Review of WigsWay.co.uk

WigsWay.co.uk reviews

Room B, 8th Floor, Golden Bear Industrial Centre (Tsuen Wan West), Chai Wan Kok Street, Tsuen Wan
Hong Kong
Tel: 1465487415

taral18
8/24/15

No customer care, completely different product to the one ordered, dreadful quality, fraudulent company ... should not be trading! Stay far far away from this company!!!!

louiser28
8/24/15

Do not buy from these! The wig which was ordered for me while I am undergoing chemotherapy was to match my natural hair colour and style. .... The wig which was delivered was NOTHING like what was ordered the colour length style everything was wrong! !
They protested in giving a refund and offered only £10 and said I would get used it!!
Very poor customer service
DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY ORDERING FROM THIS COMPANY

jenniw5
8/24/15

I ordered a wig for my sister currently going through chemotherapy. This was to make her feel feminine as she loved her hair and was upset about loosing her hair. I cannot believe the patronising way these people treat their customers I received comments such as "please accept £10 and try the wig we would loose money if you send it back". They sent a very substandard wig nothing like the one ordered and was even a different colour. Had I read the reviews on here I would not have used this company. Thank goodness for paypal I have recieved all my money back. They should not be allowed to advertise in this country, they are using people going through tough times and in very vulnerable positions and trading on their need for a wig. They have no customer care and their website is not reflective of their products. Please DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!!

gorettin
8/19/15

I purchased a wig from this company and let them know the day it arrived that the colour was completely unsatisfactory and could i have a return address. I had nothing but trouble from them and it took me 4 months to have it resolved but not to my satisfaction.

laurenw25
8/17/15

As a woman with a large head, I find that this wig runs small on me. However, if it's a color close to my own and I can pull my hair out around my face, and I find that it's not too bad. It's so unique and will be fun to wear.

pollyy2
8/17/15

After buying four wigsway synthetics each in eight months, It was time to invest in a wig that would last. This wig is simply gorgeous; love it so much my real, short hair may never be seen again. Purchased color 25B and had it professionally layered at my regular salon. Wear it 50 hours a week and every three weeks I wash with a gentle shampoo. Been 3 1/2 months and it still looks great. The inside back tangles and what I can't comb out, I cut off. Am going to buy two more to put away. This wig is a real winner!

marilynp13
8/17/15

I tried to cancel my order 3 days after placing it, got nowhere with Wigsway so opened a dispute through Paypal. After weeks of being given the run around by Paypal the wigs were delivered anyway. I immediately returned them to the address which was on their package via Royal Mail tracking and signed for. I have a copy of the scrawled signature and details of where and when it was delivered back to them. They only had to simply deny receipt of the return and Paypal paid them my 338 pounds and closed the case. Me, I have lost all this money and have no wigs, which I would not have worn anyway...ABSOLUTE rubbish wigs. Paypal get a fee from traders so naturally they will side with them. Remember this, you, as a buyer DO NOT have the protection of Paypal as promised by them.

kathyc55
8/14/15

before I ordered a mens toupee I sent an email to request the color of the number shown on the picture of toupee...the response back was...WE have an good refund policy and if your not satisfied a refund would be given I don't know the colors. WOW that should have been a huge RED flag! So I ordered the GRAY toupee #60 because it said GRAY and showed GRAY!! when I received it the color it was PURE WHITE and no a touch of gray, so when I requested a refund address I was told SORRY!!! the monitor lights show differently and therefore there is nothing wrong with the wig its your monitor. SO pretty much your SOL lady!!! ...(with NO phone# or address)DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS PLACE AS IT IS ALL A FRAUD...no worries I will let people know and post to all social media

Tip for consumers: Please don't be fooled by this company...as they do not hold up to there word.. If you can't get a phone number or address on the site what does that tell you ??? Hummm!!

aliceberyr
8/12/15

I always get compliments on this style and it looks so natural. Sometimes wearing wigs i am a little nervous you can tell it is a wig or that i look like i have a foreign object on my head. it is hard to feel confident in every wig because so many of them are not very natural looking. The sales representative was so helpful. really love ordering from Wigsway!!!

