Review of WigsWay.co.uk

WigsWay.co.uk reviews

Room B, 8th Floor, Golden Bear Industrial Centre (Tsuen Wan West), Chai Wan Kok Street, Tsuen Wan
Hong Kong
Tel: 1465487415

cathyj10
4/17/15
Please do not order from these crooks!!!!! My wig looked like something cousin it would wear, it was beyond horrible!!! I filed a claim through PayPal and they were going to make them refund my money all I had to do was ship it to CHINA and send a tracking number. I did everything and sent it through the United states post office. Wigsway said it was an invalid tracking number and Pay Pal closed the case without a refund. They are CROOKS!!!! Please don't waist your money!! Cathy J
carolynef
4/16/15
Please do not buy from this company. I do alot of Internet shopping and have never experienced such awful customer service and terrible product.Like others have said this is NOT a UK website and the wig comes from China. When the wig arrived it was nothing like the picture, the hair was coming away from the wig, the colour was yellow and it looked awful. It cost me £72 and all I was offered was firstly £20 and then £25. I was told this wig was especially made for me and they had made no profit. I had payed by paypal who were fantastic, I took up a dispute with them and they have refunded the whole £72 within 3 weeks. I lost count of the amount of emails I sent to customer services asking them to give me a return address( which they will not give you) Firstly they couldnt find my order number even though I gave it in my email, then they wanted to know what website I ordered from, and lastly they said they didnt have my email address, which they obviously did as they were emailing me. They ask for photos, which I refused to send as they shouldnt need photos of something they had made. If you do decide to still buy from Wigsway, then do it by Paypal, as they will take up a dispute.
marianneg3
4/12/15
This is my 2nd post as after several emails to Wgsway (who by the way are NOT in the UK as suggested by their email co.uk address but in Asia) I was offered a £10 refund. The wig I received is a hideous ginger shade not dark blonde as displayed on their page and looks like a wig. Stay away from these people and deal only with UK based sites.
rutht11
4/7/15
I recommend that you do not buy from this vendor. Spent 200.00 and they were willing to return 25.00 product is not quality, wrong color, ordered one synthetic and one human and received both synthetic , color was way off. Save your money! They are very dishonest about returns!
jeanp26
4/6/15
It looks like a natural part on top. The only downside is that it doesn't last long. A bit too much hair but very very pretty. It is very natural looking. For this much money and the fact that I take good care of it I would think it would last a year. But I probably will buy this again just shell out the extra money to buy more often.
jasminej13
4/6/15
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. My wig arrived but wasn't suitable at colour or style. I have been refused a refund as i was told it was 'made especially for me and can't be resold'. As if!!! Avoid these scammers at all cost. Jasmine
natashat2
3/31/15
I PURCHASED A WIG FROM WIGSWAY AND WHEN IT ARRIVED, OMG, NOT WHAT I WAS EXPECTING. THEY SAID 100% HUMAN HAIR BUT HIS WAS DEFINITELY SYNTHETIC. I EMAILED ASKING TO RETURN AND GET A REFUND BUT THIS WAS AN EXCRUCIATING EXPERIENCE FOR ME. THEY REFUSED TO SUUPLY RETURN ADDRESS AND INSISTED THAT I KEEP THE WIG. I REFUSED AND THEN THEY OFFERED A £20 REFUND WHICH I STILL DECLINED. THEY THEN CHOSE TO IGNORE MY EMAILS AND I GOT IN TOUCH WITH PAYPAL WHO DEALT WITH MY COMPLAINT EFFICIENTLY AND PROMPTLY. WITHIN 48 HOURS I HAD A SATISFACTORY RESPONSE FROM PAYPAL AND I GOT MY FULL REFUND THROUGH PAYPAL. THESE PEOPLE SHOULD BE STOPPED FROM OPERATING AS THEY ARE A SCAM. PLEASE, PLEASE, NEVER PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THEM.
lyndsays2
3/14/15
Scam, fraudelent, rude.......... I ordered two short wigs, ( currently having chemo ). Dreadful service prior to receiving them.
One was so huge you could fit two heads in, ( slight exaggeration ). I was told to sew it up !!!!! Even with tapes adjusted at maximum, the front covered my ears and was also bunched up at the back, very uncomfortable.
The second was so badly made, with chunks of hair at different lengths, impossible to style. It looked like a prop from Planet of the Apes !!!!!!!
Needless to say the emails are going back and forth, with no satisfaction and increasing frustration. Have now emailed Paypal.
Please everyone save yourself a whole lot of misery, look here first. This is the second time I have been scammed by on line businesses, I will look here first in future
jessee13
3/13/15
I am very happy with wigsway wig. My stylist trimmed it a bit and it looks very much like my hair. I have gotten compliments on my hair and just smile inside!
shaza3
3/6/15
DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THESE WASTE OF SPACES. THEY ARE MAKING A FORTUNE RIPPING OFF HARD WORKING PEOPLE. YOU DO NOT GET WHAT YOU HAD PAID FOR, AND YOU WILL BE ABSOLUTELY HORRIFIED WHEN YOU SEE WHAT ARRIVES IN THE BOX. PAYPAL SHOULD DO SOMETHING ABOUT STOPPING THESE FRAUDSTERS FROM TAKING MONEY FROM INNOCENT PEOPLE .
lizp19
2/28/15
I don't normally write reviews but I have to warn everyone about this site,i ordered two wigs from these (Chinese people ) it was my first ever wig as I have been told I have alopecia which was terrible.Any way I was so looking forward to the wigs arriving,one came on 16 feb this year and I took it from the box and was horrified ,it looks like nothing I have ever seen,i ordered a short curly wig and there is not a curl in it and looks like the rats have chewed it .IT doesn't even look finished.i would not wear it if it was free it cost £115.00 and and it looks of course nothing like the lovely picture. I took pictures that minute and emailed them. Now its 28 feb and I had to get pa\ypal involved to get my money back I am still waiting for refund and have cancelled the other but have not had that refund either .ongoing . Just had message from Paypal who have said I will get refund But to send it back to china at my cost which could be £25.00.Do not use this site it needs to be stopped. People are being ripped off .Hi again,JUst received my refund for both wigs but only because paypal got it for me.Paypal was great,thank god I used paypal,they have been brilliant got all money back..... Be wary. Ps everyone .there is a great wig co called Natural Image ,you can order the Wigs and they are all lovely,i have bought two from them and returned a few with no Problems at all,they have lots of clearance wigs at very good prices.I also bought a lovely Wig from QVC and you get refund with no problems for any returns.

