US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

janec102
12/2/16

Well, buy the cheap things only. This is a lottery, you never know if the item you purchased is going to reach you.

laurakelm
12/1/16

I purchased shipping insurance from Alibaba to cover the purchase I made from a company in China. The insurance gave me a piece of me me. It gave me confidence that my investment would be protected.

What a HORRIBLE experience. First my product was wrong. Their designer decided that his idea was better than what I ordered, so now the new equipment does not match existing equipment. Second, Fancy toys guaranteed delivery (insured by Alibaba) in 20 days. I received the equipment 45 days after my payment! Alibaba says tha Fancy Toys only estimated. Third, Fancy Toys told me that shipping by sea is far more cheeper than FedEx. Wha a lie! It was their American company that requested money from me in the tune of $$815!!!! My entire purchase was only $1170! What a rip off.

trevorm36
11/30/16

I placed an order with a company called VIETSTAR imports based in Vietnam (apparently). I have since found out they actually based in Egypt. Unfortunately I was scammed out of $475.00 as he says I need to pay another £200.00 if I want my goods released from the port. Please be careful as this company is a complete fraud!!!!!

shimas1
11/26/16

Don't trust them you'll never get your order

karolinag3
11/15/16

We had to pay 100 % in advance.
The boxes came broken, furnitures destroyed, quality nightmare, back wall - no paint!!
company offered sending a glue that we could fix it ourselves.
Had to make new ones, costs !? DOUBLE.
After two years I have finally the desks fixed.
It would be cheaper to buy designer furnitures from Europe.

sn215
11/12/16

We purchased some bags from Jinhua Bestcreate Art & Craft Co., Ltd. they were very good with the customer service till they got the money. When we received the bags the handles started coming off and the bottom started falling off since they did not stitch the handles properly or have enough fabric for the bottom to be stitched. When we contacted then they offered us a 500 usd refund but this means that we will loose 2000 usd we wanted them to repair the bags. In the end I said to Alibaba that I would like to leave feedback and not have the refund. In true Chinese government style Alibaba refused to put negative feedback for the supplier. They will only post positive feedback. What a shambles they also pretended that they will implement a feedback system in the future.

Tip for consumers: Avoid Alibaba and Jinhua Bestcreate Art & Craft Co., Ltd

jamesc374
11/10/16

Alibaba charges annually 29,800RMB, that is around 4,500USD with their normal members and 58900RMB, that is around 8,930USD with their gold members. You think this is all in fee then you're wrong. That is just the entrance fee with Alibaba. In reality, the average membership fee each factory in China pays is 140,000RMB, that is around 20,900USD.What does it mean for the Chinese factory to pay 20,900USD for alibaba a year in China? That's meant the factory must earn more than 20,900USD back only to have their poor profit!!!
However, the situaction here in China is that factories keep shrinking and jobs cut due to the rising pay, mostly 3.5 times raised in only 5-10years, for human labours.

So in the Chinese logic, the reason I open a factory in china is to make money. Otherwise, why I open a factory!!

The lives in China is very, very, very tough now because of the sky high rising cost for basic need, food and house. That's why the Chinese people are greedy and cruel to people who buys items from them!!

If my words make sense to you. I'll write more for you guys.

Regards,
James

patricial69
11/8/16

I went through Alibaba to try to find some items. I only went to two websites on Alibaba who were supposed to be certified sellers. I got a response from a seller and over the next couple weeks negotiated a deal, then wired my money still thinking I was going through Alibaba. When I didn't get my merchandise contacted Alibaba for help .
I was told the merchant was not one of their certified Merchant. The problem is I didn't put my information out there for all the crooks in China to see.
So they had to get my information from Alibaba. They do not care anything about their customers they refused to help me in anyway. They told me I should have investigated the merchant better and used one that was one of their gold certified merchants. Which I assumed I was doing since they were the only ones I contacted for quotes. I think everything in China is a scam and these people are all criminals. You should never do business with anyone from China because if they steal your money you have nowhere to turn. I've tried the China police and they act like it is a big joke on Americans

husseinw
11/7/16

I AM NOW PROVING A SCAM FROM ONE THE ALIBABA SITES FAKEN GOLD MEMBER SELLERS BY EMAIL PHOTOS SEE THEM .
AND THIS IS HIS FAKE MERCHANT LINK

