US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

ronk

Cardpool offers the simplest way to save money by buying and selling gift cards. (in 97 reviews)

pamalak

Good discounts, GOOD, FRIENDLY, POLITE, PROMPT CUSTOMER SERVICE. (in 50 reviews)

sterlingm24

But, they did acknowledge receipt, and the card was processed and I received Amazon credit within 24 hours of that. (in 26 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

jeffs153
3/28/16

I attempted to purchase a card with a small balance ($69). It was an ecard, so I was expecting it to arrive by the next day. When it didnt, I sent a polite email asking for an ETA. I received back an email which stated, "Regrettably, our risk assessment team had determined that we are not able to process your order at this time . . . due to the nature of our business, we do not currently disclose the parameters of our risk assessment." No way to remedy whatever "risk" they perceived. (If the risk was with the ecard itself - which makes sense given that they are peddling with gift cards they acquire from other people - why not suggest my buying a different one?) My credit card is issued from a top provider, and though they didnt ask or get info to check my credit, my credit is impeccable. I suspect they didnt like my enquiry. Any company that is this arbitrary should not be trusted or patronized.

johnp357
3/23/16

Of course I did not read the reviews before I bought a Target card from them!!! Not only did they send a bad card electronically but they do not take phone calls.

What kind of company does not take customer's calls for issues? POOR ones that is who.

Before you send them your money, either light it on fire or send it to me...

katies58
3/16/16

They are happy to take my money but when I have an issue, they do not email back. It says they will respond in 1 day - well, 4 business days later and no response. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!

henrys50
3/14/16

I just ordered $140.00 of Home Depot e-gift cards from Cardpool, but even though They took my credit card payment through their website and then I later verified my credit card HAS been charged, days later I still have not received my e-gift cards. There should have been no delay. I have excellent credit, and have placed countless purchases on line from sites such as Amazon. Their organization is notoriously slow and risky, and a Buyer MUST is very wary of them. Further there is no one to ask and present your concerns to. Proceed at your own risk.

talg1
3/3/16

I exchanged a gift card for an amazon card which actually went ok since it was a digital transaction. The problem came a couple weeks later when I discovered the credit card I put on file with them was stolen and used to go shopping a couple towns over. I'm not sure how they were able to do it but I know it happened through card pool because it's a brand new card and card pool was the ONLY time the info was given out. They make you out a card on file with them for "security" purposes... Don't trust them!

bills163
3/3/16

Did not deliver. Their verification system did not work (said it was unavailable). I tried again later and it told me I had already verified or had declined to verify and someone would be in touch (Yuck). A couple days later I got an email asking to call customer support - I did that and was then verified. I then tried to order two cards. Both orders were cancelled due to "Risk Assessment". I contacted support to ask what that meant - they told me me they could not disclose that to me, but i was welcome to "Try to resubmit the orders at a later date" . No thanks - My credit rating is A+ and there are a lot of companies happy to accept my money. I dont need to deal with these bozos

maxr38
2/27/16

We gave them multiple chances to get it right, but they have the strangest and paranoid business model on par with Cashstar.Verified a year ago, but their risk assessment dept. cancelled orders for a low denomination gift card after they sent a false link for verification. Shouldn't be this difficult to buy a low denomination gift card! It seems this is how they keep you from using the referral $5. Bait & switch. Will never waste my time with them again and will tell everyone I know to stay away.

travisj11
2/26/16

I sent a Macy's gift card worth 100 dollars and they said they would give me $80 I just put my card in an envelope with the card and my information on it and mailed it I was really skeptical about it and all the reviews I have read were very negative and bad but I sent the card in and didn't hear anything I emailed them a couple times and they said they have not received my card and that it may take some time depending on how it was mailed I honestly was not expecting to receive a check from them but to my surprise 2 months yes 2 months after I mailed the card I received a check in the mail from cardpool for $80 just as they said yes it took a long time but they did in fact mail me the check they promised so I dont know I probably wouldn't use them again but i did sell my card and did receive the $80 so I guess its up to you good luck

donaldr26
2/15/16

THEY ARE NOT STRAIGHT BUYER BEWARE.

troyp21
2/14/16

I purchased a set of Lowe's cards for $79.00. They arrived at my house and I checked with Lowe's. The cards are 0 value and I requested a refund. The refund arrived a week after I purchased the cards. There is a lot of bait and switch. You will get an email for something that you want. When you check it is gone but they offer a different card. Stay away from these people.

johnd500
2/11/16

THIS IS A SCAM. Do not use this website. If you sell Cardpool a gift card they will steal your money so beware. When you sell them your gift card and after they received it, they will claim that there is no money left on the card and they will blame it on you!! If you buy a gift card from them it will only have a balance of $1.00 or less and since most people will not spend it immediately… when you go to use it Guess what! NO cash! Again they will blame it on you. Any positive reviews that you see online for this company is posted by themselves. Use this company and lose all your money. Don’t do it.

johnb537
2/2/16

Had a problem with a Lowes gift card I purchased for a Christmas gift. Lowes decided to stop accepting them. Took a little bit for card pool to get back to me, but they did and credited my account the full amount of of the balance. The only reason I did not give 5 stars was the time it took them to respond.

