Review of Solopress

info@solopress.com

charlied83
Charlie D.
6/26/19

Thanks to Kyle Springford for helping me out with my query. Great customer service! Massive credit to the company and very prompt!

lukee24
6/12/19

I had some little A6 flyers printed. Very simple job. Had a 6mm border around the edge and when they have been trimmed you would think one side was 8mm and the other was 2mm.

They were printed on the wrong stock also.

When I tried to complain I was told that as 5 days had passed there was nothing they could do.

On my experience I will never use this mob again and suggest that any one thinking of placing an order with solo press stay well clear

Luke Evans
LECreative

gracep84
6/3/19

Completely unreliable. I won't be using them again. I actually gave them a second chance after they messed up a previous order, but dealt with it really well. Fool me though because this time the order I was meant to be collecting hadn't even been started yet - caused huge issues because I needed them for an event. They offered me a 20% refund, but just don't think that is good enough compensation for the massive headache caused. Not happy.

gggggt
4/12/19

Firstly the sales people did not email me until end of play on the morning of my order to say my artwork was incorrect...lost 1 day...
Then we uploaded the revised artwork to a template from their site....to be told late the second day it still wasn't correct...lost another day.....the so called salesperson sent another template...which was the same as the one from their site...uploaded new artwork to be told it's still wrong....then by a second salesperson it was correct....day three... order arrived today (day 5) all 5000 leaflets has s bad print error.
Did get a refund, but as these are for local elections I've lost more than a week of campaigning time.
AVOID IF YOU CAN

businesso8
1/18/19

Ordered some business cards and had some issues with my order, and the customer support team are shockingly bad, lazy, one word answers, no effort to try help.. poor! solopress would do better off without a support team, i think they needed to pay more attention at school i think...
The product and the price A+ the guys in graphics and printing obviously know what they're doing... compared to the dumbassess in support. shocker

miker576
1/11/19

Absolute cowboys. This shower (I nearly put company then but that would be an insult to descent business owners around the country) has cost us time and money. Starting with the so called salesperson *, he has done nothing but blatantly lie to us all along despite numerous phone calls he has completely wasted our time. We decided to call the customer service team (very much a play on words) which consisted of a guy called * he epitomises this outfit, he was rude and obnoxious, his opening gambit when I told him I had a complaint "go for it mate" it went further downhill after that, once asked what the name of the CEO was he replied "I dont know you can find out on google". Another call to the sales team to ask to speak to the sales manager resulted in no call back. Left messages for * and * still nothing. We have now gone to a descent professional print company as this lot are clearly not. If I ran this business I would be absolutely ashamed of myself but I guess this will be another bad review amongst many. Do yourself a favour and steer well clear they don't deliver.

*Personal information redacted by admin

dianab179
12/18/18

I would beg people not to be taken in by these negative reviews. I have yet to find a printing company to match Solopress on quality and price, and everyone is always so friendly. So I must write to highly commend the total efficiency and brilliance of Solopress and in particular, Michael Day. I am constantly last minute and forever making mistakes with my wording. The ever long suffering Michael Day always deals with my problems and he has always ensured that my printing arrives on time - beautifully packed and ALWAYS perfect. I cannot recommend this company highly enough - and any problems just get through to this lovely man, who could not be more helpful, courteous and tolerant of people like me! He really goes the extra mile to keep his customers happy, and the result is the highest quality printing at the lowest prices.I have tried a number of online printing companies and I have not found one to match Solopress for quality and price.Thank you Michael and Solopress.

lorrainel55
11/29/18

Very disappointed to receive an email last night stating that despite having been promised and paid for delivery today my order has not been dispatched and will not be delivered on time.

johnc1880
11/28/18

Do not use this company
we placed two orders.. and they could not deliver on either!!
Even after we told them before printing about amendments they still got it wrong..
Go to a local printer!!!

THEY ARE CHEAP FOR A REASON!!
THEY UNDER DELIVER!!!

jacobg93
11/13/18

I have spent thousands with this company over the last few years but when I asked to return a clearly faulty roller banner I was told I couldn't as it had been more than 30 days since the order was placed. Then I was told I couldn't speak to anyone more senior about it as "they'll say the same thing".

I'll spend a few quid more and go somewhere else. Well done Solopress for losing a regular customer over a £29 roller banner. Ridiculous.

samv46
11/5/18

Worst customer service , Placed order for printing business cards Job no 1925791 on Monday for a delivery on Wednesday , Wednesday evening I was emailed delivery on Thursday. Thursday I phoned them thrice no reply , Finally on Friday I spoke to someone who promised me for a delivery on following Monday , Are we fools to pay for 24 hrs service and wait for 1 week . I cancelled the order.
I have used solopress on many occasion but last few years they are bad to worst . Avoid its a trap

derekj42
10/16/18

First I must say that the order I placed was on time, and the paper was of good quality. The issue I had was colour matching. Problem was, the faint background colours came out too strong making the foreground text unclear, possibly just my inexperience not allowing enough contrast.

So why the poor review? The customer service department didn't provide customer service.

I didn't ask for a refund, just advice on making sure that I had a way of achieving a better match when I ordered next time. The response "The printout matched the image you uploaded", not helpful as it doesn't match the screen (including their proof image) or my home test printout in both of which the text is clear. Now gone for home printed A4 posters using a cheap inkjet printer with cheap compatible cartridges, these, without changing the PDF input file, come out fine. But are not the A3 posters I really wanted.

austinp31
10/12/18

Solopress is no longer what they used to be. Now they will simply not print your job on the agreed date and send you a lie that it has been dispatched and in later send another saying it will be dlspatched 3 days later. WATCH OUT. When you call them, you will realise they don't really care. I sent a job 3days before delivery, despite promising to deliver on the 3rd day, found out on the delivery date that they did not even bother to print it. I WILL NEVER EVER USE THEM AGAIN. I lost a client because of them. You have been warned, don't use them.

josen61
10/11/18

Awful service, this will be the last time!! twice failed to deliver my business card on the agreed date and time. I wasn't notified of any changes and what they do is resend your order summary with a different date (watch out for this - call and complain) - no reasons why they couldn't, no apologies, no incentives i.e. 10% discount as a gesture of goodwill. As a result i'm flying off tomorrow without my business cards and felt I need to make people aware.

