US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

brucep37
8/22/16

Recently heard the president of Alibaba explain the vision for global expansion, and it ticked all the boxes. Well done Alibaba.

ryank43
8/18/16

Bought an excavator bucket for a brand new Hitachi ZX55-5u. The bucket arrived & looked okay. I went to pin the bucket on the excavator & the pin centres were 285mm. They should have been 230mm. Xuzhou shenfu international trade refuse to accept they have made a mistake. I even sent them the workshop manual for the excavator & they tried to tell me Hitachi were wrong & they were right. After 2 days of hearing excuses why it is my fault I am ready to give up. Bucket will probably end up a garden ornament. Don't make the same mistake! Buy from a reputable dealer

matts120
8/15/16

These guys are a bunch of idiots. I paid $42 for a fleece jacket. Good looking product. I make over six figures income of and would have bought more. And these morons want to fleece me. Tracking web site that doesn't work. And disputes website that won't open. Please !!! Stick to Amazon and ignore these morons

Tip for consumers: Have no idea because I never received any product. I can't rate them because I haven't been able to get ahold of them

zahraha
8/12/16

They deactivated my account!! I didn't receive any of my orders since two months ordering!! I can't open dispute! And they will keep my money there!! What a site!! That's how they deal with their customers?? Very baad

jeffc108
8/11/16

Placed an order with an Alibaba, china based supplier. When the supplier failed to meet our contracted requirements or the delivery schedule we canceled the order and requested a refund. The supplier was willing to provided the refund less the difference in the foreign exchange rate and related fees (about $280USD on a $8400 order.) It so happened that the Yuan/Dollar exchange rate dropped during the period of waiting on my order. Raised the dispute through Trade Assurance which is suppose to offer 100% buyer protection. After supplying clear evidence of the contractual gaps and obvious delivery delay the Trade Assurance rep. seemed to totally disregard the evidence and favor the Chinese supplier. Seemingly no options for appeal. Trade Assurance is bogus protection as the Reps do not seem to spend the time to understand or review submitted details even if clearly defined in the contract with the supplier which is already part of the Alibaba transaction. In my opinion they are largely partial to protecting the China suppliers. Your even prevented from leaving negative feedback on the transaction.

lvh
8/10/16

I bought a steel pipe shipments from suppliers Sino Metal Material Co., Ltd. (https://liyuanda.en.alibaba.com/) Gold Supplier of Alibaba .. But what I get is a steel pipe poor quality: leaks, Stainless, pitted surface and mixing impurities .. inside steel pipe. We conducted negotiations with Sino Metal Material Co., Ltd., they have given price $ 150/ton compensation for me. But it is not my loss by half. I did complain to the Alibaba and provide all the proof of quality as well as my agreement and suppliers. But at that Sino Metal Material Co., Ltd. launched a very low level of compensation compared with the original, only $ 50 / ton. I pointed out the damage and sincere resolve but do not understand why Alibaba agree that compensation levels and closed my complaint ?.
According to international practice, when there is a dispute vendors like Alibaba commercial service shall have temporarily closed the supply of goods is subject to a claim and issued a warning to buyers, but sellers still normal operation and can scam more buyer in the world.
I have continued feedback and is awaiting the verdict from Alibaba and hope reasonable solution for all

vincentt14
8/9/16

I ordered a scooter from Merlot Commerce and they were very happy to take my money. I received the scooter in a worn-out cardboard box that had obviously been used for shipping in the past. Having been made of very thin, cheap looking cardboard, the top of the box was completely crushed and parts of the scooter were sticking out through the sides. Upon opening the box, i found broken, scratched and cracked pieces on many parts of my brand new scooter. The styrofoam packing was in small broken pieces throughout the insides of the box. I followed Alibaba's protocol for filing with their complaint department by sending photos opf the box and the scooter parts that were damaged. They put me in touch with one of the managers for trade at Merlot Commerce. I was advised by Alibaba and Merlot Commerce that I could return the shipment to them for a full refund at MY cost, and that was the only reparation they would offer.
I wouldv'e had to pay several hundred dollars more to return their product after already having paid in full for it. All I asked for were the parts to make repairs. I was refused. Alibaba made no attempt to intervene. I contacted them several more times reporting the outcome of this transaction and was told there was nothing that could be done.

sandras131
8/3/16

A lot of the suppliers are allowed to false advertise. For example. I wasted an entire month sourcing for products only to find out that not only were the suppliers falsely advertising that they were subscribed to Trade Assurance but their MOQ's were way, way off. They claimed that MOQ's were 1,000 when in fact they were 25,000 and admitted to me that it was just a way to attract buyers. When I finally was able to make a deal --- the suppliers refused Trade Assurance claiming that Alibaba charged too much and caused too much hassle. This happened at least 25 times. When I complained to customer service, they acted like it was nothing new. When I filed a complaint, nothing happened and the same old suppliers are still doing the same things. Alibaba is known for 3rd rate manufacturer's anyway, so I've taken my business elsewhere.