toms200
2/2/16

I do not submit reviews unless the service/product is exceptionally good or bad. Unfortunately, Cardpool's customer service is exceptionally bad. I received some bad gift cards from them and tried to reach them by phone and email. It was hard to find a working phone number for them but eventually I did, however, I never received a reply. I was able to reach them by email but I've sent a total of 5-6 emails to them the past three weeks and the only replies that I receive back are automated statements. I guess they are not concerned about people contacting BBB or social media sites to share their experience? FOR WHAT IT IS WORTH: I WOULD ADVISE OTHERS TO AVOID CARDPOOL!

fkcardpoolf
1/24/16

They stole my giftcard never contacted my i exchanged my giftcard for an amazon one and never saw any proggres so i contacted them but nothing. Now my account doesnt even exist. Dont trust this pleople.

leilaf
1/24/16

DO NOT USE CARDPOOL. I sent in about $135 in gift cards to be exchanged for an Amazon card. It took 12 days for my envelope to be received to their processing center in northern California and sent it from San Diego. That was when I was suspicious and emailed them. They said they had not received it. Then a few days later they emailed me saying thy received my cards and that they both had a balance of $0.00. This is impossible because I have receipts for the cards. I have reported this company to the Better Business Bureau and I will be also reporting them to San Diego News Channels so that they can broadcast a story on this scam company. Do not take the risk!

amberc25
1/9/16

After a 8 days I got email stating one of the cards I sent in had a zero balance and had no information or balance for the other card. My computer is secure and nobody else had the code but them. I checked the balances on giftcard's website and they were not at zero. Looks like I'm out of that money, thanks for the scam! Too good to be true, yes it was!

lsiap
1/7/16

Company takes all of your credit card info and says your order has been placed. Then says you have to be verified. They call you and ask questions say everything matches up and your item will ship out. After receiving nothing you decide to call only to be told you are a "risk" and they cancelled your order. They only send auto responses to your questions and all comments get deleted off of their facebook page. Meanwhile they have all of your credit card info. Stay away from this company!

marks318
1/7/16

Submitted Best Buy $50 card on Friday, got e card following thursday for $46.91 as promised. Perfect transaction. A+++++++++++

rachelk28
1/6/16

After reading other reviews, I was very nervous about using this service. I was anxious about mailing my gift card with no guarantee I would get it or my money back. I tracked my envelope and followed the process and everything worked out. Phew! The reason I am giving 4 stars and not 5 is that Cardpool gave me quotes on two gift cards and then wouldn't buy the 2nd one. I wasn't surprised because the 2nd one had an expiration date, but Cardpool did not ask or disclose this exception at the beginning of the process, which is one of the reasons I decided to use them. Cardpool was VERY good about communicating with me via email. Right away, I asked them not to send me both cards back. I asked them to buy the 1st card and mail back the unusable card. They did. I got my check a couple of days ago and all is well. I don't usually write reviews (maybe that's obvious from this one), but I wanted to reassure anyone else out there that Cardpool worked for me as advertised (minus the expiration date glitch).

chrisd151
1/6/16

“I give 1 star only because it is the lowest I can. I sold a 300 homedepot store credit to them after waiting their 30 day policy to receive my check they said they would reissue another check sorry for the delay. They used or resold my card on the 12th. I know this because I got the transaction history and it shows that the used it. Even with the proof in hand they will not respond to emails ,delete my question,comments on Facebook..No real phone number to call some shady voicemail picks up right away..this is their recurring process as I found 100s of similar comments,reviews, stating their same shady work happened to them. Not trustworthy at all definitely a scam site they will take your money and never respond to you

michaele75
1/3/16

I was hesitant after reading so many negative reviews. I noticed that ALL of the gift card buying sites had massive negative reviews from certain review sites. One review site other than this one rated Cardpool very high. I figured that a lot of the negative reviews must be from idiots. I decided to go for it.
I received a $100 Target gift card fro Christmas. I verified the amount on the Target site. Went to Cardpool and entered the numbers and pin code. Choose the Amazon gift card via email code. Submitted on Friday, New Years Day. Got the email code Saturday night. Just now redeemed it on my Amazon account. Worked perfectly!!!!

Tip for consumers: Verify your gift card balance beforehand for no problems.

paml24
12/31/15

After a few firm emails about reporting them to the Pennsylvania Attorney General's office, my redemption code magically appeared. I will still NOT use this site in the future for gift card redemption.

nicolew58
12/27/15

Three times I have tried to buy an American Airlines gift card. Twice it took a few days to recieve an email response that my order was cancelled because information about me could not be verified. I have emailed Cardpool and they said they are not at liberty to disclose why. But in between these transactions I have bought physical clothing store cards with no problem that arrived in a week. So if the AA gift cards aren't for sale why do they waste my time? I referred a friend who got their card in a week. Got a $5 discount for the referral and now I can't buy anything. My billing info is 100% correct.

mirandam8
11/28/15

Not sure why there are so many negative reviews about this company, I think that they are great.I ordered a $65 H&M card from them on Sunday,11/22 , I paid $45 for it(That is 30% off) and I received it today 11/27. I also called H&M to verify that the card was legit and it is. Happy shopping people

johnc417
11/24/15

These folks are a mess. I bought cards for Home Depot from them and they they didn't give me advertised discount, sent the wrong cards and we're practically impossible to contact to rectify their mistakes. The only people that you can talk to can only send emails to the "boss". They are not allowed to call on phone (nor is customer allowed). Customer "service" should be re named "I could care less and I can prove it"

22 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Cardpool staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
6/1/16
Answer
jojor2
A: they'll never send it
6/5/16