Review of TravelMerry

Tel: +1-678-666-2853
support@travelmerry.com

zybrys
5/15/19

I was on my way from New York to Paris on American Airlines flight via Istanbul, the first flight from JFK to Istanbul was on schedule, the waiting period at Istanbul airport was 1 hour and that was during peak festival time, Easter Passover in April last year. The Istanbul airport was overcrowded with huge travelers and there was not much room inside, added to this the screening area was even more crowded which resulted in huge wait times. I requested my fellow passengers to allow me to break the queue and explained the situation that I don't have much time to go to the ticketing counter to board my new flight, they only listened but couldn't oblige me because they said they also were in a rush to catch a flight. It nearly took 35 minutes to get out of the security procedure and finally when I reached the AA ticketing counter I was told that I was late for the flight and since it was a connecting flight I was asked to buy a new ticket because it wasn't the fault of the airline, this was the first time I was facing this kind of situation, I immediately called the TM customer service and explained the situation and requested them to intervene and help me avoid the cost of buying a new ticket. The TM customer service team was also helpless and couldn't offer me a new ticket for free, they said it was my fault for not maintaining the correct time for entry. My only advise to people is don't travel during peak festival times with layovers as there's a high risk of missing a flight due to overcrowded airports. I'm not happy with TM customer service as they couldn't help me, I paid unnecessary airfare for a missed flight.

bnancyd
5/10/19

I cancelled my tickets within the 24 hour period of time to qualify for full refund, but the team at TM deducted $100 from the total airfare. After a call to the customer service they tell me that the amount refunded from them was the right amount, it took me 15 minutes to explain and make the agent understand that there was a mistake from their end.

The total amount I paid for the Business class roundtrip and was charged a cancellation fee even though I paid the $ 15 optional 24 hour cancellation fee which entitles a customer to get refund without TM cancellation charges. The TM customer agent finally admitted that they made a mistake and apologized, although I got my overcharged $100 back, I was not too happy with this kind of a mistake from a travel site like TM, I'd expect the team at TM to not repeat such mistakes in the future. Also I would not expect such huge delays, please revamp your procedures and try to answer the customer proactively, I really fought with the agent to make him understand that it was their mistake. Another issue I faced was I didn't receive any kind of confirmation about the credit of the overcharged amount back into my account and they took 2 months to credit the amount that was wrongly charged.

The team at TM is slow to respond and half the time their toll free line is busy attending other customers. Come on Wake up TM, please give better service and don't let the customer suffer this way. I'm really pissed off with their bad service, only 2 stars rating for all this trouble.

aselit
5/9/19

The customer service experience at TravelMerry is awesome. I could easily order my special meals by calling the 24 x7 customer service, the agent was so polite, he patiently listened to what I had to say and he made a note of it. In just 2 days I received a confirmation email from Cathay Pacific, my airline carrier that my special meal request has been confirmed from their end. The customer service agent also called me back and informed me about it.

sevann4
5/3/19

Travel Merry is not showing many deals on connecting flights with stopovers, I recently wanted to take a holiday in Hong Kong on way to Delhi (DEL) from Los Angeles (LAX).

I was not so happy about the choice of airlines and flight deals I got for my requirement. I request TM to give more choices for connecting flights operating across LAX to DEL.

I'm expecting a little more on the connecting flights option as other travel sites offered better deals, I have been your patron since the last 2 years, whenever I have a business or a holiday requirement I keep coming back to TM for finding the best deals, but this is the only time I have been let down. TravelMerry please do something about connecting flight destinations.

gabriellam21
4/30/19

Travel Merry was very late in refunding my flight fare because of the cancellation that resulted from the airline. I was supposed to fly to Amsterdam last March from Boston but I just couldn't perform my travel because the scheduled flight was canceled, I received an email from the airline that they would be refunding the cancelled flight fare to TM and I should be contacting TravelMerry for further updates on the refund amount. The customer service agents at TravelMerry didn't respond well, they were always assuring me of my refund amount but very slow to action. It took almost a month for me to receive the funds back into my account.

zonialt
4/24/19

TravelMerry is a genuine place to buy your cheap international flight tickets! I purchased my tickets last summer for a leisure trip to Dubai and I received my flight itinerary and e-tickets in my e-mail and they have sent periodic updates on my flight. Travel Merry has a lot of awesome cheap travel deals and they deliver what they promise.

markm1186
4/22/19

Made me wait to reject my purchase until it increased in price. I don't understand why they advertise low prices they don't intend on honoring.

zoelek
4/16/19

I have faced a minor problem while booking my flight tickets on TravelMerry but it was resolved very soon. It was a Sunday morning, I just got hold of my laptop and logged into the TM website, it just took 10 min for me to find the best airfare to Istanbul, got an amazing economy roundtrip fare I must say that! However the problem started popping up during the booking process, after selecting the deal when I was paying the fare with my credit card, I encountered a bad payment gateway, my transaction failed the first time probably because the site was too slow. I called the TravelMerry 24 x 7 customer line to confirm if they received the payment, the agent on the other end was kind, polite and he said it would take 2 working days for confirmation of the transaction. The good thing about TM is they are genuine and 100% reliable, just as promised I heard from the agent that my card wasn't charged and that I could book my tickets again. I was glad that everything was smooth but my advice to TM is they have to optimize their site for higher browsing speeds.

