Review of CardPool

San Francisco, CA 94104, US
support@cardpool.com

annas388
2/21/19

To anyone who sold gift cards to Cardpool and their payment is in review': My order was "in review" for 3 weeks. I went ahead and sold my $250 Ticketmaster gift card number with pin # to CardCash.com and got paid in 1 business day with no fee via PayPal. I called to check their customer service and got through to a friendly rep. CardCash is the real deal. CardPool smells scammy. CardCash paid $10 less but it was way worth it having that money securely and swiftly in my bank account. So if your transaction is IN REVIEW' - go ahead and submit your Card and Pin #s elsewhere - and delete your Cardpool payment info and cancel your order !

jesseb189
2/21/19

Listed my gift card to sell on their website, they never approved the listing and now my gift card shows as used when I never shared it with anyone else. Pure and simply theft.

caroll265
2/21/19
• Updated review

On 10/24/18 I purchased an Exxon card, which I gave to a friend. The friend brought me back the card along with a receipt showing the card was denied because it had a $0.00 balance. Cardpool's guarantee is for one year, but for months they have been ignoring my request for a refund.

“Used to be a good company...then they were bought by someone else”
11/7/18
• Previous review

I used to buy a LOT of gift cards from Cardpool. They had a large selection of cards, some at fabulous prices, others not so fabulous but a discount is a discount. And they had amazing, fantastic, customer service. That is all in the past. Now, they have a lousy selection of cards, lousier discounts and on a good day they have mediocre customer service. Most days it's just bad.

julies514
2/17/19

I've seen so many bad reviews for Cardpool that I decided to write about my positive experience. I think some people aren't giving it enough time. I went on their website around January 20th. I was selling a $25 Fandango gift card. I input all of my gift card info and waited patiently. On February 9th I got an email saying they processed the transaction and were mailing my check. On February 15th I received my check. I think if people are in a big hurry this may not be the website for you. However, if you are just hoping to unload a gift card you know you will not use, it's a great option.

yannickr6
2/13/19

They have a high rating as a company who accepts unwanted gift cards, so why aren't they acting like it? It's been almost a month since I've sold my gift card and I haven't gotten a response from them since. I messaged customer service twice,I even called only to be told to leave a message. In what world is card pool so busy they can't pickup phone calls. Clearly no one works at cardpool.

adelr10
2/7/19

I bought electronic gift cards and I have 3 cards that don't work. I emailed their customer support multiple times and called multiple times with zero response from this company. This is horrible since I don't have that much money and I bought those cards to save some money. is this a company scam.

laurag353
2/6/19

If I could have, I would have given them a 0. I sent two gift cards, and I never heard from them. I e-mailed them, and then they said they had received them. This was month after I had sent them. Then 3 weeks later I have to e-mail them again to see when my gift card would be coming to me for the two gift cards I sent them, and only then did they tell me they had cancelled my transaction because it was a high risk. The e-mail then went on to tell me that they would not give me any other information and were going to send the original gifts cards I sent them back to me. They are dishonest and their customer service is beyond terrible.

karent420
2/5/19

I did everything it ask me to online 1 month later still no money for my gift card sales.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY

michaelh1279
2/4/19

I sold a $100 gift card for bone fish grill. I figured they where credible, after all they do have thousands of machines around the nation. Yes... I was wrong. I have an email from when I sold them the gift card giving me a transaction #. Never received my 75$ check I was promised. Should of looked at there reviews first. Cardpool needs to pay for this. How are they getting away with this.

elizabeths520
2/2/19

I sold 3 gift cards to them, and it took over 2 months to get my money, and one of the cards is still stuck in their "processing" system. Their customer service is terrible, so don't even think of using them.

deborahr309
2/1/19

I have dealt with them before without a problem so figured it was safe but this time was different. I purchased $65 xbox e certificates for my grandson for xmas but when. He tried to use them it came back redeemed. I am filing complaints with the BBB & NYS Attorney general.

garys570
1/31/19

This company is a scam, they have absolutely no customer service if you have a problem. They do not return emails or phone messages, and you are left with no recourse, ripped me off for $385.00, STAY AWAY!!!!

krystinas1
1/28/19

I had never heard of this company before until they charged my account for $92.50. And then they tried to keep charging my account for that same amount several times over the next two days. Thankfully my back denied the other charges, but the rest charge went through and now I have $8 to my name. I've disputed the charge with my bank and I've reported them to the BBB. I want my money back!

rs333
1/26/19

was trying to exchange it for an Amazon card for slightly less value. Its been almost 2 weeks and the order still says under review. Cancelling. Not reliable or fast as they claim.

johnw1533
1/22/19

I sent them a card and they said there was a problem with the PIN. No, you just dont want to pay the $25.

Total scam.

rjd6
1/20/19

Customer service is nonexistent. It takes forever for them to review your transaction if you sell gift cards on their website.

barryk64
1/18/19

Stole $500 gift card from me. It's been "In-Review" for over a month now. NO RESPONSE from customer service NOTHING. STAY AWAY. DO NOT USE CARDPOOL EVER.

jaymieu1
1/17/19

Should have read the reviews first. Purchased a gift card on December 19th. It was unfortunately a physical card and had to be mailed. . . It is now January 17th and I have not received a card. I would gladly pursue this with the authorities. But who are the authorities???

andrewl345
1/15/19

I almost never review anything, but this is an actual scam. I'm going to be going to the authorities and would recommend anyone who has been burned by the scam do the same.

