WPMU DEV

WPMU DEV has a consumer rating of 4.8 stars from 224 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. WPMU DEV also ranks 1st among Script sites.

• While their product is great, their customer service and community attention is even better.
  • Most of their plugins are incredible but the best of the experience so far is the support team.

• Zero notifications of trial period ending, so no courtesy.
How would you rate WPMU DEV?

“I've used this service for several years now”

T W.
12/25/19

This service is great! I started using this service as soon as it was developed. I haven't been as keen on maintaining my website when Gutenberg first came on the scene, but I've revved back up and have been blessed to still have WPMUDEV holding down the fort in the background. The customer support has been awesome. They are always proficient at responding back when there's an issue, and they 're always keeping me apprised of how to resolve any scenario, even if it's not their issue.

“DO NOT HOST with them if you don't want a catastrophic loss of money and business!!!”

Gabor L.
1/26/20

Guys, be aware this company might delete your hosted sites in any minute. This just happened to me - they just deleted one of my sites hosted at them, a site under active development, without any warning and without any reason to do so. And while technically you can get the site back, you won't have a backup with the latest code status before the deletion. Effin ridiculous bunch of amateurs, a potential catastrophy for everyone hosting at/with them.

customer service (15) support team (16) customer support (6) wordpress plugins (7) great support (9) smush pro (5) patrick cohen (4) support staff (5) aditya shah (4) chat support (4) trial period (3) katya tsihotska (4)
tw570
December 25th, 2019
frankej
January 16th, 2020
I received great service from Paul, once again you saved me a lot of time and hassle.Thanks so much! :) I would highly recommend this service to small business owners.
patp19
January 3rd, 2015
gaborl4
January 26th, 2020

rasmusb2
May 5th, 2020
I am very satisfied with the support given. Always helpful and very quick to come up with a solution that works.
dereks67
December 25th, 2017
WPMU DEV are thieves. Google around, you will find very many reports from real people (unlike the sock puppet accounts which praise them). Recently exposed for stealing the money of a company supporting a children's hospital. Avoid
zanen
August 17th, 2015
Plugins need lots of support, users get banned on a whim of staff. Huge nag screens all over your dashboard.

Tip for consumers: over 1000 multisite products and plugins available nowdays the need for forced subscriptions that lots of users are later banned for is no longer relevant. Check their forum to see the endless support to get their plugins to work. Note their own site doesnt even use what they offer but more reliable itesm

davidi184
February 17th, 2020
Every time there when you need an help, and always help you find the solution !!!! Great job ! Thanks
delberty3
February 14th, 2020
Aditya has helped me several times. He's very patient and explains well what I need to know. He recently helped me setup the DNS to point my site to WPMU. Aditya Shah is very knowledgeable and wants to help.
playt2
February 2nd, 2020
Thank you Aditya Shah for the great help you are very professional it was great your great help, as they are always the best, a great support team.
dorothyd1
June 3rd, 2019
This company is terrible with customer service. I run 2 small websites as a volunteer. We have no staff. DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THE "FREE" TRIAL.

It cost me $350 because this company refuses to send out notifications that the free trial is ending. I never used their products. I checked their stuff out -- and that was it. You must have paid staff who will read all the fine print. Or mark your calendar.

The worst is the way customer support responds. They "gave" me an extra 6 months free! I wasn't using their product anyway. Giving me more of nothing was a low blow. Customer support also said that my credit score might be lowered if I pursue a fraud complaint with my credit card company.

These are unhealthy people. Very risky. Very unpleasant.

I don't have a proof of purchase. I do have the monthly withdrawal info on my credit card statements. I'll take a pic of one of them and attach here if I can edit this after submitting.

Tip for consumers: Do not get the free trial.

robinb349
July 29th, 2019
WPMU support is the best. Very knowledgeable, professional and very easy to work with. They have helped me on numerous occasions.
marcb204
May 18th, 2019
I signed up for a free trial of their their premium service and as soon as I installed their plugins I had a conflict and the site crashed. I tried to find a phone number to call on the site. No phone support. Chat support was unable to fix the issue. I paid to have a developer fix it. As this happened during the trial and I uninstalled all services and I spoke to the company about this, I assumed the free trial was cancelled. The next month I was noticed I was billed but, they reversed it right away so I thought it was an error on their part that they quickly corrected. I didn't notice that they billed again a couple day later. The following month they billed me again. I noticed and checked back and found the charge from the previous month. I tried to find a billing phone number on the site but, again only chat. They confirmed that they noticed that I have never used the service but refused to give me a full refund. They offered me free services which they knew were not compatible with my site and a month of refund. I felt they should have never billed very unfortunate.
sl465
December 19th, 2017
Zero notifications of trial period ending, so no courtesy. HUGE monthly payment not worth services rendered. No invoices or receipts sent upon payment. They basically hope you will forget you signed up for a trial so they can charge you until you notice. They will not send you anything to indicate that you are being billed monthly and they will NOT refund you, but will send you oodles of sales emails. Lockin artists with sub par plugins and services. Most of them had script conflicts with my existing basic setup. Nag screens constantly. Stay away.. no run away..

