Therapy Pet

Therapy Pet has a consumer rating of 1.93 stars from 15 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Therapy Pet ranks 274th among Pets sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 33.3%

• With the ESA letter, the new apartment had to allow my dog.

No critical highlights yet

How would you rate Therapy Pet?

“Highly Recommend!”

nick F.
5/14/20

This company was a HUGE help and were accommodating through every step of the way! Being able to talk to real people with great customer service was the biggest help for me as they were able to guide me through any questions I had. I dont really understand the bad reviews as I had an easy time gaining my ESA letter.

“Fraud”

Camille A.
7/20/20

After being assured could fulfill before my flight on the 15th, Purchased expedited letter on July 7 for more than $200. Had aN alleged Dr speak to me 2 days later. Then NOTHING. Emailed repeatedly and received no response. Told to cancel. Ignored. Finally had to get letter from my own doctor. But from this Company: It is now 2 weeks later, already traveled and still nothing. Unbelievable. Total fraud.

esa letter (5)
camillea5
July 20th, 2020

sharonf293
January 27th, 2020
I received the letter I purchased a year ago. Immediately after I noticed they started charging me $9.99 a month for a membership I never agreed to. I had to contest it. A full year later they just tried to charge me $100 for who know what reason. Luckily, my credit card company caught it and declined. SHAME ON YOU THERAPY PET.
nickf211
May 14th, 2020
katieh315
October 4th, 2020
I paid priority shipping to have my order expedited and they keep trying to give me the run around. Every time I ask for a tracking number they say they'll get back to me and only provide excuses. It said I'll expect my order 3-5 days, now it's 5-8 WEEKS. I haven't spoken to a therapist. It said I'll receive my digital copy of my letter within 24 hours. Well it's been 4 days and still nothing. If I haven't received my letter by tomorrow I'm getting my money back. Waste of $#*!ing time and money. Not to mention whenever a representative calls it's 6 in the morning, probably aiming to hope you miss their call. The representatives also have dogs and babies in the background? Very unprofessional.
pjm27
May 20th, 2020
Therapy Pet provided a very seamless and stress free atmosphere while guiding me with any questions I had. They definitely made things easy on me to be able to obtain my ESA letter without any problem! I definitely recommend Therapy Pet!
brettg58
January 4th, 2020
Took my money and delivered NOTHING and would not refund a penny. Complete sham that I am sure is just a scam shell company. After further research, you can't find their address, management and the phone number is answered in the Philippines.
joet418
June 12th, 2020
I was in the middle of moving when I found out that my new apartment wouldn't accept my dog. There was no way I was going to give him up, but I was too far along the moving process to switch apartments. With the ESA letter, the new apartment had to allow my dog. Thank you Therapy Pet!
deborahl329
July 31st, 2019
Wish I had checked them out before I started. Took my money, promised to have the therapist complete the form the airline required, then after 3 WEEKS, numerous phone calls, e-mails and FRUSTRATION, I have given up! Make promises they don't keep and string you along forever! I am hoping there are actually some honest companies out there as I actually do qualify but TherapyPet is not one of them! Stay away!
adrianneh14
July 21st, 2020
I am very satisfied with my ESA letter. But. The check out process is a major issue. There are multiple add on charges that you have to uncheck. I missed one and now am fighting with that service to return my money and stop the subscription.
granta49
July 23rd, 2020
I purchased a letter in good faith, including the additional pet fee, which I believed would allow our two small dogs to be registered us (one for me and one for my wife). Immediately after purchase I received an email telling me I was subscribed to a monthly service with PawsX for $9.99. I instantly knew this was a fraudulent site scamming people. A complete bait and switch. My naivety was the result of a friend having gotten a letter from them. However, they weren't automatically subscribed to a monthly service, which tells me they (TherapyPet.org & PawsX.com) have evolved their scam to try and get you in an ongoing scheme.

I signed immediately signed into the PawsX account with the info they sent me included in the email to cancel the supposed monthly subscription. It will not let you cancel it. I then called them and spoke to someone that English is clearly not their native language. I requested immediate cancellation of all services including the letter. They started back pedaling and telling me it was too late and the letter was already completed. It had been all of 10 minutes and they were telling me my letter was already completed by a licensed therapist and that they couldn't cancel it. Liars. No other word for it. It's a SCAM. These websites and companies should be wiped from the face of the Earth.

I was told I would receive an email from a supervisor by the end of the day confirming my cancellation. Needless to say... I haven't received anything.

Cancelling my credit card and disputing the charges.

It is truly pitiful that these type of people exist. DO NOT FALL FOR THIS SCAM! BUYER BEWARE!
brycen4
October 2nd, 2018
This site claims to provide certification of emotional support animals. The site is carefully worded to avoid the following fact, drawn from the official ADA.gov fact sheet on the matter:

"There are individuals and organizations that sell service animal certification or registration documents online. These documents do not convey any rights under the ADA and the Department of Justice does not recognize them as proof that the dog is a service animal."
toddb221
October 15th, 2019
They took my money and never sent me the letter.
I have emailed them 30 times and called them 20 times and they will not produce my letter. They keep telling me I need to re submit my assessment form. I have filled out my assessment form 3 times.
lisac901
August 8th, 2019
Billed my account and then will not produce letter despite calling multiple times. I will be disputing the charges with my bank. Total waste of money and time!
devag2
October 2nd, 2019
Rarely do i run into such incompetence and disorganization in a company. I ordered the identification kit at least one month before travel. As the weeks passed, I called and emailed. I did not get it before I left for my trip and would have been in trouble without it if not for a friend lending me a vest, etc. I also cancelled the travel kit in plenty of time before it was sent, according to one of their employees. I reconfirmed that I cancelled it several times via email. When I got back from my trip, the travel kit was waiting for me as well as the identification kit. I called about how to return it. They told me that the USPO would cover the expense via the tracking code. No, the Post office said I needed them to provide a packages notice that shows they are covering the expense. After calling several times, they made it clear that they could not provide the packaging coverage and I would have to pay the thirty dollars to send it back. UNFAIR since it was their mistake in sending it. We will see if i get reimbursed and how many more calls that might take. And regarding the ESA letter, it was from a different state than i live in and did not believe in its adequacy so I needed to go through other means to travel successfully with my dog. It wasn't worth risking. The airlines are stricter than that. So, my whole interaction with this company was negative and money lost.
jodys67
October 30th, 2018
They have automated phone service so you do not get a human, they string you along with emails, no re riot for your purchase. They promise a therapist from your state will do the letter yet mine came from Tennessee not my home state. I cancelled by phone message and emails to two people, then suddenly, 7 days later I get the PDF by email and another charge on my account. Do not waste your time and money. I called my own physician and got the letter needed. Their site is misleading... do not do business with this scam. They say you need a mental health therapist, not true, a physicians letter is perfectly acceptab

Scam. Paid more than $200. Never received letter and never filled out my American Airline form.

By Camille A.
See more answers (3)

Good if they want your money ey. Horrible after you pay. They ignore you completely

By Camille A.
See more answers (3)

People from other countries often pick up and have just the basic answers and said they would call me back when they found out answers. They did not.

By Deva G.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Therapy Pet staff and other customers.

kareno248
Karen O.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Therapy Pet?

Have a question about Therapy Pet?