US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

tanyaf13
9/20/16

The last 2 times that I have shopped at Belk, the sales associate has been very rude. Don't want to shop there anymore.

anonymousa83
9/4/16

I purchased a watch as an anniversary gift to my husband. The watch was a Mavado bold motion which is a very costly watch. I didn't realize at the time that the sales person packaged my watch in the wrong Movado box and bagged did it for me. I drove 2 1/2 hours to get home to give my husband his gift. When he opened the box he realized that there was no charger included and it was not the correct box. The next day I called the store and explained my situation. The store manager was unwilling to help, nor did she care. I called back later and spoke to a different manager and she was worse. Both managers tried to convince me but I was wrong and that it did not come with a charger. They tried to make me feel like I was inconveniencing them. They told me they would send me instructions to figure out how to use it. I explained to them I don't need instructions I need the charger. They continued to tell me that it doesn't come with a charger, it was pre-charged at the factory, I need to send it back every two years to be recharged etc. When I tried to tell them they were wrong, they got upset. I told them to go on the movado website and look it up themselves but they refused. Needless to say the situation is not resolved as of yet. I will have to spend $85 in gas and five hours worth of driving in order to try and resolve this situation face-to-face. The manager asked me not to come to the store because they could not find the box or the charger. Finally the manager did not know how to resolve my situation so she hung up on me and that was the last time I spoke to them before calling the Belks customer service line to complain.

lashandaf
8/10/16

I went into Belk show department to buy my son a pair of shoes. I had to keep searching for an employee to help me. One employee came and checked for a pair of shoes and quickly left. I went and searched for another employee and he said he was busy to ask an employee across the aisle. Approached another employee and she was not nice. She acted as if I was a bother and had a nasty attitude. The customer service was horrible. I left and went to Dillards.

allisone13
6/18/16

Keara an associate at belk coastal grand mall was the first I had to encounter.I shop at belk religiously it is the one place i always felt i could find what I needed.First i wait in line while Keara needs to finish an important discussion on when she will take her break. She finally noticed me.Letting Keara know I just want to exchange a $36 item for store credit.Just purchasing it this month didnt think to bring my receipt.She made me aware it would only be an $8 credit. In an offhand remark I say oh thats bullsh*. At this time I did not know I offended a grown woman with a swear word. She lets me know she can look it up by card if I paid that way. While looking in my bag I harmlessly ask how is your day going? she huffs and says fine. I ask oh wow did I ask the wrong question?Thinking maybe she is having a hard day. But no it was because of me. She say well no you just swore at me. I clarify that I was not swearing at her it was just an off the cuff remark because I was shocked by the difference in price. I told her that if i had offended her i wish she had told me. You see if I had known I had offended her by me saying a swear word I would have apologized. Her response thats not my responsibility.I am off work today i didnt think to watch one word in front of adults. I didnt scream or shout at her or say this is your fault , so why was i treated with such animosity. As humans if we offend one another its easier to make people aware instead of acting rude at your own work place. I asked to speak with Jake Dean the manager while Keara is talking on the phone with him they go back and forth because he is upstairs and apparently didnt want to come downstairs. I tell him what happened, not one apology, till I pointed it out. While he walks away Keara decides to say more to me. To the point her coworker has to tell her to walk away. But lets not forget them whispering in the corner about me like I am not there.I let the manager know what has occured while he was away well here is the shocker he yet again had nothing to say.Saying nothing shows me that nothing will even be addressed. Everyone hurts in this economy you figure you would want to retain people that shop at you establishment instead of push them away. Maybe its because i wasnt dressed up because it was my day off and I didnt look like I have money. Who knows. But I for sure know they lost a loyal customer shopping there for 10 years now.

melindad12
6/9/16

I love the merchandise advertised on Belk's website as sale or clearance. However, it is rare that I have received a full order. They send me emails that my merchandise is being processed and then a few days later it is cancelled. In addition, I would agree that contacting customer service is usually unrewarding as they are often rude and unable to help.

