Review of WigsWay.co.uk

WigsWay.co.uk reviews

Room B, 8th Floor, Golden Bear Industrial Centre (Tsuen Wan West), Chai Wan Kok Street, Tsuen Wan
Hong Kong
Tel: 1465487415

doloresf2
9/9/16

These sites are hair raising! (excuse the pun). They laugh all the way to the bank. Wig buyers need to savvy up and educate themselves more when it comes to legalities of a contract. It is not that hard. Once you familiarize yourself about Contracts and what to look out for, you should not be so easily misled or victimized. You must get yourself a Paypal Account. They will step in on your behalf to resolve a problem) If you are legally in the right and the Wig Site is not coming to the party, threaten them with contacting Paypal legal and you will see a different attitude. LASTLY I SAY TO THESE SITES, DON'T P*** ON MY BACK & TELL ME IT'S RAINING!

krisb43
5/30/16

Paid over 250 for a real human hair wig and got a synthetic mess that is not what I ordered.......can't get anyone to respond to my emails, can't get a phone number and it says you can chat with someone live, but you cannot. This is a scam!!!!! 5 days now trying to get someone to contact me and says you MAY get a full refund! I have ordered wigs form many sites, this one was the only one that will not respond and provide no service and no contact info. Would not order from here again.

sn179
5/4/16

customer service sucks ordered real hair wig they sent me something else not sure what it is said they will work with you then keep stringing you along with emails then finnally never answer you

cathym63
3/10/16

I received wig today which I ordered 2months ago. It is huge!!! Not the style or colour I ordered and totally inappropriate for a 66 year old. I have emailed them for an address to return the wig and I'm hoping for a full refund. It looks more like a wig you would see in a pantomime. I am disappointed and upset.

richardy15
2/15/16

I have this wig in four colours, they all look lovely and very natural. I can wear these for months on a daily basis and they still look great :) I only ever order from Wigsway as I have been very happy with all my purchases.

nerissam1
2/1/16

Love this wig. Hard to find one that looks natural. I thought the back was thin too but it looks great and I can pull some of my hair thru the webbing if I choose. I get many compliments on my hair. I will be ordering many more in different colors.

bettyd29
1/29/16

I just love the wig I am ordering my third one today. I have 15 wigs and this one is by far my favorite. . All you have to do is turn it upside down and shake it and all the wave and curls are perfect again. love the cut and it is so real looking.

wendyi6
1/28/16

I ordered a wig for my mum , going by the photograph it was a perfect style and colour !
When it arrived it was nothing like what I had ordered .. At first they said I could return it for a refund then the e- mails started and went on and on .they had no intention of refunding the full amount !
Just £12 !!
Not a good company .

samn38
1/27/16

I purchased this wig in color 14H, and it is by far the best wig I have ever gotten in my entire life! The wig is comfortable, looks completely natural, and my own hair color blends perfectly. I've received so many compliments in the last 24 hours, it's very refreshing! The wig was a little shiny at first, but I used a little dry shampoo and that did the trick to matte it down. I was afraid of going with blonde because I usually have very dark hair, but it looks great!

patriciad67
1/20/16

Thus site is absolute crap you cannot get your money back when the wig us nit fit for purpose

angelinac3
1/18/16

First of all the wig took nearly 2 months to arrive. When it finally did I was astonished at the terrible quality of the wig. The haircut was similar to a hedgehog, there were more grey hairs in the wig than I have myself and the sides were so high you could see my existing hair which obviously did not match. This business is a sham and I can see why it has so bad reviews on this sites. If only I had checked here first I would have avoided this mess. When I asked for a return they were not interested in offering one and only offering a discount on the next purchase. Why would I purchase this rubbish again? At £70 this is the biggest waste of money ever.

Tip for consumers: Do not use this site for wigs

valerieg18
1/17/16

The wig I received after waiting 4 weeks was nothing like their picture or description, it is very poor quality, bad fit and looks more like a fancy dress wig. I have been trying to get a refund ever since, I have sent pictures to Lucy who appears to be Wigsway support she admitted it was not the same wig ordered. She makes ridiculous suggestions like giving the wig to a friend for a gift!! I have been offered £10,£15,£20 and now £25, I paid £70. I have reported this Co to Watchdog, Trading Standards and Rip Off. I thought I was dealing with a UK.co but they are operating from China, what a con!

evelinv
1/12/16

This was my third wig purchased while I'm recovering from breast cancer and is my favorite by far. It is my first wigsway wig and I love it. The wig looks so natural and youthful. My wig looks just like the photo on the website.

