Review of Belk

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

ch24366
4/22/17

Relatively new in town ,I stopped in at Belk in Leesburg. I had received a coupon which read 20% off regular or sales marked items. I spent about 45 minutes browsing the store and tried on several items. After settling on a pair of shoes and a couple polo shirts I proceeded to the cashier and presented my coupon. she informed me that the coupon wasn't good on doorbusters. I was not aware that these items were a " doorbuster" but I told her that I came and and the coupon had said 20% off sales items .
She pointed out that terms were on the back of the coupon, showing me the tiniest pront i had ever seen.
I told her i couldnt read that with ny glasses.
She responded "what do you want,a poster!"
That was my first and last visit to belks

alexm269
4/12/17

I returned an order using the return label included in my order. I contacted customer service to see if they received it- turns out there was an additional label that needed to be paid for. No where did it say this on the packing slip or return form. Every other place I have returned an order to that says attach included label and return, was indeed what it meant. Confused by the customer service, I have essentially just lost an order in the mail!? I have returned things I've ordered online from other stores before, and I read the instructions included with my order many times to ensure I was returning correctly. They were of no help when I contacted customer service, they need to update their instructions so people aren't losing orders in the mail! I planned to re order the shoes I was returning in a larger size, but not anymore.

Tip for consumers: I should have checked reviews before purchasing, sucks!

anneb99
4/11/17

My sister and I went to Belks in Baton Rouge,La. My sister was standing in line waiting to check out. When it became her turn the check out woman walked away and pretend she was busy hanging up clothes. (This was a Caucasian lady) so my sister stayed in line until the other lady waited on me and went to her as soon as my sister went to the other cashier she asked a Caucasian lady 'may I help you) my sister said to her 'you walked away when I was in line and now you are asking this lady if you can help her." The other blacks behind was in shock. My sister said to the other cashier she wasn't going to make the purchased and walked away. I was still standing there. She then started talking to the other cashier but she didn't respond to her. I said you owe her an apology. She said I don't , I didn't do anything wrong. OMG. I reported it to Corp and they had the supervisor he said he was going to talk to the cashier. He said will your sister continue to shop with Belks I said I don't know. He should have offered her an incentive to continue shopping there. So obvious!!!!!! 0 rating

nancyb194
3/13/17

Jeanie in shoes at the Orange Park store went out of her way to help my sister and myself She ordered shoes that they didn't have my size in that they didn't offer at Avenues mall Her smile and help made our shopping trip enjoyable

micheller138
2/24/17

Stay out of politics. You have lost some very good customers for making a "statement" with the dropping of Trump merchandise. You will learn your lesson the hard way. I cut up my Belk Elite card and will never shop with you again. From a proud deplorable!

wendyc86
2/15/17

Lost a customer of almost 3 decades today. Good luck with the customers you choose to put importance on. Hope they spend money there. Doubtful but you just turned away a ton that do. Kudos! NOT!

deplorables
2/10/17

From a deplorable!! That big fat red section of the map that won't spend my thousands of dollars anymore at Belk. Shameful!

thomasw137
2/9/17

My card shows a date of 1976 on it and I am very disappointed in your choice to limit my ability to purchase Trump products in your stores or on line .....I suggest you get this fixed ASAP or my trips to your business will be sharply curtailed .....We do not have to go there as you very well know.

carolines52
2/8/17

Since you've removed Ivanka Trump's line from your store I will be shopping elsewhere. Her clothes are reasonably priced and perfect for work. I cut my Belk card up tonight and have told my friends to shop elsewhere as well. Belk may be facing the end of an era since they've chosen to put their political views out there. I have been a customer my entire life, my mom actually worked as a department manager prior to my birth. With so many online sites I'm sure I'll find plenty of sites that want my money without dictating their political views by dropping my favorite brand.

