Review of T-Mobile

mobilelifefamilyorganizer@t-mobile.com
2018 Customer choice award

rogert102
4/22/19

Before signing any agreement with T-Mobile, make sure you are aware that should you decide to change carriers, they will lock you phone. Doesn't matter if your phone is paid for. Doesn't matter if your account is current. Should you decide to change carriers, understand that it may take several days before they decide you can use your phone again. Evidently, if you've ever used their service, they think they own your phone. Should you call their customer service, they'll put you on the phone with an arrogant condescending jerk. My advice is to think twice. Then really think again. There are plenty of other options available.

sanaah
4/3/19

Sadly disappointed with Phone carrier T-Mobile
I never write reviews, but I felt if even one person reads this and makes a decision then maybe it'd be worth it. The first day I walked in to buy a new phone with them, they had an issue that never resolve by calling me every day as a follow up and promises to call me again and today they want a week to call me back to see what they can do... i do not recommend it to any one Badddddddd

justins376
3/21/19

I never write reviews, but I felt if even one person reads this and makes a decision then maybe it'd be worth it. The first day I walked in to buy a new phone with them, they had an issue that took 4 hours to resolve. That was a red flag, and I should have just stopped it there. In the months following, attempts to add money to my prepaid account resulted in denying my card, only to take my money anyway (without it going towards my service plan). Their website is barely functional, and only works during the day. Their customer support in the worst I've ever had. I go to a store in person only for them to say "call this number". They don't want to help you at all. My money? Well I only got some of it back, and it took a week of pestering people. Still lost $40. Unlike other providers, when I was porting my phone number, they cut my service immediately and didn't give the phone number to the new provider right away. It took an entire day. That meant an entire day without a phone number or service. They also had an error where every time I sent a text, it took 25 cents from my account. There wasn't enough money in my account to renew the service, so they cut me off in a heartbeat. They make it so hard to get started, but it's so easy to terminate your service. No apologies from them either except after I changed service. If you don't use your phone much and want a cheap plan, I suggest Tracfone. If you want about mid-priced plans, Sprint wasn't bad. If you've got money to spend, I hear Verizon has the best coverage. Whatever you do, just stay away from T-Mobile. I have not had a single good experience with them.

kok8
3/20/19

Sadly disappointed with Phone carrier T-Mobile. Was with Verizon and received great service, but it came at a high cost.
T-Mobile is definitely more affordable, but the service and internet connection sucks. You don't have to trust me - try them for yourself. Beware however when it comes to transferring over your files to a new phone or simply to the new service contract, T-Mobile will most likely lose your saved voice messages if your coming from Verizon. Read about it. Others are experiencing the same issue.
My family has been with T-Mobile for one week and already we have been unable to use our hot spot, have clear phone conversations and keep all our stored voice messages that T-Mobile promised would not be lost.
The customer service sucks as well! the representatives act like they know what your concerns are and what they are doing, but clearly have a problem handling the situation. They send you to other representatives and you end up going around and around.

We basically receive no service while at home (Oakland, CA) - we have to use a cellspot. Because T-Mobile is Sub and beneath the quality that Verizon promises and delivered - T-Mobile has to try and compete by sending you a plastic unit that must be hooked up to your electric source which is suppose to help create a better connection to the internet. It does not!
The bottom line is that T-Mobile is no better than Metro PCS and cost a lot more! I would be disappointed and unhappy if I was a internet phone company that failed my customers continuously. I'd want to do something about it. The only good thing I can say at this point while dealing with T-Mobile is that there is no contract. I thought this was for us, but it's not. I believe T-Mobile knew they could not deliver quality service and decided not to have to deal with legal matters and not place folks into contracts.

Again it's all about T-Mobile not the customer!

carlb211
3/15/19

Had service with T-MOBILE for over three months, had no problems with drop calls like I did with Verizon, and there 4G are always 3bars or more, so far no problems at all. Thank you T-MOBILE for the unlimited plan. All is good so far.

