Review of Swappa

info@swappa.com
2018 Customer choice award

scottn157
5/19/19

I like to wait a year and buy the next to latest generation phone. I pay half of what a new one costs and then resell my older phone by one generation and it costs me about 100-150$ a year to keep up with more current phones. Much better than shelling out 800-1000 for a new one and keeping it for 5 years. I have had good luck with getting phones that work as advertised. Give it a try and you'll be pleasantly surprised.

marcosp26
5/14/19

If your looking to buy a like new or used phone, tablet, or computer without having to break the bank, look no further than Swappa! I recently purchased the Huawei Mate 20 X on this site, and I have to say I am very pleased that I chose Swappa over Amazon or Ebay.

For first time buyers like myself, it was quite reassuring that all sellers are required to list verification photos of the items they're selling, so what you see is what you get (https://swappa.com/blog/what-is-a-verification-photo/). Additionally, sellers must make sure that the phone is ready for activation, meaning that the phone isn't reported as lost or stolen (https://swappa.com/faq/esn). On top of that, Swappa has a team of moderators that ensure that there's no manipulation or shady tricks happening with the verification photos or the ESN. The best part is that you can easily communicate with the seller for additional photos, more detailed information about the product, and even negotiate for a better price!

It might seem like a lot to ask from a seller, but each of these features make buyers like me much more confident in the integrity of the seller and the product. You don't get ANY of these reassurances on sites like Amazon or Ebay, where you can be easily tricked into buying a counterfeit product, or just not getting what you paid for, and be left holding the bag when the seller disappears from the site, never to be heard from again.

Though its unfortunate I'm seeing so many posts hating on Swappa, I had no problems whatsoever. The seller was quick to respond to my questions, the purchase went smoothly, and I received my phone in a timely manner. I couldn't ask for any better!

sierraw18
5/14/19

I recently bought an Iphone 7 on this site and my experience was absolutely great. Luckily my seller was willing to talk to me and negotiate things with the phone. I love this site!

tonya208
5/13/19

I did my research and was debating about selling my MacBook pro. I was hesitant because I have had bad experiences selling items on other sites. I highly recommend you give Swappa a try.

adrianaz2
5/11/19

This tablet is immaculate! If I didn't know it was pre-own, it would be hard to prove it wasn't! This made my first Swappa buy a joy! Your photos were great and you have renewed my faith in buying used electronics on-line. Thanks!

johnt983
5/9/19

Smooth transaction from A to Z. Fast payment, secure and almost no risk is involved.
To sell or buy electronics, Swappa is the best place, IMHO.

arthurw69
5/9/19

Well I have sold 1 thing and brought 3 things and right now those 3 things are the best purchases that I have made yet!! I heard of this site through a friend and I'm glad I was told about it! Willing to make a another purchase on this site!!

hsnz
5/9/19

I loved the experience. My listing was sold in couple of days and i end up having more profit and less fees.

destinya12
5/8/19

A seller will post something say a phone for 490 and you only have 450 they act like they can bargain with you the sellers are money hungry they have multiple listings but can bargain for one device!

jeanniea13
5/7/19

Received the phone quickly. I bought this phone for my Grandson. I didn't want to spend a lot on a phone for a 16 year old. I had read reviews for swappa and it was positive for the most part. The phone was very easy to set up and my Grandson is very happy with it. Hoping it will last him for a while. The phone looks perfect. No scratches.

bobg285
5/6/19

I've sold a few items here, have not had any problems. Easy to list items and if you have to edit, it's very easy.

alib132
4/28/19

Swappa is a very reliable website for someone who wants a smartphone, camera, laptop basically any electronic device for a fraction , the transactions are smooth and the sellers are honest, I highly recommend this website.

maryr538
4/27/19

Looks like SWAPPA is a "mans" world, they stand behind he seller because they want to keep their percentage of the sale. To get the refund, remember after you spend all the money with a provider only to find out it wasn't a Verizon product, the buyer has to do all the work and wait and see if they get the refund and frankly I don't trust them to give me my money back after they get the phone. Only had men to deal with and of course, right or wrong they stick to the buyer who is also a man.

