Review of Swappa

info@swappa.com
2018 Customer choice award

whitneyk18
3/18/19

I am very picky with sites like eBay and such.. swappa is a great site with even greater prices. Smooth transactions and all through PayPal which you know is secure. (Photo is shown of the watch I bought from swappa!)

isaace17
3/17/19

I don´t speak english fluently, so I´ll not write much, what I have to say is that swappa is a very serious, I was very happy with my purchase and I have done another one.

austinw61
3/17/19

I loved the ease of the transaction, but, there's always room for improvement. Swappa could make an option to make an offer available so that buyers could offer a seller a price other than list price and then sellers could accept or reject offers

julioc64
3/15/19

Fue mi primer transacción y la página es exactamente muy claro todo, todo muy bien explicado, y todo salió cómo lo planeado,
Muchas gracias

bobbyw64
3/14/19

Can't say enough good things about Swappa. I've sold 5 items through this site and every experience has been top notch. It is so much easier and safer than eBay or Craigslist. Highly recommend SWAPPA!

feleciac3
3/13/19

This Website is the only site I trust to purchase smartphones. I have bought three phones, within the last three years for a fair price. I have not had any issues. That's the whole truth..

donaldh210
3/12/19

This is the first time bought anything on Swappa and it was a first- class experience. The iPhone is at least as good as described, works fine, and was shipped promptly. Many thanks!

mayt39
3/12/19

This is my first time purchasing a phone on swappa, and it was a great experience. Sellers must post photos of the phone turned on which adds a bit of confidence to an obviously stressful situation. Reading other reviews, I understand that if my seller hadn't been an honest person I might've been in a pickle, but it feels to me there are less scammers on swappa than on eBay / craigslist.

shailendrak9
3/11/19

Swappa services are very reliable and authentic. It was great to have business with Swappa. Awesome listing, great deals and reliable seller network. Highly recommended.

georgep268
3/11/19

Total effortless process - Swappa site very easy to understand & navigate - I appreciated the review of the pictures I took of my iPhone. Thanks Swappa!

monikap18
3/10/19

Both times I feel like I won the lottery. I'm pleased. Saving money is fantastic. Communication and protection is . Time to play with my gadgets!

brendas68
3/9/19

Appreciated the heads up on how to list the iPhone by the Swappa Staff. Sold fast. PayPal set up worked best for me.

antonys17
3/6/19

Obviously, most sellers and buyers will have a positive experience on this site as most people are not trying to scam you. But if you ever run into trouble (in my case, I found out my phone could not be unlocked months after purchase), just be aware that the Swappa staff will not be very helpful. In fact, their overall arrogant attitude and unresponsiveness makes this site have one of the worst customer service experiences ever.

jeffd258
3/4/19

Have sold 3 items on the site.
The only thing to watch for as a seller is resellers and their low ball offers. They are VERY ANNOYING!

Response from Brynn A., Swappa Representative
Hi Jeff, thanks for using Swappa!
davida819
2/28/19

Will always buy used phones on swappa. I know exactly what I'm getting and feel secure in purchasing!

Response from Brynn A., Swappa Representative
Hi David, thanks for the great review and for using Swappa!
billd215
2/21/19

It was great doing business with you I really appreciate the fast shipping and the quality of the phone I received is in pristine new condition thank you..!

Response from Brynn A., Swappa Representative
Hi Bill, thanks for using Swappa!
donjaralew
2/21/19

Great service it was my first time using swappa on my own and they didn't let me down. I got great device for half the price of a new one and mine was brand new in mint condition. The seller responded to me in a timely manner and provided all the information I needed to receive my package. If I had to order another device from them I surely would in a heartbeat. Thanks to swappa my cellular needs where met fast because I broke my last device and needed one asap

Response from Brynn A., Swappa Representative
Hi Donjarale, thanks for using Swappa!
nilsav
2/21/19

The rules and requirements for sellers on this website are the best in the industry. The description and photograph requirements serve both buyers and sellers know exactly what the transaction is about, it is as clear as if you were directly doing the transaction. Also their customer/seller support is exceptional. I have purchased several items through Swappa, but I have used the Website mostly as a seller. I have sold about a dozen items. I love the fact that I can communicate with prospective buyers and discuss offers with them, and the amount of information available for me to price my items with a fair price. I have been a seller for a few years now, and I really appreciate the thought that the developers have dedicated to their product descriptors and requirements, it guarantees that the transactions go through with peace of mind. Of course, it is also good for sellers the fact that they charge the lowest fee per transaction in the whole industry. I have researched and considered other websites but will never sell anywhere else the type of products that I can sell or buy on Swappa. I cannot say enough about how much I love their Website. It is THE BEST!

Response from Brynn A., Swappa Representative
Hi Nilsa, thanks for the thorough review - we are glad you are part of the Swappa community!
damondg
2/15/19

Swappa transaction was very safe, secure and simple, Although its a lil bit of and extra wait, but totally understandable being that of a 1st buyer/seller. Would most definitely use Swappa in the future.

Response from Brynn A., Swappa Representative
Glad to hear you'll be back. Thanks for using Swappa!
ericb435
2/15/19

So much easier than any other 2nd hand electronics website, including ebay. Every device is closely examined by the operators to ensure quality through the pictures, no listing with a cracked screen or severe damage will become live. Also they check to ensure that if there is a serial/imei/etc that it is not a stolen device or unusable. Takes the guess work out of the buyers hands. I am an avid buyer and seller on ebay with over 100+ feedback and I chose Swappa to purchase my new cell phone! Need I say more?

