Review of eBay

Tel: +1.4083767400
hostmaster@ebay.com

gill407
6/27/17

As my friends did , I stopped buying on EBAY because We are tired of looking at that progressive ad everywhere, and their slut. GOODBYE RIDDANCE EBAY!!!

edwardm111
6/27/17

HAVE PURCHASED 6 ITEMS IN LAST 3 MONTHS THAT WERE CANCELLED BY SELLER BECAUSE THEY WERE OUT OF STOCK, YET SHOWED MORE THAN 1 IN QUANTITY ON LISTING. WASN'T INFORMED BY SELLERS FOR 5 DAYS OR MORE, THEY RESPONDED TO EMAILS, ITEMS READY TO SHIP WILL BE PICKED UP BY CARRIER TODAY, TOMORROW, ECT. THEN I GET A CANCEL NOTICE AND REFUND. EACH TIME BECAUSE SELLERS LIED TO ME I LOST MONEY, BECAUSE BY THE TIME THEY INFORMED ME , EITHER ALL SELLERS WERE OUT OF STOCK OR NEXT CLOSET PRICE WAS 50 TO 75 % MORE. WHEN I CONTACTED EBAY CUSTOMER SERVICE, JUST CALL , THEY MAKE YOU JUMP THRU HOOPS IF YOUR TRY TO GO THRU HELP AND CONTACT, THEY SAID THEY WERE EXPERIENCING THIS PROBLEM A LOT. NO 3 RD PARTY SELLERS SHOULD BE ON EBAY, IF THEY DONT PERSONALLY HAVE IT IN STOCK BUT ARE SHIPPING FROM AMAZON OR AS THEY SAY MANY DIFFERENT FACILITIES NATIONWIDE, STAY AWAY. SHIPPING TIME WILL TELL THE TALE. I'VE BEEN A LOYAL EBAY BUYER AND SELLER SINCE 1999, BUT TODAY I QUIT. I WILL NEVER SUGGEST TO A FRIEND TO TRY EBAY AGAIN. AND I URGE YOU TO STOP, ONLY WAY TO GET OUR POINT ACROSS, CUSTOMER SERVICE A JOKE AND EBAY CERTAINLY DOESN'T CARE ABOUT US, THEY HAVE GOTTEN TOO BIG. NOW THEY LET SELLERS CHARGE SALES TAX MORE THAN THE STATE ALLOWS . IN MS ITS 7% ON EBAY MOST SELLERS CHARGE 9.98 FOR MS, AND THEY ARE OUT OF STATE. MS DOEN'T REQUIRE SALES TAX UNLESS SHIPPED FROM WITHIN STATE OR BOUGHT WITHIN STATE PHYSICALLY.

marianno
6/27/17

I have a different alternativ clothings and boots in my wardrobe and Ebay is the place to be. Every online netshop put their clothes -boots for sale and I find absolutely all I want.With Paypal I never have problems with lost items when they are shipped to me. Money back warranty:)) I love Ebay!

douglasb67
6/26/17

Very poor customer service at Ebay. God forbid you have a problem and need assistance, Good luck. You will not reach and agreement and they are very rude on the phone and do not care to help or listen. Avoid Ebay, go to Amazon instead.

salahd
6/26/17

i know ebay customers service are so bad ,people on the phone are very rude and never help but give you hard time ,,bad service bad people so i sold sort 100 shares via tdameritrade this morning for $36.10 now going down to $35 i just made $100 thanks ebay for worst bad service please keep bad service so i could make money by sold short stock market

veronicav18
6/25/17

I ordered two pool items from eBay for the first time and was very pleased. My orders came ahead of time and in great condition. I would order again most definitely.

ratang1
6/25/17

I received the product on 25 may 2017 and it was damaged... I raised the claim on same day.. and it has been 1 month I call them twice day... Everyday I hear same thing that I would receive a call from claim department... On 25 June 2017 eBay people just messaged me that my claim has been rejected... These people are totally in favor of seller... I just lost my 20k of my mobile phone... It is advisable not to buy any products from eBay because of its very bad customer service and also because they send damaged product.

electronicfixe
6/24/17

Ebay doesnt protect its sellers. Its crap. crap crap crap. Ebay doesnt protect its sellers. Its crap. crap crap crap. Ebay doesnt protect its sellers. Its crap. crap crap crap.Ebay doesnt protect its sellers. Its crap. crap crap crap.Ebay doesnt protect its sellers. Its crap. crap crap crap.Ebay doesnt protect its sellers. Its crap. crap crap crap.Ebay doesnt protect its sellers. Its crap. crap crap crap.Ebay doesnt protect its sellers. Its crap. crap crap crap.Ebay doesnt protect its sellers. Its crap. crap crap crap.Ebay doesnt protect its sellers. Its crap. crap crap crap.Ebay doesnt protect its sellers. Its crap. crap crap crap.Ebay doesnt protect its sellers. Its crap. crap crap crap.Ebay doesnt protect its sellers. Its crap. crap crap crap.

rikkib1
6/24/17

I brought a personalised card from a seller on Ebay, the first problem was that they did not put a stamp on the envelope so I had to pay a fee for Royal Mail to deliver to me.