Part 2. (Since publishing my review above) So I spoke to customer service and filed a formal complaint on a few manufacturer's who had the Trade Assurance Logo on their website, but refused to allow me to pay for their invoice (PI) via Trade Assurance. This is what I found out. Not only are these suppliers allowed to opt out of Trade Assurance if they want, but, they are also allowed to keep the Trade Assurance logo on their website. In addition, they are also allowed to falsely advertise MOQ's with out updating it on their website. I want to say this. In a three week time span sourcing for products, I came across 98 suppliers with the Trade Assurance logo on their website. All were Gold Suppliers. 93 of them said no to Trade Assurance. 93. Alibaba expected me to fill out and file formal complaints on all of them. I experimented and filed complaints on 2 of them. Good thing I did, because it turned out to be an ADDITIONAL WASTE OF MY TIME.

Part 3, MOQ's. Like I said earlier, I've wasted countless hours e-mailing suppliers for quotes. Those suppliers have MOQ's advertised as 1,000 and when they e-mail back they say that the real MOQ is 12,000 or more. I've complained to Alibaba about it and all they do is tell me to put out a buying request. Ok, but what about the false advertising problem? It's rampant on your website!! And I've put out buying requests and that just leads to your suppliers trying to over sell me.

Alibaba, do not ask me to file a formal complaint. DO THE WORK YOURSELF. THIS IS NOT MY JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!

larryt43
7/27/16

Ordered hundreds of pkgs. of seed, half were the wrong product, who knows what they were. I started filing disputes and that is when they decided to close my account with no warning at all. Beware of this company.

jink12
7/21/16

Tried to use Alibaba to look for some fashion accessories with OEM made. Suppliers did not even read what I am looking for and constantly spamming my email.

Not suggested.

carolc83
7/20/16

Horrible company; products are never as good as they appear on line. Also, I couldn't return a blouse I bought; they said the website showed that it was a final sale but it didn't! DON'T EVEN BOTHER ORDERING FROM THESE JERKS.

sunp1
7/14/16

The supplier name is Wuhan Fengwanting Trading Co., Ltd.
its agent is DMA Logistics Inc.
This companies are frauds. Stay away.
He got my money us$855 and kept lying.
I went a Alibaba dispute process but the guy handled this matter does not even understand.
Alibaba actually does nothing.

abbyc11
7/14/16

Will never purchase again. Purchased the Sterling Silver Ring, Vampire Diaries Inspired Ring, Lapis Lazuli Gemstone. Photo on site shows a substantial ring of decent size. What a received was nowhere close. There photo is so magnified - this company is a joke. The band is only as thick as a quarter. Also, I was not able to write a review on their site. Another clue to stay away. Wish I had read the reviews before I wasted my money.

Tip for consumers: Stay away from this site. What a scam.

andriusv
7/13/16

Hello guys, just wanted to help someone else to avoid High Per, Highper or High-per.
They think they speak english and tries to fool you on every corner they can (shipping method, wrong parts and lots of other methods)

Be aware, good luck

mariellak
7/7/16

I bought metal candelabras which turn to be not metal but aluminium. They are shaking, look horribly bad and are totally unusable due to this fact.
I asked for my money back, but the Trade Assurance responded that I have to pay them more money to make an expertise which will prove the poor quality of the service.
I have deeply regretted that I have spent so much money.
DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FORM ALIBABA.

There is no such a thing as Trade Assurance. They do protect only the Chinese manufacturer.

Doggie site!!!!

frana9
7/3/16

I was a customer and I stopped to buy goods because they high numbers of scammers and thieves there and now I'm starting to work as a publisher to post ads of alibaba so I say maybe this time they can pay something. They promise to earn great money with cpa offers but I found is a lie and as always they stole your money if you buy from them or they waste your time and money if you work with them. YOU WILL LOSE ALWAYS WITH ALIBABA

Tip for consumers: Be careful before you give your debit or credit card number to this thieves. Use paypal and look other sites more legitimate and reliable

ashleys149
6/29/16

These people are a JOKE. I ordered a large quantity of a certain product that turned out to not only be counterfeit but also dangerous. I submitted my dispute with 17 photos showing the issues, which the seller of course denied. I escalated it hopeful to get some real help, only to be told to upload a 5 minute video and then put it on friggin youtube then send them the video link - however on top of this ridiculous request there was NO BUTTON TO SUBMIT ANY VIDEO FILES- effectively banning me from submitting the evidence which they claimed I needed to. I contacted them and was told to just wait and see what happens. I said no way - I will be calling my bank because this is insane. I should not have to submit a video on a public website to be protected from dishonest sellers- and I don't "trust" Alibaba to protect me whatsoever. Shut my account down today - I will NEVER be scammed again by these idiots. THANK GOD FOR PAYPAL

