Review of CardPool

San Francisco, CA 94104
support@cardpool.com

richardi19
12/11/17

I started using them as their rates were higher then others....but they are SLOW to list cards you sell and if you have any over $100 forget it. They cancelled so many of my cards with no reason what-so-ever. I have receipts and everything for all the cards I sell and they still reject them and refuse to tell me why.

Move on, there are better sites out there.

melj25
12/7/17

Don't work with this company unless you have lots of free time to try to get them to do right., Lots of extra money you'll need as well. NEVER AGAIN

jonathanb144
12/6/17

Contracted with them to sell a $100 Fleming's Steakhouse gift card for $73 amazon credit. Wasted my time sending the card to them, then told they "weren't able to accept the transaction at this time". Now they are sending back to me - what a waste. There is nothing wrong with the card, will just have to sell elsewhere.

stevenn34
12/5/17

I recently sold 2 target gift cards and I was impress on how fast the card was sold and I was able to get the pay check from Card pool within a Week. This is the first time I am using Cardpool and I am totally satisfy with the follow up from their process reminder through email. I don't see any problems as those negative comments.

katrinas33
12/3/17

I dont think they have the inventory advertised. Many times I'm waiting for a particular card, so checking multi times a day. Then I'll get an email that one is available and immediately login only to find no cards. It'll say "the last --- card sold 5 days ago"; so either the email or the site is wrong.

Other times I make an order, and then 6-7-8 days later (after the already advertised shipping period), the order will be cancelled for no given reason. Think they try bait and switch.

angiec49
12/3/17

I had 3 different Kohls gift cards, I told them on Tuesday Nov 28th the next morning I got an email stating my check is in the mail. I didn't expect much seeing they say it can be up to 3 weeks. Today is Saturday Dec 2nd and my check was in my mailbox. 5 days from start to finish and I got 78% of my money back

christinef58
12/3/17

I sold an Apple store card yesterday and opted for the Amazon gift card. I had my payout by late last night. Very happy with cardpool.

kristenh46
12/1/17

A few months ago I received about $900 in gift cards from my mom for a furniture store we dont have in my town. So I decided to sell. I sold some of the smaller ones to a store - cashier option - as they said - who only gave me half of the gift card. I understand this because of the middle man part they play. Was bummed but my issue was they didnt take the ones for higher values. Only the smaller ones. Not sure how the kiosk would do as I dont have one in my town. But wish I had tried just to see when I visited family.

So after reading reviews i figured Id play my luck at selling for a amazon gift card. I sold on a Friday and based on their website it said 1 business day, or 2 in holiday season. By Tuesday I had heard or seen nothing. I emailed them 2 times. Neither emails were answered until Thursday AM. However Wednesday someone called to verify the card to make sure it wasnt a fraud card. Thursday a reply to email said they would process it and I had the gift card to amazon that night.

I gave 3 stars based on the cashier option being really low- and them not following their time length. Otherwise wasnt a terrible experience and the fraud watch people were really nice!

melissaw119
11/28/17

It has been over 19 hours and I still have not received any gift card via email or any response to my inquiry. I think this is a fraudulent site and I would not buy from them ever AGAIN! Raise gave me the gift cards as soon as I purchased them.

ck110
11/25/17

Hadn't used Cardpool in over a year, so had to change my password as it was out of date. Then attempted to log in, but then keep getting an error message to try again later. Second time this has happened. Tried the "bot" customer service chat but it just asks me the same "what is your question" sort of thing no matter what I type. Has anyone gotten a reply from an email address or phone number? If so, what is it? Thx.

michaelm693
11/23/17

I had a 1,000$ home depot giftcatd that i could not use. Cardpool bought my card for 832$, of course I wanted all of it but your not gonna find any place to give you the full ammount. From start to finish it tool 6 days. What bothers me most is that you have to go e them a credit or debit card yet they will only issue you a payment in the form of a check. All in all im happy to get wut I got. Be prepared to wait about a week.good luck.

brittanys91
11/21/17

Did a best buy giftcard.It was accepted as a e-giftcard.I recieved my check within 3 business days.No hassle!

kellyw125
11/21/17

It has been 18 days since I placed my order, but have not received the gift cards. Contact the customer service via chat line, but could not get the problem solved.

endyl
11/19/17

Do NOT buy from this company. Go with ABCgiftcard, GiftcardZen, or Raise. They know how valuable each customer each and will treat you with the outmost respect. Read below for details:

Do NOT buy from this company unless you want to know how it feels to be discriminated and treated like a second class. Placed an order with them for some Apple gift cards (to purchase iphone X), and they cancelled my order WITHOUT contacting me or my credit card company. They just assumed that Im some sort of a loser who cant afford it. No, Im not making things up. I am TOO risky to be their customer! 760 credit score, 2% credit utilization ($215k credit limit) is too risky. Too risky to even send me an email or call me to verify my order, just straight up cancellation!!