After my first call, they explain my order needed to be reprinted, which is fair enough you have a quality control in place, but why would it be delayed by an entire day? its only 250 business cards!! Nonetheless, i was promised a 'pre 10:30am' slot for next day delivery and again they failed to deliver on that - this time it was there machines which were down. Again, it took for me to call and find out the problem. At this point they should be grovelling, giving me discounts or some credit to show incentive. ASK FOR A REFUND!!

If it takes day four days to deliver a meager 250 business cards, then I will not be ordering from you again!

mrm166
9/28/18

No, follow up on my quote, eating while on a call to me. A staff member called Clyde, avoid this company their really not interested in customer satisfaction.

lorrainep46
9/12/18

Initially I was very happy. I ordered enough leaflets to last me a year. However after 6 months the prints had developed a purple/pink hue and now approximately half my order is unusable. Solopress will not do anything about it since 'I should have raised with problem within 5 working days'. They don't seem to grasp the idea that the problem developed AFTER the five working days.

johnn432
8/30/18

Solopress are one of the best online printers and services. I've been using them consistently for the last three years and the quality is always good as are the prices and turnaround times. Everything is laid out simply and efficiently on their website. But they aren't just a faceless website, there are real people behind this who will go the extra to help. If I have issues then their team will sort it for you. Jasmine Perry at Solo is excellent in this regard. Highly recommended. I am used to using online printers and if they didn't provide a good product on time then I would go elsewhere but I am struggling to think of an occasion when I wasn't happy and if I was it was usually my own fault.

nevillek1
8/20/18

Solo press have been the preferred option for printing at my business for the past 6 years and will continue to be so with exceptional service and recommendations from staff members like clyde dixon.

Not only did he help me save money but he also suggested the very best quality print options in a fast and timely mannnor.

Nev

emmas153
7/2/18

Bought some business cards from them, they arrived damaged from printing which they admitted to and refused to fix. When speaking to the adviser he rudely kept telling me to wait when I was typing. I will never buy anything from this company again. I paid £43 for 50 business cards which were unusable!

mikec614
6/5/18

Where do I start? Awful experience and we have lost a customer because they messed up the order. Quality of print was good but back pages came loose when opening. They also only sent a third of the order. No understanding and reassurance and refused a refund as the remainng order had gone to print. Frustrated was not the word and at no time despite numerous emails which were ignored, phone calls where I was fobbed off and when asking for email confirmation to confirm the delivery date promised - nothng came through. I exlained that because they had delayed the order and the binding quality was rejected by my customer that a cancellation occured. Nothng. Absolutely no customer service at all and we are nearly £500 out of pocket with a potential delivery apparantly with no email confirmation for friday. First and last time we have used them. Avoid,like the plague! They have taken our money and could not give a $#*! about anything past that. Unbelievably bad.

claireh103
5/21/18

I wish I'd read these reviews before I wasted my time and money. Unhelpful, unprofessional and now telling me that I have to wait 5 days for a refund from an order that they haven't processed as they have neither the knowledge nor inclination to help me.

ricardog35
4/23/18

They just don't care.
Their prices are really good, their print is good enough, but their customer service is absolutely outrageous! Plus, they use DPD for delivery and DPD is incredibly inefficient.
I've placed an order with Solopress and the DPD driver didn't deliver my order saying that the lift in the building was broken, however there are 4 lifts in the building. Anyway, I spoke to Solopress and they did absolutely nothing to help. I really needed that order that day, so I needed to go all the way to DPD's depot spending a good amount of money in cabs to solve their mistake.
I've been trying to explain to Solopress' customer service team the mistake they made, but doesn't matter what I say, they make no effort at all to understand the problem. Every email they send back to me is with some patronising fact trying to prove that I'm wrong and I need to go back to them trying to prove the obvious to someone that doesn't what to help or care. Seems that they don't even understand their own system. And they don't even apologise when, time after time, I show them how wrong they are...
Anyway, just avoid Solopress if you need good work delivered in time.

jamesm1124
4/18/18

Absolutely appalling experience. Ordered 2 print jobs with so called 24 hour service. One arrived 3 days later printed at completely the wrong scale, despite Solopress's own template being used. The other arrived 6 days later - too late for the event it was ordered for. Customer service following this was basically non existent. I eventually got a refund for one job but in the end they stopped responding to me altogether about the other one. DO NOT USE - they are cheap, but there is a reason for this!

michaela439
3/20/18

This is simply not good enough, folks. You should not advertise yourselves as a 24-hour service if you cannot deliver even a very small and simple order in that timeframe. Will not do business with you again.

joeh177
3/19/18

Sadly Solopress badly let me down. I placed an order on Friday and realised straight after placing it that there were problems with it. No button to cancel the order; nobody available to help on phone or chat. I sent an email but nobody manning emails or phone over weekend. Somehow, however, my order printed and on Monday morning it was too late to cancel. If printing can happen over the weekend, then why not customer service too (even if more limited), in case of emergencies like this? Or at least a cancel button. I asked how to make a formal complaint and nobody had the courtesy to respond to my email. Deeply disappointing :(

Questions? Get answers from the Solopress staff and other customers.

2 Photos for Solopress