US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

jimc165
9/24/16

I got to know about DSW through a colleague who told me that DSW sells good shoes. I love shoes a lot and can spend my money buying shoes. So I checked DSW and saw some good shoes. They looked good in the eyes. I bought three pairs of shoes and three hand bags. I didn't use those shoes up to four time before they began to peel. The leather is so fake though looked genuine. The bags are still okay but the shoes are written off. Complete waste of money.

terinah1
7/25/16

My eldest daughter got me on DSW. Rewards, sales...all there. The one thing I will pay out some money for is shoes, luckily with dsw you really don't need to if your patient.

debrah41
6/28/16

I placed an order online Sunday evening and within 10 minutes realized I had order the wrong item. I called customer service and canceled the order. I was assured it was in fact canceled. Imagine my surprise when yesterday I received an email stating the item shipped! I again called customer service who agreed I had canceled the order. Money was taken from my bank account. No way to stop shipment and now I have to wait for delivery send item back and wait an additional 5 days for a refund! Rip off. Not even an apology from them. NEVER again will I buy from or recommend DSW!

johnm786
5/31/16

I bought a pair of Keen Targhee II Hiking shoes for $124.95. These seemed like very good shoes. I had a coupon on my phone and wanted it to be honored for $20 off. I got a call and lost the coupon. I was told come back when you find the coupon. I know Batteries Plus, Kohls and Walmart both honor coupons to keep customers happy on the spot. Well I got home trying to find my coupon on line again and found the same shoes at Cabellas for $99.95 a $25 dollar savings. I went back to see if they would price match a competitors price with printed proof. I was told they only price match DSW store prices. Why would DSW have different prices in there stores. The girl said sorry. Then I told them then I am returning the shoes. I was told I had to have the receipt for a return. I did and I got my money back. I went to the manufacturer's website and found the list price to be $125.00 and I paid $124.95. I guess 5 cents makes it a discounted shoe. I don't feel they are trustworthy anymore and they sure don't discount much.

darlenel14
5/24/16

I was very impressed with the service I received from Ruby at The DSW shoe warehouse in Elk Grove, California. She went above and beyond to help me find the exact shoes I was looking for. She was very pleasant and knowledgeable. I found the perfect place to go when shopping for shoes. Thanks Ruby.
darlene

teresam65
5/19/16

Tried to buy shoes at the DSW Asheville NC store. Could not use debit card as credit card. Had to have a pin number which I do not have and will not use if I did at a register. Manager said it was a corporate thing. So guess I'm no longer a DSW Shoes customer until they get this fixed.

donnay5
5/14/16

I was in a DSW store today looking for shoes to wear for work. None of the employees asked me if I needed help, so I had to walk all over the store to find a worker. When asking the girl if they had any kind of work shoes in womens she had no clue and she did not know of any type of shoes that she would recommend. So I would have liked to talk to a manager or someone that had knowledge with shoes. I did not get the help I needed, so I left the store dissappointed.

jackiem56
5/9/16

I was looking for some new shoes to wear on an upcoming trip (7 day cruise to Alaska). I've been in love with the black and white Guess shoes for several years now but unfortunately they've stopped making them in the black and white. I decided to check out DSW.con because I've heard wonderful things about them in the past.
Before purchasing I looked around for any deals or coupon codes online and found one for $20 off any $40 or more purchase - I found the shoes I wanted, black and white converse and immediately checked out. I typed in the coupon code I had found online but the site wouldn't accept it. I tried about 4-5 times before giving up and opting to contact customer service via live chat. At this point I had about 10 minutes before I had to leave the house for an appointment but the lady was super nice and quickly worked with me to figure out that the code I was trying was a misprint. I figured that I was s.o.l. and would have to either leave the shoes behind or pay full price. BUT, the super awesome lady offered to honor the code by having me purchase the shoes at full price and then give her my order # so she could go in and refund the $20 - I just received my credit card statement a few days ago and sure enough she had knocked off $20.
The shoes arrived in less than a week, look SUPER cute and the best part, they're very comfortable.

