Review of DSW

Columbus, OH 43219
Tel: 1-866-379-7463

bew21
7/10/17

Over 10 days and shoes never shipped. Called five times and no had an explanation.
I said to cancel and they refuse to even though they never shipped. No shoes, no answers.
Just the worst experience.

angelat70
7/1/17

Let me start by saying I have shopped here for years and spent a whole lot of money. However, the one time I tried to return a pair of shoes, I found out how horrible their customer service actually is. Despite being a "Rewards Member" (meaning I have spent a lot of money) I was treated like trash on the street when I dared to make a return! I ordered a pair of shoes online and thought they fit while in my house. However, as soon as I got outside and tried to cross my work's parking lot, I realized they did not. I took them off immediately, but because I wore them outside and there was black on the soles, I could not return them. In addition, I was treated as if I found the shoes on the street and was trying to make money by returning them by the store's employees. Despite complaining to so called "Customer Service", no one seemed to care enough to even try to make this right for me. I am out $40 for a pair of shoes I cannot wear. This, even though, I am a "loyal" customer. Would hate to see what happens to those who are just "casual" customers.
Will NEVER shop there again, but they don't EVEN CARE.
AVOID this place!!!!

jb307
6/9/17

I've read so many awful reviews on many sites from customers about multiple locations and experiences with this company. The most complaints originated around the same issues repeatedly. Unfortunately, 98% of everyones poor experiences and reasonings for any negative reviews were/are a result of their own ignorance AND/ OR negligence to read fine print/terms and conditions, or just have any basis of common sense in their ant-sized "brains". Or the multiple complaints of those who claim to not be able to 'redeem their free item(tote, wristlet, unicorn..WHATEVER)' because of their own sheer laziness to redeem the coupon offer as soon as possible(ASAP..while supplies last is common sense). Every location/store is not an unlimited warehouse stocked to the ceiling with a supply of free giveaways offers.. They are not shipped 500 cases of totes to every location so that there are more totes than shoes.. Its a coupon sent to rewards members as a REWARD FOR BEING A VALUED MEMBER. SUPPLIES LIMITES/WHILE SUPPLIES LAST. It is your own PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY to redeem it WHILE SUPPLIES LAST. If you wait 3 weeks from the date the offer starts or until the day before the offer expires...OF COURSE the freebie is going to be out of stock. Just like any other major retailer(i.e. Victorias Secret..etc..) same goes for in-store complaints of offers that are CLEARLY labeled 'ONLINE ONLY' no. the in-store employee has no means of obtaining 'said' freebie IN-STORE. Hence the disclaimer on said item stating the phrase "ONLINE ONLY" ::shakes heads at incompetence of ignorance::
As for the people who place online orders in store and are told their orders will be shipped in 3 to 4 days.. You are either 1.) lying or 2.)the sales associate you unfortunately dealt with were not properly trained. At all. Online orders are shipped from Shoephoria in 4 to 7 BUSINESS DAYS.. BUSINESS DAYS. If it is day 9 and you havent received your order.. Are you counting saturday and sunday as part of those 9 days? If so, you, are a moron. All sales associates are taught and extensively TRAINED to properly explain the FOUR to SEVEN B-U-I-S-N-E-S-S days rule to ALL(meaning EACH and EVERY customer using this method inm-store) consumers using this process because there are multiple complaints based solely on customers who dont ACTUALLY listen. I apologize if you are someone who this doesnt apply to, ..i.e.. actually had an issue with 'SHOEPHORIA' (which is a SEPERATE company DSW uses, it is not DSW, nor that particular location itself. And the shoephoria employee, who are paid more than DSW sales associates, mind you, has screwed up their job and it negatively reflects a customers opinion about DSW itself..which is sad in my opinion) and your sales associate was just an improperly trained, poor excuse/failure of a retail sales associate and should probably not be employed in retail if they dont care enough about the consumer to their job correctly. But for the other 98% .. At least the ones I have read through, that all mainly complain about issues that ACTUALLY end up leading back to their own personal IGNORANCE AND/ OR NEGLIGENCE to understand ANYTHING about sales/marketing/consumerism in frickin general.. Are IDIOTIC as all get out, to exclaim that their unsatisfactory experience is a result of the DSW company or the way a business(LIKE ANY OTHER MAJOR RETAIL BUSINESS) is ran or handled. ANY person on the planet with a general understanding of how businesses like these function would all agree that THESE types of complaints are the basis of general human ignorance and COMPLETE incompetence of understanding how retail sales actually run.. Is exactly what makes this business field a difficult place to be employed for having to deal with such basic ignorance on a day to day basis and what also makes even less hope for the human race as a whole.. By showing the PATHETIC decline in intelligence in people, decade by decade, generation by generation. I've never read so many poor reviews (from a bunch of uneducated, illiterate, oblivious imbeciles with no substantial intellect or perception to any form of economic sales or retail-savvy understanding WHAT-SO-EVERRRRR) ...yeesh. Halfwits.

mariannk1
6/7/17

Horrible! They never pick up the phone .They forgot to send me the free cooler (they suppose to send with certain order ) and I never got my answer as I couldn't wait over 36 minutes for a costumer representative. I will never order from them again.

toram
5/27/17

I've been shopping at DSW not for too long. I like the variety of products and the reasonable prices, however, my recent experience is such a turn off that I don't think I'd want to go back again. I had an order placed on 5/12 for 3 bags (one is free as a promotion), I actually placed the order because I like the free tote that they promote. Out of the 3 items, I received one on 5/16 but never received the other two. According to the tracking, the other two were delivered on 5/20 close to 8 pm and it was a Saturday. I was home at the time, no one rang the bell and when I went out on Sunday, nothing. I shop online almost for everything and 99% of the time I received my packages and I live in a building.

