Review of Ticketmaster

Charleston, WV 25311
Tel: 1-800-745-3000

denisel88
2/19/18

I was on the website but did not understand why I could not see the seat #'s. I rarely order concert tickets. My first call the fella was rushing me to buy expensive tickets and I knew there had to be some a little cheaper. So I thanked him and hung up. I called a few minutes later and Michael Martinez assisted me. He explained why I could not see the seat #'s but assured me once I order the tickets I would see the seat #'s and they would be next to each other. He took the time to help me find good seats and they were less than the ones the first fella was rushing me to buy. Michael is the type of person you want to deal with and make the experience enjoyable by listening to the customers needs or request. Thank you again Michael.

jennym6
2/14/18

First, glad I took the time to look here. Maybe this is a blessing. There is a concert coming up this Sat I really want to see. Need 3 tickets, so I got to the theaters website, click the link which brings me to ticketmaster. Filled in their sign up form only to get an error "something went wrong." NO CLUE WHAT! How can I fix "something"? Now it's possible I used them once before, it would have been many years ago. So how about "that name already has an account" or some such thing? Nope, not a clue.
Tried calling them. "due to high call volume." and I'm given the option to use their automated ticket ordering thing, and why would I go through that if I already know "something went wrong?" OR visit their website. (now this one always gets me. WHY would I be CALLING if I could do something on your broken website???)
Or try again later and click. Cut right off. HOW do businesses stay in business when they can't get enough help to pick up the phone? Not even a call back option? Nothing? I tried later, got the same circle and click.

The theater box office of course is not open and doesn't take orders over the phone. SWELL!
While searching for another way to contact SOMEONE SOMEWHERE at ticket master, I started reading reviews. Horrible ones. Came here to sitejabber, and found even more. Maybe it's a good thing I never got through. I think I'll make an extra hour drive and just go buy them in person. Thanks to everyone before me who posted their horror stories. Probably saved me some money by not ordering online.

keithc77
2/13/18

I will never, ever use or recommend Ticketmaster to anyone. I was ripped off $500. I had ordered 4 tickets for a Feb 3 basketball game between UF vs Bama. Tickets were around $100 each. Purchased them and unknown until next day (Christmas morning) I was sold 2 tickets at $250 each. Everytime I called I had to wait a minimum of 30 minutes on hold. Ticketmaster would not refund the money and the website never allowed me to resell the tickets. I ended up going on Stub Hub, getting 4 great tickets at $80 a seat. I had to get 4 together because it was a Christmas present for my daughter and friends. I am still disgusted at the money I spent, but more disgusted with Ticketmaster as I explained my situation everytime I called. All I wanted was 4 seated together. I actually rate them a 0!

marciam36
1/30/18

A gigantic colossal rip off. Tickets to a show in Red Bank $50 each. Then, after, and only after hitting pay, Congratulations! An additional$14 charge per ticket for an email delivery. Ticketmaster fees are hidden.

ericac53
1/24/18

Got a presale code for Foo Fighters, tried several times to enter it, but TM wouldn't recognize the code. No tix for me!! Very angry right now.

kj250
12/27/17

I sold 3 Tickets on the Ticketmaster website. Just setting up the account to sell was a nightmare and required a phone call to their fan support line. My tickets sold on 12/9 and I received notification that the money would be deposited in my account within 7 working days. On the 7th day, I received another email asking me to sign in to my account and "verify" the bank account that would be credited, but there is not a "verify" or "edit" button on the Sell Tickets section. I have made 2 phone calls each lasting approximately 30 min. Today, I was told they were still working on it and that I had to understand that many of their staff members were taking vacation, so they did not know when the problem would be resolved or when I will receive my money they are still holding!

gitaf
12/6/17

If you buy tickets on-line or on phone and there is a problem or you want to resell them, good luck getting any service. You will spend hours on the phone looking for help and it won't come too soon!

