Review of Tax1099

Tel: 1-877-811-3829
support@tax1099.com

isisp5
1/28/19

Skeptical Reviews, Great Experience with Tax1099 filing multiple forms electronically.
I am an old school type that takes time to switch to the digital world. Before using Tax1099, I got great reviews on QuickBooks apps center but very poor reviews here. What the heck give it a try as no credit card required to sign up. Signed up, filed a few forms and ended up using for my all 17 customers to report 1099 MISC, 941 and few other forms. Experience was nothing but great! I would recommend anyone looking to file 1099 and other forms.

Response from Geneva B., Tax1099 Representative
Thanks for giving us a chance! We know making the transition from paper to eFiling can be intimidating. We're glad we could ease your process!
robynh46
1/28/19

Needed a way to pull W2 and 1099 MISC data for many or my clients. The QBD plug in and web connector came handy for 1099 MISC and PDF import for the W-2. I would recommend this tool to any one looking to file 1099 MISC and other info reporting. I am the first time user and import on page instructions helped a lot.

Response from Geneva B., Tax1099 Representative
Glad to hear we could help with your informational returns! We've been working on those integrations, they get stronger ever year.
aristotlel
1/19/19

This is a nightmare!!!!! Tried this for the first time because my partner was using this to submit the 1099 forms. So I gave a try this year. I was not satisfied at all with the result. When you print the 1099 Miscellaneous form recipient copy, the form does not align align with the tax envelope. The recipient address is not showing. Terrible program!!! Is there lower rating than 1 star? If there is, I will select that.

Response from Geneva B., Tax1099 Representative
Hi, there - Are you using the #10 double-window envelope? We format the forms you can print to that envelope type.
chada52
1/9/19

I issue enough 1099s that I'm required to eFile. I use Quickbooks Enterprise, Intuit's flagship product, and have been using Tax1099 for a few years, and every year there's a catastrophic issue ranging from multiple import errors, sessions timing out in seconds, importing data incorrectly, adding bogus rental income to my vendor's 1099s, duplicating 1099s, etc. It's a huge mess. It's ridiculous that Intuit doesn't offer another option than this terrible software. This is 1995 software masquerading as something more modern. It's full of bugs, the customer service is terrible, and it costs as much as quickbooks itself the way I use it.

Response from Geneva B., Tax1099 Representative
Hi, Chad - we're sorry to hear that you haven't had good experiences with Tax1099. We're constantly working to make our platform better, and we would love to have your feedback on our platform. I'm sending you a private message, so that we can set up a one-on-one feedback session to discuss.
rosannem6
10/27/18

Liked using the site for my 941 and W-2 (both late filing). Will be back in January to file 1099s and other payroll tax forms. Found easy to navigate and very reasonably priced. I decided to give my first review on site so small businesses like me can benefit. A lot of 1s are scary but those reviews seems a little sketchy (hope it's not a competitor's job :-)

I will also explore the integrated TiN Match and W-9 features. Cheer!

Response from Ed P., Tax1099 Representative
Thanks so much! We're so glad that you had a good experience with us. We look forward to supporting your eFiling process for years to come. -Tax1099
richardp432
8/20/18

The tool worked for me and actually worked a little better than expected. I would recommend this tool to anyone looking to efile prior or current year 1099 and W2 forms.

staceyf61
7/22/18

I had to file several 1099 MISC and 1099-INT corrections. It was easy to synch over data from QBO to do the corrections and copies were delivered to my recipients in 4 business days. Excel import and validations were decent for non-QBO clients. Overall a good service to have that saves a lot of time. Glad I am no longer using those clunky RED forms anymore. Will definitely be back to use several thousand 1099-MISC filing for my clients.

Response from Ed P., Tax1099 Representative
Hi, Stacey- Thank you for your review! We're glad that you can ditch those clunky red forms, too :)
adamj167
7/19/18

I was a little skeptical to use the site but eventually gave it a try and boy it's works way better than others I have used in the past. Site worked for QuickBooks import from Desktop and also from QBO. This is the only site that did my state filing for PA and OR. Rest of the sites including Intuit could not handle my state filing needs where states required a separate filing. Will come back again next tax year.

Response from Ed P., Tax1099 Representative
Hi, Adam- Thanks so much for using Tax1099! We're so happy to hear that you had a good experience with us. Can't wait to work with you again next year!
jm385
2/13/18

I was a new customer this year and thought integrating from my Intuit products might be easy but turned into a nightmare. The import tool would not import new data but would only import the incorrect file even after deleting the file. Called customer service and they were very little help as they could hardly understand the nuances of technical communication required to explain the problem. Finally blocked the submissions but they did not tell me that there was no way to stop the incorrect 1099 copies going to the recipients. Recently found this out when recipient for two 1099s for the same amount, one from tax1099 that I had blocked/ canceled. E-mailed their customer service today and got a reply that basically said if I was too stupid to use their tool I was at fault. DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE - they may be an Intuit partner but they are not reliable and cause more issues than their service resolves!

