US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

helenag4
2/27/17

Late last year we have approached a seller on Alibaba.com (greatbrother.en.alibaba.com) to inquire sampling and mass production for our business. We approached them because of their Gold Supplier medal advertised on Alibaba.com Long story short, we received the samples 3 weeks after the promised date and the quality was like it was made by a 8yrs old child for their craft workshop. We then made a complaint with Alibaba.com suggesting the seller is only trying to scam our one-off sampling payment and they never intended to work with us with the mass production, so we think we at least deserve a full refund. Alibaba customer service gave us this ridiculous reply saying the sampling stage is for us to review the quality and decide wether or not to go forward. They obviously did not look into our case, we spent 3 hours compiling all the evidence and conversation logs to prove them the seller has a serious issue of lack of response and the samples they delivered was beyond our imagination. We then suspect the Alibaba customer service was on the seller's side (of course they are) and our payment was made through Paypal.com Hence we ended up making a dispute on Paypal.com The seller responded lightly and it took him a week to reply a message. We ended up agreeing on Paypal resolution centre that he will refund us if we return the samples. Yet he gave us a very vague address without company name, building name and postcode (in China, they need postcode to identify districts and such.) We then asked for the address again (even ask them in Chinese). He did not reply as usual, until the case was about to be closed, he still hasn't respond to us. We called him and we successfully reached him, during our conversation. The only thing he said was we have refunded you then hung up. We believed him (how stupid of us) and we gave him a few days to arrange the refund. We emailed him, texted him, contacted him again on Alibaba, no reply. And by that time, our Paypal case has been closed due to the seller REFUSED our case. This is our experience working with seller on Alibaba.com. I am a Chinese national myself, and I am very disappointed with this multi billion company and their corruption within. Please DO NOT USE Alibaba.com to source, I am pretty sure there are good companies/factories out there on Alibaba.com and we had worked with one prior to this bad experience. We are a start-up company, working with that supplier made us delayed our launch for few months due to their non trustworthy behaviour. To avoid this happening to your new company (we understand money and time is very crucial for a start-up), please for god's sake DO NOT USE Alibaba.com

tonic33
2/18/17

Aliexpress. This company claims that they will do returns if not happy with the product. Well, it's a lie. I have made several attempts to return my product. I found it very frustrating that when attempting to open a dispute, their system rejected every attempt to upload a jpeg photo. I was able to get a video uploaded, but was told "we do not accept pictures from other websites". I will never order from this company again. Hopefully this will help others that are thinking of using this company.

wilnae
2/14/17

I paid this company over a month ago for items they promised to deliver by the deadline date. First they missed my deadline, then there's no communication and now a month later still no products and they tell me they haven't traced the funds yet. Last week they told me they did find the funds and will refund me. I'm getting NO joy. DON'T USE this supplier. You'll be out of pocket and out of product.

andyv17
2/10/17

Alibaba / Aliexpress / Global source
Investigation 6 monts 4 investigators.
Supplier inspections.
# 58% of quotations do not respect the price of negotiations for the same quantity
# 71% Are companys trading
# 23% s products do not match the products ordered.
# 96% Born in compliance with the 1 year warranty they promise.
# 33% in case of frauds changes company name.
# 11% are actually verified when subscribing GOLD member
# 82% of the disputes are not resolved, lack of seriousness of the structure Alibaba
# 14% increase in scam over the last 6 months.
# 61% of products are of poor quality.

Alibaba / Aliexpress / Global source

Privacy policy not respected
When you make mass quotes your personal data first name / firstname address phone / email are disclosed to all members who paid a subscription on Alibaba / Aliexpress / Global source, you will notice when you request an RFQ the box to agree To share My business card is already checked in the form. While legally this box must be checked only by the buyer.
The system RFQ request strong quotation is a deception and exposes you to products of poor quality, scam and spam on a large scale.
Why?
Because when you do call the RFQ mass quotes. The application is sent to all suppliers, trading company, without any selection by contribution to the product request. That is to say that companys who have never sold this product will also receive your request and so you access your data: company name. First name, phone, email. This increases fraud and spam.

TRAD INSURANCE: trad insurance does not guarantee the buyer, the quality of the product, the accuracy of the products ordered by the buyer.

Deception in the details of Alibaba / Aliexpress / GlobalSource articles

Finally it is important to know that these websites the B2b and B2C traent. That is, you can negotiate prices, also note that 56% of sellers do not adhere to the price range for the same quantity.
For example, you see
US $ 2.99-9.99 / Piece
Minimum order 100pcs
When you enter into communication with the seller the prices are above the maximum promised.
This is a technique to attract you, but especially that indicates that this seller is not honest.
if the price quotation is over the price when applying for listing for the same minimum order do not do business with that seller who is not honest.

