Review of CardPool

San Francisco, CA 94104, US
support@cardpool.com

andrewl345
1/15/19

I almost never review anything, but this is an actual scam. I'm going to be going to the authorities and would recommend anyone who has been burned by the scam do the same.

markd591
1/15/19

Let me start off by saying that I write very little reviews, but Cardpool's service thus far has been so bad I am compelled to. I purchased 3 separate sets of gift cards on 1/4/19. 2 of 3 orders were fulfilled by 1/6/19. The remaining order is still open as of 1/15/19 and I have no way to get a hold of Cardpool. This is highly unacceptable and a far cry from what their website says (often within 10 minutes, but typically within 3 business days). Mind you these were e-cards as well. This order says pending review. What are they reviewing?! If they don't have the cards cancel the order? It is a very simple transaction so I personally wonder if there pending review category just buys them time for inefficiencies in their process and/or issues with the card balances you purchase. I heard they manually validate the card balances after you order them and before they ship them. I suppose that may be good, but if they are worried the value doesn't match what they purchased (eg has changed since their acquisition of the card - how are they certain it wont change after you receive it?). Anyways, I just need to order something online and now I am stuck in a catch 22. Move ahead without the gift cards and risk being stuck with unused gift cards or wait to resolve this and risk the items I want to order go out of stock. Cardpool accepts emails and I have emailed them 2x (1/8 and 1/11) with no emailed responses. The did call me on 1/11 and left a VM (before my second email) stating that they need some additional verification from me. What could they possibly need? My name, address, CC info? This is a simple transaction folks. They should have an option to cancel order that drags on this long. The VM left a phone number (alas), but after a few greetings, which implies someone may answer (which I question the validity of), you get a VM. I have called at various times of the day and no one ever answers!! I am done with Cardpool.

adamh246
1/13/19

Cardpool sold me a gift card for Dillards on Oct 29, 2018 (Order #33073942). They charged me $85. There was supposed to be $100 in that card. On Jan 1st, 2019, I tried to use that card online. It turns out that the balance of the card is zero. They sold me a gift card that has zero balance and charged me $85 for that. Essentially, they stole my $85. I emailed them on Jan 1st and I tried to call them. They will never respond to my emails or calls. I left them 7 voicemails and 14 emails so far over the last 13 days and there's still no response. I once had a similar issue with another gift card seller, called (Raise) and they issued me refund instantly, they never ignored my calls and emails. But Cardpool scammed me. I have been waiting for 13 days for an answer from CardPool and there's nothing. They stole my money and they never respond to me. I also already filed a complaint with BBB and CFBP against them. They never responded to BBB/CFBP. Cardpool will never answer my phone call. Cardpool will never respond to my emails. My voicemails will go to trash. Adam Hazim 919-808-5440 h_h31@ymail.com

dang249
1/13/19

Been trying to reach them for a while, no one ever responds to my emails. (Unfortunately I must give them one star...)

amyh384
1/12/19

I bought 3 $25 AMC gift cards from them. When I received them, they are fine. But the balance are gone after a couple of months. They resale them to someone else again to make money. Cardpool is the worst company that I met!!!! No any communication from them about this issue. Don't do any business with them.

jewellc15
1/10/19

They have had my gift cards under review for 10 days. They never mail you any money. Don't do it. Customer service doesn't even bother to help you.

shirleyt93
1/10/19

I would not recommend them at all, I sold them 1 $50.00 Steak House Gift Card, they sent me postage and I took to post office and mailed on December 14th. They keep telling me they never got. I don't believe them, after reading about them, I believe they are a scam. DON'T USE THEM OR YOUR'LL GET TAKEN.

zacharyk22
1/8/19

cardpool is the worst company there is TOTAL SCAM AS WELL AS A PONZI SCHEME THIS SITE IS TOTALLY TRASH I HATE THIS COMPANY I WOULD NEVER USE THIS COMPANY EVER AGAIN THIS COMPANY IS COMPLETELY FAKE AND THEY ARE TAKING BIG ADVANTAGE OF PEOPLE ANY THEY ARE A BUNCH OF PONZI SCHEME LIERS

christinas303
1/7/19

I sold 2 Apple gift cards , got an email they got them , then nothing!! I waited almost 2 weeks and emailed them. Again nothing no response! I just tried calling and their customer service is a voicemail screwed !!!

joshuac203
1/5/19

I submitted my card 11 BUSINESS days ago. I get it was the holidays, they say it takes 2 business days but maybe more over the holidays. Cool no problem. After 6 business days and 0 updates to my listing (still in Review) I email their support seeing if something is wrong or just really to get any sort of feedback on my pending listing.