ng113
8/9/15

These people are scum we ordered a wig for my mum who's lost hair because of chemo the wig that we got was awful bad color and style not the real hair it said and had the most awful smell. Now they are refusing to tell us how to return the item for a refund. Save your money do not use this company. Just wish we had researched them better but we taken in by the web page and its good reviews which are obviously fake.

bastosj
8/8/15

I have been wearing this wig (buy 2/year) for 4 years now. It's so fantastic and easy to wear. This wig worked out perfectly for me!!! I am a frequent wig wearer. Not because I have lost my hair but mostly cuz I'm a lazy mom of 5 and want to look like I'm handling my hectic life better than I. It is easy to wear and has never moved or fallen off. I do wear the sure grip so it doesn't pinch in to my skin because I cinch that cap in as tight as my spanxs girdle! This feels so comfortable. I love it. I get lots of complements and not everyone knows I wear wigs. Great testament to this wig!

gw168
8/6/15

I have just received the two wig's I ordered, the one is not fit for purpose an absolute disgrace. The other totally the wrong colour. Will not give address to return them, will not refund my money. Be ware this company also has other wig company's.

cindyo4
8/5/15

Like most are saying I ordered a wig from wigsway and it was defective with thousands of tiny hairs coming from the scalp making it look matted or set on fire; horrible! When I put the wig to the 100% Remy Human Hair test it failed; hair knotted in a hard plastic ball instead of turning to ash as real human hair would. I followed their return policy and like others I was offered a refund of this and that and eventually $90.00 on a $189.00 purchase and that wasn't until I opened a complaint through Paypal. I declined the refund and sent the wig back (it cost me $50.00 to return the wig with a tracking number which is required) to them at the following address which they are reluctant to give or never do give to consumers:

Wang Lin
3F Dianxin Building, No. 96 Tongchang Rd, Baohe District
230001 Hefei
Amhui, China

Paypal sided in my favor but I will not get the return shipping charge refunded to me. I also insured the package for $200.00 in the event they say something went wrong during shipping. I lost $50.00 and hours of my useful time on a wig that was defective and should not have been sent out in the first place.......

bryanl26
8/4/15

I have ordered a wig from this company couple of years ago and the wig did not arrive at all. I waited for a week or so and tried to find a phone contact but I couldn't. As I made my payment through Paypal, I did open a case and as soon as I took an action they contacted me and offered me a refund as soon as I drop the case. There I realised the company is based in China as I checked my payment details. I dropped the case and got my refund. But please do not pay attention to the good reviews. They are probably written by whoever these fraud people. Its like comments on Tripadvisor.. People do their honest comments and some fakes from hotel managements write positive comments. PLEASE KEEP YOUR MONEY SAFE. WHEN YOU FIND A WEBSITE BEFORE YOU BUY SOMETHING PLEASE CHECK GOOGLE SCAM FINDERS. IF YOU SEE THE COMPANY IS REAL AND SAFE OK GO FOR IT. PLEASE DO THIS BEFORE YOU BUY ANYTHING. THANKS

hayleyh3
7/29/15

I have purchased from wigsway 3 times. I have had to wear wigs for 15 years now and this one is one my favorites. The cap is the best fitting I have ever had. This wig is a bit more delicate. It isn't as full on the sides as most wigs so fraying could be more evident more quickly so I handle this wig with a little more care than normal. As a result I have worn each of them for months and they have maintained their look and shape. As long as they produce this wig and it remains fashionable it will be my #1 go to piece. Added benefit: I get lots of compliments. Thank you Wigsway!

clareh32
7/7/15

I wish I had looked at some honest reviews before I purchased a Wigsway wig. I spent £87 on a bob and it looks totally fake , doesn't cover my head and is lop-sided. I would rather go round with my shaven head (due to the trauma of chemo) than look totally ridiculous in this wig. WARNING: DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!!!

gloriag15
6/30/15

I ordered a wig and when it arrived it did not look good on me as the color and style did not work. When I wished to return it, they would not give me my money back but offered $15. when I had made a $150.00 purchase. I have exchanged 15 emails with them from sending photos of wig, seeking confirmation that they make returns as stated on the main web page.
They should not be on the internet!!!!

