Review of Chewy.com

service@chewy.com
2018 Customer choice award

pegh15
1/12/19

Chewy has absolutely the best customer service.
A real person answers the phone immediately.
The people that answer the phone act like they enjoy their jobs!
The person who answers can straighten out the order that I messed up!!!!!
Amazingly my order shows up the next day.
I actually think my cats recognize Chewy boxes

trudyc17
12/29/18

This company is really awesome as we have bought pet food and products from them for several years. We recently returned an auto ship delivery of dog food and Chewy inquired as to the reason for the return. We explained that our dog recently passed away and they were very courteous and understanding and they took the product back without an issue.

Three days later, a large bouquet of flowers showed up at our house with a note from Chewy with condolences of our dogs passing. FIRST CLASS OPERATION! I will never buy pet food from another place again.

rhondab138
12/25/18

They have me as a permanent customer. I had a problem and they went above and beyond any company I have ever dealt with before in solving the matter. They are the best.

vins5
12/24/18

This site is so awesome. I don't even have pets anymore and I miss buying from them. From their super fast shipping, to their amazing prices, to their reliable service, to their great customer service team.. this place is great. If only they expanded into other areas I'd buy everything from them. Other companies should follow their example, unfortunately most do not.

garetg
12/22/18

Ordered for the first time and the products never shipped. Shipping label was just created and never sent. I was set up for automatic orders and was told it will take 3-5 days for a refund.

Poor customer service

michelem98
12/20/18

I only use them if there's a larger item I need because their service is great. I ordered a carrier that was the wrong size and customer service sent the correct size lightning fast. My problem is the shipping threshold. It's fine if you have multiple animals or maybe larger animals but when you have one cat? Meeting that $49 is just not possible. It ruins any sort of savings - and I honestly don't see a huge difference in prices

susanf314
12/17/18

Be aware this company takes your money two times. Once when you order as a "hold" and then once again when they ship. It takes them 2-3 days to un hold your first hold on money. Or if you pay by credit card they do the same thing to your credit line. They have your money (double) for 2-3 days where you do not have access to YOUR own money.

tracym296
12/16/18

I love Chewy.com. Great customer service, free shipping, excellent way to handle prescriptions. When our senior rescue died this year after I had just bought a huge, expensive bag of food, I contacted them to return it. They credited my account and said to just donate it to a shelter! How wonderful. I'm a Chewy.com fan for life!

patriciaw306
12/14/18

I have been a customer of Chewy.com for years. Customer service always great, autoship is convenient and on time, prices competitive. But what meant the most to me was when my cat, Domino, who was 20 yrs old, passed away, they sent me a beautiful bouquet of fresh flowers with a hand written note of condolence. It was so touching and appreciated!
It is rare to find a company who treats their customers with this level of kindness and respect.
Pattee

ashopro
12/14/18

Five stars for Chewie.com for their excellent customer service and great prices. I recently ordered a bag of kibble for my dogs on Chewy.com. I ordered my usual dog chow plus a different brand that was on special. It arrived very quickly. I believe the new brand was a high-quality product however I was unsatisfied because it made my dogs generate too much waste. A representative reached out to me refunded the cost of the new dog food and encouraged me to pick out something else. I was really surprised that someone contacted me although I was unhappy with the new food I was not expecting or asking for a refund.

nathand214
12/8/18

I ordered a dog crate from chewy.com and it arrived on time. Price and speedy delivery are all excellent. We are glad we found them. LOVE CHEWY.COM! Customer service is amazing!

tracyf113
12/8/18

Besides the always helpful and sweet staff, this companybtruly goes above and beyond. I recently lost my beautiful dog, (she passed away) so I called to cancel the delivery of her food. Today the doorbell rand, and it was a flower delivery guy. Chewy sent me flowers with a condolence card. I was amazed, and TRULY touched. I am a customer for life! Thanks Chewy! More companies should treat their customers so well.

yasminr3
12/5/18

I am completely disgusted and dissatisfied with the level of service I have received from chewy. My order was never shipped. The order was remade on the 29th by chewy and a shipping label was made, but the item was never sent. I am beyond frustrated with this order and will never order again from chewy.

jdss
12/5/18

Logged into my account selected the products I wanted there was a promotion listed I selected it. Assuming if it was offered in my account I could use it yup it applied processed my payment done great easy right? No I think not I get an email an hour later saying the coupon offered and applied is not available for my account they went ahead and charged my card for the difference without permission. And after several emails not one single person can tell me
Why
A customer logs in to their account
Purchases items with their account
Applies a coupon code that was offered in the customers account
Checks out pays the amount that is shown the discount has been applied
Then gets an email saying yea you can't have that coupon your choice is pay difference (which they charged without permission anyway) or cancel account
If a coupon isn't applicable on and account why does it show up why does it get applied false advertisement and customer service that is lacking any kind of service. This was last straw with chewy I will be buying on amazon same prices!!!!

