Review of Solopress

Tel: +44 1702 460047
info@solopress.com

nevillek1
8/20/18

Solo press have been the preferred option for printing at my business for the past 6 years and will continue to be so with exceptional service and recommendations from staff members like clyde dixon.

Not only did he help me save money but he also suggested the very best quality print options in a fast and timely mannnor.

Nev

emmas153
7/2/18

Bought some business cards from them, they arrived damaged from printing which they admitted to and refused to fix. When speaking to the adviser he rudely kept telling me to wait when I was typing. I will never buy anything from this company again. I paid £43 for 50 business cards which were unusable!

mikec614
6/5/18

Where do I start? Awful experience and we have lost a customer because they messed up the order. Quality of print was good but back pages came loose when opening. They also only sent a third of the order. No understanding and reassurance and refused a refund as the remainng order had gone to print. Frustrated was not the word and at no time despite numerous emails which were ignored, phone calls where I was fobbed off and when asking for email confirmation to confirm the delivery date promised - nothng came through. I exlained that because they had delayed the order and the binding quality was rejected by my customer that a cancellation occured. Nothng. Absolutely no customer service at all and we are nearly £500 out of pocket with a potential delivery apparantly with no email confirmation for friday. First and last time we have used them. Avoid,like the plague! They have taken our money and could not give a $#*! about anything past that. Unbelievably bad.

dianab179
5/25/18

I totally agree with these other reviews. What used to be an excellent printing service, has now become too complacent, and basically the last person to matter to them is the customer. I totally rely on the efficiency of my printing service for my business, and they have let me down time and time again in the last few months .... sometimes with stupid printing mistakes ie I sent a PDF all in one for double sided. They put the same image on the front and the back and never used my second page. Another time they left one side totally blank, although I'd paid for double sided. But what really concerns me is that the customer care has completely disappeared .... no-one gets back to you either by phone or email. They make promises they don't keep .... it used to be SUCH A BRILLIANT printing service .... now I would steer clear of Solopress at all costs.Also there are cheaper and better services out there. I am still waiting for my corrected printing and I have 5000 flyers sitting in my flat that are totally useless. I hope they take them back!! I will update as to whether this is all rectified, but at present, and unless they up their game, STEER CLEAR and use another printing service. So sad to have to write this review, but the whole thing has totally depressed me. (I apologise to Solopress if I was rude on the phone .... but in my position I think a lot of people would be!) And PS - I normally only ever give a review if it is positive and five stars, but, unfortunately the recent treatment from 'Solopress' has really tipped me over and I feel it is important to warn others. Let's hope they sort it out and I'll rewrite this!

claireh103
5/21/18

I wish I'd read these reviews before I wasted my time and money. Unhelpful, unprofessional and now telling me that I have to wait 5 days for a refund from an order that they haven't processed as they have neither the knowledge nor inclination to help me.

ricardog35
4/23/18

They just don't care.
Their prices are really good, their print is good enough, but their customer service is absolutely outrageous! Plus, they use DPD for delivery and DPD is incredibly inefficient.
I've placed an order with Solopress and the DPD driver didn't deliver my order saying that the lift in the building was broken, however there are 4 lifts in the building. Anyway, I spoke to Solopress and they did absolutely nothing to help. I really needed that order that day, so I needed to go all the way to DPD's depot spending a good amount of money in cabs to solve their mistake.
I've been trying to explain to Solopress' customer service team the mistake they made, but doesn't matter what I say, they make no effort at all to understand the problem. Every email they send back to me is with some patronising fact trying to prove that I'm wrong and I need to go back to them trying to prove the obvious to someone that doesn't what to help or care. Seems that they don't even understand their own system. And they don't even apologise when, time after time, I show them how wrong they are...
Anyway, just avoid Solopress if you need good work delivered in time.

jamesm1124
4/18/18

Absolutely appalling experience. Ordered 2 print jobs with so called 24 hour service. One arrived 3 days later printed at completely the wrong scale, despite Solopress's own template being used. The other arrived 6 days later - too late for the event it was ordered for. Customer service following this was basically non existent. I eventually got a refund for one job but in the end they stopped responding to me altogether about the other one. DO NOT USE - they are cheap, but there is a reason for this!

michaela439
3/20/18

This is simply not good enough, folks. You should not advertise yourselves as a 24-hour service if you cannot deliver even a very small and simple order in that timeframe. Will not do business with you again.

joeh177
3/19/18

Sadly Solopress badly let me down. I placed an order on Friday and realised straight after placing it that there were problems with it. No button to cancel the order; nobody available to help on phone or chat. I sent an email but nobody manning emails or phone over weekend. Somehow, however, my order printed and on Monday morning it was too late to cancel. If printing can happen over the weekend, then why not customer service too (even if more limited), in case of emergencies like this? Or at least a cancel button. I asked how to make a formal complaint and nobody had the courtesy to respond to my email. Deeply disappointing :(

dougm95
12/8/17

I had been using Solopress for around three years and was really impressed with their service and quality of products. Unfortunately, the quality of their products has declined over the last six months. I recently purchased six roller banners from them and they all have faulty mechanisms. The posters I have ordered have all varied in quality and delivery has sometimes been delayed due to unexplained reasons.

