LUXHAIR by Sherri Shepherd reviews

Tel: 1-800-581-2001
clientcare@wigs.com

danb416
7/27/18

Before I purchased, I read the reviews here and became worried about ordering. I started investigating, and even tried to find similar products on Amazon, or another reputable site. Couldn't find anything. I contacted HairUWear and they verified that Wigs.com was one of their online vendors. So, I bit the bullet and placed my order. Not only did I receive a high quality wig, but I received it in less than a week! I hope this review helps someone else doing their own investigation, and settles their nerves. Of course, this is only my own experience, but based on that, I'm very pleased!

shannons211
7/18/18

Im so surprised at all of these bad reviews. I ordered my wigs, they arrived in about 3 weeks, and they are all great! Exactly what I wanted, and the quality is good!

Maybe the other people bought the cheapest wigs? I dont know. But, mine look great and I couldnt be happier with them!!!

judyw148
6/5/18

I can't believe all the bad reviews. They must be talking about another wig site. Wigs.com is one of the best or THE BEST wig company on-line.

pamelas285
6/3/18

I had a great experience with wigs.com. They are very easy to deal with. The first wig I bought was beautiful but it wasn't for me, so I returned it for a full refund. Then I bought another wig from them which is just right.
Mistakenly I bought a second wig from www.wig.com, not www.wigs.com. Dealing with wig.com (Paula Young) was a bad experience and I won't buy from them again.

michelleg286
5/8/18

I've ordered from here once before - paid additional $40 to have next day shipping (which didn't happen) with terrible customer service on top of that. They had a really good coupon a couple of weeks ago and I had an important meeting coming up so I thought I'd try one more time. Ordered and paid for express shipping (2-3 business days). There was no shipment, no emails, no phone calls. I called today - the day before I have to be somewhere - and they said it was on back order and apologized for no communication. Then they said they'd call me back. I DESPISE this company and will NEVER order from here ever again. I don't care what kind of deal you think you're getting from here - it's literally NOT worth it.

evar18
3/21/18

They do not provide what they advertise. The wig I received looked nothing like the photo. They refuse to refund money, then say it has been sent but they obviously lie, because I never received it. They need to be shut down; why let them continue to misrepresent and cheat people.

beab13
3/15/18

Stay away from this company. The wig I received looks nothing like the picture, it looks cheap, thin and ugly. They have no customer service.

sued74
2/14/18

The pictures are lovely, but the product is bad! The wig I ordered was too big and didn't look at all like the picture. It was also very poor quality.

Tip for consumers: Stay aay!

beverlyb81
2/1/18

The worst hair pieces EVER!!!!! Colors not even close. The hair looks like something from a Barbi Doll. Very unrealistic. They also charge a restocking fee if you try to return plus you pay return postage. This company is a RIPE OFF!!!

Response from carliz t., LUXHAIR by Sherri Shepherd Representative
Thank you for your feedback. All the hairpieces we sell are directly from the manufacturer. We feel it is important to offer options for all budgets. The least expensive hairpieces are of course not the high quality items but there is a market for them.
There is NO RETURN FEE if you are returning for store credit to exchange your item. Our return policies are the best in the industry and shipping is free on all our orders over 100$.
We will incorporate your feedback in our 2018 planning meeting for improving our service plan.
I’m sorry for your frustration. We will try harder.
kellyc190
11/18/17

SENT CHILDS SIZE WIG, NOT ADULT. SAID I COULD RETURN AT MY COST FOR SHIPPING PLUE A $17.95 RESTOCKING FEE?! SO I LOST $27.95 FROM THE START FOR THEI MISTAKE. THE THE CREDIT I WAS SUPPOSE TO GET?!? TODATE IT HAS BEEN 4 MONTHS AND IM STILL FIGHTING TO GET MY REFUND. THEIR ANDWER, WE ALREADY GAVE IT TO YOU YET MYSELF & MY BANK HAVE NEVER RECIEVED IT?! THESE PEOLPE ARE LOW LIFE, LIERS!

