US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

joshuan16
12/8/16

I sent my walmart gift card gift in because i lost my job and needed the money. 2 weeks later they said it was a security risk and sent it back. I went to walmart myself and paid for it with my debit card, i even have a receipt!! It is a scam dont trust!!!!!!

matta39
12/7/16

It's been two weeks since I sent in my gift card... Nothing back so far this site is a god damn scam

wayneg32
12/5/16

I sent in a gift card, and when they checked the ballance, they couldn't confirm it, so they sent the card back. I double checked, and the card ballance was exactly what I told them. Whoever check it at Cardpool fatfingered the card number. What a waste of time.

andrewm209
12/2/16

My wife purchased a Cardpool Gift Card for me, and when I tried to use it I was denied (the reason was that their risk assessment team denied the order). I can't use my own Cardpool Gift Card. I have a $200 gift card that I cannot use. Customer Service has refused to assist in any way, only responding to my requests for help with generic statements about gift card refunds. They will not even answer the questions or address the issue that I have! They have stolen and refuse to help fix the situation. This is a terrible business, and I hope people stop using their services.

lisag168
11/16/16

saling cards to them all bad. this morning my gift card worked now it says no balence. im worried now because i gave my credit card info. whats going on with cardpool beware

alexandras25
11/11/16

Sent me a card that didn't work, returned it, and now they say they never got it. Never again! I'll be initiating a chargeback on my credit card. I'm out $40 plus dollars.

davidk261
11/7/16

I mailed in my gift cards WEEKS ago and I am in Seattle and it was only being mailed to Pleasanton, CA which is two days by mail.

They are not answering my email or phone calls !

I will NOT sell again to them

mignonnev
10/31/16

Purchased an alleged online - electronic gift card to be emailed that was to be sent electronically. Only to find out it was sent by regular USPS. Upon receiving it was not even a gift card but a promo card to be used by a deadline and that had already expired. Called restaurant and they confirmed it was not a valid Gift Card and it was only a coupon given for those that purchased GC, they received a "promo card" to be used on the next visit.
What a complete loss of time and Cardpool was zero help.

To think I was actually going to use them for the upcoming holidays for the company's gift cards - not any more.

Be extremely careful of what you read verses what you get. They do offer a refund but it takes 4 weeks! I say they owe us all interest for the money they borrowed in this scheme.

johnd646
10/19/16

My experience with CardPool hasn't been a good one. They sent me an electronic gift card that wasn't activated. I sent them many emails, but never received a response. I'll have to dispute this charge with my credit and will notify my Attorney General as well as the BBB.

Please beware of doing business with this site!!!!!

scotts213
10/15/16

I journied to hell and back again! Due to a death in my boyfriend's family one of the things we landed up with was an electronic gift card with no PIN on it, but it had a balance of over 30 dollars so he said yes he wanted it with thoughts of going through an exchange for an Amazon Gift Card. He was busy so I got the duty of dealing with exchanging it. I found Gift Card Granny and liked it so went through their cardpool option. On the site there was a question asking if the card had a PIN. I said no and indicated it was electronic when that option came along. One of the matches was Card Pool which looked good so I decided to give it a try. First, I was asked where the pin was,so we contacted the executor who couldn't find it either. They then called to ask several other questions to verify it and after answering those I was to receive an email from their support on the missing PIN. After dealing with it, I then receied another call the next day. Support was to also have sent an email about the missing PIN and it too never came. They finally forwarded their copy and I was told that since I had a photo of the initial email for the electronic card, it would suffice so I attached it. I then got another email today saying they still couldn't verify the balance- I had done so at Cracker Barrel.Com itself and had also suggested that the Card Pool people I was dealing with do their verification of the balance there. It all landed up being a 4 day trip through Card Pool hell and back again and in the end they cancelled the transaction. Plus they left me feeling like I was dealing with people who were sooo thick headed enough they couldn't understand a thing even if it were written out for them in black and white with the individual doing the explaining standing there in front of them!

violetc7
9/26/16

Sister ordered a card from them a while back. They rejected the order when she used a coupon. Apparently, with the use of the coupon, they weren't going to be earning much from the sale, so they simply rejected the order.

Just IMHO, as a professional courtesy, they should just have accepted the order then deactivated the coupon (or something) shortly thereafter, to prevent further sales that wouldn't be very profitable.

tomr118
9/22/16

I sold a card online. Typed in the card info, got an offer. They approved my transaction and after a phone call mailed me a check. The whole process took 7 days. Sold card on Tuesday. It was approved and a check was mailed on Thursday. Got the check on Tuesday. Im not sure why they are getting so many bad reviews, because the process went fine for me.

christopherg65
9/19/16

Where is my MONEY????? Is this a criminal enterprise? I sent in $2,500 coach gift cards for $$2,125 and that was 3 weeks ago. I have emaied customer service 3 times.....

