Review of Alibaba.com

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

harmans5
4/21/17

I ordered kids lego but once they realized I am American customer, they didn't reply for my mail. Then I provided all evidences but they took care of their seller not buyer. This was incomplete set

eliyahun
4/21/17

The order I received was absolutely not as declared. The seller admitted to this fact. I approved pictures and videos proving the order is not as declared. However AliExpress (AliThief) closed both the dispute and the appeal as invalid. They absolutely do not care about customers evidences. Once you payed them - you will never see your money back even if you received absolutely NOT what you payed for.

fredj57
4/19/17

** BEWARE BEFORE YOU BUY FROM ASTOUCH **

* DONT BELIEVE TRACY * ** READ BELOW **

Before you even consider buying from Astouch http://www.astouchlcd.com/ and Tracy in particular, it is worth reading below.

I own a POS company in Australia. I contacted Astouch to supply touch screen monitors. This some of my experiences.

Around early March 2016 I negotiated to buy 55 units of touch monitor. On 7 March 2016 Tracy from Astouch confirmed in writing that it would take 1 week for production The production time is one week Tracy. I paid for the goods in full on 9 March 2016 including agreed freight charge from China to my office in Australia . The agreed freight charge was US$1250.00. Production took 4 weeks not 1 week as promised. Before they shipped the goods I get an email from Tracy demanding more money for freight, quote from her email, btw, I have some urgent needs to discuss with you, original we charge you 1250usd for DDU cost, but I was informed by our logistic that it's not enough, there are 400kg, and 3.5CBM,; if shipping by air, it would need 2700USD, 1 week arrived. if shipping by vessel, it would need 1575USD; 3 WEEKS arrived. Tracy 7 April 2016. After many protests from myself they agreed to send the goods without further charge. The units were OK but the screen printing they did with our logo on the front was very poor. Not one unit had it centered on the frame correctly.

On 2 March 2017 I agreed to buy another 50 units of the same type and specification. Many emails went between us so I could be assured that the previous issues would not happen again. Tracy assured me all would be fine. I was emailed an invoice for the goods. On this occasion I paid a 30% deposit and had agreed to pay the final payment prior to shipping. Payment was made 2 March 2017. Tracy emailed me immediately after receiving the payment confirmation to say that i will arrange the production today.

On 17 March I received the following email from Tracy I'm sorry to inform you that the POS monitor production has some problem, I just heard from our manager that the metal frame factory still not make the frame yet, and they ask MOQ 150PCS, cuz RS232 interface is very rare use, and we cannot make this qty; So i need to discuss with you whether you can place 150pcs at one time, or at least 100pcs at one time. Or you can use our another model with plasitc frame, enclosed is the design for your reference, this model we can delivery very quick, one week; So it took 15 days to realise that they could not supply me the order unless I ordered double or triple the quantity.

Of course they have my 30% deposit. I did not want to increase my order so I agreed to look at the plastic frame units instead of the metal frame. After many emails Tracy offered to send me two samples via DHL to Australia. I was happy to look at the samples but very very clearly stated that I was not going to pay for the samples or the freight. I gave Astouch 2 options. First option was to refund my deposit and the second option was that they could send the samples at their expense. My email read

I am interested in the new monitors. They seem good but I would need to test on our software. You have offered to send 1 unit of single side and another 1 unit of double side for us to test. Because it is not our fault they you can not supply the metal units we will not be paying for freight for these sample units. If you send the units it is at your cost. If you do send the units and we proceed I am happy to pay you the cost of the sample units but not the freight. We would then place an order for at least 50 units as an initial order like before.

Astouch decided to send the samples. After testing unfortunately there were software issues that could not be resolved. I then requested Astouch to refund my deposit. They agreed. I received the refund but it was US$1000.00 short. So after all their previously written agreements they deducted $US1000 to cover the cost of the samples and freight.

