Review of Belk

Tel: 1-866-235-5443
belk_customer_care@belk.com

nancyi41
6/4/19

WARNING! READ THE HIDDEN DETAILS IF YOU WANT TO RETURN AN ITEM. I WAS REFUSED SIMPLY BECAUSE WHEN I RECEIVED THE MERCHANDISE IT WAS VERY SUB PAR! I WAS TOLD BY AN EMPLOYEE ON CHAT THAT I WAS NOT ALLOWED TO RETURN SIMPLY BECAUSE I "DID NOT LIKE THE ITEMS"!!! OF COURSE SHE PRODUCED RETURN DETAILS THAT WERE TUCKED AWAY WHERE YOU WOULD NEVER FIND THEM! I HAVE SENT AN EMAIL TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE BUT I SERIOUSLY DOUBT THAT I WILL HEAR BACK. OF COURSE THEY WERE HAPPY TO TELL ME THAT I COULD RETURN THEM AT THE STORE WHICH IS AN HOUR FROM MY HOME. I SPEND $$$ AT BELKS. NEVER AGAIN! NOT A DIME!!

rayf85
6/3/19

After being "upgraded" to a Belks MasterCard, I found duplicate charges along with a "card security" charge for a service I never signed up for. After trying to get clarification, I wound up closing the account when customer service did not remove the bogus charge

marthab143
5/23/19

Good morning,
I am a first time customer with Belks. I didn't have a good experience with the online order.
I purchased 2 Michael Kors purses. The total was $245.71. I purchased thoes purses for mother's day for my mother and mother in law. I purchased the purchased the purses on April 29. However, two days later the purses went on sale. I was told they were going to refund me $68.00 in 4 to 7 business days. After the 7th business day I called to iquire about my refund. I was told to wait another 4 to 7 business days. Still no refund. I called today and was told someone will call me back in 72 hours. Still waiting on that call.

I placed my order on April 29th. I have called several times to see why I couldn't track it and why I haven't received it. No one could tell me anything. I was worried I wouldn't get them in time for mother's day even though I purchased them early. No one could tell me anything and I couldn't track them. I shop on line because it is convenient. I work nights and sleep during the day. I usually have my package sent to my home address. However, my daughter was diagnosed with cancer. I spend my off days out off town taking her to her appointments. I thought it would be convenient for me to let my order go to the store and I would pick it up when I come in to town to prevent thieves for stealing my items by the door. I learned that Belks in Waco do not hold orders for customers. Belks in Waco Emily said she would hold it for me this time. However, it was lost. I called the Post Office 3 time. They kept saying it was delivered. Then the mail main called back and told who in the store he delivered the purses to. I received them the day before mother's day. Emily at Belks from Waco helped me track my packages and held it for me until I was able to pick it up. I shop on line and have it sent to the store because it is convenient for me. Belks is not convenient for me . I can't send my orders to the store. I can't track my order on line. I can't get my purchase or my refund in a timely manner. I am glad I learned this before Christmas. I spend thousands of dollars on line each year from a variety of stores except Belks. This is my first shopping experience with this store and my last one. I have been calling since April 29. They haven't returned my call yet.

I

sherrys209
Sherry S.
5/1/19

I have had a Belk card since 1989. Recently I was upgraded to a premier Belk card. A feew weeks later I was sent another Belk card that looked just like the one I received. When I go in the store to make a return I was informed that I did not have flexpay any more and found out that my Belk card was now a mastercard to use anywhere. I told them I wanted to just have a Belk card so they canceled the mastercard. I thought everything was back in order until I call to make my monthly payment. I found out I had NO Belk account and the only way I could have one is to pay my balance and open a new account. I asked to speak to a supervisor and all they were concerned about was telling me it was my fault that I activated the Mastercard. They had no concern that I spend money at Belk every month and have since 1989. I had to hang up the phone because they would not listen to me and only kept reiterating that it was my fault. DONE WITH BELKS!!!

clayw25
1/24/19

Love Belk. Only store that I will ever shop at. Especially the home office. Laura Douglas is amazing.

anns129
1/23/19

I ordered a handbag for over $200. I wanted to return it and said I would have to pay for the shipping whereas all the reputable people send a shipping label. I will never ever buy anything from them again. I gave them 1 star because there was not a zero 0 star.

