Review of Doba.com

Doba.com reviews

Tel: 877.321.3622

kathrynj39
2/11/19

I have been with DOBA since March 2017. I keep giving them chances hoping it will get better. But no. It's hard to reach people and when you do you get little help. Yes, they have a LOT of products to choose from...but many are up charged a lot. You have to be careful what you buy. And the products from China don't always get to you or they are crap. It's very hard for the little guy to build a business from DOBA products. Don't fall prey to their "Get Rich Fast" stories. Every product they list is being sold by thousands of other people. Many of those items are sold by the manufactures from China who can sell them at way less than you and I can. eCommerce is BIG! But you need to find a very unique item. Best make it yourself or get into something new on the market before everyone else does.

Tip for consumers: Buy the item yourself first. Look it over. Use it. Rate it yourself. $5 items are worth five dollars. You get what you pay for. Tell customer it ships from China so it will take weeks. Read the shipping rules of EVERY supplier.

kevinh448
12/11/18

I just got off the phone with a woman who said she was a supervisor. One of the first questions she asked was how much money I had. I told her at a stretch I could get $300. So she explained their services and said her supervisor authorized her to sell me 6 months of the second tier down for how much? $300. Wow what a coincidence! I told her I wasn't going to spend every cent I had on it and she tried to talk me into going into debt! If I said I had $700 she would have said it cost $700. I should have told her I had $8.32. haha

cesserj
11/29/18

They charged me with unauthorized charges and would not refund me after making my account go negative do not use.

justinm231
10/1/18

Got a charge on our credit card for this business we've never even heard of. They told us the account had a phone number that wasn't ours, and a Japanese email address. Pretty obvious fraud, yet they refuse to credit us back and close the account. Knew they were shady when their phone number on the credit card statement was disconnected. Will have to dispute with the credit card company. SHADY COMPANY, and on the side (or working with) thieves!

tayaa
8/22/18

subscribed to a trial free version two months ago, tried to find a product but there was nothing to get a site very heavy, and a month later I was removed from my account for an account, wrote in support of my money back, but a month later my account was withdrawn again and said that there is no return in their politics! I do not recommend contacting this scammers

marieu6
8/3/18

Horrible I have looked and looked can't find product to sell where I can make a profit. I maybe a beginner but I know how to count. I can't find product to make more than a dollar or two that is not a business!

sallya60
8/1/18

I signed up to sell products dropship with doba and struggled with the setup, finally I got a representative who helped me set it up but then I had to redo each item because the 25% markup wasnt enough to cover all the fees I ended up in the negative. So I lowered the markup to the lowest 15% markup and still have negative profits, then on top of the loss I was already taking I got billed by eBay for around $75 for seller fees. So I spent over $200 on doba, $75 to Ebay, around $40 for dropship items for customers and profits were around $30, so in the end I paid $285 for hassle upon hassle, including a customer who never received an item. This was intended to be side income I desperately needed as a single mother and instead put me further in the hole. Doba should be shut down, I'm disgusted by the lack of transparency and integrity. Anyone want to start a class act law suit against them, I'm all for it!!

janc162
7/6/18

I signed up for free trial placed an order same day through one of the suppliers to have shipped to my daughter for test purposes before listing products on eBay or my website, never received the product. Purchased another month membership with DOBA still no order received. Cancelled my membership to get customer service response back from DOBA they keep harassing and telling me I did not order anything from their suppliers, thankfully I paid for my order through PayPal to get my money back. Now I went directly to the supplier website outside of DOBA, placed same order and received my items within 7 business days. So if you place order through third party website that claiming to be direct source, you gonna get ripped off.

joseg190
6/5/18

Be aware of this people they will steal from who ever is around. The Better Business Board should do something. Also FTA will be advice of their malpractices. A bunch of crooks.