elainej59
12/3/18

Update to my previous review where I said I'd received 2 bags of bird seed with holes in the bags. Even though I told customer Service I didn't need the bags replaced, they sent 2 new bags of bird seed anywhere. No company does that now days, but Chewy does. GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!

rosies25
11/30/18

Chewy is a fantastic website with good prices and many ways to get the pet supplies you use most shipped to you conveniently. I found Chewy amid searching for ways to save money on the cat food I buy most often. Chewy had it in stock for about $2.00 less a bag than any local stores. Additionally, if you order $49 or more, you get free shipping. I ordered four bags to get free shipping and save money. The heavy cat food bags were not only packaged well for shipping, they were here in two days. I expected savings; I did NOT expect such quick shipping. I don't believe Chewy even advertises it. A few days after my order, I received a hand-written card thanking me for my order and wishing my cats enjoyed the food.

The experience I had with Chewy's website was so fantastic that as soon as my reserves ran low, I ordered from them again. I set up an auto-ship order this time. It works much like Amazon's Subscribe & Save where you set it and forget it and products are shipped to you at regular time periods that you set up. There are multiple ways for you to change the amount and timing of the products you want, and they offer 20% off your first auto-ship order. So I ordered six bags of my cat food and got free shipping and 20% off. Again, I received the order in two days.

I highly recommend Chewy. It's a no BS, straight-to-the-point convenient site to order pet supplies from. Now I don't have to worry about lugging in big bags of food up the driveway since it comes to my door, AND I save money. My cats don't care either way; as long as they're spoiled and don't have to work for their kibble, they're good. Two thumbs way up for Chewy.

carmelynnl
11/28/18

First off, had to call Chewy for info on a return/exchange and a LIVE PERSON answered the phone. Was instantly impressed. We have 2 dogs and bought Christmas sweaters and one was too small. Instead of returning the item, they refunded my card and said to donate the sweater to my local shelter. Was just so taken back that I just HAD to write a review.

sherryc126
11/21/18

I ordered a dog crate from chewy.com and it arrived on time. Unfortunately, I no longer had a need for it. I contacted their customer service department to do a return and they reimbursed my money within 5 days. But, what puts this company above any other I've ever dealt with is that they did not want me to return the item to them, they asked me to donate it to someone in need!!! We will be donating it to our local spca. Now this is a company I will use again and again.

robf76
11/9/18

I have been a member now for several months. My wife and I own 2 cats and due to health issues cannot drive any more. We were going through shopping carts faster than we should due to hauling litter and food every month.

With Chewy we get 40 pound bags of litter and 13 pound bags of dry food with only a flat shipping rate of under $5. Shipping is also very fast usually 2-3 days after your order. Right to your door. We only had one mishap of a damaged tub of cat treats but that was instantly replaced and shipped after contacting them through their website chat.

Customer service, the selection of supplies, price and speedy delivery are all excellent. We are glad we found them.

danas175
11/4/18

Very reliable delivery and good prices, a great selection of awesome pet products to choose from. Its great because I can also get medicinal supplies for my animals from the same trustworthy place.

julieo74
11/3/18

I absolutely love Chewy.com. I've ordered multiple items and I am always satisfied. I was sent the wrong product 1 time and they immediately corrected the issue. The customer service was outstanding. They went above & beyond my expectations. I would highly recommend ordering with confidence.

colleenr59
11/3/18

Our sweet dog, Sadie, 16 1/2 years old, has been having health issues. She decided she no longer wanted to eat a certain type of dog food we had been ordering from chewy . I contacted them, asking if we could return it.
They refunded our entire purchase, and told us we could donate the food to a animal welfare facility.
I have Never received customer service like this, EVER!
Chewy, you're stuck with me and my animals, forever!

hugoi2
11/3/18

I was extremely troubled when I came home to find no cat there. Thanks to Pet Links, they helped me find t easily with the help of their efficient chip system. Highly recommend them.

conniee6
11/3/18

I have only ordered from Chewy twice. Based on that 3 stars. First time good service. I got all items and I think prices are decent. Second time, fast delivery (2 or 3 days) . However, not all of the items in box. And I had to call customer service. They were open early (around 4:30am Eastern). After ordering from the, they send marketing emails every single day. I dont like that.

willp97
10/27/18

it's cheaper then going to pet store. i order cat and dog food every tuesday it's at my door every wendsday, 1 day and i pay 3-5 day shipping. one time package was delivered to wrong house i never got it. chewy sent new package immediately i got it in 1 day and a full refund! so chewy is great

No trouble at all. They have the best customer service/replacement/refund practices I've ever encountered. By all means, contact them again if you're having an issue.

By Mary B.

Haha, cat kind should not replace it

By Oguntowo P.

By Angelica L.

Yes I will provide also in pacifica acana but I can take some times to move there.

By Nathan D.

Questions? Get answers from the Chewy.com staff and other customers.

15 Photos for Chewy.com