Anyway, things happened. I tried calling customer service Sunday, after more than 30 minutes of wait, I gave up; I tried clicking the "online chat" on DSW's website, it ended as soon as it initiated; I tried emailing the customer service, did not get a response until 3 days later which by then I had already spoken with a representative. I tried calling on Monday, two calls during the day, both more than 10 minutes wait time, couldn't wait any longer since I was at work. I tried at night again, after 25 minutes, a representative finally came to line. Not sure if DSW computer system is super slow or what, it seems to take them forever to load any information, the call took probably 10 minutes just for him to tell me that I need to wait 10 business days (because its shipping takes 5-10 business days) to make sure I did not get the package and call again on or after 5/26 (10 business days after 5/16 the shipping date). I was frustrated but I said okay, I didn't want to give the representative a hard time, not his fault.

I called today on 5/27, again more than 30 minutes of wait time. When I finally spoke to a representative, the call also took long because it was taking forever for the representative to pull up my information. The representative initially suggested that it's not 10 business days yet from 5/20 (the day that items were delivered according to tracking), I told her that the 10 business days they told me to wait is the max delivery time for the shipping and you don't count from the day that they items were delivered! She did not get it, but I got frustrated, I said I wouldn't mind waiting another few days and call again had the wait time not been more than 5 minutes, which is true. I don't mind calling again if the wait time wasn't this horrible. I finally got my refund and she gave me some reward points as a courtesy but whatever, I will never want to go through this again. I placed the order because I like the free tote, I fell for their promo even knowing it's marketing strategy, but then I wasted my time and being stressed for nothing. At the end, I did not get my free tote and the other bag that I ordered which I like better and the only item that I received I will have to go to the store to return. I have to say though, the customer service representatives that I spoke to were not the best, but weren't bad, I wouldn't say they were very friendly, they weren't very rude per se, although this lady asked me for my phone number and rewards number, then my email to look up my information before asking my name (for verification only). The biggest problem that they were the slowest ever, no efficiency whatsoever but that probably has more to do with the company's procedure or system, and no wonder each call takes more than 30 minutes!

I'd avoid any possible human interactions if things can be done digitally to be honest. Customer service is just always a negative experience more than 50% of the time. I have a lot of places to shop from online, the only advantage that DSW has is that I can return items to the store, but even the store staff aren't that friendly most of the time. I will not boycott DSW just because of this but I definitely don't want to go back again.

chantalw3
5/25/17

I ordered and paid for $100 DSW gift card and never received it. I was on with customer service for an 1 1/2 hours only to be told that it was already used in Columbus, Ohio (their headquarters). I live in Pennsylvania and would not have even received it in the mail by the time it was used. DSW will not issue a new gift card even though they see my account and the fraudulent situation. I was told by the supervisor that this happens frequently yet they continue to mail their gift cards. Please DSW shoppers beware of ordering a physical giftcard! I hope this doesn't have to happen to anyone else!

benj1249
5/19/17

My order never arrived and the tracking information was questionable. When I called DSW I waited 30 minutes each time with no help. My emails were never returned. What legitimate business does not respond to customers. I am sick about losing $127.

noliam
4/30/17

I really like the wonderful shoes that I purchased teo eeeks ago. The staff was vrry helpful snd curitious. I will return to the Westfield Shopping center

hopeb17
4/2/17

Very disappointed. No sales help for one . And they put sale signs above shoes that are not on sale. So when you get the regester you get a surprise. I was told if they don't have your shoe size you can order them, pay for them they will l come to the store. And if your not happy they will refund you..

robinh107
3/5/17

I tried to get logged on to my account to use a coupon that was sent to me in the mail. The coupon was mailed to my husband or current resident. The lady I chatted with on their customer service line told me I would have to use my husband's account. We both have the same email account and bank account, and I tried to explain that to her. The current resident on the address line implied that it could be used by anyone any way. To make matters worse, when I tried to send an email to their customer service email link, the link didn't work. I didn't order my shoes, and I feel like DSW did not meet any of my customer service expectations.

jhonnif
2/28/17

I ordered a pair of shoes one week ago and experienced a few problems that were solved after making a phone call so I decided to give them another chance. I ordered another pair of shoes. They did not ship because the representative told me the address was different. It was not! But no one ever contacted me. After I called them I was given that information. I will NEVER order from them again. They are the WORST. Thanks MACY'S for your easy shipping process and for keeping me informed about my shipment! Good bye DSW!!!!

