Review of eBay

hostmaster@ebay.com
2017 Customer choice award

skyl114
10/20/17

Does not want to put any effort on helping you recover your old account, hackers can change your secret questions easily. Does not bother to help you in anyway and just bans you for life and tell their sellers to part ways with them. AMAZING

kellyn45
10/19/17

I buy stuff from here all the time. Great site. Cheaper than Amazon.

Check aliexpress for a price comparison though because a lot of their sellers are from China.

saidam
10/19/17

I have been left out of pocket by Ebay. I sold items , paid for postage and packaging and ebay got there monthly fee from my account. Whereas I didnt get a single penny because I was a new seller and according to paypal my email was unconfirmed. I wated alot of time with both ebay and paypal to resolve my issue, but they sent me automatic email saying bull$#*! I alreafy have read on there websites (which were not helpful in my case). Ebay said they are helpless to do anything. I mean whose responsibilty is it to check and confirm an email address (which is perfectly function for all the other communications)?

leilan44
10/19/17

Due to fraud , I am not going to purchase on line a much . I stick with amazon . Some businesses on eBay are also fraud . Unfortunately , purchasing from any business from China could be fraud . I had bad rxieteincecwith eBay and light in the box . The Chinese on line shopping should be banned from
USA or controlled heavily

mandys30
10/19/17

We all know how bad ebay has let themselves get- and they only have themselves to blame, so here is the upside- you CAN take your business elsewhere. You DO only pay 2% commission on the sale of your items+NOT postage cost on 'ebid.net'. You can import ALL of your items with a couple of clicks and save years of time re-listing. You CAN import ALL of your posative feedback rating across from ebay also, the same feedback you have worked so hard to earn. It is an honest community and will be the next 'ebay'! Lets all migrate and be happy campers again-it's been a while....

sherrym68
10/18/17

The fact they keep your money for weeks when you sell something keeps me from selling there anymore . The buying is seemless and perfect .

time146
10/17/17

On several occasions I have sellers back out of transactions. Ebay does nothing and doesn't care.Contacting them is worse than useless.

albertog32
10/16/17

I buy from eBay often and often sell on there. Best sale and buy site for sure. Any products you need used or new they have ready to ship.

billyk23
10/15/17

It is clearly pick and choose. I was selling an item on eBay and had my account suspended for it. Ive seen and also reported other sellers ( to see if they would do anything) not yet. Sadly I feel they pick and choose.

jennifers429
10/13/17

I have sold on EBAY since 2009 and they have changed so much about the selling and buying process. there is no longer any protection for buyer/sellers any longer it is simply a way for eBay to capitalize on selling fees etc. You can no longer list items and sell them with ease. I would suggest craigslist to anyone who would except this sort of buy/selling experience. Brace yourself for disaster.

mariar175
10/12/17

I sold a phone on Ebay to Olyfrank Morales and after the buyer received it he cancelled the payment so Im out of the phone and the money. I called Ebay numerous times and nothing was done. I have removed all my listings, about 30. I was ripped off by a Buyer and Ebay representatives dont care and pretty much told me they cant help and Im going to loose my money if the buyer doesnt decide to pay me. I know my business doesnt matter, Im no one but it will be a cold day if I ever make any more business with Ebay, I have removed all my listings and sell somewhere else. If Ebay is going to allow a criminal to get away with my merchandise and my money than they dont need my business, I really hope that Ebay can help me resolve this issue, if not its not like Ebay is going to go bankrupt. Please help me or my entire family will not do business with Ebay again. Sellers should have a little more warranty than go file on the FBI website a form IC3 and good luck. Not happy at all!! Please dont sell on a website that protects criminals and there is no way to even take the buyer to court because no one will release enough information to sue them. DONT SELL ON EBAY!!!

alessandrap5
10/12/17

The biggest problem here is that this site hasn't got a review section like others have. Sometimes it's difficult to understand how some product is made and the quality of it just by looking at the photos in the description box; and even when there are plenty of photos in it you're never sure if the seller just stole them from another shop. It's a little bit confusing if you plan on buying something that doesn't come from a well-known brand. Some products are cheap but the quality is good, some others are just terrible. I didn't have any particular bad experience with Ebay, you just have to be careful and read everything the seller writes and also try to buy things that were also bought from a lot of other customers.

jerrym114
10/11/17

They work with me every time I have a problem I have been do business with them for over 10 years and have lost no money they have covered or replaced with better merchandise.

chrisd256
10/9/17

I'm buying and also selling in Ebay, for more than 8 years now, and i believe that is almost the biggest electronic market around the world. There is always some exceptions with some of the sellers, that they don't follow the rules but they are so few, that you don't need to think about them.. I recommend it to every one of you.

