Review of Solopress

Tel: +44 1702 460047
info@solopress.com

joef111
9/19/17

Awful service. Very peculiar negative attitude when dealing with customers, even loyal ones, when things go wrong. Initially they present themselves as open and friendly, always willing to help you out with queries - but once they have your money it's a different story, even if they are the ones at fault.
Terribly disappointing as I was a long standing customer. Loyalty, in this case, doesn't go both ways. Do not trust them. Save yourself time and money and take your business elsewhere.

teresac82
9/4/17

Ordered banner flyers n cards and needed for event Sunday. Promised by Jake order would b delivered 7.30-10.30 sat morning...it didn't turn up! No one there at weekends!...live chat not there weekends either!....devastated and angry! Got refund at customer services Monday but Jake too cowardly to take my call! Man up....you make mistakes you got to deal with them and at least have guts to say sorry!
Don't use this company....let you down and unprofessional!

tylerp32
9/1/17

They do not care one bit you have a different person to deal with everytime u order comunication is a joke so is customer service they are too big to care they are the cheapest in the market for a reason and thats because the firm is being run by kids who cant wait to just go home

janes212
5/4/17

To be fair Solopress are a very good price and quality is consistent. Sometimes you'll receive a slightly different grade of paper/stock on a repeat order but nothing that would cause too much of an issue.

But there is an issue with their 'estimated delivery'. You'll see if you get your order in on time that a next day delivery is available, along with other options.............this is 'estimated' - A get out clause, because 9 times out of 10 delivery won't be next day (even if proofs are approved in time). Delivery will be 2 days (even if you order in time!), frustrating when you reply on a delivery being made.

A one-off, naaa. Happened now with the last 3 orders placed (by 9am).

Solopress are bound to reply to this message asking me to contact customer support. Well, I have. All that happens is they reply with a despatch email that i would have already received. No apology, so personal email confirming they have looked into it.
Poor customer service when it comes to delivery/despatch. Shame.

Why not offer a free 2 day delivery and charge customers for a next day delivery?......i'd pay if it meant reliability.
Ta.

lizzieb6
4/27/17

We use Solopress for business cards and they have been fine before but our last order with them was just terrible.
We ordered new cards and when they arrived they were not centred, still had the cut marks on them and look terrible.
I rang customers service about 5 times and they kept hanging up on me so I emailed my complaint and surprise, surprise they suddenly had time for us. I explained over the phone the issue again and they said that they were sorry and that they would issue a reprint. I then asked for a refund and they said that we would get our money back because what we had received was totally wrong and it was a gesture of goodwill. Cards arrived and everything was fine....until I received the credit card statement which, showed that they had charged us full price. Rang up and was told that they only do one or the other even if they are the ones that make the mistake. Can't get the money back. They may look good on the surface and I think that generally, they do a fine job but when things go wrong, they really show their true colours. Absolutely rubbish on customer service. Won't be giving them any more business.

peterg157
4/22/17

Just had to have our job refunded. Three weeks and still nothing from them despite repeated chasing of them. They have quite severe isues with communication and customer service clearly isn't high on their agenda. I would honestly avoid using them. A worse experience I have never had with an online printing company.

lettim1
4/13/16

got my money, left my buisness in limbo. if its last minute 24hr delivery go elsewere. they will take ye money before telling you they cant do 24hr delivery. i waited in for an email day1 on day 2 waited in for delivery. day 3 no cards and an APOLOGY. our biggest event over and it cost my buisness customers. SOLOPRESS you will not get away with this. the whole order was intentional. if i had a refund it would be an insult. as that would show it wasnt about the money, it was about taking my buisness out the competition. i came to solopress needing 24hr delivery they took there money and give me 72hr delivery with an apology.

Response from Help H., Solopress Representative
Good morning,

We are very sorry you feel this, we have tried to contact you unmanly occasions but have not been able to reach you. Please contact us back on 01702 460047 so we can resolve this for you.

Kind regards,

Customer Service
Solopress
alixs8
2/19/16

Well, I thought that this service was pretty quick and cheap.
Cards were very good and the interface, for producing the cards was a lot easier than most (this sold me).
50 cards ordered, next day in my hands.

sarahg96
2/1/16

My company ordered A4+ glossy folders for a client seminar. When they arrived the quality was shoddy to the point of being unusable. The edges were not aligned, there was cracking on the folds and the business card slits had been cut landscape rather than portrait.

I complained and asked for the job to be reprinted. I was asked to send photos which I did immediately. The response from Solopress was that as I had missed their error with the business card slits in the proof it was my fault and as they had overprinted by 50 folders that made up for the poor quality.

