Review of Skyscanner.net

Tel: +44.1312525353
hayley.smith@skyscanner.net

takea
6/13/19

Practically none of the advertised prices on Skyscanner are reliable. This website can no longer be trusted.

marcov42
5/27/19

I used to have the Skyscanner app on my mobile until their providers soon became reason enough for me to stay away. The Skyscanner providers for both flights and hotels engage in very fraudulent business practices which will end up costing the consumer not only financially, but also with their time, efforts, and most importantly, TRUST.
In my case, I needed a flight so you will notice that when you check the "deals" for whichever service you need, there is a huge disparity between certain "providers" and the recognizable others such as: Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, etc. This is because those other unreliable providers falsely advertise low fares. After clicking the booking button for that low fare; customers to go through a "booking process", then sends a booking confirmation email with caveat of "THIS IS NOT YOUR E-TICKET". When the customer clicks link to print e-ticket, it states to "CHECK BACK IN 2 HOURS". After 2+ hours and you call Skyscanner's providers customer service out of concern of your presumed e-ticket; this is where the BAIT & SWITCH process occurs. The provider will offer another fare and other dates, but they still won't give you an e-ticket?? So you are back to square one and possibly owing more money and added stress than you'll need.
I am EXTREMELY disappointed by Skyscanner's approved providers and lack of monitoring their performance and bad business practices. I have come to the conclusion that Skyscanner should no longer have my business in the future as well as highly recommend that you should not either. I do not state these items lightly but please make note of this review as I have provided proof of my purchase which was not handled properly by Skyscanner or their provider.

ottob21
5/19/19

here are two ways to buy tickets:

1 - you buy on the Skyscanner website, it redirects you to the agency where you pay, there is a risk that the agency will be fake.

I also bought it, but less. I like the second option more.

2 - you will find out in which agency or airline prices are lower and buy on their website or application.
I buy tickets for vueling, transavia and other lowcaster.

denisf34
4/13/19

Hi there ,
I want to warn potential customers of the company Skyscanner. Be very attentive !!!
Skyscanner company doesn't warn about very important information that when you fly through America, Canada, Singapore, London, you will need to have visas for these countries as they do not have transit zones. What millions of tourists simply don`t know because no one informed them in advance and they are in a very unpleasant situation.

Also, in case of cancellation of tickets purchased on the partners site, the company Skyscanner doesn`t warn in advance that the money for the tickets won`t be refunded before the Skyscanner company redirects you to buy the selected flight conditions to the partners website which also don`t warn you about the information I said.

This is an administrative violation of the Skyscanner company and fraud. And also this is the complete lack of service and care for their customers.

Be very careful and better contact another company for quality and professional services!

dylanc53
4/11/19

I lost EUR850 because this useless travel site Skyscanner is listing scam travel agencies and does not care if you lose money as long as they are getting paid their fat commission. They will tell you tell have nothing to do with flights they display on their site and the money you lost is gone because is not their job to vet and review the travel agencies that they list on their site.

Trip booked through Sky scanner: Skyscanner / #683039
Flight ticket: 24915132.

Don't let the reviews on this site fool you. Over 80% of the reviews are bought and paid for from review farms. Don't trust all the glowing reviews as the majority are fake The most important thing to understand that Skyscanner and its related travel agency partners offer no real value. If you see a flight offer just go on the actual airline website and book the flight directly. It will be cheaper and you will save money and hassle instead of dealing with a third party intermediary.

To sum it up, even if you use flight search engine or agency to search for flights, NEVER EVER BOOK A FLIGHT THROUGH THIS SITE. Just take the search results and go on the airline website operating the flight. You will save money, get support in case your flight has issues and you will thank me for saving you trouble

cms3
1/22/19

The search the whole month option is very misleading. It quotes a price at 68 euros for outbound and 67 for the return but the ticket price is over 355. That is not good math. It used to be an honest company, but it's not worth your time anymore.

jult1
12/26/18

Be sure that you take a big risk using Skyscanner. This service is not reliable. More I will say, this company is a fraud, and probably scyscanner got shares of stolen money which fake agents collect from us. I booked a ticket from Tripair via Skyscanner. They took money, but I did not get any ticket
. Tripair customer service does not work, phones are fake. Skyscanner just make a formal reply on my request, they are not going to help. Both Tripair, and Skyscanner are fraud companies. Need to share this information in all resources. Why should I feed thieves???? These mother$#*!ers have stolen from street animals which I feed every day.

robertb1285
10/26/18

I've been ripped off to the tune of £800 by a company called FLYSHARP who sell flights through the SKYSCANNER website. Don't even think about using FLYSHARP as they are cowboys if the highest order but I was expecting more from SKYSCANNER but they've more or less washed their hands of it. Something is seriously adrift here folks. Do not book flights through either FLYSHARP or SKYSCANNER or you will live to regret it, like me. Book directly through airline websites only.

jeehanf
9/29/18

DO NOT TRUST SKY SCANNER.