jensonm8
10/9/17

I ordered a fitrist pulzz watch refurbished.
It mentioned it's 100% working.
And also eBay claim etc etc etc.
When I received item touch not working at all.
I tried to contact eBay and seller.
Seller said claim in eBay or service.
Ebay saying no claim possible only service which I need to do my self. So worst senario.

antoniaw6
10/7/17

Many times I`ve been a buyer and a seller at Ebay and generally the site is very good for such needs. Just care to get some info about the seller you are getting an item from, there are still scams on the market, sadly ;(

oliviaf13
10/7/17

The majority of sellers on eBay are just your neighbor, someone's mom or dad, grandparents, disabled people, just regular people selling items to keep the lights on and food on the table.
Think of how it is for you in your job when you make an error. Think about how you would like to be treated. Was the error so horrible that you deserve to have your pay docked. Was the error so bad that you deserve to be temporarily suspended. Or did you really screw up and deserve to be fired. It's no different for a seller. DSR can and do SIGNIFICANTLY impact a sellers ability to sell on Ebay. And the rules are so strict that even 2 buyers out of 100 transactions can bottom out a seller in the searches if they hit the DSRs while leaving FB. Think about that next time you feel like leaving negative feedback. And sellers think about that before you even join eBay as you'll spend your whole time being at the mercy of buyers and kissing their butts till you can't take the degradation anymore

laurenk53
10/6/17

They claim to have a "Money Back Guarantee" but thats a lot of BS!! I ordered two packages. Both accidentally went to the wrong address. Major user error on my end. But eBay doesn't care about that or their customers. I tried to get a refund for the package and got told no. I went to the neighbors place. They had one of the two that were delivered on the SAME DAY. So I file a claim. The seller couldn't do anything about it since the post office said it was delivered. So I make a half dozen calls and knock on some doors and no one has the package. I file a claim through eBay with zero luck. I kept getting told the same lame story over and over. So now I have to contact PayPal and see if they can do anything at all to help me out. Clearly eBay only cares about making money and not helping very very unhappy customers. They dont even bother to listen to what the real problem is. They dont care about customers at all. I should sue them for the whole 'Money Back Guarantee' bull$#*! scheme theyre playing at.

markw324
10/5/17

**** Sellers get scammed by eBay Read this!!!!****
If you sell anything on eBay the buyer can return it for any reason and they don't even need to return your original item they can return a box of rocks and eBay will force you to give them a refund. If you call eBay and ask them they will tell you this is true. I went all the way to the top of their support and that was the bottom line, "the customer can return anything they want even if it's not the original item and we will refund them. If they keep doing it over and over after a while we will stop them."

luism91
10/4/17

I purchased an item this not received it i opened a case and they took the sellers rout not cool for now on I'll go to Amazon.

edk30
10/3/17

I started visiting eBay when I wanted to replace my rented cable modem. By owning my own I would save $10.00/mo on my cable bill. I was going to buy the Arris gateway but it would have taken 2 years to break even. I noticed the exact cable modem I was renting was available for sale, but with one exception. They were all used. The one exception was a "Lot of 7" modems for around $500.00, so I decided to buy the seven, sell the six I didn't need on eBay and end up with my own for free.
The plan was going so well I decided to buy another lot of seven, and then another. It was easy to get started selling and as the extra modems sold on eBay, I was actually doing quite well financially. However, suddenly the modems I had sold started coming back to me. Evidently the ISP didn't like having their branded devices owned by their customers instead of being rented to them.
In the end I ended up refunding two-thirds of the sold modems, which was made easy with eBay and PayPal, and getting refunded myself for two of the three lots I had purchased, even though the seller was no longer an eBay member. eBay's return policy protected not only my buyers but me as well. Plus, I ended up with the Arris modem I had wanted in the first place from the profits on my non-returned devices. I also learned a lot and really appreciated the policies, assistance and help from eBay.

gidas1
10/2/17

Be carfull - one of the worst robbing sites

Full of thiefs sellers , un authentic items - supported by the site customer service

I had an experience with fashion - all items are announced as original designer - but actually they are piece of trash with high prices - the admin of the site are only supporting their sellers - and let them steel your money .

WARNING Never buy clothes from EBAY gangs - never buy any thing from eBay they will only steal your money for left over garbage

robertop22
9/30/17

A week ago i was looking for a certain kind of shampoo, I added an item to my watch list, but I didn't buy it, a few days later I received the same shampoo, I check my ebay shopping list and the purchase was not registered like it never took place but it did showed up in my statement, I inmediately got in touch with ebay custumer service and they were very rude, they accused me of buying the item by mistake and they said that that was none of their business, they said that I would have to contact the bank which is my next action but I think that at least I deserved some answers not unfounded accusations and a nasty treatment

mattj66
9/28/17

For some reason they seem to put tracking numbers on parcels that aren't even tracked!! I'm a seller and buyer, only use eBay as a way of getting rid of household items.