josiahl16
4/11/19

I was flying Economy class on a low cost airline from Los Angeles to Amsterdam via Stockholm. I took off from LAX airport smoothly and after a delayed flight I reached Stockholm for a stopover. I was supposed to catch a connecting flight to Amsterdam at 10: 30 am but unfortunately I missed the flight because of the delayed outbound flight from LAX. I just didn't have enough time to move around in the airport from terminal to terminal. I simply called the 24 x 7 customer line of Travel Merry and informed about missing the scheduled connecting flight due to late landing. The customer service guy escalated the issue with the airline and just within a matter of 20 min I was given a new ticket for my final destination. Saved me from a lot of mess!

mesonv
4/9/19

TravelMerry is not offering last minute flight deals. I expect to see a last minute flight section on your website in the future. I am a regular patron of TM and most of the times I see a lot of cheap international flight deals and I did buy a few of them in the past. Take note of this TM! We want to see last minute travel deals too.From my end suggestion is add last minute flight deals too....

rubyco
4/8/19

I got a cheap outbound flight from Washington D.C to London. I saved tons of money by booking my tickets with TM.
TravelMerry is one of the best online travel websites to find all the cheap deals.

chap2
4/7/19

I purchased my tickets for an outbound trip from Chicago to London. I was receiving periodic trip updates about my flight journey from TravelMerry. I had a connecting flight to London via Amsterdam and to my bad luck the connecting flight at Amsterdam stopover got delayed due to some technical snag and we had to wait for hours together at the Amsterdam airport.I must Thank TravelMerry for their regular flight updates on the change of the Terminal and gate for my transit flight. This saved a lot of time for me and I could easily catch my flight to London.

vigneshwarg
4/7/19

They will send you an email with confirmation number after you book the ticket. After couple of days they will send you an email saying that the ticket price changed at the time of your booking and was not confirmed. TICKET WAS NOT BOOKED!!!!!

williaml473
4/4/19

I had a bad experience with the customer service team. I remember calling their customer service for a change in my flight travel dates. The TravelMerry agent was trying his best to help me with the change of dates. Finally after following up for 3 long days I received the changed itinerary with my new travel dates. I was expecting a much faster service from Travel Merry.

benzn
4/4/19

Travel Merry website is very user friendly and has very good flight options at decent rates. If you are looking for cheap international flight tickets from the US to the rest of the world then TM is the right place. It has awesome deals at very competitive prices. I will give 5 stars to TM. 100% satisfaction guaranteed.

piper
4/2/19

TravelMerry has cheap holiday package deals. I receive regular notifications from them because I signed up for their push notifications.I find their deals irresistible, you just can't let go of these. I was waiting for a nice weekend holiday package to London from New York and I got the best deal from TravelMerry and saves a lot of bucks. Sign into TravelMerry today to receive awesome deals. I will give 5 star rating.

jaxone1
3/21/19

Paris was a long overdue trip that I was planning in quite some time now. Travelling to Paris was a big-deal in the past but now there are a lot of quality airlines that offer cheap flight tickets to Paris. I got a cheap 2 way Paris bound ticket from NYC for just 1100 USD which was scheduled for journey on Jan 5 2019. I had a great buying experience with TravelMerry, however I had to cancel my ticket the next day because of an emergency at work. I simply called the TM 24 x 7 Customer Service and they assisted me swiftly and promptly and I was able to cancel my booked flight journey at no extra cost and I received a full refund. All this was possible because I paid an optional 15 USD at the booking time that assures the customer of cancellation at no extra fees within 24 hours of the booking time. TravelMerry has kept its promise of 24 hour cancellation policy and I'm completely satisfied with them. Otherwise I would have paid extra cancellation fees of 150USD for just getting the ticket cancelled. Overall I want to give 4 star rating to TM.

ciarand4
12/22/18

I booked a flight from CA to Ireland over the summer through this site (found on Skyscanner). It had the cheapest tickets by far, so I was somewhat skeptical especially given the numerous $#*!ty reviews you've no doubt read by now. All I can do is talk to my experience, so it's possible they have varying quality standards.