loris366
2/10/19

Went in to look at the pricing to change from Verizon business to T-Mobile business told the business manager that I couldn't sign up that day because I needed to know if T-Mobile had service available at my second home in the mountains about 45 minutes away. She said no problem she would send me the paperwork via email and if I found it service worked I could sign for the account online. that night I spoke to neighbors at my second home and found out that T-Mobile is not available. 2 days later I received an email stating that I did not sign my paperwork within 48 hours so no account is started and no services rendered. No problem great, wrong! Approx. Two weeks later I received a bill in the mail for over $300 that had 4 business lines and a tablet line activated with fake phone numbers immediately I started calling T-Mobile just stretched into three months later being threatened with collections and couldn't get anywhere with T-Mobile supposed security department! Complete b******* spent over 40 + hours on the phone until I decided to just do a random customer service call and ended up talking to a gentleman in Texas miles away from the state of Washington who told me that the manager probably had a meeting I need you to show numbers for her store and forgot to cancel the fictitious account in my name. he stated he used to work in the stores and that there is so much pressure on the managers to get new numbers in that he sure this is what happened because he seen it done before what the f***! Instructed me to contact the police to file a police report and then 2 contact the FCC and file a lawsuit which is what I will be doing asap, be very wary of giving your social security number or any other information 2 employees of T-Mobile unless you're ready to open an account as you're standing there, super disappointed in T-Mobile for not taking better action on my matter brushing me off hopefully I'll have my day in court soon.

Tip for consumers: See review

ryand191
1/2/19

I bought a new phone and it was unlocked, however, it was "T-Mobile unlocked." I use Verizon. (I did not know when I bought the new phone that I was unable to use it on Verizon). I read online that if you sign up for a T-Mobile account for two months, they will unlock your phone and you can then use it on Verizon. I went to a T-Mobile store and signed up for an account. They asked me for my Verizon account number and PIN. (The reason I gave them my Verizon account information was so that I could keep my Verizon phone number). The PIN number I provided did not work. But they went ahead and activated my new T-Mobile account. I assumed that my phone number did not change and they did not tell me that it was changing. As soon as I left the store, I made a phone call and the recipient asked why I was calling from a different phone number. This is how I found out that T-Mobile had changed my phone number without telling me.

I walked back into the T-Mobile store and canceled my account. I was assured that I would not be billed for the service. Two months later, I received a bill from T-Mobile for $60. I called T-Mobile customer service and told them what happened. They advised that they were canceling my account and that I had a zero balance. I asked for a confirmation number and they advised that they do not provide confirmation numbers for such purposes. A month later, I received a bill from a collection agency for $48 for the outstanding T-Mobile balance. I called the collection agency and they said I needed to contact T-Mobile. T-Mobile advised that they needed my T-Mobile PIN to access my account. I did not know my PIN because my account was active for only ten minutes. They advised that I needed to go to a T-Mobile store for help.

I have no desire to go to a T-Mobile store so I can be harassed by the employees into opening a T-Mobile account. This situation should be resolved over the phone. However, I contacted T-Mobile four times and they refused to rectify the problem.

wendyl149
12/20/18

T-mobile, you messed with the wrong person! It took me 5 conversations and 5 different stories, false promises and sending the phones back and now they say they didn't get the phones . I have to find the tracking number or they will charge me right before Christmas the non sale amount! It's pretty much if you can't prove u sent the devices back they will claim they never got them. They will try their very best to stall you until the 14 day trial time is over with " I will call you back within 24 hours regarding the matter" and again and then nothing, hoping you will forget. Write down names and numbers and record conversations to start and don't give them your account number!

antonp30
12/10/18

This is a scam company. network coverage is terrible, the network works well only in the city, if you travel a long way away, change your carrier. I switched to another telecoms operator and saved my number, so Mobil drove me into debt like for another month of use ($ 75), and not talking about it! If I knew this, then I would not have left this phone number for myself. Very expensive internet and very few gigabytes.

annah215
11/28/18

Earlier this year I walked into a T-mobile store to get a month to month Internet plan on my mobile Internet device. It was $10/month. After paying in person at the store a few times I decided to sign up for autopay to make things more convenient. Then my fiance and I bought a house and went with a different (equally crooked) company (Frontier) for wifi internet at the house. I discontinued my autopay and canceled my T-mobile Internet in May, 2018. In August, 2018 I realized that they continued charging me every month, so I called customer service again and used my Passcode to dispute the charges and cancel my account. The representative waved the outstanding balance and appologized for the mistake on T-mobiles part. She reassured me we were squared away and I should disregard further notices in the mail as the system takes a while to update. I asked for a verification e-mail. She said that wouldn't be possible but I could request a verification if I wrote a letter to the headquarters. I did. I never heard back from T-mobile.
Fast forward to November 28th, 2018: My fiancé and I are on our layover in Boston, ready to head to Europe to visit family for the next 1 1/2 months as I recieve a call from a pre-collection agency wanting somewhere around $60, claiming I had an outstanding balance with T-mobile. I had them refer me to the T-mobile dispute center. There I was only running into more nonsense, that in order for them to verify my identity and activate my account (which they acknowledged had been deactivated), they needed my passcode. This passcode I have written on a piece of paper in my file back at home and cannot give to them at this moment (which was hard to get ahold of in the first place back in August).
So basically they were absolutely uncapable and unwilling to find a solution or a middle ground and basically told me either I give them the passcode so they can further look into my account or I'll be turned over to a collection agency if I don't want to pay the outstanding balance I supposedly have with them. I have no international phone plan and won't be able to solve this problem till I get back from my trip. By then I'll have a collection agency to deal with...Unfortunately this kind of behavior isn't unusual for these kinds of companies. I could go off on another rant concerning At&T and Frontier. Who's out there to keep these guys in check?