yingl1
5/10/16

they are advertising the sales on their website. so I have placed several orders on their website for my business. they confirmed the orders. then in few days they canceled them all. I called the customer service. their answer was they are all cosmetics, so their vendor does not allow me to purchase so many. so many??? four different items!! if your company can't afford a sale. then don't even run one! that's so pitiful !

kloii
4/22/16

I bought 4 items online because they were out of stock for a particular item I needed for a wedding. I get my items in the mail within a few days which is awesome but of course the item i needed for the wedding was in the wrong color. I called immediately and said they would get everything taken care of and send me the correct color. Two weeks has gone by now and they just YESTERDAY put it in to expedite the process. I called on four different occasions and asked for them to email or call me after getting some type of update. I never received anything. I love Belk and shop there all the time but will never order anything online again. This is absolutely ridiculous and HORRIBLE customer service.

ashleyh79
3/24/16

Last night I purchased a luggage set on sale and the first time I tried to order it, it said my card did not go through. I tried again, and it didn't work. So I tried one more time finally it went through. I got an email saying my order was placed. The next morning I get an email saying it was canceled and little did I know it was out of stock! They charged my card 3 times and failed to tell me the item was out of stock! Terrible service.

shirleyb57
2/12/16

I love the stuff,got some cute stuff cheap...ship was ok too.

stevenb115
1/25/16

Purchased a nutcracker online and recieved it in a box 4 times it size damaged in 6 pieces and now received another nutcracker in the mail damaged as well. Very poor packing even an infant could do a better packing job.

roxannet4
12/29/15

I placed an order with them on 12/27/15 and then I checked my account on 12/28/15 and I was charged again. I called to ask them why and they said it was my bank and I said no boo boo it is you. They charge when you make the order and then when the ordered is processed and shipped they charge again. I told them I shop at Nordstroms, Macy's and Bloomingdales's and I have never ever been double charged. They say the first charge will fall off after the standard 5 to 7 days. What if checks are coming in and what if you need the money?
I asked them well why doesn't your website make people aware of this before they order. Ummmmmmm dead air. Buyer beware!!!!!!

krisj14
12/18/15

ordered two items from belk.com for different persons. they sent the wrong item to the wrong person and then made me pay for it. all they did was agree to let me order a new item for the right person at a discount

sharonc68
12/18/15

Ordered a shirt from Belk, took a week to get shipped. Took another three days to get picked up by fedex. Another two weeks later the tracking simply stopped. Package never arrived. Called multiple times to Belk's customer service & repeatedly was told different policies. I gave up & requested a refund. This was never offered to me. Don't order from Belk unless you want headaches & hassles!

olliem40
12/9/15

I ordered two pair of boots on Black Friday, my order was submitted. I received an email stating that my order had been received and processed. A few days later I received one box of boots and they were not the ones I had ordered. The mailing address was correct but the invoice was not. They were the wrong boots and the wrong size. I called customer service to see what could be done, all they could do was credit my account . I asked if they could contact the lady who ordered the boots that I have and to see if she had the ones I ordered. As of today I have not heard from customer service regarding this matter. I am sure this lady would like to get her boots just like I would like to get mine. They are sending me a return label to send the boots back . I am sending them back to Belk and I hope they can send them to her.

gwent6
12/3/15

My daughter was given a coat as a gift. It did not fit and we do not have a Belk's in our state. They told me they would forward my request to upper management and I would hear back from them in 24-48 hours, I still have not hear back from them 23 days later. Nice coat, but bad customer service.

jims156
11/6/15

Belk sux. Don't use Belk online

nicoles100
11/4/15

m only giving 1 star as I have to pick a star in order to post. I am very disappointed in the customer service I received today at Belk. My one and only reason for going there today was, my shoe broke and I desperately needed shoes prior to my meeting this afternoon. I was in the department for about 20 minutes before my friend went to grab someone to help us. Once she did I by the sales associate that she just got there and this is not her department. " they just threw me in this department."

