Review of Travelzoo

support@travelzoo.com

rica589
11/28/17

Sent to B Ocean Newly renovated Resort
Arrived to construction in main lobby and painting everywhere.
Complained to Travelzoo who said they called hotel and there was no construction.
After we sent pictures of construction and painting we were offered a $20 Travelzoo gift Cert.
We were up all nite as the stench of painting was being blown Thru the A/C. We left immediate.

Only after we disputed the credit card charge did Travelzoo offer full refund.

We will NEVER USE TRAVELZOO again

Response from Travelzoo C., Travelzoo Representative
Dear Ric A.,

We go to great lengths to ensure our members always have a positive experience, and we’re sorry you have had a less than a perfect experience. While we love helping our members get the best deals, we know that the experience matters more, and have therefore issued a full refund.

donaldq6
11/27/17

We have had great experiences with many Travelzoo bookings for hotels and meals. We had one very bad experience with a Vietnam tour package advertised through Travelzoo but the shifted in the booking to the tour company, Intertrip, with its website and agents. That was a problem. Buying a vacation package with the plane schedule determined later by the tour company means trusting the company to make a reasonable choice of tickets. Intertrips did not. Our return trip required a short early morning flight from Hue to Saigon, then a 12 hour airport stay, then an overnight flight to Tokyo, then a second 12 hour airport stay, then a second consecutive overnight flight to California. People traveling to Asia often lament the 16-20 hour trip home but Intertrips actually SCHEDULED us for a return ordeal of nearly 40 hours. I will still use Travelzoo but not companies they may have on their website and certainly not Intertrips.

Response from Travelzoo C., Travelzoo Representative
Hello Donald,

We are very sorry you had a poor experience using Travelzoo for your Vietnam Tour Page.

We always try to provide our members with the best deals and with the best value. We would love to hear more about your purchase so we can create a better user experience.

Please contact our Service Team at 1-877-665-0000, 24 hours a day, or via email at support@travelzoo.com.

Thank you for being a Travelzoo Member!

Liberty
cindyb159
11/10/17

I have learned to always use a travel agent, one person for all my needs... Preferably one in a small company or works from home whom I have better access to.

annm272
11/9/17

Mio Fratello,Selbyville, De. Wednesday night special is lobster that is served in several different dishes. My husband & I both had the lobster diablo, salad, italian bread & coffee/arnold palmer.The salad was very fresh & had a delicious vinegarette dressing. The bread was warm & very good. The main course was served with a lobster tail that had been cracked & the meat was extremely tender with a great flavor. The sauce was a marinara served over thin spaghetti. You have your choice of several pastas. We were too full to get dessert. Our waitress (Joy) was polite, knowledgeable & very attentive. The tables were coved in a white cloth. Our bill was just under $50 plus our tip. The meal was excellent. I would highly recommend this restaurant. It doesn't open until one daily.

nancyp132
10/5/17

I ordered one ticket to Legoland through travel zoo. The printed voucher was not working at the ticket booth since there was no barcode. We lost time.

Response from Travelzoo C., Travelzoo Representative
Hi Nancy P.,

Thank you for providing us with your feedback. We're sorry to hear about your experiences. We'd love the chance to look further into your concerns. Please feel free to contact our Customer Service team at 1-877-665-0000, available 24 hours a day.

We look forward to hearing from you.

junel37
9/15/17

Fablulous B&B in this wonderful National Park in Croatia. Beautifully furnished to meet all needs with a great breakfast and good evening meal,on request. Our host could not have been more caring and ensured we had every thing we needed for an enjoyable stay.
Lovely area. The most amazing waterfalls I have ever seen.

Response from Travelzoo C., Travelzoo Representative
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences. We're happy you had a great time, the food was great and it was beautifully furnished.

jl212
9/11/17

A review offering train rides for 35 through Germany, sounded too good to be true. After purchase, none of the promo-codes can be used to book trains except one.. which offered bad timing. TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE and will never use again!

AVOID AT ALL COST!

