Review of WigsWay.co.uk

WigsWay.co.uk reviews

Room B, 8th Floor, Golden Bear Industrial Centre (Tsuen Wan West), Chai Wan Kok Street, Tsuen Wan
Hong Kong
Tel: 1465487415

tinytears
11/6/15
I had written a review before but for some reason it's not here anymore. A wee update. Paypal rejected my claim against the scammers for the reason that I had altered the wig by trying to dye it, which didn't work because it wasn't human hair so it wasn't altered it was just the same, testing showed it was synthetic which my claim was all about. I put in a complaint to Paypal for not getting my refund and a very nice guy called me today and Paypal are refunding me in full. I am not happy that Wigsway have got away with this though because Paypal had previously made their decision it can't be changed and they can't chase them for the money they should be paying.

My advice is if you are not happy with the wig don't accept their partial refund and I wouldn't return it because it will cost you around £50 postage. They claim to be in the UK on their website which they aren't. If Paypal decide in their favour or want the wig returned to the seller refuse because you have bought it on the premise they are based in the UK and not China I would refuse to return it unless the seller pays the return postage.

The more people that complain to Paypal the more chance this company has of being shut down. I've dealt with a lot of crappy sellers in the past but this one beats them hands down for being the crappiest.
dawns38
11/6/15
I got my refund eventually and I did not have to send back the horrible wig thanks to Paypal I'm glad I paid with pay pal because if it was not a PayPal I would have had to send back the week and be giving a partial refund not a full refund that is what they were asking for I was not happy with it so I took it further up with PayPal PayPal sorted out the problem with ease my advice to you is never buy anything on that website with a debit card always use your PayPal account
valeriep16
11/3/15
I ordered this wig in a blonde colour. When wig arrived - colour ok but totally wrong cut - where in the photo is quite short - wig I received is below chin length all round. Plus the biggest drawback is it is huge - I ordered average and even tying the back straps as far as possible the wig is loose. I contacted company to ask if they could amend the wig for a petite size. I receive response just telling me to tighten straps! I then asked for a refund - and was refused. This company offer NO after sales service. I will not be using them again and I would warn you to be very careful before sending your money to this company.
denisew31
10/31/15
Fraud crap items very unhappy total piece of rubbish, the wig is worth 50p. no response to my questions /complaints the wig is total total crap! how can this company be allowed to trade .smelt should have been petite some joke that was massive! looked like split ends do not buy from this company . anyone that's says they are good must never look at them selves in the mirror. NOT EVEN IN UK BUT WHEN ARRIVE IN UK ARE SENT VIA ROYAL MAIL AND THE WAIT IS BECAUSE THE ARE MAKING IT FOR YOU HA HA JOKE OR WHAT
elsier7
10/29/15
I did not except the wig went it arrived a month later, from the post office. Now my bank told me that the company Waysway.com wants proof I did not except package. I did not get a not except package slip. Now Wigsway want there money back, because they did not receive it. It took me a month waiting to get it, which I gave back to post office. Don't know what to do.
lauraw72
10/25/15
As an alopecia sufferer I ordered a 100% human hair Remy wig from Wigsway. It took three weeks to arrive and when it did, I was disgusted with it. There was no Remy trademarked identification with it whatsoever, no tag inside the wig to say it was Remy and no Remy box. The wig was completely different to what the picture on their website showed. It was hideous! I can only describe the texture as that of the mane of a My Little Pony! It was shiny and plasticky and the parting was sewn in SILVER GLITTERY thread! There is no address or telephone number for this company, however it is based in Hong Kong. Thankfully I paid by Paypal but I still have to pay the postage charge to return to Hong Kong. Please do NOT order from this company. They are selling fake and counterfeit wigs and taking advantage of people suffering from cancer and alopecia. AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!
cynthian6
10/23/15
Please don't be deceived by the immaculate display on this web site , it's a scum ,very deceitful information refrain from using it !Ordered a wig and when it arrived I was so disgusted , couldn't believe I have been robbed so openly, I wish I read the reviews before I placed an order. Pay pal should withdraw from doing bussiness with them!!!!!!
rubyh24
10/19/15
Absolutely disgusted with this supposed business. Ordered a full human hair wig and after a month of battling with them asking for tracking information, had to eventually go through paypal to get it, I received what can only be described as a synthetic party wig. I paid over a hundred pounds for the wig advertised on their site and what i received was worth less than a tenner. They, of course, refused to refund me straight away and insisted that it was a 'well made' wig and that i should keep it for occasions that call for synthetic wigs!!! They then offered me numerous partial refunds which i declined and reported to paypal. now, after 2 months i have finally received a refund from paypal but not the cost of returning the wig which was close to 50 pounds. Really disgusted, any positive reviews you may see about this site are fake and posted by members of the scamming company. Please avoid if you don't want to waste your money!!
kimm109
10/10/15
I ordered a human hair wig from this company but received a very poor quality product. I emailed the company to ask why the wig wouldn't curl (at all) and was told that the wig was styled before shipping and if I style it again in a short period it may be damaged! Really?!! I have alopecia so I've worn wigs for years and I've never heard of such and thing. Unfortunately by the time I learned that the wig was plastic and wouldn't curl I had altered it so I couldn't return it. The product came in a plain brown box with no packing slip, no tags, no description, product number etc. This should have been a clue. The company offered me a discount on another wig. Again, really?!! I wrote a review on the website, amazingly it never appeared there.