dp139
1/3/19

I ordered a shirt for Christmas for my elderly-not well father-in-law on December 15TH. On December 20th I received an email saying the shirt had shipped. I then received an email saying the order was "delayed" and the shirt would arrive December 28TH. I asked Belk to cancel the order because they did not inform me it was out of stock. They claimed the delay was the shipper but offered no proof. I ordered a shirt from Amazon and it arrived bf Christmas. The Belk shirt arrived late. I cannot ask my sick father-in-law to return this item so I guess I will fight them on my credit card. I tried to put this complaint on the Belk website but apparently you cannot leave a bad review there. (Are they shipping by camel?)

shellyh55
12/14/18

I can't believe how horrible this company is to work with! I ordered men's shoes and I did receive them. However it turns out they were actually women's shoes. Nowhere on the description is this stated, so obviously they were too small. I have called customer service 10+ times, on hold for over an hour each time. Every rep tells a different story on their return policy, but all said they were sending me a return shipping label. I never received one. This company is horrible. I wish I had read these reviews before I ordered. I am now going to give the shoes away, as I can see by reading the reviews that I will get nowhere with any returns to this company. I would never order from them again.

evieg3
12/12/18

I ordered a pair of shorts as a gift for a friend from Belk. I waited 10 days for my item, and yet every time I went to track the shipping, my order was still "in progress". I proceeded to call customer service just for them to tell me that the item was out of stock and that my order had been dropped. Nowhere on the website nor on my order information had it said "out of stock" for the 10 DAYS after I ordered. Belk did not think to email me this information??? If I had not called, I would never have known that I will not be receiving my order. I have never been more frustrated with a company and I will never shop with Belk again.

brandonm98
11/22/18

Whenever I looked up "PS4 Spiderman bundle black Friday" on Google, this is the first result. When you go to the website it says "In stock" right there. When you go to look at your bag it still says "available". Then, when you get to check out, it's "out of stock".
I was hoping to order from this site to not have to deal with black Friday rushes, but it caused me to miss out on the deal anywhere else because I showed up a half hour after the sales started at my local stores.

Thanks Belk!

Tip for consumers: Use a different site.

sharonm477
11/20/18

Zappos is the most amazing company in terms of customer service and I made a mistake trying Belk. I purchased a pair of $200 Michael Kors boots from Belk and they are making me pay the return shipping to order a size larger. Unreal. And they were rude about the entire issue, as well. Do not waste your money on this silly company.
Needless to say, I will NOT be ordering a different size!!!!!
Read reviews on Zappos...five stars over and over. Belk...one stars. There is a reason!!

debbiet164
10/23/18

The Corporation will not allow a person to return to work in a Belk Store if they find that an employee does the slightest thing they consider to be an integrity violation. I made a mistake in the amount of $61.35 which I paid back, but I was not given a second chance. I worked all my life and was never treated this way. I worked hard but was not given any consideration for that. No wonder stores are closing and have a hard time keeping good workers. Also, they don't give any consideration for young working moms. It is sad.

lisac647
9/25/18

No return shipping label is included with your order. You will have to take your package to the post office, pay return shipping and you must pay insurance, as well.
Then you'll find out that they only return a portion of your purchase price!
When you try to contact them to find out why they've kept a significant amount (in my case, nearly $11.00 on just one unworn top, returned in new condition, with tags and original packaging in less than 3 days time...) there is no response from "Customer Service"! I waited almost a week and contacted them again. Days later, they still have not responded.
Just as well, because I have no intention of ever being a customer of Belk's again!

I wish I had taken the time to read reviews of Belk *before* ordering from them. I just read many negative reviews and saw that Consumer Affairs has many complaints against this company!
Buyer Beware :-(

zayh
8/15/18

I really enjoy going to Belk store 0366 in Thomaston Ga. I really needed a shirt for my wife and I baby shower, and an associate by the name of Katherine came up as was more than happy to help. I appreciated her service as well as everyone else's there.
Receipt # 0366610361020810002140

dv42
8/13/18

If you use a debit card, beware that they will charge you the full amount and call it a preauthorization and then charge each item as it is shipped. If the item ships the same day, you will be out twice the amount of money and customer service says it takes 3-5 days to reimburse you for the "preauthorization".

mimit11
8/1/18

I ordered a pair of shoes that did not fit properly. I called about a return shipping label and was told that I would receive it via email. TWO weeks later of me repeatedly calling because I wasn't receiving any label, I am told that they don't do that anymore and that I was responsible for the return shipping fee. So I pay it and return the shoes and spend almost two months calling them periodically about my money. I finally get $48 of the $129 refunded. I call about the remainder and they say that they sent it and it is now the banks problem if I don't have it. Horrendous experience.