peters376
12/4/17

Make it very difficult to resell. They want me to give up! Will never deal with them again. Is this 100 characters?

dennisc78
11/15/17

Purchased tickets several months ago for Bob Seger in Chicago 11/17. Two friends from out of town scheduled a trip to Chicago to see the event. By accident, when trying to see if even more tickets were available today for the Friday show, I couldn't find any and thought that was unusual, no tickets at any price. When I checked the Seger website I learned that OCTOBER 4 -six weeks ago Seger announced all future concerts were postponed for medical reasons. WHY WEREN'T THE TICKET PURCHASERS NOTIFIED !! No one else who was scheduled to go was notified. They have all the purchasers email and home addresses, yet Ticketmasted failed to send out any notices. I wouldn't want to be the parking lot attendants at the United Center on Friday to have to show the thousands of people who will be showing up only to be told the show was cancelled 6 weeks ago.

nancyh190
11/5/17

I bought tickets and selected the Go Mobile delivery option. I had an out of trip come up and needed to give my tickets to others at the last minute. The site does not allow you to change these to print at home. Additionally, they charged me $18.50 to send the tickets quickly which really will make it a challenge to get the tickets to my friends timely. Watch out for hidden fees and lack of disclosure about this limitation.

jp254
10/31/17

My email was lost, my credit card had been cloned so I had destroyed it. I could not get access to my concert tickets. I rang their helpline and they very quickly sent me an email attaching the tickets. Excellent service.

marym568
10/20/17

The minute I purchased tickets, the total came up at almost twice what the ticket price was due to added fees. Unbelievable! When I tried to cancel, I was on hold almost an hour total trying to get a live person to take charges off my credit card. I will never purchase from this company....beware!!!

kentl9
10/18/17

Yea people only leave a review when they had a crappy experience.....and I have had one with ticketmaster....so you can chalk it up as this guy getting frustrated and venting here because he spent 1.5 hours trying to figure out how to get tickets I have to my app.....I know I only got a 21 on the ACT, but you'd think I could figure this out....guess not.

bridief
9/20/17

I wanted to purchase real tickets for my husbands birthday for the NASCAR Race Loudon NH - I went to the speedways' website to buy the tickets so I could have the NASCAR tickets which everyone else and their sister seem to have in their possession. I paid the full face value PLUS fees PLUS shipping so I could have original NASCAR tickets only to get in the mail the generic Ticketmaster Tickets. I went onto the online chat for Ticketmaster and had someone by the name of Alfredo who told me that there was no where on their website that promised the real event tickets.... my retort was...you're right just as there is no where on the website that says you WON'T get them. He informed me that he didn't feel Ticketmaster should have to divulge that information when it's never an option to begin with. Then tried telling me that because I can't find the actual photos of the real tickets on their website that they aren't available but I know several people that have them not to mention had I known that I couldn't get the tickets the right way I would have gone to the track on Sunday and gotten what I wanted to begin with for probably 250 dollars less. He told me to take it up with the Speedway and they do not feel they misrepresented at all what I would be getting. Then gives me 2 phone numbers that aren't accepting phone calls. Not happy with Ticketmaster and will never again buy from them....ever.

brendanf5
9/19/17

I purchased two tickets for tonight U2 show in Phoenix about two months ago , At the time I thought they were expensive but I wanted to take my daughter to see them before they stopped touring.
Today the tickets are 1/3 of the price I paid from Ticketmaster and after contacting them I was basically told they will not be giving refunds.
I have been going to concerts for as long as i can remember and this Dynamic Pricing is to me a total scalper move. Next time Im going to take my chances and buy from some shady guy in a trench coat at least he will look you in the eye as he rips you off.

Disgusting and the bands and venues that support these companies need to rethink their strategy.