The site shows flights from Jakarta, Indonesia (CGK) to Mouscron, Belgium (MWW) visa NusaTrip but AFTER I buy it the DESTINATION changed!!!
Mouscron, Belgium (MWW) changed to MALINAU, BORNEO (MWW).

I contacted NusaTrip only AN HOUR after I bought the tickets (which on January 2019) and they charged me 50% for cancellation. What a rip-off!!! I am sure this is an organized scam!!!

DO NOT USE EITHER SKYSCANNER OR NUSATRIP

jazzm6
9/8/18

It's a FRAUD. Bought a ticket 4 months ahead but did received any confirmation. I called the customer service, but he told I have no reservation. Don't trust this website.

stephaniek151
7/15/18

What an unreliable, scammy website. I HAVE booked before through Sky Scanner (always choosing an airline website, not one of their unvetted, dodgy, unknown intermediaries) with no problem but now I will not because... 1. You are mislead to believing that this is a comparison of all websites/options for purchasing. Actually many reputable companies and airlines have refused to work with/give money to Sky Scanner, so it's not really even most of the options available to you. 2. The advertised prices are misleading and much more when you click through to book (and I'm not just talking about a few dollars/pounds). This is false advertising, there is no need with technology as it is for prices to be out of date (and it's coincidentally always in their favour). So I can only conclude that prices are manipulated and as a result are regularly advertised falsely. Consumers are smarter than you think, SkyScammer!

Tip for consumers: Just don't. You're smarter than that.

incis
7/1/18

They give you fake flight tickets!!! Be aware!
I bought a ticket for 29th of June, and when i arrived to the airport they told me my ticket is for 30th of June.

kayl88
6/16/18

My boyfriend and I found a flight deal via Skyscanner for tickets from a place called ExploreTrip. I purchased my tickets about 2.5 months ahead of my flight date.

Had I not had a random questions and called Exploretrip (the place that issued my etickets) 2 days before my flight, I would not have found out that Exploretrip actually CANCELLED my tickets without telling me. For 2.5 months I actually had NO TICKETS and would have shown up at the airport to discover that I had no flights but was charged.

They ended up charging me TWICE for 1 pair of tickets bc they did not refund my first pair and my priority was to get the same flights for the same price. They assured me that I was refunded which was why I (stupidly) went ahead and allowed them to charge me again for the flights. Later checking it was not refunded, I called and talked to about 10 people and nobody was able to help me.

Luckily for me, after 2 months of being persistent they finally issued me a full refund. If they did not refund me, I would have opened a case dwith my creditcard company and I would have taken this up with the Ontario Travel Regulators.

WATCH OUT FOR EXPLORETRIP, THEY'RE SCAMMERS. AND WILL CANCEL ON YOU WITHOUT NOTIFICATION AND PROVIDE NO REFUND IF YOU DO NOT TAKE IT UP WITH THEM. BE PERSISTENT.

abdulb21
4/18/18

I am a victim of this scam company. I wished I had first researched before booking. I actually did not do due deligence check because they were listed on recommendations from skyscanner. Lesson learnt but definitely something has to be done. Reviews are certainly not enough since this has been going on for long. All reputable companies including airlines I believe should disassociate themselves with this frudulent company.
Here is my story. I booked a flight from Singapore to South Africa as directed by Skyscanner to tripsta, I got accurate confirmation after making reservation; then after two days, tripsta sent me a generic cancellation of my booking saying that it contraviens their terms and conditions without any specific mentioned cause. They stated that I will get my full refund within 5 days. This morning I got an alert from my bank on the refund however the amount I paid and what was refunded are different. I got a shortfall of $100. This is a fraud. Why should I be charge for a cancellation effected by Tripsta? We need to escalate this until Tripsta is banned since Im not the only victim, and its been ongoing for years. It could be that their only business is subtle stealing, and might not even be a legit flight agent. But then why would skyscanner add them on their listing. This must STOP.

lenaf9
4/7/18

I became very dissapointed booking a ticket at Supersavertravels webbsite, they are presenting one price side side after side while you are doing your reservation with big blue letters, as you enter the last page were you should chose your payment method. To chose payment method you have to scroll down, when you scroll down you loose the sight of the big blue price and you cant see price is changing as long as you dont chose their pree-coseed Nordea payment. Then they write with tiny tiny letter as a last tiny line were you should make a mark on terms and conditions that price is changed, I guess only time they wanna make it hard for costumers to see a price when they changed it to something else? And the reason is to fool as many people as possible, I was one of them and I hope they will consider to change my price back to the right one or give me my money back without charging me. If they wont I will never book via them again and hope other people will read this and skip them as well.