markd591
1/15/19

Let me start off by saying that I write very little reviews, but Cardpool's service thus far has been so bad I am compelled to. I purchased 3 separate sets of gift cards on 1/4/19. 2 of 3 orders were fulfilled by 1/6/19. The remaining order is still open as of 1/15/19 and I have no way to get a hold of Cardpool. This is highly unacceptable and a far cry from what their website says (often within 10 minutes, but typically within 3 business days). Mind you these were e-cards as well. This order says pending review. What are they reviewing?! If they don't have the cards cancel the order? It is a very simple transaction so I personally wonder if there pending review category just buys them time for inefficiencies in their process and/or issues with the card balances you purchase. I heard they manually validate the card balances after you order them and before they ship them. I suppose that may be good, but if they are worried the value doesn't match what they purchased (eg has changed since their acquisition of the card - how are they certain it wont change after you receive it?). Anyways, I just need to order something online and now I am stuck in a catch 22. Move ahead without the gift cards and risk being stuck with unused gift cards or wait to resolve this and risk the items I want to order go out of stock. Cardpool accepts emails and I have emailed them 2x (1/8 and 1/11) with no emailed responses. The did call me on 1/11 and left a VM (before my second email) stating that they need some additional verification from me. What could they possibly need? My name, address, CC info? This is a simple transaction folks. They should have an option to cancel order that drags on this long. The VM left a phone number (alas), but after a few greetings, which implies someone may answer (which I question the validity of), you get a VM. I have called at various times of the day and no one ever answers!! I am done with Cardpool.

adamh246
1/13/19

Cardpool sold me a gift card for Dillards on Oct 29, 2018 (Order #33073942). They charged me $85. There was supposed to be $100 in that card. On Jan 1st, 2019, I tried to use that card online. It turns out that the balance of the card is zero. They sold me a gift card that has zero balance and charged me $85 for that. Essentially, they stole my $85. I emailed them on Jan 1st and I tried to call them. They will never respond to my emails or calls. I left them 7 voicemails and 14 emails so far over the last 13 days and there's still no response. I once had a similar issue with another gift card seller, called (Raise) and they issued me refund instantly, they never ignored my calls and emails. But Cardpool scammed me. I have been waiting for 13 days for an answer from CardPool and there's nothing. They stole my money and they never respond to me. I also already filed a complaint with BBB and CFBP against them. They never responded to BBB/CFBP. Cardpool will never answer my phone call. Cardpool will never respond to my emails. My voicemails will go to trash. Adam Hazim 919-808-5440 h_h31@ymail.com

dang249
1/13/19

Been trying to reach them for a while, no one ever responds to my emails. (Unfortunately I must give them one star...)

amyh384
1/12/19

I bought 3 $25 AMC gift cards from them. When I received them, they are fine. But the balance are gone after a couple of months. They resale them to someone else again to make money. Cardpool is the worst company that I met!!!! No any communication from them about this issue. Don't do any business with them.

jewellc15
1/10/19

They have had my gift cards under review for 10 days. They never mail you any money. Don't do it. Customer service doesn't even bother to help you.

shirleyt93
1/10/19

I would not recommend them at all, I sold them 1 $50.00 Steak House Gift Card, they sent me postage and I took to post office and mailed on December 14th. They keep telling me they never got. I don't believe them, after reading about them, I believe they are a scam. DON'T USE THEM OR YOUR'LL GET TAKEN.

If anyone is in the San Diego area and would like to be featured on a news story regarding this scam company please contact me.

By Leila F.

DON'T DO IT! You're just rolling the dice with this company, if there is a problem, you ave no recourse.

By Paul G.

Hi Justin I would not use there service they scammed me out of a 400 Home Depot gift card then the block your account ignore emails and leave you with nothing I hope you look to another service it will save you headaches

By Chris D.

they'll never send it

By jojo r.

I would not purchase from card pool, there are other company that have better customer relatshion and better method to obtain your cards

By theodore w.

I have had luck selling on EBAY Also, you can use Raise.com. You actually send the cards to the actual buyer after sold.The company never gets the card

By Dan F.

google them they get nothing but terrible reviews. it took them 3 days to get me my code and then it did not work online as it was supposed to. I ended up paying full price for the dishwasher I needed and still no code that worked. I called Lowes and turned out it was good in the store but that is not what cardpool promised nor what they delivered. they refused to give me my money back. I had to make a quick trip to Lowes and spend it, as I was by now very leary of cardpool and at least wanted to get something for my $200. I went and quickly spent the gift code. I would stear clear of them. I have bought gift cards and codes for years and have never had this much trouble with one. BTW they will not answer their phone or emails for days. I went and complained to everyone I could ripoff report bbb ect. I did get my money via merchandise, but I would not have normally traveled to Lowes, but had no choice if I wanted to not be out my money, so I had to drive 20 miles out of my way to be sure I got something for my $200 a trip I would never have made other wise. So they wasted my gas and my time because they did not deliver what was promised. They could care less that it did not work online. BEWARE of this company they do not care anything about their clients .

By JAN M.

I would be surprised if you hear back from this company. its a scam. I've been trying for 2 weeks to get a response to my issue and zero response.

By Adel R.

I just called 415-419-8787 and someone answered the phone but they got mixed up my order with someone else's and he still told me he couldn't do anything. He kept telling me I have to send an email to their support center! This is absurd! They got my order mixed up but they told me the person who bought my gift card cancelled the order and they relisted my gift card. And I waited for days and nothing happened!

By Seunghee L.

I always mailed my cards and received checks.It usually took almost 2 weeks for the checks to come.You have to realize you can only submit codes on certain cards, others have to be mailed.There is a limit you will hit where they will insist you change into using their Bulk Seller's program.I am not sure of the dollar limit.I was paid for everything.My issue was I was charged back several months later for cards, and could not even talk to anyone about it.I have stopped doing business with them.It cost me several hundred dollars

By Dan F.
Questions? Get answers from the CardPool staff and other customers.

12 Photos for CardPool