julieb120
1/10/16

Terrible service - I wish had read these reviews before buying - took 6 weeks for the wig when they arrived they were defected and I'm having no join like everyone else getting a refund - Lucy seems to offer everyone the same £25-£35 ridiculous when you've soencer over £200 !!! Has anyone else managed to get their money back ?

andrear53
12/28/15

It's very comfortable and light...the most realistic wig right out of the box. There are just a few issues for me with the fit that make it not quite right...such as the cap needs to be just about a 1/4" longer in the ear tabs...the hair there is very thin which makes it look realistic but it's not covering my own sideburns which are short and blunt...I cannot hide them! The temple area is also off just a bit - because the thinness of the hair isn't hiding the cap enough. On the other hand the style and thinness makes the wig more realistic and comfortable. You just have to try it to see if it works for your head and hairline.

jenniferw121
12/25/15

Rubbish quality wigs. Don't ever order from this company. You will lose your money.

gailw28
12/21/15

I, too, wish I had read the reviews before spending £131 on a wig from this company. I have been trying to return but Lucy keeps emailing me offering me £10, £25 but no return address. The wig has no shape or style and the colour is incorrect. I thought I was purchasing from a UK company - these people should be struck off. I am now issuing a complaint to paypal in the hope they can help. Please do not buy from Wigsway.

wendya25
12/18/15

Well worth the wait and cost. Out of the box, I loved the color but was a little afraid of the style not being right. But, it looks very much like the photo with a few shakes and finger styling. I wanted pretty, sophisticated, professional and youthful without trying too hard. Got it! The color consultant was very helpful. I can even wear my glasses without pinching or looking matronly! I love this very natural looking style and the color is great. My own hair wouldn't look nearly as nice and polished as this for more than a few hours, if that long. You get what you pay for. I will be back for more styles.

tracyb74
12/17/15

Wish I had read reviews about Wigsway before I purchased! I assumed it was a UK site which it was not. The wig took about 6 wigs to arrive, and when it did it was shocking! Didn`t look anything like the picture, it had big bald areas and was made of 2 different types of hair which were different in texture and colour. I`ve had better quality wigs from a fancy dress shop, its so bad it will have to go in the bin.
After contacting them I realised I would not get a refund and was offered £10 towards another wig! NO THANKS!

felicitasc
12/11/15

On October 6, 2015, I returned a defective X'mas light which I purchased from LAZADA.. On October 10, 2015, I received a SMS informing me that the refund had been initiated. After almost a month of waiting, I emailed them to ask for the status of the refund. Same day I received email from their Customer Service informing me that said refund was sent to LBC on October 10 but no reference number to claim the refund was given. I sent a followup email on October 24 to ask for the reference no. needed to claim it. and same date I received it. I went to LBC & I was able claim it.

On Nov. 6, 2015, I returned again a pair of earrings because it does not conform with my order. Same problem happened & they sent me the reference number to claim it but unfortunately I was not able to get my refund because according to LBC said ref. no. was already cancelled.. For three consecutive dates (Nov.. 24, 25 & 27) I sent them a followup email but I did not received any reply from them. I decided to sent a folllowup email from the Customer Help but to my dismay, they informed that they have a policy that after a second refund I could not collect it to LBC but in the form of bank deposit. On the list of accredited bank where they can deposit it I had no deposit account with them. Of the P263.03 refund, I will not deposit on their accredited bank. My observation, their Payment and their Remittance Department have no coordination on who will inform the client on said refunds. As this happened to me twice there is a possibility that other clients had the same problem. My question is where do the cancelled cash refund go.. I am a Certified Public Accountant and have encountered so many transaction like these. Pababayaan ko na yong maliit kong refund. What I am after is the principle only

di ko na hahabulin

julieb103
12/11/15

The wig I bought was not the same as the picture and not the same as the description. They have apologized for this and have said they are using a new base and trying to improve their wigs.I cant use the wig as i integrate my own hair. They have offered less than half my money back, I am now fighting to get my money back. They are at fault for false advertising. Reading the reviews I wish Id know about this hopeless company. I will make it my aim to let other wig wears know through social media and hair loss sites about this SCAM of a site.
Cant believe they admit they are in the wrong however wont give a full refund. I will be seeking other advice to put a stop to this happening to others.

tammym43
12/9/15

Ordered a wig. Wrong wig arrived. Noticed it had a delivery label under mine for someone else. Contacted customer service who would not help at all. Luckily found the owner of the wig on Fb and have posted it to her. Thankfully she had ny wig. Shocking customer service. No offer of help in any way. I even sent pics as they asked me to!!! Would not order off them again. :(

lucindar4
12/2/15

I searched for a UK wig company and I believed I was buying from a UK company as their website is a .co.uk .

