Review of Belk

Tel: 1-866-235-5443
belk_customer_care@belk.com

rutha88
12/10/17

I ordered something on line on Black Friday, and received a confirmation for it. Now, I could have walked one block to the Belk, or I could have walked one block in a different direction and gone to Macys, but no, I had it shipped to one of my daughters. 10 days later, when it hadn't shipped I contacted them and they promptly cancelled the order. When I replied and said I didn't want it cancelled, they responded that they hadn't charged for it. That wasn't the point. The item was out of stock that day, but they were advertising it again within a week. So......no more belk.com for me.

sats2
11/1/17

I had a lady called Delores help me she was very kind and thoughtful despite her busy day and lack of time to even eat lunch. She was kind enough to offer me a 20% discount for the extra long wait due to the long line of customers. Thanks Delores I will definitely return to belk.

marys508
10/19/17

I would give them 0 stars if I could. This was my first and LAST experience with Belk. I ordered a dress that I wanted and that was at Nordstrom but with shoes I bought, the Belk price was about $20. less. BIG MISTAKE. The dress did fit weirdly, as reviews suggested, and the size wouldn't work but I loved the dress and decided to exchange it. This was an online order; I do not live near Belk stores. I called customer service the day the dress arrived to make arrangements to return it. The man explicitly told me that I would be emailed a shipping label, to return the dress, and a new one would be automatically sent to me. First, I waited 4 days before they finally sent the shipping label. I mailed the item back immediately. I noticed on their site that they only had 2 of the dresses left in the size I wanted and I was concerned I might not get one. I simply didn't have the money to order ANOTHER dress and be out more money even temporarily. This second call was disaster. I was put on hold numerous times by the latest customer service rep for a total of about 15 min. I was then cut off while waiting for a manager. I didn't call back. By this time I had had it. I did email them explaining what happened. This time they gave me a COMPLETELY CONTRADICTORY STORY. They said I would NOT be sent an exchange as promised. They said I had to place a whole new order. Well, not only would I have to wait for my refund to do that, but the dress was NOT listed at the sale price that I had paid because I bought 2 items. I was stressed and completely disgusted.
They were very 'meh' in their response to me, like 'who cares'? TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE.
I ordered the dress from Nordstrom. I paid a few dollars more, but honestly it was worth it! Nordstroms has always been fantastic with no hassles like this, ever.
BOTTOM LINE: I will never shop at Belk again or recommend them.

armillal
9/9/17

I WISH I COULD GIVE IT 0 STAR.
I ordered 2 MAC diva color lipstick, and receive to MAC Yash color lipstick. Check my order status to see why is it sending me yash rather than diva...On the order info page it was also changed to yash... at first, I was like, did I accidentally made a mistake and purchase the wrong color? So I went to my email check the confirmation email that was sent to me when I ordered, the color I ordered is clearly DIVA not YASH on the confirmation email, (I have a hobbit of taking screen shots on items I purchase) went to check the screen shot, it definitely didn't have the yash, and it was diva that I purchase. Check my email again to make sure if I may miss any email from belk about changing my color, no email no notification. Went to the Online chat, the customer service says that it is not possible that belk change my order. I told her that I could forward the confirmation emails I receive about it. She gave me the belk service email...but after that, no replies, no apologies, nothing.
ISN'T IT ILLEGAL TO CHANGE A CUSTOMER'S ORDER WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION OR NOTIFICATION????

johnt413
7/3/17

One sales person in the entire mens department. Cheap clothing piled on tables and falling on the floor. Belk branded clothing is worse than Targets and Walmart. Filthy and smelly dressing rooms. Will never go there again. Amazon here I come!

alicew76
6/16/17

Somehow I had clicked on the button to receive paperless statements. The system did not allow me to change this back but the message stated if this was in error, to call Belk to get the correction. This morning I received an email saying I'd gone paperless, but again no opportunity to switch back. I called Belk and when finally getting a representative was told - no I was not paperless. I explained the messages and the email... the "customer service" rep actually told me "she could not fix my computer from there" - no kidding. I had to tell her that the problem was not with me or my computer, and again explain the email and messages - even after telling her the email says it takes 15 days to implement the change but I needed it corrected now.... She had absolutely no understanding to take my information and get back with me with the correction- Her system said I was not paperless so the customer was the problem. I then requested to talk to a manager and basically got the same stupidity. They should be trained to know about this 15 day vacuum and have a process to correct the problem for the customer - it's really not that difficult. In addition, both of the customer "service" reps started getting snotty with me telling me to have a "nice day", etc. REALLY POORLY TRAINED REPS AND MANAGERS! Belk should be ashamed.