They also claim arrival dates for items within 2 working days for Royal Mail 2nd class, when this is really is not true.

The new product reviews they have, clearly have a bug as my images in my description page go blank when you cilck on the 'read review's' link at the top.

They always, always, favour the buyer!!!

Tip for eBay appreciate your sellers more and you might attract some more trusted businesses and retailers that run to Amazon!!!

Another terrible part of the eBay seller experience is the fact they take buyers word for if an item was delivered late. Well if you're providing them with a 2 day delivery time for 2nd class which is actually 2-3 working days, then they're going to think it's late!!!!!

You cannot rate a seller on their delivery times based on what buyers constitute as being late. You should only rely on the actual tracked items. None of my items are tracked yet you seem to put on tracking codes from some random generator no doubt, that implies I've dispatched my parcels late, they're not tracked!!! How can you know??!????!?!?!!!! Yet its taken as gospel and lowers your seller rating as a result.

Seriously I've been a small business seller now for over a year now if anyone wants to know the real issues with selling as an eBay premium seller just comment below.

Rant over.

Tip for consumers: Horrendous for sellers.
Claim 2nd class standard parcels are tracked and use it against you on your delivery times.
Always favour the buyer - beware!!!

cb190
9/27/17

Wow, ebay is just terrible. Mostly cheap knock offs and terrible service. This wallet is not authentic, but they didn't seem to care. Why buy junk when you can buy real products elsewhere.

Tip for consumers: Shop somewhere else.

1,463 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

I would never buy a used car without seeing it in person and having it checked out.

By James W. on 2/13/16
Helpful answer

Ebay is a den of thieves. Even Ebay is evasive on complaints to answers. When looking for items, be sure to be fully informed to what you are shopping and use all that knowledge to cypher the listing, even then have found those that list items to be evasive on answers. Avoid ebay if possible!

By BroC H. on 10/10/15
Helpful answer

For their own purposes and to protect dishonest sellers. I was once an avid EBay shopper, but now avoid EBay. Buyer protection no longer exists. You buy at your own risk.

By Christine P. on 11/19/15
Helpful answer

Ebay sells nothing. You are dealing with private sellers. Some are good, some are not. The best way to determine this is to check the feedback. I personally never buy from anyone who has a feedback lower than 90%. 96% is considered bad, by Ebay. Take that with a grain of salt. Ebay management is nuts.

By Valerie F. on 12/24/15
Helpful answer

For myself, will use ebay as a last resort. Ebay is a den of thieves. Had one seller send me a phone book and sex book in place of sander I won to show he sent item of weight and shipped so he could collect off paypal/ebay, found out this seller had ripped off many before ebay closed his "store/ ripoff factory" down. I know they claim to have separated ebay and paypal but my credit card company said its smoke and mirrors, that they still work together. Ebay is on their way out!

By BroC H. on 8/15/15
Helpful answer

Yes . You are right. All what people told you are correct. Don't trust ebay and the seller on ebay. Amazon much better than them. But anyway the best way to buy electronics from the local stores or official stores.

By Alayham A. on 7/11/15
Helpful answer

If you haven't already learned the hard way that Ebay is just pure bull$#*! when it comes to the sellers rights. When someone wants to send it back for any reason other than it doesn't work as described, you will be footing the bill. Not only will you lose the money you paid to ship it to them, Ebay will offer to provide a return label for them at your expense. Yep, that's right. They will bill you the price of the label if you don't provide it. Either way, you are paying for it to get back to you. It's get better. You can't leave negative feedback for the buyer either. It's not an option NO MATTER

By Chris N. on 9/25/16
Helpful answer

Depends on the seller. I wouldn't buy anything off ebay because there a crappy company.

By Greg L. on 10/26/15
Helpful answer

You can contact the seller and ask. Also look at their rating, if it's 99% then they will take care of you! For years, most of my shopping I do is from sellers off Ebay and mostly do great! Good luck!

By brian b. on 12/16/15
Helpful answer

The correct thing to do is to email the seller and tell him you are not satisfied with the product and would like to return it for a refund. Most sellers will work with you. If after contacting the seller your problem is not resolved you than open a case with ebay that you the product is not satisfactory and you would like to return for a refund, Go to the seller first and give him a chance to make it right so it does not ruin his business.

By Shirley M. on 7/21/15
Questions? Get answers from the eBay staff and other customers.

32 Photos for eBay