sp1162
10/15/17

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS WEBSITE. They sent me a damaged pony tail that had a bunch of clipped hairs. Obviously a second or return. I sent pictures immediately and they sent long disclaimer saying no return shipping, it would have to go back to manufacturer and maybe or maybe not they would replace. Totally passed the buck. Crooks!!! Also they took over a week to even ship my item. Disgusting business practices.

anner70
9/5/17

I am reporting this company to the Texas Attorney General. I ordered a wig and nothing.....nothing. nothing. nothing. They won't even answer the phone. Oh, dear Lord, I'm out over $300 dollars. This is thievery. I don't have a wig and there is NO COMPANY OUT THERE. Total scam.

maryannew4
8/26/17

I had the same issue I ordered a wig and did not hear anything I called and they said it was Back ordered Ok I said BUT because they had my credit card they sent me another color (which I did not ask for) and charged my credit card ! They said send it back and they will refund everything including shipping charges They have NOT given me a full refund and are now given me the run around ! I will not order anymore from them ! They have lost my business

Response from carliz t., LUXHAIR by Sherri Shepherd Representative
Maryanne, Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the headache your backorder situation caused you. The secondary color was sent at your request. We never send out another option without the client request. It looks like your order has been reconciled and you have been credited. It also looks like you have made another order with us since. I just want to reach out to make sure you were taken care of and had a positive experience on this last order. Please feel free to contact me if you have any issues or comments. Thank you Maryanne and we appreciate your feedback. it helped us to revamp our backorder system with our manufacturers! System should be much smoother now.
graceo24
7/26/17

This was my first purchase with wigs.com and it was a lesson learned. The wig was misrepresented in color on the site. I own and have purchased countless wigs for productions and never had this happen to this extreme. Even if it was the designer's photo, it is the companys responsibility as a retail shop to verify that photos are represented truthfully.
I am undeniably dissatisfied and frustrated with wigs.com. Through every step they have failed in assisting a displeased client. As a business owner this could have been a new source where I purchase wigs for all productions I costume. However, after this experience I cannot be trust the company or customer service. When I called they offered no solution or apology. The customer service rep blamed my computer screen for the miss representation of color. I know better to look at the color in different lights and sources.
You have to pay for your own shipping to return a wig; they dont even put a label in the box. I also had tracking placed on my return and they received it almost 14 days ago. I still have not been refunded the money. I e-mailed them directly 4 days ago and never received a response. Shame on their customer service.

mjd8
7/17/17

Ordered a wig that was out of stock. They did not tell me it was out of stock for more than a week. They charged my credit card at the time of the order and, so far, they have been enjoying my proceeds for an item they didn't and couldn't deliver and it's up to10 days already. You cannot speak to a supervisor in customer serves unless you wait 24 hours. This is a scam. Stay away.

brennanp1
7/10/17

Alright, I wish I would've looked up reviews before ordering because now i'm here. So I placed an order on the first, I get the confirmation and everything is fine. Except, after the 2-3 days of processing, I hear nothing. I call on the fifth, they say that it is in stock and should ship out tomorrow. I wait... 5 more days. What gives? So I call the second time and it turns out they don't have it in stock and they're waiting for the distributor. They might get it on the 20th. Greeeeeat. So I won't get it until the end of the month. I wanted to wear this wig to an event, which passed a day ago. I won't even have it for my birthday now. The people at the call center are nice but the way the company handles orders is a crapshoot. Never ordering from them again, I hope I get the wig at all.

TL;DR:
You might not actually get your wig until a month or more later. Customer service sucks.

Response from carliz t., LUXHAIR by Sherri Shepherd Representative
Totally understand your frustration. We are also frustrated. Most all of the manufacturers have a very antiquated system of letting us know what is in stock in a timely manner. Many times we order it from them and they just dont ship it to us and dont tell us it is on backorder until we reach out ... so this big delay translates over to you. I totally feel like the one star is deserved... but want to let you know that our team does care and are working on implementing a very costly system to work with the top brands to get a better grasp on their inventory so we can be more accurate for you. No other online seller will have the product if we cannot get it, so you are not missing out on an opportunity to buy it elsewhere. Our new credit, refund, and backorder system implementation is in the process... i know this does not solve your issue today, but within the next few months.. we will have the most accurate inventory availability system online! im sorry you were disapointed... i hope you give us another chance soon. Carliz.
kathya53
6/12/17