Response from Ed P., Tax1099 Representative
Hi, J.M. -

We're so sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with us! The import process can be difficult to initiate, and we're sorry that you had difficulties with it. I'm also very sorry that our customer support wasn't able to provide you the help you needed. For future filings, please live chat with us, and we'll help you get the mapping and import set up.

When you select USPS mailing, those requests are processed immediately. This is to make sure your vendors get their forms as soon as possible. We alert you to this when you select the USPS option. Additionally, PDF's of your forms are available to view and edit before submission - I would suggest that you take a look at these before submitting a filing.
jamesb648
2/2/18

Awful site. We have been using this for the past 4 years and the site has gotten worse and worse each year. We are a professional accounting firm and file about 1000 1099s each year. The site is incredibly slow, and this year, two days before the filing deadline for 1099-Misc forms, the site stopped working and stopped allowing excel file imports. Tax1099.com's tech support was very unresponsive. Finally got through to someone who said they would help and they told us they would call us back by 7pm on 1/31/2018 with a solution and they never did. THey told us we would be able to email them our excel import files directly and that they would file them for us on time. But they never called back and never responded, leaving us up a creek without a paddle. Subsequent follow up calls were unsuccessful. STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE if you need a reliable way to file your 1099 forms on time, before the deadline. Better to rely on a US based system that is designed for tax professionals, even if it costs more, as they will have the support staff needed when issues arise.

Response from Ed P., Tax1099 Representative
Hi, James -

We're so sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with us. We'd like to give you a call so that we can learn more about this situation. I'll send you a private message to followup.
meryls3
1/31/18

I left a message for someone to call me back. He seemed to know the detail of my call, but he was extremely difficult to understand. Based on the accent I think he was from the Philippines. There was a child (probably between 8 & 10 years old talking loud in the background. I asked him what it was & he told me NOTHING. How Intuit could hire a company like this, is way beyond my level of comprehension. once again, I will never use them again. For 2 years, I have wasted my time. Hiring people who do not speak good English is a terrible attribute to have. i suggest that everybody go to another 1099 processing company next year. Do your homework now & be prepared before tax season is upon us next year. I certainly will be!!!

Tip for consumers: Do not use Tax1099.com

Response from Ed P., Tax1099 Representative
Hi, Meryl -

We're sorry to hear that you had difficulty communicating with one of our support representatives. We have support representatives available in our home office in Fayetteville, AR. We're sorry that we weren't able to answer your questions, and we hope to do a better job next year. We also have live chat and support documents available on our webpage.
gabriela235
1/22/18

REPLY TO YOUR COMMENT:
Following up to trouble ticket #6913. I have not heard back yet. I have more people today saying they cannot access their W9. I am trying to access it myself using the exact info we supplied you to generate the 1099s and it's not working. The guy on the phone yesterday admitted this was a problem that was happening and said you guys would get back to me with a resolution. I called again today but just went to a message saying you guys are busy and it hung up.

-----------------------------

1st year I used them, site was down half the time in January.

2nd year I used them, absolute failure. Site was crashing, nobody responding to chat, and their toll free number instantly goes to a message that says "Sorry, this mail box is full, Good bye". Maybe if you just need to submit a few 1099s, they are ok. If you need to manage records and use the system to handle W9s and mass import data, it's abissmal. Seriously poor execution from start to finish

Fast forward to 2018 and it's totally my fault for not choosing to find the time to switch away from Tax1099. So here we are again. A year later and full of new problems. This time, we issued out over 300 1099 forms this morning via email and none of our clients can open them because they messed up the passwords. I called this morning and was told I would hear back before the end of the day and its almost 5pm PST and they are closed for the day. I was told that a lot of people were calling because there was something wrong with the 1099 PDFs that they sent out. Isn't this exactly what they? The whole purpose for their existence? And they just can't get it right, or even some what "ok", and I've given them 3 years.

Next year I will hand-write my 1099s and let the USPS handle them before I let them touch anything. Absolutely pathetic at what they do.

Tip for consumers: Best tip is DO NOT use them. Seriously, they are really not good. My best guess is this is nothing more than someone doing this part time out of their garage with the neighbors helping answer the phones.

Response from Ed P., Tax1099 Representative
Hi, Gabriel -

We've researched this for you - we were able to open test cases of your vendors' PDF's using our standard password conventions. Your vendors receive password instructions in the email with their form, but it may help to remind them of the correct formatting. Here's a support doc to reference: http://support.tax1099.com/customer/portal/articles/1958838
richf24
1/22/18

Every year Tax1099 eats up hours of my time. This is the most un-user friendly app I have ever dealt with. And their support staff are awful. "It looks like you wasn't uploaded the file right." Come on, people. Will you EVER fix your app?