SORRY FOR MY BAD LANGUAGE AND THANKS

Tip for consumers: ALIBABA SITE MOST SELLERS Are A FRAUD AND SCAM AND I ADVISE YOU BUY FROM ANOTHER SITE FOR THE SAFTEY OF YOUR MONEY .

jaredg11
11/6/16

Only thing I would suggest is improving communication, some sellers don't reply. And if they aren't using their accounts anymore please delete them.

enigmae
11/3/16

Gold Supplier in Alibabaa Supplier Name: V.V. INDUSTRIES "in1011517167"
was answered by Alibaba website as a request to communicate with him by whatsapp to complete the order by +14194057868 After communicating with him and we deal on phone product after we agree to the price 592.69 $ USD I paid to him the money by Money gram to the below details :
Name: John Tailor
Address: Los Angeles
City: California
Zip Code: 9044
Country: United State

After payment i checked with him if he received or not , ho told me yes he received then ho told me will be shipping by DHL but when he provide me the link with number tracking it was for another company named Allshores Logistic services
he send to me the link for tracking my order through the below links & The Tracking No.1477806420
I following the path of my order finally today he contact with he told me your order hold you have to pay 250$ to the agent who will be cleared my order and he told me please pay to this information by MoneyGram to the below information
Name: Jhon K Peter
Address: 121 broad
City: Nairobi
State: Nairobi
Country: Kenya
he told me pay for this person after that he will release your order and delivery and he told me the money 90% refundable.
after that's when i checked the path of my tracking i find the items increase ipohne 7 5 pieces
when I ask him he told me there is mistake from our staff to change the invoice so when you received the which is extra phone return to us again or sell the iphone then send to me again the money

then i told him i will not pat any more as per the previous conversation he told me you will not pay any money extra only for shipping cost 40$ will be delivery door to door to my door home
finally he assist from me to pay 250$ as tax and insurance for that's agent to release my order

when i told him I will escalated to complain he told me go ahead and he have any option only pay 250$ as fee again scammer fraud

Already I opened Dispute ticket I am waiting from Alibaba clear my issues and how will protect me "buyer" Against scammers who call themselves Gold supplier

pp52
11/2/16

received fake, no service, no communication, money gone...

pennyg17
10/29/16

Alibaba introduced me to a chinese company (oriemac) that dealt with waste paper recycling for my business in Sydney NSW. Once the company sent me a shoddy replica in pieces unable to work, Alibaba decided that the seller was in the right. I have lost over $19500 and cannot do a thing about it. Trade assurance means nothing. Alibaba are responsible for my loss all the way to Jack Ma.

zinalv
10/29/16

Alibaba is fake they take your money but they did not provide any item they are fraud,, cheater ,,scammer...

ruso2
10/25/16

Hi I am willing to buy clothing from this company in Alibaba but I am scared to buy and get something cheap and nasty quality and losing my money. Anyone knows or ever had experience with them? please let me know

davida294
10/22/16

Bought some led lights for my jeep wrangler frOm GUANGZHOU LOYO ELECTRONIC FACTORY. Told me they had built in anti flicker. Installed the lights and sure enough they flicker. Won't refund or send new ones.what a bunch of scammed. Do not buy from

www.loyolight.com
www.loyolight.en.alibaba.com www.loyoled.en.alibaba.com

davidw393
10/21/16

rip off merchants are protected by alibaba, their complaints forms are in chinese english and they dont give a damn anyway not to buy from their merchants

pamelas105
10/19/16

I opened a business and ordered 5 shipments through this site. 4 out of the 5 shorted me products. The TT guarantee is a big joke. I have ordered 31 shipments from debate 2 have gone to dispute and settled in less than 5 days

hamoodr
10/19/16

I made order of full glass screen protectors 3d curved for iphone 6,6+,7,7+ and I agree with them to provide this type not the normal one and also we agreed to be with its packages. First, they said the order will reach to my country within the week and I contact them after week and I discovered that the order was not shipped yet and they try to give an excuse because of holiday. I received the order after 3 weeks!!!. And the order was not the requested one. It was the normal one which is half price of the requested one and they said they sent me the right order and I did not request for different one. they did not confess about their mistake and did not accept to return the order as well as the try to ignore the costumers when i contact them.