Bono you left your fellow country man down ,,,

travisc34
8/26/17

I just bought tickets to the upcoming Garth Brooks world tour. I was having major trouble buying just two tickets. I tried three different ways. Thru the app, online computer, and phone each time would not let me. Finally had to buy both tickets separately causing me and person I'm going with set in two different spots. On top of that due to app I accidently bought ticket for the show on the 5th that I do not need. It would not let me refund online and when I called representative said no refunds so I'm out $80 which is $#*!

jimmyp36
8/18/17

I select tickets from the concert venue's site, who sends me to ticketmaster. They have me create an account and enter my credit card and when I go to confirm my account, it also purchases $200 the tickets without my confirmation. I wait on hold with their customer service line for 45 minutes only to be told they cannot refund me and that I was lying to them.

bincaj
7/14/17

$15 for bloody fees!!!! Are you serious? Buy two tickets and have to pay Ticketmaster $30 for what!!!!???? It's ridiculous. I'm not buying the tickets to the show because of them. I hope they realise this would be the same for a lot of people. Screw Ticketmaster for ripping people off it's actually a joke!!!

sylviep1
6/25/17

My only comment would be about the clarification that it is ok to load the tickets to enter into the Stadium on the mobile.
We didn't know if We had to print the tickets or not.

Anyway We appréciâted a lot and We enjoyed the game.

karenf122
6/25/17

beverages are too expensive really could be more economically priced. parking lots dangerous with large stones. walkways,steps blocked with patrons ,dark, trouble exciting lawn.people sitting in front of chain ,where I thought that it wasn't allowed!!!!!!.

candiceb26
6/17/17

Has anyone got 2 tickets for $40 a peice, pick the section and row you want and do standard mail and it get messed up or have a problem with it not showing up to your address?

sarahl222
5/23/17

Purchased tickets to deep purple in Detroit right when they went on sale, even picked out my seats at the venue that I have frequented many times. Reviewed my order over and purchased. Receipt printed out, only to be for a show in Virginia! I called and after being on hold for 40 min, was told they could not refund me because they were resale tickets! I never clicked anything for resale and not to mention the obvious fact that I don't live in Virginia and that's not even what I clicked to buy. The woman on the phone says my situation happens all the time. If that's true, then this has to be some kind of scam on their website. I know what I bought and I did not pick out seats for a completely different venue and a different date altogether. Now I'm have to resell these tickets in hopes to get my money back, meanwhile Ticketmaster will even make money on those tickets as well! This crap can't be legal! And after reading other reviews, I feel like a newscaster should be contacted. Something is totally wrong with this company

jans147
5/21/17

I paid $600.00 for tickets to the Move Beyond Tour at the Smart Financial Center in Sugarland, Texas on May 19th. These tickets were for the meet and greet package with opportunity to purchase collectibles, etc. I repeatedly emailed ticketmaster asking the time of the meet and greet session. I was told I would receive that information the week prior to the event. I did not receive and calling the Smart Financial Center resulted in no answer even though I called up to 6pm the day of the event. The people next to us had attended the event and said they received a text message with the time. (I have received text messages with available tickets for upcoming events, nothing for this one) I believe they are selling more tickets than they can accommodate and are just randomly selecting who gets notified. I am filing a complaint with the Attorney General's office for the State of Texas and urge anyone else who has had this issue to do the same. If the state gets enough complaints they will investigate and hopefully ticketmaster will be kicked out of Texas.

teria19
5/5/17

I tried to get Harry styles tickets this morning they made me waited two minutes b4 i got on the site it's deviating so by the the time I got on the site the tickets were gone I'm sure they don't like us buying tickets the hinder fans so I rate Ticketmaster no stars cos they don't deserve that.

tobakd
5/3/17

After waiting 5 month and paying for postage charges as well still didnt got my ticket. After more then 30 min on the phone, from which i was listening some $#*!ty music for 28 min, they just told me that I need to pick up my tickets at the box office? WORST company ever ,

139 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

no, mine was a price jump

By Juliana W.

Questions? Get answers from the Ticketmaster staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Ticketmaster