Review of The Grommet

Tel: 617-229-7140
tori@thegrommet.com

tomm648
1/17/19

I purchased a "PATRIOTIC" NOTEBOOK/JOURNAL, advertised as a product to inspire patriotism (shaped like a folded U.S. flag), and guess where it was made? MADE IN CHINA!! you want to be patriotic? SUPPORT AMERICAN-MADE PRODUCTS!!
The Grommet does NOT post all reviews, either. i would avoid The Grommet.
ALSO, be aware they sort their reviews on their site by number of stars, not by date, so all 5 star positive reviews show first and all negative reviews are listed last. not very honest

dennisf163
1/5/19

You cannot find any phone number. I paid for expedited shipping AND rushed production. I rec'd my proof, responded that it looked ok and asked for confirmation via email. THREE times and over a week later I rec'd an email. Customer service is nonexistent here. My items arrived a month later along with someone else's which was dated TWO Months since the man's order. I emailed them yesterday, but would probably do better just tracking the poor guy down myself. Nice item, but I am sure someone else who likes communicating with customers can supply the same thing.

stephaniec362
12/26/18

Received this biobidet for Christmas and I love it. I have had hand surgery and shoulder surgery and u found this product very useful

tiffneys
12/20/18

I placed my order for ONE item on December 4th, 2018. It's now December 20th and even after many unanswered attempts at communicating with "The Grommet", I still don't have my son's gift. Beyond disappointing! Shame on you "Grommet"

courtneyb130
12/17/18

I placed an order on Dec 9th, paid extra for expedited shipping. Shipping is still in processing. The phones are offline, they haven't responded to my email. I think this site is a scam. Don't buy anything from them, just stick with Amazon.

jacqueg6
12/17/18

I placed an order and to date no order. After numerous emails and attempted phone calls to a business where their phones are down is "terrible business" ... almost Christmas and still no order!
DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS SITE!!!!!!

lorriew6
12/17/18

I ordered softie pajamas an was charged over 200.00 on my credit card immediately. However, I never received a confirmation or the items. After two weeks I began contacting customer service and they stated sorry for the mistake we have re-send the items. Still have not received the items and in the response there was still no order number or shipping information.
Do not use this site.

margos6
11/27/18

NO CUSTOMER SERVICE!..DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM~ they do not stand for what they sell! I bought sheets ..bamboo sheets and they fell apart after a short time. When i called ..they offered no help or support. Just a bad experience.

helens234
10/22/18

I bought a $44.00, plastic gas can, shipping was $27.99. Cheap, thin cardboard box with a little bubble warp thrown in. FLIMSY. Now I read all the terrible reviews.
Never again!

davidw1164
10/6/18

Placed an order on their website. They canceled the order for "suspected fraud" without any further explanation. Even banned me from their website so I cannot go to the Contact Us page. Customer has to pay money and chase them to buy from them.

krisg43
9/21/18

If I could give zero stars I would! I ordered 4 pest rejects and got a package full of some odor removers 1 pest reject. I got the package a month ago and still dealing with customer service via email since their phone number doesn't allow you to talk to anyone - just leave a message. I am now on email number 6 and still haven't even found out what the invoice says as to what was supposed to be in the package! Completely inept people emailing as customer service representatives as well - absolutely useless. NEVER will order from them again.

tinas241
8/1/18

I'm SHOCKED at the complaints posted here against The Grommet. I love this company, their range of products they offer, their amazing customer service and their freakishly generous return policy. Complainers do happen to jump online faster and more frequently than happy customers so keep that in mind. They have something like 2 million + customers. I'd hardly let the handful you see here dissuade you from checking them out They have some incredibly cool, quality products you can't find anywhere else.

georgec329
6/7/18

I ordered a Tapplock from The Grommet on April 27, 2018 and it died less than 45 days later. I made several unsuccessful attempts to contact Tapplock for customer service before I remembered that I purchased the lock from TheGrommet.com. One call to TheGrommet and my return / replacement was processed.....IN LESS THAN 5 MINUTES (thanks Marie). I will definitely order from TheGrommet.com again....Tapplock--not so much.