Response from Travelzoo C., Travelzoo Representative
Hello J L,

We are sorry to hear that there was an issue with this deal. We would be happy to look into this, if you could please give us a call at (069) 5170-9000.

moeh4
8/21/17

One should involve a lawyer. What this company is doing is barely legal and far from legitimate. Please don't use this service

Response from Travelzoo C., Travelzoo Representative
Hello Moe H.,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are sorry to hear you had difficult experiences. We'd like the opportunity to talk with you regarding these experiences, as your feedback and comments are important to us. We'd love if you'd contact our Customer Service team directly at 1-877-665-0000, available 24 hours a day.

We look forward to hearing from you.

gabrielleg10
8/17/17

We booked a fantastic hotel at Travelzoo at a great deal !! Stayed three nights and room was luxurious and comfortable ! Staff very friendly and helpful . Smaller pool and jacuzzi. Great restaurant and bakery too!

Response from Travelzoo C., Travelzoo Representative
Hello Gabrielle G.,

Thank you for taking the time to share your great feedback. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay and your experience. We hope you continue to find as well as take advantage of more great deals from Travelzoo. As always, thank you for being a Travelzoo member.

All the best,

Mary
nicolef69
8/13/17

I was recently watching a deal for Aruba on Travelzoo. It was an extraordinary deal at the Hilton in Aruba for $249/night during the winter months of 2018. I was skeptical to book with this sight after reading all these reviews. On Wednesday, August 9th, I called travelzoo twice and spoke to 2 different reps about my concerns. I explained to them that this trip was for my honeymoon and this was the only possible way we could afford trip of our dreams and stay at the Hilton. The first rep assured me the deals were going on until December 2017 and she eased some of my concerns. The second rep again relieved my concerns and I also assured me that this offer had no expiration. The other deals specifically stated expiration dates, this one did not. On August 12th I went to book my honeymoon through Travelzoo and the deal was no longer accessible!!! I have emailed Travelzoo with no response and have also made 3 phone calls to unhelpful reps who can't seem to differentiate the Hilton and the Hyatt! I am beyond disappointed in the removal of the offer, especially since it did not state a specific expiration date. I have called and pleaded with the reps to help me, this was my only hope for an affordable honeymoon. I have been searching for comparable offers and none compare....

Response from Travelzoo C., Travelzoo Representative
Hi Nicole F.,

We go to great lengths to ensure our members always have a positive experience. In this case, we understand that you were not satisfied and we'd like the opportunity to revisit your concerns. Please send an email to support@travelzoo.com Attn: Liberty so that I may better assist you.

Liberty
kimg104
8/11/17

I booked a two night stay at a resort in Colorado. Got confirmation number and e mail confirming the stay. Five days later my reservation got cancelled, I only noticed because my credit card had been refunded without my consent. Called Travel Zoo and no one could explain why. Tried to rebook and they said they kept getting an error with their 3rd party booking company Get a room. Meanwhile, I called my credit card company and all charges were approved and no issues on my side. I tried 2 other cards and the mysterious "error" kept coming up. I even called the hotel because Zoo told me they were the ones that cancelled it. I called the hotel and they had no record of cancelling the reservation but saw that indeed it was by the 3rd party. I took my business elsewhere, something smelled too fishy. I do not recommend trying to save a buck using this shady website. After 3 conversations with different agents, I gave up and so should you.

Response from Travelzoo C., Travelzoo Representative
Hi Kim G.,

We are very sorry to hear about your experience regarding your reservation. We would be happy to revisit any concerns you may have. Please send an email to support@travelzoo.com Attn: Lisa so we may better assist!

russellk23
7/7/17

We purchased 5 flight tickets via Travelzoo which turned out to be a scam - resulting in us losing the flights and the money. Went to Travelzoo's offices in London to enquire and they told us they are aware of the hacking (was the 18th case) but they're not actively doing anything to stop/warn/prevent this from happening going forward.
Unacceptable

Response from Travelzoo C., Travelzoo Representative
Hi Russell,

We're really sorry that you were recently scammed by a website purporting to be representing Travelzoo.

