Review of Ticketmaster

Charleston, WV 25311
Tel: 1-800-745-3000

chrisl63
12/18/13

Sold my 2 tickets to a football game in October of 2013 on their site. It is now December 2013 and I have yet to see a dime of the money. I am Canadian so they say they can't verify my account but no where on the site does it say you must have an american bank account to sell the tickets. Anyways I have been on the phone with them 5-7 times and nobody there knows what the hell is going on and nobody can get me my money. I have emailed them at least 12 times and I get responses that you have to verify your account even though I explain to them in every email what the problem is. They are absolutely the most brain dead customer service people I have ever encountered and the worst part is there is no accountability at all. Nobody is taking my problem and even attempting to solve it.

My advice, if you have tickets to sell, always do it on Stubhub. You always get your money no issues at all. I will never use ticketmaster again to sell tickets.

timf10
11/6/13

Trying to get tickets for Alabama Shakes and very disappointed with the site. Not user friendly, doesn't accept password they just gave me (I had my wife try as well), get the "We're Sorry" with over 6:00 left (very sorry), etc. Then you have to wait for the seats to become available again after you start over. They need some competition. I gave up on these tickets.

fl1779
10/30/13

I purchased these three tickets because on the website it says it is a "Home Game" for New Orleans.By following all the instruction, got three tickets.However, it turns out that the game is in KY not in New Orleans, LA.

Called the customer service, 100% sure, that is your fault. Customer services and the manager says,because it is preseason, so the buyer should know that the home game on the website does not mean it happens on Pelicans home arena, New Orleans. The the buyer has the responsibility to read all the agreement on the website.

I argued it is because of the first step on the website says this is a home game.That is why I just follow all the instructions and clicking next steps.

But they are saying that this is not a misleading information but it is a misunderstanding of the buyer. After they ignored their mistake and denied everything, they insisted it is my fault totally. So, yes, it is my fault, I should not use this website at all.

Please be very careful, you need to read all the agreement carefully, do not misunderstand any words, if you want to use this website.

Do not use the email, because there is no email replies, and calling the customer service, Oh, yeah, almost forget, do prepare some emergency medicines in case a heart attack.

It is funny when I write this review, but still think it may help somebody, because what happened to me is something that will happen to you someday, period.

ashurb
10/19/13

I called in and received the absolute worst service. The tickets that were transferred to me under the auspices of your website were fraudulently purchased. Once you discovered the fraud, three weeks ago, you notified the perpetrator himself and did not notify the actual supposed ticket holders. Thus, on the day of the event I am unknowingly without tickets.

It should be your responsibility to notify current ticket holders if they have been misinformed. I will do everything in my power to avoid using your system and will avidly convince others to do the same.

When I called in you were unhelpful and unwilling to make any reparations. If this is what you call customer service, you are one big joke that is destined to fail as more accommodating and flexible companies inch their way into your customer base.

Why build a transfer option into the framework of your website if you are going to jack to protect your customers from Fraud.

clairep10
6/17/13

I bought 2 Taylor Swift tickets as gifts for the Taylor Swift Concert on Friday, June 14 2013. I was so embarrassed when i received a call to say the tickets were in actual fact FAKE!!!

richardo10
12/7/12

Worst website in the world. Blocks customers from use. After waiting for ages to load at work I just get Forbidden 103 - presumably because my company routes to the Internet in Amsterdam, hardly uncommon. Send me endless spam that I cannot unsubscribe from as they block me from the unsubscribe website

mikej10
10/28/12

Terrible experience. Overpriced. Sloooooooow. Captchas always suck, but these are the worst and hardest to complete I've ever been asked to do. The site even returned an "Internal Server Error" near the end of my transaction after waiting several minutes. The ONLY thing keeping them in business is their monopoly on so many events.

martinb12
11/28/11

Really good site IF nothing goes wrong. Otherwise a nightmare to deal with. No custoner service AT ALL.

harinderg
11/25/11

The price of a monopoly I guess. If you can avoid it and get tickets elsewhere they will be cheaper. fees and charges add up to already huge ticket prices...

joshs3
5/31/11

The fees are unbelievable and can easily add up the whole price of another ticket! Avoid and purchase from the venue's box office if at all possible. The only positive about them is that they are trustworthy, but if you are forced to a buy a ticket through them online you will typically get price gouged beyond belief.

myanhp
9/7/10

I avoid this website at all costs. It's nice and they do get you the tickets, however, all the fees that you get almost match the price of the ticket itself. They have a big monopoly of ticket sales and take advantage of it.

Delivery charge?! How hard is it to email something?
Service charge? Fine.
Processing charge? Isn't that what the service charge is? Ridiculous.

jeremyg
9/5/10

Ticket Master works fine, but to me, it appears Ticket Master charges fees well beyond they value they provide. This seems to point to some market imperfection which allows these profit margins to persist. Personally, I am happy for a band to get my money if I pay to see a show, and I understand that a venue should be compensated as well. But it seems a little odd that an online ticket reseller charges as much as 30% in fees: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ticketmaster#Service_fees

I'd love to see a competitor disrupt Ticket Master's market, but it seems for the time being their exclusive contracts with large live venues will keep their pricing power intact. http://www.nytimes.com/1995/06/15/arts/pearl-jam-bows-to-ticketmaster.html

rodg
9/5/10

I always worry a little when I buy tickets online as I never know if I am really going to get them or if they are really going to work when you get to the venue. Ticketmaster being one of the oldest ticketing agencies is extremely reputable and delivers electronic tickets by email. Very reliable service.

139 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

no, mine was a price jump

By Juliana W.

Questions? Get answers from the Ticketmaster staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Ticketmaster