I'll definitely be a repeat customer!

Thank you, DSW!

sonag
3/21/16

Horrible Horrible service. They lie about everything and also are extremely rude. The customer service representative hung up on me for telling him about my terrible experience at the store. I'm very disappointed.

denised48
2/23/16

I was at your Oak Brook store yesterday and was helped by Sandra M. with my return. She is a great asset to your company. She is kind, helpful and very professional. I thought I had both of my receipts and one was the wrong one. She took the time to call to get the information needed to process the return. DSW is fortunate to have Sandra on its team!

diundrah
2/10/16

THEY NEVER RETURNED MY MONEY! AFTER, BEING TOLD 2-3 TIMES THAT MY MONEY SHOULD BE PUT BACK INTO MY ACCOUNT IT NEVER WAS. I ORDERED A PAIR OF BOOTS, THEY NEVER TOLD ME THEY WERE OUT OF AND CONVERSE, THEY SENT THEM BACK BECAUSE I PUT MY P.O BOX ON MY ADDRESS, REALLY? DO NOT BUY NOR SHOP FROM HERE IF YOU WANT YOUR MONEY TAKEN AWAY FROM YOU AND NEVER RETURNED!!

melodyg2
2/3/16

It's better than any other online store I know because, I actually got what I ordered for with a better price.I just love how amazing it is for me,it's for sure a website that I will be using again with no problems.

nancyz13
1/16/16

I ordered a pair of boots online and recieved the wrong size, so I had to go to the store, according to the website, that had my size. They didn't have my size so I had to return the boots and make another order. I just received my correct size but the boots look awfully worn and my excitement for the shoes is just GONE. Now I'm not sure if it's even worth it to try and make an exchange since customer service is TERRIBLE.

srk
1/14/16

Recently I made a purchase thru customer service (via telephone) and as usual I was extremely satisfied with the professionalism of the staff plus their ability to help you out with your questions. In addition, when the shoes arrived in overnite method they were perfect too. My husband and I buy all our shoes at DSW and you must visit the San Francisco store. It is huge and wonderful with a great staff to help you.

amarih
1/7/16

I am so fed up with DSW! I ordered a pair of sneakers and some boots from online 12/18/15, it is now 1/7/16 a whole new year. My boots ended up getting cancelled, and my sneakers never arrived because of the P.O BOX BEING ON THE ADDRESS? REALLY? I already done called DSW twice and they were suppose to return my money. The man said they would return my money 3-5 days, its been six days. It does not take this long, and I will keep calling and calling until I get my money back.

steves207
1/2/16

Good variety but be prepared to wait. Waited over 30 minutes on a Saturday watching only TWO cashiers. Manager walked by and said "sorry I have to be on the floor" then walked back to his office. It was January 2. A slow shopping day. Not good!

maryp105
12/24/15

DSW has shoes, shoes and more shoes! All your favorite designer shoes in a variety of styles, colors and textures. Here's the great thing about DSW...the sales!!! Check out gorgeous well-made stilettos, wedges, or flats from 25 up to 75 percent off the regular prices!!! It pays to get on their mailing list as well for more reasons to shop DSW..especially if you are a shoe lover like me

evelync19
12/24/15

Ordered a pair of shoes online. Received a completely different shoe. Send back the wrong item after emailing someone from dsw customer care. Two weeks later, still no pair of shoe and no refund/exchange and no word from customer service. Credit card company give them two more weeks if not i will be completing a claim with my credit card company. DSW you have lost my business. Been a nightmare!

ashleyr56
12/22/15

I placed an order on December 14th, but never received a confirmation email about my purchase. Decided to give them a few days; maybe they were busy. Finally emailed customer service on December 19th; never got a response. Emailed another email I could find for them; no response. Got someone on chat tonight and it is honestly no help. They cannot give me a tracking number for my order because I had it shipped to the store. All they can tell me is that it will be there "soon" and the store will contact me in 48-72 hours. Fun fact DSW, it's Christmas and in 72 hours it will be too late. I can honestly say that I will not be ordering anything else from DSW online.

