Review of Appleseed's

Tel: 1-800-546-4554
customerservice@appleseeds.com

barbaraj80
7/10/17

Anybody interested in a class action suit? Got charged finance charge at late $20 late fee for not paying off $27 shipping for return items of which I never received the bill. Just spent about an hour on the phone with them a course the supervisor was supposed to come and didn't. Now owe $50 and have nothing to show for it.

terryl88
7/6/17

I just found out that Appleseeds has been charging my credit card for over a year for $14 for some kind of loyalty program which I NEVER signed up for. Also, there clothing is of very poor quality. Don't order from this company unless you like poor quality products.

karenm357
6/13/17

Took forever to receive my order, despite high shipping charges. Quality of merchandise was poor. I ended up spending nearly $40 to try on the clothes and make a return. Other vendors do much better. I won't shop with them again.

susanm307
5/14/17

Your website is down in the Greensboro, NC area. Been down for about a week.
When can we expect it back up and working, in the meantime do we need to call to place and order?

krisg20
5/10/17

First time ordering from this company in many years. Although it took quite some time to received my order (compared to J Jill, Lands End, Penney's, Amazon, and other places where I shop online), I was pleased with 4 out of the 6 sleeveless tops I received. On two of the tops (same styles as the ones I kept), one armhole was larger than the other - exposing much more skin below my arm and gapping in the back. I planned to return the shirts and request a replacement. I e-mailed customer service stating that I should not have to pay $9.99 for return shipping since the products were defective. I received a reply stating that THE COMPANY would determine if the product was indeed defective and, IF SO, would refund the shipping cost once that determination was made. Although it is very obvious (even when the shirt is not on me) that the armholes are sewn differently, I am sure (based on other reviews that I have read since) that the shirts would not be deemed defective by the company. Not feeling up to arguing and fighting over what is "defective" as it sounds like this is a very difficult company to deal with. Posted a Facebook review. No reply. Posted directly on their FB site and finally heard from a customer service rep, first by FB message and later by phone offering to waive return shipping but stating that "there are exceptions for defective merchandise." Also stated that the statements in the original e-mail were a result of "new help recently hired at peak season." Huh? Um - train them, supervise them... But it appears from other reviews, that this company will try to get away with whatever they can and customer service is a low priority. It is also appalling to read how long it takes for people to receive refunds for the returned items, let along a shipping refund. I was eventually offered a waiver of return shipping charges, but do not feel that this is a company I can trust or care to do business with. Will donate one top (probably wearable under a blouse or sweater but not for me), keep the other for expensive PJ top. Will not do business with this company again.

barbaral98
5/5/17

placed an order and Appleseed's put the wrong area code on my shipment... Never got my package and they are not refunding my money because they haven't gotten the shipment back. O by the way, I get all their catalogs just fine..... What a joke this company is.

dorism30
4/25/17

You charge a lot for shipping but use the cheap method of having UPS take the package to the Post Office for final delivery. My item was never delivered and online tracking confirms that it was not delivered. The Post Office staff just shrugs and says to file a claim.

You tell customers to call back for a refund in 30 days hoping we will forget. I won't forget, but I will NEVER order from Appleseed's again.

patm132
4/8/17

I bought a bateau neck t shirt for $34.95 wore it twice and it has a small hole in it. You would think you could get more wear out of it for that price. This was my first time ordering from you. I don't know if I'll order from you again. I'm very unhappy. Sincerely Patricia A Jensen

susang147
3/10/17

I ordered a shirt jacket for $24.49. Paid $9.99 for shipping, so a total of $34.48. Didn't like the shirt, sent it back with the label provided. I understood that I would pay for shipping one way, but when I got my refund it was $14.50, which means I paid $19.98 to ship both ways, and I have no shirt besides. They have my $19.98 and the shirt. Called customer service and was told that is their policy. Nice. Posting this so others could beware. I am so accustomed to customer-friendly mail order company policies, that this seems way out of place in this time.

zoed7
2/16/17

In December my wife placed an order with this scam web site. A pop-up then offered her $15.00 off her next order by clicking. When she clicked, it asked for her e-mail address. Now they are billing her $14.95 per month for what they call VIP Plus which she never knowingly agreed to. Note that:
>Neither the main landing page nor most secondary pages even mentions VIP Plus. The one place it is mentioned, when you click on it, a solicitation for their credit card appears, nothing else.
>My wife is intelligent, a college graduate with many years experience in accounting. She says that nowhere did she see any notice that, by clicking then providing her e-mail address, she was agreeing to pay $14.95 per month for something she would never use.
>There appears to be no way to cancel this billing on the web site. You can only cancel by calling an 800 number, but that would give you no written proof you cancelled.

