Review of Ticketmaster

Charleston, WV 25311
Tel: 1-800-745-3000

adellaj1
11/22/18

Its pretty cool, you can browse by genres, dates and even location. Very convenient when you don't have a specific concert in mind but want to just go out in general. Payment was quick and delivery was almost instant.

valerav1
11/5/18

I was looking for a couple of tickets there and was shocked how they're lying. When you see the sum, click "go further" and the sum is almost doubled. HOW IS IT POSSIBLE? This experience was terrible, guys

tomh423
10/17/18

I treated myself to prog and jazz/rock fusion pioneers Soft Machine at the TLA Sunday night. It was the second stop of the British band's first U.S. tour in 43 years. My admiration for them is deep-rooted; I purchased "Soft Machine 4" back in the mid-70s and rediscovered the group several years later when my college roommate randomly put "4" on the dorm room turntable, leading to a semester-long exploration of the Canterbury-bred group. None of the original members were present Sunday, but lightning-quick and remarkably inventive guitarist John Etheridge joined in '75, drummer John Marshall came on board in '72 (capably filling the huge void left by cofounder Robert Wyatt) and bassist Roy Babbington dates back to the aforementioned "Soft Machine 4" (1971). Add Theo Travis (woodwinds, keyboards) and the quartet delivers impassioned prog classics "Hazard Profile Part 1" and "Gesolreut" and bridges old to new with its updated version of "The Man Who Waved at Trains," originally from the 1975 album "Bundles" but reimagined on the freshly minted "Hidden Details" album. Soft Machine effectively intertwines high-energy numbers with the pastoral. Theo's rapid-fire sax play on "Peff" and Etheridge's frenetic guitar runs on "Tale of Taliesin" playfully volley with the ethereal "Kings and Queens" (1971) and 2018's "14-Hour Dream." Soft Machine, as one audience member quipped, "may look like a bunch of old guys but they certainly play as if they have eternal youth" -- and play they did for a searing hour and 45 minutes on this damp autumn night on South Street.l

cathyb176
10/15/18

I've been going to concerts longer than some of you who are reading this probably. I use Ticketmaster often because I know I can rely on it. It's usually right there with the best value for the price too. It seems they've all gotten a little greedy with the fees in the past 2 years but especially this year though. Not too happy about that. It's definitely cut down on the opportunity to go as often as I have gone in the past. I'm not sure who's in charge of the fees. But I would like to think it's not the bands. Since we the people especially those who usually are the ones who don't make that much money are the ones who put them on the map to the status they're at to begin with should be able to go see them even after they get big. Just saying.

amandak160
10/10/18

Tickets through this site have always been priced right and available to download and print within minutes.

michellef243
10/9/18

No stars - charged twice. They deny and refuse to resolve. Horrible customer service. Have to file dispute with credit card company.

hansw18
8/27/18

Absolutely horrible experience dealing with Ticketmaster! Huge hassle to resale tickets! Insurance on your ticket is a total scam that puts you through so much rigmarole that it will discourage you from going through the process! I myself will never go through Ticketmaster again and recommend nobody go through them. Worst ever ticket buying experience ever and I've been to hundreds of concerts in my life.

garyw293
8/6/18

Sitejabber got me my tickets to me in a matter of days checked with me to make sure i got it and emailed me again to check. Haven't seen customer service like this in years! Sitejabber you ROCK! 10 stars from me!

deenaz1
7/31/18

Do not participate in the Verified Fan program at Ticket master. I spent hundreds of hours and money to buy merchandise to earn a place in line at the Taylor Swift concert in Atlanta for my daughter's 9th birthday. Their site sold me tickets in In wrong state and they refused to exchange them for the corrextstate that I had been working for. Now I am trying to resale them and they refuse to let me list them for less than $161. So now I am out of almost $1000 due to their error. Taylor Swift should be ashamed of partnering with them for the Verified Fan program.

beverlyd80
7/1/18

The entertainer said I should not have paid more that 99.00 for her highest priced ticket and mine were well over that so I am unhappy with ticket master.

