Review of Chewy.com

service@chewy.com
2018 Customer choice award

christinam280
3/14/19

I recently bought a training collar in sept of 2018. I had some trouble with it and contacted chewy by email and im truly amazed at how prompt and excellent the service is. Thanks chewy !

piedp
3/13/19

its crazy i order the cat food and i get it so fast it blows my mind! And the cat food is even cheeper when I huse auto ship

wendyn20
3/6/19

I have been using chewy for awhile now. I am always recommending them to others. Usually I am very pleased with them. I have a very fussy 12 year old shih tzu. In the past they have been good about crediting me back and telling me to keep the item. This past call I spoke with Talia. She was rude from the start and said I had to send the item back. I would have to print label, find a box to put item in and then contact fed x to pick up. What is the sense of that as they can't resell it. When I asked about it she said they had to inspect the item. The treats were very moist and didn't have a moisture pack in it so I put it in a different bag. Therefore it wasn't in the original bag. Explained my dog wouldn't eat them. I will not be ordering from them anymore or suggesting them to others.

marinam101
3/4/19

I would like to share a positive experience I encountered with Chewy.com! I ordered a Cat Condo that had a 2-day shipping attached to the product. I did not receive any tracking updates on the product but it said it was going to arrive today 3/4/19 (by 8pm). Around 5 I found it odd that nothing had arrived at my apt and still didn't get any updates. I called them to update them on the fact my front office would be closed at this time and how to access my building to drop it at the front door. The customer service representative kindly added the new information to my account. Around 1830 I still did not have a knock at my door with my package so I decided to call again (thinking I would have to fight tooth and nail to get an expedited product) however, before I even had to get a "little hood" with the lady on the phone she informed me my package is delayed due to weather delays and they will be refunding me the entire price of the product AND I will still be receiving my product. NEVER, I mean NEVER in my life have I ever experienced a company who would "own their mistake" and do what they just did. I am in awe and even though my Cat Condo did not come on time they have definitely earned my money in the future!

patriciam628
3/4/19

My guinea pig passed away a couple of days ago. I called Chewy to stop the shipment of food and bedding, instead they asked me to donate it to an animal shelter in my pets name Lulu, plus they refunded me the money, on top of that they sent me flowers with their condolences for my lost. I am Extremely grateful and touched by Chewy's kindness and thoughtfulness. I will most definitely continue ordering from them. They are always on time, send me emails reminding me when my order will ship and deliver, updates, etc. and their prices are very reasonable as well.
<3Thank you David and the Chewy family<3

theresaq5
2/28/19

Ok. So we like Chewy but one would think that when the same delivery delay happens every time we order from them you would think that there would be an exception to the rule and they would choose another service. The object is to make life a little easier on customers not more stressful by having the customer play games with Fed Ex when their Depot is not more than 40 miles from our house and WHAT MAKES ME EVEN REALLY ANGRY???? Fed Ex delivered two packages to us today from other companies while we have been waiting a week for Chewy. SO WHO IS TO BLAME??? Maybe we just need to quit telling our friends about this pet supply company.

patriciam614
2/28/19

I began using Chewy simply because I couldn't obtain my dogs' kibble anywhere near my home. I became a fan, though, when they refunded without being asked items for which I posted less than stellar reviews. The first was a seat cover for my car, which was a fine product but didn't work for me. They give me my money back and told me to donate it to an animal shelter. Next, they refunded a couple dog toys that didn't work out for my boys. An acquaintance told me that when her dog died soon after she's purchased some expensive senior dog supplies, Chewy refunded her and sent her a sympathy card. They are a great company. Their prices are good and delivery is free over a minimum charge. Perfect!

janellej20
2/25/19

I scoured the internet for 4 hours researching what type of food to get for my fur babies. I finally found a brand I liked, Merrick, for our new pup and 3 cats. Ordering from Chewy was super easy and they have great auto ship customization feature.