I accept that I missed the error with the business card slits when I approved the proof; I simply did not think to check something quite that basic. However the error with the slits absolutely does not excuse the fact that the edges of the folders didn't line up because they had been constructed badly, or the cracking on the folds. The fact that they sent an extra 50 folders that I couldn't use in no way addresses the quality issues, it just meant I had an extra box to throw away.

Solopress then said they would collect the entire order to examine it but that was several days later and by then we had thrown all but a couple of folders away as there was no point in having 10 boxes of useless marketing materials cluttering up the office. Solopress then jumped on the fact the folders had been dumped as an excuse not to re-do the job, despite having plenty of close-up photographic evidence of the poor quality.

The fact that Solopress left us without useable marketing materials for a major client event was bad enough but the fact that they have no sense of responsibility and find such shoddy workmanship acceptable is abominable. If I treated my clients like this I soon wouldn't have any.

I gave Solopress ample opportunity to rectify the mistake and I also said I would give them poor online reviews if they didn't and they simply didn't care. They certainly won't be getting any more business from our group of companies and I am writing this review so other people know what treatment they can expect from this company.

gosias
10/16/15

I have just received my leaflets, with a huge white line going across the artwork, which is obviously a misprint and a fault of Solopress. When called to discuss a refund I was told that they could refund me 25% of the price I paid; which is appalling. I don't have time to have them reprinted and lost my money. The customer service have no respect for the customers, money grabbing, unprofessional crowd. I will never use their services again. Lame.

kias3
9/28/15

Do not use this company. After placing a substantial order with them online, I phoned to follow up on my order and had a terrible experience with them, been hung up on twice and spoken to so rudely by their staff. When I asked for a refund they said their payment portal was broken and they didnt know when they would be able to process my refund. There was no customer care or offer to let me know when it would be done. I then was hung up on again! Awful! Stay away!!

Response from Help H., Solopress Representative
Dear Kia,

I am so sorry you feel this way, I can see the order has only cancelled today so the refund will take a few working days to hit your account. We will be in contact shortly to discuss these issues further.

Kind regards,

Customer Service
Solopress
alanh60
7/24/15

Was firstly sent wrong order & now replacement is going be 3 days later than stated! All I keep hearing is sorry, but no help!

customerg
5/28/15

My first order with Solopress was great. Quick turnaround and good quality. Every other order since then has led to multiple reprints and countless emails and phone calls with a different person every time.
If you need a quick one off job, then go for it. If you're trying to print business cards for an entire company and require ongoing service, consistent future printing and an account manager, look elsewhere.

- I ordered a small batch for a few staff once, was happy with the results so decided to use them again later

- I ordered 1 large batch of cards for our entire company. Received them but the printing quality was poor. They agreed and reprinted the whole batch. Totally fine.

- Tried to order more for some other staff and received cards with totally different tones of the colour. This is the response:
"I can confirm the colours will not be correct in this order because they are not supplied in CMYK. We will not be able to maintain a consistent colour if this is not supplied in a CMYK format."

- Never has CYMK been requested on any of the order, and no where is it requested in the purchase process.

- So now I am expected to provide a CYMK for my brand colour that may well be different to whatever the CYMK they have used on all the previous cards they have printed for us.

siraji
10/10/14

Appalling !!

After having an amazing experience - I went back to solopress for a larger order, with a view to get work done over £1000 in total.

This time around, they allocated a very junior designer - this designer was unable to get basic things like font size right in English, or the colour of the fonts. Kept asking for a new designer but to no avail- two weeks later, still the same designer and the same exact problems.

Got a call from Emma Young - customer service - told me they will have to charge me for additional work. When I asked what additional work, she could not tell me what they were and further became rude because all the changes I had asked for were correction to their mistakes and lack of attention to detail.

Absolutely appalling - be careful.

LATEST: Got proof back, mistakes that were corrected have been reversed! One step forward, two steps back. For Gods sake, third week now!!!

annam65
11/1/13

Not long time ago I have received a quote for a large quantity of printing. I have sent the email later confirming the printing and asking couple more questions as a result had no reply. I gave a call and find out the person is no longer working for the company. They came back to me a week later with quote in 4 times more expensive than original one for the same print. They were claiming that the person who was working was underestimating the jobs. I dont know if its true or not, but I have spent a month and wasted my time. I think its a very bad customer service, they have to be responsible for there employes and not finding excuses. Its there problem inside the company and should stay inside the company.

Response from Help H., Solopress Representative
Good afternoon Anna,

We are sorry that you feel this way,
In order for us to be able to investigate into this further, are you able to forward the quotes that you received to help@solopress.com.

Please can you also provide us with some contact details for yourself so we can discuss further.

Kindest regards
Customer Service Representative
Phone: 01702460047
Email: Victoria.Stevenson@solopress.com

Questions? Get answers from the Solopress staff and other customers.

2 Photos for Solopress