I bought two wigs from Wigs.com and the color wasn't right so I returned them for store credit. The credit was supposed to be given within 5 business days after the returns were received. Over a month went by before I was given a store credit for ONE of the wigs and that was only after numerous phone calls. TWO MORE MONTHS went by and even more phone calls to the company before I was notified that my credit card was issued a PARTIAL refund for the second wig. I called them and wanted to know why they had issued a refund and kept part of my money when I had asked for a store credit? They apologized and ONE MONTH LATER finally issued a credit the amount I was due. Funny thing is I have never seen a refund on my credit card that they told me was issued for the second wig. So, here we go again!! It being many months later and still I'll be fighting them for my credit!!

dawnw69
6/9/17

I have Alopecia Totalis and needed a wig for an event. I ordered from wigs.com because they said my order could be to me in 7-9 business days. I received a confirmation number and waited the 9 days. I'm still waiting. I could have went with another company. Now I get to go to my event without hair. I called and waited for 45 minutes on their help line. The customer service agent blamed their distributor. She kept saying , "the wig is available, it just hasn't been shipped to us yet". I received NO email saying my wig would not be delivered to me in 7-9 business days. I am very disappointed and will never order from wigs.com again. Their customer service is awful. Now I get to go to my event bald. Thanks wigs.com

lolaz1
5/18/17

I ordered from Wigs.com TWICE! Same problem both times! I ordered and paid extra shipping, as others have stated and was NEVER notified that my order had been placed on back order.

I ask the customer service person if there is a way to tell if the wig is on back order and she says the website is being updated to say whether it is available or not. FYI it already does and I mention this. She apologizes, I cancel and we are done. Crazy! No incentive to purchase something else no offer for anything! I WILL NOT ORDER FROM THEM AGAIN!!!!

I cannot grow my own hair. I rely on a wig for daily wear. This company does NOT care for the customer!

pamelap62
5/18/17

ordered 1 item heard nothing for more than a week tried to email 2 times received no response when I finally called they said they were out of stock yet sent no notification to me and I already paid ( also for express shipping). took them a couple days to reimburse me. ordered a second item same EXACT scenario. If you don't have months to wait for your order don't bother with this place. I would give them zero stars if I could.

pdinaneb
5/5/17

I have been a customer of Wigs.com for the past three years and during this time, I have almost always been satisfied with the quality of wig brands they stock, plus their discounted prices and numerous special sales really can't be beat.

So, what keeps Wigs.com from receiving a five-star rating? Two issues: Despite their big, bold declaration of "Free Shipping Over $100" on their site's homepage, Wigs.com will not honor this offer if they are conducting a special sale-e.g. if you purchase a $300 wig at 25-30% off, you are still charged a shipping fee. Also, if you have acquired enough points for a store discount coupon ($5 to $20 off) through their Customer Loyalty Program, you cannot use both a coupon and a special sale offer at the same time-you can only use one or the other. Not both. Seems unfair, but at least Wigs.com has apparently dropped its ridiculous "wig re-stocking fee" if you return an unworn wig to them, so this is definitely a good move on their part. Maybe they'll come around to changing their other policy issues I have a problem with.

bettyc49
4/3/17

I began ordering wigs online from wigs.com in 1997. Only once in all that time was there an issue. They shipped wrong style/wrong color and it looked "used" because it had been brushed out and it was a curly style -- I sent it back and got the same thing back twice!(There were no re-stocking fees back then.) So I gave up. I ordered a much less expensive piece, got it with no probs and proceeded to order my 3 or more wigs per year. No other problem ever occurred. I think they try to be what they say they are. I don't/won't use anyone else as a wig vendor.