carolyne35
2/2/17

I was shopping for shoes to go with a dinner dress that I had purchased. Beck in Elkin didn't have the shoes I needed, they were the first ones I checked with, because I live in Elkin, NC. I was going to Winston Salem the next day so I thought I would check their Belk out before I ask for help. Surprisingly they neither had them so I went to Concord NC and they didn't have my size but the so she called Statesville & they said they had my size. Called Statesville Belk the next morning and the lady in the shoe department put me on hold TWICE, Hanging up both times I called back 3rd time she said they DIDN'T have my size. After much thought I called Belk, Elkin NC and spoke to Kathy St.John and told her my story. She said immediately I will be glad to see what the problem is and call you back in 30 mins. Just a short time later Kathy called and said they were holding the shoes for me, I could either have them shipped or go to Statesville and get them. I chose to drive to Statesville. Kathy St.John should be recognized for her courtesy and help she gave. Much appreciated. Thank You. Every employee at Belk in Elkin NC has always been very helpful.

alo891
1/28/17

I called at 630 pm to ask if my cosmetic counter person was available. Sje wasnt but I went anyway to make two purchases and left with nothing because I am an associate and we are always last. I talked to a manager and I got If you think its bad tonight tomorrow will be worse. Never ever again.

johnm916
11/6/16

I was charged 10 times for the same order pending on my belk statement customer service played phone tag for an hour with no resolve

anonymusa4
10/24/16

Why does Belk have the worst employee application proccess that I have ever seen ,it's out dated and complicated ?

ewah1
9/26/16

I ordered Lancome product with a Lancome FREE 7-PIECE GIFT WITH ANY $35 LANCÔME PURCHASE. They sent me my ordered product (thank God) with only 6 pieces free gift. When I contacted them they wrongly interpreted the offer and didn't do anything to resolve the issue. I'm ready to return my order and the free gift but after I read all complaints online I give up. Terrible customer service!

tanyaf13
9/20/16

The last 2 times that I have shopped at Belk, the sales associate has been very rude. Don't want to shop there anymore.

anonymousa83
9/4/16

I purchased a watch as an anniversary gift to my husband. The watch was a Mavado bold motion which is a very costly watch. I didn't realize at the time that the sales person packaged my watch in the wrong Movado box and bagged did it for me. I drove 2 1/2 hours to get home to give my husband his gift. When he opened the box he realized that there was no charger included and it was not the correct box. The next day I called the store and explained my situation. The store manager was unwilling to help, nor did she care. I called back later and spoke to a different manager and she was worse. Both managers tried to convince me but I was wrong and that it did not come with a charger. They tried to make me feel like I was inconveniencing them. They told me they would send me instructions to figure out how to use it. I explained to them I don't need instructions I need the charger. They continued to tell me that it doesn't come with a charger, it was pre-charged at the factory, I need to send it back every two years to be recharged etc. When I tried to tell them they were wrong, they got upset. I told them to go on the movado website and look it up themselves but they refused. Needless to say the situation is not resolved as of yet. I will have to spend $85 in gas and five hours worth of driving in order to try and resolve this situation face-to-face. The manager asked me not to come to the store because they could not find the box or the charger. Finally the manager did not know how to resolve my situation so she hung up on me and that was the last time I spoke to them before calling the Belks customer service line to complain.

lashandaf
8/10/16

I went into Belk show department to buy my son a pair of shoes. I had to keep searching for an employee to help me. One employee came and checked for a pair of shoes and quickly left. I went and searched for another employee and he said he was busy to ask an employee across the aisle. Approached another employee and she was not nice. She acted as if I was a bother and had a nasty attitude. The customer service was horrible. I left and went to Dillards.

