Review of Appleseed's

Tel: 1-800-546-4554
customerservice@appleseeds.com

elizabeths549
3/16/19

Appleseed is truly a dishonest company. Appleseed was taking out money monthly on a supposed VIP account for years!!! I did not get the refund that had been bleeding my account for years. You took about swindlers!

donnas616
3/14/19

Rec'd wrong item and called immediately as i needed it for a certain date. half hour wait for customer service and no one came on line. tried ordering line and got someone immediately.however, i was 5 minutes past the fed ex express shipping deadline and they could not help me. also, if i wrote rec'd wrong item on return label and there is not space for that! i might be able to avoid the return fee. even a supervisor was unwilling to help.
do not order from this company

pattyc74
12/26/18

Horrible customer service! They never shipped an order I placed for a Christmas gift, saying it was due to the shipping and billing addresses not matching. They claimed to have sent an email asking me to confirm that they should proceed with shipping, but I never received one. They also claimed to have sent me a letter. I never received anything from them. I've had nothing but problems dealing with them in the past. Now my mother has no gift. I will never order from them again! I actually asked them to go ahead and ship the item that they were sitting on (even though they told me it would take up to 8 more business days). Instead of shipping it like I had asked, they cancelled the order. NEVER AGAIN!!

loum193
12/10/18

Their clothing is NOT true to size. An item I purchased was marked as size 18 and it just barely fit a friend who's a size 12. It is almost impossible to get a person in Customer Service. Their phone menu leads you down many different rabbit holes, many times to a dead end. When I finally reached Customer Service, I was told that when I ship back the item, I wasn't going to be charged the cost of the return postage because the defect was on their part. When my credit card bill arrived, I saw that I was charged the $9.99 cost for the return shipping. I called going through another phone menu maize and was told that I would be reimbursed. The following month my credit card bill arrived and I was not reimbursed. I just got off the phone with Customer Service and was told that they were not going to reimburse me because I ordered size 18 and they sent me size 18. They have a very bad return and Customer Service policy.

paulal115
11/11/18

I just demanded a refund as the socked a $1.99 a month charge on my credit card for coupons. These people are not ethical. I demanded a refund.

jamies156
9/20/18

The 4 sweaters I ordered are soft and good quality. I had to cancel an item before it shipped and the customer service rep was helpful and kind.

tonyt29
9/3/18

I ordered 3 items (tee shirts) from Appleseeds for 66.00 and change. I returned them as I did not like the quality within 60 days as is their policy and used their pre-paid label which resulted in a 9.99 charge against refund OK understood. But when amex posted the return amount it was only for 43.00 and change. So they charged me 23.00 and change to return goods (not one item even cost this much) absolutely a ripoff and unethical business practices. Additionally they charged me 1.97 and 14.97 as recurring charges for a VIP program I did not authorize. Amex would not help as they said it was recurring charges but could produce no signature for it. After calling Appleseeds they finally refunded VIP charges but no such luck on returned merchandise. Will never buy anything from them again and I would recommend that if you do buy from them be aware of their unethical business practices.

rhondak25
7/9/18

There items are overpriced and Comenity Capital Bank whom they use uses usury.Greed is what they practice

debs140
6/13/18

"I received a pop-up coupon offer and clicked on it. I was immediately enrolled in the VIP Program without any clear way of getting out of the coupon offer. I also did not read that they would be charging my credit card $1.99 per month for this so-called service.
The same day I sent their customer service an email that I want the program cancelled.
The next day they charged $1.99 to my credit card AND sent me an email that they had cancelled the program and would not be charging my credit card again. NO MENTION OF REVERSING THE CHARGE TO MY CREDIT CARD AFTER I CANCELLED THE SERVICE.
I am outraged that Appleseeds would stoop to slimy behavior such as this and will not be buying anymore merchandise from them.
BUYER BEWARE. Do not take them up on their coupon offers, you'll regret it. They can keep their coupons. "

jeanniel18
6/9/18

Purchased a $31.99 jacket in April. Ordered the XS because they said it fits large. It was too small so I returned it for an EXCHANGE to get it in small.Never received it so I called. Their customer service told me that I did not return it for an exchange and that they would have to reorder it for me. Like the very next day, I received the "exchange," but when I called them they said it was too late to cancel the reorder their customer service
had done. Returned the second jacket for a full refund since it was their fault, but hey, they say it was my fault. Bottom line: I ended up paying $67 for the $32 jacket!! I finally gave up trying to explain to them their mistake. They make their money in shipping charges and their mistakes. Bottom line...................do not buy from Appleseeds or their affiliates!