Anyway, booked, received a confirmation email 24 hours later, and am currently sitting in the airport on the second leg of the flight, so really nothing major went wrong. There was something odd when I tried to check in last night (the airline's website wouldn't let me), but after I called they said there were a few reasons that that might happen and one was a technical glitch on their end. I was able to check in online this morning before my flight. If you're worried at all I would just call the airline direct after you receive your confirmation email to confirm directly with them that you have your flights.

ma145
9/12/18

The worst ticket buying experience! I got an expensive flight because the travel time was very short, it was important to me. Then they changed my tickets and I was arriving at my destination 3 hours later. The same ticket with the same long travel time was twice as cheap on expedia! The only reason why I got this expensive ticket is because I wanted to arrive earlier!! I was on the phone with them for two days asking to cancel my flight and give me my money back. They even asked me to call the airline myself but gave me a number from some warehouse instead. Scammers! Stay away!!! My husband is a lawyer he will be taking this further because I asked him to. Hopefully he will close down this little "merry" scam shop!

samm310
8/18/18

Simply I bought a flight 2 months in for the day to take off. 24 hours before the flight i logged in the airline website to check in, and the flight not appearing. i called the airlines they told me the flight have been canceled 2 months ago and they have nothing to do with me ad want me to call the travel agent.

i called them all they can say SORRY, but they can give offer me to buy another flight and my refund for the cancelled flight will take up to 3 months to get back to my accounts.
what about the hotel i booked, car rental, taking vacation days from work again they are rearrrrrrrrrrrrly sorry!
its a group of Indian that will still your money and just bla bla bla bla worst experience of 2018 and never again!

rachellr
8/14/18

Against better judgement of these reviews I booked a super cheap flight overseas with Travel Merry. I received my itinerary about a day after booking and everything looks kosher. I was able to confirm my flight with the airlines no problem. No unusual activity on my credit card either! So far so good! I will update if any issues arise!

matthewl184
7/31/18

I thought I would chime in here to help others make educated decisions when buying from Travel Merry.

I bought a ticket via TravelMerry recently that clearly stated that one check-in bag was allowed per adult. I was surprised to find later that the ticket did not allow any baggage. Thankfully, I had taken a screenshot of the page before checkout and thought everything would be taken care of.

Boy, was I surprised. They refused to honor what their website said. They told me there were two ** near it that indicated no luggage. However, nowhere on the checkout page or the T&C (which I read) did it tell me what the ** meant. I thought it was supposed to link to somewhere that showed the weight allowed, or some kind of error. At the end of the day, it said check-in baggage: pc/adult and that's all I cared about.

I had double checked with the airline to make sure that economy got 1 bag, so I thought I had crossed my t's and dotted my i's. Unfortunately it turns out despite being labeled on the website as an economy ticket, they were trying to sell me an economy light ticket under the guise of a regular economy ticket. Once again, I had screenshots to prove this.

Think they were willing to give me the baggage? Nope. Think they were willing to give me a refund? Nope again.

After probably 20 emails back and forth and an hour or two on the phone, despite them admitting they understood why someone might be confused by their unclear (that's a kind word - scummy?) practices, they could do nothing for me, even when presented with definitive proof.

They ripped me off for $120 worth of baggage fees. Daylight robbery.

erm2
5/27/18

best service I've ever experienced with travelmerry. good support to process the bookings and got tickets very soon quick resolution to the queries

akhilt
4/26/18

The worst service I have ever come across. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THESE PEOPLE ARE SCAMMERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obviously, the website showed the least price among the possible options and after the purchase was made, I got an email mentioning : " Your Booking is being processed, But there seems to a problem with your Payments. Kindly Call us on 1-678-666-2865 to confirm your payments"

I tried reaching them multiple times, but none lifts the damn call. Finally after multiple attempts, I was able to speak to a representative and this is after 5 hours of booking. The person on phone said that the booking might get processed by the end of that day, so I decided to wait. I called them back again after literally 20hours and what I get to hear is that the seat is that the reservation is still not processed. I decided to speak with the manager and after a 2-hour wait I got a call from the manager(who was outright rude btw). After 22 hours of waiting and my credit card transaction stuck with them, what I get to hear is that they were always aware that the ticket won't be available and they just kept my reservation on hold so that in-case someone cancels their ticket & airline offers the same price again. Seriously????

Obviously, during this waiting period, the tickets prices have gone up and now I have to pay double the charge.

Lesson learned! Never ever I am gonna book with them again.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!

joshuac74
1/8/18

Never book with Travel Merry. I tried to book two tickets to Ireland last year. They were going to be pretty cheap, so it made sense to gamble with a weird site. They confirmed ONLY ONE ticket. I called to find out what happened to the other and they said it would confirm soon. Just over 24 hours later, I got an email saying the second was CANCELLED. When I called, they said it would cost TWICE THE FLIGHT COST to cancel the ticket and about the same to book the second ticket for my wife. So I had the choice of flying separately from my wife or pay double the advertised price. Thank goodness Chase agreed it was FRAUD and withdrew the charge. Over a year later, I started getting harassed by TravelMerry about cancelling their charge by people who are misrepresenting what happened, as if I just wanted to add on a ticket.

SO, book Travel Merry if you want to NOT get the flight and then have them try to get you to pay Double for flights, and then harass you. That is the Travel Merry business model.

There are many reliable tour companies. Depending on your budget, you will find one that will suit your needs. I would suggest you use a reliable travel agent in your home city who can direct you,

By George A.

Questions? Get answers from the TravelMerry staff and other customers.

1 Photo for TravelMerry