Review of Torrid

Tel: 1-866-867-7431
torridonline@torrid.com

heatherp147
5/14/19

The last time I was on the website I had a little problem. I was hitting add to cart and it would say it did but it was not in my cart. Some of my things would go into the cart but not everything. Other than that I have never had a problem and I love shopping there. There are always a few coupons avaible or there is always something good in the clearance section.

stephanier305
4/30/19

I purchased 4 summer kimono type jackets and they all fit diffrently. None if them fit. I had to pay 12.oo to send it alk back. Never again.

brandis69
4/18/19

I have purchased a couple thousand dollars in clothing in store and online at Torrid. The only article that is in tact still is my leather bomb jacket. Everything else is tattered, have come apart at the seams, unraveled, have broken zippers (cheap plastic), broken clasps or buttons, and fringed. Whether it's a cotton tee or tailored slacks I have experienced one of these issues with everything I have purchased. Now let me be clear on how I wash and wear my clothing. I either don't wash it and wear for short periods and immediately hang it up when done. Or I was in cold water and hang or flat dry my clothing. I also tend to wear my clothing loose so squeezing into a fit is not the issue either. Let's face it even if I was the cause for these mishaps it wouldn't be to everything I have purchased with Torrid, and if my habits with how I wear and care for them is the issue then why do I not experience this with any other retail clothing line? In my opinion Wal-Mart carries a better quality of clothing on it's racks.

Customer Service is no help either as I was refused a return on a lace top that literally feel apart before I even made it out of the house. I had absolutely no time at all to enjoy that beautiful shirt. And why did it fall apart? It was poorly made!

I have called and written Torrid headquarters to no avail. But their service provider for their credit department Commenity Bank doesn't skip a beat in sending me a bill every month for clothing I can not wear. And if you want proof well, I have a box full of clothing to prove my claims.

jenniferl559
4/10/19

I purchased items online and had them shipped to my house. One of the items was a bikini top which I allegedly "stained" with deodorant. They sent the product back and rejected my return, even though the top does not fit. Not sure how I'm supposed to try on my purchases without risking hygienic product residue. Also not sure what the difference is between trying on a bikini top in store and leaving deodorant residue, and ordering it online and sending it back the next day after trying it on for 15 seconds. 10/10 would not recommend. Also, TERRIBLE customer service. Yikes. Will NEVER purchase an item from this company EVER again. Terrible business practices. Completely unethical.

sharonk214
4/10/19

I ordered items from Torrid 5 months ago and to this date they have still never arrived. I called Torrid 12 times to try and cancel the order and they assured me they had cancelled it and would issue a refund. 2 months later and I am still waiting for it. When I called this evening i was informed that I owed torrid money?!? Even though they had debited my account (and I have the bank statements to prove this) and the goods did not arrive. I will never ever ever order any items from this company! they are the absolute worst.

seywaerdo
3/29/19

Absolutely hands down the worst online shopping experience/ customer service I have ever in my life experienced. Torrid just lost a long time customer. Will never again do business with them again.

patriciam607
1/4/19

Purchased $165 and talked into opening an account. All merchandise purchased on this new account was returned 2 weeks later; however, my account was only credited $33.00. Sadly, and much like the Cavanaugh hearinging, I am supposed to prove my innocence with this dispute although they can see the transactions in question.

DO YOUR JOB
After six phone calls and empty promises by the bank to resolve, I have been wrongly reported to credit bureau and I have taken action to write to the Attorney General's Office and all credit bureau's.

I cannot warn you enought - DO NOT GET INTO BED WITH EITHER OF THESE BUSINESSES

topsyk
12/7/18

About a week ago I placed an order for 2 items during the buy one, get one 75% off. A few days later I got an email saying one of the items were no longer in stock so that item was canceled. I called them right after reading the email, and ended up buying a different item with the 75% off. Two days after that I received another email now saying that that item was canceled due to it being out of stock.

Now I wasn't upset the first time, things happen and the lady I spoke to was very nice... But two times... Seriously? When I called back the second time I wasn't a happy camper. I was told the same thing the like the first time, but this time I didn't want anything else except for the 75% to be honored when the shoes came back into stock. The guy was nice, but I didn't feel like he could give me that 100% guarante. I mean how many times is someone told one thing, and then something else when they go back to do/order something. So I asked to speak to a supervisor, because I wanted to make sure that I will still get that 75%. Here is where it got good.

