Appleseed's

Appleseed's has a consumer rating of 1.4 stars from 152 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Appleseed's also ranks 1048th among Women's Clothing sites. The most common issues with Appleseed's are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 9.5%

No positive highlights yet

• I've always have great experiences with both their customer service and quality of the clothing.
  • I made a large order to Appleseed women's clothing from the online store.
How would you rate Appleseed's?

“Bad reviews”

Shelley D.
5/13/20

Have read a lot of bad reviews re sizing, fit, customer service. I ordered two long sleeve T-shirts on 5/6/2020 and received them 5/12/20. Perfect size. I will be ordering from this company again. Just in case readers think I have an interest in the company, I DO NOT.

“Scam”

Wilk G.
9/11/20

This company that has many complaints operates this way, they offer you a coupon and if you take it you are 'enrolled' in their VIP crap and will be charged monthly until you catch it on your card! I realized that happen to me for years without getting anything in return. I have been paying $14.97 for nothing in exchange. I will contact my attorney also to see how this happen and how they keep that going for years without my approval. How about we get together and file a class action against the company.

customer service (57) order (117) credit card (22) tog shop (8) post office (7) 30 days (4) 2 months (5) vip plus (6) return fee (6) promo code (4) return label (4) this company (34)
wilkg
September 11th, 2020
shirleym389
June 14th, 2020
My wife ordered 3 tops, was to large, reordered and those also didn't fit, so She returned the second order [did not reorder] and she paid the freight herself. After they refunded the two orders their charges for freight and the amount that she paid $9.90 = $31.52 that we were out and have nothing in our hands to show for all that money. I will never order or would not recommend anybody to order from this company. They owe us $9.99 refund for freight overcharge, come on BBB stop these companies from ripping people off.
marilynm381
May 17th, 2020
Nice quality ordered a petite large in color buttercup, sweater runs larger than expected, did not like color. Returning for petite medium in classic navy color, hope it will work out better. Marilyn Marquardt
shelleyd79
May 13th, 2020
marionm158
August 15th, 2020
Do not get sucked in by Appleseeds' so-called "sales". This company charges a fortune for shipping, requires the buyer to cover the cost of return shipping and pays no attention to sizing. The size 32 skirt I ordered had a 35 inch waist — three inches off! I paid $20 for shipping and have nothing to show for it. This company is a dinosaur that can't go extinct fast enough.
tracyl285
January 7th, 2020
My sister gave me some clothes for Christmas and I wanted to exchange them for a difference size. She sent me all the paperwork and said it should be easy. Appleseed refused to ship the new items to me. They will only ship them to my sister and then she will have to ship the items back to me. Very inconvenient - even if she called to place the order - and then had them shipped they will not do it. Plus they want to charge $9.99 for the return and probably shipping on the new item. Terrible customer service. I guess we will take our $116.96 to another internet clothier. You would think Appleseed would have better customer service in this competitive age of internet shopping - very POOR.
pault549
May 26th, 2020
I followed their rules to the letter, mailing in person at USPS outside JAX, FL. That was 5/19/20. Pkg has been to York, PA, headed for Warren, PA. But then, it came back to JAX, and went to Indiana, where it might be on its way to Warren, PA. It has been in transit for a week, using their pre-paid (!) label. If you ever return something, amil yourself. Better, never order anything. They are in bankruptcy (I didn't know).

