Review of Saks Off 5th

SERVICE@SAKSOFF5TH.COM
2018 Customer choice award

vjs3
3/20/19

Too many things that went wrong. Had to make over a dozen calls from sending out wrong items, to cancelling some items without telling me, to not refunding me for items that were returned. a 4 week ordeal and speaking with these idiots was like talking to a wall and expecting a response. If you do get a supervisor, they were less empathetic to their terrible service I received and their mistakes. They ripped me off on my one refund and still waiting on 3 others and it's been 3 weeks. On p[hone now waiting for a supervisor and have written 4 reviews on them while I waited.

izzyh6
3/14/19

Last call Neiman Marcus puts this company to shame! How can the Consumer Services allow such a large company to sell items online that need to be tried on to see if they fit by saying ":final sale". No other company I know refuses to return an item if it does not fit! I tried to return a pair of shoes that did not fit and I was told there was no way I could return them as they were a "final sale"!! How ridiculous is that? So now I am stuck with a pair of shoes that do not fit and cannot return them. I then walked across ( at the Block in Orange, California) to Last Call Nieman Marcus to return 3 items without a receipt that I had misplaced. An amazing sales associate by the name of JR Salas called the online department and was able to locate my account and within minutes they refunded me for the items and I was on my way. Simple and painless compared to the argument I went through at Off Sacks. Also consumers be aware that when they advertise 30% off your whole purchase or 50% off or 75% off the final price of the item never changes. Pick a few items and put them in your cart. Check everyday at the specials they advertise and you will find they just increase the price and the take off what they are advertising to bring the price right back to what it was originally. Such a SCAM!!! Off Saks is definitely OFF my radar as of today and I will be sending a complaint to the Department of Consumer Affairs.

lynnp23
2/19/19

Saks Off 5th's unacceptable, unprofessional, and potentially unlawful online selling practices include advertising and selling inventory that is unavailable, failing to issue refunds in a timely manner, shipping incorrect and/or damaged merchandise and not refunding consumers for the shipping expense following the return of the wrong/defective product, and rendering substandard customer service. Unfortunately, the Canadian parent company (Hudson's Bay) is unwilling to assist customers with a Saks Off 5th issue of concern. Thus, consumers can file a complaint against Saks Off 5th with the (US) Federal Trade Commission for deceptive, fraudulent, and other problematic business transactions. In addition, customers should notify their banking institution and initiate a full refund to their credit card.

sarab229
2/14/19

Please please please do not order from this company! I ordered a pair of boots back in December never received them called them and they said they were out of order which didn't make sense because I received a tracking number that they were on the way. I waited a month supposedly they were back in stock I had the guy ordered them over the phone for me got another tracking number never received them called them back and said they were unable to deliver them because the address was wrong somehow the guy screwed that up. Apparently they got sent back to the warehouse and was told that they had to send in a request that took 24 to 48 hours to respond back I've waited almost 2 weeks now I've had to call every day they're extremely rude to deal with and somehow this is now my fault and they're saying do you want the shoes or not? I said are you kidding me I've been wanting them send them to me...They promised they were going to overnight them but they are still waiting on some requests to hear back that they originally said will take 24 to 48 hours it's been almost 2 weeks! None of it makes sense everybody's read to deal with I find it very odd that every single person is a foreigner which makes me think that this company is not legit let's see if I get my money back because apparently there was never any issues to begin with because they never sent them! Save your money go somewhere else do not deal with this company. they promised they were going to overnight them but they are still waiting on some request to hear back that they originally said will take 24 to 48 hours it's been almost 2 weeks! None of it makes sense everybody is rude to deal with I find it very odd that every single person is a foreigner which makes me think that this company is not legit let's see if I get my money back because apparently there was never any issues to begin with because they never sent them! Save your money go somewhere else do not deal with this company

antonp36
2/13/19

first of all they've sent damaged item,second of all they told me fedex will pick it up in certain day ,never showed up ,was waiting for them to pick it up for 3 days ! what a $#*!ty service!

tienn10
2/12/19

<Saksoff5th>: I had placed order # 006867197 (10 items) and got their confirmation on December 14, 2018.
However, I only received 1 item on December 23, 2018.The rest 9 items were supposed to arrive on December 28, 2018 (as their notice emailed) but I have NOT received the 9 items until NOW (Jan 10, 2019). No email notice, no refund. Emailing them several times but no feedback. If you know how to contact them, please advise....

kims514
1/17/19

Purchase two fur pieces and a discounted price. They cancel it because of a glitch in there system. Did not call send email they refuse to honor the price I purchase online.