5 more business days later not a single word from their support nor any change to my "in review' listing. F that I'm out. Come here and read some horror stories! Dodged a bullet it seems. I'll sell my card at a much more reputable place.

meaghanc5
12/30/18

I bought a card that was supposed to have $100 balance on it. I bought it for $88. I went to try to use it and it has $73 on it!! I have tried in every way to contact cardpool and they don't respond! I have emailed on multiple occasions and managed to dig up a phone number for them on google and called but all you get is a voicemail that they never return! Very unhappy and feel this will not get resolved because they don't have a customer service!!

mattc234
12/30/18

I sold them a 415$ kohls card . Gave them my information on my card and guess what? Surprise.... !!!! I didn't get nada from nothing ... no notification or nothing so my family and 3 daughter's of mine went shopping thinking the transaction didn't go through. They milked me of everything. Contacted kohls with no help after calling and emailing cardpool . No response at all hours like their always busy . It smells like a duck , it's a dam duck ..!! Straight scam .!!! Logged in and they erase all transactions of mine too . Hope the FBI GET THEM like I read . They fake and good at it .. DONT FALL FOR THEM.. they even erase the transaction again !!!

ef37
12/19/18

The concept is great, but just as others have stated, when I purchased an electronic gift card it was later cancelled. The site says if you purchase an electronic gift card it is usually delivered in 10 minutes but can take up to a business day. I waited a business day and still had not received an email with the gift card. I emailed Cardpool and then was informed that the transaction had been canceled because there was no inventory. Waste of time, they could at least take the initiative to be proactive and inform the customer if there is no longer inventory instead of making them wait.

lorim256
12/11/18

Half of my purchases have been cancelled because there was no inventory. I was thrilled, done with my Christmas shopping at last but a free days later I was sunk with an email that my orders were cancelled. I boughta bunch of $50 certs for $32. great deals! Cardpool inventory still says that they have cards available. I tried calling. Nope! Leave a message or try email. Will the cards I already purchased even work? Risk embarrassment and loss of $200 bucks? I am losing faith and very disappointed and still have to find presents when I thought I was done. You suck Cardpool! You were recommended to me and I should of went somewhere else!!!

danielleh136
12/4/18

This company confirmed my transaction made me wait five days never sent a payout and then when I messaged them about my payout canceled my transaction without any explanation complete waste of time I wouldn't recommend selling ur gift cards to this company.

ralucak
12/3/18

Cardpool sold me a fraudulent paper gift card face value $50. I purchased it for$39. I tried using it at the restaurant and balance was $0. I was embarrassed, as you can imagine!
I sent out two emails to ask cardpool to solve this matter. They have never returned email or a phone call.
I am very disappointed and dissatisfied with the way they conduct business. They are unreliable.You are loosing you money more than save by going business with them.

davidc1427
11/28/18

My story. I had a Target Gift Card with a verified amount of 125.00. I wished to exchange it for an Amazon E-Gift card at a lower exchange. The website accepted the Card's information and the FAQ stated I would receive my E-Card within 2 business days during peak holiday season. Four days later they still had not processed our transaction and when emailing support, they took another two days to finally respond..

Their response was vague and without merit. They claimed that due to "Risk Assessment" they would not be processing my request. They provided no details and anyone with common sense knows that this response was due to my reaching out to support over the excessive time delay in processing our transaction.

I would not recommend anyone using Cardpool. They don't contact customers when there's an issue and refuse service if you contact them to inquire about the transaction. I will be sharing this story with the BBB as well. BTW.. many, many complaints filed with the BBB over this and other shady practices they indulge in. Safeway and Blackhawk should be ashamed themselves. Cesspool would be a more fitting name for this company.

I've attached their discriminatory response from a McJob CSR named Lindsay after 4 business days AND after I emailed support about the 2 day turnaround time they failed to meet on their own FAQ page.

Tip for consumers: Go in expecting dissapointment and a run around. They WILL meet those expectations!

gregh114
11/21/18

Cancelled my order and would not tell me why. I contacted them for more information but they said they would not give any further information. I wouldn't trust them.

suzannep100
11/21/18

My purchase included two (2) e-gift cards. A receipt listing both e-cards was emailed to me. They emailed me only one (1) of those e-cards. After three (3) emails to them, in which they did respond several days later each, they kept sending me the same e-card that they originally sent. I am now disputing the charge for the e-card I didn't receive with my credit card company. NEVER AGAIN!