Tip for consumers: Don't oprder from them.

saundram15
May 18th, 2020
Appleseeds VIP Plus *******333*MA $14.97. This money is taken out of my bank acct.(TD bank) every month and I want this to stop immediately. May 18,2020. Please send me a response to this e-mail.
Saundra Mercer
ms1092
September 11th, 2020
I have ordered several times from this company, gone through hoops to finally get the products, patiently listening to the pitches for their credit cards and extra 15% off on one more item, etc.etc., I get to the end of the harangue and nicely say no, get the total, order number and, "POOF", mysteriously my order won't go through. I have a $10,000 credit limit on my Mastercard which is paid off and there is NOTHING wrong with my card. This is NONSENSE they pull to get customers to cave in and take their credit card! DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY.
lb564
March 14th, 2020
Watch out! They offer you a coupon and if you take it you are 'enrolled' in their VIP crap and will be charged monthly until you catch it on your card!
pm210
September 6th, 2020
I ordered 3 garments because they promised a discount on your FIRST order as a
New customer. Could not get any of the codes to work in order
To get the discount. Customer service not helpful.
I ordered anyway hoping discount would be automatic. It wasn't. Had free shipping. They tried to add
A small shipping charge anyway. I backed out and started over. Package arrived 2 days before another
Catalog arrived advertising the expensive jacket at a discount! Quilted jackets are usually soft. This one
Is thin and stiff. I will not order from them again because quality and discounts aren't reliable.
PDM, Florida
marciaz14
March 6th, 2020
I ordered three (3) items from Appleseed's. Three items arrived however only ONE was what I ordered. Two items were from BLAIR (don't know how that happens)! Called Customer Service was given instructions for return. Had to write a letter explaining everything and enclosed the two wrong items. Gave Appleseed's over a week to contact me as to the status of the return and completion of my order with the TWO items I did not receive but PAID FOR. My call today resulted in a recording telling me that returns take 4-6 weeks! What? DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!
carolm1146
August 3rd, 2020
Items come straight from China. Cheap material. Items run small. Very small! Just do yourself a big favor and save yourself money and disappointement.
carolinah
August 6th, 2017
The catalogs they send out to customers often have clearance or sale prices - but on their site, the prices are not marked down at all, or not to the extent of the sales catalog.
lauralp1
July 10th, 2020
I had ordered a pair of shoes (size 9.5 wide). The shoes arrived and they were too big. I stated on the request that I wanted to order size 9. I marked the "reason for return code: TOO LARGE. They sent back to me a size 10W. I sent them back w/ a note that they made a mistake. I ordered again and I now have the size 9W that i asked for. They charged me a return fee on the pair that they screwed-up on. I called customer service and was told that was their policy. I told them to take me off the catalog & email list. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY---THEY CHEAT YOU ON THEIR MISTAKES!
susank882
April 9th, 2020
I bought a sweater (P-L) for my mom and it arrived being size (P-XL). She is in an Assisted Living Home and during this cornoavirus outbreak I asked Appleseeds to simply just send her the correct size. My order was verified that I had ordered the correct size in the first place. They said she could send it back and I would get a refund or they would send the correct size when they received the garment back. I said she is unable to orchestrate going to the post office herself or even wrapping it up and giving it to staff who would be willing to do that. And why would they want a garment possibly contaminated with the coronavirus on it in the first place? With all the companies and people going out of their way to be generous and altruistic on their own in the country, this company demonstrated a lack of common sense or more importantly the integrity to do the right thing to correct THEIR error. I will never buy anything from them again!
lindac1566
December 13th, 2019
I ordered 2 items. One was a funnel neck described as "white" but was clearly "ivory". When I called Customer Service I was told I would not have to pay the return shipping fee as it was "not as described" and was told how to facilitate this using a code to this effect. I followed her instructions implicitly. When my credit came through they had in fact charged me for the return fee which I thought was a mistake. Silly me! This Customer Service lady told me that I would NOT be able to be reimbursed for the return shipping, even though I had been told I would originally. I asked to speak to the manager. The Cust. Ser. Mgr., a Mrs. Baker, reiterated that no, I would not be reimbursed for the return shipping because the returns dept. deemed that it was the color I ordered. Apparently if you order white and it is actually ivory (which are 2 different colors!) it's your tough luck! My mistake here was NOT reading their reviews first! Will never order from them again and I'm getting ready to write a letter to their headquarters!