Response from Brynn A., Swappa Representative
We're glad to hear you've joined us at Swappa!!
minask1
2/9/19

It's the best experience for buying a used phone, you can see detailed photos and ask questions before buying a phone.

Response from Brynn A., Swappa Representative
Hi Minas, thanks for using Swappa!
phillipw88
2/9/19

Swappa does what they say. Fees lower than other online sellers. Feel confident buying/selling don their site

Response from Brynn A., Swappa Representative
Hi Philip, thanks for using Swappa!
deborao3
2/9/19

This is a great site. I have purchased three phones through Swappa, and all have been great! The site is set up very well, and makes it easy for buyers and sellers. Thank you!

Response from Brynn A., Swappa Representative
Hi Debora, thanks for the great review!
leannp7
2/5/19

I did my research long and hard before I made my first purchase with swappa. I was and still am very pleased with the purchases I've made. This is my second purchase from this website and I'm not disappointed. Phone arrived in 2 days with tracking info available. Awesome purchase, phone is in mint/new condition. All accessories listed came with the phone in mint condition as well. Love my new note 8. Recommend swappa to friends and family.

Response from Brynn A., Swappa Representative
Hi Leann, we're glad to hear you've had positive experiences - thanks for recommending Swappa to your friends and family!
jimmiec28
2/5/19

Very happy with the ease of the transaction. It all worked so smoothly. Posted info, got inquiries - all seemed serious. Sold within a couple of days!

Response from Brynn A., Swappa Representative
Hi Jimmie, welcome to the Swappa community!

Born A is so accurate. As I posted before the phone I purchased was good for 10 months and then blacklisted. People are allowed to sell their phone to you and then call the company and say it was stolen. Buyer beware there are scammer on SWAPPA for sure.

By BabyCakes-Naadiah G.

Hi Peggy. If you receive a device that is not as advertised then you can return it for a refund. Our policy is that simple. Swappa staff works hard to prevent problems from happening, and PayPal has extensive buyer protections in case they do. Buy with confidence. Thanks for using Swappa.

By Ben E., Swappa Representative

Very safe, I've bought and sold over 40 phones using Swappa and have only had one problem... When that happened both Swappa and PayPal had my back.

By Peter K.

Hi Alfred, Swappa requires all users to provide the ESN number for each device when creating a listing as a verification step. For more questions, please email our support team - help@swappa.com Thanks!

By Brynn A., Swappa Representative

Yes, you should remove and keep your SIM card when you sell your used phone. SIM cards are tied to your account, so are not transferable. More information and why in our FAQ: https://swappa.com/faq/sell/sim_card_included

By Ben E., Swappa Representative

Crooks and unprofessional!!! I Agree WITH THE Person THAT Said THEY Were scammers. I bought an iPhone 6 128mg. It came amd is a 64 and LOCKED with no simms card. I emailed the seller and went thru Swappa. Same scernario...I stead od helping a buyer that was scammed they would rather support and protect their biyer. Of course...verifed. Really??? So my brother is a compliance and regulatory attorney and was able to give me phone number. We. You call it... they stayed ni telephone service . I have tried emal..they deactivated my account so I can't correspondence d any longer with them. They should be put out of business! I don't care how many positive reviews you read. ......you've just been lucky and there are some honest people. ..hit or miss...just wanting to sell their used phone The disguisting part Is how Swappa treats the buyer! !! SHAME.ON ALL OF YOU FOR BEING SO DECEITFUL and not treating people with the time of.day to talk to them.by phone. You hire computer/phone.idiots who get paid.by the hour so they take hours on an issue and it never gets resolved. STAY AWAY FROM THUS COMPANY. CURRENTLY HAVE SEVERAL COMPLAINTS GOING ..FCC REGULATORY,BBB,FRAUD INVESTIGATION STATE OF CONNECTICUT AND MISSOURI.

By Tracy C.

How quickly a listing sells depends on several factors, including price of the listing and popularity of the device being sold. Some listings sell very quickly, some take a few days. It just depends on what's being sold. When a listing is sold you'll be paid via PayPal immediately and are expected to ship to the buyer within two days.

By Ben E., Swappa Representative

Hi Lucy, Swappa is a user-to-user marketplace where buyers and sellers connect to buy and sell tech. All phones are used, and must be fully functional. Our support team reviews and approves all listings before they can be bought (including ESN checks when appropriate). This is a security feature to help protect buyers and make Swappa the safest place to buy and sell used mobile devices online. If you have any more questions, feel free to reach out to us at help@swappa.com

By Brynn A., Swappa Representative

Actually Yes. You need to follow up with the site after you complete your buyers checklist, just to make sure the item you purchase works properly and as advertised. Then complete the sale by leaving a rating.

By LEANN P.

Hi Lynn. If you received a phone from one of our sellers that cannot be activated then it should be returned for a prompt and full refund. We don't allow the sale of phones with unpaid balances, or that otherwise cannot be activated on Swappa. If a seller made a mistake then you'll be refunded. Please email help@swappa.com if you haven't already.

By Ben E., Swappa Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Swappa staff and other customers.

20 Photos for Swappa