belindan7
5/16/18

I authorized doba to process 3 payment of $500 for 3 months.Once they receive my first payment of $500. dollars everything when down hill. Their customer service sucks and they never call you back or respond to your emails so I decided not to place the funds in my account so they would call me. Since Doba was not able to process the $500.00 they decided to take matters in their own hands and charge my account 5 times with multiple transactions illegally with out my consent just to get the money throwing my account on negative $675.00 which includes the $500. plus $165.00 in overdraft fees. Once they got my money I never heard from them again. I have try calling and sending them emails and no respond.
I have proof of the transactions and the emails. I file a complaint with consumer financial protection bureau and will be filing another one with the state Attorney and better business bureau. I will be posting them on Rip off Alert and even going to the extreme of making a you tube video making everyone aware on how they are scamming people and giving them false promises. please do your research before signing up cause I will promise you, you will not be happy. if someone post a positive review believe it's bull$#*!. They have people in their company posting a positive review after you post a bad one.

robs198
4/25/18

Horrible. Don't use DOBA if you want to run a legitimate business. There suppliers are extremely unreliable and will give your business a bad name. I have had to wait weeks for items to ship and you can imagine what my customers say. DOBA's only response is sorry. They look down their Google+ page because they were getting so many bad reviews. This company is garbage.

laurenr77
3/27/18

I wanted to start my business and found so many good reviews about doba. How is that possible. There is no trial and they plans to charge 70 dollars after one month.

salh19
Sal H.
3/10/18

Do not sign up for this site, you will regret it. Stole 100 bucks off me and have nof replyied to any econtact

juliam94
11/1/17

Doba is a complete scam. 1. I signed up for the service and after the sales representative took the payment, service went downhill from there. Their customer service line would state "you have reached doba, no representatives are available, please leave a message.... the mailbox is full goodbye". This happened all 3 business days since I signed up. If you have a company, please answer the phone. I also sent messages via their online chat. Again no response. Not even a phone call back to me. Sent emails, no replies.
2. The prices for products within the sales call were much less than what is actually listed as the price online. There is not enough of a wholesale discount through this site to make any margin on the products.
3. I've requested to cancel the service and that the company refunds my payment to me (all within the first 3 business days of sign up. ) Still no progress. Not even an apology for not answering their phones, online chats, or emails.

I do not recommend that anyone use this organization. It is a complete waste of time and money to even try to work with these scammers.Hopefully, I can get my money back. It's been a battle with them.

coreyt10
10/20/17

I signed up for there 3 say trail and 2 days later I was charged 50 dollars. I sold one of there PlayStation 2 on eBay abs ended up having to pay over 100 just to mail it to the customer. So vocally they got a free item from me. I also had to pay eBay seller fee. So drop shipping is a total waste of your time and money. Ur better joint commision junction a d becoming an affialte marketer that is true drop shipping and I will not have do any of the coding or making of links for your website or blog. If your on a budget u should stay away from Doba and amazon.. I have bought numerous items from Amazon a d eBay in the past but Dona is the worst. I'm surprised they still have a website after all these years. U think these other big companies would of shut them down by now

markc304
8/4/17

I'm one of their suppliers and I'm here to tell you, doba has absolutely zero quality control on both sides of the equation. Even for we suppliers, their customer service is horrible. They misrepresent everything to get you in the door while not letting you see what's on the site to confirm what they're saying about their careful selection process and "guaranteed" wholesale pricing. We went in with true wholesale pricing after three weeks of negotiation with the business folks under our belts feeling like we were really thoroughly screened and all the others suppliers must have been too and were following the same rules. Now nobody can find us among all the supplier listings that are just reselling other people's products and priced higher than Amazon. Given the steep order processing time and shipping charges most of them offer, as a real wholesaler I can absolutely assure you most of these other suppliers are not wholesalers. They'd go out of business if they were. They're just aggregating other product feeds with the same retail mark up you expect to charge as a retailer. Four months later it's been a total waste of time. And if you think you feel snookered, as a supplier they charge literally thousands of dollars now just for setup, then they stop returning your calls and emails. In the end, it's all about the set up fee and monthly fee for them. Save both and find a place that does not have 170+ formal BBB complaints against them.