I am now taking my business to a local company that can provide consistent quality. Something has happened at Solopress.

jv49
12/4/17

I had the same experience as a number of customers who have written in this forum. I used them on a number of occasions and found the work a little sloppy however not bad considering for the price and speedy delivery. However customer service are their weak link. I remember seeing on their website that they say they re-print / refund work if customers are unhappy. I found that to be 100% false, not only that but it was so frustrating dealing with their customer service, that I would advise anyone against even trying.

jackj110
10/18/17

Used Solopress for years with excellent print and service, but this year they have gone downhill. If the job is printed well, it's good quality, but if it;s not they seem incapable of getting it right.
Customer service is a joke, noone communicates, there's no complaints manager, you have to repeat yourself, even after complaining you only get, sorry about that. we've lost long term clients work because of this.
They are trying to do too much, too cheap and it's now bringing the company down. Mistakes are made and noone cares, noone ever answers to it.

joef111
9/19/17

Awful service. Very peculiar negative attitude when dealing with customers, even loyal ones, when things go wrong. Initially they present themselves as open and friendly, always willing to help you out with queries - but once they have your money it's a different story, even if they are the ones at fault.
Terribly disappointing as I was a long standing customer. Loyalty, in this case, doesn't go both ways. Do not trust them. Save yourself time and money and take your business elsewhere.

teresac82
9/4/17

Ordered banner flyers n cards and needed for event Sunday. Promised by Jake order would b delivered 7.30-10.30 sat morning...it didn't turn up! No one there at weekends!...live chat not there weekends either!....devastated and angry! Got refund at customer services Monday but Jake too cowardly to take my call! Man up....you make mistakes you got to deal with them and at least have guts to say sorry!
Don't use this company....let you down and unprofessional!

tylerp32
9/1/17

They do not care one bit you have a different person to deal with everytime u order comunication is a joke so is customer service they are too big to care they are the cheapest in the market for a reason and thats because the firm is being run by kids who cant wait to just go home

janes212
5/4/17

To be fair Solopress are a very good price and quality is consistent. Sometimes you'll receive a slightly different grade of paper/stock on a repeat order but nothing that would cause too much of an issue.

But there is an issue with their 'estimated delivery'. You'll see if you get your order in on time that a next day delivery is available, along with other options.............this is 'estimated' - A get out clause, because 9 times out of 10 delivery won't be next day (even if proofs are approved in time). Delivery will be 2 days (even if you order in time!), frustrating when you reply on a delivery being made.

A one-off, naaa. Happened now with the last 3 orders placed (by 9am).

Solopress are bound to reply to this message asking me to contact customer support. Well, I have. All that happens is they reply with a despatch email that i would have already received. No apology, so personal email confirming they have looked into it.
Poor customer service when it comes to delivery/despatch. Shame.

Why not offer a free 2 day delivery and charge customers for a next day delivery?......i'd pay if it meant reliability.
Ta.

lizzieb6
4/27/17

We use Solopress for business cards and they have been fine before but our last order with them was just terrible.
We ordered new cards and when they arrived they were not centred, still had the cut marks on them and look terrible.
I rang customers service about 5 times and they kept hanging up on me so I emailed my complaint and surprise, surprise they suddenly had time for us. I explained over the phone the issue again and they said that they were sorry and that they would issue a reprint. I then asked for a refund and they said that we would get our money back because what we had received was totally wrong and it was a gesture of goodwill. Cards arrived and everything was fine....until I received the credit card statement which, showed that they had charged us full price. Rang up and was told that they only do one or the other even if they are the ones that make the mistake. Can't get the money back. They may look good on the surface and I think that generally, they do a fine job but when things go wrong, they really show their true colours. Absolutely rubbish on customer service. Won't be giving them any more business.

peterg157
4/22/17

Just had to have our job refunded. Three weeks and still nothing from them despite repeated chasing of them. They have quite severe isues with communication and customer service clearly isn't high on their agenda. I would honestly avoid using them. A worse experience I have never had with an online printing company.

lettim1
4/13/16

got my money, left my buisness in limbo. if its last minute 24hr delivery go elsewere. they will take ye money before telling you they cant do 24hr delivery. i waited in for an email day1 on day 2 waited in for delivery. day 3 no cards and an APOLOGY. our biggest event over and it cost my buisness customers. SOLOPRESS you will not get away with this. the whole order was intentional. if i had a refund it would be an insult. as that would show it wasnt about the money, it was about taking my buisness out the competition. i came to solopress needing 24hr delivery they took there money and give me 72hr delivery with an apology.