It arrived with a sender address in the UK.

It looked nothing like the image on the website, the colour, the texture and the styling. Complete Trash. I would not have bought this wig if I had seen a true image of it.

I am having problems getting a refund from PayPal as the Return address they want me to send it back to is in CHINA and it must be tracked. My total spend was £79 the cost to send it back will be about £50.

Wigsway offered a series of refunds starting at £10 and said keep the wig, would not supply a return address until pushed by PayPal. The refunds offered via email and not through paypal went up to £35 without having to send back the wig.

nikkim12
11/24/15

My msg to this dispicable company.....This is the messagei sent this god awful company!........sorry to those who have been completely ripped off......This has to be a joke. So after waiting 1 month apx to get my so called human hair wig to be made I get sent a wig that must have cost about 5 pounds to make. I payed almost 100 for it. IT'S NOT HUMAN HAIR, you have lied and taken my money and sent me a wig that is not the same as the one I had ordered it's not the same colour or stay. It's shiny ....thus means it's not human hair I do hair extensions for a living, I know the difference trust me. You art even in the UK! I've read all the reviews online his company is a scam and this is fraud. Ou may think you can just ignore my message like you have to hundreds others, but if I don't get a refund I will take all the appropriate steps to ensure that this diabolical company can no longer distribute its products. I shall notify PayPal too. I want my money back and when it is back in my bank you can have this dreadful wig back. I will not be leaving feedback nor will recommend this company to anyone. Mos of your costomers have alapesha or have lost their hair due to cancer treatment! You should be ashamed exploiting people who are already facing hardships it's utterly disgusting.

sarahs199
11/10/15

Avoid at all costs! They don't look like the pictures on the website and they are huge! Brought 2 wigs for my mum who has just lost her hair to chemo. They come 4 weeks later and it was a very much a w.t.f moment when looking at them for the 1st time... shiney and plastic looking one of them was frizzy and short and come over her ears it was that huge! Totaly vile! Anyway.... We emailed them and a lady called lucy with terrible English has been emailing us back for the last 2 weeks refusing to give there post address to send them back! Very unprofessional replies... trying to make my mum feel bad for sending them back!? Saying they will refund her 35 pounds and she can keep the wigs my mum has explained the wigs are too big for her head and look vile! Lucy then went on to send replies with "please think about it, it will cost you more money to ship them back, we are a small company and we will loose money on this" it's going to cost 18 pounds to send to honkong tracked and signed for.... They talk complete rubbish! My mum's now been on the phone to paypal and they are now investigating them! 201 pounds she spent on the wigs and a offer of 35 pounds! What a joke! Please don't buy from thesearch criminals ! Wish I'd seen these reviews before letting my mum purchase them!

I spent almost two months trying to get my refund from this company. Eventually I did. As far as I understand the law or England and Wales where this company say they are based, there has to be something like "misrepresentation " of the product for you to ask for a refund. I would wait and see if "What you ordered is what they deliver." if it is not, colourwise, materialwise etc....you are covered. This company need to be shut down.... They are scammers. I still want to go on LBC radio and tell everyone NOT to deal with them.

By Cynthia G.

I had lots of trouble with them,but Paypal were brilliant. They got all my money back

By liz p.

I agree with Fallon- the wig you receive will be nothing like the one on the website. You will most likely not be offered a refund and they will wear you down in 'customer services'. My advice is, if you paid by credit card is to raise a dispute with them- and the Credit Card provider will take over the stress for you. Good luck! Sharon

By Sharon B.

My complaint is for Wigsbuy they sent me the wrong color small instead of average not the style of hair do, they told me I could not send it back they told me to try to sell it to someone and they sent me back $25.00 and keep the wig I paid $173.00 this company is from China, I wish I could of gotten some info.before buying. The worse part of this is they are still showing wigs so that they can ripe of American. Hear me out get the hell out of our country sell them to your dirty people. Thank you for stealing my money you pigs.

By Carmen S.

They don't have a phone number.

By Stacie U.
Questions? Get answers from the WigsWay.co.uk staff and other customers.

3 Photos for WigsWay.co.uk