This is a first class SCAM and probably violates federal laws. DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS WEB SITE, PERIOD.

darleneb32
1/31/17

Appleseed a company of Blair found a creative way to charge my credit card $14.97 a month for over a year for a VIP service I did not know I signed for. I was offered a one time discount when I bought clothes. This turned out to be a scam, and besides me, hundreds of others had the same experience of being charged $14.97 on their credit card for nothing. They have since cleaned up how they phrase their language after doing this to many others. Appleseed is a company of Blair.

shellyt15
11/29/16

I ordered 2 items for the first time from this company on Monday, November 14, 2016 and paid $12.99 for shipping. On their "Shipping Information" page it says the following: "Orders for in-stock products are generally processed within 1 business day (Mon-Fri)".

Here's my tracking information:
Philadelphia, PA, United States 11/21/2016 8:41 P.M. Arrival Scan
Secaucus, NJ, United States 11/21/2016 6:32 P.M. Departure Scan
11/21/2016 11:25 A.M. Origin Scan
United States 11/17/2016 3:03 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

I wanted to receive the merchandise before Thanksgiving, 2016, which was on the 24th. I didn't receive it in the mail until Tuesday, the 29th as I was out of town from Nov. 24 thru Nov. 28 for Thanksgiving. I paid $12.99 to get a package (envelope really) from either New Jersey or Pennsylvania to Maryland and it took 15 days.

I called customer service twice. First time, they said it will be on it's way and for sure get here before Nov. 24. The next time, on Nov. 22, they hung up on me when I said that I wanted to cancel the order.

Terrible customer service. Terrible quality. Terrible that they're apparently making quite a bit of money off of their shipping fees.

brendak33
8/31/16

I joined the VIP program about a year ago and I love it! I hardly ever bother writing reviews, but I was very surprised to see that some people were dissatisfied with their experience. I have spent about $165 for membership fees and have earned about a thousand dollars in gift cards. I don't even bother to shop in malls anymore. I have bought several jackets, sweaters, tops, dresses and skirts. Most everything was bought with my gift cards. Typically, I buy things that are on sale to begin with. Then I get a 10% discount and rebates back for shipping costs. A small proportion of the items I have ordered have either not fit or didn't appeal to me when I tried them on. I sent them back, got my shipping refunded by filling out an online rebate form (simple) and received a letter with a rebate code that I used just like a gift card. I highly recommend using this program and hope they never stop providing it. I usually end up canceling these "trial period" offers, so I was expecting to only let it run one month-then cancel it. I was very pleasantly surprised at how much I benefitted by joining!

jans99
5/2/16

SCAM ALERT: Beware of clicking on the "Free Shipping" link when purchasing clothes online from Appleseed's catalog... When I bought a lovely winter coat in November, I unknowingly signed up for "Appleseed's VIP Plus". An extra $14.97 MONTHLY charge was hidden with a discount on my order. So duplicitous!! I was charged for several months before I caught it. When I called 1-877-716-0333 to cancel, I was told only one month could be reimbursed. When I told the phone rep that this is a reprehensible practice, and that reputable companies like Lands End, Coldwater Creek, Kohl's & Famous Footwear offer free shipping without strings,the phone rep reimbursed 2 months of fees. If you buy anything from one of their companies: Appleseed's, Linensource, the Tog Shop or others,, be very careful...

marys342
4/30/16

I tried to order an item already reduced and with a promo code that should have given me a further reduction. When they added on the postage, it was almost the same price as the original reduced price.
Postage, then was 25% of the cost of the item!!
I like their products, but processing is extremely slow and P&H much too high.
I try to stay away from Appleseeds for these reasons

jens254
4/18/16

oh my goodness, I just spent over 38 minutes trying to place an order. They do not let you use two promo codes, so although I was going to spend over $300 on sweaters, they were going to charge $22 for shipping? Really? The woman who helped me just did not understand what I was saying. FINALLY, when she agreed to waive shipping and I had my 11 sweaters all ready to be ordered, she was not able to honor the 30% coupon code that worked when the sweaters were IN my shopping cart because "those coupons are just for online orders." So basically, if I order ON the phone with her, she can give me free shipping, but discount only ONE sweater, but if I order online, I can save 30% on all my sweaters, but pay $22 for shipping. WHO PAYS FOR SHIPPING THESE DAYS? ESPECIALLY WHEN A CUSTOMER IS SPENDING OVER $300??? WHAT A WASTE OF TIME!!!!!! ugh, wish I read these reviews before I even got on the phone with them.

kaylab29
3/10/16

I should've looked at the reviews for this website. I ordered a sweater from this website around oct. 15 2015 for a costume. A week later it said it atrived in the mail, i checked and it wasnt there. I emailed the company to complain abd all they did was offer me a discount off my next purchase, i got no money back on a $45 sweater. F**K this website. Then guess what came in the mail today? Its March 10 2016 and i finally got it. I dont even want it anymore, i just wanted it for my costume. This place is a waste of time and money, customer service is horrible. Dont ever shop here.

margaretm102
3/3/16

Beware of signing up for Appleseeds VIP Plus when ordering on line. It is hidden with a discount on your order followed by your credit card being charged $14.97 each month. VIP for a catalog? So disappointing... I was charged for 2 months before I caught it; I received absolutely nothing for it.