lylet5
8/3/17

I have tested over 500 doba products and all are listed on ebay cheaper than doba states is the wholesale price. Dont join this site. you can get the products cheaper just by searching on google

davids719
3/22/17

I just did an extensive review of over 100 products listed at "wholesale" prices on Doba. These were all available for less - in some cases over 300% less - on Google. This is NOT wholesale. So...if you want an ecommerce business that is in no way competitive, by all means go with Doba.

jimh152
9/10/16

Why should it take over 3 business days for an in stock item to be processed for shipping!! My Amazon metrics are going to the dogs!!!!!

mr728
9/5/16

DO NOT FILL THEIR APPLICATION!
DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR CC DETAILS.
IT IS NOT A FREE TRIAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO ONE WILL ANSWER YOUR CALLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM

josepha67
6/27/16

Beginners who dont know how to find a supplier for eBay, and dont know which products they should sell online. eBay "Power Sellers" dirty trick to increase traffic and boost eBay sales and Profit. Check it out

Tip for consumers: http://www.passivecents.in

edwardv15
11/19/15

I'm just starting out in my online business and did I get tricked you bet you.I did.
There claims of having the best online wholesale price is false,up sell you after sign up .oh yes they do with phone sale to the tune of almost 500.00 USD. Oh yes don't forget your buyers remorse they tell you they will refund you your money,haven't seen my refund back to my credit card yet!! In all stay away from this company.Don't believe all there reviews that are written by there paid employees. Customer service is rude when you do inquirer about the return of YOUR money.

greekg
11/16/15

August was the start of our troubles with this Doba scam and they seem to scam the masses and try to make people feel stupid. As a retailer my business partner and I were searching for different products to sell on our website. We contacted the company and asked all the right questions and got all the right answers. We were actually excited to hear that we could get a full refund if not satisfied. They would not let us review the products online until we paid the subscription fee's of a lifetime membership of $1000.00 and we went ahead and felt comfortable in doing after speaking with a customer rep. and the gentleman insisted the prices were very competitive and it was a click of the button to upload onto my ebay or amazon site and Bonus he stated in most cases they are better than other drop shippers. I am by no means savoy in anyway when it comes to uploading or downloading products but I am not without computer skills. This Doba upload to your excel spread sheet then change emails for pay-pal in your excel spread sheet then download to your web site then wait for days to only find out that your missing tons of information you need from Doba and not get an email from Doba of the information you need is ridiculous. Thinking about becoming a Doba drop shipper, here is my warning to you. The name brand high quality products of Doba are sold for the exact same prices online retail. The difference is in Doba you pay extra for the retail products because you pay shipping and handling. So after 3 months of not being able to find 1 product competitive on Doba, plus not able to get one item moved over to any of our websites we decided to called to cancel tonight. The girl representative said she couldn't refund our money because we only had 3 days for a right to rescind. Now if someone had disclosed that with us in the beginning we would have never bought into this and would have known then that it was a scam. If you would like to be part of putting this company out of business and would like to gather up people that have fell into this same trap please contact me and we can get a class action law suit against them and get our money back and put them out of business where they belong.

js174
11/10/15

The DOBA system simply does not work. No margins and inventory issues. Support is a joke.

Don't waste your time or money

st10748
11/5/15

This has been a terrible experience! Every problem I had took forever to get a response IF they even responded at all!! I had placed several support chats or support emails that they NEVER responded to. I looked at my listed support tickets and they closed them without any interaction with me or one which should still be open now they closed (they took my $ and still not showed item as paid) three separate time I have had to open PayPal disputes with them. This is one of the worst companies I have ever dealt with.
Many of their products are very cheap but they charge outrageous prices, they say they don't take a cut of each item they sell but I don't believe it because the cost is so high on some items you could walk into a store and buy them off the shelf for the same $ or cheaper!
Their partnering Web company Hooley, is sneaky, liers, sales reps don't anwer return calls after you give them your CC#. AWFUL, run the other way, find any other dropship companies

The number of DOBA is 1-877-321-3622. Live phone support with a customer service representative is available Monday through Friday 7:00 am - 6:00 pm, Mountain Time.

By Kathryn J.
Questions? Get answers from past Doba.com customers.

Doba.com?