pascalep1
4/6/18

Please be aware that Skyscanner provide quotes from scam car hire companies (such as Economy Booking/Bookinggroup.com). Please also be aware that, when you try and contact Skyscanner to let them know you are "disappointed" about this, you find yourself unable to submit your comments as it rejects whichever email address you give as your contact.

donj60
3/15/18

This is one of the few websites that let's you choose to see all the prices for a specific month instead of checking each date - one at a time. A HUGE timesaver!

markw333
11/23/17

This is a garbage website and I would highly recommend that no one should waste their time with. I spent an entire morning just trying to buy two tickets. Each time it would send me to their partner website, Travel Up, that would tell me (over and over) that the flights were not updated and that my purchase could not go through. Each time I would get them on the phone, there was NO ATTEMPT to fix the problem by trying to put my purchase through, only Travel Up trying to sell me a more expensive ticket, which seemed to be quite routine for them.
I will NEVER use Skyscanner or Travel Up again. I recommend that you do not either. They are a WASTE OF TIME.

paulc317
9/22/17

DO NOT USE GOTOGATE via Skyscanner. CHARGED ME TWICE, GAVE ME NO FLIGHTS, NOW CANT GET MY MONEY BACK.

Although not a super reflection on Skyscanner, they are an advertised affiliate and I have been left with little other choice but to review here.

I booked a $750 flight only to get an email stating it did not go through and to try again, I tried again and got the same email, only to check my account and find $1500 gone and it now being at an almost zero balance.

After calling my bank they have said this is fine and the money will get released back to me in 10 days unless I can get Gotogate to email them stating that I did not get my flights and that they are permitted to release my funds straight away (which then cuts the 10 day timeframe down to four hours).

After AT LEAST a dozen calls and emails to Gotogate they still refuse to do this saying they never got any money so is not their problem, which I appreciate they didn't get the money, the bank even admit that the company does not have the money, but as mentioned, the bank refuse to give it back until they get authorisation 'just in case I am fibbing and I did get my flights' which I accept as being good practice from the bank.

Unfortunately Gotogate have thrown their hands up and said tough s**t, your problem, we are not sending an email with your requirements to the provided bank email address simply stating that I did not get flights and to release any funds they may be holding on their behalf. So now I am stuck in a foreign country with zero funds and zero flights and am forced to wait here 10 days until I can get any money to book the flight that was within my budget given I had not been charged twice and given nothing. I have even gone to the point of begging them just for the sake of me being a person stuck in a foreign land needing help, but I am just stonewalled each time to the point of sitting on the street and writing this review.

davidr413
9/15/17

i wanted a flight from glasgow to marsellies return the best price {not leaving and returning in the small hours}was £444 !!!! for an indirect flight,{4 flights},after i had paid i i thought i would have a look on easy jet site ,£44 out direct flight £34 back direct flight,gutted these flights are all ways possible to book at this price ,why did skyscanner not give me this option ,there were no filters on for any time or any thing when i was booking it should have shown me this option, there not a very good search engine ,there cookies work out how to squeeze as much as they can out of you when you search .

mariet81
9/5/17

Tried to book flight from manga to Amsterdam ........ Price kept going up .... Will never use again , better sites around

lorim101
6/10/17

I just tried Skyscanner for a trip from Calgary to Toronto. Then, I checked out Westjet and AirCanada's sites to compare. What, exactly is this company scanning?! I found cheaper prices on these company's sites plus Expedia.
It should be called Skyscammer.

hankd9
5/9/17

Skyscanner do not give you all the information about the airline companies they allow to advertise on their web site? e.g. Tigerair , brought a oneway to ticket so then I could have gone to china etc and then back to my original destination, round trip, now sky scanner lets you buy these types of tickets, and when you get to the airport these types of airlines do not let you travel and insist on buying a returning ticket , read the reviews of many people on trip advisors have complained about their dirty trick campaigns and sky scanner should start to question these companies , make it safe and travel free without these types of complaints for genuine people , It should be easy of travel and let people enjoy their holiday breaks.

valt16
3/12/17

Recently upgraded my skyscanner app, I'm so disappointed. I've been a huge fan of skyscanner for a number of years, I had noticed a disimprovement in the previous versions so tended to try avoid the updates. Now find it very tedious to use, definitely not user friendly.
I used to love hitting the everywhere and seeing the month chart and searching from there. Might be best to now go direct to the airline sites. Such a pity !

johns1622
2/6/17

Why oh why did you ruin a good app with this new rubbish
Won't be using skyscanner now !!!
The old app was perfect it just worked
Which brain dead muppet thought if this new one !!!!

Questions? Get answers from the Skyscanner.net staff and other customers.

5 Photos for Skyscanner.net