SeatGeek

SeatGeek has a consumer rating of 3.86 stars from 1,989 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with SeatGeek most frequently mention great seats, purchase tickets and ticket prices. SeatGeek ranks 6th among Concert Tickets sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 74.4%

• It was easy to purchase tickets to the match using the SeatGeek App.
  • Easy to use, fast delivery, and best ticket prices over ALL others!

• Now I have to dispute the purchase through my bank and potentially cancel my credit card.
  • I called seat geak and they said they couldn't help me at all and to go and talk to the box office which I did.
How would you rate SeatGeek?

“Tony Bennett”

Daniel T.
2/27/20

SeatGeek is a really cool online ticket retailer. My only complaint is that the two tickets I purchased for Tony Bennett are seats 5 & 7. It shouldn't be an issue for me but if I could make a recommendation, I would update ticket options to include "&" sign versus "-" sign. (Ex. Seats 5-7 vs. seats 5&7). I think this would eliminate any confusion for others trying to purchase tickets together. Other than that, the site is great and offers a lot of choices for events and concerts. Keep up the great work!

“Refund postponed”

Cristian S.
4/20/20

On 01/24 I ordered 24 tickets for BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells for 03/21 and 03/22, tournament was canceled 3/08, on 3/09 I contacted SeatGeek an I was promised a refund in 5 to 7 business days.On 03/19 received an email from SeatGeek asking how I want my refund? Were the matter was already settled, or at least I believed so. Contact them again and been told that my refund will take 90 days now! WOW Reap off. Call center is in Philippine and everybody was very nice and polite, but not helpful

Reviews (1,989)

purchase tickets (0) credit card (48) box office (24) ticket prices (28) customer service (99) phone number (19) ticket master (13) ticket price (0)
cristians24
April 20th, 2020
Contact them again and been told that my refund will take 90 days now! WOW
Reap off.
Hi Cristian,

Thank you for the feedback. We see that this issue was resolved directly with you on our end. We were able to issue a full refund for this order back in April. Glad that we were able to get this issue resolved for you. If you need anything else, please feel free to reach us at cx@seatgeek.com.

danielt449
February 27th, 2020
andrewm838
February 12th, 2020
Verified purchase
Great experience so far, found some hard-to-find tickets at a great price. Very user friendly. I'd give 5 stars but I haven't successfully made it inside the venue yet lol.
stefg7
June 16th, 2020
So apparently if you use they're service they can just ghost you? I've reached out to customer service 5-7 times and still haven't gotten any type of response. So unprofessional!
I wouldn't trust them with anything especially the fact that they're a third party app and cannot be reliable with even answering emails. I'll never buy a ticket from them again.
Hi Stef,

Thank you for the feedback. Apologies for any frustration with your order. We'd love to look into this for you further.

Can you kindly confirm your order number or email address associated with your order?

Looking forward,
roberts2974
Robert S.
Verified purchase
Considering the recent event in America, I would expect a full refund for the $ spent. I will probably not be able to make it to St. Louis on another "make up" date. My only hope is that perhaps MLB and this ticket company come together and make it right. If it was just me, I would have not even bothered getting almost $900 in tickets, but it's for the 12 year boy who still loves baseball.
kentk61
January 30th, 2020
Verified purchase
After having no luck on TicketMaster as usual, I found killer front row seats on SeatGeek at a reasonable price. I'm VERY HAPPY!
jakec219
February 3rd, 2020
Poor customer service. Purchased tickets through the seatgeek site, they delivered the tickets in another app (ticketmaster) and refused to refund or help or do anything once I realized they sent the wrong tickets. On the same note, ticketmaster refused to help since the tickets came from seatgeek. Seems like they mutually benefited from this inter-company transaction, and neither company was willing to work with me AT ALL. Seems shady all around.
acaciam2
SeatGeek A. – SeatGeek Rep
Hi Jake,

I wanted to make sure I got in touch with you regarding this review. I've taken a closer look at your case and I definitely understand your frustration here, but I'd like to explain why things happened this way.