anthonye73
10/31/18

I called to cancel my phone service but they did not do it but continued to charge me monthly for a phone I didn't us for 3 to 4 months

ameliar31
9/27/18

I've been using a T-Mobile career for 4 years. I am totally satisfied with its service, the prices are a bit high but they worth it. Any time I needed support, the T-Mobile staff always helped me find the resolution.

elainer33
8/30/18

I have had a terrible experience with the business reps and then customer service. If you have a business account with T- Mobile you are given a rep who will call and/or send emails with "special offers" of "free" products with either a low or no data feen (eg tablets.). I have even been told when I said I wouldn't use it 'why not get it anyway; you can give it away as a gift". I fell for this and for the emails that have FREE IN BOLD TYPE. I even asked specifically if this would cost anything and was assured it would not. Now fast forward a year - I find that I am being charged monthly for the device and for service. I contacted the new rep (they turn over regularly) who was going to look into it and never got mad. The next time I was contacted by still another new rep I explained the problem. This one directed me to customer service. I finally, after a lengthy conversation got her to agree to refund the data fees but not the cost of the tablets. She also claimed she couldn't even find one of the offers. A subsequent call to the new rep was never returned. in June I called and cancelled my service. I now find they only canceled the phone line but continued to charge data usage for the tablets!! A friendly customer service rep arranged to refund the past month but not the previous month. I freely admit that I was not scrupulous in monitoring bills so I didn't catch these errors in a timely way. I claim naiveté and trust that businesses charge what they claim. Stay away from them!!!

karlyw3
8/30/18

Haha I guess so many people complain to T-Mobile that their system is constantly crashing every time I call it takes anywhere from 1 to 6 hours to get on the phone and then they still have system issues. A lot of the sales people and customer service people are uneducated on their services and a lot of them are rude. T-Mobile does not give proper information they lie about when you will be billed they make it hard to cancel.

rickd178
8/29/18

I purchased a router that was on sale through t-mobile.com. 2 weeks later I was wondering what the hell was taking so long, so I called them. Apparently they cancelled the order without notifying me, because I did not answer a confirmation phone call they never told me was coming. The CS rep on the phone told me they no longer carry the item, so I am out of luck. I have never even heard of a company calling the customer to confirm a purchase, much less cancelling the order outright without notice because someone didn't answer. The order was only 35 dollars, not kidding. If they were going to call they could have just said at the time of my order, "You are going to get a call". I am upset that 2 weeks later I do not have my router and have to go about paying more and waiting all over again to get it. I feel that this company has cost me time, and time is money, so they have cost me money. I feel they should have gone to extreme lengths to compensate me for their extremely poor handling of the matter. There is absolutely no excuse for their behavior here. I feel that this is a very poor company who does not give a damn about me or my business, and I will literally go out of my way to do everything I can over the course of my life from here on out to make sure that this company fails. This company is pure garbage and should not be allowed to ever offer retail services in the United States.

mikew230
8/24/18

I was a T-Mobile customer for a little over three years. I was not dissatisfied with their service in general. Their cell coverage is not quite as good as the expensive options but it worked well enough for me. (Don't get suckered into their $10 per month insurance package.)

When I decided to change to another carrier, where I purchased a new iPhone, I also wanted to sell my old iPhone. You get more for a phone that is unlocked. Although I switched carriers in the middle of my billing cycle I had to pay for the FULL month before they would unlock the old phone for me. Therefore, they then owed me for the overpayment. They only pay you back with a refund Mastercard!! The Mastercard arrived SIX WEEKS later! When I tried to activate the Mastercard (three times) the automated system would NOT ALLOW ME TO ACTIVATE THE CARD!!!