davidj221
10/19/16

I bought a pair of thermally insulated lined gloves; when they arrived I found they had no lining, making them useless. The seller offered to refund the money if I returned the gloves AT MY COST. I replied that as they had sent gloves that I had not ordered, it was them that should accept the postage cost, which they refused. The Alibaba disupte service decidedthat as the gloves "still had some value " , ( maybe to the seller, but not to me), I would receive a refund of 60%. So in effect, the seller always wins and the buyer always loses. The seller can ship anything he likes knowing that at worst he will get the item sent back at no cost to him.
I now know why there are so many warnings never to buy from sellers in China, and will not be buying from them again. I prefer to buy from a country like the UK which had genuine buyer protection laws. The UK works on a simple principle - you only pay if you receive what you ordered. I shall do my best to make my case known in Chile, where I live, so that others do not get caught .

teenat
10/18/16

well like the saying goes, if its sounds too good to be true...

I should of known when Alibaba offered trade assurance and protection- FREE with your order.

They will always side against the buyer :( and you will not get your deposit should you decide you do not want to continue business with scammers.

alinav6
10/17/16

That's what poor research gets you I believe.
You don't need to be a PC/internet savvy to have a quick google search about a company.
I don't mean to look down on those that have bought without doing research, especially "normal" buyers that buy 1-2-3 items worth "pennies". Live and learn and no major harm done financially.

But for re-sellers (and I have read plenty reviews that bought $$$$ worth of items) to buy without researching properly first? It's like asking for something bad to happen. Especially without having some extra protection behind your purchase (paypal, credit card, ets)
It's again a live and learn scenario, but a lot more bitter.

I, for one, was hugely inclined like many others here have, to go ahead with some purchases for my own business since some of the prices are simply amazing and allows a lot of margin.

Not saying everyone on AliBaba is a scammer and of course you can't satisfy everyone's needs (you will always get a "moaner" every now and then regardless of the business you are in), but if 9 out of 10 people complain then something is amiss.

After reading such a tremendous amount of bad reviews that even got me personally upset (though I am in no way or shape connected to any of the unlucky buyers), I am surprised at AliBaba's continuous "Couldn't be bothered" attitude.

Online is the best place for scams and heck, there are plenty of them. But for them to continuously being allowed to trade on the platform and AliBaba not putting higher security/protective measures in place is where the real scam lies.
Not the fact that there are scammers is a shame, but that AliBaba allows it to carry on.

It can be such an amazing platform if genuine sellers only would be allowed with good quality items for the trade to enjoy....Too bad AliBaba does not view it like that and they cannot understand how much more money they would actually make due to repeat custom.

Such seller activity would not be tolerated by other online platforms such as Ebay as an example. If one of my buyers would complain, I would be in the weeds! Not on Alibaba apparently....Sad, indeed, as huge potential is wasted to potentially fruitfully connect international markets.

As for my own experience, glad that I did some research before proceeding.
Found some interesting stuff, which albeit cheap looked alright (in pictures!), the total for 20 items would have been around $10.00, which I though would be worth risking to check the quality. I could afford to lose $10.00 if it was nasty, wasn't it? Not that huge of a risk.

Then the seller comes back saying that postage would be $200.00!!! Well, ain't that an amazing coincidence of making up some of the money back from selling the product so cheap? Of course, did not go ahead.

