Review of Chewy.com

service@chewy.com
2017 Customer choice award

robf76
11/9/18

I have been a member now for several months. My wife and I own 2 cats and due to health issues cannot drive any more. We were going through shopping carts faster than we should due to hauling litter and food every month.

With Chewy we get 40 pound bags of litter and 13 pound bags of dry food with only a flat shipping rate of under $5. Shipping is also very fast usually 2-3 days after your order. Right to your door. We only had one mishap of a damaged tub of cat treats but that was instantly replaced and shipped after contacting them through their website chat.

Customer service, the selection of supplies, price and speedy delivery are all excellent. We are glad we found them.

danas175
11/4/18

Very reliable delivery and good prices, a great selection of awesome pet products to choose from. Its great because I can also get medicinal supplies for my animals from the same trustworthy place.

julieo74
11/3/18

I absolutely love Chewy.com. I've ordered multiple items and I am always satisfied. I was sent the wrong product 1 time and they immediately corrected the issue. The customer service was outstanding. They went above & beyond my expectations. I would highly recommend ordering with confidence.

colleenr59
11/3/18

Our sweet dog, Sadie, 16 1/2 years old, has been having health issues. She decided she no longer wanted to eat a certain type of dog food we had been ordering from chewy . I contacted them, asking if we could return it.
They refunded our entire purchase, and told us we could donate the food to a animal welfare facility.
I have Never received customer service like this, EVER!
Chewy, you're stuck with me and my animals, forever!

hugoi2
11/3/18

I was extremely troubled when I came home to find no cat there. Thanks to Pet Links, they helped me find t easily with the help of their efficient chip system. Highly recommend them.

conniee6
11/3/18

I have only ordered from Chewy twice. Based on that 3 stars. First time good service. I got all items and I think prices are decent. Second time, fast delivery (2 or 3 days) . However, not all of the items in box. And I had to call customer service. They were open early (around 4:30am Eastern). After ordering from the, they send marketing emails every single day. I dont like that.

willp97
10/27/18

it's cheaper then going to pet store. i order cat and dog food every tuesday it's at my door every wendsday, 1 day and i pay 3-5 day shipping. one time package was delivered to wrong house i never got it. chewy sent new package immediately i got it in 1 day and a full refund! so chewy is great

cynthiab251
10/17/18

Chewy has by far exceeded my expectations for a pet supply store. I choose to purchase food via Chewy over travelling to the multiple pet stores in close proximity to my home because of their outstanding customer service. I recently lost a pet and called to return an autoshipment that I had forgotten to cancel in the aftermath of having to put down my 16-year-old cat Max. Their customer service agent was incredible. She refunded the cost of the food, cancelled the autoshipment, and asked that I just donate to a local shelter in Max's name. Within the next week, I received a beautiful bouquet of flowers from Chewy in sympathy for my loss of Max. Not only are they incredibly empathetic, understanding and customer-oriented, but their food selection is also as good or often better than the larger pet and smaller specialty stores where I live (Las Vegas). Plus the shipping is so incredibly fast that I will choose Chewy over any other retailer. Thank you, Chewy!

ck149
10/17/18

Chewy has consistent and FANTASTIC customer service. They are eager to help and always pleasant. They also give full refunds and often don't even ask for the item to be returned, just donated to your local shelter. Other companies should take note of this. I would GLADLY pay more for any product on Chewy knowing that I'll get consistent good customer service.

sarah3094
10/11/18

Chewy has been my go to for the best deals and wonderful, friendly customer service. When I had a problem with my order it was promptly fixed with no hassle! I can't recommend them enough!

tj89
10/11/18

I've been a customer for more than 2 years. Occasionally something I purchase doesn't work out for us. The customer service I received has been professional but friendly. I've received full refunds. They even suggested donating the items to the local shelter. I have recommended this site too many people. The only downside I've seen is the price increases on some of the items I purchase have increased more than I would have expected.

dianer218
10/7/18

I've ordered from them for years. Today is the first time the order wasn't correct. I called their 24/7 customer service. Not only did they send the cat food I was missing, she gave me a partial refund to cover the cost of the bag I need to buy at the store so my cats can eat until I receive the order. Above and beyond great customer service!