I believe it was your parents who spoke to one of our colleagues at our office in London; he advised that we were aware of the site but were working hard via our lawyers to have it taken down. I'm not sure were the figure of 18 comes from though.

I'm more than happy to discuss further, please email me on support_uk@travelzoo.com

Regards,

Phil
ag497
4/29/17

I had two vouchers for two restaurants in Victoria BC for Dec 2016. When we got to Victoria (from California), one restaurant was closed for a private party, the other was closed for several days before Xmas, during our stay. Neither closure was on their websites. I expected TravelZoo to refund our vouchers, since these were not able to be honored by the merchants. Instead, I got a credit for some future voucher, to be used within a year. Basically, you take your chances with TravelZoo that your purchase will be useable.
*********************
UPDATE MAY 15, 2017
With a phone call and exchange of e-mails, TravelZoo DID REFUND the amounts for both vouchers. I credit them with a correction, which is laudable.

Response from Travelzoo C., Travelzoo Representative
Hi A G.,

Thank you!
lauraa80
4/6/17

I always check Travelzoo - especially their top 20. I have linked to four or five GREAT travel deals form their list - including a trip to China with air and hotels for $650, and some discounted deals with Gate1 (another fine company for me).

Response from Travelzoo C., Travelzoo Representative
Hi Laura A.,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback. We are so happy to hear you enjoy our Top 20 Deals and our packages with our vacation partners. We appreciate having you as a member and will be sure to share this with our Deal Experts.

christineg69
2/22/17

In the summer of 2016, hubby and I went to Washington DC for a monument/museum vacation. We purchased a bus tour package (they had a special buy 1 get 1) and we were able to get transported to and from several monuments and museums in a day. The tour was great and also has a very cordial and informative bus driver...all for the low price of $29. Most recently, we had to stay in Boston for a long weekend for business at a convention center. I wanted to stay at the hotel across the street for convenience purposes and only Travelzoo had the best prices out of all the sites: expedia, hotwire, kayak, etc. Never count out Travelzoo!

Response from Travelzoo C., Travelzoo Representative
Hello Christine,

We appreciate your great feedback and hope you continue to find more great deals with us! As always, thank you for being a Travelzoo Member!
wilsonf9
2/15/17

I recently purchased a trip to Paris in October through travelzoo and this company has very bad business practices. Immediately after I asked a bout trip insurance I was charged for my trip then told they don't offer trip insurance nor do they allow for cancelation or changes to reservations. The airline gives a 24 hour cancelation for any reason and the hotel gives up until the day before arrival to cancel. So what gives. I'm a very honest reviewer. You can text me at 786-624-7115 I will give you all you need to avoid these people scamming you. Worst of all when I checked the same flight with the same hotel on the same days I would have saved over $400.00 and that's leaving in October!! My reservation number is 717122. If I can prevent one person from getting robed. Or at least full disclosure so your fully informed about your purchase it's all worth while. Grace a Dieu!!

avrilb1
2/12/17

This restaurant has changed owners and sadly the quality of the food was not great. The original restaurant owners had a wonderful food but we were sadly disappointed by the food we received. I would not like to return to this restaurant. The staff were relatively friendly.

Response from Travelzoo C., Travelzoo Representative
Hello Avril,

We are sorry to hear you did not have a great experience. We do, however, appreciate your feedback, as it is important to us. If you would like to discuss your concerns further, please contact our Customer Service team at 1-877-665-0000, now open 24 hours a day. As always, thank you for being a Travelzoo Member!
connieh49
11/21/16

