US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

ashleyr97
1/16/17

I bought 4 $25 e GC for NY&C... They provided me with GC #s but no pins so when I tried to use them online of course they didn't work. It's been over a week since I contacted customer service and still no response. They were quick to verify payment method and withdrawl funds from my account though! Go figure... Now I'm out $60 until they find time to answer my complaint if they ever do.

rickb87
1/16/17

Cardpool should close its doors and go out of business. Here are the problems:

(1) They do not represent their services for gift cards in a truthful manner.
(2) They do not respond to repeated emails messages regarding problems.
(3) After waiting for a month, I have apparently been defrauded out of the money from gift cards in the face amount of $100.00. I have received nothing whatsoever.
(4) They apparently stole one of the gift cards and indicated that I only sent two cards when in fact I sent three.
(5) They offer zero customer service. I have lost $100.00 in gift cards and I assume that I will never see that money again. Do not be fooled by their fraudulent ads!

Customer from North Carolina

samw139
1/15/17

I sold gift cards on cardpool.com and was extremely disappointed in the process. I was instructed to send the gift cards taped together in a regular business envelope with the mailing label attached. I was very weary of these instructions as business envelopes do not seem to be the most secure. Additionally, the post office also pointed this out. After double checking the instructions, I sent the gift cards. It wasn't until after I followed up with the company that I received pictures of the envelope I had sent showing that someone had cut open the envelope and stolen the gift cards. Knowing that you deal exclusively in gift cards - how do you not have a better process in place to prevent situations like this from happening. I have reached out to customer service and will update this review based on what I hear back however, in general the way this company conducts business does not appear competent.

Tip for consumers: do not sell gift cards to this site

davidh47
1/14/17

I traded a $50 Starbucks gift card for a "amazon e gift card." The website says your amazon e gift card will be emailed in 24 hours. after a week and nothing and several emails later, no response and no Amazon Gift Card.
Simply read the reviews, and there are a lot of them saying exactly the same thing - Stay Away from Cardpool.

carlh59
1/14/17

Several years ago i wrote a negative review about another company that buys and sells gift cards. i recommended cardpool as a good alternative. AT that time I had been using them for several years and never had a problem. In the intervening years I have only had one problem and they issued an immediate refund. Unfortunately, something has changed in the last 6 months or so. They are perpetually sold out of everything except restaurant cards. Even worse, there have been numerous complaints about sending cards and not receiving money or buying cards that turn out to be worthless. As a result I won't buy from them again and would advise others to avoid them.

paulf120
1/14/17

Purchased a Kohls card from them for Christmas only to find out two days after Christmas when my son tried to cash it in that it was no good. I have sent 18 e-mails to them since with no response at all . A company that does not stand by what they advertise. A total scam.

williamr129
1/12/17

I traded two gift cards for a "amazon e gift card." Got a email basically saying thanks for being a sucker and giving us your cards. Email says your amazon e gift card will be emailed in 24 hours. IIt's been a week and nothing. 5 emails later, no response. All the 5 star reviews are fake that the scammers themselves likely wrote. Look at how many others got ripped off compared to their fake good reviews.

I hope to god these people are in the U.S. so i can make their lives hell over ripping me off on two gift cards. Don't fall for the nonexistent amazon gift card they promise. I hopr these scammers are killed by a drunk driver. Karma is coming cardpool... Make no mistake it's coming.

leahw19
1/12/17

I received a gift card. I few years ago I had used Cardpool with success. This time seems to be different.

First I entered my card number, no response. Then a few days later they said they could not verify the number. I re-read the number and called the company the gift card was myself. They took the number and verified the amount. I gave the numbers to CardPool again. Once again they could not verify the numbers. I took a picture of the card and then they were able to verify.

I was given an email on 12/30/16 stating that check would be sent to me for $75.00 in 3-7 business days. After day 10 arrived I emailed them. no response. I emailed again. No response.

I am starting to believe that this really IS a scam.
I'm sorry for all of these other people who are on here that have lost their money. But I am also relieved in a sense that I am not the only one. I hope this page discourages other people to use CardPool. Very sad.

mikec272
1/12/17

Sent them two give cards 3 weeks ago. No word from them at all. Sent 2 emails to customer support, no answer.

kathleenm90
1/11/17

Not what I expected. Gave them all the gift card info.
They email me a week later saying they do not have
A record of my transaction. Someone cashed it in ?
Do not trust them.

loriel10
1/10/17

Emailed cardpool to try to cancel my transaction because I hadn't heard anything from them in over a week. The person who emailed me back said they would "cancel" the transaction. I had no reason to doubt this. Two days later I go to the store only to find out that my balance was zero. Someone had made an online purchase with my card on the very same day the rep from carpool said they had "canceled" the transaction. Now they won't answer any of my emails. My advice to anyone thinking about doing "business" with cardpool is not to. Based on all these negative reviews and my experience they seem like a bunch of crooks!

johns1591
1/7/17

Their website states that Amazon E-cards will be emailed in a hour after completing transaction...LIE! The confirmation email states that Amazon E-cards will be emailed in one business day...LIE. They say they will respond to customer emails within a "few" days...LIE! They say sending more than one email makes them take longer to respond to you...WTF? Stay away from this business, they are strait liers.

