money back and cost of shiping so far I have lost 303 dollars plus shiping has been 4 and a haft months now nothing has happen.????.

drs40
5/8/17

If the buyer is unhappy weeks later - Paypal will still issue a refund. I have been using ebay for over 10 years and I simply cannot sell on here any longer.

khurshids
5/7/17

it takes long time for delivery and some items don't reach at all and there is no system to claim the compensation.

1,046 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

51 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the eBay staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
phillipw19
Phillip W.
on 11/19/15
Answer
Questions? Get answers from the eBay staff and other customers.

30 Photos for eBay