Review of TravelMerry

Tel: +1-678-666-2853
support@travelmerry.com

ciarand4
12/22/18

I booked a flight from CA to Ireland over the summer through this site (found on Skyscanner). It had the cheapest tickets by far, so I was somewhat skeptical especially given the numerous $#*!ty reviews you've no doubt read by now. All I can do is talk to my experience, so it's possible they have varying quality standards.

Anyway, booked, received a confirmation email 24 hours later, and am currently sitting in the airport on the second leg of the flight, so really nothing major went wrong. There was something odd when I tried to check in last night (the airline's website wouldn't let me), but after I called they said there were a few reasons that that might happen and one was a technical glitch on their end. I was able to check in online this morning before my flight. If you're worried at all I would just call the airline direct after you receive your confirmation email to confirm directly with them that you have your flights.

ma145
9/12/18

The worst ticket buying experience! I got an expensive flight because the travel time was very short, it was important to me. Then they changed my tickets and I was arriving at my destination 3 hours later. The same ticket with the same long travel time was twice as cheap on expedia! The only reason why I got this expensive ticket is because I wanted to arrive earlier!! I was on the phone with them for two days asking to cancel my flight and give me my money back. They even asked me to call the airline myself but gave me a number from some warehouse instead. Scammers! Stay away!!! My husband is a lawyer he will be taking this further because I asked him to. Hopefully he will close down this little "merry" scam shop!

samm310
8/18/18

Simply I bought a flight 2 months in for the day to take off. 24 hours before the flight i logged in the airline website to check in, and the flight not appearing. i called the airlines they told me the flight have been canceled 2 months ago and they have nothing to do with me ad want me to call the travel agent.

i called them all they can say SORRY, but they can give offer me to buy another flight and my refund for the cancelled flight will take up to 3 months to get back to my accounts.
what about the hotel i booked, car rental, taking vacation days from work again they are rearrrrrrrrrrrrly sorry!
its a group of Indian that will still your money and just bla bla bla bla worst experience of 2018 and never again!

rachellr
8/14/18

Against better judgement of these reviews I booked a super cheap flight overseas with Travel Merry. I received my itinerary about a day after booking and everything looks kosher. I was able to confirm my flight with the airlines no problem. No unusual activity on my credit card either! So far so good! I will update if any issues arise!

matthewl184
7/31/18

I thought I would chime in here to help others make educated decisions when buying from Travel Merry.

I bought a ticket via TravelMerry recently that clearly stated that one check-in bag was allowed per adult. I was surprised to find later that the ticket did not allow any baggage. Thankfully, I had taken a screenshot of the page before checkout and thought everything would be taken care of.

Boy, was I surprised. They refused to honor what their website said. They told me there were two ** near it that indicated no luggage. However, nowhere on the checkout page or the T&C (which I read) did it tell me what the ** meant. I thought it was supposed to link to somewhere that showed the weight allowed, or some kind of error. At the end of the day, it said check-in baggage: pc/adult and that's all I cared about.

I had double checked with the airline to make sure that economy got 1 bag, so I thought I had crossed my t's and dotted my i's. Unfortunately it turns out despite being labeled on the website as an economy ticket, they were trying to sell me an economy light ticket under the guise of a regular economy ticket. Once again, I had screenshots to prove this.

Think they were willing to give me the baggage? Nope. Think they were willing to give me a refund? Nope again.

After probably 20 emails back and forth and an hour or two on the phone, despite them admitting they understood why someone might be confused by their unclear (that's a kind word - scummy?) practices, they could do nothing for me, even when presented with definitive proof.

They ripped me off for $120 worth of baggage fees. Daylight robbery.

erm2
5/27/18

best service I've ever experienced with travelmerry. good support to process the bookings and got tickets very soon quick resolution to the queries

akhilt
4/26/18

The worst service I have ever come across. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THESE PEOPLE ARE SCAMMERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obviously, the website showed the least price among the possible options and after the purchase was made, I got an email mentioning : " Your Booking is being processed, But there seems to a problem with your Payments. Kindly Call us on 1-678-666-2865 to confirm your payments"

I tried reaching them multiple times, but none lifts the damn call. Finally after multiple attempts, I was able to speak to a representative and this is after 5 hours of booking. The person on phone said that the booking might get processed by the end of that day, so I decided to wait. I called them back again after literally 20hours and what I get to hear is that the seat is that the reservation is still not processed. I decided to speak with the manager and after a 2-hour wait I got a call from the manager(who was outright rude btw). After 22 hours of waiting and my credit card transaction stuck with them, what I get to hear is that they were always aware that the ticket won't be available and they just kept my reservation on hold so that in-case someone cancels their ticket & airline offers the same price again. Seriously????

Obviously, during this waiting period, the tickets prices have gone up and now I have to pay double the charge.

Lesson learned! Never ever I am gonna book with them again.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!

joshuac74
1/8/18

Never book with Travel Merry. I tried to book two tickets to Ireland last year. They were going to be pretty cheap, so it made sense to gamble with a weird site. They confirmed ONLY ONE ticket. I called to find out what happened to the other and they said it would confirm soon. Just over 24 hours later, I got an email saying the second was CANCELLED. When I called, they said it would cost TWICE THE FLIGHT COST to cancel the ticket and about the same to book the second ticket for my wife. So I had the choice of flying separately from my wife or pay double the advertised price. Thank goodness Chase agreed it was FRAUD and withdrew the charge. Over a year later, I started getting harassed by TravelMerry about cancelling their charge by people who are misrepresenting what happened, as if I just wanted to add on a ticket.