Tip for consumers: Don't waste your money or time.

monay8
7/27/18

They don't wont to give me a refund for my 119$!!! Per our phone conversation they said they are only going to give me 19,19 $.I regret for not reading the review of this company before!

maryh648
7/20/18

Good luck getting a refund from this company. A month ago I returned a $115.16 order and they gave me credit of $19.19. They are now telling me to contact paypal and file a dispute even though I have an email from them stating they got the return and were issuing a full refund. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY.

deborahp162
7/4/18

On July of 2018, on the 4th at a local Belk cosmetic department store inside Rock Hill, S.C Galleria Mall around 1:30-2:00 P.M EST. Me, my sister and my daughter went inside Belk to see what moisturizer, makeup, pore corrector will fit my facial skin needs. First I was testing the Clinique and squeeze a sample and a nice you got co-asian lady asked for my assistance. I asked her about can I squeeze a sample, she politely said yes I can. Then next is the makeup. I was looking for some foundation coverage and her great reviews about the Estee Lauder double and maximum wear. So I also got assistance at that brand name area. This time this young co-asian Belk cosmetic representative wasn't nice. I am female Asian-American. Her name is Martha extion #266. She did a brushed foundation on me and also did this brush swipe under my eyes and I kept telling her you're getting it inside my eyes and the don't like it. She still continue to brush slowly, but was still getting the eye foundation IN MY EYES, so I just closed them. I also asked her for a sample, she gave me a small bottle. Then I proceed to go check the other lighter foundation of the Estee Lauder because the one she choose for my skin type was not what I wanted , but she suggested to put it on my face and being a nice customer I decided to see what magic she has. Well I went to the other side of the Estee Lauder makeup and found a lighter shade. Me and my daughter noticed that Martha followed us. I squeeze a little of the maxium wear light shade onto a small sample case. She immediately said, "What are you doing?" I replied, "I like this shade and wanted to test this sample here that it has onto my own face." She then immediatelly replied, "sorry, YOU CANNOT do that!" She was loud and customers were looking and yes I was upset because this isn't perfessional service. I replied, "So this tester here, I CANNOT put this on my face?" Martha replied, "no you cannot, sorry." I then proceed to dip my finger unto the tester I squeeze out in the sample and applied it onto my face with a mirror near by with my daughter . I noticed she went to gossip to another employee. I continue to apply the tester foundation onto my face and in my head, I was like, she better not do or say anything else to me because this time, I'm not having it. Guess what? Martha came to the area where I was wiping the makeup off my eyes because it literally irrated my eyes in the beginning process of what she did. As I was wiping, Martha and another elderly lady, whom I believe was off the clock and both of then we're gossiping in front of me and I could hear the lies she told the eldery employee lady. So the elderly co-asian lady came to me and said, "do I need help with anything?" I replied, " I'm just wiping off this makeup and look at my eyes, they're red and I told Martha she's adding makeup I to my eyes and I don't like the look so I'm wiping it off, AND she was not nice to me at all and I don't like that. I liked the other young white lady who helped me the day before, she actually gave my samples when Martha said I couldn't get any and I couldn't use the tester she said." The lady got quiet and then responded, "if you need anything, tell me." I didn't respond back to her at all. I ignored her and she just walked away but not too far from the area. I still continue to stay and wiped the makeup off. I record the incident from when Martha did her painting on my face and after she got ugly and being racist towards me. My daughter also recorded the incident. CONCLUSION: Martha's behaviors and action we're unacceptable and I KNOW she was being really predjuice towards me and trying to make the rest of the co-asian employees in That cosmetic department against me. Twisting the words. She probably thought I didn't know English well. I will mark her on social media.
Luckily I had to find my sister and had to go home to my sitter and was unable to contact my sitter that I'll e a little late,zika then my phone died or else this would had been dealt with the manager.
I will lost definitely come by again. This is my local shopping mall and Martha needs to be more accepting and treat the customer with respect and kindness.
*Would attach a photo description of Martha if I could on here. *
-Very racist worker inside Belk Cosmetic department store inside Galleria Mall of Rock Hill S.C. -

janisj11
6/20/18

ordered two shirts. they billed me multiple times for the same two items. they sent the wrong item. they did refund my ship charges and sent a return label. but after having the two items in their possession for weeks now, i do not have a refund for the shirts.

