Review of DSW

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

hopeb17
4/2/17

Very disappointed. No sales help for one . And they put sale signs above shoes that are not on sale. So when you get the regester you get a surprise. I was told if they don't have your shoe size you can order them, pay for them they will l come to the store. And if your not happy they will refund you..

robinh107
3/5/17

I tried to get logged on to my account to use a coupon that was sent to me in the mail. The coupon was mailed to my husband or current resident. The lady I chatted with on their customer service line told me I would have to use my husband's account. We both have the same email account and bank account, and I tried to explain that to her. The current resident on the address line implied that it could be used by anyone any way. To make matters worse, when I tried to send an email to their customer service email link, the link didn't work. I didn't order my shoes, and I feel like DSW did not meet any of my customer service expectations.

jhonnif
2/28/17

I ordered a pair of shoes one week ago and experienced a few problems that were solved after making a phone call so I decided to give them another chance. I ordered another pair of shoes. They did not ship because the representative told me the address was different. It was not! But no one ever contacted me. After I called them I was given that information. I will NEVER order from them again. They are the WORST. Thanks MACY'S for your easy shipping process and for keeping me informed about my shipment! Good bye DSW!!!!

allisonb67
2/26/17

Awesome selection of clearance styles and
Prices! Without coupons! Big fan and easy buying In Store or online

amyb158
2/9/17

I wish i could show a pic of how the boots looked when i received them in the mail. Beyond damaged,holes,torn,stains,i was shocked. Called them,they said they would re order them for me. Ummm ok? I had to ASK for expedited shipping and wanted atleast a partial refund for me having to wait longer AND having to go return the damaged ones....but they ligit REFUSED any type of compensation money wise. Again i was shocked. Never buying from them again and letting everyone know my experience!!

oscare7
1/19/17

I really like these they very safe they don't slip you are secure with these type shoes but I wish they word a litle higher up like boots style bc I work in that kitchen but a lot time am washing dishes and I get my feet wet but other them da they are great shoes

monicah35
1/18/17

I've been a loyal customer and shopped at DSW for years. I've also placed a lot of online orders. I've never had issues until this week with any of my orders. DSW double charged me and refused to correct the problem even though it was obvious! I even supplied DSW proof - sending them my PayPal statement and a copy of my bank statement. I've had to go through dispute resolution with PayPal and it has been a nightmare dealing with DSW. Each time I call, I am put on hold for 20+ minutes, finally resulting in hanging up and having to email them and wait a day or two for a response I don't think I will ever order online from DSW again.

carlaf14
12/30/16

I confess, I'm a shoe queen - and I love to shop at DSW.
First, there's a brick and mortar store near me so I can shop in the real world.
Second, not everything shows up in the store, and the online experience is very satisfying. I can filter by size and heel height and get right to what I'm looking for.
Ordering online is quick and easy and their rewards program offers free next-day shipping if you spend enough $$$ (which I do, to the detriment of my credit card's health)
And returns are a breeze - I can return web-order shoes to the store near me with no hassle - and they credit back to the credit card, none of that 'in-store credit' BS.
I am doing this DSW review because I strayed and bought shoes online at shoespie.com and was disappointed to say the least. DSW does it right and they are #1 in my book!

gaill26
12/28/16

Great shoes excellent customer service easy return policy.

germanys
12/27/16

They advertised a FREE weekender, so I order a pair of shoes just when the new email offer came out. I paid for the shoes and they didn't send the free weekender bag. They said they ran out, HOWERVER they were still posting their emails of getting a free weekender, but they were out of stock.

I called and spoke w their Manager Cheryl and told her about this and she didn't care. She just said they ran out. Total false advertising!

kashs2
12/26/16

Placed an order for an e-giftcard on 12/24. Website stated they would be delivered in 12 hours. It was suppose to be a Christmas gift for someone. They still have not send out the order yet as of 12/26. When I called the customer service department, they said they had to place a hold on my account for some reason and they could not tell me the reason because their research department handles the holds and their research department is closed for today. So it won't be till 12/27 that they would be able to resolve the issue. Insane. Worst customer service ever. will never order anything from them again.

Tip for consumers: Avoid ordering their e-giftcards.

marys428
12/18/16

12/18/16 - just received my order. Very unhappy!!! I did not get the free bag that I was to get. When I ordered the shoes I was told that I would get the bag. When I called they said they ran out. I could have saved myself shipping and the cost of ordering another item in order to receive the gift. False advertising and they should keep better track of the items they have left and not promise the free gift with you order.

menjivarn
12/10/16

Are responsible and very fast and also the returns is super easy

patd51
12/3/16

I ordered shoes during Black Friday. Received them and found glue all over one of the black suede shoes. Not only that, they came in a box with absolutely no paper work whatsoever, no invoice, no return sticker. I had to call customer service, another 15 minutes on the phone to even speak to someone, only to find out I will have to return them to a store. Good thing one is close by, but I am not happy with this experience at all!!