** BE VERY WARY OF DEALING WITH TRACY AND ASTOUCH. THEY WILL CONTINUALLY LIE AS CAN BE SEEN FROM ABOVE **

cherylr47
4/6/17

I am an Esthetician from California, and ordered a Hydra Facial Machine. It was delivered, but did not work. I was in contact with the Sales Representative, Yumi, She had me send a video so she could see the problem, and agreed that there was a malfunction. After sending the video, I never heard from her again, as a matter of fact, she deleted her email address so I was not able to contact her. This is a fraudulent site. DO NOT USE THIS SITE FOR ANY PRODUCTS. IT IS A SCAM!!!

sonnyb12
4/6/17

I totally enjoyed the experience truly and look forward to returning with my son for his helmet for fitting the service man and salesman both were in great spirits and were able to answer all my questions the only thing i fear is the work i need to do to purchase a bike for my girlfriend and myself now lol don't worry world ill figure it out unless you would like to make donations then hit me up at facebook sonny brown Toronto lol much appreciated haha

tzlazerl
4/4/17

Anything that comes from China is crap. Whatever it is, there is a good chance they stole it from somebody or bootleg it from another honest company. Just remember, if its made in China never trust it!!!!!!!!!

johnf313
3/27/17

We ordered 440 cartons of Engineer wood flooring from Fuzhou Joshua Building Material Trading Co. LTD via Alibaba.com We were told repeatedly by the supplier that the products were ALL shipped. Two months later, we finally receive the product - very late delivery - and found that 202 of cartons were missing! That is half of our order. When confronted the supplier claims that she did not have space to deliver all the products. But would not tell us why she did not inform us of this when she delivered AND actually LIED by telling us all products were shipped. They refuse to give refund and now is IGNORING ALL MESSAGES. ALIBABA continues to allow this company to sell on their site despite a formal complaint being put in. The vendor's Alibaba ID is cnjoshua the Alibaba Complaint Case ID: 2920751

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE THIS SITE! TOO MANY FRAUDS AND YOU WILL NEVER GET YOUR MONEY BACK IF ANYTHING GOES WRONG

shecop
3/27/17

Supplier shows fake pictures as a proof and now asking for the rest of the payment before shipping.
Every time asking why you are sending different pictures, they ignore to answer and send another set of photos and say: here's your products and they are ready to ship.
Amount paid %30 by visa via Alibaba payment
Now, we can't trust what they are doing, how could we get our refund.
Thanks

jyrkiv
3/22/17

Hi, I bought some LED product from aliexpress. With free shipping. However DHL did not give the parcel to me before I paid 24,80 exctra to them!!!! They call prepayment. Do I get discount -24,80 for ali payment now?

Tip for consumers: Do not believe free shipping by DHL!

yanivb1
3/19/17

i process a printer form your vendor "wer" for more then $7000 USA and she stop to print i ask for some one to fix that and no one contact me and alibaba.com dont contact me
also you need to check your supplier before the can sell on your bad i will never buy from your web anymore

richardc231
3/15/17

Recently i bought a PVC welding machine from Shenzhen Hipower Limited in Shenzhen , a company with impressive webpage. The machine arrived brand new but was not properly connected, need to hire an electrician to trouble shot it. It works for 2 minutes but the transformer soon got burning smoke, change the transformer and it start to short circuit. My electrician can not find the problem thus we complain to Guangzhou Area Expansion Industry Co, the agent of this product. The company is Alibaba 9th year gold supplier and always listed top on membrane ceiling section, we thus assume its a trusted company. Their advice to us was to engage another technician to trouble shoot the problem at our own cost. We thus know that machine was not test run prior shipment, complain to Alibaba as we bought through Ali assurance, was told it was not cover as it only cover before pre-shipment. How would you know the product quality before shipment, and the condition was not clearly stated on Ali assurance. Thus i have wasted USD 3000 on the machine not even work once on the list highly recommended by Alibaba, and the trade assurance is a farce. Now i can understand now why those guys would not bother about quality and products, because nothing will happen to them if they shipped $#*! products, they will be another fool coming on around the world as long as they pay Alibaba highest to keep their ranking high. Conclusion, not safe assurance from buying through Alibaba,no refund nor supports if anything goes wrong, you are at your own.