When I had asked for my size, it seemed as if I was putting her out. by the end, I chose 2 pair of shoes and asked her to call customer service to get my card number as I don't normally keep my card on me. She was unable to locate it by my phone number, then that is when the sales assistant called customer service where they were able to pull my account by the number.

they charged my card, once I realized that the ones she charged to my card were the incorrect shoes. I asked them not to return on my card as I was almost at my limit from spending too much smile emoticon at their stores.

they ended up returning the shoes on my card and telling me my card cannot be charged as its over the limit. REALLY? I mean really I just told you this. I have several CC's however I wanted my Belk rewards.

during this time the sales associate told me over and over again she does not work in that department and that she just got there. Constant excuses and the whole experience was stressful. Needless to say I was late to my meeting, this never happens. I had no choice I needed a pair of shoes.
I wasted an hour and 20 minutes of my life that I will never get.. I am strongly thinking of cancelling my card and going else where for my needs.
not one apology

radhikap1
10/21/15

We purchased using credit card and forgot to pay immediately, we haven't recieved any reminder or mail for 3 months but we were fined and the amount became twice our purchase.
We also have a JC penny credit card and we recieve a mail if ever we miss a payment within 2 weeks reminding our last date.When we called the customer service they said our address was falsely noted which is ridiculous, they are just robbing our hard earned 120$$. I hate Belk beware of this scam.

patb59
9/1/15

belk treats its employees terrible especially sales associates

nicholep
7/29/15

We have ordered a total of 4 pairs of jeans, one was fine, second pair had a hole in the pocket( customer control issue) returned after having driven 30 minutes ordered a replacement pair to find out my order was not in stock, after ordering the last pair received today 7-29-15 I first noticed no tags and paperwork stuck to them, after holding them up you could clearly tell they where used and worn. I proceeded to contact customer service and all he could say is return them to the store 30 minutes from my home!!!!! Are you serious. Well belk you just lost another loyal customers.

virginiar9
7/24/15

Belk is lucky to have such a on top of everything employee like Alex Jones is. I came into the store to shop and I use a cane right now. I could not find a cart and shopping is not easy for me without cart. He dropped everything, asked if he could help me and quickly found me a cart to use. He is very personable, friendly and helpful and all Belk employees could learn something from the way he does his job.

tw213
6/17/15

I wish I would have looked at the reviews here before I ordered from Belks. I've never heard of a company that charges the whole amount of your order, then charges again when the order is shipped, claiming that one charge will be dropped.

Shame on you, Belks! The banks don't recognize your questionable accounting practices as the entire amount (2x!) is charged before merchandise even arrives. In the meantime, I hope I actually receive my merchandise.

megt
6/9/15

Most businesses let you know if an item is in stock online. Once availability has been confirmed you proceed with your order and expect within 1 to 2 business days to receive an email for tracking confirmation that the shipment is on its way. Well that is most companies with the exception of Belk.com. On more than one occasion I placed an order and waited for delivery information but then about a week later I get an email that my order has been canceled and I was not charged because the item was not in stock? There seems to be some disconnect between the process Belk uses for updating their perpetual inventory and what is shown to consumers online. I'm an elite card holder and never have I seen a process so dysfunctional. If you're truly in need of an item, Belk.com should be your last resort.

dt40
6/2/15

We shop at Belk often and have no complaints about the store or the employees. The complaint is about the website to pay online and to actually get a person on the phone to assist you is nearly impossible.
I'm very close to discontinue the use of my Belk credit card.

juliah33
5/26/15

They should be called "bilk".

1 rating was submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

6 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Belk staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
5/24/16
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
4/17/16
Answer
dreww13
A: Can I check online to see if a local Belk has the size and color I need of a Lauren Ralph Lauren jean?
5/24/16