alisonp62
2/19/19

Fast, fair and reliable - I love this company. I have no idea how their prices compare to other sellers, but honestly, I don't really care. Even if they're a little more, I'm willing to pay it for their accurate and speedy service. I bought a new type of dog food for one of my pups, and it made him sick, unfortunately. Chewy refunded me, after my dog had eaten a fourth of it. (I did have to get rid of the rest of it. I don't think there was anything wrong with the product, I think my dog just had a bad reaction to it).

alaml4
2/17/19

One of the best puppy food suppler. I have order first time online for my puppy form the peace of my heart i like the service and natural organic food

jn93
2/17/19

Not only is this a super convenient service with great pricing and super speedy delivery, but I LOVE Chewy.com and will be a loyal customer for life because of their incredible customer service.
After having to say Goodbye to my beloved furbaby of 16 yrs in July 2018, I spoke to a representative a few days later about canceling/returning the AutoShip of her food that I had recently received. This lady showed such care and heartfelt sympathy when I needed it most. I was also so surprised and grateful when she told me that rather than returning the surplus of food I had on hand, I could instead donate the last Autoship to a local shelter in memory of my little one with a full refund. I don't know how often they do this as a company, but this was a great help to me financially since my little one required a prescription diet.
Two weeks later, I had a note on the door from a local florist asking that I give them a call. The very next day, I received a very pretty flower arrangement at work, with a very sweet note signed, "Love, Gloria and the Chewy Family." I had no idea who would be sending me flowers, but I certainly never dreamed it would be my friends at Chewy. I was overcome with emotion and gratitude then and even now as I type this review. I've honestly never experienced such kindness and generosity from a company. Especially from one so large.
Chewy.com is a wonderful company who obviously employs some pretty amazing people. Although I sent them a letter of gratitude then, I can't say it enough; Thank you, Chewy for the personalized service you provide your customers. I can't say enough great things about my experiences with them as a loyal customer, especially during such a difficult time.

In Summary: They're amazing!

Update: I've recently adopted another furry friend and Chewy continues to meet all needs and exceeds any expectations.

wendye58
2/11/19

This is the best pet supply place I have ever used. They have a great variety of products. I would recommend them to anyone with any kind of pet, be it a rabbit, snake, cat or a dog. They have it all!

dawnc176
2/11/19

Products: ( I have cats and rescue)
Every natural, organic, limited ingredient diets, flavors of healthy foods.
Natural Litter, litter pans, scoops, conditioners, bags etc.
Organic catnip, silver vine/ catnip mix, catnip toys
Beds, cat houses, climbers, treestrees
Interactive toys, chasing toys, regular toystoys
Cats, dogs, birds, rodents...you got it here.

Service is Purrrfect! Never had a question unanswered or an issue ( mailman three box, broke food bags, sent a photo, replaced immediately) unresolved.

Staff, wonderful pet owned, fully trained humans staff that's friendly, fun and ok, sometimes as silly as the rest of us owned by Feline Overlords...love them all.

My boys Sgt Badass, Chew Toy and Bagabones are very happy.

lisam961
2/10/19

older dog from Chewy.com for the past several months. Every order has come on time and has been accurate. Sadly, our dog passed away on Friday, and I called Chewy.com to see about returning the last shipment of dog food. Chewy's response? We will have our credit card credited for the last shipment AND we do not need to return the food. We can donate it to a shelter or our vet's office.

But that's not all. Today we received a beautiful bouquet of flowers from Chewy in memory of our beloved dog.