Tip for consumers: Stay away!

brendaw39
10/7/15
I ordered a wig, supposedly human hair. When it arrived it was a different colour, and not like any human hair I have ever seen. Cheap looking and not fit to wear. When I complained, after e mails back and forth for weeks I was eventually refunded £10. I am oap and out of pocket by £71 . Please do not even consider buying from these people, and the complimentary reviews, I think, are written by themselves.

Tip for consumers: I have deliberately not marked any stars because they are not worth any.

grahamc22
9/29/15
You will be ripped off..poor quality Chinese wigs not fit for a dog
You can not return items they will not accept but offer you discount on more purchases

The reveiws online are an indication of the scam this company is operating outside the duristriction of UK trading laws.. They are Teflon and untouchable

You only find out how poor the goods are when you eventually receive your purchase, that's when the disappointment hits.

This company operates a number of web sites that look so professional and give the impression of being uk based..they are not

PLEASE DO NOT USE

Any positive reveiws you read are not genuine,they are company generated
Just look at the names of reviewers for the clues

Janet M
davida187
9/22/15
I did not see these reviews till after buying a wig for my wife my story is no different from the rest shocking
madeleineb4
9/20/15
When diagnosed with cancer I purchased a wig from this website.
I received something that resembled NOTHING like the wig I ordered. I contacted the company and have been emailing them for the past 10 days.
The wig cost me £91.00 and they offer me £10.00. Its an insult. DO NOT buy anything from this company. Its a fraud and the customer service is terrible. They ask for photos of you wearing the wig and then say it looks fabulous. I have never seen a wig looking worse. I have warned you. I showed it to my hairdresser and she just laughed. I have now contacted PAYPAL to see if they can help. I hope so. Do not buy from Wigs Way.

Tip for consumers: Do not buy!!