I received an email from Travelzoo for a deal in Downtown St Louis at an area hotel at a pretty reasonable rate for Wed 11/23 for one night - there is a very large boxing fundraiser that night nearby so I thought it was perfect to stay close by. I booked it through the email giving all my information and never got any email from them confirming or saying it didn't go through - nothing - believe me I checked everywhere. I called the hotel directly they had no reservation - So a couple days before I'm supposed to stay, suddenly I get my email giving me my confirmation itinerary - so I call to see what the cancellation policy is since I would have to quickly see if I could still go this event and stay the night. As I'm inquiring with the customer service rep asking abt the policy - she 1st tells me they definitely sent me a msg right away on the 10th when I made reserv - making me sound like I was an idiot - uhm no u didn't send it until 11/20 - I explain that I don't want to cancel yet I'm just inquiring how long I have bc I never got any info from them - she proceeds to tell me she already cancelled it - I said what? I didn't ask u to do that I was inquiring - wth? She apologized all over the place and said she could call the hotel and when the cancellation came through they could ignore it - yeah like I'm trust that! I said never mind I'm done with Travelzoo. Beware - Very Poor Customer Service and obvious website problems if they're not gonna send u a confirmation or any type of email about ur reserv until a few days before.

Response from Travelzoo C., Travelzoo Representative
Hi Connie H.
We appreciate you sharing feedback about your recent experience with our Customer Service team. We go to great lengths to ensure our members always have a positive experience. In this case, we understand that you were not satisfied and we'd like the opportunity to revisit your concerns. Please reach out to me directly by sending an email to support@travelzoo.com Attn: Liberty. Thank you!
craigp44
11/19/16

Dad just passed away. Ordered 12 bottles of wine delivered on dec 1. Said no problem having it Christmas morning. Never showed up. Voucher never worked. $89 gone. I don't want someone else's Christmas wrecked when nothing is under the tree.

Response from Travelzoo C., Travelzoo Representative
Hi Craig p.,
We are very sorry to hear about your experience and would be happy to look into your concerns further. Please reach out to me directly by sending an email to support@travelzoo.com Attn: Liberty. Thank you!
dougg31
9/21/16

Why do the Fly.com offers never show up as advertised on Travel Zoo? On numerous occasions after getting my weekly Top 20, I have attempted to find the advertised fare sent to me and have never been able to find that fare. This is misleading advertising in my books!

Response from Travelzoo C., Travelzoo Representative
Hi Doug G.,
We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced and understand your frustration. Fly.com is an airfare search engine, similar to Google. Fares advertised are based on recent searches on Fly.com and these fares may change in price based on demand and availability for a given flight. As such, prices are constantly fluctuating. The fares that you see through your Fly.com search results represent the best prices at the moment, according to your search criteria. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to reach out to Fly.com via the contact form at http://www.fly.com/contact#send-email. Thank you!
antona15
8/29/16

I purchased two vouchers for a Korean Spa. When visited the business on Saturday, they wouldn't accept them due to Travelzoo system outage. I had to pay full price (almost double) because I was already there with friends and the Spa is not close to my home at all. When called customer service two days later, their first suggestion was that I could go another time when their system was on. How ridiculous? After arguing with the representative who wanted only to refund me for the vouchers and cancel them, she called her supervisor. After some wait time, I was offered by her refund of $30 and $20 credit from Travelzoo. When I couldn't use the vouchers, I had to pay full price of $50. You tell me if $20 credit is equal to $20 cash that I paid. I asked at least for $30 credit, which they actually issued to my friend earlier that day. I was transferred to a supervisor named Sean. He at first was telling me that if they give me $30 credit and refund me $30 it will cost them, to Travelzoo, $60. Perhaps he forgot that the $30 they are refunding are my money paid to them (they will cancel the unused vouchers, of course). He started arguing that I got the services. I explained that I had to pay $50 for those and I wouldn't go to that business for the full price. Then he tried playing me that he is authorized only for $20 credit and for $30 he needs to speak to his supervisor. I asked to be transferred to that supervisor of the supervisor Sean. Suddenly, he started saying that they are offsite and there is nobody above him he can transfer me. He asked me for my friend's name. I told him that I will write a consumer complain and hanged up.

barrye16
7/28/16

We were bought a Michelin 8 course tasting menu as a Christmas gift. We thought that this would be valid for a year but in the small print apparently it expired in May. Having just realised this we contacted Travelzoo and offered to pay a supplement to extend the expiry date.
They refused to do this. Don't know why. They have been paid so does it matter when we claim our tasting experience?

