Tree Hut Design

Tree Hut Design has a consumer rating of 1.25 stars from 12 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Tree Hut Design most frequently mention customer service problems. Tree Hut Design ranks 162nd among Watch sites.

No positive highlights yet

• Honestly, I am so beyond disgusted in their customer service.
How would you rate Tree Hut Design?

“False Description of Watch”

Peggy K.
6/20/20

Purchased this watch as a Father's Day gift for my children to give their dad. No where on the company's site does it speak of the variation of the blue marble shades & grains. The watch I received is so cloudy it's almost difficult to see the bottom half of the watch & looks defective. Upon reaching out to Treehut, their response was to credit me $10 or send a pair of sunglasses which is not what I want. Basically told me too bad that's how the marble comes. Beware of this company! My watch on left

customer service (4)
peggyk114
June 20th, 2020

dawnd405
December 8th, 2020

Their web pages said 40% all store orders and when I tried to order two necklaces and sunglasses it was only for their watch's. After I called them on it they sent me a loyalty customer coupon for 20% off that still did not work on my items. When asked about that only watch's. So morale of article their advertised specials are complete fabrication of the actual truth.(false advertising)..

jillc291
June 5th, 2020

I just received my order and while the watch itself is beautiful, I'm disappointed with the packaging.
First off, the gift box is ginormous. I was under the impression that it was fitted for 1 watch, but there is a weird extra slot for another, and the watch itself doesn't fit in the intended slot.
Upon opening the gift box, the watch was 1)not fastened to the small pillow 2) upside down (face down) and 3) there were cards that looked like they had been thrown inside.
Also, there is a tare in the pillow and the stuffing is falling out.
The watch looks horrendous in the box. I intended for this to be a gift for my fiancé on our wedding day, but I will not be giving it to him in this box. It's embarrassing and looks like something is missing. The watch doesn't even stay face up when in the box because it is so big. Imagine opening a gift from your bride on your wedding day and getting and upside down watch.

Disappointed.

kristenl157
March 11th, 2021

Bought my husband a watch and I'm extremely disappointed. Watch is not as depicted on the website. When I called customer service they blamed the olive ash wood for not having pigmentation in the hour markings... hmm well on the website it clearly has the hour markings and the logo filled in with colour/stain. It's a nice watch otherwise but they failed in the most important part of the watch, the face! Offered $10 or I could send the watch back to them, have the markings filled in and then they send it back which I just don't trust them to do that fast enough. I'll have to spend the extra money now to have a local professional watch marker do it. Added photos for comparison.

Tip for consumers:
Research off site reviews, seems to be a lot of the same problems being reported and the reviews on the website don't seem genuine.

Products used:
Watch

elainew5
July 18th, 2019

Their customer service is TERRIBLE. I have been actively seeking a replacement band for my husband's watch that was given to him by our adult son. He loves that watch. It has been two months with two payments made to them thru PAYPAL - and they still can't get it right. They are all about this flowery peace love and understanding language - Yeah ok just send the freaking band!

ml595
July 11th, 2020

Sent watch back to have links added. Still have not received it back after almost two months now! No such thing as honest business anymore! Please read reviews before ordering from Treehut!

andres142
August 10th, 2020

Ordered a watch as a gift, it has been late for a month and they are using Covid as an excuse. Even their carriers have said the shipment code does not exist. Support barely helps and will simply tell you "Keep waiting" after putting a "no delay guarantee" on their website.

lukew123
June 29th, 2020

Purchased the north black ebony blue for a 20% discount through their "pay what you can" promo during COVID. Shipping took forever, similar to other customer's experiences. When it finally arrived I was pleasantly surprised with the appearance and uniqueness of the watch. I own several citizens and other watches in the $200-500 range, and while the overall appearance was cool, the quality and attention to detail just does not compare. Add to that a hairline internal crack in the acrylic crystal upon unboxing, and it is clear this watch will likely not stand the test of time (get it?). Another note is that I had to remove a few links, and unfortunately the watch was either just a little too loose or a little too tight. Not atypical of linked watches, but would be nice to have a fine adjustment in the clasp.

Ultimately I returned the watch, and actually included a repair request to see if they would repair the crystal and send it back. They never acknowledged the repair request, but did acknowledge receipt of the watch back on their end and said a full refund would be processed within 15-20 business days. In hindsight I actually decided a repair would not be worth it at this point anyways - would rather just get my money back. Anyways, that was over 25 business days ago and still no refund. Followed up again and customer service said I would be getting an email notification for the refund soon. We'll see...