tarat22
3/14/17

Guangzhou City Jinxing Salon Furniture Co., Ltd.
This company is fraudulent and should be banned from this website
They took my money and did not deliver my product
Alibaba need to have better screening
I'm so upset

yc18
3/13/17

My account was cancelled after I opened disputes a few times when I didn't get the items! Unbelievable! So it is OK if I don't get the items and I am not supposed to complain about, otherwise they will close the account and end of business.

rhodio
3/12/17

I got more than 100 yard lace fabric from them it was good. I contacted sellers through watsapp and business went well.

badm
3/11/17

bought a camera slider from Shenzhen Dslrk Technology Co.,LTD. on alibaba.com.. placed order 28th of january,"because of the chinese new year holiday"my order was shipped on the 9th of february.tought,ok,should be fine.got tracking nr,was told it should be updated after 7-10 working days, there was nothing happening and I contacted seller why nothing is happening with the tracking he gave me another one-the first nr was not the tracking nr.got the parcel on the 20th of february.seemed to be fine,the dhl guy left.when I started to put it together I realised there are two wheels missing that hold the belt firm on the motor.I can not use the slider ever since.the seller gave me another tracking nr-he posted the missing part with china mail,tracking was showing movement till 27th of february,all the checkpoint in chinese.I tough it has left the country as after there was no activity,contacted royal mail UK with the tracking nr-they know nothing about the parcel and they asked me to get in touch with the seller and I am CURIOUSLY waiting..

brianh203
3/11/17

I ordered a Y1, 2009 Nissan Tiida ECU for which an image was displayed. The item I received is an ohm meter tester type device which is an entirely different from what I had ordered.
I sent an email to the company informing them that the item that I received is not the one I had ordered yet to date I have had no response. I am very dissatisfied with the outcome of my transaction and I am still awaiting some redress.
This is a poor way to go about doing business. I still have a car in the garage having waited over a month expecting that I had sourced the part needed to get it started only to discover at this point that I will have to start seeking that part all over again with uncertainty how to go about recovering my money.

jameso94
3/10/17

I bought game machine from a company from China and all the machine have broken down barely a month after receiving the machines....any customer service support for me as your client....I found the supplier on Alibaba...

brittanyd30
3/8/17

This company is a scam! To make a long story short. I was looking to purchase a few jackets. I was told I had to purchase 300 jackets to get a sample. What? After I explain I wasn't going to buy 300 jackets the lady told me I could purchase the sample for $135. I thought something was wrong with the price. I felt like I was getting scammed. While she was explaining the sample price she made a huge mistake. She told me I could get the sample refund after I buy 300 jackets for the total of $5,000+ because the jackets cost $17.2/each. I'm like what? I just told me the cost of a sample was $135. Dongguan rainbow touches garment co. ltd just tried to scam me! Do not Trust this company dongguan rainbow touches garment co. ltd

markg187
3/7/17

I was needing to buy a very hard to find part for my Toyota truck and Alibaba had it on their web site. I decided to take a chance and buy it. When the part came in, i I found that they send me a counterfeit part. It looked similar and you could tell that the part number was stamped into the part by someone after it was manufactured. They gave me my money back minus the shipping. I think they even knew they part was counterfeit because they told me I did not have to bother returning it.

dnyaneshwark
3/6/17

Just wanted to share with you all my recently experience with Ali Express.. Anything you are order form Ali Express is totally waste of money. They offering low rate and sending pure duplicate goods from China be aware.. I will suggest Amazon and Flip-cart, Snap-deal are better option for Indians.

tinukeo
3/6/17

I didn't plan to do this but I was pushed to do so. The website is https://lovelybaby.en.alibaba.com/

Lovely babies is the worst company you can deal with - Moon and Annie. Please run away from this company. Its been a nightmare dealing with this two.

We went through several rounds of rework because they do not know how to sew dresses (Adult and Kids) .Sizing was an issue for them so we wasted thousands of dollars.

We wasted so much money buying samples and still they couldn't replicate. You send them email and they do not respond for days. Text messages and no response.

