US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

terryo22
8/27/16

Bought a fake iphone sold as a new, unopened iphone with 10 months Apple warranty remaining. Fought with the seller for a month. Ebay protected the seller, terrible customer service, I was the one to suffer.

hannahm44
8/26/16

eBay is good here always find what you want very convenient

carsonr15
8/26/16

Item arrived broken. It was 3 weeks of fighting Ebay, Dell and seller. I lost $200 in physical money dealing with this, 12 hours of work ($210 effectively lost) and about 30 hours of personal time fighting this.

Seller refused to accept the return unless I removed my negative feedback. I told him I will change it to neutral if he accepts it, but based on above reasons listed, I refuse to say I was satisfied.

Ebay then went behind my back, without contacting me first, and removed my rating. Seller then told me he called Ebay and simply asked them to remove it and they did.

Seller has 1500 positive reviews, 1 neutral, 0 negative. The reason it's so perfect is because the seller will refuse to help/bribe you over reviews, and Ebay sided with seller on removing my review without even asking. Essentially, their rating system is 100% rigged.

Item also took 5 weeks to ship using the global shipping program and costed me $100, however my return shipping was 5 days for non-express, meaning they could have shipped it direct in far less time for less price ($80).

Entire system is corrupt. I recommend never using Ebay for anything that may need to be returned if faulty (AKA computers, computer parts, etc).

arthurc40
8/26/16

ebay tends to protect crooked sellers especially chinese fakes,they remove negative comments and reviews so that the next person comes along and also gets caught out,also you dont get your money back.

juarc
8/25/16

They sell only used products.Never ever purchase in ebay a worst website.

sanpreets
8/24/16

Seal of the box was already broken, phone was already on, charger didn't work, manufacturer/seller never picked my call or revert to my email msgs, don't want to refund or replace the product, NO customer services, later the phones charging point stopped working and low level of brightness when I compared it to the other same model, still won't refund or replace. Thousands of problems. $#*!tard eBay.

andrewr80
8/24/16

Hello. I have bought an used laptop from eBay user. The laptop was 100% different than it's description and I opened a claim but eBay support refused me and step in by side of seller. It is a fraud guys and eBay just closed eyes on it.

My eBay ID = zoraneclipse

lindab269
8/23/16

Ebay competes with Amazon, Jet and ppl shop here sometimes because of problems with other sites, well this one is no different. I wish I had shopped their complaint dept first, they have a rating of 1.2 stars on Google reviews and I see why. BS messages about waiting before leaving ANY feedback, deadlines for reviews and feedback. I purchased Jasmine Jazz tea from what I thought were retailers and it turned out to be from housewife working out of her home Kathy Lasenna, she closed up shop after I complained that she was selling outdated merchandise. Ebay also falsely advertises FREE SHIPPING (not always the case) I have paid hidden fees before. I think I will stick to Amazon awhile longer

paulam60
8/22/16

so i clicked on them and the price went up to $43.00 and some change. I though i did something wrong went back selected the boots price again changed. Its not a big deal i didnt buy them but why do they do that it makes no sense just put the dam boots at $43.00

donnac120
8/22/16

remember*me charged me $9.00 to ship me 10 buttons.........She doesn't have to have that name, I'll never forget her............ Also weiwuitsme90 charges $25.00 for delivery of 30 buttons.

danielled52
8/21/16

I love eBay. And I use it to compare stores for their prices! It's on my main page of apps, I use it daily

heathert33
8/19/16

Purchased goods which were fraudulent. eBay were totally unhelpful despite phone calls and letters (which were replied to by email). Out of pocket to over £1000.00p! Won't buy anything else from their site. They used to be helpful but not any more, won't even investigate or take action against the seller. We have had to take our own civil proceedings against the seller including tracing his address!

terrelld7
8/18/16

Most of the times I could find better deals here than anywhere with a guarantee,when I first began I did not know about refunds and things like that,So I did end up with junk,but now things are working well. Which is my fault. I bought many things and sold some things as well.Even my psychic services giving people a more private conversation without a third party listening in.. Ebay is the right place.. paypal is used by many even The Zodiac Dream Maker. Much better than what it was when I first began.Many companies use paypal.. I have used it myself when clients wanted a more private reading with me without the worry of a third party.

yahabebeb
8/15/16

Make sure you check the persons rating score before purchasing anything. I used to love Ebay but now the more I use it im strarting to see whats really going on. When something seems too good to be true it is! I bought two shelves that I paid 50 bucks on Amazon for 10 on Ebay then after the money was taken off my card I got a message that the transaction was from a compromised account and that a unauthorized party accessed the sellers account. They said I could get a refund because I was protected by ebay. Nope! After running back and fourth fro my credit card to ebay I finally got refunded through paypal. Just be careful! Some people will ship fast others might never ship the item out. Lots of decievers out there

susanl68
8/15/16

Disgusted with Amazon.com, I actually tried for the first time in 4 years to purchase goods on eBay. Good Grief. The advertisement for the goods was a total lie. Let me get this straight, eBay gets its cut for creating the marketplace, and, then, it's Buyer Beware. The goods were not new as advertised, and the goods were totally defective. It doesn't get much worse. eBay does all these tricky maneuvers to hold on to your money for weeks and weeks. What a bunch of deceitful, fraudulent players. What a lousy company from top to bottom, and these worthless "sellers" are frauds and con artists. Never Again.

