US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

michaelb417
9/27/16

We purchased eBay item number 201655246316, Kate Spade Tonti Street Cat Crossbody Clutch Handbag Lucky PINK KITTY HELLOTOKYO from eBay seller zengx031. The item is described as "New with tags: A brand­ new, unused, and unworn item (including handmade items) in the original packaging (such as the original box or bag) and/or with the original tags attached."

However, upon receiving the item (a white purse), we immediately noticed several smudges
on the front flap that had not been disclosed and that do not meet reasonable expectations for a "new " item. We thought this might be dirt, so we gently wiped it with a soft cloth, without effect. We then posted photos of the defect and asked the seller for a refund. This was refused, so we appealed to eBay.

eBay ruled against us on the basis that attempting to wipe what appeared to be dirt from the item constituted "modification" of the item, thus voiding the warranty. Several long discussions with eBay failed to result in a refund. However, several eBay representatives agreed with us that the spots we photographed are faintly visible on the seller's own photographs of the item, if one knows where to look.

senstationl
9/27/16

I had pretty good success with Ebay sales until three weeks ago suddenly all sales stopped. I tried to figure out what was going on and found out that filters that can separate US sellers from the rest of the world do not work. All my attempts to find US suppliers including myself of novelty product that I am selling was comsistently bringing me sellers from China and few European ones. None from US. I made several inquiries with their support team and three weeks past still nothing. Looks like Asia outsmarted Ebay programmers!

tatiannaa
9/27/16

Great Products, Fair prices, and majority great sellers. Any product that I was dissatisfied with I was given full refunds, and allowed to keep product for my troubles.

anaa31
9/26/16

It was a worse experience of buying products from Ebay, I bought a "shake & take" (fruitshake maker machine) of cost 1500/- (which has only prepaid option) and it not even get switched on for a single time. Moreover it's jar was defected and when I raise a complain then I was being assured to get a reshipping and cancellation of my order. I was told that a Currier person will come and I have to take picture of the receiving and bla bla bla ... BUT the Currier person never came and surprisingly my issue get closed from Ebay side within one week. They are now completely denting to handle this issue and telling me to ship the item by myself and talk to the seller personally for reimbursement which is definitely a complete mess.

Do Ebay think that the customers have ample of time of deal with these matters, customer will reship and deal with the seller, or it is Ebay's responsibility to give all the service to the customers and that too for a damaged product.

Anyways... thankfully we have a lot of better online store (like Pepperfry, Amazon etc.) that we don't have to suffer with such worst Ebay service. I have bought a lots of online products but never face such issue.

evtimg
9/26/16

I had a very bad experience with the eBay claim resolution center, having a case # 5112713315 for a package that I have paid but did not receive. The seller was The final resolution was that the tracking information shows the item is delivered. Unfortunately I Did not receive it!
Even I have asked a scanned prove of delivery to be sent to me - nothing sent!
I think that here in eBay you cannot relay on their service and you can lose your money. I personally will never ever use their services. With the package I have lost 60 USD.
Having an order in the eBay it is equal to a deal. Based on it I have Paid. No body care for my package and just answer - tracking information shows delivered! Who provides the tracking information? The Carrier should have a signed document for the delivery. Where it is? The packages should also be insured? Is it? Where my money or Package are?
I could not trust anymore that eBay will stay behind me and will care for my interests.
Dear consumers you are alone and there is no way to claim your money and your rights.
If somebody knows how I could get my money - please let me know.

daisyx
9/23/16

Better portable charger. It can use over 85% battery . Brand items, can offer one year warranty.

Tip for consumers: Great power bank !

swatis11
9/23/16

EBay does'nt provide original product.. nd not give any warranty for any product... I purchase my iPhone from eBay. It's to much heating from 1st day.. I went to care center, they said there is no warranty of your iPhone... So pls don't go for purchase any thing from eBay... Go on flipkart

yaroslavk3
9/22/16

For me as a customer the experience has been great so far.

harryh59
9/21/16

Ebay has done more for promoting worldwide competition which has lowered prices and improved service than any other entity. Buy a watch battery? Get a 5 pack delivered to your mailbox for less than half of what it would cost you for one after taking an hour to drive to the store. Garage door opener? Sky lantern? Chanel purse? Printer? Cell phone case or charger?

Buyers: only buy from experienced sellers with excellent feedback and use PayPal.
Sellers: great for selling rare or unusual items, especially if they are not produced any longer.

zhehuil
9/21/16

I bought two phones on eBay from two different sellers: one in California another in China. The California seller claimed the Samsung Galaxy S4 phone was lightly used. I used a software to test it and found that this phone had been charged over 1000 times. I returned it at my shipping cost. The Chinese seller claimed new LG G4 but actually it was water damaged. I returned it to China at my shipping cost over $35. Both eBay and PayPal have policies on return shipping cost. They have to pay the return shipping cost. However, they have never refunded my shipping costs or offered me free return shipping. Bye bye eBay, and bye bye PayPal.

madhukarb
9/21/16

they will mention full refund guaranteed, but it is not true. if we are not satisfied, they will deny to make refund. please don't buy anything from ebay.