I called T-Mobile and got them to activate the card and then learned that there are LIMITATIONS to how and what I can purchase with that card! WHat BULL SHxT!

charlesl261
8/22/18

T-Mobile refused to unlock my phone. I cancelled my account to switch to a different carrier and when I did, they wouldn't unlock my phone. Never trust them.

sonalik2
8/22/18

Got a prepaid Sim from Miami Tmobile. Paid for a plan that included Data.
Came to columbia, md and sim shows LTE but does not catch data. Have been chasing T mobile Technical support n store in Mall of Columbia, no resolution! Meanwhile I cant access data or hail a Uber!!!!
Worst ever service! To add calls keep dropping!!!!
My advise dont use T mobile ever!
My no 3058907461

laurels27
8/16/18

Don't ever do business with T-Mobile! I have had a business account with them. I had to switch to Verizon because T-Mobile doesn't have service in my area. So, I was disconnected from T-Mobile yesterday. Now they say it will take 72 hours to unlock my phones.So in the meantime, I have no phone service for my business! This is a BUSINESS account!

jesseh53
8/4/18

I tried to cancel my account a long time ago. I went to the store to do so and I spoke over the phone to a representative at the store to cancel the account. They lied to me which gave me a false belief that the charges would stop. However, they didn't and I was screwed over by them and I was billed for something I was not aware of and did not give authorization. Its very sad because T mobile does offer great services and plans. However when it comes to billing, they seem to love rigging people off and people notices these affects and it hurts them.

ericas106
7/30/18

8 days after switching over to a new phone carrier called T-Mobile my son's phone stopped working the screen was just black you could still hear the alerts but you couldn't use the phone because the screen didn't work. they sent me a new phone telling me that no problem it should be covered and just to mail back the phone that didn't work when I got the new. two weeks later I noticed a $150 additional charge on my bill so I call to talk to a representative and I'm told because there was a crack in my phone. I tried to explain to them that there was no crack in the phone when I sent it and it probably happened during the shipment and then continue to tell me that because there was no damage to the Box that the phone must have been crashed when I mailed it back. So basically I'm being called liar and I'm very upset because now I have to buy another phone when I'm still paying on the other one after 8 days of service. I will never deal with T-Mobile again

francheskap
7/24/18

So i needed help with customer service about my Bill and such and questions and concerns I had and the tmobile phone experts did a great job and I was so happy with the way they spoke to me and respected my wishes and things done on my account I am one happy customer. Thank you to ana 1873515 and ray 187569 on doing such a great job you guys are the best thanks to the tmobile experts I am very happy 101 star from me to the both of you great job keep it up guys and great team effort. Love Francheska

stevem684
7/9/18

I opened an account with T-Mobile in April, 2017. I tried to use their service for a few days, but the reception was horrible at the place I work and at my house. I returned the phone, paid the restocking fee and asked them to cancel my account. They said they took care of it, but I notice in August I had been billed two $100 payments. I called them and told them their error. They said they would refund my money and close my account. They refunded me $100 and still owe me $100 and only remove my credit card from the account, they did not close it. Since then I have received a bill saying that I owed them more money, a letter from one collection agency and then a second collection agency. After receiving each of these, I called T-Mobile to get this taken care of and ask for my $100 dollars. Each time, I wasted four or five hours being passed from agent to agent until one finally lied to me and said it was taken care, only to find out it was not.

ingom2
6/28/18

Long story short, I moved to Austin TX. The tmobile network here is just bad. Couldn't make phone calls or use the internet. After 15 years with T-Mobile, I had to switch services. I payed off all my equipment and canceled their service. Two month later I still get billed to my account. Called cuatomer service. Was told they would refund me a 100 dollar charge they put on this month June(I canceled in April). They never did. When I called them back, they told me the refund was 'denied'??? Thanks for lying to me and just taking whatever money you want out of my account! Great service! Looking forward to my new service at AT&T. Should have switched much sooner. Seems like T-mobile utelises a business model close to planet fitness! Lol! Taking money, giving no service, not letting you cancel. Nice!

andyh132
6/24/18

Paid $75.00/month for unlimited data but only got 200 megabytes because T-Mobile has no cell towers in this area. Called in May to ask what was going on and rep said since T-Mo has no cell towers I was on AT&T network and data is capped at 200 megabytes. Told him I wasn't paying $75.00/month for essentially no data and he agreed it made no sense and said he would switch me to their $25.00/month plan with no data. That was late May. On June 9th I switched service to AT&T so I could get data. On June 19th T-Mobile bills me another $75.00 (takes it out of my account). Call and they say they couldn't switch during the billing cycle. Yet they have charged me $75.00 for the UPCOMING billing cycle!

So T-Mobile has charged me $150.00 for 2 months of "Unlimited" data service and I've gotten a total of 200 megabytes of data! You could not PAY ME TO GO BACK TO T-MOBILE!!!!!!

117 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the T-Mobile staff and other customers.

2 Photos for T-Mobile