Tip for consumers: please let everyone know about these people

danagns
2/28/15
I recently purchased this wig and it is my favorite. I love the cut and how the shorter hair frames my face. It's easy to style and is so natural looking. I always receive compliments whenever I wear it.
terryr31
2/28/15
this is a gorgeous wig had a lot of compliments; great color and not to long. Really looks natural. I found this wig to have issues with the following, it maybe only me but I have purchased 4 so far and its pretty consistent; size (avg.) larger than other average size, and the cap front by ear way too bulky really needs to be reduced makes the sides stick out-use hair pins to keep them down which can be uncomfortable sometimes. . Purchased 4 and will buy again.
christinep22
2/26/15
PLEASE LADIES AND GENTS PLEASE DONT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY THEY ARE NOT IN THE UK BUT IN CHINA. PLEASE USE WIGS SITES THAT DISPLAY THEIR PHONE NUMBERS POSTAL ADDRESS AND POST CODE.I PAYED BUY PAYPAL THEY ARE DEALING WITH THIS COMPANY NOW I PAYED FOR 2 WIGS GOT ONLY ONE AND YOU WILL NOT GET THE ONE YOU HAVE CHOSEN BECAUSE THE PICTURES ON THIS SITE ARE FROM OTHER WIG COMPANYS PLEASE BE WARNED.

Tip for consumers: DONT BUY FROM THIS SITE

michellep43
2/25/15
2 wigs ordered, 1 arrived of such poor quality-it was not the style/ name/ brand I have had before. Asked for return address and also not to bother to send other one. Was told will need to get hairdresser to cut to style. NEVER, I've been wearing wigs for 30years and only ever needed a long fringe cut.
NO REFUND, money back through PAYPAL
Oh and was told a fee would need to be paid since 2nd one no longer wanted
edithp8
2/9/15
This is the second time to buy wig from wigsway. The first time I am so satisfied, the color and style are the same as the picture. And I like it very much. So I buy again, but this time I am a little disappointed. The color is not I expect. So I contact the custom service and tell them my situation. They are so kind, they accept my return requirement. Now for a long time they receive my return wig and refund me full money. I think I will buy again from wigsway.
sufea
1/27/15
Just received this today and fell in love. Health-wise this past year was rough and it took it's toll on my hair. Putting this wig on helped tremendously. Try it...you will love it too!
jillianj2
1/23/15
Don't order any wigs from this company , they sent me a wig that was faulty, it was the wrong colour and also was straight when I ordered a wavy curly wig ,they ignored what I told them ,and we're only worried about what it cost them ,I don't know how they are still in business,with there attitude,
peggyp12
1/13/15
Although the wig is very pretty, the color I chose had too much shine--in my opinion--to look natural on me. Otherwise, it is a very nice wig. I am exchanging it for another wig (a little longer) in a different color. I love that wigsway lets you exchange for another product with no hassle! I will be a customer for life!
lucyh9
1/10/15
BE WARNED!! This company is NOT a uk company despite it's .co.uk name. They are based in China and their products are not of good quality. I ordered a wig, thinking I was ordering from uk company. They state that SOME of their wigs are custom made but when you place your order ther is no mention of whether the product is in stock or will have to be custom made. The wig took 3 weeks to come - too late for me - and when it arrived it was not the right style. the company bounce emails back and forth quibbling about returns, offering partial refunds and other tactics but never to just accept a return and give a refund. If you want a nice wig do not order from these people.
serenaj
1/10/15
I bought wigs from wigsway. And I got a very nice wig the fit is great and I can style it in many styles without any product other than a light mist of spray in the front. I have a small head so I am not sure most of the time if the wigs I order will fit well but I have a way of working it out. The wig could have a little more hair on top I like my hair to have a lush look but this worked for me also . I did have to trim the bang slightly in fact I feathered them a bit they look great.I got the color silver stone it is just a beautiful color.
sundyr
1/7/15
I ordered a long human hair wig on wigsway.co.uk . It is a little bit expensive, but it's worth it. It touches comfortable and the color looks so charming. To my surprise, the delivery is so fast. That is my happy shopping experience online.the customer service was good ,They are allways so patient with me...
sumod
12/30/14
My Dad ordered a wig that cost £107 - not to be sniffed at! The wig that arrived looked nothing like the picture, fitted really badly and to boot was the wrong colour. I wrote to request a refund and was sent on a merry-go-round of excuses and reasons why I had to "forgive" the company for their mistakes. I persisted in asking for a refund and they offered me £15 saying that I should 'try to see their point of view' and 'understand' that they would make a loss on the wig which cost them £79.... Also a big fuss about return postage costing £35 which is more like £12. Lies, lies, lies!