My recommendation is to get them to sign agreement/contract otherwise you may not get your clothes once you pay them their money.

Once they collect money from you, you are in for I don't care attitude. We have gotten our lawyers involved as we speak because we have almost $16,000 in their hands as we speak

rudiev

I have bought a food truck from Zhengzhou Azeus Machinery co via Alibaba.com

WHAT A $#*!UP!!!!!! i should have seen the signs from the beginning but excitement blinded me. It's been 3 months since i received my faulty and crappy product and still no result from Alibaba.com. I have spent hours and hours sending pictures and jumping to their every request but i am being bullied and pushed around by them hoping i will give up and except the crap they are selling and feeding me. This is the biggest mistake of my life doing this online and using #Alibaba.com and #ZhengzhouAzeusMachineryco. These two are both useless and thieves.

semsio
3/5/17

I bought oven lost $6000 because of rubbish engineering. Every month, I must change the oven's motor.
I though I faced a bad company. Then, I bought trays. I ever ever ever have seen WORST than worst trays. They adverted trays are non-stick. Trays were the stickiest in the universe.

The comedy just started after I complained the company to Alibaba. They asked picture and evidence of trays. I sent them. They said we are giving you 48 hours you should have to send more pictures and evidence. I sent again. They asked me a more extending deadline. I sent not only more pictures but videos. They asked me more pictures. Can you imagine? they were asking a more and more pictures for a bloody tray. They would have been asking again again over a year if I didn't stop correspondence. I realise They are mafia. They do not want to solute my problem.

Tip for consumers: I DO NOT BUY ANYTHING from Alibaba. I strongly advise YOU DO same. You will pay double what you buy from Alibaba as I did.

mil2522
3/4/17

I have used serval sites under Alibaba Group for four years. It is like Amazon and eBay. Have good products also have bad products. Alibaba has good platform that I can find many things that USA doesn't have.

helenag4
2/27/17

Late last year we have approached a seller on Alibaba.com (greatbrother.en.alibaba.com) to inquire sampling and mass production for our business. We approached them because of their Gold Supplier medal advertised on Alibaba.com Long story short, we received the samples 3 weeks after the promised date and the quality was like it was made by a 8yrs old child for their craft workshop. We then made a complaint with Alibaba.com suggesting the seller is only trying to scam our one-off sampling payment and they never intended to work with us with the mass production, so we think we at least deserve a full refund. Alibaba customer service gave us this ridiculous reply saying the sampling stage is for us to review the quality and decide wether or not to go forward. They obviously did not look into our case, we spent 3 hours compiling all the evidence and conversation logs to prove them the seller has a serious issue of lack of response and the samples they delivered was beyond our imagination. We then suspect the Alibaba customer service was on the seller's side (of course they are) and our payment was made through Paypal.com Hence we ended up making a dispute on Paypal.com The seller responded lightly and it took him a week to reply a message. We ended up agreeing on Paypal resolution centre that he will refund us if we return the samples. Yet he gave us a very vague address without company name, building name and postcode (in China, they need postcode to identify districts and such.) We then asked for the address again (even ask them in Chinese). He did not reply as usual, until the case was about to be closed, he still hasn't respond to us. We called him and we successfully reached him, during our conversation. The only thing he said was we have refunded you then hung up. We believed him (how stupid of us) and we gave him a few days to arrange the refund. We emailed him, texted him, contacted him again on Alibaba, no reply. And by that time, our Paypal case has been closed due to the seller REFUSED our case. This is our experience working with seller on Alibaba.com. I am a Chinese national myself, and I am very disappointed with this multi billion company and their corruption within. Please DO NOT USE Alibaba.com to source, I am pretty sure there are good companies/factories out there on Alibaba.com and we had worked with one prior to this bad experience. We are a start-up company, working with that supplier made us delayed our launch for few months due to their non trustworthy behaviour. To avoid this happening to your new company (we understand money and time is very crucial for a start-up), please for god's sake DO NOT USE Alibaba.com

153 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Alibaba.com staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question