rajesht3
6/29/16

I have ordered a Bluetooth speaker from aliexpress.com which is under alibaba.com, the order was made on 5th may 2016 but as of today I haven't received the item , when i was inquired About I got different statements from one of the customer care representative named Esther , first she stated that item has Arrived in destination Which is UAE further she stated that item might have gone missing then she promised to rearrange the shipment and provided with new tracking no and website page to track it , again I got disappointed when I tried to track it it won't show any signs of shipment , I am totally frustrated with my first ever experience with alibaba.com

susank96
6/28/16

I bought 50 pairs of shoes from Coolcept for my business and I received 29 pairs of shoes that were all faulty. Burn marks, dirty, glue all over shoes, torn and jagged inner soles, heels faulty. Coolcept first response was to offer a 10% refund. For what I ask. For sending 50 pairs of shoes all squashed into one box & faulty . Pink pong emailing with offers of 10% refund , and now if I send shoes back will refund. I have to pay for shoes to be sent back , which doubles the cost of the shoes. No help from Aliexpress as they protect the seller. Their buyer protection is just bogus. In saying this, I have dealt with other sellers on this site and their shoes and service has been outstanding. Its just this one seller that people should be very wary of buying from as he knew the conditions of the shoes but sent them anyway. All he sees is the $ and not the impact it has on the people buying from him.

titoa1
6/27/16

I worked hard to promote the ads of alibaba page and I got some earning but now three months and still show pending. I contacted them when they pay me, they never answer. They show that you can earn money with them but all are LIES. You just will lost time and money with this kind of thieves and animals killers. Shame on you

Tip for consumers: Don't trust any sweet words and blabla. Just they play the consumer to keep his money.

adityaa2
6/24/16

being a citizen of INDIA we are not going to buy any product from china.

philr31
6/16/16

I ordered an LED flashlight, it arrived today, 10 days after being shipped. Upon inspection the charger fell apart the first time I tried to use it. There's an 'Open Dispute' button my account, which i immediately tried to do, but this wouldn't work. I contacted Ali customer Service, who were patronising and unhelpful, they said that the 10-day period for complaint was over, due to the slow shipping time. So I have no right for refund.... Quite incredibly bad service; more so, just dishonest.
I don't recommend anybody buying anything from this website.

jacquelinem26
6/15/16

Dog and cat meat trade and the torture involved must end today,

suev7
6/15/16

Alibaba Group we KNOW you supply the dog and cat meat trade with equipment which is used to sadistically murder, de-hair, abuse, torture beautiful, innocent dogs and cats. YOU MAKE MONEY OUT OF EVIL ABUSE. SHAME ON YOU .. STOP YOUR EVIL NOW !!

Evil, Evil! Change your ways.. Americans will not buy your products China!

( STOPAT..... ......AWAYTRADE boycottchina EndYulinFestival #boycottchina #BanDCMT

sharonb109
6/15/16

#BOYCOTTALIBABA #BOYCOTTCHINA Alibaba group we KNOW you supply the vile dog and cat meat trade with equipment which is used to sadistically used to murder de hair abuse and torture on these poor innocent beautiful cats and dogs YOU MAKE MONEY OUT OF THIS EVIL VILE BARBARIC ABUSE STOP YOUR EVIL NOW !! SHAME ON YOU CHINA ! STOP torturing killing eating these beautiful loving animals MILLIONSOF PEOPLE WORLDWIDE ARE OUTRAGED AT YOUR DISGUSTING ACTIONS ! WE HAVE A VOICE WE WILL KEEP SHOUTING OUT FOR ANIMALS! WE WILL NOT GO WAY UNTIL YOU STOP WITH THIS EVIL BARBARIC DOG CAT MEAT TRADE #BOYCOTTING CHINA THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING BEAUTIFUL ABOUT CHINA as long as you continue to allow this trade evil trade to continue .STOP ATTACKING THE GOOD Chinese people who LOVE & CARE for animals .Bring in some MUCH NEEDED ANIMAL & WELFARE LAWS & START TREATING ANIMALS WITH RESPECT & CARE THEY ALL DESERVE .Educate your children .#StopYulinForever #StopBoknal #Bandcmt .

120 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Alibaba staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Answer
sandras131
A: It depends on your quantity. If you order a small quantity, normally yes. Large quantities no. You need to hire an outside agent (DHL, etc. ) who will also act as your customs agent, for that. All the supplier will do is get your shipment to the loading dock. It's called FOB freight.
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Answer
razik
A: SAME IS THE SITUATION WITH ME I JUST TRIED TO FIND SOME SUPPLIERS FROM ALIBABA AND ALL OF THEM SELLING THE IPHONE 6S FROM 80-90 US DOLLARS... I AM WONDERING HOW IT IS POSSIBLE....IN NEED THE ANSWER TOO
Helpful answer