amandas193
1/7/17

DO NOT by or sell cards to Carpool.com. They take your money and give you expired cards and they do not have a phone #! It has been a week and I have heard nothing back from them. STAY AWAY! All of their reviews on their website are fake as well.

barbarah38
1/6/17

They don't answer your e-mails and they do not have a telephone contact number. Stay away from these people. Went to the BBB website and read the reviews there about Cardpool. Their answer to why they no longer have a telephone contact number was so they could have better customer service.....Really???? You don't have a contact number for customers so you can improve your customer relations? Sounds like to me somebody forgot to pay their phone bill and maybe just maybe this so called business is going under fast. Just a theory based on all the negative reviews I read about them on the BBB website. They have way more negative reviews than they have postive yet the BBB says they are an A+ company... How can that be? I know I would never do business with them again and would not recommend them to a anyone. Just saying

pamw58
1/5/17

January 1st sold gift card. They promise amazon.com gift card number will be emailed as payment "within one business day." Today is January 5th. January 3 & 4 were business days (granted the 2d was a legal holiday). Nothing emailed. Says "ordered" when I log in. Great, so I am out my original gift card and got nothing in return. Terrible company.
UPDATE: It is now 1/12/17. Still no amazon.com gift card. Instead of "ordered" it now says "pending review." I reiterate DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. My sense is that one day I'll get my card, but "one business day" has morphed into almost two weeks, and they ignore emails other than once when they asked me to verify the numbers on my Williams Sonoma card, which i did a week ago.

Tip for consumers: they do not pay out as promised.

michaelj208
1/4/17

sent in my gift cards on 12/28 its 1/4 still no response to the 4 emails i sent.supposed to be getting a 250$ check from them and a 350$ amazon card.the first time i used them like 2 weeks ago i had my amazon card the next day.in my account overview it stays at status ordered. this company is getting worse

denisef32
1/1/17

I sold my first gift card to Cardpool on Friday night. I received my Amazon egift card on Saturday morning. I was very pleased and pleasantly surprised how fast I received it!!! Cardpool is the BEST!!!

serenah6
1/1/17

Everytime I have order giftcards from them there always good one time I orfer a Walmart E-Giftcard from them and the money wasn't on the card and the replaced it immediately no problem at all

juliej61
12/30/16

I accepted an offer for my unwanted gift card and mailed it to them with their printed shipping label 2 weeks ago....the order status says they haven't received it yet and they are not responding to my emails. So apparently they just get you to mail them your gift cards and then break all contact with you.
I don't understand how they are still in business, with their stock of gift cards stolen from people. Stay far away from this scam of a business!

Edit...After a month I did receive my amazon ecard, after my forth email, which asked for my original gift card back and a complaint to BBB. Their communication is terrible (can communicate one way only thru email...) and I will not be doing business with them in the future

tedc29
12/23/16

Sold 2 Apple Store gift cards to Cardpool a week ago for e amazon gift card. They sent me a confirmation said the trade will be processed within 1 business day but it's been a week and I still got nothing... wrote them several emails they only replied 1 of them say they are having a huge amounts of orders and will expect some delay...if you can not finish the transaction within the given time could at least send me an email tell me the updated estimation...so disappointed and I don't think I will ever do business with them again.

janetl51
12/21/16

CardPool is HORRIBLE!! Takes your money and sends you e-cards with a ZERO balance!! NO CUSTOMER SERVICE...just auto-generated responses!!!

brynnl
12/21/16

If you're looking to buy a gift card at a discount, go with a reputable company - This IS NOT one of them. Don't believe me? Try calling the customer service number before you place your order. Nobody will answer. the phone will ring and ring and ring. When it finally answers, it's ALWAYS a message that says they're experiencing high call volume and makes you leave them a message, stating you'll receive a call back, But you never will. You also won't get any help getting your situation corrected through the "customer support" email. They don't do anything to help you.

rachelt62
12/16/16

So I bought a JCPenney giftcard today for a pretty good deal $30.81 for $22.50 (that was with their current promo running NewUser5 code) So that was great now 30 minutes later I was wondering where the electronic giftcard was and they sent a email wanting me to confirm the order and my link didnt work so I went to google and typed in CardPool order verification phone number and saw a number (415) 419-8787 and this is where is all turned around. Guy that answered was very professional he said he just had a few questions to verify my identity, odd question but ones that I would only know so that was reassuring. I do appeciate the level of security they obviously offer but I do think it may be to much especially for those used to other discount card websites. After the phone call he said he would put my order to processing and that I would recieve ny gift card within 24 hours about 3 houra later I recieved my giftcard and was able to make the purchase I wanted from JCP for a steal! Overall I would use them again. That phone number though was probably a big factor in my transaction going smoothly. Hope it and this review can help you out! Thanks

alisonl16
12/16/16

Sold my cards online this past Saturday. Had my check from them weds. Very easy process.

joshuan16
12/8/16

I sent my walmart gift card gift in because i lost my job and needed the money. 2 weeks later they said it was a security risk and sent it back. I went to walmart myself and paid for it with my debit card, i even have a receipt!! It is a scam dont trust!!!!!!

35 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the CardPool staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question