Then I opened the card and it was terrible quality it was something I could have made at home.

I left negative feedback and the seller has started e-mailing me over this, I contacted Ebays "customer services" who said they cans ee the sellers point of view and won't refund me.

The call handler was frankly useless and the message here is don't bother contacting Ebay as they don't care as long as the items are paid for so they get their fees/

Remember that negative feedback is a no no, it should never be used as communicating with a seller after you have received a poor item and had to pay for it to be handed over to you by Royal Mail.

andreac130
6/23/17

Style-trends-365, out of China......They sell cheap price Wigs, I ordered 4 , and got them in over a week + , But they were to small, and hints the drama begins, took days before they would give me and address for the return, Then Never heard from them again, till I wrote 2 of 4 reviews I could give , Then they ,Style-trends, started blowing up my email box, to remove my reviews.But no refund... eBay stepped in and gave me the money for 2 wigs, ohh No, I'm not going to go down with out a fight. I'm owed for 2 more plus shipping. And I wrote and said that to them, No Deal, they said they would refund my money , but First, I had to change my reviews, Told them, they owe me, I don't owe them, they Refund my money, then I'll change it to say so...There not responding but sending me there change the reviews email ,5-6 aday. I ask them to stop, but they act like I've done wrong... God bless

chintog
6/22/17

Everything feels like fake .......i got product which was out of condition after recieved which was not even replaced instead they closed the complain..........flipkart and amazon is 100 times better than this $#*! ebay ......most reviews and products are fake so pls don buy from ebay even if a lill cheaper .......go for any site except ebay

richn14
6/22/17

Some facts to consider before selling on EBAY. #1..you don't have any protection as a seller...THEY ALWAYS TAKE SIDES WITH THE BUYER. #2..they can take money out of your paypal account or debt your credit card without your approval!!! #3..if customer is dissatisfied for any reason they can return your item and EBAY will make you eat the shipping costs both ways!!! If you can find a way to sell your item any other way I recommend it. Other sites also charge a lot less to sell your item.

danielb254
6/20/17

eBay seems like a good thing for the average person to pick up extra income. However, it's really wealthy people getting a percentage of what used to be sold at garage and rummage sales, antique and specialty shows. The regulations, customer service, and usability are all very poorly excecuted, they are certainly not designed for the consumers. I'd rather sell it on Craiglist or a garage sale. I say so long eBay, I am done with you!

jodyc23
6/20/17

I ordered something as a guest even though I had an account. Trying to log in to cancel this order is an absolute nightmare! They sent me a pin. Didn't work. I opted for a new pin by phone call. Didn't work. I have spent approx 1.5 hrs trying to fix this and have ended up so damn frustrated that I now have to suck it up. I will NEVER order from this site again.

judys20
6/18/17

EXCEPT FOR some road-king screwball...some years back-- every auction has been supreme!!! you will always get the best prices...if there is any trouble you can depend on paypal to help you..

briyenc
6/18/17

I WAS AN EBAY CUSTOMER FOR OVER FOUR YEARS. I HAD AN ISSUE WITH WINNING A BID THEY TOLD ME THE INDIVIDUAL BEFORE ME WON THE ITEM AND I HAD THE SAME MAX PRICE. THEY EXPLAIN TO ME IT WAS THEIR FAULT BUT COULD NO COMPENSATE ME IN ANY MATTER AT ALL. WOW I GUESS THEIR CUSTOMERS ARE IMPORTANT HUH.......

kenanl16
6/16/17

I SOLD FEW IPHONES AND IT WAS OK BUT THEN AFTER THAT. I GOT FEW DISPUTE AND I HAVE STOP IT DOING THIS BUSINESS.
EBAY CUSTOMER SERVICE ARE THE worst experience. THE CALL SOMETIMES GO Asian country OR US LOCAL EVERY ONE FROM CUSTOMER SERVICE GIVE]ING ME different option FOR DISPUTE. THATS WHY I CLOSE MY BUSINESS WITH EBAY.

amulyar
6/16/17

Never ever order with eBay. They make u pay, seller doesn't respond, nor the eBay customer service people do. They don't resolve a problem and moreover say they will call you back in 24 hrs with a solution. This call never comes. And we have to call them again following a long calling process. Even then they don't resolve your issue. Still they want to arrange a call back. Rude customer care people. The paisa pay they mention is also useless.
Don't lose your peace of mind by ordering with them

huldad
6/15/17

Ebay is one of this shopping sites online that i use so much.
I just like to spend hours looking, and you always find something great and very special. They are the BEST..!!!

vaism1
6/15/17

as per my personal experince with ebay i would like to inform all of my friends who are doing online shopping, please dont place any order's with them they are crooks and dont reapect their customers. if you will do the same may you will not receive your item it self. i selected rating one because this review does not have neggative rating.

mikem501
6/15/17

They watch out for both parties, I have bought and sold on ebay for years. There are some bad buyers and sellers, but you have the opportunity to rate people and can see who to stay away from.

mwami
6/15/17

This site was created by more greedy megalomaniacs and did not have the best interests of either buyers or sellers at heart.