mariei10
1/12/19

Received my order within 2days. Purchased a leather jacket great price no problems.
I would and will order from them again.

elizabethr386
1/9/19

I was promised a partial refund for these hats since I bought three. It has now been 2 months since I was promised my money back and we have reached Saksoff5th 4 separate times and they promised the money back each time and still nothing. Very disappointed and do not know if I will continue shopping here if they make false claims and promises.

yuo1
1/9/19

STAY AWAY FROM THEIR ONLINE STORE!! THEY STEAL MONEY! IT'S A FRAUD! I spent countless hours on the phone trying to get a refund for items i DIDN'T receive!! They are plain rude and not even trying to help! Contacting my credit card and filing a claim.

patrickr136
12/25/18

This discount store is off....very off!
Read carefully the discount add, and the tiny letters ad the end off the add, also be careful at check out for fine prints.

michellec509
12/22/18

Horrible customer service. Lost my package 6 days ago, said they would follow up in 5 days with a resolution. Day 5 arrives so I call and said still no answer but I would for sure hear something the next day. Called back at day 6 and Lisa could have cared less I was upset. If you want any promise of customer service DO NOT BUY HERE!

janed451
12/17/18

I placed for orders between November 20th and December 12th for the same pair of boots. Why? Saks kept cancelling it for "security reasons." However A) one order was through PayPal B) one order was made over the phone to a customer service agent in response to the cancellation of order #1 C) I got notifications from my credit cards that the transactions had been authorized and D) I called and provided all info to customer service.
They were trash. Around the second cancellation customer service began saying that A) they couldn't honor the original sale price because their "computers only go up to 20%." Then they began referencing a shadowy security/verification team that apparently is like a slow, incompetent retail death panel without any recourse or appeal. When I asked for a manager they said there wasn't one on site, it was just a phone number. They're all a useless happy band of fraudulent, obfuscating morons who seem bound and determined to make sure you miss out on Black Friday sales and whomever you were buying a gift for NEVER will get it. They literally cancelled my orders 6 days after they were placed, which is when they should have ARRIVED. And it was after I called and provided all the information necessary to prove my identity to customer service. Of course, they didn't even know if it was an identity issue? I ended up ordering from Nordstrom and they completed the order without a peep. Didn't even cancel once.
To me it seems obvious that Saks is advertising sale prices that it cannot honor at volume. It's flailing financially, and using the bait-and-switch to inflate sales figures and traffic. It's illegal, and I believe (and have recommdnded) that they are investigated for false advertising. I believe others should as well.

ashleyk138
12/13/18

Ordered an expensive coat online and was sent the wrong item. Called customer support as the item was sold out online and was told it was available in the New York store (which I don't live anywhere near). I called New York and was in the phone for an hour just to have them tell me that they didn't have the coat, but that I could return the wrong one in my nearest store. Drove to the Leesburg location to be told that I couldn't return it there since the store was closing permanently but that I could return it at the fairfax location. Drove to fairfax (an hour away) only to be told that I couldn't return the item there because they don't sell that coat in the fairfax store. While there I asked the manager to see a ring in the jewelry cabinet and he said he would be right back...20
MINUTES LATER I left and still had not seen the ring I asked about as the manager never came back. I called customer support again to complain and was told a locator order could be placed to see if any stores had the coat and I would hear back within 7 days....no response. Followed up win an additional email to customer support and never heard back. Just received an email that the coat I returned had been received, but that I would be charged return shipping costs and that my refund amount wouldn't include the tax I had paid. Absolutely outrageous experience. I WILL NEVER SHOP AT SAKS OFF FIFTH AGAIN. Buyers beware.

andrewi3
12/10/18

I have made a few sizable purchases from Saks Off 5th (SO5) over the last 3 months. I have to say they have been the worst online experience I have EVER had and I purchase online very frequently. Not only is the site terrible and buggy and most things you add to your basket are actually not available when you go to checkout (lost 10 out of 16 items basket) and could not use my account to check out. Had to spend 2 hours on phone with SO5 support and only solution was to check out as "Guest". I gave SO5 benefit of doubt again and placed an order Jan 19. I NEVER received an invoice or confirmation of the order nor a single communication in regards to shipping/tracking. I have had my credit card charged and after 3 weeks received 5 of 17 items purchased!!!! Terrible!!! I had to call and request a copy of the original order confirmation and an update on shipping status/tracking and again NOTHING!!!!! After calling I have sent two follow up emails...again no response. SO5 is supposed to be a premier retailer...receiving confirmation of your order and shipping status is table steaks for being an online retailer...SO5 cannot even do this well!!!! This is by far the most frustrating company I have ever dealt with online

daleb159
12/3/18

I ordered 2 different items from the same designer and was send two of the exact same items. When I called to get a return authorization I was told I would have to pay full price to buy the item again because they do not do exchanges and the item was no longer on sale!!! That is how they handle their errors! I will never order from this company again!

