Review of CardPool

San Francisco, CA 94104
support@cardpool.com

crystalw53
5/6/17

Terrible customer service! You think you are getting a gift card, you can an electronic code. They tell you that you have to verify your order, then the link doesn't work. Then you get an email telling you that your card has shipped. Then you get an email saying here's your electronic card. This site has no idea what they are doing. They are so messed up. Then customer service doesn't want to fix your problem, they just want to argue with you. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. STAY AWAY!!!!

kevinm264
5/2/17

I was a little hesitant to try Cardpool but have to say that I sold 3 electronic gift cards recently with NO problems. My Amazon cards were in my inbox the next day. Will use in the future.

jarredh8
4/19/17

I had received a bonus from my workplace in the form of points redeemable for items or gift cards. Given I would prefer cash, and the items were vastly overpriced, I planned ahead for picking gift cards to sell for cash. At first on CardPool, they made it seem simple, I only needed to provide minimal information and they "instantly" cash out your gift cards. I then went through the laborious process of entering all the gift card numbers, double checking each one. It got tedious really fast but I prevailed. On the next step, I had to provide additional information, like my shipping address, even though I wasn't receiving anything in the mail. Then, they needed my credit card information for "verification" even though I wasn't buying anything. This was getting out of hand fast. Well, I had already gone through the work so whatever. Entered that information and submitted. A day later I received an e-mail saying one of my gift card numbers were incorrect. I immediately responded with the corrected information and was told I would be receiving an e-mail within one business day with my e-gift card from amazon.

So I waited two days and sent them another e-mail asking what the hold-up was. They then responded saying they tried calling me on my phone (I didn't recall providing my phone) but it was disconnected, and the transaction was canceled. I asked them about them sending an e-mail to which they replied they "sometimes call for verification" (which they never stated anywhere plainly) and that they left a voicemail (I thought it was disconnected). So that transaction was canceled and I had no recourse or correction to this issue.

I decide to start from square one and enter the cards once again, triple checking all the numbers. A day later they claim a "risk assessment team" canceled my card and would not provide details.

All this work for nothing and no explanation, yet they *STILL* have numerous complaints of fraudulent gift cards as clearly seen in reviews. This was a complete waste of time and I'm now holding on to a bunch of gift cards I have no use for.

monalt
4/13/17

I bought two gift cards from Cardpool.com..Received them with $0 balance....Emailed customer service no. of times re: this issue....Never heard from anyone back...Had to open a dispute with the credit card...then only I received my refund...DON'T BUY FROM CARDPOOL

alexb204
4/11/17

I admit it. I was one of those who read all the reviews on here (last night) and thought, 'Oh, that won't happen to me. Their website says they have a 4/5 star rating. I'll be the exception. Well, after I signed up for an account minutes later and bought $100 gc for Dik's Sports I wake up to an email this morning from my bank cancelling my card saying it has been compromised (haven't bought anything else lately) and then to add insult to injury get the often discussed email saying the 'risk assessment team' cancelled my order. THIS. WEBSITE. IS. JUST. A. SCAM. PERIOD!!!!!! STAY SO FAR AWAY YOU CAN'T EVEN POKE IT WITH A STICK. There's too many other sites out there and the nominal (or better) discount is def not worth the risk. Trust me. I found out the hard way even though I thought I was 'the exception.' :-/

garyh169
4/3/17

I have tried two orders with this company, both of which were canceled. When I followed their instructions to seek clarification, they refused to give any information at all. They are apparently just running a scam to collect names, email addresses and credit card information from innocent, unsuspecting members of the public. I fear they will use this information for criminal purposes. DO NOT USE!!!

tranv1
4/2/17

I placed my first and last order here worth of $300 for $270 and they cancelled my order in minutes with no reason given. They got my CC information and cancel my order. Complete scam, please don't use.

rosaa13
3/27/17

i was nervous after reading some of the reviews and yes there is no phone number and it took a while for a response to my email but, i received my check in the mail exactly one week after i sold it to them online

johnt383
3/27/17

My initial purchase through Cardpool was successful, even though it took too long to finally receive my electronic card in my email. The last 2 were cancelled by their "risk management team". No reason was given. This company is a joke. I will use raise or some other company. CardPool is terrible !!!

seanc87
3/26/17

I traded 2 gift cards in March 2017 and the process was very quick and seamless. Cardpool sent Amazon gift cards within 24 hours. Would definitely recommend them!

mh172
3/19/17

As a first time user, I purchased $740.00 worth of electronic REI gift cards for $685.00 (8% discount plus a $5 first time user promo). I wondered if the cards would be legitimate, if they would have their full value, and if they would be accepted at REI.