So the Restaurant does not get our business..... we do not get our experience... and Travelzoo GET TO KEEP £180.00 !!! Outrageous

Response from Travelzoo C., Travelzoo Representative
Hi Barry E.,
We are sorry to hear about your experience and would love the opportunity to revisit your concerns. Please send me an email directly to support@travelzoo.com Attn: Liberty. Thank you!
maryw204
7/22/16

We booked a hotel in NYC through Travel Zoo and when we arrived at the hotel the booking no. was not valid. (It was for a date that already passed and not under our name.) It took us several hours on the phone with at least 3 different Travel Zoo representatives before the problem was solved. When we got home we called Travel Zoo and asked to a partial credit to compensate us for our time (and the stress of worrying about where we were going to sleep!) We were offered a $25 credit toward a future booking...which doesn't go far in NYC. If you use Travel Zoo to book a hotel I would suggest calling the hotel to make sure they have your reservation.

Part II....Just got our credit card bill....We were charged twice for our hotel room. Once by Travel Zoo back in Jan. and then again by the TRYP Hotel. So now we will waste more time trying to straighten this out.... Buyer Beware!

We contacted the hotel regarding the double charge and they are crediting our account. In all fairness I want to note that this was not Travel Zoo's fault. I am still waiting to hear from them regarding the initial problem of the reservation mix up.

Tip for consumers: Don't trust Travel Zoo to make your reservations. Even if you have a booking confirmation no. it may not be valid.

Response from Travelzoo C., Travelzoo Representative
We are sorry to hear your experience was less than perfect. Please contact our Customer Service Team at 1-877-966-0000 Monday through Friday 9 AM to 9 PM EST. Thank you!
annr44
7/7/16

I CANCELLED A RESERVATION WITH WESTIN HOTELS MADE THROUGH TRAVEL ZOO AND CANCELED ON TRAVELZOO. IT WENT THROUGH JUST FINE BUT TRAVEL ZOO DID NOT SAY I WOULD LOSE THE MONEY THAT I PAID BECAUSE IT WAS WITHIN THE 72 HOUR TIME LIMIT. I DID NOT KNOW UNTIL I WAS BILLED. IT WAS FOR A BEACH VACATION WHEN STORMS WERE PREDICTED.

WESTIN WOULD NOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT EITHER.

Response from Travelzoo C., Travelzoo Representative
Hi Ann R.,
lindam280
6/29/16

Used Travelzoo to book a package for my grandsons birthday. Be careful- when they say "subject to availability" they mean the 1-2 rooms Travelzoo will ALLOW the hotel to book per night for them even if the hotel had plenty of available rooms at Crowne Plaza Dublin Ohio did with the zoo package that was advertised as one of Travelzoo's 10 best deals of the day- what a deal- on their day off my son's little boy did not get to go to the zoo- Shame on you Travelzoo and Crowne Plaza Dublin Ohio!

Response from Travelzoo C., Travelzoo Representative
Hi Linda M.,
We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. The number of rooms per night that may be booked with Travelzoo vouchers is at the merchant's discretion and we are sorry to hear you were not able to use your voucher for your desired dates. Upon further review, we do see you contacted our Customer Service Team and a resolution was provided. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to reach out to us at 1-877-665-0000 Monday through Friday 9 AM to 9 PM EST.

Be sure to get it in writing from Travelzoo regarding refunds if there is no availability. My understanding is that sometimes there is no refund. I know I had to fight for my refund. I would not book through them again.

By Margot B.

Hi Martin, Thank you for your inquiry. Here at Travelzoo, we have a 7 day refund policy. If you purchase your voucher, contact the hotel to make your reservations and find out they do not have availability for your dates; you can contact us for a refund or self request your refund online. If you have any other questions, please feel free to call our Service Team at 1-877-665-0000 Monday through Friday 9 AM to 9 PM EST. We will be happy to help!