It is necessary to look at the descriptive of the articles sold more than
72% of the articles use false descriptive, for example TV LED and in reality it is of the LCD type. False images that are usually taken on branded brand products like Samsung LG etc.
Alibaba / Aliexpress / Global source accepts this deception; support indicated that it is to attract buyers.
So it's a total complicity with Alibaba / Aliexpress / Global source

ralphw31
2/10/17

I bought a touch screen in November and still haven't received it. In January they said I would get a refund. Mid February and still no product or money. Caution, don't buy from here. Allibabba.com are the same people as Alliexpress

lorinj
2/8/17

This company is a fraud. They entice you with low price. After you pay them, they say they have quoted you the wrong items. Then they increase the price for the so called right items. Then you got stuck. very rude people. Please stay away.

When you complain to Alibaba with dispute, they pretend they purposely ignored the proof you provided and judge in favor of the Chinese vendor.

Shame on you, Jack Ma!

marinam39
2/2/17

Got product (photo mats) from Yiwu Haotuo Arts & Crafts Co., Ltd.
that turned out to be very very poor quality (on their site it said hight quality) but couldn't even leave bad review!!! because already confirmed that I recieved the items. $400 in a trash. :(((( No reply from seller, no help from Alibaba "live chat".. 2 hours of chatting about nothing and $400 wasted...

marthah50
1/26/17

Not a good experience, I ordered seven products and only 4 arrived, I asked for refund, and never get any.

jakes83
1/22/17

Thomafas is a company from India that makes custom clothing.
Very quick to get your money but very slow to make the product.
After missing the deadlines I needed my product for I asked for a refund. They got all upset and refused to give a refund or send the clothing. Very rude company and dishonest. Never do business with Thomafas.

thierryc2
1/14/17

Now when you submit a complaint to Alibaba it seems that a robot named zoe respond to you.
Indeed just a week ago I submitted a complaint and in response I have receive standard sentence like you must show the 1st record communication with the supplier when I have provided ; communications, proforma invoice, proof of payment, link of this scammer registered in Alibaba as supplier represented by Mr xiaoyao WEI with a photo of a famous actor Jackie Chan instead his !?
Hereafter the story
Hi

I paid the deposit to Mr xiaoyao WEI (WU receipt at your disposal) in order to receive wall spikes (proforma invoice at your disposal) but today the seller did not ship the product ... no news
He is registered in your web site
In December 2016 he scammed me from Alibaba platform in name of the following company

today in January 2017 he moved to this company
Anping County Guan Ao Metal Wire Mesh Products Co., Ltd.
His contact details are:
Email: bobhopewei@outlook.com
Nickname: bob hope wei .
1>website:www.hengyouwiremesh.org .
2> skype:weixiaoyao69 .
3> cell phone:0086-18732893272(whatsapp ,wechat) .
4> Line id:metalwiremesh .
5> company name:an ping couty heng you wire mesh products co.,ltd .
Have a look to professional web site he show the photo of Jackie Chan instead of his !? How Alibaba can permit this

Tip for consumers: Stay away

georgeb180
1/13/17

Recently bought a xcmg wheel loader zl50gn from the companyEvangel Industrial (Shanghai) Co., Ltd. and they shipped me defective "lemon" product with a lot of issues including a faulty alternator, faulty air-condition,etc. This business does not stand by their 1 year warranty. Stay away from them

davidl379
1/4/17

how does Alibaba order protection services guarantee buyers from overseas?
why does alibaba have so much SCAMS?? http://andrewminalto.com/alibaba-scam-exposed/

mikeb331
1/2/17

I ordered a replacement front bumper for my Jeep, Grand Cherokee after someone reversed into it cracking it just prior to me selling it. Rather than paying for one from Jeep (very expensive) I found one on Alibaba. The seller and I agreed what year and model it was. I ordered it through Trade Assurance (thinking that gave me some protection) The bumper arrived in early November ages after we agreed. I had to pay important duty on top. When I opened the carton it was clearly the wrong one and it was only the top part (so half a bumper) and it was damaged and scuffed. In addition to all that it was poor quality. I contacted the supplier immediately. Didn't hear anything so I opened a dispute with Trade assurance. They told me to contact the supplier and didn't want to know. Eventually he agreed to send me a replacement, now 2 months later he tells me I have to send half of the shipping costs or ship the wrong one back. Either way leaving me at least a few hundred pounds out of pocket with no guarantee he will send me the right one, or bother to send it at all. Trade Assurance are a waste of time. This has been the most stressful transaction and the front end of my car is still a mess. I can't even sell the Jeep now as who would buy a car with a cracked misshapen bumper. This is a joke. Maybe the Chinese government should raid their offices and arrest them all for fraud.

christyb24
1/1/17

Billion Arts or HZ Billion Arts Company staff Ivy Zeng ( Xie Shi Hai) told me to send the money,once they received the money they said they didn't recieve the money as a hacker hacked and took the money....Really ??? If it was a hacker who could so easily break into a company email account why didn't the company take action to help the customer get the money. I requested the company several times to make a police complaint but they just wouldn't do it as they themselves stole my money which went into Xie Shi Hai bank Account. I complained to Alibaba they closed the case by saying its a hacker. I complained to several others including the owner Helen Huang who never replied to me. My money went into Xie Shi Hai account and no one can help me get it back, they are openly stealing and conducting fraudulent activity the company staff, owner and Alibaba a bunch of thieves and frauds.
Alibaba did nothing to get my money back.