Our risk assessment team has determined that we aren't able to process your order at this time.

Real customer, real review. Order number 25354790

robinp81
11/18/17

I have been trying to buy a couple gift cards lately within the last couple months. It's always the same thing, they are not allowing me to select card type and the cards I want are never in stock. It used to be a great website, I bought cards from them I'd say for 15 years but lately it's not been so great. It's not worth the aggravation

seanh95
11/18/17

If it was possible to rate 0, I would. Please stay away from this company. They get all of your sensitive credit card info plus social and approve the sell of your unwanted gift cards. Then they turn around and send this message:

We recently received your gift card code transaction but our processing center encountered an issue while processing your cards.

Our risk assessment team has determined that we aren't able to accept the transaction at this time. We have cancelled the transaction and are returning ownership of the gift cards to you. Unfortunately, we're not able to disclose any further specifics regarding this process.

We apologize for any inconvenience to you.

Best regards,
Customer Support
Cardpool.com

Yes it is an inconvenience. I received this email 3 days after I believed a check was in the mail. I was selling a $500 Victorias Secret gift card that an ex girlfriend got me for obvious reasons. It was a gift for me but meant for her. So I went through the online process with cardpool and they offered me $367 for the $500 gift card. I accepted the offer and put all of my personal and credit card info to prevent fraud. Then I received this email:

Thanks for using Cardpool! You'll earn $367.50 on your unwanted gift cards.

Your transaction number is #. We'll send you a check within 1 business day of verifying your gift cards and email you to let you know when we do.

Please keep your gift cards in a safe place to ensure that they are not redeemed. We'll send you payment for the following gift cards:

1. Victoria's Secret Electronic Gift Card ($500.00).
After verifying your gift cards, we'll mail a check to:

They have NO CUSTOMER SERVICE number to speak of. Which is extremely convenient for them. Just some bs email to send complaints. I imagine this email is sitting there with 1,000,000 unread messages of complaints and unhappy victims. Next time before doing anything online, I will use due diligence and read the reviews. If I would have read the horrible reviews about this fraudulent company I would have never attempted to do business with them. Please take heed. Once you give your information and submit your credit cards info and gift card info this fraudulent company has the ability to do what they will. They market themselves as the largest buyer and seller of gift cards to lure people in. Then they get you. BEWARE!

jesc6
11/8/17

Finally after more than a week status changed to complete. Check is supposedly mailed. No check, theyre blaming USPS off course. Other mail and checks seems to arrive without any delays or problems. I took the chance of listing other cards, one cancelled for no reason. I decided to cancel the other ones myself. Obviously a company thats committing fraud and scamming people. I suspect every positive review is fake!

eddiep32
11/8/17

Yesterday was the first time that I ever used cardpool. At first I was like many of you, very skeptical about the service because of all the bad reviews theyve gotten. However, that was not the case with my experience. I spent 3 days looking for better alternatives but cardpool offered the biggest buyout/Exchange. I exchanged my B.B. CG for an Amazon gift card and received 96% of my B.B. gift card, which was awesome. I did get worried because my transaction said complete within a few hours but I hadnt received my e-gift card. So I again looked up more reviews and became worried that I might have gotten scammed. But the next day I received my gift card at 7am. Everything went smoothly and will continue to use their services.

How can cardpool improve? I think if they incorporated a tracking feature to check the status of your card being made and sent would give everyone a piece of mind.

Ive heard their customer service needs improvement but luckily I havent had the need to contact them.

I was experiencing the same problem as many that there was a temporary error when logging in. Simply login using a computer. I know it sucks because a lot of times people just use their cell phones. But it worked for me.