frederiquem1
9/17/15
Just received the blonde color. took it out the box, put it on, trimmed the bangs a little and good to go! Hair is just right amount, fit is great (I have a big head) and the style/color is great! haven't been this satisfied with a wig in a long time. I have worn them off and on for nearly 45 years. Very natural looking. Amen!
andrewb118
9/17/15
Since the hideous wig was sent out to me I have since had a full refund from pay pal. I have reported the company to pay pal and have been told this company is already under investigation by the pay pal team, due to the volume of complaints. Please do not by from these scam artists save your pennies and look elsewhere.
maggiea7
9/14/15
The site looks very good, professional, but don't be fooled!
Emails totally ignored. When wig did arrive, it was nothing like the one ordered. Wig ordered should have been short and petite. It was long and large!
My sister (who the wig was for) has decided, after reading others' feedback, not to even attempt to get her money back, but will donate the wig to the local hospice, hoping it will be useful to someone. However, would like to warn anyone thinking of ordering from this company NOT to, they are not all they seem. You have be warned!! I had to award one star to submit review, in reality NO stars deserved.
barbarat33
9/11/15
Do not order anything from this website. They take your money and send you inferior products that they refuse to let you return. If you manage to get a return address, it will cost a fortune to return the item to China. Absolutely terrible service.
sarah1882
9/9/15
KEEP WELL AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY I WAS LUCKY PAY PAL GOT ME MY MONEY BACK !AFTER THIS CHINA FACTORY SENT ME A 16INCH PIECE OF HAIR THEY LEFT ME IN TEARS PAY PAL THANK YOU BUT FOR YOU I WOULD BE LEFT WITH NOTHING KEEO AWAY FROM THEM THEY WILL ROB YOU
maureend6
9/4/15
i repeat please do not purchase from this company. The wig you have chosen will not be the one that arrives.Extremely poor quality, thanks to pay pal I will be getting a refund, very poor answers from Lucy customer service indeed, if you are stuck with a wig and have used pay pal get onto pay pal, if you read this and are thinking of purchasing DONT
geraldened
9/4/15
They sent me a piece of hair 16 inches long you could see through it i sent for a 22inch long curly wig they would not refund me my £200 so i reported them to pay pal stay away from these fraudsters Wang Lin his name found out
claired22
9/2/15
This is a gorgeous wig had a lot of compliments; great color and not to long. Really looks natural. I found this wig to have issues with the following, it maybe only me but I have purchased 3 so far and its pretty consistent; size larger than other average size, the cap front by ear way too bulky really needs to be reduced makes the sides stick out-use hair pins to keep them down which can be uncomfortable sometimes. Purchased 4 and will buy again.
azenorah
8/29/15
Ordered wig for my sick sister after weeks it was sent, and then left somewhere on the street by shipping company and nobody wants to take responsibility. Customer care rubbish say they can't do nothing. So now I am out of pocket and no wig. Disgrace stay well away.
shannonb40
8/28/15
I have been told that this wig is very good looking on me and it is of good quality. I get questions such as: who is your stylist do you wrap your head at night and how often do you get your hair done? When I say it is a wig to stylist I get a look of shock. They are amazed at how good my hair looks. Looking good means feeling good about the way you looks.
barbarah67
8/26/15
This is a very nice wig the fit is great and I can style it in many styles without any product other than a light mist of spray in the front. I have a small head so I am not sure most of the time if the wigs I order will fit well but I have a way of working it out. The wig could have a little more hair on top I like my hair to have a lush look but this worked for me also .I got this color it is just a beautiful color.
graces38
8/24/15
Sitejabber, please remove the stars on my review about this company. I never give them more then one star and they keep changing that to 2 or more. MY RATING TO THIS COMPANY IS 0 OR 1 STAR.

Tip for consumers: THE WHORSE OF THE FRAUD!!! CRIMINALS!!!

I spent almost two months trying to get my refund from this company. Eventually I did. As far as I understand the law or England and Wales where this company say they are based, there has to be something like "misrepresentation " of the product for you to ask for a refund. I would wait and see if "What you ordered is what they deliver." if it is not, colourwise, materialwise etc....you are covered. This company need to be shut down.... They are scammers. I still want to go on LBC radio and tell everyone NOT to deal with them.

By Cynthia G.

I had lots of trouble with them,but Paypal were brilliant. They got all my money back

By liz p.

I agree with Fallon- the wig you receive will be nothing like the one on the website. You will most likely not be offered a refund and they will wear you down in 'customer services'. My advice is, if you paid by credit card is to raise a dispute with them- and the Credit Card provider will take over the stress for you. Good luck! Sharon

By Sharon B.

My complaint is for Wigsbuy they sent me the wrong color small instead of average not the style of hair do, they told me I could not send it back they told me to try to sell it to someone and they sent me back $25.00 and keep the wig I paid $173.00 this company is from China, I wish I could of gotten some info.before buying. The worse part of this is they are still showing wigs so that they can ripe of American. Hear me out get the hell out of our country sell them to your dirty people. Thank you for stealing my money you pigs.

By Carmen S.

They don't have a phone number.

By Stacie U.
Questions? Get answers from the WigsWay.co.uk staff and other customers.

3 Photos for WigsWay.co.uk