I purchased the cards at 7:55 PM ET on a Friday (4:55 PM PT).

The site said that, as a new user, I may need to wait one "business" day before my order was processed. It wasn't clear to me if Saturday was considered a business day or not, so on Saturday I sent support an email.

Cardpool support responded within an hour and stated "business hours [are] from 9:00 AM-5:30 PM Monday - Friday PST." They also asked that I "bear in mind that all orders that our processing agents are not able to get to by the end of business hour or submitted after business hours or over the weekend are not process until the next business day."

Surprisingly, a that same Saturday, I received an email with links to my electronic gift cards. The links took an extraordinarily long time to open but each seemed to generate a card number and PIN.

I took the card numbers straight to the REI website and submitted an order. All the cards worked so I am a happy customer.

The only suggestion I would have is that cardpool clarify the turnaround time. In today's world of immediate satisfaction, I would have expected to get the electronic cards quickly. If they cannot do that, then clearer expectations should be set with business hours posted on the website.

Having been through the process once, I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

denzelw
3/17/17

it's not immediate, but what do you expect when you're a penny pincher and buying a second hand gift certificate? took 2 days to ship out - then another 2? ...which really isn't so bad at all. 17% discount off my initial purchase and got an additional $5 off for being a new customer. elated! no complaints here.

desireeo3
3/15/17

So they slow with getting egc #s out..it took about 12 hrs for mine to arrive which is acceptable although not prefered this day in age by people who want it NOW! I thank you, CP for saving me money. 12 hrs is nothing esp compared to how much I saved over Raise and Zen.

melw29
3/14/17

They take forever to send the certificate, if ever. They do not have a customer service number...only a voicemail that they don't check. You can email and wait to see if anyone responds. Stay away.

lauries58
3/12/17

There are many gift card companies like raise or gift card zen where electronic gift cards are provided within an hour of purchase. Here I am, 12 hours later, still waiting for an email. Wish I had read the reviews earlier, I may be waiting days for it. I'll call my credit card company after today to initiate a refund since Cardpool has no customer service.

christiand36
3/10/17

They will steal your money. Nothing you can do. They will take it from you. Period.Its scaryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy njnkj

christopherg78
3/9/17

I had already confirmed my email address earlier. After I bought the gift card, Cardpool had the nerve to send me another email telling me to verify my identity before it gives me my money, wasting more time. I clicked on the link, put in my correct password, and their stupid website said "invalid capcha". THERE WAS NO CAPCHA!!! I even used a different browser just in case and it still didn't work!! I then reset my password just to log on to my account, hoping to get my gift card info straight from my account. I did log on, my account only shows "purchased"--but still no gift card info!! What is the point of running me in circles and still don't give me the money that I paid for?!!!!!!! SCAMMERS!!!!!

msc9
3/7/17

I gave 1 star Because I couldn't give ZERO. I waited just 36 hours. I say just because so many have waited much much longer. Should have checked the reviews prior to purchasing $80.00 in gift cards. My error . Most sites deliver electronically near instantly.
Don't use cardpool

ianr51
3/4/17

I bought a gift card over a month ago, and I have still not received it. 3 emails to customer support and no response. Stay away

chiayuc
2/27/17

no response...very very slow process...... CardPool is cheating people.
I bought the gift card online. You need to wait for very long time....and no response.
I decided to decline the transcation....don't buy anything from them.

tp45
2/26/17

Terrible!
Just want to share my experience so others don't expect much from this site.
I buy gift cards for upcoming purchases from several sites that are usually great!
I buy a small one for about $10 or $20 first just to try them out, and, after 5 days, I still have not received my VIRTUAL E-CARD from this site that they claim is typically delivered within 24 hours. I even emailed them several days later, and got a reply that said my "order has been put on verification call and we shall have one of our verification specialist to call you shortly." That was 3 days ago. Still nothing.
Will never buy from them again.
Every other place has been GREAT! My favorite is raise, also just tried cookie and cash. Both sent my gift cards immediately.

