Review of Adobe

support@essaythinker.com
2018 Customer choice award

georgc2
7/9/19

I am using adobe indesign to format a book, and as a novice indesign user, I have had to reach out to adobe for support at least three times. EVERY TIME has been a COMPLETE and TOTAL nightmare. Super long wait times, only customer service from India, which would be fine IF THEY UNDERSTOOD ANYTHING I was saying. Seriously had to re-explain myself about a thousand times, and one rep only sent me a link to a support page which I had READ and did not answer my question, and then proceeded to answer an entirely unrelated question. Once I shared my screen with a rep who refused to listen to what I was saying and completely destroyed my document, doing all kinds of crazy things that were completely unrelated to my issue and got angry when I used my mouse to message him and ask him to stop, trying to re-explain my issue AGAIN. I feel like I am the most patient person in the world, but my experiences with Adobe have been laughably horrendous. I would understand if it were a cheap product, but considering I am paying A LOT of money for this program, you would think they would use that money to pay a little more for a native English speaker. Technology is way too complicated without having to worry about being lost in translation...oh and I scheduled two phone calls, one which came the NEXT DAY and another that came before the scheduled time. Both left messages with such thick accents that neither I nor my husband could understand them (and both of us speak multiple languages and have a lot of experience understanding non-native English speakers). TERRIBLE experience.

matejam
7/2/19

I upgraded my plan today, my credit card was charged and then I was told that I need to wait for 24 hours for them to 'review' my order. That alone raised a red flag and then I get an email telling me that my order was canceled even though my card has been charged. I tried to resolve this with their customer support. The representatives in the chat option have issues with functional literacy and kept transferring me from one person to another. I demanded to speak with the supervisor after this happened for the fourth time and have now been waiting for over half an hour to speak with this person. So lose all hope you who enter the hellhole of paid plans.

kw191
6/17/19

If you are considering purchasing an Adobe product, DON'T! They're practices are are shady to say the least. Call center in India, adds charges for products you didn't sign up for, and outrageous hidden cancellation fees. Sure what they do is "legal", but their lack of transparency illustrates DECEPTION. You've been WARNED.

junej26
5/23/19

Check your privacy, I never opted in for sharing my data for Machine Learning analysis (which is far worse than normal as it's probably collects all your data on the internet and then 'profile' you).
Subscription plan - unethical and sketchy.
Customer support - Indians that can only copy/paste after spending 10 minutes of researching Adobe website for correct info.

jeffb615
5/15/19

The Adobe Cloud Subscription service is very expensive when you lease all their software that you have to pay an expensive monthly subscription fee. Plus their tech support is horrible. I finally found a better way to go with Adobe CS6 Master Collection. I got it from the below for a one time low price and they give great 24 hour tech support in English. See below.

If you want to avoid paying a monthly Subscription fee for Photoshop and other Adobe software see below. You can get all the best Adobe software now at a much reduced cost in the Adobe CS6 Master Collection for just $151.00. It downloads directly from Adobe and there is not any Monthly Adobe Cloud subscription fee. It comes with all Popular Adobe software like Adobe Photoshop CS6 Extended; InDesign CS6; Illustrator CS6; After Effects CS6; Acrobat Pro; Dreamweaver CS6; Premier CS6; InCopy CS6 plus more, and as a Bonus lots of great Photoshop Plugins to make using Photoshop easier and much better. See it here.

thordurs
3/14/19

Felt like I was talking to computer bots in Swahili. Nobody knew anything and clueless to the point it was actually funny

josephb416
11/24/18

It is impossible to cancel one of their payment accounts. Website searches result in a run-around. Even if I need their capabilities in the future I will seek out a different company to work with. The only way I could stop their automatic payments was to cancel the credit card.

christiann32
11/22/18

I've tried quite a few image editing softwares and Photoshop is still in the lead. Other programs try to imitate it while maintaining some uniqueness but then it just turns out as a poor copy with different keybindings so its barely a good alternative either. This could be applied to other Adobe products too, they're dominating the creative industry right now.

sebasteing
10/31/18

Adobe is the most comprehensive suite of products in the market. The vast range of software have totally changed the way people perceive different ideas.

avikap
10/4/18

there is no email support functionality. finding a suitable support function is time consuming. the product itself is not great, no user friendly!! i would not recommend it to anyone! Locks clients into 12 month contracts - probably because they do not want clients to cancel once they realise how $#*! it is.

willr59
10/3/18

Hi, I simply wanted to share that on Sunday I purchased the wrong Lightroom service. I am sure many (from what I have encountered) have went to renew/purchase LR and did NOT get the classic version. I did such, and couldn't navigate on my own how to manage my service to get regular CC to CC Classic... long story short, on a Sunday I winged it for my first ever time on 'Chat for Assistance' and within 5 minutes I actually was able to get everything swapped over. its been 3 days and I already have my $9.99 reimbursement for LR CC.