In the end I threatened legal action and managed to squeeze £45 out of them by quoting online buyer protection rights (see Moneysaving Expert). This took a week and around 7 emails which got stronger and stronger in tone. Each of their replies was a copy of the previous email offering a slightly higher refund: £15, then £20, then £25, then £30 - you get the picture. What a waste of time and money.

The rep who was called Devin really couldn't care less about customer services or making anyone happy apart from himself and his pocket. By the end of the transaction I wanted to knock his lying, cheating block clean off his shoulders (whilst asking him to 'please understand') because my poor Dad who is a pensioner and by no means wealthy, spent a small fortune on something he will probably never wear and cannot exchange. I wish I had pressed for the full amount. Think he would have caved in eventually with my threats....but I got really tired of all the too-ing and fro-ing. Never again! I can console myself with the fact that I will make sure everyone knows that this company is cheating, unprofessional and completely dishonourable who in the end will probably be put out of business by a very pissed off bald person who's principles are greater than their need for a crap hairpiece.

p.s. check out the email that they sent - it was the same in every reply...Anyone else seen this before?

Thanks for your kindly reply.
We are sorry for your dissatisfactory.
As you know,we are a custom made wig store.
To be honest ,this wig costs are 79 pounds ,we also have lost our money in this order.
Now ,we do not want to make money from you ,we just want to get your satisfactory.
Please understand us ,we also have lost our money in this order.
We do not suggest you to return it to our China factory.
You know the shipping costs are very high by personal delivery,it may be 35 pounds or so.
And the parcel may be lost in the busy transportation because of the Christmas.
It will also take both of us long time to wait .
If we cannot receive the product ,the money cannot be refunded to your account.
We try our best to refund you ** pounds, we just want to satisfy you.

We wish you could understand us .
We really want to try our best to satisfy you, we do really consider in your shoes.
Please consider about that.
Wating for your kindly reply.

Best Regards
Devin
terryt31
12/25/14
This was my first time purchasing a wig online, and I have to say, I was really nervous about it at first. I have a pixie cut that I adore, but some days I wish I had long hair, so I decided to take a chance with this one.
With how low the price is, I wasn't expecting much. I figured it would be hit or miss- either the quality would either be great, or awful. Fortunately, it turned out to be great! It looks like real hair, and the color was true to the picture. It tangles a bit easily, but with some simple care, you should be able to manage it with ease.
judithm13
12/23/14
It worked for what we needed. I didn't want to spend a lot of money for my son's costume. It definitely looks like a wig for a costume. You will not fool anyone into thinking this is real hair. I was happy for the what I got for the money spent.

I spent almost two months trying to get my refund from this company. Eventually I did. As far as I understand the law or England and Wales where this company say they are based, there has to be something like "misrepresentation " of the product for you to ask for a refund. I would wait and see if "What you ordered is what they deliver." if it is not, colourwise, materialwise etc....you are covered. This company need to be shut down.... They are scammers. I still want to go on LBC radio and tell everyone NOT to deal with them.

By Cynthia G.

I had lots of trouble with them,but Paypal were brilliant. They got all my money back

By liz p.

I agree with Fallon- the wig you receive will be nothing like the one on the website. You will most likely not be offered a refund and they will wear you down in 'customer services'. My advice is, if you paid by credit card is to raise a dispute with them- and the Credit Card provider will take over the stress for you. Good luck! Sharon

By Sharon B.

My complaint is for Wigsbuy they sent me the wrong color small instead of average not the style of hair do, they told me I could not send it back they told me to try to sell it to someone and they sent me back $25.00 and keep the wig I paid $173.00 this company is from China, I wish I could of gotten some info.before buying. The worse part of this is they are still showing wigs so that they can ripe of American. Hear me out get the hell out of our country sell them to your dirty people. Thank you for stealing my money you pigs.

By Carmen S.

They don't have a phone number.

By Stacie U.
Questions? Get answers from the WigsWay.co.uk staff and other customers.

3 Photos for WigsWay.co.uk