Tip for consumers: Don't buy from them.

billc150
2/23/17

Thieves! Provided a brand new card I received as a gift and never use. They said the balance was $0. I sent emails and they never responded. Do not do business with these people.

debbieh98
2/23/17

Ordered an e-card seven days ago. Still "pending" review. Trying to cancel but no response to an email I sent six days ago so wondering what will happen. STAY AWAY.

anthonyj67
2/22/17

I purchase a $30 gift card (printable) for TGIF and when I went to use it I was informed it had a zero balance. I contacted cardpool support via email (the only way to get to them) with the story, order number and I even have the restaurant printed slip indicating a zero balance. It occurred inside the 180 warranty period; but, I have had no response other than the auto reply we will contact you in the next few days. I have sent 3 emails to address this issue and no support responses other than the auto reply's.
Update, I finally did get a response and my purchasing card was credited. It took weeks for the response (TIP: make sure you put your order number from the purchase in the email).

jeffreyd42
2/21/17

Try another site. I sent in a Card that was received Dec and have yet to get my check. Out of the 7 times I have contacted them on this issue, I have only received 1 email that was not computer generated asking me to confirm the address I already gave them. They use this tactic to stall and pretend they already tried to send you the check to buy them more time. Their slow nature is a tactic to get you to opt for the Amazon credit next time you trade/sell.

Helpful answer

If anyone is in the San Diego area and would like to be featured on a news story regarding this scam company please contact me.

By Leila F. on 1/6/16
Helpful answer

Hi Justin I would not use there service they scammed me out of a 400 Home Depot gift card then the block your account ignore emails and leave you with nothing I hope you look to another service it will save you headaches

By Chris D. on 1/26/16

they'll never send it

By jojo r. on 6/1/16
Helpful answer

I would not purchase from card pool, there are other company that have better customer relatshion and better method to obtain your cards

By theodore w. on 10/20/15
Helpful answer

I have had luck selling on EBAY Also, you can use Raise.com. You actually send the cards to the actual buyer after sold.The company never gets the card

By Dan F. on 5/9/15
Helpful answer

google them they get nothing but terrible reviews. it took them 3 days to get me my code and then it did not work online as it was supposed to. I ended up paying full price for the dishwasher I needed and still no code that worked. I called Lowes and turned out it was good in the store but that is not what cardpool promised nor what they delivered. they refused to give me my money back. I had to make a quick trip to Lowes and spend it, as I was by now very leary of cardpool and at least wanted to get something for my $200. I went and quickly spent the gift code. I would stear clear of them. I have bought gift cards and codes for years and have never had this much trouble with one. BTW they will not answer their phone or emails for days. I went and complained to everyone I could ripoff report bbb ect. I did get my money via merchandise, but I would not have normally traveled to Lowes, but had no choice if I wanted to not be out my money, so I had to drive 20 miles out of my way to be sure I got something for my $200 a trip I would never have made other wise. So they wasted my gas and my time because they did not deliver what was promised. They could care less that it did not work online. BEWARE of this company they do not care anything about their clients .

By JAN M. on 6/25/10
Helpful answer

I just called 415-419-8787 and someone answered the phone but they got mixed up my order with someone else's and he still told me he couldn't do anything. He kept telling me I have to send an email to their support center! This is absurd! They got my order mixed up but they told me the person who bought my gift card cancelled the order and they relisted my gift card. And I waited for days and nothing happened!

By Seunghee L. on 12/15/16
Helpful answer

I always mailed my cards and received checks.It usually took almost 2 weeks for the checks to come.You have to realize you can only submit codes on certain cards, others have to be mailed.There is a limit you will hit where they will insist you change into using their Bulk Seller's program.I am not sure of the dollar limit.I was paid for everything.My issue was I was charged back several months later for cards, and could not even talk to anyone about it.I have stopped doing business with them.It cost me several hundred dollars

By Dan F. on 7/14/15
Helpful answer

DO not do it!! If you do, I would document it and watch your bank account.

By FOUR O. on 1/13/17
Helpful answer

One off their private #'s is 925-226-9988; also 800-240-6188 and 415-419-8787. Did you try emailing them @support@cardpool.com . Did you contact your bank/credit card issuer?

By FOUR O. on 1/9/17
Questions? Get answers from the CardPool staff and other customers.

CardPool?