benm111
12/27/16

I have recently purchased through Alibaba and have taken up the full trade assurance option. I have agreements signed by the supplier on required quality and specifications. The stock has arrived in a terrible condition and quality is very poor. Alibaba trade assurance team have not even viewed my stock and are taking sides with the supplier. I would recommend to find another option.

rayp43
12/24/16

Jaipuri Bandhej on Alibaba. Placed a couple of orders through them, 1st order seemed ok, but in the last order they forgot to add a shipment of expensive clothing. When I tried calling them umpteen times, they didn't respond for over a month!!! Then I got hold of another number, reached someone else at the wholesaler, he made the Sam promises and asked me to place more order so he can combine shipments, took months and still not finalized order, or sent my shipment or even have the courtesy to return the money for goods not delivered!!! Very flaky, and ridiculous service. NEVER BUY FROM THEM, u never know if you will get what u paid for!!

sherric17
12/20/16

Indian allied exports are a fraud. Shantam goel
Or genuineprez@gmail.com is fake. Stay away. Don't deliver goods

marcb63
12/19/16

Trade assurance and Gold Supplier rating is all a smoke screen. Nothing is checked or vetted. 99% of Garment companies merely steal images from fashion online retailers such as ASOS and pass the product off as their own. Pure fraud yet Alibaba provides the platform and by default endorses it. Unless you physically visit the company you wish to do business with you will be defrauded by product disclosure, payment requests into private HK bank accounts (illegal), and generally garbage communication. When notified of the fraudulent activity of vendors Alibaba does nothing. Do not use Guangzhou One and Only Clothing Company Ltd. They demand payment into owners personal HK account, the merchandisers are arrogant and under skilled with no knowledge of garments. Their website shows images from brands they do not produce for. This company is the worst I have worked with in 28 years of sourcing in China, yet supported by Alibaba. Do not use them.

lindaw218
12/19/16

I ordered a hot tub with TRADE assurance, you cant call this company, the trade assurance is a joke, THEY WILL NOT GET INVOLVED, THEY WILL NOT GET YOU A REFUND, YOU HAVE ONLY A FEW DAYS. I GOT A HOT TUB ORDERED IN AUGUST, WASNT DELIVERED UNTIL OCTOBER, SHIPPED BY BOAT, THE VENDOR PETER LEE, LIED MANY TIMES, LEFT INFORMATION OUT, CHARGED MORE THAN HE SAID, WHEN IT GOT HERE TO THE US NOBODY CAN OPPERATE IT, HE SAID YOU JUST PLUG IT IN, ELECTRICIAN HAS BEEN HERE WILL HAVE TO COME BACK.........ALIBABA WONT EVEN LET ME WARN OTHERS S.........ITS BEEN TOO LONG, WELL IT TOOK MONTHS TO GET HERE, AND YOU JUST DONT WANT TO OVER ANYTHING PERSONAL FROM THE SITE ESPECIALLY A LARGE ITEM SHIPPED BY BOAT.......DONT TRUST THESE PEOPLE, THEY DIDNT CARE ABOUT US, JUST THE LYING VENDer!!!!!!!!!

vinays4
12/7/16

It is my personal opinion that one should be very careful while buying through these DHGATE, Ali etc.... and order only small ticketed Items. The re-sellers are ruthless and illiterate, They have no concern for Customer Service and have not a clue as what it is???? So please be wise and in small ticketed Items, if you loose,though any loss is bad, you only loose a small amount. BE AVIARY..............Also last point, please do read reviews on this very informative site "SITEJABBER" Thank for for reading thdi, may save you money and hard earned as that!!!!!!.

janec102
12/2/16

Well, buy the cheap things only. This is a lottery, you never know if the item you purchased is going to reach you.

laurakelm
12/1/16

I purchased shipping insurance from Alibaba to cover the purchase I made from a company in China. The insurance gave me a piece of me me. It gave me confidence that my investment would be protected.

What a HORRIBLE experience. First my product was wrong. Their designer decided that his idea was better than what I ordered, so now the new equipment does not match existing equipment. Second, Fancy toys guaranteed delivery (insured by Alibaba) in 20 days. I received the equipment 45 days after my payment! Alibaba says tha Fancy Toys only estimated. Third, Fancy Toys told me that shipping by sea is far more cheeper than FedEx. Wha a lie! It was their American company that requested money from me in the tune of $$815!!!! My entire purchase was only $1170! What a rip off.

trevorm36
11/30/16

I placed an order with a company called VIETSTAR imports based in Vietnam (apparently). I have since found out they actually based in Egypt. Unfortunately I was scammed out of $475.00 as he says I need to pay another £200.00 if I want my goods released from the port. Please be careful as this company is a complete fraud!!!!!

shimas1
11/26/16

Don't trust them you'll never get your order

karolinag3
11/15/16

We had to pay 100 % in advance.
The boxes came broken, furnitures destroyed, quality nightmare, back wall - no paint!!
company offered sending a glue that we could fix it ourselves.
Had to make new ones, costs !? DOUBLE.
After two years I have finally the desks fixed.
It would be cheaper to buy designer furnitures from Europe.

140 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Alibaba.com staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question