I waited on the phone for not 1 hour.. Nono... Not 2 hours.. No that's to easy... I waited for 2 and 1/2 hours. Listen I am determined sometimes, and this was one of those times. It felt like a game to me, so I made it one. I posted on my fb about my little game. People enjoyed it, my neck however was hating me by the 2 hour make. Finally I get a supervisor, he put a note on my original order, told me when I order the item to call them and ask for him. He also gave me a gift card for my troubles. I didn't tell him that I made it into a game.

Moral of the story... I guess is when you order via torrid online.. Be aware that you might not get it, and that being persistent pays off in the end.

michelet60
11/29/18

I too have spent thousands of dollars a month at Torrid. I have three
shipments coming that total around $600. I was trying to take advantage
of the Cyber Monday deal. For the second time in a row I was able to
order an item only to have them remove it from order because they didn't
have it. How bad of a business do you have to be to not know your
inventory? Needless to say I am returning everything I have ordered the
last 60 days, which is a loooooot. I complained via torrid twice, asked
to be provided the sale discount for another item to replace it. Was
told no the first time and no response at all the last time. Good luck
with your business, you have just lost another very valuable customer. I
have never had this happen with anything I have ordered at Lane Bryant,
Amazon, Womans World and Romans. Guess they will be getting all my
money from now on

aprilm171
10/9/18

I've had my charge card for almost 3 years and get a letter that they lowered my credit limit, are you kidding me!! I spent over 340 dollars on my charge card last month alone and paid it off in full in a month!! Guess paying customers isn't what Torrid actually wants!! Won't be spending another dime in this store again

mh300
9/16/18

Do not ever order online from Torrid. I placed an online order two weeks ago and still have not received the merchandise. Customer service has been no help. All they tell me is that they are sorry it's taking so long and they are still processing the order. Seriously? Who takes this long just to process and not even ship? I don't even want the merchandise anymore.

kimk207
9/5/18

If I could give 0 stars I would. "Supervisor " hung up on me, I guess because I was angry for being lied to, ordered cancelled twice, even after bank authorization, and told that I gave fraudulent info,, kind of think I had a right to be angry. Don't waste your time!

bethb170
9/1/18

They charged me $88 for shipping then cancelled one of my items, in spite of it still being available at a higher price on their website, as the result of a "website glitch" (their words). They didn't refund me the portion of shipping involved, and when I asked if they could just send the dress, as it is in fact available, they said I could call back and re-order it. I live in Australia. I'm not available when they're open and international call costs are through the roof, let alone paying yet more exorbitant shipping. They could've solved this so easily by just adding the dress back to my order, or refunding part of my shipping.
Bunch of scam artists who don't give a damn.

caitlyns13
8/22/18

I love torrid beyond words can express. I have tried multiple stores in the past but something always was off, whether it was the quality of the material or just sizing issues, etc. I would have given Torrid 5 stars but I do wish that the pants were just a little cheaper than what they currently go for.

I have never personally had a shipping issue with any of my orders but I do know that I have tried on 3 different occasions to use my Torrid Credit Card and it seems like every time I am unable to do it, which when I online shop the total isn't that much so I just use my bank card. However, I would purchase more if I could use my torrid credit card. Not sure if it is necessarily a bad thing to not be able to use my card or not, considering it controls what I am actually buying/spending.

I recommend that if you have a large order though, it would be better to just go to the store if you can, and do smaller orders online.

elliew28
7/19/18

Most places have free shipping that arrives in 2-3 days. I had to pay for shipping and it took 2 weeks. The clothes are nice for younger women but the styles are mostly too young for me. They're also overpriced. However, I have a hard to find bra size and they had mine so I got one and since there was a sale, got a nice teal blouse, too, but was unhappy I had to wait so long for delivery.

pamelag47
7/16/18

Torrid is one of my favorite places to shop online. It's good to be a member so that they send you notifications of their sales. I cannot afford to shop their regular prices, which is why I gave it a 4 star rating. But their sales are great. I have purchased items on clearance for 75% off or sometimes buy one clearance item get one free. I am a 57 yr old woman, but these clothes make me feel young and hip. Of course I may look ridiculous to some people, but I don't care what people think of me. I would definitely recommend Torrid to everyone, no matter what age you are. You will definitely be pleased with anything you purchase.

alid38
5/9/18

The clothes are great, and with limited market for reasonably priced plus size clothing, they've cornered it. However, for about the last year I haven't been able to order from them since they now refuse to ship to non-billing addresses. I eventually changed my billing address so the two addresses are the same. When the payment was declined again, I called in. I live overseas, so these calls are not cheap. I waited almost an hour to get to someone who finally placed the order himself. It was cleared.