Lastly, I would have given them zero stars, but this site made me pick one.

Tip for consumers: Go buy in store; do not order online.

barbr23
12/18/15

I ordered a pair of B.O.C. shoes online for an excellent price. They were delivered on 12/14/15, but left on a back patio so I didn't find them for two days. The shoes are clearly worn, scratched up and stretched out. I have been trying to get thru to a CSR but after a half dozen attempts lasting over a half hour each, I've given up. I will have to fight crowds to return these crappy shoes to a store, and probably have to argue with what will surely be some underpaid sales clerk. I will never buy anything from this place again, either in the store or online. Worse customer service I have ever seen.

mercyb4
12/17/15

I got my order I placed online and realized the size was small. I picked a fon to call customer service just to ask if I can exchange in their store. I stayed on the fon first for 15 minutes, second for 35 minutes. After 35 minutes, I could not even hear the waiting song. I hanged up and called again. Stayed on for like 17 minutes, someone comes on the fon and I just complained about how long I have been on the line. This representative never said a word and stayed on the line till I said hello again and then she tells me '' I'm still here''. DSW needs to step up their customer service. You don't treat customers like you don't need them.

kesiar
12/15/15

I HAD THE GREAT MISFORTUNE OF ORDERING FROM DSW. NEVER GOT MY ORDER. CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE 5 TIMES. THE FIRST 4 AFTER ABOUT 15-25 MINUTES I WAS DISCONNECTED. THE FIFTH TIME I WAITED OVER AN HOUR FOR SOMEONE TO PICK UP AFTER DEALING WITH THE COMPUTER. THE ANSWER I GOT FROM THE CUSTOMER SERVICE REP: KEEP ON WAITING. ITS BEEN TWO WEEKS. BUT KEEP WAITING. HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO WAIT? ANSWER: JUST TRY BACK IN A COUPLE DAYS TO SEE IF DSW WILL START AN INVESTIGATION. NOW I HAVE TO CONTACT GOD KNOWS WHO TO REPORT THEM FOR TAKING MY MONEY AND NEVER SENDING ME THE PRODUCT. WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH AND I DO MOST MY SHOPPING ONLINE. ITS DISGRACEFUL THAT PEOPLE RUN A COMPANY LIKE THIS. IF I WASNT SO MAD, I WOULD BE EMBARASSED FOR THEM.

tracil7
12/4/15

I just left DSW. I found a pair of boots for $199. There are price match signs everywhere and even announcements in the store. I looked online and found them on Amazon for $80! The exact same pair!! They refused to price match because they said Amazon is a "bidding" website!!! I walked out. My boots will be here in 2 days! No sales tax... No shipping.

mercym7
12/2/15

I tried to get some assistance thru the live chat numerous times,however it was never available. I called their customer service line was on hold for over 35 minutes, I tried at different times of day and I never got thru. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE.

lilysl
12/1/15

I needed to make a simple change of address before my orders shipped. I waited 45 minutes for the first representative who (accidentally?) hung up on me. Then 1 hr and 5 minutes for the second rep to assist me...JUST to have the shoes shipped to my old address still! Omg, how can the service be so NON-EXISTENT? How do you run a company like that? What are there a million people calling support or you have literally just 5 people staffed to answer calls around the holiday season? Horrible shipping.

OH, and their email support format is broken. The page is a 404 not found. Like...really. You don't allow customers to email you? Jesus, and I haven't heard a peep back when I did find an alternate 3rd party DSW email.

80 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

4 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the DSW staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
4 weeks ago
Add your answer
11/1/15
Answer
reneed13
A: Call customer service ....
11/2/15