amitm29
11/13/18

I was a long time customer but for this recent and BIG purchase I made. They screwed me up royally.
For the most part I made $2000 plus GC PURCHASE IN which included a Bloomingdales gift card, never opened until now when I went to the store and release that my $800 plus for a GC I PAID IS NOT even a valid card based on Bloomingdales support.
Now it has been 5 days and i am waiting for carpool support reply!!!
So pissed that I invested so much and they so not care

ashleyb361
11/12/18

I sold my $150 gift card to Cardpool. I documented everything, just to be safe. In less than 24 hours the Amazon payout giftcard was sent to my email. I have already used a portion of it. I am highly satisfied!

caroll265
11/7/18

I used to buy a LOT of gift cards from Cardpool. They had a large selection of cards, some at fabulous prices, others not so fabulous but a discount is a discount. And they had amazing, fantastic, customer service. That is all in the past. Now, they have a lousy selection of cards, lousier discounts and on a good day they have mediocre customer service. Most days it's just bad.

jackies158
10/24/18

I sent them a $500 Home Depot gift card I got as a birthday gift. They said it would take 3-7 business days to receive my check in the mail. I'm going on to week 2 now without my check, I email them to send a new check and they refuse saying it's in USPS hands now. I don't know where to go from here and I'm livid I believed this company was legit. Does anyone know anything I can do to get my money back or the gift card credit? I called Home Depot and the money was already used. Also on their website there is a certification for BBB and Truste so that people feel more comfortable working with cardpool but when you click on these links this is what you see (refer to picture uploaded)

martiac
10/21/18

I just want to say reading some of those reviews had me super worried. But I took it upon myself and I sold my Apple card to Cardpool. I had my amazon code within 24 hrs. I already had my items in my cart at Amazon. So as soon as they sent me my codes. I went and used them in my cart. They worked immediately with noooo problems. I will use them again. Thanks Cardpool. And to Bruce the rep that called and verified my card.

chrisd470
10/4/18

I only paid $81 for a $100 Children's Place electronic gift card. The code arrived about 12 hours later to my email inbox and I was able to add it to my Children's Place account with no issue for the full $100. I would have given it 5 stars had the gift card code arrived sooner than 12 hours. I am very satisfied and will probably use them again.

If anyone is in the San Diego area and would like to be featured on a news story regarding this scam company please contact me.

By Leila F.

DON'T DO IT! You're just rolling the dice with this company, if there is a problem, you ave no recourse.

By Paul G.

Hi Justin I would not use there service they scammed me out of a 400 Home Depot gift card then the block your account ignore emails and leave you with nothing I hope you look to another service it will save you headaches

By Chris D.

they'll never send it

By jojo r.

I would not purchase from card pool, there are other company that have better customer relatshion and better method to obtain your cards

By theodore w.

I have had luck selling on EBAY Also, you can use Raise.com. You actually send the cards to the actual buyer after sold.The company never gets the card

By Dan F.

google them they get nothing but terrible reviews. it took them 3 days to get me my code and then it did not work online as it was supposed to. I ended up paying full price for the dishwasher I needed and still no code that worked. I called Lowes and turned out it was good in the store but that is not what cardpool promised nor what they delivered. they refused to give me my money back. I had to make a quick trip to Lowes and spend it, as I was by now very leary of cardpool and at least wanted to get something for my $200. I went and quickly spent the gift code. I would stear clear of them. I have bought gift cards and codes for years and have never had this much trouble with one. BTW they will not answer their phone or emails for days. I went and complained to everyone I could ripoff report bbb ect. I did get my money via merchandise, but I would not have normally traveled to Lowes, but had no choice if I wanted to not be out my money, so I had to drive 20 miles out of my way to be sure I got something for my $200 a trip I would never have made other wise. So they wasted my gas and my time because they did not deliver what was promised. They could care less that it did not work online. BEWARE of this company they do not care anything about their clients .

By JAN M.

I just called 415-419-8787 and someone answered the phone but they got mixed up my order with someone else's and he still told me he couldn't do anything. He kept telling me I have to send an email to their support center! This is absurd! They got my order mixed up but they told me the person who bought my gift card cancelled the order and they relisted my gift card. And I waited for days and nothing happened!

By Seunghee L.

I always mailed my cards and received checks.It usually took almost 2 weeks for the checks to come.You have to realize you can only submit codes on certain cards, others have to be mailed.There is a limit you will hit where they will insist you change into using their Bulk Seller's program.I am not sure of the dollar limit.I was paid for everything.My issue was I was charged back several months later for cards, and could not even talk to anyone about it.I have stopped doing business with them.It cost me several hundred dollars

By Dan F.

One off their private #'s is 925-226-9988; also 800-240-6188 and 415-419-8787. Did you try emailing them @support@cardpool.com . Did you contact your bank/credit card issuer?

By FOUR O.
Questions? Get answers from the CardPool staff and other customers.

12 Photos for CardPool