Hats off to Chewy.com!

angelag195
2/10/19

I have been using chewy.com for several months and am very pleased. I Recently purchased a soft crate for my dog but when I opened it the instructions deterred me from using it for him. I contacted them To initiate a return And they email me back that they would refund my money within 3 to 5 business days and I can donate the crate to another dog! Totally great customer service were very pleasant in the email exchange and I will definitely continue to use them based on their customer service

miam85
2/5/19

You control shipping and product choices. Had 1-lost delivery that Chewy replaced within fays of my notifying. Great customer service

conniee6
1/28/19

My first experience was great with Chewey and super fast service. I was pleased with prices. My second experience was missing a small item. I called to tell them about it in early morning hours. The rep said "this is a warehouse and you can expect them to make mistakes occasionally". Okay, yea I have worked warehouse and usually someone checks behind you on orders. I did receive the missing item quickly. So I don't know how often orders are incorrect. I have only ordered twice. One good experience and one needing improvement...

gaynelll1
1/23/19

This is the best company to deal with! They have integrity, they send greeting cards, I just can't say enough for this company, friendly, puts the customer first etc., etc.

annr171
1/23/19

We have been shopping with Chewy for about 6 months and utilize the Autoship program. In all of our shipments except the last one things were packed and received in excellent condition. Our last box however had a tape failure and things were beaten up. Called customer service and my broken bag of food was replaced immediately, no questions asked.
Good job

jamiem278
1/22/19

Ordering pet food there's no problem. Ordered dog beds for my 13 year old lab... big issues. 1st bed flattened out after 2 months. My mistake not calling to complain. 2nd bed arrived the other day, big rip in it and not at all like the picture shows. Called to complain and they are nice to send a replacement BUT I do not wasnt this need for my dog. The rep on the phone told me to go to Costco and buy a dog bed. If I recommended another company to a customer at my job for a product we sell I'd be fired.

arthurs24
1/21/19

Personally, I have for the past ten years consistently used Amazon as the company that sets the standard for customer service. I now know that honor now belongs to Chewy.com. December 22 my wife and I placed our Coton de Tulear, Cozy to rest. He was sixteen years old. It was very peaceful, and he had the opportunity of being in my wife's arms in his home. His transition was provided by Lap of Love and Dr Tiffany.
I had three weeks previously placed a large order for him. I called Chewy.com and informed customer service that he no longer needed the items. The representative knew immediately what I meant. She said I would receive a complete refund and made a point of saying not to ship anything back. The Humane Society of Greater Miami North welcomed everything. Two weeks later I received a vase of flowers with a very personal condolences card. In all my years I have never had a company go more out of their way and making such a horrible time less stressful.
Someday we will get another dog and I can guarantee you that I will purchase everything and anything from Chewy.com

Cozysdad

pegh15
1/12/19

Chewy has absolutely the best customer service.
A real person answers the phone immediately.
The people that answer the phone act like they enjoy their jobs!
The person who answers can straighten out the order that I messed up!!!!!
Amazingly my order shows up the next day.
I actually think my cats recognize Chewy boxes

trudyc17
12/29/18

This company is really awesome as we have bought pet food and products from them for several years. We recently returned an auto ship delivery of dog food and Chewy inquired as to the reason for the return. We explained that our dog recently passed away and they were very courteous and understanding and they took the product back without an issue.

Three days later, a large bouquet of flowers showed up at our house with a note from Chewy with condolences of our dogs passing. FIRST CLASS OPERATION! I will never buy pet food from another place again.

rhondab138
12/25/18

They have me as a permanent customer. I had a problem and they went above and beyond any company I have ever dealt with before in solving the matter. They are the best.

vins5
12/24/18

This site is so awesome. I don't even have pets anymore and I miss buying from them. From their super fast shipping, to their amazing prices, to their reliable service, to their great customer service team.. this place is great. If only they expanded into other areas I'd buy everything from them. Other companies should follow their example, unfortunately most do not.

No trouble at all. They have the best customer service/replacement/refund practices I've ever encountered. By all means, contact them again if you're having an issue.

By Mary B.

By Angelica L.

Yes I will provide also in pacifica acana but I can take some times to move there.

By Nathan D.

If you're going to use dry food, it should be GRAIN FREE. I recommend Nature's Variety Chicken or Wellness CORE Original, they're the highest protein %. However, you really should be feeding your cat mostly wet food, that is also Grain Free. If you can't do mostly then at least 25-30%. Good Luck

By Jax G.

Questions? Get answers from the Chewy.com staff and other customers.

Chewy.com?