andyd81
7/1/18

The cost of the tickets was less than the fees I was charged. I bought 2 tickets and had decent seats paid over $400 and each ticket was only $95 face value.

patriciaj160
6/8/18

very good site to purchase tickets, easy reliable service, signed for delivery, so safe arrival. Would highly recommend this site.

carrib3
6/6/18

They have the same seats available as the venue Awesome customer service everything you could ask for from a ticket agent and a fair service charge

jocelynef
5/6/18

I Will report Goldstars unethical and dishonest business practices to ALL social media available.
They sold me two $44 tickets in the worst seats in the Civic Center, you cant see seating charts or call them. Theyd be inundated with complaints.
I found tickets selling for $10 in the same bleednose section. Cancelled Goldstars tickets and purchase $44 tickets on Cheap Seat in the 10th row center from the stage.
Disgraceful,

jasminer50
5/1/18

I purchased tickets for a concert for $1400+ and selected seat 1 because I am SHORT and its the only way I would be able to see the stage. When I received my ticket, instead of seat 1 it states I was assigned seat 5. I knew this an error because I double and triple checked before selecting the submit button. I called Ticketmaster and was advised there wasn't anything they could do since it was a resale ticket and how resellers assign seating is outside of their control. I will try to see this seat and watch the concert on YouTube when it makes it there. Never purchasing another ticket through TM again. smh

margaretp66
4/30/18

The Indigo Girls were great as always, playing the old favorites as well as newer songs. The seating or lack of seating should have been clearer at point of purchase. It was unclear that it was standing only. Two and a half hours is too long for me; a manager took pity on us and allowed us into handicapped seating but then it was pretty impossible to see the stage. Wouldnt have paid so much for a ticket if I had known it would be standing only.

karens434
4/12/18

Website tends to timeout quickly which leaves you having to start all over. Processing fees are ridiculous.

aminp
3/18/18

this web site ticket agent are worst on planet, they charged my credit card give me verified numbers to go to WILL CALL WINDOW to pick up my tickets, and sold tickets to some one else, so i missed the EVENT. please Never ever purchase tickets from Them. this web site are biggest fraud, they charge highest price for tickets charge your credit card and Does not sent you tickets at all, when you try to talk to Ticketmaster Representative they said that, everything is good to go here are reference number for your tickets and you will have tickets at ticket windows, but later some one else bit higher for your ticket they will sell your tickets to others at higher price, so basically you will miss your event.

justinc122
3/16/18

It was Thursday, March 15th and I was looking for NY Knick vs. Bulls and found them for the following Monday. When I was ready to purchase these tickets I accidentally purchased the wrong tickets...dahhhh (Knicks vs.76ers) which was a game being played that evening. It wasn't until after I clicked the purchase button that I realized they were the wrong ones. This is the first time I've purchased tickets on ticketmaster.com. Right away I was trying to see what my options were to get a refund because I was going to be out $822US. I called ticket master and they said they couldn't do anything because it was too close to the event (4hrs before). They said I could resell them. So I tried to go that route but only to find out that you need a US bank account. SOL for me. So my first suggestion/complaint is this; if you're a first time user on this ticketing website double and triple check that you're ordering the right venue because there is no way you're getting a refund if you make a mistake with circumstances like mine (venue happens to be 4 hours from the start time). Their website says that you can get a refund within 72 hours of your purchase but if you read on you'll see that you can't refund or exchange tickets for events that are less than 7 days away. Also, you can't get a refund on resale tickets.....we'll just slide that one in there too. My second suggestion is that I don't remember seeing a review your order prompt prior to the final order. I probably would have caught my mistake if I was to review the order but because I was a first time user, I was more preoccupied in entering all of my new credit card information and address. My third suggestion is that the website should pick up on the address that you entered as being outside the US and therefore should prompt with a "Warning" you must have a US bank account to resell these tickets...Please review your order. Forth, review your order because the event is too close to get a refund!