alb1668
9/2/16

Sold 6 Nike gift cards, entered all the info online and they were accepted and sent them in. A week later I get a call to verify address, etc. and ask where I got the cards (directly from Nike store). All perfectly valid cards. They said thank you and a few days later I get an email saying their "risk assessment" team deemed the cards to risky. Wth? They were perfectly fine. No third party, nothing. So why did they tell me to send them in in the first place? And of course they will not tell you why they deem them risky. Very infuriating. Now I have to wait probably a couple more weeks just to get the cards back with the additional risk of getting them lost in the mail. I will NEVER do business with these guys again. Why would you send in cards to these guys not knowing if they'll arbitrarily deem them too "risky" and just send them back to you again wasting all your time shipping them and waiting.
Spread the word. These guys suck.

kimg69
9/1/16

Wonderful service! Couldn't believe how quick it was! Ordered on Tuesday & check sent that day.Received on Monday! Couldn't have been any easier! Will recommend to everyone!

kathys74
8/22/16

I use discount gift cards all the time, so I know what to expect. When i use other sites...such as Raise and GiftCardZen ( I recommend both of these companies) I get the online cards emailed to me literally within seconds. Yesterday morning (36 hours ago) I ordered a card from CardPool that I really needed yesterday. I've followed up twice and still do not have the card. Avoid CardPool!

tyrons10
8/22/16

This site is a $#*!in scam these people have no lives whatsoever..

eileenl14
8/2/16

Well, I should have read these reviews before doing an exchange with Cardpool.

I sent in a restaurant gift card two weeks ago using Cardpool's own pre-printed mailing label. I included the packing slip I printed from their site which had my name, address, and transaction number.

I wrote them asking where my Amazon gift card was and, surprise, surprise, they supposedly have somehow never received my gift card. How do you prove you mailed something? You can't. So, I'm sol.

They discovered a great way to scam people. Stay far, far, far away!!

deborahp44
7/21/16

I purchased one electronic gift card online. Received a verification phone call the next day. A few hours later I received an email stating that there was an "inventory error" and my order was being cancelled.

jaclyns6
7/3/16

I was worried after u made my purchase and reading reviews. I ordered a lowes gift card took a little longer than other companies to recieve. ALMOST 10 DAYS. But it arrived with the full amount ordered. Rating 4 star only because of delivery time. Would be nice to recieve within 3 days like some companies

dianej29
7/2/16

I have used Card Pool for a few years now. I used to receive my electronic gift card within minutes now it takes days. My last purchase was Regal Entertainment. I wanted to take my grand daughter and 2 of her friends to see a movie. Three days later I am still waiting for the email. I received the confirmation and the Thank You email within minutes but not the electronic cards as yet It's been 3 days. I will be looking for another company to do business with. Same problem last time I used Card Pool. I purchase Longhorn Steaks and never received the card in time.

dennisr51
6/30/16

Three orders, three cancellations after waiting several days. But I'm one of the lucky ones, compared to all the reviewers who got fleeced.

wayneg29
6/29/16

Bought a $102.00 gift card for $76.00 and when I went to use it, it had a ZERO balance. These people are crooks!

elliottt4
6/18/16

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. After placing an order over a week ago for an electronic gift card, they just called me to "verify" my information. The person doing this verification was extremely rude, and frankly, I do not think questions like "what cross street are you near", and "what is the telephone number for your credit card" are necessary at all. When have you ever had to give that information to place an order? I hesitantly gave them my information, and still have not received the electronic gift card I purchased from them over a week ago, and cannot get in touch with anyone over the phone. Never mind that the item I initially wanted is no longer in stock, and the gift card is useless to me. It states on their site with regards to electronic gift cards that:

"We'll typically email you with your electronic or mobile gift cards within 1 business day. During peak holiday periods, please allow 1 additional business day for processing transactions and also consider the USPS holiday delivery schedule."

My credit card has been charged, and no one is giving me any information regarding my order. Between the sketchy verification process (that everyone seems to go through), the horrible customer service, to the fact that it's been over a week and I still haven't received an _electronic_ gift card - AGAIN, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND STAYING AWAY FROM CARDPOOL.COM.

kevinw126
6/18/16

Purchased a Red Lobster gift card and order was cancelled because it was not available. Just look again and there are over 300 still for sale ???

Tip for consumers: Caution

32 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the CardPool staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
hebam1
HEba M.
5 days, 23 hours ago
Answer
carlh59
Carl h.
A: I have bought cards from them for years with no problems. Something has changed. They have new web page with no way to contact them and they are perpetually sold out of nearly everything. considering the bad reviews they have received in recent months, i won't use them again.
5 days, 13 hours ago
1 week, 3 days ago
Answer
dagmaro3
Dagmar O.
A: Yes, I have had the same thing. I sent 3 separate orders and none have been confirmed as having received. I have a feeling Cardpool is having financial difficulties and will be going under soon.
1 week, 2 days ago