maryanna15
6/7/18

Going on a month since I ordered new spring clothes for my 93 year old mother in a senior home. I have called several times and keep getting the same response..."YOUR ORDER IS BEING PROCESSED." In this day and age a retailer cannot take a month to send orders. I have way too many options. I'll never order from Appleseed's again.

bettyb156
6/6/18

I ordered a yellow blouse. Appleseed's sent me a white blouse and refused to send me a yellow one unless I returned the white one. However, I am disabled, which is why I ordered online, and cannot get to a post office. Too bad Appleseed's forgot the first rule of doing business: THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT. :)

rozealbinac
4/10/18

I ordered online from Appleseed's website. I had a coupon for free shipping. I placed two orders with a free shipping code. When I got the order, the size was wrong. They sent a S/M and I ordered L/XL. I called and said, "these say L/XL, but the label must be wrong. These are S/M. So the rep. said send it back and they will waive shipping,. So I sent the orders back. Guess what? Not only did they charge 9.99 each for shipping it back, they also did NOT honor the free shipping code when I placed my order. So I called and complained about all the charges. They said, "we decided that since the orders were on sale, we charged you shipping. And the items looked fine to us. The label said L/XL and that's what you ordered." I said, "but the label is wrong!" They said, "well, there's nothing we can do." So my shipping charges all together from them totaled $44.00 with NO merchandise to show for it. I REFUSE to pay for it. This company needs to be banned.They need to be closed down.

louised59
3/17/18

Yes, be careful ladies...somehow, last April they started charging me, first $1.99 for April and then I was charged every month on my credit card $14.97. I see no evidence that I even placed an order in March or April. Somehow when you fill out your order online you automatically get signed up for the VIP Plus. I think I may have filled out the form and then not placed the order, I do that sometimes when I change my mind when I see how much the tax and shipping is going to be. Why would you pay $180 a year for the honor of shopping from their catalog. I admit wasn't watching my credit card bill to close which was bad on my part, but I travel a lot. The lady I called at Appleseed's to stop this madness was very matter of fact and very slick. When I said I want my money back, she said she can give me the last 4 months...so they have stolen 181.63 and they are refunding me $59.88. They know what they are doing and they are probably making tons of money off this little fraud. Beachbody does it too and there are probably others. Sad world we live in!!

arleneg14
3/14/18

This morning I received an E-mail from Appleseeds requesting that I participate in a survey -- and if I did -- I would receive $25.00 off my next order. I took the survey and received a code with an expiration date of April 15. I decided to order a couple of items -- but when I entered the code it said it was invalid. I called Appleseeds and was told that I should go ahead and place my order for the full amount -- then call their customer service and they would adjust the order by $25.00. I couldn't even believe that they said this. I told the rep that this made absolutely no common sense. He agreed but said that this was what he was told to say. Oh -- okay -- I'm going to go ahead and place an order at full price, then get on the phone to their customer service with the hope that they will adjust my order --- I don't think so. I'm fuming and will not order from this company again.

pennyn7
3/9/18

I recently ordered a pair of women's pants from Appleseed's in size 18. They sent me the item in size 10. I returned the item checking the appropriate code for their mistake, They deducted the return shipping ($9.99) from my refund, although they had shipped me the wrong item. I called customer service and with great difficulty reached a human being, called Becky. After checking supposedly with the returns department. she said that Appleseed's had determined that they were not at fault. After arguing back and forth, with Becky just repeating the same sentence over and over, I told her that they had lost a long-time customer. I urge everyone not to buy from Appleseed's. They do not honor their mistakes.

marilynm83
3/7/18

I purchased 2 nightgowns, & one's silk frayed after one washing. I called to get a replacement, which they agreed to. It cost me $13 to send it back on 2/21/18. I never heard from them again, & when I called today, 3/7/18 they said it was out of stock, and had issued a refund, which they had never called me. They did credit my account, but I resent that I was not notified. I'll never order from them again, as all my purchases in the past have taken so long to be delivered, and no email is issued to tell me when or if.

joana136
1/24/18

Despite repeated requests, Appleseed's has refused to remove my address from their list of catalog subscribers. Six months ago I purchased a condo from an estate. The previous owner received many, many catalogs including Appleseed's. On June 7, 2017 I called and requested that they stop sending catalogs. They said the name and address would be taken off the mailing list but I would still receive 2-3 more as they were already printed. I was still receiving catalogs in October and called the company again. I was assured that the name had been removed from the mailing list. I called again on December 28 and the name was still on the list. I received their latest catalog the week of January 15. I've received 6 catalogs since making my first request in June. It certainly appears that Appleseed's has a policy to ignore requests to discontinue their catalog.