wendyr142
10/6/18

Chewys was delivering us a bag of dog food about every 6 weeks. On a Friday morning my husband said "why is Chewys taking out almost $700 today?" I called immediately, had the 12 bags (!) of food cancelled- they told me the money would be back in our account immediately. Long story short , and after 4 phone calls of kindly being told the money would be replaced and that this quantity mistake happens, (sounds like they don't know why) I'm forgiving, mistakes happen , but over a week later money is NOT replaced and dog food was never delivered. the overdraft we paid for floating $ isn't as disturbing as the fact of being kindly told things are fixed and they were not. Anyone else have this bizarre thing happen? No more Chewys for us. I received the cancellation email Sept 28 /that Friday, today is Oct 6- still no refund.

deang54
10/5/18

I had a problem with a product I bought and they took care of it immediately and sent a new one. Awesome! I'm a fan now big time. Dean Gould

dianed207
9/25/18

We have used Chewy for many years for RX dog food among other things. Every time I placed an order (I would make sure I ordered enough for free shipping), it was here the next day or day after. I was amazed that I did not pay for next day shipping. Anytime we had an issue (such a the dog biscuits being broken), they sent a free replacement. Recently we purchased 3 cases of RX dog food but shortly after it arrived our dog had passed (Buster Brown was 15 years old). I asked them if there was anyone that had ordered this food that they could put me in touch with as it was a sin to waste it. They immediately gave me a credit for the full amount of the order and told me to donate it to a shelter and that the shelter would love to have it. So we did that and thanked them for the unexpected credit.

Today I received flowers (thinking it was for my birthday which is very soon I didn't give it another thought as I thought it was from our son). Just now, my husband said "Do you know who sent you the flowers?" I said yeah probably Jon (our son) as an early birthday gift. He said, "No, it was from Chewy". I was so touched, it brought me to tears. What company does that? Gives you a credit and sends flowers? I just wanted everyone to know that this is a company that truly cares about your pets.

I think I saw a few negative reviews, so I wanted to make sure that I shared my story. Forever grateful, in loving memory of Buster Brown a heartfelt thank you Chewy.

Diane Durante
973-479-6115

michaels1694
9/20/18

The sales are great, and delivered right to my door. Never had a problem with delivery, Even heavy items are shipped free.

jayj163
9/19/18

Was happy with the dog food we bought and having it delivered. Service was great in that regard. However, when the agreement with my dog food manufacturer apparently ended with Chewy and they no longer offered it, I got a TON of marketing emails and mailings suggesting it was the fault of the dog food manufacturer. It was immature in approach and in the verbiage and not at all subtle as they might have hoped to make it. They basically made themselves out to be innocent victims of my dog food manufacturer's business. I don't care how poorly your business relationships go down, to use the opportunity to attempt to make a customer turn away from a product/company using these means reveals the company's true colors. Won't try them again because of this. But I will go find the manufacturer and see if I can get their product delivered again.

brandis64
9/18/18

I was skeptical to order at first because I figured with all the heavy items I needed that shipping would be astronomical. However, I was amazed how quickly and inexpensively my items showed up at my doorstep, within two days! Thank you again!

chrisb887
9/16/18

Bought a dog kennel from Chewy's 9/13 and have not received it. Went on customer support spoke to Malcolm S via chat and he said, "it appears the package has been lost". I was frustrated since I need the kennel to keep my dog from eating holes in the walls. Malcolm S apologized and gave me a credit for the kennel and told me I will have it Wednesday. Great customer support and I appreciate Chewy's working with me and not simply saying it is a FedEx's problem. First time shopper at Chewy's but will be buying all products in the future from them. Thanks!

henryg86
9/13/18

No true savings here, only $1-$2 off from what I see in pet stores. The site advertises 30% off items but I haven't seen anythign to that effect. My first (and last) order was 15% off with 3 days shipping however they only ship Tuesday-Friday so my order arrived 5 days later. Not worth the hassle.