donaldc177
5/26/18

U wrote a review on the buttery and gave it three out of five stars. Later I looked for my review only to discover they did not post it. This has led me to believe that they do not post all reviews that are less than five stars to make the products look better than they are. I will not trust them to purchase anything again. Buyer beware!

coram24
5/11/18

I wish I'd seen this site before buying anything from them. I bought 2 things on one order that I'm disappointed in. But they came from different locations so to return them I have to pay separate return shipping for each item making it a very bad deal. The men's sandals I bought were much smaller than the size they claim to be and I had to pay shipping to return them. If I want to return the butter dish I have to pay again, and that ends up costing too much. I don't recommend this company.

shanag14
3/25/18

Paid extra for two day shipping and my product is more than three days late. They never refunded me on the shipping and have not replied to my email.

carynl
2/22/18

Very upset with The Grommet and will never order from again. Wanted this item and it went to the wrong address. Tried to resolve but Customer Service was poor. I did dispute it with my credit card but what I really wanted was the Arm Spinner.

patrickk76
1/11/18

Incredible when a company does what it tells you it will do and the service and support makes you feel great. Then they perform as promised. The Grommet is awesome.

nancyp146
1/7/18

Have now sent three emails asking for shipping instructions to return an item. The site says you use a number that is inside the package to get a return authorization. The cost of the item was significantly higher then from another source so I don't want to open the packag, I just want to return it.. Alas Grommet makes that task as hard as possible. No way would I ever use that site again. And really, there are so many better on line sites available that no one has to.

patyg2
11/25/17

90% of reviews are negative. Cool things on the website but I'm not taking the risk. Hopefully these reviews on this site and many others will be noted but likely won't until business goes down. Thank you for the forewarning. I won't be participating.

karenl217
11/16/17

Called about an error on an order. The said they could not help. What kind of customer service is that? Save yourself the trouble and take your business elsewhere. Actually I give them a negative 5 stars.

heatherf65
7/8/17

This was a discouraging experience. Bought a "notebook" that is a pad of paper in a binding with a map on the front, the kind of thing you would end up with at Yellowstone in a gift store for about $14. But it was $49. Not only that, but there are absolutely NO DETAILS about returns; I was simply told on the receipt that the item is not refundable. No phone number works, no email was responded to. STAY AWAY. Seriously a rip off.

terryf51
6/26/17

Through Grommet bought a Dune Jewelry sand bracelet as a gift for my mother in law who lives on Siesta Key beach in Florida to remind her of home when she travels. The bracelet arrived and was the sand was black!! It looks dirty and not as expected. The sand was supposed to be from Siesta Key on Midnight Pass which is know for its white beaches. Grommet would not allow a return on this because it was "custom". I did not get feedback from my email to them. I would have considered an exchange but they do not do that either. Liked the concept of Grommet and supporting small businesses but the customer service there is poor so will not use them. Do not recommend Dune Jewelry either as I do not think this should ever had been sent. It was not what I ordered.

Tip for consumers: Never buy anything custom from this site as you never can return for any reason.

jessicah168
6/16/17

TLDR Version: Ordered a graduation gift only to find out it was missing two grommets (hah!). Went through the return process only to receive a second bag with the exact same defect.

Extended Version (copy of my final email to The Grommet):
"I just received my replacement of the "Greatest Laundry Bag in the World" and, again, it falls short of great... or even good.

For the second time you have delivered a bag with two grommets missing (photos attached). I suggest you verify the quality of your vendor's laundry bag before bagging/shipping. Not only is this a real inconvenience for your customers, but it must be embarrassing given your namesake.

This was supposed to be part of a larger graduation gift but, instead, the package remains unsent and late on your account. At this point, it is faster to give to my seamstress for alteration. I cannot spend any more time waiting for reshipping/processing only to risk receiving another defective product.

I urge you to be more careful in your quality control process for the sake of your company's survival."

rickv21
5/16/17

Purchased a dog tag and barely lasted a few months before it broke and is unusable. Company does not support their products and have very short warranties. They leave you high and dry! Had I known, I would have never purchased anything from this company and will never again. Stay away!

Questions? Get answers from the The Grommet staff and other customers.

5 Photos for The Grommet