I also experienced the issue where you type in the card number and pin and decide to leave the page for whatever reason and then decide to come back and reeenter the information, but the system says this card has already been entered but doesnt give an option to resume. If you have an account and input this info, it just stores it for you if you return and wish to continue. Log into your account using a computer NOT a cellphone. Youll be able to continue from there or even cancel that transaction if you wish before you finalize it.

viveg
11/6/17

IT HAS BEEN A TERRIBLE PROCESS, TRYING TO SUBMIT MY REQUEST ON YOUR SITE. JANUARY,, I HAVE TRIED SINCE JANUARY. 10 MONTHS!

jacobe18
10/31/17

I bought gift cards about a week ago. Haven't gotten a response to my many emails as to where are my gift cards. no phone # to cust service!

kimb1847
10/30/17

Customer service email is slow and not helpful. cannot use moblie cards. register at lowes says nothing in cards.

stay far away

gc72
10/26/17

It's taken days for my order to be settled because apparently an $85 purchase requires a phone call to Cardpool for a survey that verifies your identity. I haven't experienced this elsewhere and to think that a card that I needed days ago is going to take another 24 hours to get to me...well, that's just ridiculous. Huge inconvenience and disappointment.

lindal280
10/25/17

Reported a fraud order and the bought card has no money inside! 3 days passed,No response from cardpool!!

sergiyn
10/23/17

I ordered Lowe's electronic gift card , but they send paper ... and says : you ordered Walmart paper gift card and we send it . The normal service ???

amyt83
10/16/17

I had a hard time getting set up with them the first time I bought. Their security measures were over the top so I had to talk to someone on the phone for my order to go through. But since then I have bought LOTS of gift cards and saved a lot of money. The only ones I have had trouble with were Chick fil A cards, because they would flag the card after I used it once, but cardpool refunded what I lost quickly so I had a good customer service experience. If you order a physical card, it will take a week or two to receive. If you order an electronic gift card it takes up to 24 hours but is usually a little quicker than that.

If anyone is in the San Diego area and would like to be featured on a news story regarding this scam company please contact me.

By Leila F.

Hi Justin I would not use there service they scammed me out of a 400 Home Depot gift card then the block your account ignore emails and leave you with nothing I hope you look to another service it will save you headaches

By Chris D.

they'll never send it

By jojo r.

I would not purchase from card pool, there are other company that have better customer relatshion and better method to obtain your cards

By theodore w.

I have had luck selling on EBAY Also, you can use Raise.com. You actually send the cards to the actual buyer after sold.The company never gets the card

By Dan F.

google them they get nothing but terrible reviews. it took them 3 days to get me my code and then it did not work online as it was supposed to. I ended up paying full price for the dishwasher I needed and still no code that worked. I called Lowes and turned out it was good in the store but that is not what cardpool promised nor what they delivered. they refused to give me my money back. I had to make a quick trip to Lowes and spend it, as I was by now very leary of cardpool and at least wanted to get something for my $200. I went and quickly spent the gift code. I would stear clear of them. I have bought gift cards and codes for years and have never had this much trouble with one. BTW they will not answer their phone or emails for days. I went and complained to everyone I could ripoff report bbb ect. I did get my money via merchandise, but I would not have normally traveled to Lowes, but had no choice if I wanted to not be out my money, so I had to drive 20 miles out of my way to be sure I got something for my $200 a trip I would never have made other wise. So they wasted my gas and my time because they did not deliver what was promised. They could care less that it did not work online. BEWARE of this company they do not care anything about their clients .

By JAN M.

I just called 415-419-8787 and someone answered the phone but they got mixed up my order with someone else's and he still told me he couldn't do anything. He kept telling me I have to send an email to their support center! This is absurd! They got my order mixed up but they told me the person who bought my gift card cancelled the order and they relisted my gift card. And I waited for days and nothing happened!

By Seunghee L.

I always mailed my cards and received checks.It usually took almost 2 weeks for the checks to come.You have to realize you can only submit codes on certain cards, others have to be mailed.There is a limit you will hit where they will insist you change into using their Bulk Seller's program.I am not sure of the dollar limit.I was paid for everything.My issue was I was charged back several months later for cards, and could not even talk to anyone about it.I have stopped doing business with them.It cost me several hundred dollars

By Dan F.

DO not do it!! If you do, I would document it and watch your bank account.

By FOUR O.

One off their private #'s is 925-226-9988; also 800-240-6188 and 415-419-8787. Did you try emailing them @support@cardpool.com . Did you contact your bank/credit card issuer?

By FOUR O.
Questions? Get answers from the CardPool staff and other customers.

CardPool?