maritsae1
10/4/16

I attempted to place an order & received an error message asking to call the 800#. I called and was on hold for 15 minutes, finally pressed "1" to request a callback and it is now 5 days later and still no call back. While on hold for those 15 minutes - I was IM'ing with customer service and she was not able to process my order or call me back to process the order. Highly unprofessional and complete waste of my time. I suggest as a corporation, you should start focusing on customer service - not just in the store.

jimc165
9/24/16

I got to know about DSW through a colleague who told me that DSW sells good shoes. I love shoes a lot and can spend my money buying shoes. So I checked DSW and saw some good shoes. They looked good in the eyes. I bought three pairs of shoes and three hand bags. I didn't use those shoes up to four time before they began to peel. The leather is so fake though looked genuine. The bags are still okay but the shoes are written off. Complete waste of money.

terinah1
7/25/16

My eldest daughter got me on DSW. Rewards, sales...all there. The one thing I will pay out some money for is shoes, luckily with dsw you really don't need to if your patient.

debrah41
6/28/16

I placed an order online Sunday evening and within 10 minutes realized I had order the wrong item. I called customer service and canceled the order. I was assured it was in fact canceled. Imagine my surprise when yesterday I received an email stating the item shipped! I again called customer service who agreed I had canceled the order. Money was taken from my bank account. No way to stop shipment and now I have to wait for delivery send item back and wait an additional 5 days for a refund! Rip off. Not even an apology from them. NEVER again will I buy from or recommend DSW!

johnm786
5/31/16

I bought a pair of Keen Targhee II Hiking shoes for $124.95. These seemed like very good shoes. I had a coupon on my phone and wanted it to be honored for $20 off. I got a call and lost the coupon. I was told come back when you find the coupon. I know Batteries Plus, Kohls and Walmart both honor coupons to keep customers happy on the spot. Well I got home trying to find my coupon on line again and found the same shoes at Cabellas for $99.95 a $25 dollar savings. I went back to see if they would price match a competitors price with printed proof. I was told they only price match DSW store prices. Why would DSW have different prices in there stores. The girl said sorry. Then I told them then I am returning the shoes. I was told I had to have the receipt for a return. I did and I got my money back. I went to the manufacturer's website and found the list price to be $125.00 and I paid $124.95. I guess 5 cents makes it a discounted shoe. I don't feel they are trustworthy anymore and they sure don't discount much.

darlenel14
5/24/16

I was very impressed with the service I received from Ruby at The DSW shoe warehouse in Elk Grove, California. She went above and beyond to help me find the exact shoes I was looking for. She was very pleasant and knowledgeable. I found the perfect place to go when shopping for shoes. Thanks Ruby.
darlene

teresam65
5/19/16

Tried to buy shoes at the DSW Asheville NC store. Could not use debit card as credit card. Had to have a pin number which I do not have and will not use if I did at a register. Manager said it was a corporate thing. So guess I'm no longer a DSW Shoes customer until they get this fixed.

donnay5
5/14/16

I was in a DSW store today looking for shoes to wear for work. None of the employees asked me if I needed help, so I had to walk all over the store to find a worker. When asking the girl if they had any kind of work shoes in womens she had no clue and she did not know of any type of shoes that she would recommend. So I would have liked to talk to a manager or someone that had knowledge with shoes. I did not get the help I needed, so I left the store dissappointed.

jackiem56
5/9/16

I was looking for some new shoes to wear on an upcoming trip (7 day cruise to Alaska). I've been in love with the black and white Guess shoes for several years now but unfortunately they've stopped making them in the black and white. I decided to check out DSW.con because I've heard wonderful things about them in the past.
Before purchasing I looked around for any deals or coupon codes online and found one for $20 off any $40 or more purchase - I found the shoes I wanted, black and white converse and immediately checked out. I typed in the coupon code I had found online but the site wouldn't accept it. I tried about 4-5 times before giving up and opting to contact customer service via live chat. At this point I had about 10 minutes before I had to leave the house for an appointment but the lady was super nice and quickly worked with me to figure out that the code I was trying was a misprint. I figured that I was s.o.l. and would have to either leave the shoes behind or pay full price. BUT, the super awesome lady offered to honor the code by having me purchase the shoes at full price and then give her my order # so she could go in and refund the $20 - I just received my credit card statement a few days ago and sure enough she had knocked off $20.
The shoes arrived in less than a week, look SUPER cute and the best part, they're very comfortable.

I'll definitely be a repeat customer!

Thank you, DSW!

sonag
3/21/16

Horrible Horrible service. They lie about everything and also are extremely rude. The customer service representative hung up on me for telling him about my terrible experience at the store. I'm very disappointed.

denised48
2/23/16

I was at your Oak Brook store yesterday and was helped by Sandra M. with my return. She is a great asset to your company. She is kind, helpful and very professional. I thought I had both of my receipts and one was the wrong one. She took the time to call to get the information needed to process the return. DSW is fortunate to have Sandra on its team!

80 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

7 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the DSW staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question