gailh85
1/11/18

If I could give it zero stars, I would. I ordered 2 gifts for Christmas and tracked it on UPS. I could see that it was not leaving UPS a week before Christmas and called them. They told me it would not be considered "lost" until 8 business days were up, which was Friday before Christmas. Well still no package on that Friday. I called them after Christmas to cancel the order and then they said I had to wait 30 days because the order might come. When I told them I did not want the order anymore as it was a Christmas gift, they did not care. I asked for a manager, and she would not budge either. Then it would be up to me to track when the 30 days was up to tell them the package still did not come until they would refund my money. Well the package finally came the Friday after Christmas and when I went to return it, I noticed they charge a $9.99 return fee. I called them to get it waived, argued with the customer service (a term I use lightly for them) on why it should be waived, and then after 5 minutes of back and forth, he said he would have "company policy" reviewed when it's returned and determine if they would waive the fee. I'm not holing my breath.

barbarac214
12/28/17

I received a gift purchased from Appleseed's. It was something I really did not need, so I was going to exchange it for another item. I had two questions, #1: Would the giver know I exchanged the item, and #2: If my purchase came to more than the cost of the original item, why was there no place on the form for me to enter MY credit card information? Answer: Yes, she would know any way I handled this,which is totally unacceptable to me. The buyer was a very elderly relative, and I do not wish to hurt her feelings. For me to be charged the difference, I would have to treat this as two transactions, and again, the buyer would be notified.

kareng184
12/2/17

I ordered ked's shoes for my daughter as a gift. I ordered grey (which is specifically indicated on the invoice I received). They sent me stone. To send this pair of shoes back for their mistake, I will have to pay 9.99 (Lets be real, and call it $10!), even though it is their error! It clearly says they will deduct from my refund. I would exchange, but it is not actually an "exchange". What's to guarantee me that I will receive the right order next time? I tried calling-- just went in circles with voice messaging. This company is not consumer-friendly. First and last time I will ever order from them. Buyer beware.

lindas470
10/31/17

I ordered two blazers and they didn't fit so I returned them with the return shipping
label included in order, they charged me $27.98 to return them; I will never order from Blair, appleseeds again. The amount charge to return was way to high

paulab80
10/15/17

I ordered a "Foxcroft" shirt only to discover that it's really "Foxcroft for Appleseed's" For the life of me I can't understand how Foxcroft allows its name to be used because this shirt bears little resemblance to the real thing. The material is thin and scratchy. I don't know about the fit because once I saw the poor quality, I didn't even try it on.

audreym26
9/20/17

I only gave my order one star because Appleseed's wouldn't accept No Stars. Reason for this: I received three tops that are totally unsatisfactory - one has a flaw right in the front under the neckline - impossible not to notice by anybody who packed it. The others are also huge disappointments for various reasons. I will not return any of them because of the shipping charge for returning them which only adds to my expense for these poor quality shirts. So they are going to a local thrift shop - God forgive me for pawning them off on to somebody else. If there were a Minus ANY Stars to click, I would do that.

Please remove my name fromyour mailing list.

judithm74
8/14/17

I ordered a top for $21.99. Paid shipping charges of $9.99 for a total of $31.98. Returned the top immediately when I realized it was not a good color for me. . Got a $12.00 credit on my credit card. So doing business with the Tog Shop, with nothing to show for it, cost me $19.98. Good profit for them, but bad business in the long run. I do not wish them well.

After being laid-off in Jan 2010 I was delighted to accept a position at Johnny Appleseed's Inc. on Tozier Rd in Beverly MA. I accepted that position with the understanding that I would shadow a mentor during my training. No mentor was provided. No training was provided. Because I was unable to successfully perform my job duties due to the lack of training and due to the lack of response by management I left that position. It is 7 months later, 7 months from the time I both reported my leaving and why to the Massachusetts Dept of Workforce Development and am now being challenged as to why I left as well as the fact that Johnny Appleseed's Inc sent me an incorrect W2 statement and I have consistantly requested a correct W2 statement and have not been able to receive one. Instead I continue to receive statements from a bankruptcy attorney that I don't even understand and am unable to file my 2010 taxes as well as the fact that I no longer receive unemployment benefits while this is being investigated. It's being investigated as though I did something corrupt when in fact I reported everything in a timely manner. Any one out there experiencing similar problems? my email badolliecat@gmail.com

By Ruth P.

To my knowledge they have been associated with Blair and several other companies. Ive had great service with them ordering and reordering different sizes and getting a quick refund. I returned items on my own, not with their label and saved a couple dollars that way. Thank God I was lucky because all these reviews sound awful. I did get free shipping so returning one item out of three was $7, but since the dresses were on sale for $17 from $70 I cant complain. I got my return credit in a week. Ive tried to review my dresses, but cant figure out how after searching their website.

By Cynthia G.

Questions? Get answers from the Appleseed's staff and other customers.

Appleseed's?