ashleyt69
2/21/17

On the 12th my grandma asked me to order her a wig from wig.com for a up coming even on the 27th of the month on the website it say 5-7 days shipping I figured she would get the hair in time how ever I noticed that I haven't received any order update so I called them on 17th and was told that my order was being processed on the 20th I still haven't got a update so I called again and was again told that my order was being processed, I asked the representative to cancel the order because it was taking too long and has become a inconvenience, I was told that would not be possible, so I asked if I could ship the hair back when I get it because it was no longer needed I was told that I would be responsible for the shipping and restocking fee and also that they do not refund, but only offer exchange or store credit. I called again on the 21th the automated machine said that my order was still processing, so I decided to speak to a representative and was told that my order was just shipped today which is the 21st and I won't receive it until the 3rd, way after the event, I won't be receiving the hair until about 2weeks after they claimed that they shipped it. Based on my experience so far and the other reviews on this company I will never buy or refer any one of my family or friends to buy from this site. If you can buy hair from China and get it within 2 days why does it take so long when you're in the same country :-( extremely unsatisfied

jk149
1/18/17

WIGS.COM WILL NOT ACCEPT RETURNS ON CLEARANCE WIGS. NO MATTER WHAT. I WILL NEVER ORDER FROM THEM AGAIN. YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO RETURN IF YOU ARE NOT SATISFIED.

Response from carliz t., LUXHAIR by Sherri Shepherd Representative
We launched our upgraded site which is much more efficient and secure. The biggest improvement is we no longer have restocking fees and you can return for free to get full merchandise credit. However, we have no clearance items. All clearance, overstock, and open box items are sold on wigoutlet.com only. Of course, the deep discounts of up to 75% on many clearance items do come with a no return stipulation. this is very common at most all retail stores.
We regret you are frustrated. Please know, wigs.com does not sell clearance items and you can return any item on the site which is unused.
doloresf2
11/5/16

I am relating this question to some of the customers who have complained about re-stocking fees. If you peruse the Terms & Conditions prior to ordering, you will see that a re-stocking fee is applied where necessary with their Site. So to have these customers horrified that they have to pay a re-stocking fee - should have read the Terms before purchasing!

If it was a final sale you might wonna keep it cause you will not get refund they donate your wig to charity. I found that out when I tried to return 3 wigs I paid almost $70 for. I did not receive no refund I will never buy from wig.com any more.

By ann a.

Do not do shopping with this company. They are in business to make maximum dollars and provide you with the lowest quality of product. Don't do it!

By ra L.

Thank you for reaching out. Optimally, you can pose all questions directly to customerservice@wigs.com. Questions posted on this site are not delivered timely. Currently there are restocking fees to return. Exchanges are free. We deliver factory fresh products so we also return your returned items to the manufacturer or we donate them... Or they go to our outlet. We are the top authorized retailer for all the top brands and manufacturers in the industry. Not only are we aware that people work hard for their money but we are also mindful of their time which is more important. Know this; if you receive an item which we erroneously ship.... We will make it right at no expense to you. Please visit us and feel free to call our client care center. 800-581-2001. I hope this has helped assuage your concerns.

By carliz t., LUXHAIR by Sherri Shepherd Representative

Thank you for asking. Wigs.com is not connected with wig.com. Wig.com would like you to think so as they market in a way that tries to look like they are wigs.com. We often get negative reviews that turn out to be orders from wig.com. Thank you for asking Hopefully this will clarify for others.

By carliz t., LUXHAIR by Sherri Shepherd Representative

I have ordered 4 wigs from them, and they are exactly like the picture. They have great customer service. Quick delivery. I don't know why they have bad reviews, but they are excellent in my opinion.

By judy w.

Thank you for reaching out. Optimally, you can pose all questions directly to customerservice@wigs.com. Questions posted on this site are not delivered timely. Shipping generally takes 2-5 days contingent on which shipping method you choose. We are the top authorized retailer for all the top brands and manufacturers in the industry. Not only are we aware that people work hard for their money but we are also mindful of their time which is more important. Please visit us and feel free to call our client care center. 800-581-2001. I hope this has helped assuage your concerns.

By carliz t., LUXHAIR by Sherri Shepherd Representative

Questions? Get answers from the LUXHAIR by Sherri Shepherd staff and other customers.

1 Photo for LUXHAIR by Sherri Shepherd

LUXHAIR by Sherri Shepherd?