sheilat28
6/12/17

I ordered two products on Belk on Friday, June 9th (total of $138). The only reason I ordered these products from Belk and not another retailer is they were offering 20% off for opening a Belk credit card. I order almost everything online and have NEVER had such a poor experience with the Belk ordering system or customer service in general! It was a quick form to fill out for the credit card and I received approval right away and a temporary paper card with the CC # and 3 digit CVV code. After trying to enter this 4x online, it continued to tell me that there was an issue and to please see below the highlighted portion. Well nothing was highlighted and I had input everything correctly. I contacted them via their online chat service and that was a waste of time as they said they not only could not help me with the issue, in fact they couldn't even place the order! I work in advertising and we always setup our client's websites to allow for online purchases via live chat if their website allows for purchases. I've never heard of such a thing. After this I then contacted customer service via phone as the online rep had suggested. This person could not help me and had to transfer me to someone else. This next person told me that sometimes the temporary CVV codes do not work right away and transferred me to their bank that I had received the temporary Belk credit card from (keep in mind each time I was only transferred after having to explain my issue at great length!) This person wasn't able to help me at all either! She repeated that sometimes the temporary CVV codes do not work right away and that was that. I had her transfer me back to customer service as the entire reason I was using Belk and opening a card was to save the 20%. After being transferred again, I was the one who had mentioned the previous Belk customer service rep and Bank said sometimes the CVV codes do not work on the temp. cards and she said I needed to wait until I received the actual card. I said the negated the entire reason why I was making my purchase today, was for the one day 20% off for opening a Belk credit card. She then suggested I go the in-store location. I had already told her I'm located in Chicago. There are no stores in Illinois. This woman, Elaine, was so rude, I asked for her manager and her ID#. She would not give me her ID#. I'm sure for fear she would get in trouble for talking to a customer in such a rude tone. As I was explaining the situation to her, she interrupted me 4x to say, let me explain to you, in a demeaning tone, and I would cut her off and explain I was not done telling her what was going on. Once I spoke with her supervisor, he told me I would have to pay for it via my own credit card and he would credit me back the 20% off once it was shipped. I thought that was ridiculous but by this time I had already spent 2 hours and 45 mins on a Friday evening with Belk. I was processing the order with him and could hear him talking to Elaine in the background. I had previously explained how rude she was and now asked him for her ID# since I could hear her in the background and he would not give it to me because he claimed 'he did not have it' and she was no longer in the building. How would he know that and also I could HEAR him speaking with her the ENTIRE time! I said then I will take her last name. He said he could not give that out for privacy reasons. I said yes I understand, that's why each employee is given an ID#. May I please have Elaine's and he wouldn't give me Elaine's ID #(his name was Chris). Now he promised me upside down he would personally watch my package and as soon as it shipped and credit me the 20% which I would receive an email once he did. Sure enough, it shipped out this morning and I waited all day for the email. NOTHING. So I called Belk and they had no record of this conversation or the # he gave me to reference the 20% but they did see I had opened the card and was entitled to the 20% off and gave it to me. However, when I asked if there was anything else that could be done since I spent 3+ hours on the phone for something that should have taken 15 minutes and dealt with such rude customer service, they said no we cannot stack coupons. Umm...this is not stacking coupons, your company made a number of mistakes and would not rectify them. Had it not been for my own persistence I would never have received the 20% off. Now lets see if these products actually end up coming! I would recommend to those of you considering using Belk, DO NOT! There are many other sites out there. BELK was incredibly rude, unhelpful and I wasted in total 3 hours and 50 minutes of my time without any apologies. Unless you feel like chasing after them for each little thing, don't bother!