Response from Ed P., Tax1099 Representative
Hi, Rich -

I'm sorry that our support staff wasn't able to assist you with your filing process. If you are still having an upload issue, or have any other questions, I'd love to help. I'll send you a private message with my contact information, and we'll get this figured out.

Thanks,
Tax1099
millier9
1/15/18

These people should never be trusted with your info. They are a bunch of crooks. All the 5 stars are from someone they told to do this. They have to battle all the one stars some how. If you notice all the people who did write glowing reviews, that is the only review they have done.

Response from Ed P., Tax1099 Representative
Hi, Millie -

I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with Tax1099. Please send us a message, or email support@tax1099.com, we'll do our best to resolve your situation, whatever it might be.

Thanks,
Tax1099
rebeccaf52
1/11/18

Reviews are really low and horrible but product works great! I consider myself some one who likes to touch and feel it before forming her opinion. I must say opinions listed here seems so much different than my actual experience using Tax1099.com.

Tons of feature and easy to use. I would give them 10 stars if I could>

jerryw103
1/6/18

Very easy to efile with Tax1099.com. LIked the way it brings over data from Xero.com.

Also did few excel imports and that worked well. I guess the key is to file early so support is not as busy and you get quality help.

I had to call support and rep knew what she was doing. Entire call lasted for about 9 mins.

shellya28
1/6/18

I was skeptical to use the service seeing some negative reviews but pleasantly surprised see how well it worked for my QBD 1099 vendor synching over to Tax1099. I also have some QBO customers and again their app turned out to the best compared to others listed out there.
Love USPS mailing and TIN match features that Intuit 1099 filing did not provide. It's definitely a feature-rich solution with affordable price.

willowa1
2/22/17

The 1099's that were sent to our vendors DO NOT match the file we transmitted to Tax1099.com through Quickbooks.

Many vendors received two 1099's: each 1099 lists a different amount. Neither 1099 shows the ACTUAL amount we paid to the vendors or reported to Tax1099.com.

Response from Ed P., Tax1099 Representative
Hi Willow, I'm sorry for the frustration you're going through. Is it possible that you e-mail us your direct contact info, and I'll reach out to you right away and see if I can offer any resolution to this. E-mail support@tax1099.com with subject "SiteJabber Review". Thanks -Tom
pennyb30
2/7/17

Multiple mailings, incorrect data sent after we verified 2 times that al data we ented matched our reports. Our client's vendors are calling them to complain and then they complain to us. A mass issue that is causing lack of faith in our service to our clients. Spoke with another firm this afternoon fielding the same complaints as their office. Totally unacceptable

Response from Ed P., Tax1099 Representative
Hi Penny, I'm sorry for the frustration. Can you send us an e-mail support@tax1099.com with subject "SiteJabber" and we'll reach out and see what we can do. Thanks. -Tom
so4917
2/7/17

Horrible service. No service. Chat is non-responsive. Telephone number "rings fast busy." Still can't figure out how to transmit state copies.

Response from Ed P., Tax1099 Representative
Hi SO., thanks for reaching out. For state copies, make sure you mark the column "State Filing" on checkout screen, this will allow us to do the necessary paperwork to file to the state. Note, if the box is greyed out, it simply means that state is part of the CFS program and IRS automatically transmits a state copy to those states. If you have additional questions, please reach out to us at support@tax1099.com with Subject: "SiteJabber". Thanks -Tom.
dianab72
2/4/17

Not only have my clients received double mailings, but the information I entered online IS NOT what appeared on the mailed copy!! In one instance, the Payor name is last name, first name no space, like it's all one word, and in the other instance the payee social security number is incorrect. Online, I looked at the information I entered for each form, and there are no errors. There is no credibility for what was actually sent to the recipient or what was sent to the IRS, if what I entered isn't what got mailed. This site was an automatic connect from QB, and I'll be registering my complaint with Inuit as well.

angies53
2/3/17

I have always issued our 1099's through the quickbooks application. That was no longer an option, as QB has started using this service. I never could get my info to automatically transfer, which wasn't a big deal, I thought. I only had 5 vendors, so I just manually added all of the information. The lack of email confirmation was disappointing, but I could see they were scheduled, so ok. The status forms load very slowly, and in addition to that, I could never locate an option to view the status of whether or not the forms had been mailed to the recipients or not. I used the online chat for that. The chat session was ok. The guy walked me through how to run the report (you actually have to export a report to excel--there isn't a place on the site that shows status of mailings. So I did that, and discovered they were still showing "scheduled" to be mailed. That was still ok, as we were still in the the deadline. That was approx Jan 26, which was about 2 weeks after I initially filed. But I just checked today, and it shows my federal submission as "processing" which according to the key means they've been submitted but waiting on the IRS to approve submission. Fine, but the quickbooks app I used to use had a 24-48 AT most hour turnaround from filing to acceptance! Anyway.....I did a new exported excel report, and the status of forms to be mailed to recipients still shows "scheduled". It is now Feb 3. I will not be using this again. And I really hope quickbooks does not either.