userx
4/20/19

I ordered a used phone, came fast and described accurately. Unfortunately the phone itself had a hardware flaw I wasn't aware of until I received it. The refund/return process was handled immediately with swappa being the intermediary. The whole experience was easy and worked exactly the way I would hope honest businesses would be run. I would use again and would not hesitate to recommend to others.

adieb1
4/20/19

I'm not on here a lot, I was just looking for a new phone somewhere I wouldn't need to fork over a grand. The verification process everyone goes through to make sure you're not paying for an empty box or faking payment is appreciated, especially after some of the crap I've gone through on other sites *coughebaycough*. All of my transactions have been prompt, and exactly as advertised.

robs342
4/17/19

This is my first phone that I have purchased on Swappa. I liked their business model where they validate all phones up front to make sure they are valid and able to be activated. So I researched for months when I was in the market for a new phone. That being said you must also do your due diligence on who you are buying from to make sure they are reputable. I spent a great deal of time researching companies selling used phones and found one (Adpot-a-Phone) that provided 30 days return no questions, 60 day warranty, free shipping and a great price. I am thoroughly enjoying my new-to-me phone all because of Swappa. I would definitely buy here again.

bills632
4/14/19

This is the second iPhone I purchased on Swappa and both sales were with great people. Swappa is really a great place to buy and sell 'gently used' electronics!!!

Response from Brynn A., Swappa Representative
Thanks for using Swappa!
marlinh11
4/12/19

Today i made my first purchase on swappa. After the payment, my account suddenly became inactive, and more than that - my paypal funds aint refunded, and they're not replying on my emails. Beware!

Response from Brynn A., Swappa Representative
Marlin, due to previous fraud activity on your account, you cannot use our service.We expect the seller to promptly provide a refund.
timothyd104
4/9/19

I like the fact that swappa is so good with having pictures of the actual product your buying, they give you 30 day money back guarantee, all shipments come with tracking and insurance.

If item or items don't come out as described when you receive the product you can file a claim.

I have only had one one bad buy and I knew it was a possibility with the Google Nexus 5x phone. Don't know why I bought it since I had one with boot loop(which it's known for).

Response from Brynn A., Swappa Representative
Welcome to Swappa and thanks for the review!
mayeri
4/7/19

Swappa.com is really easy to use the site is extremely easy to navigate as well there's a lot more profit to be made versus selling at eBay and Amazon can't thank swappa enough for being here for us.

Tip for consumers: Start up slowly by buying only from people you trust or ask away in the comments to make sure you're getting exactly what they described in the pictures and in the product listing.

Response from Brynn A., Swappa Representative
Thanks for using Swappa!
taym2
4/4/19

Swappa guides you through every step of the process when you buy a phone on this website. Sellers and buyers are rated by those they have transactions with to establish credibility. I was provided a tracking number, my phone arrived quickly in great condition.

Response from Brynn A., Swappa Representative
Thanks for using Swappa!
brookec69
Brooke C.
4/3/19

Easy to order. My phone arrived super fast and was in perfect working condition. It was my first time using swappa and I will definitely use it again for my next phone purchase.

Response from Brynn A., Swappa Representative
Thanks for using Swappa - we're glad you'll be back!
niio1
4/1/19

This platform is very simple and not as confusing as other platforms. Very easy to buy/sell on Swappa. So much better than eBay and transactions are seamless. You know exactly how much you are paying Swappa, while on eBay you are charged a percentage based on sales. I have had nothing but pleasant experience on Swappa.

Response from Brynn A., Swappa Representative
Thanks for using Swappa!
lona13
4/1/19

I have purchased three iPhones via Swappa and in each case, I received the phone as advertised and in a condition that was either as described or better!. Any questions I had was easily sent to the vendor and the answers were promptly received All in all a very pleasurable experience and I highly recommend them.

