Review of CardPool

San Francisco, CA 94104
support@cardpool.com

chiayuc
2/27/17

no response...very very slow process...... CardPool is cheating people.
I bought the gift card online. You need to wait for very long time....and no response.
I decided to decline the transcation....don't buy anything from them.

tp45
2/26/17

Terrible!
Just want to share my experience so others don't expect much from this site.
I buy gift cards for upcoming purchases from several sites that are usually great!
I buy a small one for about $10 or $20 first just to try them out, and, after 5 days, I still have not received my VIRTUAL E-CARD from this site that they claim is typically delivered within 24 hours. I even emailed them several days later, and got a reply that said my "order has been put on verification call and we shall have one of our verification specialist to call you shortly." That was 3 days ago. Still nothing.
Will never buy from them again.
Every other place has been GREAT! My favorite is raise, also just tried cookie and cash. Both sent my gift cards immediately.

Tip for consumers: Don't buy from them.

billc150
2/23/17

Thieves! Provided a brand new card I received as a gift and never use. They said the balance was $0. I sent emails and they never responded. Do not do business with these people.

debbieh98
2/23/17

Ordered an e-card seven days ago. Still "pending" review. Trying to cancel but no response to an email I sent six days ago so wondering what will happen. STAY AWAY.

anthonyj67
2/22/17

I purchase a $30 gift card (printable) for TGIF and when I went to use it I was informed it had a zero balance. I contacted cardpool support via email (the only way to get to them) with the story, order number and I even have the restaurant printed slip indicating a zero balance. It occurred inside the 180 warranty period; but, I have had no response other than the auto reply we will contact you in the next few days. I have sent 3 emails to address this issue and no support responses other than the auto reply's.
Update, I finally did get a response and my purchasing card was credited. It took weeks for the response (TIP: make sure you put your order number from the purchase in the email).

jeffreyd42
2/21/17

Try another site. I sent in a Card that was received Dec and have yet to get my check. Out of the 7 times I have contacted them on this issue, I have only received 1 email that was not computer generated asking me to confirm the address I already gave them. They use this tactic to stall and pretend they already tried to send you the check to buy them more time. Their slow nature is a tactic to get you to opt for the Amazon credit next time you trade/sell.

barryl42
2/17/17

Purchased a giftcard on tuesday that was supposed to be delivered by email. Was suppose to arrive in 1 business day according to website. It's now been 3 business days since purchasing and am having a hell of a time contacting customer service. There's no phone number listed on their website so I emailed customer service and can't get a response. Finally received a phone call from them, but got hung up on after they confirmed my credit card details. Still don't know if I've been scammed, or what the hell is going on.

tldr; Run away from this website

kellyl108
2/15/17

I sent a $25 gift card for Toys R Us back in January. Since then I have not received any money back and have sent them 3 emails. None of my emails have been responded to and they have no contact number. DO NOT sell your gift cards to this company.

karena115
2/14/17

Sold cardpool a $50 Regal Cinema Gift Card on January 18 and have still not received any payment from them! I have emailed them 3 times have have gotten 3 stock answers from them that they will contact later. They have yet to contact me. This is a ripoff! Do not buy or sell your cards through them!

karlg22
2/14/17

Appears to be a scam. Three times I tried to buy a Walmart gift card and they did not follow through. They said there was a security risk.

arleishaj
2/9/17

I started this process on the 21st of Jan. they kept in contact via email of the status but they give you the impression of a much smoother process. I get a call from weird number but I didn't answer . a few minutes later I get an email saying they tried to contact me to verify some information. when I called the number they asked me questions like I was under interrogation or something like what the heck for a 77 dollar check???? I could have sold my gift card locally without the hassle and a little less percentage. this is the ultimate head ache. so I'm waiting on a check from Pleasanton which I live in California it says 3-7 business days. um... really and I'm in California as well. that's snail mail for sure. I asked the rep over the phone is this the process if I chose to sell gift cards regualarly? and she replied probably so. but the part that really frustrated me is she couldn't give me the information moving forward . she said I would get an email. and so the next day I got an email saying a check was mailed. once again that was on the 2nd of feb. 2017 so 3 weeks for a 77.25 checks is ridiculous. not to mention ive entered other cards on the site to see pay amounts and they ask for pin all to tell me they cant process certain cards . well ive already ruined it by stratching off the back because I cant sell it locally with the been not being covered. I'm so happy I didn't send all my giftcards at once . No where along the simply process they tell you that your going to have to talk to someone and wait and wait and wait well whats the purpose of tying your bank account to the site if you lstill have to go thru hell and hot water to get what your asking for?

faw46
2/7/17

Bought a Macy's card, and was not able to use in Macys store. Called Macys, and learned it was a stolen card. Contacted CardPool via email, but never got response. The email is the only way to contact them. The 180 days guarantee is a fake statement. Don't buy cards from there!!!