donnas616
March 14th, 2019
Rec'd wrong item and called immediately as i needed it for a certain date. Half hour wait for customer service and no one came on line. Tried ordering line and got someone immediately. However, i was 5 minutes past the fed ex express shipping deadline and they could not help me. Also, if i wrote rec'd wrong item on return label and there is not space for that! I might be able to avoid the return fee. Even a supervisor was unwilling to help.
Do not order from this company
christinem546
November 28th, 2019
My order was for two tops. They did not fit so I sent them back and ordered something different. I paid $45.37 including shipping and handling. Then there was a return fee. Of my $45.37 I got a refund of $22.39. So I paid $22.98 for NOTHING.
I am very disappointed at the way Appleseeds rips off online customers. I will not be shopping there again.
sabrinas125
November 17th, 2019
First, they double billed me. When I called because that sent my bank account into overdraft, they told me I shouldn't have a problem with it because the money would be returned to my account within 3 days and if I had a problem I could take it up with my bank (all major banks process payments the same, so it is NOT my bank's issue; and Appleseed's admitted they sent 2 charges through for the same order). Then, I get a very condescending call the next day from a lady who tells me I don't seem to understand how credit card payments work (I do. I worked for years in financial services). Finally, the shipment arrives and both items are the wrong size. I'm not even sure I want to return them because they customer service people are the rudest I have ever talked to in my entire life. I wish I'd never heard of this company!
sr295
November 9th, 2019
I ordered 2 shirts. While doing so I joined the VIP PLUS. Which was my error in not hearing it was $14.97 PER MONTH, so be aware. One of the 2 shirts arrived and I was charged $14.99 freight. How much does 1 cotton shirt weigh? I have been trying to cancel the second unreceived shirt and I was on hold for 47 minutes before I hung up. If the place is closed, why do they send you to wait for the next available agent? I have cancel the VIP, and will cancel accounts I have with them and am trying to get the catalogue canceled as well. The business model is shoddy and not worth your time.
wendyl177
August 23rd, 2019
Appleseed's sent me a battered raincoat that I couldn't put my arm throught. It seemed like the right sleeve was sewn shut, making it impossible to put the coat on. When I contacted them about their faulty product and requested a refund, They insisted that I pay for the shipping fee instead of giving me a full refund. This product is unwearable and an oversight on their part. They cannot sell these types of products and make customers to pay for their mistakes. This just proves their customer service is horrible.Don't order from here, unless you want to pay for incompetence.
marye475
September 19th, 2019
After ordering a pair of pants, I discovered an additional charge to my credit card for VIP services that I did not consciously request. I called and was told that I probably accidentally clicked on an ad on my computer. What sort of company charges for VIP services with only a click that was not even intended? The $14.97 monthly fee is small enough that many people probably pay it for years without noticing it. This is a very deceptive company. Beware.
danae56
August 23rd, 2019
This is a high-risk company. Avoid them. Their clothing is sometimes two sizes larger than listed on their site and even as labeled on the clothing. Their "size guide" is useless, since they state what the correct size SHOULD be, but they ship items that do not conform, other than being labeled as though they are the right size. If you were in their store, you would have to try on all sizes of an item to find one that actually fits. Unfortunately, doing this over the internet is impossible and Appleseed's will ALWAYS deduct outbound and inbound shipping costs with EVERY return - even though they are responsible for selling mislabeled products. This means that you cannot return any items without losing about 35% of your money.
sharonh411
April 20th, 2019
I ordered a pair or 7 1/2 shoes. Actual size was more an 8 or 8 1/2. The quality was so poor the sides of the shoes were "wavey" before I even put them on so they buckled out badly along the sides.
I have ordered from this company once before and was disappointed then also. Shame on me for ordering again. AND THEY CHARGED $9.99 TO RETURN THE POOR QUALITY PRODUCT! Save yourself the expense and frustration; look elsewhere.

Sorry to hear this, ruth, you could check out the other reviews to see if anyone has experienced something similar to what you did: http://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.appleseeds.com

By T N.