After placing your order with us on 1/6/2020 you reached out via email admitting that you had "accidentally purchased tickets for the wrong day" and asking for a cancellation. This wasn't a situation where we sent the incorrect tickets your way, and in the rare event that a system error causes issues with an order our users would be protected by our Buyer Guarantee.

Though we can sympathize with the mistake, and understand how easy it is to see "Vegas Golden Knights at Montreal Canadiens" and assume that the Knights were hosting, SeatGeek is a platform that connects buyers with ticket sellers. We don't hold inventory, so once an order is submitted to a vendor, we are unable to refund, cancel, or exchange it. The vendors we list also have a general policy that all sales are final.

I appreciate the promptness of your initial outreach. Because you noticed your error quickly, you could have listed the tickets for resale to try to recoup your money on this order. We would have been happy to walk you through that process to help you explore every option. Check out our Help Center article for more information: https://support.seatgeek.com/hc/en-us/articles/360007200094-Can-I-get-a-refund-or-cancel-my-order-

Please let me know if you have any questions and I'd be happy to address them with you.

Best wishes,
SeatGeek CX Team
earlh186
December 19th, 2020
Bought a tickets to see Alter Bridge in Destin, Florida, one from TicketWeb (official seller) & one from Seat Geek (after sell out). When Covid-19 hit the show was initially postponed then cancelled. TW fully refunded my money but SG continues to insist that they show is only postponed. I have provided documentation from TW and the band that the show is cancelled but SG will not refund my money. Do not trust them.
brendanm85
Brendan M.
April 2nd, 2020
Verified purchase
It was easy making a purchase off the SeatGeek app. However, getting the ticket was a challenge, as you had to go through third party websites in order to obtain them. Unfortunately Ticketmaster's website kept going down (that's who the tickets were from). Luckily I was able to finally bring the tickets up on my phone at the gate at the stadium after numerous attempts. Wasn't quite as easy as StubHub.
kevinc1058
July 14th, 2020
Bought tickets for two baseball games in Colorado before the Pandemic. Games were the first week of June. It is now mid July with no refund even after contacting seatgeek, and my credit card. $400 un-refunded. I understand the circumstances, but this is unacceptable if not criminal!
toms995
February 13th, 2020
Verified purchase
Easily found great seats at a low price. The purchase was confirmed and tickets issued in minutes. A great experience, but a couple of minor gripes: 1) I'd like to see the total cost, including fees, up front; 2) I learned after I had bought the tickets that I needed to print them, and I didn't have access to a PC and printer (but was able to get a friend to print them).
mattheww522
September 21st, 2020
For all their talk about refunds etc, its taken over 6 months and they somehow still haven't processed it. The little communication I've received from them they continually blame my bank (Who I've spoken with, and I've never had an issue with them processing a refund quickly). Total BS. SeatGeek, what kind of rinky dink operation are you running?!
stevens963
February 26th, 2020
Verified purchase
Was easy to sign up and buy concert tickets. Fees could probably be lower, but what's new :)
brandir77
November 27th, 2020
This website claims to have tickets ready for you and 100% guarantee. That is not the case. Tickets were bought for the game is Lexington KY for Gamecocks and the tickets were never received! To make matters worse the tickets were over 1000 and not even a refund for their mistake. Where has customer service gone? What type of business takes advantage in this time. I would never recommend this company to anyone. The family was looking forward to this event for a long time and now it is ruined with false advertising.
michaelo781
June 12th, 2020
I requested a refund due to Covid 19, plus I lost my job, and the event, Roger Waters, is not planed for another year or more and had been postoned, you people don't realize that this is not a normal situation of circumstances and your normal policy is no refunds, all sales are final, you should do the right thing considering these unprecedented times and give refunds to people who request them. I am out $620.60 that I can not afford right now, and to hold on and wait for a concert that is going to maybe happen in a year and a half, when I am trying to pay my mortgage and bills with no income. MARK MY WORDS, I will never use your business again and I will tell everyone forever what you did to me during the Covid 19 outbreak, and I meet a lot of people in my business that I have owned for 30 years. P.S. I am posting this on every review site out there for as long as it takes!
Michael O
Hi Michael,

Thank you for your feedback. Our buyer guarantee ensures that customers will be able to get a refund if their event has been cancelled. If an event is rescheduled customers may use their tickets for the new date or re-sell them to recoup their funds.