Sorry to hear about such huge amounts of misfortune, sorry to hear that AliBaba is not on the buyers side (like Ebay, Amazon, etc), especially since there are $$$ in the gamble not a few dollars only, but glad that I came here on time before going ahead on any purchase.

josephs189
10/16/16

I order a prepaid 3 phase KWhr meter from Huabang Electric Technology Ltd.represented by Jason Huang. I tested the meter on a test bench to check the meter before installing it to where I needed it. During my testing connected to 3 phase supply and fed the program card, the meter switched on, but the out coming of 1 phase,the first on the left was dead, where else the other 2 phase gave me good out coming voltage. I am a qualified engineer and know very well what I`m doing. I reported this situation to Jason Huang and his reply was that I was not operating and installing it well. He even demanded photos of the installation and I supplied, But also insisted that the meter was checked before delivery and I`m doing something wrong and even installing my professional. I even consulted a separate consultant engineer (where he totally agreed with my results) to try persuade Jason, but with no success. I even reported this case to Alibaba assurance policies, but again their bureaucracy leads me nowhere and it cost me twice as much the whole meter cost. The meter`s manual specify that the meter cannot be dismantled or open due guarantee. It seems guarantee never excite with Jason Huang for all the hassle he gave me. This also indicates that the product was never check before delivery.
Since Jason was arrogantly and not ready to solve the problem, I decided to open the meter and diagnose the fault. I found that the coil relay connected to the faulty phase was totally disconnected and even so the other 2 coil relays connection just put in position without soldered.
Although I solve the problem myself, I had also lot of problems programming the insert cards due old software, so I had to scrap the whole project.
SO THAT I DECLARE JASON HUANG OF HUANBANG ELECTRIC LTD. IS A BIG SCAM

Tip for consumers: Do not trust Jason Huang of Huanbang Electric Ltd at all cost.

sonian5
10/13/16

I decided to import a small amount of toys to try out the market. I have little money myself. Knowing Alibaba reputation, I searched carefully and looked into the sellers,found some were actually non-existent or impersonating genuine sellers whom I emailed and they knew nothing about the product I was looking for advertised in their name.
Then I found a genuine company that sold on a large scale,seemed professional,,they were responsive,kind,seemed to care. I paid for the toys and they arrived promptly but were delayed at the customs as there was no date,value etc on the dispatch form, something you do not expect from a professional company. It took me about 7 days and many phonecalls and emails to the company to rectify the problem and I got my toys. I then checked the box and the toys were fine,started selling them,it worked well,then as I edged towards the bottom half of the huge box,I realized that 50 packages of the toy were not the ones I bought but Eastern European,in their language, plain packaging and,practically,unsellable. They wanted to get rid of what they could not shift by hiding it underneath the genuine order yet including it in the number I paid for.
I contacted them and they said they would not send me 50 genuine samples or reimburse me for those,but they will "give me some discount when I order from them next time". Blackmail!
I have lots lots of money on the unsellable pieces and am stuck with them.

I tried to raise the issue with Alibaba,yet found it so complicated that it took me hours to find the way how to complain,then it would not accept any of my photo formats for evidence of conversation and invoice... I felt like crying. Finally,I somehow "escalated" the complaint,but within a couple of weeks they asked for all the evidence again in an automatically generated email.
I tried the messenger,it did not work,and I could never talk to or email anyone for help,I still cannot find that option at all.
I doubt it will ever come to anything and it seems to be con people or greedy companies know they can easily get away with anything they do,that Alibaba do not care and take advantage to the maximum.
It is like swimming in a sea full of sharks and I would strongly advise that people stay away from the website.

Tip for consumers: stay away!

notreleasingj
10/11/16

Do yourself a FAVOR and NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY anything you don't mind loosing your money for trying!!!!
Thought I bought a working watch - August 28th - didn't receive it by promised date - although they STATE if not Received by promised date money back... FINALLY got it after buyer protection ran out - from Turkey - Watch damaged severely wrote them - "They NOT understand" "?you no got watch ?? says delivered!!" BROKEN !!! "unusual - NOT understand" -- Make complaint - they send me e-mails you can't reply to - want video's - did that - "YOU STILL say you not get package ??" -- NO WATCH BROKEN -- now almost 2 months after DEMANDING a REFUND -- no give refund - send back on loose money... ??WHO PAYS THE POSTAGE ??? ME ?? why is this MY PROBLEM -- so.... like I say DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY UNLESS YOU WANT LOT'S OF FRUSTRATION AND LOOSE YOUR MONEY -- AND TRYING TO HAVE THEM UNDERSTAND ??!!! They play "NOT UNDERSTAND FRIEND"... Be ware - be wise...

133 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Alibaba staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question