lavr4
2/17/16

I normally do not submit negative reviews. But I want to see if my experience is just my karma catching up or if it is a systemic problem with the website.
I placed an order on their website at the beginning of Jan. After the initial order confirmation, I didn't hear from them for 2 weeks (the order status showed as in progress). I finally called them and they said they placed the order 'on hold' to verify my mailing address. No calls, no emails, but they sent me a postcard which I received a few days later. A few more weeks later, I finally got the package, but it was missing 3 of 5 items I had ordered! The shipment summary however said everything was shipped. I called their customer service and the woman who answered was very abrupt and seemed not to know how to find information about my order. She got all the information on my order wrong and then suggested I wait for a few days and then call back. I was still asking for information when she hung up on me! I was so angry that I called back and this time I got a better representative who promised the missing items would be shipped to me and that they will refund and then charge again. To top it all, the quality of the items I got was not that great either. The only reason I gave a 2 is for that one guy who seemed to care.

hillaryb10
1/8/16

I placed an on line order with Tog shop before Christmas 2015. On 12/30/2015, I contacted the company to find out about delivery. The order had not even been processed. Over the course of the next week I was told by management and six other customer service people that the order would arrive on 1/8/2016 ( they offered "expedited delivery "due to previous company errors). On 1/8/2016 the order was not delivered. I contacted the company again and was told by another agent that I "must have been mistaken". the order was shipped on 1/7 and wouldn't arrive until 1/19/206. NEVER NEVER use these people--they are terrible liars. Very dishonest.

melaniec26
12/30/15

If you order from this company be prepared to be ripped off. If you call for customer service, service is not what you get. The run-around is, They won't let you cancel your order. And they will not ship on time. They will lie to you and tell you that your order has been shipped. This is not true. They will tell you that they have no visibility to see whether you have a shipping tracking number because "they are backed up". They are lying to you. This is very fraudulent behavior. This company needs to be shut down and its employees need to go to jail. Period.

Tip for consumers: Do NOT purchase from these people. They're crooks!

travlnt
10/27/15

Customer service is NON EXISTENT.
Very prompt with confirmation of order. After that you might as well be talking to a caveman. Can't tell you where your order is...if it's been processed...when it will be shipped. If you decide to cancel...can't even tell you if it's been cancelled.
You get faster and better service from Auto Zone...next year I will order my mother's 93 birthday gift from there.

eh49
10/1/15

I discovered that a jacket on sale in the catalog -in 5 colors- was on sale for $99.00. On the internet store, only 4 colors of the jackets were on sale for $109.00 and the 5th. color was not on sale but at the regular price of $124.00. I called Customer Service and was told that the only way to get catalog sale price was to mail or call in the order. And, that Appleseeds does not have uniform pricing between catalog and internet. Both venues for selling may run individual promotions. But the venues do not honor each others promotions. Customer has to find the best deal and play the game. Sounds like a new twist on "bait and switch" to me.

jenniferj57
8/18/15

I placed an order, asked for expedited shipping. I learned through Paypal the order didn't go through. I didnt understand why, the Money is there. I called and spoke to a pleasant enough man named Brandon. However he didn't know either and he said HE WOULD CALL ME BACK to let me know why. I told him I placed an order for expedited shipping since I needed items by Friday. Guess what, no call back and they lost a $30 sale. I now need to find clothes for the trip I am taking. STAY AWAY FROM THEM!! Any business who makes it that hard to spend your money with them, they aren't worth giving your money too.

patc57
8/7/15

I do most of my shopping online and this is one of my favorite places. I've bought at least 20 items from them. I had no problems whatsoever in returning the few that didn't fit. And I wasn't charged for the returns.
The only thing I don't like is the high cost of shipping them to me.

Helpful answer

After being laid-off in Jan 2010 I was delighted to accept a position at Johnny Appleseed's Inc. on Tozier Rd in Beverly MA. I accepted that position with the understanding that I would shadow a mentor during my training. No mentor was provided. No training was provided. Because I was unable to successfully perform my job duties due to the lack of training and due to the lack of response by management I left that position. It is 7 months later, 7 months from the time I both reported my leaving and why to the Massachusetts Dept of Workforce Development and am now being challenged as to why I left as well as the fact that Johnny Appleseed's Inc sent me an incorrect W2 statement and I have consistantly requested a correct W2 statement and have not been able to receive one. Instead I continue to receive statements from a bankruptcy attorney that I don't even understand and am unable to file my 2010 taxes as well as the fact that I no longer receive unemployment benefits while this is being investigated. It's being investigated as though I did something corrupt when in fact I reported everything in a timely manner. Any one out there experiencing similar problems? my email badolliecat@gmail.com

By Ruth P. on 11/28/11

Helpful answer

Questions? Get answers from the Appleseed's staff and other customers.

Appleseed's?