allisone13
6/18/16

Keara an associate at belk coastal grand mall was the first I had to encounter.I shop at belk religiously it is the one place i always felt i could find what I needed.First i wait in line while Keara needs to finish an important discussion on when she will take her break. She finally noticed me.Letting Keara know I just want to exchange a $36 item for store credit.Just purchasing it this month didnt think to bring my receipt.She made me aware it would only be an $8 credit. In an offhand remark I say oh thats bullsh*. At this time I did not know I offended a grown woman with a swear word. She lets me know she can look it up by card if I paid that way. While looking in my bag I harmlessly ask how is your day going? she huffs and says fine. I ask oh wow did I ask the wrong question?Thinking maybe she is having a hard day. But no it was because of me. She say well no you just swore at me. I clarify that I was not swearing at her it was just an off the cuff remark because I was shocked by the difference in price. I told her that if i had offended her i wish she had told me. You see if I had known I had offended her by me saying a swear word I would have apologized. Her response thats not my responsibility.I am off work today i didnt think to watch one word in front of adults. I didnt scream or shout at her or say this is your fault , so why was i treated with such animosity. As humans if we offend one another its easier to make people aware instead of acting rude at your own work place. I asked to speak with Jake Dean the manager while Keara is talking on the phone with him they go back and forth because he is upstairs and apparently didnt want to come downstairs. I tell him what happened, not one apology, till I pointed it out. While he walks away Keara decides to say more to me. To the point her coworker has to tell her to walk away. But lets not forget them whispering in the corner about me like I am not there.I let the manager know what has occured while he was away well here is the shocker he yet again had nothing to say.Saying nothing shows me that nothing will even be addressed. Everyone hurts in this economy you figure you would want to retain people that shop at you establishment instead of push them away. Maybe its because i wasnt dressed up because it was my day off and I didnt look like I have money. Who knows. But I for sure know they lost a loyal customer shopping there for 10 years now.

melindad12
6/9/16

I love the merchandise advertised on Belk's website as sale or clearance. However, it is rare that I have received a full order. They send me emails that my merchandise is being processed and then a few days later it is cancelled. In addition, I would agree that contacting customer service is usually unrewarding as they are often rude and unable to help.

yingl1
5/10/16

they are advertising the sales on their website. so I have placed several orders on their website for my business. they confirmed the orders. then in few days they canceled them all. I called the customer service. their answer was they are all cosmetics, so their vendor does not allow me to purchase so many. so many??? four different items!! if your company can't afford a sale. then don't even run one! that's so pitiful !

kloii
4/22/16

I bought 4 items online because they were out of stock for a particular item I needed for a wedding. I get my items in the mail within a few days which is awesome but of course the item i needed for the wedding was in the wrong color. I called immediately and said they would get everything taken care of and send me the correct color. Two weeks has gone by now and they just YESTERDAY put it in to expedite the process. I called on four different occasions and asked for them to email or call me after getting some type of update. I never received anything. I love Belk and shop there all the time but will never order anything online again. This is absolutely ridiculous and HORRIBLE customer service.

ashleyh79
3/24/16

Last night I purchased a luggage set on sale and the first time I tried to order it, it said my card did not go through. I tried again, and it didn't work. So I tried one more time finally it went through. I got an email saying my order was placed. The next morning I get an email saying it was canceled and little did I know it was out of stock! They charged my card 3 times and failed to tell me the item was out of stock! Terrible service.

shirleyb57
2/12/16

I love the stuff,got some cute stuff cheap...ship was ok too.

stevenb115
1/25/16

Purchased a nutcracker online and recieved it in a box 4 times it size damaged in 6 pieces and now received another nutcracker in the mail damaged as well. Very poor packing even an infant could do a better packing job.

roxannet4
12/29/15

I placed an order with them on 12/27/15 and then I checked my account on 12/28/15 and I was charged again. I called to ask them why and they said it was my bank and I said no boo boo it is you. They charge when you make the order and then when the ordered is processed and shipped they charge again. I told them I shop at Nordstroms, Macy's and Bloomingdales's and I have never ever been double charged. They say the first charge will fall off after the standard 5 to 7 days. What if checks are coming in and what if you need the money?
I asked them well why doesn't your website make people aware of this before they order. Ummmmmmm dead air. Buyer beware!!!!!!

1 rating was submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

9 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Belk staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question