allisonb67
2/26/17

Awesome selection of clearance styles and
Prices! Without coupons! Big fan and easy buying In Store or online

amyb158
2/9/17

I wish i could show a pic of how the boots looked when i received them in the mail. Beyond damaged,holes,torn,stains,i was shocked. Called them,they said they would re order them for me. Ummm ok? I had to ASK for expedited shipping and wanted atleast a partial refund for me having to wait longer AND having to go return the damaged ones....but they ligit REFUSED any type of compensation money wise. Again i was shocked. Never buying from them again and letting everyone know my experience!!

oscare7
1/19/17

I really like these they very safe they don't slip you are secure with these type shoes but I wish they word a litle higher up like boots style bc I work in that kitchen but a lot time am washing dishes and I get my feet wet but other them da they are great shoes

monicah35
1/18/17

I've been a loyal customer and shopped at DSW for years. I've also placed a lot of online orders. I've never had issues until this week with any of my orders. DSW double charged me and refused to correct the problem even though it was obvious! I even supplied DSW proof - sending them my PayPal statement and a copy of my bank statement. I've had to go through dispute resolution with PayPal and it has been a nightmare dealing with DSW. Each time I call, I am put on hold for 20+ minutes, finally resulting in hanging up and having to email them and wait a day or two for a response I don't think I will ever order online from DSW again.

carlaf14
12/30/16

I confess, I'm a shoe queen - and I love to shop at DSW.
First, there's a brick and mortar store near me so I can shop in the real world.
Second, not everything shows up in the store, and the online experience is very satisfying. I can filter by size and heel height and get right to what I'm looking for.
Ordering online is quick and easy and their rewards program offers free next-day shipping if you spend enough $$$ (which I do, to the detriment of my credit card's health)
And returns are a breeze - I can return web-order shoes to the store near me with no hassle - and they credit back to the credit card, none of that 'in-store credit' BS.
I am doing this DSW review because I strayed and bought shoes online at shoespie.com and was disappointed to say the least. DSW does it right and they are #1 in my book!

gaill26
12/28/16

Great shoes excellent customer service easy return policy.

germanys
12/27/16

They advertised a FREE weekender, so I order a pair of shoes just when the new email offer came out. I paid for the shoes and they didn't send the free weekender bag. They said they ran out, HOWERVER they were still posting their emails of getting a free weekender, but they were out of stock.

I called and spoke w their Manager Cheryl and told her about this and she didn't care. She just said they ran out. Total false advertising!

kashs2
12/26/16

Placed an order for an e-giftcard on 12/24. Website stated they would be delivered in 12 hours. It was suppose to be a Christmas gift for someone. They still have not send out the order yet as of 12/26. When I called the customer service department, they said they had to place a hold on my account for some reason and they could not tell me the reason because their research department handles the holds and their research department is closed for today. So it won't be till 12/27 that they would be able to resolve the issue. Insane. Worst customer service ever. will never order anything from them again.

Tip for consumers: Avoid ordering their e-giftcards.

marys428
12/18/16

12/18/16 - just received my order. Very unhappy!!! I did not get the free bag that I was to get. When I ordered the shoes I was told that I would get the bag. When I called they said they ran out. I could have saved myself shipping and the cost of ordering another item in order to receive the gift. False advertising and they should keep better track of the items they have left and not promise the free gift with you order.

menjivarn
12/10/16

Are responsible and very fast and also the returns is super easy

patd51
12/3/16

I ordered shoes during Black Friday. Received them and found glue all over one of the black suede shoes. Not only that, they came in a box with absolutely no paper work whatsoever, no invoice, no return sticker. I had to call customer service, another 15 minutes on the phone to even speak to someone, only to find out I will have to return them to a store. Good thing one is close by, but I am not happy with this experience at all!!

maritsae1
10/4/16

I attempted to place an order & received an error message asking to call the 800#. I called and was on hold for 15 minutes, finally pressed "1" to request a callback and it is now 5 days later and still no call back. While on hold for those 15 minutes - I was IM'ing with customer service and she was not able to process my order or call me back to process the order. Highly unprofessional and complete waste of my time. I suggest as a corporation, you should start focusing on customer service - not just in the store.

jimc165
9/24/16

I got to know about DSW through a colleague who told me that DSW sells good shoes. I love shoes a lot and can spend my money buying shoes. So I checked DSW and saw some good shoes. They looked good in the eyes. I bought three pairs of shoes and three hand bags. I didn't use those shoes up to four time before they began to peel. The leather is so fake though looked genuine. The bags are still okay but the shoes are written off. Complete waste of money.

terinah1
7/25/16

My eldest daughter got me on DSW. Rewards, sales...all there. The one thing I will pay out some money for is shoes, luckily with dsw you really don't need to if your patient.

80 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

Call customer service ....

By renee d. on 11/1/15

No idea

By alley f. on 8/20/15

Helpful answer

Questions? Get answers from the DSW staff and other customers.

DSW?