Response from Ed P., Tax1099 Representative
Hi Angie, my deep apologies for the experience. There are many things we are working on post-season to improve this. Can you PM us or send us an e-mail at support@tax1099.com with your contact info Subject: Facebook? I want to reach out and hear your concerns and answer any questions you may have. Thanks, Tom.
heidih45
2/2/17

I submitted a 1099-MISC on 1/25/2016. The site showed that they would be transmitted 1/31/2017. I was unable to change the date on transmission, which seemed unreasonable but at least the filing deadline would be met. The process took a lot longer than I expected.

I expected at least an email notification confirming that the agency had accepted the transmission. As of 2/2/2017, no confirmation, and I cannot find confirmation on the site either. I efile payroll returns thru QuickBooks and always see agency acceptance confirmations the same day. There is also a history of all filings in QB. There is no record of filing 1099's in QB with this system.

I don't wish to use a system that doesn't assure me that I am in compliance with filing requirements, especially since I file on behalf of clients, nor record a history of filings in my accounting software.

Response from Ed P., Tax1099 Representative
Hi Heidi, thank you for your candid feedback. In regards to the IRS confirmation, typically they go out 3 - 5 days after the submission. If you send us an e-mail at support@tax1099.com with Subject "SiteJabber", we can look further into this and work with you to resolve any issues or questions you may have. Thanks -Tom.
kellys196
2/1/17

Used Tax1099 for several companies 1099's last week. I have been getting calls from vendors stating that they are receiving 2 1099's that are identical with 2 separate account numbers (Tax1099 assigns). Online support stated that they had a glitch and some received 2 and that 2 were not uploaded to the IRS to disregard the extra one. On another company it shows that I uploaded all of y 1099's twice (I didn't). Now I have to go in and do a corrected 1099 for each of my vendors. The correction is not as easy as uploading them from QB like the original ones..

Very Frustrated!

shelh2
2/1/17

I've never posted anything anywhere about website experiences. I agree with all the 1 star postings. qb was so easy last year-bad move to tax1099. I referred a small biz to qb about how easy 1099's were last year. I called them shortly after trying tax1099 and told them NOT to attempt. the purpose of online chat is for immediate help, not hours. if you have unmonitored voice messaging, then don't have any at all.

Hi Roxanne, We have made many improvements, including a streamlined dashboard we will be moving to the site in a few days, additional staff for the deadline period, and a number of customer requests from last season. We will have some user training sessions beginning in November to familiarize customers with the updates. If you are a registered user on Tax1099.com, look for an email inviting you to register for one of those sessions in the next week or two. If not, send your email address to support@tax1099.com, and ask to be included when we send those invitations. Thanks!

By Ed P., Tax1099 Representative

Hi, Michelle! If the state is a participant in the Combined Federal State Filing Program, the IRS will forward important information from your federal filing to the state. While some states have additional requirements where state withholdings are concerned, as a general rule, you won't need to send a separate filing to the CFSFP state.

By Ed P., Tax1099 Representative

Make sure you do not have local system restrictions due to configuration of antivirus software, firewalls, etc. This can cause plugin to not open. Saw some article on this when we had similar issues last but no issues after we used the first time.

By Sophia A.

Hi TW, thank you for your candid review. We'd like to reach out to you and resolve any issues when it is convenient for you. Send us a note at support@tax1099.com with subject SiteJabber and we'll make sure you get taken care of. Thanks. -Tom

By Ed P., Tax1099 Representative

Hi, Stacey, Yes, we file to all 50 states according to the most recent filing requirements of each state! Whether the state requires a separate eFiling, paper filing, or CD-ROM, we've got it covered. It's important to note that you'll need to submit any additional state filing forms at the same time you submit the federal eFiling - once you've submitted the federal eFiling, you won't be able to go back and file with the state in a separate transaction. Let us know if you have any other questions! Tax1099

By Ed P., Tax1099 Representative

Hi, Jerry! When you eFile, the IRS doesn't require a 1096. We have one available in your account, if you'd like to print it for your records. To access the form, click the "+" icon in the top right corner of your Tax1099 dashboard screen. You'll see "Generate Summary (1096/ACA)" in the column on the right side. Thanks! Tax1099

By Ed P., Tax1099 Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Tax1099 staff and other customers.

Tax1099?