Overall displeased with the quality and customer service. Don't get me wrong, some of their designs are pretty sleek, especially the higher priced options. But in the $200+ price range, you can definitely get something from a more reputable maker. Wooden watches are kind of a cheap novelty/fad anyways.

bl428
May 15th, 2020

Placed order and couple of days later the track number says May 8th the label was made. 6 days later, they finally shipped it after I had told them via email I wanted to cancel the order.

A couple days prior, I contacted customer service via email. I explained to Cyndee (customer service rep), that the tracking number that was provided to me shows the label was created on the 8th of May and it has not been shipped. Cyndees' response was," Happy to assist. USPS doesn't have real-time tracking due to the current situation. Standard shipping takes 10 - 20 business days. Once your order reaches its destination city, you will receive a notification from the courier. Thank you for your patience.". That is clearly a lie. If an item/package has a barcode, it gets scanned and the information is updated into the system. I don't know how scanning a package during a pandemic affects a computer system. As I mentioned previously, I had responded in email to cancel my order on May 14th. Cyndee replied stating that the item has been sent out, and that it is too late.

To sum up things, a label was created for the item. Eventhough the label was made, the item will sit there fir several days before it is mailed out. Hence the delay or extended 10-14 day shipping window. Very misleading and dishonest. If you have an inquiry about shipping and you cannot get a straight answer, makes you wonder what else is misleading and will i have more difficulty with customer service.

stephaniec1030
October 1st, 2020

Honestly, I am so beyond disgusted in their customer service. I would never ever purchase from them again. Also, understand that they plant their reviews on their site. You have no way of leaving a review on their site so all the reviews you see are what they have put there. They blatantly lied to me. I was supposed to receive my watch for my husband between 8-12 business days. Well on Sept 21st I received notification that the package was pending b acceptance. By the end of the week, this status had not changed so I messaged saying the USPS stated this was an issue on their part. I asked what was going on. They told me USPS doesn't have real time tracking (1st lie). The day before I should be receiving my watch, the status still hadn't changed which was now Sept 29th. I messaged again, asking what was going on and that it is saying the package hasn't even been dropped off yet. They assured me it had been shipped (2nd lie). On the final day I was to receive my package, Sept 30th, the USPS tracker said that the package had been accepted and received at their location. Funny, they told me it had already been shipped and that USPS doesn't do real-time tracking. So I messaged again, telling them how disappointed I was in their service and how they flat out lied to me. They messaged me back blaming Covid for their lies. And USPS does have real-time tracking, because now that they finally sent my package, it's sending me updates in real-time of it actually moving. DO NOT ORDER here and expect your package within the timeframe they give you and do not expect quality customer service. Horrible company.

ettienev
December 23rd, 2019

I placed an order of about NZ$200 for engraved gift box, watch and a spare strap. Even paid extra to get it shipped express with DHL.
The order was placed on 3rd Dec and by the 17th Dec the tracking number provided was still showing the package in San Francisco.
After email to customer care I received a response that the order was lost in shipping, and that a replacement would be sent out immediately. Two days later, after no response, I emailed again requesting status.
They send me another generic email stating that the order has been shipped, so when I check the tracking number it's the same tracking number as the first!
So I send another bunch of emails, which I get the same reply as the first time. Order was lost in shipping (great! Here we go again).
It is now the 24th and I still don't have the order and out of pocket $200.
STAY AWAY AND DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM TREEHUT.

Tip for consumers:
DONT USE THIS SITE!

Products used:
Never received any products to use!

anjuliet
December 27th, 2017

I went to this site and looked at several different watches. I was ordering for a friend who is allergic to all metal. I thought this would be the perfect gift. In the pictures I could see there were tiny screws in the back, but they were far enough in the wood they would not matter. I ordered a watch with an "all wood" band. When I received it I was very disappointed. The clasp of the watch was stainless steal. I emailed them and they told me I could have a refund if the watch could not be worn. Their response was prompt. I think it is false advertisement to say it is an "all wood" product when part of it is actually metal. I would not recommend them.

The have a on line chat actually calling them was impossible to get anyone to answer the phone.

By Dawn D.