In this instance, the event this customer purchased tickets for has only been postponed, with a reschedule date TBD. If the venue does cancel the event completely, the customer will be able to contacted about her refund options.

Venues are still making determinations as to whether to cancel or reschedule their events, and we will uphold our buyer guarantee once we have final confirmation of their decision.

paulh1246
March 28th, 2020
Verified purchase
Frustrating experience. I would select a ticket. The system would cycle for minutes and then indicate ticket not available. So many tickets appear available. It took me 20+ minutes to get a non-preferred seat.

Also there should be a message on the site to indicate the process will move faster if the user enters their credit card and phone number in the account settings.
Hi Paul,

Apologies for the initial confusion with the ticketing process! Seems that you were purchasing tickets for a pretty popular event. We're an online marketplace, so tons of orders go through at the same time. As a marketplace, we rely on sellers for certain inventory. Sellers get tons of orders throughout the day and it does take sometime for their inventory to update via the site. If an order went through earlier than yours, this could've been why the tickets weren't available. Truly sorry for any confusion there.

If you have anymore questions, please feel free to reach out to hi@seatgeek.com.

Stay safe,
sia4
March 25th, 2020
Verified purchase
This was a frustrating experience. Tickets went on sale at Noon and it was crazy trying to lock down seats. It felt like every time I would click on a certain number of seats the very next moment those seats are gone. I know this is part of the demand, but if there's anyway to make this process a little less hectic than that would be nice.
elidaw3
April 3rd, 2020
Verified purchase
Haven't received my tickets yet. Plus having to use other vendors and download another app make's to much work.
Hi there,

Apologies for any confusion with the mobile transfer process! However, we do see that you were able to get your tickets for this event. Definitely a safe and easy way to get your tickets. Thanks for being a valued customer, and please feel free to reach out to us at hi@seatgeek.com if you have any questions.

Happy Monday!
denniss472
December 31st, 2019
I used their service for a Christmas event and the tickets never received them so contacted them and was assured that I would receive the tickets before the event. Blamed the delay on their vendor? Day before event I finally had to call to find out they could not fill my order after telling me all week they would and of course taking my money. Unfortunately now I cant find tickets anywhere because they are sold out. I have never had this happen with StubHub or Vivid or any other service.
mosesn13
February 24th, 2020
Verified purchase
Last minute purchase. All went well. Last minute purchase. All went welllast minute purchase. All went welllast minute purchase. All went welllast minute purchase. All went welllast minute purchase. All went welllast minute purchase. All went welllast minute purchase. All went welllast minute purchase. All went welllast minute purchase. All went welllast minute purchase. All went welllast minute purchase. All went welllast minute purchase. All went welllast minute purchase. All went welllast minute purchase. All went well
kandia1
Verified purchase
They are not very helpful during this pandemic. They do not respond to any inquiries. My tickets for an NBA game is postponed indefinitely. Who buys tickets without setting a date and time for them? We don't even live in the state the game was to happen, so what I can do with these tickets is useless. I wish I used Ticketmaster.
Hi Kandi,

Thank you for the feedback and apologies for any frustration throughout your process. We see that this issue was resolved and you were issued a full refund for this order. Glad that we were able to get this issue resolved for you.

If you need anything else, please feel free to reach us at cx@seatgeek.com.

julieh847
March 13th, 2020
Verified purchase
Easy enough process but over twice as expensive as paying on the night
Would not use it again for parking
Hi Julie,

Thank you for reaching out. Truly sorry for any confusion with the pricing. Here at SeatGeek, we're an online marketplace and sellers do have the ability to set their tickets at their preferred price. However, we do make pricing suggestions based on the normal prices across the industry.