Response from Help H., Solopress Representative
Good morning,

We are very sorry you feel this, we have tried to contact you unmanly occasions but have not been able to reach you. Please contact us back on 01702 460047 so we can resolve this for you.

Kind regards,

Vicky Stevenson
Customer Service
Solopress
alixs8
2/19/16

Well, I thought that this service was pretty quick and cheap.
Cards were very good and the interface, for producing the cards was a lot easier than most (this sold me).
50 cards ordered, next day in my hands.

sarahg96
2/1/16

My company ordered A4+ glossy folders for a client seminar. When they arrived the quality was shoddy to the point of being unusable. The edges were not aligned, there was cracking on the folds and the business card slits had been cut landscape rather than portrait.

I complained and asked for the job to be reprinted. I was asked to send photos which I did immediately. The response from Solopress was that as I had missed their error with the business card slits in the proof it was my fault and as they had overprinted by 50 folders that made up for the poor quality.

I accept that I missed the error with the business card slits when I approved the proof; I simply did not think to check something quite that basic. However the error with the slits absolutely does not excuse the fact that the edges of the folders didn't line up because they had been constructed badly, or the cracking on the folds. The fact that they sent an extra 50 folders that I couldn't use in no way addresses the quality issues, it just meant I had an extra box to throw away.

Solopress then said they would collect the entire order to examine it but that was several days later and by then we had thrown all but a couple of folders away as there was no point in having 10 boxes of useless marketing materials cluttering up the office. Solopress then jumped on the fact the folders had been dumped as an excuse not to re-do the job, despite having plenty of close-up photographic evidence of the poor quality.

The fact that Solopress left us without useable marketing materials for a major client event was bad enough but the fact that they have no sense of responsibility and find such shoddy workmanship acceptable is abominable. If I treated my clients like this I soon wouldn't have any.

I gave Solopress ample opportunity to rectify the mistake and I also said I would give them poor online reviews if they didn't and they simply didn't care. They certainly won't be getting any more business from our group of companies and I am writing this review so other people know what treatment they can expect from this company.

gosias
10/16/15

I have just received my leaflets, with a huge white line going across the artwork, which is obviously a misprint and a fault of Solopress. When called to discuss a refund I was told that they could refund me 25% of the price I paid; which is appalling. I don't have time to have them reprinted and lost my money. The customer service have no respect for the customers, money grabbing, unprofessional crowd. I will never use their services again. Lame.

kias3
9/28/15

Do not use this company. After placing a substantial order with them online, I phoned to follow up on my order and had a terrible experience with them, been hung up on twice and spoken to so rudely by their staff. When I asked for a refund they said their payment portal was broken and they didnt know when they would be able to process my refund. There was no customer care or offer to let me know when it would be done. I then was hung up on again! Awful! Stay away!!

Response from Help H., Solopress Representative
Dear Kia,

I am so sorry you feel this way, I can see the order has only cancelled today so the refund will take a few working days to hit your account. We will be in contact shortly to discuss these issues further.

Kind regards,

Vicky Stevenson
Customer Service
Solopress
alanh60
7/24/15

Was firstly sent wrong order & now replacement is going be 3 days later than stated! All I keep hearing is sorry, but no help!

customerg
5/28/15

My first order with Solopress was great. Quick turnaround and good quality. Every other order since then has led to multiple reprints and countless emails and phone calls with a different person every time.
If you need a quick one off job, then go for it. If you're trying to print business cards for an entire company and require ongoing service, consistent future printing and an account manager, look elsewhere.

- I ordered a small batch for a few staff once, was happy with the results so decided to use them again later

- I ordered 1 large batch of cards for our entire company. Received them but the printing quality was poor. They agreed and reprinted the whole batch. Totally fine.

- Tried to order more for some other staff and received cards with totally different tones of the colour. This is the response:
"I can confirm the colours will not be correct in this order because they are not supplied in CMYK. We will not be able to maintain a consistent colour if this is not supplied in a CMYK format."

- Never has CYMK been requested on any of the order, and no where is it requested in the purchase process.

- So now I am expected to provide a CYMK for my brand colour that may well be different to whatever the CYMK they have used on all the previous cards they have printed for us.

Questions? Get answers from the Solopress staff and other customers.

Solopress?