Lastly, one of my favorite activities to do with my dogs is to take them to a pet store so they can see other dogs and meet people. My fear is that pet stores will become a thing of the past if people start to order online...so think before you click. The savings is minimal and is it really worth it?

toryt14
9/8/18

I bought a dog crate and read the dimensions incorrectly. So, it was way too big for my small dog. I live chatted with an associate who refunded my money immediately and told me to donate the crate! She then helped me find an appropriate crate and waived the shipping charges as it was under their minimum. I will certainly do business with them again.

sylvieb24
9/4/18

August 24: Ordered critical meds for my pets
August 29: Still have not received anything. Called. Chewy rep says "Meds are shipped today"
Sept 2: Still nothing. Called. Chewy rep says "Meds not shipped; Still waiting for approval from your vet"

It's Labor Day weekend so that will not happen until Sept.4
Sept 4: Checked with vet and here is the real history:
---------------------------------
Aug. 24: Chewy received meds order over the weekend
Aug. 26: Chewy called in the meds over the phone Vet was clear they do not do VERBAL prescriptions [that should have been obvious!]
Aug. 27 AM: Chewy sent a faxed request for prescriptions; Vet approved and faxed back
Aug. 27 PM: Chewy said they did not receive fax; Vet faxed again prescription a 2nd time
[Saw proof of fax so Chewy did get the faxed prescription 2x on Aug.27]
>> but nothing happened. Chewy does not ship.So:

Aug. 29, when I called: I'm told "meds are shipped" but they are not!
Sept 2:, when I called: "No, meds are not shipped; waiting for approved prescription from Vet"
That's when I cancelled my order with Chewy.com and ordered at VetRxDirect which process my pets meds orders in less than 1 day.
In the mean time I scramble to bring cat to Emergency Vet to get emergency meds to tie me over during Labor Day weekend before receiving shipment from VetRxDirect. I blame Chewy and consider they should reimburse urgent pet care I had to pay because of their incompetence

DON'T BUY MEDS AT CHEWY.COM THEY WILL LET YOU PETS DIE BEFORE SHIPPING THE ORDERED MEDS.
Buy instead at VetRxDirect which are more efficient and care about ensuring critical meds get to your pets fast.

Got apologies from Chewy and they will not do it again and will take care of getting the prescription order... yeah, right! Just got email on Sept 4 that my order will be cancelled because Chewy still has not supposedly received the prescription from the vet.
#incompetence #mortalNegligence

Tip for consumers: maybe order the food/toys/treats... don't buy meds!

lisak164
8/31/18

I have 4 dogs and go through a lot of food, plus I like to buy a month's worth at a time. I love the ease of ordering from Chewy - no more going from specialty store to specialty store to find the variety of brands I like to use and then having to schlep all of it out to the car and then from the car into the house when I get home. My Chewy order is delivered to my front door and all I have to do is bring it inside. Chewy carries ALL of the brands I like, pricing is good, I know when my order will arrive and I have yet to have anything back-ordered. I gave them 4 stars only the because their packaging isn't very good and inevitably I wind up with dented cans.

lindab384
8/27/18

This company is like a part of your family....they really care about your pets!! They also send you Christmas cards .(what company does that anymore)...I would give them 100 stars if i could...but 5 is the only option here..

marionm30
8/26/18
• Updated review

I keep on buying my pet supplies from them and keep on getting impressed. I will be a long time customer. I wish they would have a few hard to find pet toys on the website...

“Good Seller!”
8/26/18
• Previous review

I purchased from this site a few times now for puppy supplies. They have an easy check out, fast delivery, and good prices. The one time that my order was wrong, they sent out the correct item right away and told me to keep the wrong item and donate it to my local shelter. Isn't that awesome?

No trouble at all. They have the best customer service/replacement/refund practices I've ever encountered. By all means, contact them again if you're having an issue.

By Mary B.

Haha, cat kind should not replace it

By Oguntowo P.

By Angelica L.

Questions? Get answers from the Chewy.com staff and other customers.

13 Photos for Chewy.com