Two hours later I get an email saying the order has been cancelled. After 40 minutes on the phone with my bank I confirm that the charge was verified and went through, and within a few hours was reimbursed. It had nothing to do with my bank.

I call torrid again, another wait. Finally I'm told they need a third party call with my bank to verify my address since my visa card address has changed. Now, my bank, and visa, have verified this payment. Why on earth does Torrid require further verification? Furthermore, I have no intentions of making a third party call to my bank -who's first response is to ask security questions - with Torrid on the line. I feel this is a privacy violation and I trust both my bank and visa to regulate fraud on my account.

I am a platinum member with Torrid, and while I do love their clothes, the customer service is so horrific, and rude, that they just aggravate you into yelling at them. What clothing store has the right to request bank verification? That request comes from the banks who are far better equipped to detect fraud. And FYI, I'm from Canada, our privacy laws are far stricter, I'm pretty sure they would not appreciate the third party call either.

Torrid. fix your online ordering system.

nicolew97
5/1/18

To start, Torrid makes decent clothes in a very affordable price range. If you sign up for their rewards program, you will get a daily email that almost always has deals for online shopping. Sometimes everything online will be 40% off, sometimes 25% or they will run BOGO deals or another sale. If you catch the right sale you can really cut your total charge. But, you will have to deal with their online ordering which overrides anything decent and good about shopping there.

As far as their clothing I think its on par for what their price range is. I have a few sweaters that have held up for over two years now, and their denim also holds up well. I like their active wear but the pants and shirts I have did not hold up very well. I love the style of their skinny jeans but if you wear one of their smaller sizes ( 12 or their size 0), the leg holes tend to be a bit too large. Ive found their sizing to be pretty consistent in their denim and dresses, but for me the shirts have run large.

Our local Torrid is really tiny, and they generally seem to always be out of stock or low stock in the smaller sizes, and most of what you see online will not be easily found in store.

I needed new Spring clothing and liked quite a lot of items that I saw in their catalogue that was mailed to me, so I waited for their Haute Cash promotion and placed an order online. (Haute Cash promotions give you a $25 credit for every $50 you spend. You are given a limited time frame of when you can use your Haute Cash.) This was on April 11. It is now May 1st for reference.

My total came to just under $800. My mother was visiting from out of state at the time and being that my birthday was coming up, she wanted to pay for the order. We checked out online, everything seemed fine. Later that evening I had an email from Torrid stating that my order had been cancelled, no explanation why. They just direct you to call their customer service.

I called customer service the same evening, and ended up waiting on hold for over 20 minutes two different times, before hanging up. I was able to leave a message asking them to call me back instead. They called me back later that night and the issue was that the credit card used was not my own. To fix the problem, my mother just had to get on the line and they did a three way call with her bank to verify that it was in fact her using the card. That part went fine, but after that the rep had to redo the entire order, which took over an hour. We verified shipping info and that was it.

The next day, another rep called me and asked to confirm the shipping address again. I confirmed with her and then logged into my account to double check they had everything correct, which they did. A week passes by and I check my account to see what the order status is. At this time I had not received any actual confirmation that my order was officially processed or being processed etc, which is unusual. My order said that it was still processing.

At this point I start emailing customer service to ask about the time frame of processing orders. With the order I had earned over $350 in rewards, but since there is a limited time frame to actually use the rewards I was concerned I would lose them. I made a few inquiries and each time was told that the order was still processing.

By this point the order was made over two weeks ago, and I still had yet to receive a confirmation and it looked like it was still processing. I write to customer service a more detailed email about the issues. Days later I receive a call from them, asking yet again for my shipping address. Once I confirm my address, it comes out that the billing and shipping address have to be the same. WHAT?!?! Why were we not told this from the start, I have no idea. I shop online a lot and never had an issue sending things to other people, not even once.

The rep then tells me that since the shipping address would have to be changed to my mothers, who lives on the other side of the country, it would cause the system to force another bank verification, and my mother would need to take part in another three way call with her bank. By this point I am aggravated, and although I could have just switched it to my own payment info, I didnt want to have to go through an hour long call confirming each item in the order. I just called it a wash and let my mother know not to bother with any more verifications if she were called by Torrid. I assumed that was the end.