I have spent a lot of money and HUNDREDS of transactions on EBay. I was even a VIP Member with access to a special expedited 800 help line.

I no longer use EBay and hope PayPal doesn't suck the way EBAY did and does.

The downsides of EBAY are that many traditional sellers are either dumb-dumbs and/or working full time jobs elsewhere. Many are dishonest or just uneducated and do not pay a lot of attention to their storefronts. Youre basically going to a garage sale and rummaging through hoping for a bargain basement deal while getting terrible service.

The best sellers on ebay used to be overseas (mostly Chinese) merchants who were legit full-time businesses. Those sellers can now be found on other wesbites.

EBAY has lost its original purpose and now has terrible partnerships with big name brands. It doesn't work as a straight retail or discount site because the thrill of cheap finds and winning auctions is now gone AND the non-negotiable "buy it now" prices can't compete with other discount retailers like TJ Maxx, Burlington, Amazon or even Target.

The deals are much harder to find.

Goodbye Ebay!

paler
6/13/17

Do not bother with Ebay, after 20 years of torturing sellers and gouging them with ridiculous fees they are finally get flushed down the internet toilet by many sellers. I am very disgusted with them..

johnns
6/13/17

Read our review of eBay and see how this online auction site can help you make some extra money.Product reviews - a new eBay standard. ... Reviews written by eBay buyers have the added benefit of having the seller's username associated with the review.

gilbertp7
6/12/17

I have been an ebayer from the start of their website. I am now getting out and closing my account. I mainly purchase on ebay, however their customer service and feedback system have become a total joke and let Fraudulent Sellers take advantage of buyers. I have moved most of my purchasing online to Amazon. I recently had a ebay purchase that never arrived. The seller would not communicate and when I finally got ebay customer service involved they favored the seller because my item had been delivered, however I never received it. It went back to the seller during shipment. So long story short this seller on ebay got my money and the item for keeps and I got nothing. And it gets better, when I tried to warn other ebayer's about this Fraudulent Seller with there Feedback system, it was removed too because a "Case was Opened". So this Fraudulent Seller made out great and know one knows about his/her operating practices. Ebay has become a joke and a good place to loose your money! Use Amazon it's better!

1,046 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

I would never buy a used car without seeing it in person and having it checked out.

By James W. on 2/13/16
Helpful answer

Ebay is a den of thieves. Even Ebay is evasive on complaints to answers. When looking for items, be sure to be fully informed to what you are shopping and use all that knowledge to cypher the listing, even then have found those that list items to be evasive on answers. Avoid ebay if possible!

By BroC H. on 10/10/15
Helpful answer

For their own purposes and to protect dishonest sellers. I was once an avid EBay shopper, but now avoid EBay. Buyer protection no longer exists. You buy at your own risk.

By Christine P. on 11/19/15
Helpful answer

Ebay sells nothing. You are dealing with private sellers. Some are good, some are not. The best way to determine this is to check the feedback. I personally never buy from anyone who has a feedback lower than 90%. 96% is considered bad, by Ebay. Take that with a grain of salt. Ebay management is nuts.

By Valerie F. on 12/24/15
Helpful answer

For myself, will use ebay as a last resort. Ebay is a den of thieves. Had one seller send me a phone book and sex book in place of sander I won to show he sent item of weight and shipped so he could collect off paypal/ebay, found out this seller had ripped off many before ebay closed his "store/ ripoff factory" down. I know they claim to have separated ebay and paypal but my credit card company said its smoke and mirrors, that they still work together. Ebay is on their way out!

By BroC H. on 8/15/15
Helpful answer

Yes . You are right. All what people told you are correct. Don't trust ebay and the seller on ebay. Amazon much better than them. But anyway the best way to buy electronics from the local stores or official stores.

By Alayham A. on 7/11/15
Helpful answer

If you haven't already learned the hard way that Ebay is just pure bull$#*! when it comes to the sellers rights. When someone wants to send it back for any reason other than it doesn't work as described, you will be footing the bill. Not only will you lose the money you paid to ship it to them, Ebay will offer to provide a return label for them at your expense. Yep, that's right. They will bill you the price of the label if you don't provide it. Either way, you are paying for it to get back to you. It's get better. You can't leave negative feedback for the buyer either. It's not an option NO MATTER

By Chris N. on 9/25/16
Helpful answer

Depends on the seller. I wouldn't buy anything off ebay because there a crappy company.

By Greg L. on 10/26/15
Helpful answer

You can contact the seller and ask. Also look at their rating, if it's 99% then they will take care of you! For years, most of my shopping I do is from sellers off Ebay and mostly do great! Good luck!

By brian b. on 12/16/15
Helpful answer

The correct thing to do is to email the seller and tell him you are not satisfied with the product and would like to return it for a refund. Most sellers will work with you. If after contacting the seller your problem is not resolved you than open a case with ebay that you the product is not satisfactory and you would like to return for a refund, Go to the seller first and give him a chance to make it right so it does not ruin his business.

By Shirley M. on 7/21/15
Questions? Get answers from the eBay staff and other customers.

30 Photos for eBay