ordered two shirts on the website. they billed me once, they billed me twice, they billed me a third time i called to complain. they fixed it and instead billed me for half the order twice, once for $42.85, once for $42.84. they sent me a package, it did not have the item pictured on their website. i was a little pissed. got a nice supervisor who refunded my $24.95 for expedited shipping (because they shipped the wrong shirts) and then sent me a mailing label to my email so i could return the shirts without paying to return the incorrect item. and by this time, i was done with belks. so i sent the items back and its been weeks, when i called several weeks ago i got one story, then i called the next week, i got another story, wheni called earlier this week and spoke to a VERY, VERY young sounding man who was not able to help me because i was upset and i was not polite enough for him. i called tonight to be told they sent me two more shirts (oh, really, and on what planet did they think i wanted two more shirts) and so they are not refunding my money because i have two new shirts... let me make this perfectly clear... I DID NOT RECEIVE ANOTHER PACKAGE FROM BELKS, I DO NOT WANT ANOTHER PACKAGE FROM BELKS, I DO NOT WANT ANYTHING FROM BELKS EXCEPT MY MONEY BACK. its been weeks & weeks & weeks. its $60, they can't possibly need my money that badly. i want my money back. their people are inept, slow, great at giving lip service and hope you just go away. its been weeks. i want my money back. and for the trouble you are giving me, i would like to respond by posting five reviews about your store for every day i get no response.

brendag159
5/9/18

I ordered a 139.00 Calvin Klein dress for a church function. Eight days later the dress arrived, balled up and stuffed in to a small plastic envelope. Which was ok since the fabric is not vulnerable to wrinkles. When I opened the envelope, the slip lining fell out of the bag. It was not attached to the dress as it should have been. Further inspection revealed that the zipper was broken in its open section. Since the delivery took so long, I now have no time to order anything else. I called Belk and the first rep was very nice and said he would look for something similar and if I liked it, he would over-night it to me. He was to call me in an hour. He never called. After 1.5 hours, I called back. This time I was met with rudeness. This guy explained that there is no way they could "look for something similar" saying that their system does not work that way. The return was processed, but nothing else was entered. He told me that I needed to go out and find something else. I offered to have the dress altered if I could get reimbursed and after putting me on hold, he said they could not do that either and I needed to go get something else and he was the only one advocating for me in telling me to get something else. I don't understand how items could be sent out without a quality check and there is never a need for a rude tone or lies.That was my first and last order with Belk. I have several items in my cart that I am deleting and I'm blocking their messages.

deborahs160
4/27/18

I saw a real nice pair of gladiator shoes on their website that were stated to be leather and black. They were not leather, neither were they black. They were material black and tiny dots of white. Very pretty shoes, but not what was advertised. I called them to find out how to return them and they said it would take up to 4 to 5 weeks to get my money back. Up to 5 days to get a return label in the email, and up to 3 weeks to get it in the mail. So by the time you send the shoes back and they register the item has come back it could be 5 weeks for a return of money. This is a very poor way of doing business. Wrong color, not leather, up to five weeks for return to post. And you have to bring it to the ups store to mail it. Extremely inconvenient. Only nice thing about the experience is the phone reps are very nice.

patriciay27
4/18/18

Got a coupon for 20% off at Belk last week, and this week they were having a sale, so my friend & I stopped in. Coupon said "includes all beauty" (which they have to add because they usually exclude it). The sign in cosmetics said "15% off" -- so great! The mailing for the sale had said "Extra 15% off beauty" so I'm thinking doubles, right? Nope. This is Belk. So not only did they NOT stack the 15% off sale and the 20% off coupon, they wouldn't even honor the 20% off coupon "because it's already on sale!" The employees are nice, and I like what they sell, but they are absolute weasels with the coupons. We left without buying anything and my friend is now boycotting them.

angeliac2
2/8/18

Can honestly say that Belk's has to be the most trustworthy and every one knows that if it costs a little more for quality then so be it !!! just received my husbands watch and it was exactly what we wanted! I just had the same watch stolen from a package from a different company because of the packaging cheep and now I'm going through a lot to just get my money back! I've shopped with Belk for over 30 years and can honestly say they are a great business !

elizabethj103
1/31/18

Worker Andrea at Brunswick, GA store was very knowledgeable . I am please with my purchase. She took the time to answer my questions.

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Can I check online to see if a local Belk has the size and color I need of a Lauren Ralph Lauren jean?

By Drew W.

I'm not sure which one is best, this is a random site I decided to use. I did get my problem resolved tho.

By D T.

Questions? Get answers from the Belk staff and other customers.

2 Photos for Belk