Tip for consumers: eBay is as crooked and dishonest as they come.

barbaram132
8/14/16

I have been buying and selling on ebay for years and have been satisfied--some bad experiences but not too many. However, I just learned that a seller can refuse restitution of any kind if you buy an article of clothing and wash it. I bought a designer blouse and washed it according to instructions--the design on the fabric came off in large patches. Seller would not refund because I had "altered" the item by washing it. Ebay backed her up and removed my negative review. Recommend not buying clothing unless just very inexpensive.

rosek36
8/11/16

After my items have gone up for sale I already pay eBay fees and now PayPal are taking after the sale of my 11 items this was a lot of money being charged twice for my transactions I will not be selling on eBay in the future to be robbed of money for my goods bring on the used sites that are free to sell

emranh
8/10/16

All I'm going to say is be careful when buying items on eBay, there customer service team are not helpful? It even gets worseer when you contact Paypal open case they too!:( don't help. Best advice pay VIA Credit Card and report to your card company it's a lot quicker. If there was (0) ratings I would give it to eBay.

There are lots of fake/counterfeit items being sold and eBay and PayPal are okay with it and support the dodgy sellers.

lolitad1
8/8/16

I bought iPhone case as new and rose gold and received with scratches, the gold color and fake.
Be careful to buy anything at Ebay as I received no refund. AsI understand Ebay has a politics to protect sellers.

ivaylob
8/8/16

Hello ISB ART DESIGN TEAM Wants To Present To You Our New Service For 3D and 2D Vizualizations and Design Of Floor Plans part of your projects:

*We can propose to you amazing 3d or 2d vizual with multiple revisions, easy payment system, throught this website.

*Communictation in English language, fast delivery of your desired design of floor plan and full satisfied desires about requirements.

*You can come in touch anytime with us and ask us about everything that you consider for the project needings.

*All visuals are created in AutoCAD platform in high resolution and covered all standarts of your country and City, if you have desire the drawing or visualization can be created and designed in Google Scetchup platform with the same characteristics.

You'll receive the source file included in main pack of drawings where you can edited all of your information of drawing, PDF layered copy of drawing and explanation of drawing if you need it.

Thanks

Regards

ISB ART DESIGN TEAM

Tip for consumers: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Architectural-Floor-Plans-Design-/201640441419?ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

briang91
8/7/16

I use to use Ebay for everything. It was my go-to place to shop. Now I rarely check there first anymore. In recent years I've noticed that it is getting harder to look for a seller that isn't in China. Even the profile on Ebay sellers product description will say ships from New York City and until the shipper sends you a tracking number after the product is bought, you notice a delivery company from China pops up and the city of origin is even a Chinese city. When they go through such deception to hide that fact people should be weary. If I want to buy from a Chinese vendor that's my choice. To deceive someone into thinking that you are purchasing from your home country and its not, that is a different animal all together. I suppose Ebay does not put more stringent rules on its vendors. I suppose that Ebay isn't concerned as long as the money keeps rolling in.
It has gotten so out of control that I would look through Amazon first, then small individual sites, then check Ebay as a final resort. As a buyer you have to scrutinize each product ad to make sure you are buying from where it says. Even so, you can get duped. Most of the time you can sort them out just by looking how they word their product desciption. They don't know the correct English sentence structure. Anyway, their service has spiraled downward. Trust wise for me.

georgea83
8/7/16

I been buying at eBay at least 8 years and customer service is the best you must do your part when buying reed description and you will be on you way with good merchandise at fantastic prices

praneety
8/4/16

i had booked an item and got a message that it will be delivered on specific date, but haven't received yet, call made to cc department but lines are continuous busy and calls are disconnected by cc executives..

payments are accepted very fast, but the delivery queries are not reverted back...

cjs7
8/3/16

I am one of the many unfortunate victims to fall prey to an illegal Scam sales company on eBay who list, sell and profit off of the unauthorized manufacture of counterfeit/fake replica/clone product.

The store "Ceramic-Knifes" on eBay, listed: http://www.ebay.com/sch/ceramic-knifes/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=
and is most likely one in a long line of illegal Chinese Sellers, falsely lists counterfeit SOG and Ontario Knife Company products and more on their eBay sales site.

What is different and far more dangerous about sellers that eBay protects are that they list products that are actually manufactured in Taiwan for a few dollars less than most retail sales, which leads buyers (like myself) to believe that we are purchasing the genuine product for their "limited time sale price".

Upon receiving these horrible products and reporting them immediately to eBay, eBay's customer service policy does nothing more than suggest that you return the product to the Seller and wait to get your money back, however to return the product you must pay out of your own pocket for return shipping that must have tracking information and you must wait for the Seller to receive it and then they have several days to refund your money, but many Chinese Sellers will lie and say that they did not receive their products back in the mail and then you lose all of your original money AND the new shipping costs money.

This is a situation where CLEARLY eBay should remove the fraudulent Seller from their site and step in and refund lost monies and have the counterfeit products shipped to a U.S. facility where they can investigate the counterfeit items, however eBay will not as they generate an enormous amount of income from all of their Chinese Sellers, especially those who are selling thousands of small transactions as the parent company who owns eBay and Pay Pal receive monies twice per every sale (1 from eBay and 1 from Pay Pal).

DO NOT BUY ONTARIO RAT 1 or ONTARIO RAT 2 knives from China on eBay or SOG knives from Chinese Sellers as they will most likely be completely horrible, low quality counterfeits! You will lose your money and eBay will not help!

FAKE CHINESE CLONE KNIVES AND OTHER PRODUCTS ARE BEING SOLD ON eBAY AND SITES LIKE ALIEXPRESS EVERY SINGLE DAY!

Tip for consumers: BEWARE OF POOR QUALITY CHINESE CLONE KNIVES ESPECIALLY ONTARIO RAT 1 and ONTARIO RAT 2 LISTINGS ON eBAY!

sarunasb
8/3/16

NO customer service, impossible to contact. just Americans can to contact

1,045 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

35 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the eBay staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question