Response from Brynn A., Swappa Representative
Thanks for using Swappa!
davek205
3/29/19

When I know exactly what I want to buy, Swappa is helpful because they'll send alerts that a device with the exact color, GB of storage, etc., that I want has just gone on sale. The process of actually buying is fairly straightforward, but the site and app do have some bugs. Also, like any time you are buying from strangers over the Internet you have to be careful that they have a good reputation etc. But so far, all the sellers I've bought from have been really good about accurately describing the devices they're selling, including any accessories they're bundling in. Swappa is much better than say eBay about the clarity of item listings because their staff reviews each one. I've bought 3 things from the site so far and am very happy with the outcome each time. Finally, prices for most things seem a little lower than on eBay, and it's really easy to negotiate with sellers on price.

Response from Brynn A., Swappa Representative
Thanks for the feedback - we appreciate hearing from our users and we're glad to hear you had 3 successful purchases. Thanks for the review :)

Born A is so accurate. As I posted before the phone I purchased was good for 10 months and then blacklisted. People are allowed to sell their phone to you and then call the company and say it was stolen. Buyer beware there are scammer on SWAPPA for sure.

By BabyCakes-Naadiah G.

Hi Peggy. If you receive a device that is not as advertised then you can return it for a refund. Our policy is that simple. Swappa staff works hard to prevent problems from happening, and PayPal has extensive buyer protections in case they do. Buy with confidence. Thanks for using Swappa.

By Ben E., Swappa Representative

Very safe, I've bought and sold over 40 phones using Swappa and have only had one problem... When that happened both Swappa and PayPal had my back.

By Peter K.

Hi Alfred, Swappa requires all users to provide the ESN number for each device when creating a listing as a verification step. For more questions, please email our support team - help@swappa.com Thanks!

By Brynn A., Swappa Representative

Yes, you should remove and keep your SIM card when you sell your used phone. SIM cards are tied to your account, so are not transferable. More information and why in our FAQ: https://swappa.com/faq/sell/sim_card_included

By Ben E., Swappa Representative

Crooks and unprofessional!!! I Agree WITH THE Person THAT Said THEY Were scammers. I bought an iPhone 6 128mg. It came amd is a 64 and LOCKED with no simms card. I emailed the seller and went thru Swappa. Same scernario...I stead od helping a buyer that was scammed they would rather support and protect their biyer. Of course...verifed. Really??? So my brother is a compliance and regulatory attorney and was able to give me phone number. We. You call it... they stayed ni telephone service . I have tried emal..they deactivated my account so I can't correspondence d any longer with them. They should be put out of business! I don't care how many positive reviews you read. ......you've just been lucky and there are some honest people. ..hit or miss...just wanting to sell their used phone The disguisting part Is how Swappa treats the buyer! !! SHAME.ON ALL OF YOU FOR BEING SO DECEITFUL and not treating people with the time of.day to talk to them.by phone. You hire computer/phone.idiots who get paid.by the hour so they take hours on an issue and it never gets resolved. STAY AWAY FROM THUS COMPANY. CURRENTLY HAVE SEVERAL COMPLAINTS GOING ..FCC REGULATORY,BBB,FRAUD INVESTIGATION STATE OF CONNECTICUT AND MISSOURI.

By Tracy C.

The phones can be either one but most of the time the phones are slightly used. If there is a picture that is always great because you can see for yourself what the phone looks like. Stay away from the refurbished phones with no picture description, for they are probably filled with scratches on the screen and housing.

By SIERRA W.

How quickly a listing sells depends on several factors, including price of the listing and popularity of the device being sold. Some listings sell very quickly, some take a few days. It just depends on what's being sold. When a listing is sold you'll be paid via PayPal immediately and are expected to ship to the buyer within two days.

By Ben E., Swappa Representative

Hi Brian, yes - if the iPhone you purchase on Swappa doesn't work, or doesn't match the listing you can get a full refund. For more information check out our return policy - https://swappa.com/faq/answer/return_policies or email our support team help@swappa.com

By Brynn A., Swappa Representative

Hi Cynthia, on Swappa, we expect devices listed as Unlocked to be Sim unlocked. In the uncommon chance that the device is not unlocked, the seller is expected to address this post sale and you would be eligible for a full refund. We partner with PayPal to ensure buyers receive the device the way it was listed, or you'll get your money back. For more questions, feel free to email us at help@swappa.com.

By Brynn A., Swappa Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Swappa staff and other customers.

23 Photos for Swappa