Yesterday, I had 5 or 6 emails from Torrid about items in my order being cancelled. I log onto my account to see what is going on, and see that the order is still there and the address has been changed to my mothers, who never heard from them or did another verification. I have now asked for them to cancel the whole order.

Their online ordering system is really archaic. Ordering clothes should never be so difficult - whether you are buying for yourself or someone else. Their communication is also pretty poor, and very slow. I do have to say that the reps I spoke to on the phone were great. Its not their fault but the system they have to work with.

Because of this experience I will no longer be a customer, and I would not recommend that anyone shop there, especially online.

alih60
4/23/18

I personally love this store. The prices are a bit outrageous though. Being a plus sized girl on a budget is tough, especially when a lot of their items are so beautiful, and look actually flattering, but the price is a little rough for me to swallow. Never had an issue with customer service/returns. I ordered online once, and selected the wrong dress. Not only did they happily return it for me, but matched the online cost i got with coupons and free shipping to store.

antoniaf1
4/12/18

I am sales shopper at Torrid. I usually find great deals and love their stuff. Plus their items hold up really well. You can't go wrong.

anony420
3/7/18

While I like most of the clothes at Torrid, the prices are outrageous. I get that it is a specialty store but that is no reason for the jeans to cost $70! I tried to order some clothes from there during a sale but it changed the price so dramatically that I decided against. They should make the clothes more affordable for the overweight women who are on a budget...or do a poor girl day where everything is on extreme sale. I can't shop there with prices as they are.

lynr24
3/5/18

Ordered $600/clothes for my daughter and paid $28 for expedited shipping twice (2 orders). They were supposed to come in 2 days, they came in 5 days. Emailed to ask for my shipping $ back and they gave me 1 $28 for one order. Then tried the stuff on and had to return 4 things - come to find out they reduced my return price by the shipping amount they refunded me. What? I still paid $28 for shipping and they reduced the amount I paid for the clothes by $7 bucks because of it. Then I had to send the stuff back - cost me $24 bucks. Then I requested a refund of the $28 expedited shipping on the second order. They gave me $23 bucks back. So paid $56 for shipping, got $44 back (in total) and then had to pay $24 to return the stuff. Definitely not worth shopping online. I gave them 2 stars because they did respond to emails.

ab5258
1/16/18

Absolutely love Torrid. No issues with funds ever, yes they can be a bit slow with orders, but they are always traceable and I am a International client. Deals are amazing if you can catch them like haute cash and other online 1 day promos. Returns take some time as well, but everything has been credited back with 1-2 months (this could be because of my location). Quality and one of a kind designs..especially for the girl with a little more ;)

melo426
12/29/17

I have had to call Torrid 4 times in the last 3 months regarding various orders. Once to place an order because their site would not allow me to use the coupons, I had to hold for over 30 minutes. The second time I held for over 20 minutes. Last week I had to email the about an order placed in November that I never received. Over a week later I finally get a response saying it didn't go through. It did because I had a confirmation and they had emailed me that one of my items was sold out and couldn't ship. Fine, this week I tried replacing my order using a Haute cash coupon they gave me with printed redemption dates of 10/6/17-1/9/18. The code wouldn't work online so I had to call again. I spoke to someone who clearly did not know how to listen, he kept repeating the same thing over and over. I asked for a supervisor 6 times, and was denied each time until I finally flipped out. He agreed to honor the coupon for me if I placed the order, so I did. $250 of which I was supposed to receive $100 off. I even sent a picture of the coupon to their email, which he didn't have access to... The order went through and then he tells me it will take a few minutes to show up and that I should call back. I did not just spend 30 minutes on this call to call back and go over it all again. He gave me his operator number and claimed his name was Nelson, and said if I sent an email again with the coupon and his name and operator number, they would honor it. Today I get the response saying they won't honor the coupon. I called. Poor girl.. She claims she tried to help, but Nelson didn't leave notes in my order. She supposedly spoke to a supervisor, they denied it as well. Now this order has shipped, which is a miracle considering their recent track record with ridiculously long shipping times of two weeks or more, so I'm stuck with all of it at a much higher cost than expected, or stuck paying to return all of it.

breonw
12/8/17

didn't received a tracking number item wasn't shipped until three weeks later customer service there is awful was told lies by the customer service rep and the manager just a awful experience if it could be zero stars that what I would give them

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

excellent question, mine as well. I hear they are not so good with returns, but hopefully, if we order the correct sizes, we won't have to....

By Wendi S.

Questions? Get answers from the Torrid staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Torrid