US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

lynnettd

Store, coupons, programs, community involvement, choices, customer service, Nook and café. (in 3 reviews)

karend4

The online store is really convenient and I get my books in a timely fashion! (in 31 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

sandeepa
7/22/16

It is a paradise for book lovers.Any topic or subject I can find the book easily in the shelves.Great reading at reasonable prices

anthonyb123
7/18/16

I've been both in the store and online with them, and I've always been satisfied with them. Of course online you have access to more books than they could ever stock in store, especially the more "controversial" volumes that I'm not going to list here but leave to your imagination. You can even use your membership discount online if you have it and you always get your tracking number so you always know where and when your package gets checked in.

sereniym
6/25/16

I've purchased many books from this company. There is a great deal of books to chose from. I had a membership card and would receive coupons in the mail due to my membership. When I got the membership, the customer service didn't tell me that there's a $20 fee that automatically gets taken out my credit card every year. I though it was free because they never mentioned a fee during the sign up. 2 years later, I saw the charge and called customer service. They quickly refunded the money and was very polite about it. Overall, I think their customer service is pretty good and I still love shopping from Barnes and Nobles.

aprilb49
6/25/16

Reading is one of my favorite things to do, one of my favorite hobbies out there. This store is one of my favorite stores to purchase books from. They have any book you could possibly imagine. It's just simply amazing. :)

richl13
6/10/16

The store on State st. in Chicago is a great place to brows, shop, and read. I never had a negative experience. Selection is OK and if they don't have something in stock, they really "bust their bun's" to get it to you asap.

tannerc7
6/4/16

If they dont have it they can get it!

kimberlyt17
4/16/16

After placing an order for several books online with this company I even paid for express shipping to get them in 2-3 business day or what I thought which will not be til 9-10 days the shipping was out of this world and I still don't have the books when needing them for an event!! So disappointed and when I talked to them the several times and ways I did they were of absolutely no help!!! The Barnes and Noble company kept blaming the marketplace seller and If I contact the seller they blame Barnes and Noble!! what a catch 22!! Don't do business with BARNES AND NOBLE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tomp37
4/8/16

Last time I was at Barnes & noble, spent 2 hours there, checking out books, and other Nick nacks, one of my favorite places to go to

jamesm399
3/14/16

I've been buying books forever from this place. These days I buy them through my Nook. Their coffee shops and free wifi are a real pleasure to visit and I often go there to work when I need to work but am tired of the office.

pc68
3/14/16

Although I try to frequent local independent bookstores...B and N. com just makes it too darn easy to shop in quantity. For people who are dedicated bookworms there are always a hundred more titles you want...if not more. This site lets you maintain your wish lists and has out of print books available through their own vendors. Being a member gives you a savings card that is really worth the few dollars a year to renew it. Maybe twice in ten years has there been a title they didn't have. They also have a decent return policy. Even without a receipt you can at least get store credit in most cases. One year for my B-day I got three copies of the same book. In store they gave me credit for two. They also send coupons by mail a few times a year. All around great shopping experience.

shannonc48
2/9/16

I love Barnes and Noble. They usually have what I am looking for. I could spend hours in there just looking at the books and magazines. Sometimes I feel like their stuff is a little overpriced. I like the magazine selection, and I like that there are magazines from overseas available too. I love the bargain section. I usually find something I want in there.

cliffs21
1/27/16

My local Barnes and Noble supported my good family friend by allowing them to do a book signing for the book they wrote about their special needs son. I continue to support Barnes and Noble for supporting new authors who have just written their first book.

lisah168
12/28/15

I'm so glad that a real bookstore still exist. We love shopping there. Always helpful staff and they will spend as much time as needed to find what we are looking for. They make it easy to ship books when they are out of stock.

brittanyf12
12/3/15

I placed an order for several books and received them very quickly. One of the books was found to be out of stock after I placed my order, and they promptly refunded me for it.

otiso2
11/17/15

Robert Frost, The Road Not Taken and Other Poems. This book is a delight, I enjoy reading it it was refreshing I would recommend this, it is very well written.

rose-annc
11/2/15

I find this site to be filled with the latest books as well as older books. I am a voracious reader and like to own my books so I can pass them on to my friends when I am done. We like to share our books. Barnesandnoble.com provides a great way to buy books at great prices. The shipping is fast and it is easy to use my gift cards!

lynnettd
10/27/15

Love everything. Store, coupons, programs, community involvement, choices, customer service, Nook and café. I am a rewards member and do save a lot of money also getting free shipping.

ewanw8
10/2/15

love your clothes! 5+

sandrae17
9/13/15

When I wasn't a member, I rarely went to B&N. Now that I am, I do enjoy the coupons and added benefits of membership. The $25 for membership makes buying books and other items worth it. I've more than recouped that cost. Of course, I'm an English professor and my kids love books, so we have a book fetish. Love the selection, the coffee, the bright openness of the lay out. Sometimes we just sit down and start reading. Can spend a couple hours in there and not notice the time has flown by. =) OH, and the clearance prices are great too.

kathleenr6
5/27/15

Barnes and Noble is amazing. I do have to say, I love the online store better than the actual brick and mortar stores though, because the options they have online is far better than the ones you can find in any one store. They even have books for Wiccans, Pagans, and witches, which is a hard find in most places in this day and age. The one closest to me took down the entire new age section to make more room for their Bibles. But I can still buy them online, which is great. The prices are a bit steep, but I've never had a book from there last less than 10 years. Give me a Barnes and Noble and I'll never need another bookstore. Fabulous.

kimj48
5/20/15

Great site, but the ease of finding certain items was a little difficult.

melissad37
5/19/15

I've had a Nook since the first generation. I love Barnes and Noble. It's a great company and I love that I can have equally quality experiences between their physical stores and their online store.

tomb138
5/13/15

The love the environment and part-time job option. Best job ever

kaitlinc2
5/10/15

The store itself is huge and hard to find anything. On the website I can seach the book that I want and it comes up right away or I can browse.

georget51
5/7/15

I got the print copy of daniel kahneman's book and I got a discounted prices with quick delivery!

Tip for consumers: Highly recommended!