Tip for consumers: DONT BUY FROM EBAY

nicac
9/17/16

Ordered d tory burch cork shoes from one seller and it's fast, safe and efficient

susanp98
9/16/16

I have been buying on Ebay for 14 years and recently started selling I found
them to be helpful and learned from my mistakes. Consider selling you might
have things that people want and they will pay good money for it.

derrickb18
9/15/16

Purchased an item from dealsrus, the item stopped working, dealsrus wouldn't even respond to my inquiries for replacement or refund. eBay had no interest in helping me. Beware of dealsrus! Closed my eBay account & now using Amazon Prime.

susanm232
9/13/16

Ebay in Belgium is not that popular. Here in the US it is a great site. Spent the summer here in CA and bought some fab accessories for myself. Thanks Ebay.

nicollem4
9/11/16

I called to talk to Customer Service because even though I didn't want to deal with shipping a headboard and clearly wrote "local pick up" on my ad, I was invoiced $153 for shipping from UPS for agreeing to sell to someone out of state if she made the arrangements. I talked to some guy in Customer Service for 15 minutes who wasted my time by making me repeat myself and had absolutely no advise for me. I kept asking for a supervisor and he kept putting me on hold and then saying the same thing. I realize this was UPS' fault and I will probably have to deal with them to fix it, but my first thought was to call Ebay since I sold it on there. I thought maybe they had seen this happen before and would have some suggestions. All this guy did was infuriate me more. Terrible customer service, if you can even call it that.

adrienned12
9/10/16

I brought and Infini Empreinte Speedy 30 at the Louis Vuitton store. Last year I sold this purse to a buyer on Tradesy. My buyer sold this bag on the resale market that led to Smiley7938 getting this bag. She impersonated me by showing a receipt with my name on it and falsely saying she is the original owner of the bag. The seller is committing fraud by pretending to be me on her listing on EBay. In addition, she lied to her buyers to avoid them knowing the bag has been owned by other people before them. This seller is unethical. My name and original owner needs to be removed from her listing. It is not fair to the buyers and me for my name to be tied to her sale. Why cant she use her own name to sell her bag? She has broken my privacy by using my name without my permission. I have contacted the seller repeatedly to remove my name from her listing and she has refused to do the right thing. EBay needs to remove my name off her listing becauseSmiley7938, their member, refused to herself.

colleenk5
9/10/16

I Have purchased 21 items on Ebay it is so easy. You can sit at home and buy things you want new or slightly used. I have purchased handbags,wallets, jackets, boots and hats. It has been very nice I have not had any problems. Everyone I have dealt with have been so easy to work with. If you haven't shopped on Ebay you have to give it a try. You can buy car parts to clothing etc. Thanks

hiteshr
9/8/16

very nice love to buy this again

jamesm510
9/7/16

Venezia International
Venezia International scammer.
This place of this site scammed me costing me thousands they are on all these sites so please stay away from them!
Dont trust Venezia International!

nikkim23
9/6/16

I know there are technically sales where you don't need paypal but they are few and far between. And if you don't use PayPal you can get scammed because ebay let's it happen. You also need a paypal account even to use an eBay giftcard! Rubbish and they could make so much more money if they were more like their rival. I can't use ebay the site is useless to me, shame.

jins5
9/6/16

Stay away! So disappointed! They say their customer service is friendly and guarantee money back, but they are deceiving and horrible to contact! I lost $500 from Disney tickets cause the seller was a jack ass and cheated me and wouldn't give me the money back! I hate dealing with this company! Worst experience ever!!!

mariob41
9/4/16

I've used it for four years and I have few complaints. I've even sold on it. The customer service is fast, considering it's a massive organisation. Most things are thought of and the site is comprehensive. I've had a few issues with buyer and sellers, but they've usually sorted themselves out. The protection on purchases also is really good. Allows the buyer and forces the seller to be ethical.

lillyl10
9/1/16

I paid for an item on 8/7 to "dragonprincess" in Ebay. ETA was 8/17 & on 8/19 i requested refund. Item finally arrived that same evening...two days after ETA! I left negative feedback for lack of communication & slow shipping. I understand not refunding since i FINALLY receiced the item but my feedback was also deleted & was blocked from leaving negative feedback stating i received the item! Hello! My feedback was true....no communication & shipping was done two weeks after payment. Why can't i exoress my negative experience with dragonprincess?

bettyr22
9/1/16

Ebay is not bad at all. I get a lot of good things there. At least they have a way to get hold of someone if you have a problem.

1,045 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

36 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the eBay staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
3 days ago
Answer
chrisn32
A: If you haven't already learned the hard way that Ebay is just pure bull$#*! when it comes to the sellers rights. When someone wants to send it back for any reason other than it doesn't work as described, you will be footing the bill. Not only will you lose the money you paid to ship it to them, Ebay will offer to provide a return label for them at your expense. Yep, that's right. They will bill you the price of the label if you don't provide it. Either way, you are paying for it to get back to you. It's get better. You can't leave negative feedback for the buyer either. It's not an option NO MATTER
2 days ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
8/9/16
Answer
annas167
A: See if you can use a computer or a laptop
3 days ago