Now with the exchange the way it is, I'm out $1,164.24CAD! Couldn't see the game. Couldn't resell the tickets and I can't afford to see the game I actually want to see this Monday. If someone from Ticketmaster.com is reading this, I believe the right thing to do would be to get me a set of tickets for this Monday's game-(jsconnor@eastlink.ca) if you're company wants to make thing right!

ralphv13
3/13/18

You're bloodsuckers who don't play a single note. Yet, you gouge the public to see the artists dearly loved. You're the main reason I seldom go to any public live events.

Thanks for f'n me.

danip13
3/6/18

Yes, I get that they need to be paid too. But charging so many fees on-top of their establishment fees is ridiculous, and there's no justification as to why they're doing it.

Let's break it down, shall we?

Here's what I have CURRENTLY:
$45.00 x 2 (for the ticket itself)
Bull$#*! fees
$10.60 (Service Fee) x 2
$2.00 (Facility Charge) x 2
$3.75 Order Processing Fee

Twenty dollars for a service fee? Is that a joke? "But they need money to run their domain!". Yes, and that's easily accomplished by charging less than a dollar for every ticket they sell. These people have a monopoly on the industry, so you're paying them to allow them to service you? lol. TicketMaster negotiates it's profit margin with the venue. So their profit margin can go from as much as 8% to 100%.

And until recently, they have now allowed you to print your own ticket at home... For free. Yes, they used to charge you for that too.

People justifying these prices either didn't have them affect them (which is insane), have heaps of money, or are generally apathetic. If they wanna justify spending those fees on top of an already high base price, that's their prerogative.

davidc692
2/28/18

Ticketmaster, like all of them, insist on their services fees, but they gotta get paid, too. Yes, they are high but I'm only here to say that this is a very professional website to get tickets and I've never had a problem or even a hiccup. The only thing I wish is that if Ticketmaster is the owner of concert tickets then they need to stop the third party websites from sucking up all the seats and selling them for a premium. Maybe I don't know how that works, but everyone should have a chance.

Tip for consumers: Get there early!

tammyw77
2/23/18

I have always had good experiences with them and would recommend them to someone else looking to purchase tickets to events.

denisel88
2/19/18

I was on the website but did not understand why I could not see the seat #'s. I rarely order concert tickets. My first call the fella was rushing me to buy expensive tickets and I knew there had to be some a little cheaper. So I thanked him and hung up. I called a few minutes later and Michael Martinez assisted me. He explained why I could not see the seat #'s but assured me once I order the tickets I would see the seat #'s and they would be next to each other. He took the time to help me find good seats and they were less than the ones the first fella was rushing me to buy. Michael is the type of person you want to deal with and make the experience enjoyable by listening to the customers needs or request. Thank you again Michael.

jennym6
2/14/18

First, glad I took the time to look here. Maybe this is a blessing. There is a concert coming up this Sat I really want to see. Need 3 tickets, so I got to the theaters website, click the link which brings me to ticketmaster. Filled in their sign up form only to get an error "something went wrong." NO CLUE WHAT! How can I fix "something"? Now it's possible I used them once before, it would have been many years ago. So how about "that name already has an account" or some such thing? Nope, not a clue.
Tried calling them. "due to high call volume." and I'm given the option to use their automated ticket ordering thing, and why would I go through that if I already know "something went wrong?" OR visit their website. (now this one always gets me. WHY would I be CALLING if I could do something on your broken website???)
Or try again later and click. Cut right off. HOW do businesses stay in business when they can't get enough help to pick up the phone? Not even a call back option? Nothing? I tried later, got the same circle and click.

The theater box office of course is not open and doesn't take orders over the phone. SWELL!
While searching for another way to contact SOMEONE SOMEWHERE at ticket master, I started reading reviews. Horrible ones. Came here to sitejabber, and found even more. Maybe it's a good thing I never got through. I think I'll make an extra hour drive and just go buy them in person. Thanks to everyone before me who posted their horror stories. Probably saved me some money by not ordering online.

139 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

no, mine was a price jump

By Juliana W.

Questions? Get answers from the Ticketmaster staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Ticketmaster