By Travelzoo C. [Travelzoo Rep]

Hello Mary, we are very sorry to hear that you weren't able to sail with Red Witch Tall Ship and would certainly like to hear about your experience and assist you further. Please contact Michelle at support@travelzoo.com directly. If you ever need help with your vouchers, please contact our Service Team at 1-877-665-0000, Monday through Friday, 9 AM to 9 PM EST.

By Travelzoo C. [Travelzoo Rep]

Hello Zyshan, Travelzoo's website is free to use and be a member. It is very important to Travelzoo that we provide all the necessary information so member's can make informed purchases. If there are ever any additional costs above and beyond the price of a voucher (like taxes or resort fees) Travelzoo takes extra care to ensure that information is also provided on the deal page. If you have questions about a deal, please don't hesitate to contact our Service Team at 1-877-665-0000, Monday through Friday, 9 AM to 9 PM EST.

By Travelzoo C. [Travelzoo Rep]

Hello Chris, This Voucher deal is for $99. After purchasing either the "$99 -- 2 Nights: Lodge Room for up to 4 People" or "$99 -- 1 Night: Cabin for up to 8 People" voucher, you will call the hotel directly at 800-573-9659 to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. 15% tax and $10 resort fee is not included and will be paid directly to the hotel. The resort fee covers two bottles of water, Wi-Fi, $5 state park pass and lobby beverages and refreshments. Parking is complimentary. The $226.10 price from the hotel's website is the price paid when you book directly with the hotel. This voucher deal will give you a total savings of $127.10 off that price if you were to book with the hotel directly. If you have any other questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact our Customer Service Team at 1-877-966-0000 that is available to help 24 hours a day. Thank you so much. The Travelzoo Team

By Travelzoo C. [Travelzoo Rep]

Hello Robert, The deal rate of $139/night non refundable and $159/night refundable is for the King Suite. We do offer the Two Queen Oceanview Suite at a higher rate. Anytime you have a question regarding the rate and or policies associated with the rate, our Customer Service Team is available to help 24 hours a day at 1-877-966-0000. We hope this helps! All the best, The Travelzoo Team

By Travelzoo C. [Travelzoo Rep]

Hello Sandi, The booking conditions vary depending on the rate booked and the hotel's policy. If the hotel requires a deposit, full prepayment, or just a credit guarantee, this will be listed on the payment summary page prior to completing your reservation. Anytime you have a question regarding the rate and or policies associated with the rate, our Customer Service Team is available to help 24 hours a day at 1-877-966-0000. We hope this helps! All the best, The Travelzoo Team

By Travelzoo C. [Travelzoo Rep]

Hi J G., Thank you for your interest in our Travelzoo hotels. Tourico Holidays is one of our trusted partners. We would be happy to visit any concerns you may have. Please feel free to call us at 877-966-0000. Agents are available 24 hours. Thank you, The Travelzoo Team

By Travelzoo C. [Travelzoo Rep]

Hi Susan A., We are sorry to hear you may be experiencing difficulties using the Travelzoo App. Passwords are required to access your Travelzoo account information when using the mobile app. If you have an account with Travelzoo, you reset your password or call us at 877-665-0000. Agents are available 24 hours and will be happy to assist you further. Thank you, The Travelzoo Team

By Travelzoo C. [Travelzoo Rep]

Hi Devane, Here at Travelzoo we created the Test Booking Center® to test all of the deals you see on our website. We want your travel experience to be fun and enjoyable right from the start. That's why we don't endorse deals packed with tons of value alone, instead, we go one step further and ensure that every deal we publish is accurate, available and easy to book. If we can be of any further assistance, please feel free to call our Customer Service Team at 1-877-665-0000. Customer Service available 24 hours. Thank you, The Travelzoo Team

By Travelzoo C. [Travelzoo Rep]
Questions? Get answers from the Travelzoo staff and other customers.

Travelzoo?