SO, book Travel Merry if you want to NOT get the flight and then have them try to get you to pay Double for flights, and then harass you. That is the Travel Merry business model.

mb258
11/27/17

Booked me on AirBerlin when they knew it was going bankrupt. AirBerlin cancelled all long haul flights from the US...AirBerlin refunded them my ticket price, yet they refuse to credit my credit card. What a scam!! They refuse to respond to the BBB and to Visa regarding the matter. How they are even in business is beyond me. Liars, cheats and frauds. Stay away!!!.

johnm1233
11/27/17

Hey everyone,

So after reading all the reviews here and on the other websites as well about TravelMerry I decided Im gonna give it a try and put the tickets on my American Express.
Worst case scenario, Ill call AE and cancel the charges if things don't go through.
To my pleasant surprise I got a fantastic deal that was legit and Im very happy with the overall experience.
Here are some details:

- Bought two return tickets from Chicago to Hungary at $360 each (in September). Yes, you are reading it correctly. It was too good to be true but it was true. I checked with my airlines and they confirmed that both tickets are good (United Airlines + Austrian Airlines). Went to Hungary, came back with my wife, no problems at all.

Bottom line, if you are unsure like I was I'd say give it a try by using your credit card.
I travel internationally quite a bit so Im definitely going to use TravelMerry again.
My advice - if you are not sure if you can make the dates you originally booked then don't risk it with TravelMerry. But if you know your dates rock solid in advance go for it.

Best of luck!

joshuac69
9/18/17

I wish we could leave negative stars. This company has the worst customer service I have ever experienced. Unfortunately we didn't read up on them before booking our tickets. We have already spent at least 20 hours on the phone with them, trying to work out mistakes and accomplish simple tasks. They will not honor prices or information that they have given you. There is no way you will ever be able to speak to a supervisor (as they always seem to conveniently be on a call or in a meeting...) Save yourself the trouble and go elsewhere. Don't think that because a ticket price is low that it is worth the good deal. I would have gladly paid more for our tickets and been spared the headache and wasted time.

daniels334
9/6/17

You are the worst! I hope you will run out of business ASAP for everyone s best.
Worst indian customer service who dont know english.
So before thinking of calling them take a couple indian classes.
They never call you back.
I had to pay an extra $3.5k which i work very hard for it because of this idiots that work there.
Please dont book with them. Let them run out of business.
Travelmerry i wish you all the worst.

vincentm57
8/28/17

This is my first time booking tickets through Travel Merry.
I have purchased my ticket for Oct-13th and returning Oct-16th. I had an unexpected event and would like to move it to Nov 3rd and they charge me $300 fee for change the date. That is like buying a brand new ticket.

Never had this kind of experience with CheapOAir, Priceline. I would never use them again.

joannas33
8/1/17

Don't ever use them. No phone call has been returned. Big issue with the spelling mistake on the ticket, went from bad to worse.

dianes182
7/5/17

We booked our flights to Germany for 6 months .We did not realize we needed a Visa along with our passport. When we were told by the agent at the airport . I called Travel Merry and spoke to an agent,
his name is Randy Thomas and he went above and beyond his duties to help us figure this problem out. Thanks to Randy,we rescheduled our flights for three months instead . No Visa needed . He assured me that things were going to work out ! I' m so glad that Travel Merry
hires people to work with such Great Customer Service Skills ! My husband and I intend to use Travel Merry again for future trips ! Thanks again Randy Thomas!

spencerp6
5/11/17

There was an overall sale in European flights
yesterday. I was linked to Travelmerry as the cheapest offer online. I try to book, and at 4 am the night after I recieve an email saying they can't process my transaction. I try again and again and again. Call them and they say keep trying. Then I email them and they inform me the airline can't confirm the tickets, please book directly with them" . By then the Europe sale was gone at every legitimate travel site. And they still have the wrong price listed.

georgea80
7/21/16

Today, I was browsing for fares to Amsterdam using Kayak. I like Kayak as I can see every airlines price, and I can choose the airlines that suit me. When I was being directed to the :Luthansa site, Travel Merry popped up at just about $200 less for the same flights. I never heard of them. I then opened Lufthansa's site and there is no such fare. This should be a warning. I am retired, but I worked in the travel industry for 40 years. Only airlines set prices, and travel agents cannot charge less. After reading the reviews on here, this is a way for them to get your credit card info and then charge the actual price. If one is not is buying the tickets directly form an airline or a trusted travel agent, I say buyer beware. Ifthe price is low, that should be a red flag.

mollym29
6/21/16

They immediately called after I booked and said my airline changed. They also called a few hours later and told me the price went up! Then they wanted to charge me $50 to cancel after all of this. This company is a big mistake. DO NOT USE.

anaw8
5/12/16

SCAM COMPANY!!!

They were lowest price tickets! so I purchased my ticket. 30 min later they call and said they had issue with my credit card and needed more information. I 3 way called credit card company and my credit card confirmed that they already approved the ticket purchase, then TravelMerry started back peddling the reason for their call. So after TM confirmed that they received everything they needed, they then called me back another 45 min later to say they needed another $300 as the airfare went up! I told them to cancel the purchase all together and now I need to wait 3 days to make sure they release the INITIAL APPROVED CHARGE!!!

jessier12
9/3/15

Seriously the worst company I have ever dealt with. The customer service agents speak terrible english and are of very little help. This flight was booked for 1420 through SkyScanner, and was then changed by Travel Merry to 0750... no way we could have made the time change work for us. The flight was non changeable... non-refundable... nothing. Our credit card was also compromised a few days after booking through the site. Please do not give them business and continue to allow them to do this.

There are many reliable tour companies. Depending on your budget, you will find one that will suit your needs. I would suggest you use a reliable travel agent in your home city who can direct you,

By George A.

Questions? Get answers from the TravelMerry staff and other customers.

TravelMerry?