Tip for consumers: DON'T

tammyt38
4/30/17

Well,I went to belks at coastal grand mall in myrtle beach ,sc to the Lancôme counter with a coupon and to purchase a bonus gift box , 4/292017,around 5or6pm ,the elderly associate became very loud and rude when I asked about the sale .she said mam we sold out by 9am and walked off ,then another girl came up and tried to sale things I didn't even want ,honestly I Will never shop at belks again.I went to jcpennystoreclosing and had a wonderful shopping experience ,oh yes by the way I am white so I think they are just very rude at this belks .

ch24366
4/22/17

Relatively new in town ,I stopped in at Belk in Leesburg. I had received a coupon which read 20% off regular or sales marked items. I spent about 45 minutes browsing the store and tried on several items. After settling on a pair of shoes and a couple polo shirts I proceeded to the cashier and presented my coupon. she informed me that the coupon wasn't good on doorbusters. I was not aware that these items were a " doorbuster" but I told her that I came and and the coupon had said 20% off sales items .
She pointed out that terms were on the back of the coupon, showing me the tiniest pront i had ever seen.
I told her i couldnt read that with ny glasses.
She responded "what do you want,a poster!"
That was my first and last visit to belks

alexm269
4/12/17

I returned an order using the return label included in my order. I contacted customer service to see if they received it- turns out there was an additional label that needed to be paid for. No where did it say this on the packing slip or return form. Every other place I have returned an order to that says attach included label and return, was indeed what it meant. Confused by the customer service, I have essentially just lost an order in the mail!? I have returned things I've ordered online from other stores before, and I read the instructions included with my order many times to ensure I was returning correctly. They were of no help when I contacted customer service, they need to update their instructions so people aren't losing orders in the mail! I planned to re order the shoes I was returning in a larger size, but not anymore.

Tip for consumers: I should have checked reviews before purchasing, sucks!

anneb99
4/11/17

My sister and I went to Belks in Baton Rouge,La. My sister was standing in line waiting to check out. When it became her turn the check out woman walked away and pretend she was busy hanging up clothes. (This was a Caucasian lady) so my sister stayed in line until the other lady waited on me and went to her as soon as my sister went to the other cashier she asked a Caucasian lady 'may I help you) my sister said to her 'you walked away when I was in line and now you are asking this lady if you can help her." The other blacks behind was in shock. My sister said to the other cashier she wasn't going to make the purchased and walked away. I was still standing there. She then started talking to the other cashier but she didn't respond to her. I said you owe her an apology. She said I don't , I didn't do anything wrong. OMG. I reported it to Corp and they had the supervisor he said he was going to talk to the cashier. He said will your sister continue to shop with Belks I said I don't know. He should have offered her an incentive to continue shopping there. So obvious!!!!!! 0 rating

nancyb194
3/13/17

Jeanie in shoes at the Orange Park store went out of her way to help my sister and myself She ordered shoes that they didn't have my size in that they didn't offer at Avenues mall Her smile and help made our shopping trip enjoyable

micheller138
2/24/17

Stay out of politics. You have lost some very good customers for making a "statement" with the dropping of Trump merchandise. You will learn your lesson the hard way. I cut up my Belk Elite card and will never shop with you again. From a proud deplorable!

wendyc86
2/15/17

Lost a customer of almost 3 decades today. Good luck with the customers you choose to put importance on. Hope they spend money there. Doubtful but you just turned away a ton that do. Kudos! NOT!

deplorables
2/10/17

From a deplorable!! That big fat red section of the map that won't spend my thousands of dollars anymore at Belk. Shameful!

thomasw137
2/9/17

My card shows a date of 1976 on it and I am very disappointed in your choice to limit my ability to purchase Trump products in your stores or on line .....I suggest you get this fixed ASAP or my trips to your business will be sharply curtailed .....We do not have to go there as you very well know.

carolines52
2/8/17

Since you've removed Ivanka Trump's line from your store I will be shopping elsewhere. Her clothes are reasonably priced and perfect for work. I cut my Belk card up tonight and have told my friends to shop elsewhere as well. Belk may be facing the end of an era since they've chosen to put their political views out there. I have been a customer my entire life, my mom actually worked as a department manager prior to my birth. With so many online sites I'm sure I'll find plenty of sites that want my money without dictating their political views by dropping my favorite brand.