debw77
11/24/18

Dressing room dirty. Staff stands around on cellphones. Very poor customer service at this location. Not impressed. Need better management.

carinac7
10/7/18

I would like to give 4.5 star to Saks fifth Avenue Off fifth for delivering the exact bags I purchased online. At first, I was too worried if it will arrive here in Oman, since a lot of reviews were quite alarming. But then, I received the courier c/o Borderfree via DHL today and I am happy with it (2 bags in good condition and with dust bag each, sealed in a plastic bag).
The online customer care service is also prompt to give assurance about the transaction when I was on doubt and troubled.
Overall, I can almost give a 5 star but the only flaws here is the Versace strap, nevertheless, I still love it!

Thanks

stuartf36
10/7/18

Do not order from Saks if you are overseas, spent nearly gbp500 on a chocolate diamond, eventually arrived after the birthday but it was nothing like the website, tiny poor quality diamond and not chocolate, looked used and dirty. Returned item and after several months and many chases, received purchase price, I had been chasing them for UK Custom duty as they returned item to USA from UK but finally after many chases and 6 months, they stated cannot help, its up to you!
I thought US customer service was good, but not in this case!

steveh619
9/29/18

In April, 2018 I ordered a Tuxedo shirt for a wedding. The item was on sale for $183.0. When I received the shirt, I was shocked to see that Saks
Fifth Avenue sent me a used shirt wrapped in, what appears to be, a dry cleaning clear plastic bag. The shirt had a soiled collar, missing a button and looked raggedy. I called customer service within the hour, but all they had to say; "just return it to us and we will give you a 5% discount on your next purchase". That was the quality of Saks' customer service!

janicep75
9/28/18

They sent me the WRONG SIZE dress. I ordered a size 0 and was sent a size 10! ZERO to TEN.
When I called the customer service, the process was long-winded (I had to send a picture of the product, etc - what for? they need proof that they screwed up badly) and they explained that they use FedEx to pick up the product. It was such a waste of time. Or if I won't be home for FedEx pick-up (which I obviously would not be), I can pay for return postal myself and get returned later (after I provided all the documentation to show what I spent on postal).
Thankfully, I registered with ShopRunner and I didn't need to do anything with Shoprunner - I just needed to print my return label online. Should have just done that from the start without reporting their mistake. Stay away!

ap280
9/28/18

They sent me the a completely different pair of shoes than what I ordered (correct box, wrong pair of shoes), and initially when I explained the issue, customer service told me I could return the shoes and had FedEx come pick up the shoes from me to send them back, no problem.... Then a few weeks later, I received the shoes back in the mail with a letter saying the shoes could not be returned because they "were not sold by Saks Fifth Avenue Off 5th." Customer service told me the warehouse looked into the situation and reported that the correct item was shipped, and they refused to credit my return. Complete BS. Now I'm stuck paying for a pair of shoes that I didn't order and can't wear.

martyd24
9/10/18

The last few orders I've placed have been canceled because item is unavailable. Disappointing.

By the way, merch is much better online than in Saks Off 5th stores.

susans834
9/5/18

i spent two hours ordering my valentino studded bag in black i did all the right things gave my visa card info offered my security code which was refused....did not receive my coveted bag for ten days when i called they said oh it was cancelled because i did not give them my security number...also never received confirmation on the original order ...now the bag is sold out after another two hours of discussing my problem agreed to buy the bag in another color and then HE HUNG UP...well professional is not key with saks off fifth...do not shop here it will only aggrevate the heck out of you..
susan s brooklyn new york

norikoc
9/2/18

I wish I could give them 0 or negative rate.
I purchased Steve Madden pool sandal at Gilroy, CA store. Well I received 2 LEFT FOOT sandals.
I called store and they told me they didn't take mail return. Ok now I contacted customer service. They said if you buy item at a store, they have to handle issues. Does that mean I have to drive 2 hours spend my time and gas money listen their favor?
Such a incredible company.

130 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

My designer leather jacket was real leather. Saw same identical jacket in store for double the price and more.

By Marie I.

I have shoprunner so my 2 day delivery was 2 days&nbsp; On time

By Marie I.

Questions? Get answers from the Saks Off 5th staff and other customers.

15 Photos for Saks Off 5th