stacej
6/26/15

I do not want to get into the details of my dealings with this company as it has been going on for a while and it makes me very angry! Just do yourselves a favour and pay attention to title of this review. They have no intention of refunding people- they will offer you a ridiculous £20 for a wig that costs £200. Stay away from these crooks. Also, they are not based in the UK.

cynthiag11
6/3/15

Don't believe ANY POSITIVE REVIEWS FROM THIS FAKE COMPANY!!! They are faked and written by LUCY FROM HER TINY FLAT IN CHINA. They are NOT IN THE UK OR AMERICA EITHER. They only have a website. If you don't believe me ask yourself this, how can such a good company refuse exchanges and refunds? The experts how can their English be sooooooo poor??

emiliam3
6/2/15

Bought wigs £220 spend and wigs arrived unsuitable, they don't accept returns.

sharonb54
5/26/15

This company should be banned from advertising on Google. They send out substandard wigs which are the wrong size and colour then refuse to give a full refund. Their customer service is very, very poor - continually saying they are losing money on the order if you get a refund of the smallest amount- about £15 on average. 'Lucy' in customer services obviously also writes the good reviews on this site. I wonder how she sleeps at night after scamming so many people. But then again, as the site is a scam itself she /he obviously just sees customers as gullible westerners who can be fleeced at ease!
Had I known this was not a UK company there is no way I would have made a purchase. Google needs to do something about this company- removing them from their searches would be good customer service from Google! Also PayPal needs to review who it takes business from- although poorly recompensed customers do get some protection from their credit card company and PayPal.
Lilli

asha34
5/15/15

If you buy the wig and need it to return, then WigsWay will drag you with pathetic excuses and NOT accept the returns!
Hence you are stuck as the company is based in China and you can not exercise your statutory rights or take any legal action.
SO STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY

Tip for consumers: STAY AWAY FROM THIS WIGSWAY

fallond
5/7/15

I bought a wig from this disgrace of a company. It was not what I ordered. The wig was frizzy, hair felt like dry straw and was so bushy that it is unwearable. Tried to return it. No way. A person by the name of Lucy (that's a laugh) kept asking me in pigeon english to do them a favour and wear it, because they spent a lot of time making it. The wig is a useless piece of garbage. They will not allow me to return it. CAUTION YOU BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK. RATING IS -----000000.

linj3
4/29/15

this is a shocking company, IT IS NOT UK BASED IT IS BASED IN CHINA. YOU WILL GET AN AWFUL WIG IF YOU PURCHASE ONE AND HAVE REAL ISSUES GETTING ANY MONEY BACK. THEY ARE SELLING CHEAP AND NASTY WIGS THAT LOOK NOTHING LIKE THE PICTURES IN THEIR GLOSSY WEBSITE.

kimalainem
4/29/15

bought a wig from this company, it looked like hair from an orangutan!!! supposed to be blonde, bright ginger more like. This company is a joke

I spent almost two months trying to get my refund from this company. Eventually I did. As far as I understand the law or England and Wales where this company say they are based, there has to be something like "misrepresentation " of the product for you to ask for a refund. I would wait and see if "What you ordered is what they deliver." if it is not, colourwise, materialwise etc....you are covered. This company need to be shut down.... They are scammers. I still want to go on LBC radio and tell everyone NOT to deal with them.

By Cynthia G.

I had lots of trouble with them,but Paypal were brilliant. They got all my money back

By liz p.

I agree with Fallon- the wig you receive will be nothing like the one on the website. You will most likely not be offered a refund and they will wear you down in 'customer services'. My advice is, if you paid by credit card is to raise a dispute with them- and the Credit Card provider will take over the stress for you. Good luck! Sharon

By Sharon B.

My complaint is for Wigsbuy they sent me the wrong color small instead of average not the style of hair do, they told me I could not send it back they told me to try to sell it to someone and they sent me back $25.00 and keep the wig I paid $173.00 this company is from China, I wish I could of gotten some info.before buying. The worse part of this is they are still showing wigs so that they can ripe of American. Hear me out get the hell out of our country sell them to your dirty people. Thank you for stealing my money you pigs.

By Carmen S.

They don't have a phone number.

By Stacie U.
Questions? Get answers from the WigsWay.co.uk staff and other customers.

3 Photos for WigsWay.co.uk