carolyne35
2/2/17

I was shopping for shoes to go with a dinner dress that I had purchased. Beck in Elkin didn't have the shoes I needed, they were the first ones I checked with, because I live in Elkin, NC. I was going to Winston Salem the next day so I thought I would check their Belk out before I ask for help. Surprisingly they neither had them so I went to Concord NC and they didn't have my size but the so she called Statesville & they said they had my size. Called Statesville Belk the next morning and the lady in the shoe department put me on hold TWICE, Hanging up both times I called back 3rd time she said they DIDN'T have my size. After much thought I called Belk, Elkin NC and spoke to Kathy St.John and told her my story. She said immediately I will be glad to see what the problem is and call you back in 30 mins. Just a short time later Kathy called and said they were holding the shoes for me, I could either have them shipped or go to Statesville and get them. I chose to drive to Statesville. Kathy St.John should be recognized for her courtesy and help she gave. Much appreciated. Thank You. Every employee at Belk in Elkin NC has always been very helpful.

alo891
1/28/17

I called at 630 pm to ask if my cosmetic counter person was available. Sje wasnt but I went anyway to make two purchases and left with nothing because I am an associate and we are always last. I talked to a manager and I got If you think its bad tonight tomorrow will be worse. Never ever again.

johnm916
11/6/16

I was charged 10 times for the same order pending on my belk statement customer service played phone tag for an hour with no resolve

anonymusa4
10/24/16

Why does Belk have the worst employee application proccess that I have ever seen ,it's out dated and complicated ?

ewah1
9/26/16

I ordered Lancome product with a Lancome FREE 7-PIECE GIFT WITH ANY $35 LANCÔME PURCHASE. They sent me my ordered product (thank God) with only 6 pieces free gift. When I contacted them they wrongly interpreted the offer and didn't do anything to resolve the issue. I'm ready to return my order and the free gift but after I read all complaints online I give up. Terrible customer service!

tanyaf13
9/20/16

The last 2 times that I have shopped at Belk, the sales associate has been very rude. Don't want to shop there anymore.

anonymousa83
9/4/16

I purchased a watch as an anniversary gift to my husband. The watch was a Mavado bold motion which is a very costly watch. I didn't realize at the time that the sales person packaged my watch in the wrong Movado box and bagged did it for me. I drove 2 1/2 hours to get home to give my husband his gift. When he opened the box he realized that there was no charger included and it was not the correct box. The next day I called the store and explained my situation. The store manager was unwilling to help, nor did she care. I called back later and spoke to a different manager and she was worse. Both managers tried to convince me but I was wrong and that it did not come with a charger. They tried to make me feel like I was inconveniencing them. They told me they would send me instructions to figure out how to use it. I explained to them I don't need instructions I need the charger. They continued to tell me that it doesn't come with a charger, it was pre-charged at the factory, I need to send it back every two years to be recharged etc. When I tried to tell them they were wrong, they got upset. I told them to go on the movado website and look it up themselves but they refused. Needless to say the situation is not resolved as of yet. I will have to spend $85 in gas and five hours worth of driving in order to try and resolve this situation face-to-face. The manager asked me not to come to the store because they could not find the box or the charger. Finally the manager did not know how to resolve my situation so she hung up on me and that was the last time I spoke to them before calling the Belks customer service line to complain.

lashandaf
8/10/16

I went into Belk show department to buy my son a pair of shoes. I had to keep searching for an employee to help me. One employee came and checked for a pair of shoes and quickly left. I went and searched for another employee and he said he was busy to ask an employee across the aisle. Approached another employee and she was not nice. She acted as if I was a bother and had a nasty attitude. The customer service was horrible. I left and went to Dillards.

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Can I check online to see if a local Belk has the size and color I need of a Lauren Ralph Lauren jean?

By Drew W.

I'm not sure which one is best, this is a random site I decided to use. I did get my problem resolved tho.

By D T.

Helpful answer -1

ordered two items from belk.com for different persons. they sent the wrong item to the wrong person and then made me pay for it. all they did was agree to let me order a new item for the right person at a discount.

By Kris J.
Questions? Get answers from the Belk staff and other customers.

Belk?