Tip for consumers: Don't give them your CC# unless you are good at remembering and create a reminder for yourself to cancel at the end of trial or you will be charged a hefty monthly fee because they will NOT remind you...

tonyr252
July 25th, 2019
I have WPMU DEV Pro, and I will likely use them for as long as I build and maintain websites.
I have the dashboard installed in approximately 75-80 sites across two separate accounts (one personal and one business).
I love their plugins, their blog posts, and their support. This is a great suite that I personally love.
There are a few people at work who claim some other options are better, but it's really hard for me to see their point. Their discretion is the only reason why we don't have hundreds of sites with WPMU DEV yet - but we're getting there ;)
nialll4
October 6th, 2018
Just wish I had come by this solution years ago! One of the truly must haves services! Free trial is a great idea and doesn't take long to work out that you should invest, as soon as you load the first site to the dashboard you see the power of what they can do.
angelas105
March 5th, 2018
Even apart from all of their great plugins and themes, the team at WPMU Dev are the most helpful and supportive bunch I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with. Time and again they have gone above and beyond, even writing snippets of code for me when I've had an issue with someone else's plugin or theme! I know you can download their stuff from other sites, but the reason I stay with them is for the outstanding Wordpress support that I've never been able to find anywhere else. Well worth every penny!
johnh2304
September 5th, 2019
Support Agent, Katya Tsihotska, did an excellent job helping me through some sticking issues. I could not access my site after it was migrated. She found the culprit and got me back in the game! So grateful!
larryp241
July 21st, 2019
It turned out to be more than I needed. I had trouble uninstalling, deactivating or deleting the program I installed. Will say that the support I received was absolutely stellar! Over and above....patient....and finally got the issue cleared up! Most excellent.

I'll consider them again in the future when I'm more experienced just because of the quality of the support!
adrianc108
June 8th, 2019
This a most professional organisation. The experts really are! They're knowledgeable, as you would expect, patient and very helpful. They sorted a complex issue with Gutenberg for me. And I am delighted.
beaue4
July 30th, 2019
WPMU is the best... super knowledgeable, fast, friendly and professional. They have really helped me out of a few jams. It's like having a WordPress mentor.
crackalackinw
July 11th, 2019
Katya was so, so helpful. Could not have done enough to assist me with my issue. Can't recommend WPMUDEV highly enough for their products and support.
giorgiob20
July 5th, 2019
Sometimes their plugins conflict with my favourite builder, but they are very good overall. What they shine on, though, it's their support. I can't live without wpmudev anymore. They are quick to solve any potential issue, especially if you use their plugins (obviously).

They got a lot better as well when it comes to waiting times.

Patrick Cohen is a team member I had the luck to encounter multiple times. He's extremely knowledgable and funny.

I contacted support more than 30 times, and I had just 1 meh experience (not bad, but he wasn't exactly energetic).

Amazing.
waynew52
July 13th, 2017
I had terrible interaction with Ken K. He was rude, condesending and had no respect for the business of support.
maggymm
July 3rd, 2019
Fast and competent. Very helpful and polite team. I am only on the trial period but consider prolonging.

They are a perfect companion to help you with many aspects related to running WordPress sites & portals. Their support is excellent for "basic" issues you may have regarding design or standard-functionalities. You get the most out of a membership if you run multiple WordPress-sites. If you only run a single site with a rather advanced feature like a dating site, this membership might be a bit overkill, because you will need the skills of an experienced developer or support of the premium plugins that you will need to setup a dating-site with WordPress. You should try to setup your dating-site and configure and modify as much as possible, then go for a trial membership (they offer 14 days afaik) and prepare to report as many issues as possible in advance.

By Sushi L.
See more answers (2)

Hey Allen! Our products should work with any plugin or theme that follows the WordPress coding standards. For obvious reasons, we cannot guarantee a 100% compatibility with every product available in the market, but what we do guarantee is that if you ever experience any issues/conflicts with the page builder that you're using and our software, our support team will be right by your side to assist. If you have any additional questions, feel free to email us at contact@wpmudev.org or use our contact form here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/ Have a great day.

By Timothy B.,

Hey Errold, Please send all your questions to contact@wpmudev.org and our staff will gladly look into them. Have a wonderful day!

By Timothy B.,

Hey! Please take a look at our Forminator here https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/forminator-pro/. Let us know if you have any additional questions and you can always contact us at contact@wpmudev.org

By Timothy B.,

They have more of plugins that would speed up and optimize your website/theme. I think you're looking for more of a WordPress theme/script in order to have an online marketplace. The WPMU DEV plugins will definitely help our your marketplace when it's in production, I know they helped with my eCommerce site :)

By Tommy C.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the WPMU DEV staff and other customers.

Gear up with powerful WordPress plugins, easy drag and drop theme editing and 24/7 expert WordPress support.

We pride ourselves on our level of customer support and responsiveness to member requests. Your WordPress experience will never be the same.

timothyb38
Timothy B.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about WPMU DEV?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

4.8
Have a question about WPMU DEV?