If you ever have anymore questions regarding ticket pricing via the marketplace, please reach out to us at hi@seatgeek.com and we'll surely take care of you.

Stay safe,
angelar568
Angela R.
February 23rd, 2020
Verified purchase
It was very easy to use on my phone. Made for a quick entry to the even. Did not have worry about forgetting tickets.
mires
March 8th, 2020
Good first: - Fast buying option with no waiting for your turn. - Good and easy Seat selection- Nice and quick Customer Support Respond.
Bad: I was charged $125 fees for $400 Ticket. They buy Tickets from Ticketmaster, if I knew that I would go and buy direct from Ticketmaster myself to avoid fees. - You don't get ticket until 24/h before the event.

SeatGeek attempted to help this customer through the Sitejabber Resolution Center, but the customer did not respond

Hi Mire,

Truly sorry for any frustration regarding selling fees. Please note, selling fee's are included in ticket prices all across the Live Entertainment Industry. However, some companies include the pricing in their price without showing it upfront. Here at SeatGeek, we pride ourselves with being super transparent, which is why we have the option on the order page to look at prices with or without fees.

We're glad that you were able to enjoy your game. We tried reaching out to you directly back in March, but didn't receive a response. If you have any questions at all, please feel free to reach out to us at hi@seatgeek.com.

Stay Safe,
toml409
February 3rd, 2020
I purchased tickets, but did not receive them. Communicated numerous times with them. No tickets, and no refund. You will have to cancel sale through your credit card.
seatgeekc
SeatGeek L. – SeatGeek Rep
Hi Tom,

We tried to contact you via private message a few times to no response.

Looking into your order, please know that the tickets you have are in your SeatGeek account. They were fulfilled directly to your account. If you login using the email you used when ordering you will be able to access you tickets for the event.

If you need any assistance in getting logged into your account please email us at hi@seatgeek.com

Warm Regards,

SeatGeek CX Team

The confirmation number you get is worthless because they are absent any customer service to assist you. They will hit you with a bunch of auto responses to any email you send. That will be the extent of the customer service experience after paying high fees for this service.

By Jason M.
See more answers (6)

Hi Laura, Sorry we didn't get back to you before the event you were looking at on September 8, but hopefully this information will be helpful to you in the future! The delivery method will depend on the particular tickets you are buying. Many of the tickets you'll find are e-tickets, which are typically emailed to you as a PDF, and will also be available in the app and through the website if you have a SeatGeek account. We also list hard stock tickets, which are physically mailed to you before the event date. All listings should be clearly marked as e-tickets or hard stock, but if you ever have any questions about a particular listing, don't hesitate to reach out to us at hi@seatgeek.com or tweet at us@SeatGeek!

See more answers (4)

Hi Jennifer, Tens of thousands of tickets are bought through SeatGeek every month without a hitch! While there are a few instances in which a bad ticket makes it past our vendors' fraud protection measures, these cases are pretty rare. We do require all our vendors to have a full money-back (or better) guarantee so that our customers are protected if they encounter any problems. Hope this helps, but if you have any further questions or concerns, don't hesitate to reach out to us at hi@seatgeek.com!

See more answers (4)

Don't count on them. We got a confirmation and 2 days later they emailed us they were not available. These guys are a farce.

By Tom T.
See more answers (3)

They have a number to call them. My son called and talked to them about our tickets. They were less than helpful. Try their website for the number. Good luck. These guys are worthless

By Tom T.
See more answers (3)

Hi Peggie, The vendor for your order might be able to provide the information you're looking for--instructions for how to contact them should be included in the email with your e-tickets. You're also welcome to call us at (888) 506-4101, and we can put you in touch with them!

See more answers (3)

The usher took us to the ticket box who confirmed our tickets were original however, the original ticket holder can report them loss or stolen and reprint them online which is exactly what they did. The people who were sitting in our seats were printed

By Delma H.