danc124
2/7/17

Recently placed my first order with them and after 3 days of getting nothing, I emailed them about it. The response was that the order basically couldn't go through and a refund had been issued. So being my first order placed with them not being fulfilled, I will say that It is also my last order with them.

ashleyn49
2/7/17

It's been MONTHS since I sent out my cards. $223 worth. Tried to contact this "company" and no response. They don't respond to emails. There is no contact number, they won't let me write a review on Facebook or respond through FB. DO NOT USE CARPOOL UNLESS YOU WANT TO THROW AWAY $. Might have to get a lawyer involved in this one. THIS ISN'T RIGHT, SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE ABOUT THIS.

martham86
2/6/17

Lousy so far. I needed a couple cards quickly and didn't get them. I think I'll cancel the purchase, as they won't respond. Customer service is lousy, and there are no phone numbers to call. It's ahastle

vincei2
2/1/17

I've read some pretty dismal reviews on Cardpool's service (and good ones as well), but I decided to give them a shot. I exchanged 3 gift cards for a total of 75 bucks. I was offered $58.44 on an Amazon e-gift card. Unlike some reviews, I was not required to actually mail in the 3 cards; I submitted the card numbers and PINs on the web site and received a confirmation email stating my Amazon card would be emailed within one day. This was on 1/3. Long story short, (and not ALL Cardpool's fault) I finally got my Amazon e-gift card on 1/26. I redeemed it almost immediately without problems. Bottom line, Cardpool does provide the service they advertise, just don't expect your transaction to happen overnight. Be patient, allow a couple of weeks. Other than the wait, I was pleased with how effortless it was to exchange my unused gift cards for a card I would actually use.

khalidz2
2/1/17

I am very happy with them . I sold them close to $60000 worth of gift cards since I started with them 1 year and half ago. I have a bulk seller account with them because I have a cash for gold business. Please, use a proliority mail to get a tracking number. Whenever I have any problem , we sort it out. Checks in time and smooth transactions ...they deserve 5 stars

billh138
2/1/17

Bought a Cardpool eCard in the amount of $150 for Petco to help with the cost of our dog grooming. When I tried to redeem it at Petco the charge was denied with a message of "Denied: Account Closed" (whatever that means). So I contacted Cardpool through their website (where, unbelievably, it says they respond in 1-3 days) and here I am ten days and three follow-up e-mails later, still waiting for a response. Interestingly enough, today is February 1 and their website is still showing their holiday hours; shows how on top of things they are. I have already contested the charge with my cc company, but Cardpool's lack of any response at all is what is really irritating. I was going to give them the benefit of a doubt, but no longer. Instead, on to the BBB and anyone else I can think of.

jonathanh78
1/31/17

I sent in a 50$ Apple Store gift card in exchange for a written check for $44.75 and after reading the reviews I grew sceptical. I was honestly surprised when my check came in the mail today, but it came only 4 days from me submitting it online. Very satisfied, will definitely use again thank you Card Pool!

audreys25
1/28/17

Original owner of gift card sold it to Cardpool then used it after I purchased the card from Cardpool. No response. Cardpool sucks. Horrible customer service. Sounds like we need to file a lawsuit to get action based on all the poor reviews I see here

jos6511
1/25/17

I'm still trying to get payment for a card I submitted two months ago, they keep telling me they've sent it out, they'll send it out again, etc. but nothing ever comes. The only way I got a response at all was to post a complaint on facebook.

debbiel64
1/22/17

I sold my $150 jiffy lube gift card for a $105 check and after putting in the numbers of the card my card is now a zero balance and I never received a check. I've wrote emails through the support email, I've called the 800 number and left countless amounts of messages and never a call back, no email back. I'm a single mom trying my best to provide for my kids and I was counting on that $105 dollars and I'm so disappointed.

johnn1048
1/21/17

ANOTHER ZERO BALANCE CARD WAS SENT TO ME! PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THE COMPLAINTS OF THIS MATTER ARE BUILDING UP. I tried to use a $50 card bought in November last night and was denied at rest. I called the rest. corporate gift card dept. and found out it had no funds on it and was wiped clean do to an issue. This is second time to get a zero balance card from them so no more calling and asking for a refund to my credit card account. I called my CC account bank directly and reported the zero balance card being sent to me and opened up a case. I will not ever use them again do to these issues!

craigc71
1/20/17

I have used them for years and was always very happy. They have now turned into a total scam and just stolen everyone's money. I recently bought cards that have no balance available and also sold them cards and have not gotten paid. They are stealing everyone's money and not returning phone calls or responding to emails. They are surely about to shut down and we are out a ton of money.
DO NOT EVEN CHANCE IT USING CARDPOOL!!

wendyh90
1/19/17

i bought $68 ann taylor gift card, they sent me code, but it is invalid. I tried to contact with them in last week, no respond. they are stealing people's money

43 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the CardPool staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
on 1/13/17
on 1/9/17
on 12/15/16
Answer
Questions? Get answers from the CardPool staff and other customers.

CardPool?