Its tough in this day and age on a weekday to get good help, I just really wanted to share my experience.

davida728
6/26/18

I spent years working on a website that within months disappeared because they decided it wasn't worth it for them. They decided they weren't going to host the websites and oh by the way, we aren't going to even allow you to use this product that built them anymore and oh, by the way, you won't have access to any of the information on your websites once they are closed down. It was such a waste of 3 years of work. Trust me, they will wipe out your entire website with no way of transferring it and it will not even phase them. I will never buy or use another adobe product. They are the epitome of corporate greed.

michaels1280
5/16/18

I needed Adobe Acrobat for a specific editing project and then wanted to cancel the monthly subscription. Ha! Try to find a way to cancel or suspend a subscription on their website, like you can do on NetFlix and other sites--it doesn't exist. Impossible to speak or text or email with anyone from this company, and their customer support consists of clueless folks in India who can't actually help you. I've dealt with a number of software companies, Apple has the best customer service, and so far Adobe is far and away the worst. Will be looking for alternatives next time.

philipg50
4/24/18

Having dealt with Adobe Support over the last two weeks, I honestly feel like I've been trolled by chatbots.
When they 'escalate' issues, you have to pretty much repeat everything you've said. Clearly they don't bother reading information on your case from other operatives (i'm not talking about waiting a few minutes - even when I check after several days this still happens).
If they offer, make sure that you can speak to the senior operative directly - if you simply let them take a few days to handle it themselves, what they'll actually do is close the case without fixing it.
At the end of two weeks (and two escalations of our issue which were then closed), they finally offered a refund and... that's it. We got an apology, but no other incentive to even stay on their platform.
So, Adobe doesn't care about actually fixing your problems, their customer service reps do not communicate properly, and in the end they don't care when they make mistakes.
Yes this is a rambling and angry review - but the only good thing I can say about Adobe Support at this point is that at least they have manners.

cookiem2
2/27/18

Rememebr when you could buy software and own it? Now you get to licence it for a modest monthly fee. Great for them, not so much for you. On the bright side, the monthly fee isn't too high. Well, comparatively, depending on your income and where you live!

marianner9
2/26/18

Their AE is now packed with lots of features that made lives of video editors like me easier. Purchasing Adobe products from their site is easy, and their customer service is very helpful when answering my questions.

joshb138
2/5/18

I'm not going to go into the detail of my situation because I'm beyond frustrated at the moment but this company is a complete joke when it comes to customer service. They might as well just have an automatic response that makes you wait 3 hours and then tell you to go f*** yourself. Great product, $#*!ty customer service.

danaf25
1/8/18

I had written a one star review a few days ago because I had to wait for over an hour and a half to get customer chat support to help with the fact that the application hadn't loaded. That is true and the one star for that still goes, but, to be fair, I'd also like to report that the 7-day free trial cancellation process was fast and straightforward. The customer support was also very good, once the person finally came on line.

magnuse2
11/14/17

I have had an extreme journey with this company and I have never and I mean NEVER been through something like this in my whole life. If you plan to use another software, do it, the service you get from Adobe if things doesn't work or if you have any questions is extremely extremely super bad. I cant find words to explain how bad Adobe treats you if you have any issues, I been dealing with them forever now and they just don't care to solve my issues and instead I end up with new problems and at the moment I cant use any of the programs at all. Worst ever, and it's not just something that I just say. It is the worst in my whole long life.

robins249
11/7/17

I love adobe, it's a really good brand. I love that they don't only make for like editing videos, they make editing for picture (Photoshop) and editing for video (Premire). It's pretty good that they have a free trail for like a month or so!

adamy12
11/6/17

My review was late, but they use to be great in the past until they wanted more money out of a consumer's wallet. Give big thanks to alternative software that don't do this cr@p.

Basically on May 5, 2013 Adobe decided to make their software only available as "software as a service" rather than selling it as a product from a store. This means you don't actually own it, but renting it. The only good thing I can say about this is that it cost $10 at the cheapest, but as everyone knows, monthly payments will eventually be more expensive than just what you're buying if they were to allow it.

Imagine if you can only rent laptop and not buy it, that would be terrible.

lewisp25
10/8/17

I got to know adobe products when I was a kid and since then most of those are still somehow affecting my everyday life, getting better and allowing to learn more and more.

daves266
9/15/17

i am happy to use this i really enjoyed and i wish them very big success started using Adobe software in 1987 and it`s i think best professional software available on the market

lindak146
7/31/17

Their stuff works 100% of time. Tons of tutorial online - best professional software available on the market

kimberlyb92
4/20/17

I will tell you the short version of my experience. I CANCELLED my account and they assured me that everything was fine, but instead they RENEWED my membership and charged me 2x more of the normal amount that I was paying. So I called again. The agent chat service? HAHA good luck! If you want to sit for 2 hours being transferred 8 times to different agents who aren't even on the same page! and YES I was transferred 8 times to 8 different people. One agents talking about a duplicate account, one was just repeating what you just said, One just talked about offers! I mean likeeeee I am PISSED! I don't want your stupid offers.!! JUST GIVE ME BACK MY MONEY! The product itself I do not mind it work well for my projects but just be ready when you want to cancel or are having problems because you will want to write a letter to CEO of this company by the end of that chat. Best of LUCK :)

40 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the Adobe staff and other customers.

Adobe?