Skyscanner.net

Skyscanner.net has a consumer rating of 1.74 stars from 76 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Skyscanner.net most frequently mention customer service, credit card and full refund problems. Skyscanner.net ranks 146th among Plane Tickets sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 6.3%

No positive highlights yet

• My boyfriend and I found a flight deal via Skyscanner for tickets from a place called ExploreTrip.
  • According to their refund policy, this should have qualified me for a full refund.
How would you rate Skyscanner.net?

“Usually without problem; they are helpful even when a 3rd party portal tries to scam you”

Slavomír H.
2/16/21

I am finding my tickets through skyscanner regularly. Usually, everything go well. I also have an experience of being redirected to 3rd party website, which tried to rip me off big time. In that case, skyscanner helped me get my money back. More details on it: I was redirected to a website alrehlat.com. My flight was cancelled, thus I needed a refund. However, website alrehlat.com started acting like a scam. They were acting against their terms and conditions, denying information from their call center, refusing to clarify refund process, doing miscalculated refund offers, not replying to my mails. At that point, I didn't expect to get any money back. I reported this to skyscanner. To my surprise, skyscanner pressured alrehlat to respond to my mails and eventually they secured me the full refund.

“Thieves!”

Jen T.
2/21/21

WARNING YOU WILL BE ROBBED Do not use! The "Smart Fares" company they sub out to are thieves... Frontier airlines sent me a cost of 622 for my flight these thieves charged my credit card for $915.00 and they hang up on you when you call to dispute! Disgusting they should be shut down. Thieves!

flight (38) refund (16) credit card (4) customer service (8) flight tickets (3) travel agency (4)
jent140
February 21st, 2021

WARNING YOU WILL BE ROBBED
Do not use!
The "Smart Fares" company they sub out to are thieves...
Disgusting they should be shut down. Thieves!

zahidb5
March 10th, 2021
Verified purchase

Booked a flight via them with flightcatchers. The picture shows that the flight was flexible and no charges would be made particularly because of COVID so i booked in good faith. I wanted to change the date by just 1 day and flightcatchers wanted £87 for tax and admin charges. Why does skyscanner allow them to falsely advertise like this. I could not find any where to contact them

Tip for consumers:
once booked it seems impossible or expensive to change

jeanetteo
October 28th, 2014

I recently discover Skyscanner when I wanted to search for the best and cheapest flights. So I looked through after I searched my flight from New York City to Ireland. I found a really great price and got my flights. I like their website and without a problem I would like to use them again.

abdulr96
April 17th, 2020

Advise for anyone booking flights. Book directly with the Airline it may cost more but the customer service you recieve from the airline is far better than Sky Scanner or any scam company that they associate themself with. NEVER would I use Sky scanner or a third party agency.

I emailed Sky Scanner on 19/03/20 regarding my issue they did pass my details on to the travel agency I havent heard anything back. This is a JOKE!

ericg35
September 8th, 2014

I have been using SkyScanner since January 2014. SkyScanner works with booking all different types of airlines. I've notice that SkyScanner can be used in a good way or a bad way. Depending on where you are located, and the time of year, you can find cheap flights on SkyScanner going to different places all over Europe. Some flights may have long layovers, and other flights may be direct. When I flew from Naples to Luxembourg it took me about 5 hours. Even though, I had a layover it wasn't that long. As long as you plan well and do not fly with a lot of layovers, this is a good site to use.

ELG

rahulr86
Rahul R.
March 10th, 2020

Skyscanner is fraud. They directed me to Edreams company. They don't have an official email id for refunds, responses. They have a chat bot which will take 1 hour to connect to agent and it will connect only when you will not be online. They will never refund your money in case of cancellation. They looted my money 2000 USD ! And now not refunding me. Their helpline won't connect to the agent for talking. All emails will give auto reply to you that this email has been closed for responses

rebeccac542
May 28th, 2020

Terrible organisation.
Have had so many push backs on my refund. It's now been 64 days and still nothing and no communication.
I'm assuming they could be distributing funds to untraceable places so they can go into administration without paying anyone refunds.
So unfortunate my friends and I used them all the time. That won't happen again and I have made it my mission to advise everyone I encounter of my experience.

They've removed their ABN off the website it seems. But if anyone needs it for legal claim processes please let me know. I luckily took a screenshot before they removed it.

tommasoc9
March 8th, 2020

I always used Skyscanner with quite some success to find discounted tickets, but lately I had the unpleasant surprise to buy tickets from the agency Kiss and Fly, please contact me if you want further details about what happened. I used once kiss and fly in the past and fortunately there was no problem (no need to interact with them beside buying the tickets). If something needs to change (and it happens!), that's where the problems start. My recommendation is to consider more seriously the complains of so many customers towards Kiss&Fly, and possibly take some action against it.

Regards

derickh17
January 17th, 2021

Skycanner has stolen over 2200$ from me. I cancelled my flight over 6 months ago and was told by one of their agents on the phone I would receive my refund on the card I booked with within 12 to 14 weeks, it has now been over 6 months and they won't awnser my emails anymore and they don't even have a phone number anymore. All I can think of this is that they have stolen my money and are a bunch of crooks.

jeanp16
May 5th, 2014

Best flight comparison website. I have never found cheaper than with skyscanner.

loaya3
March 13th, 2020

I booked one flight recently on company called Travelgenio through skyscanner website
I was trying to change / cancel my flight and faced a lot of difficulty ( NO response through all kind of communications, Rude & untrained customer service, no system, sort of cheating sometimes,... etc)

michaels144
November 5th, 2013

Very useful for finding and comparing flights, though there are occasions when a flight listed is no longer available.

pauvlickr
November 24th, 2020

Be aware that Skyscanner is a SCAM COMPANY. What used to be a reliable online source of prices for flights; is now one the biggest SCAM, and CON-ARTIST in the business. (1) The listed prices do NOT INCLUDE CHECKED BAGGAGE, (2) They DO NOT HAVE AGREEMENTS WITH REPUTABLE AIRLINES.
STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE. ANY 5 STARS REVIEWS ARE BEEN BOUGHT AND PAID FOR IT.

dianat193
July 3rd, 2020

Such a shame that Skyscanner in cooperation with companies like Kiwi.com. Scammers, Stealing money, refuse to refund! DO NOT USE SKYSCANNER (skyscammer) OR ANY OTHER TICKET OFFERING COMPANIES UNLESS YOU WANT TO LOOSE YOUR MONEY! Buy it directly from the airline, might be more expensive but at least you will be safe!

dorisl115
March 19th, 2021

SKYSCAMMER - deserves 0
Friday 19 March 2021 - after booking and paying for my ticket, arranging and paying for a COVID test, this fraudulent company decides they want want to make more money out of me so they are cancelling my reservation claiming a system error. On top of that they write me they will refund my money within 5-10 working days (!) and that would be for a service they didn't even provide. Their customer service team is advised to say it's the customer's bank that can not enable the refund! How petty for an excuse. AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COST!

stephaniek151
July 15th, 2018

What an unreliable, scammy website. I HAVE booked before through Sky Scanner (always choosing an airline website, not one of their unvetted, dodgy, unknown intermediaries) with no problem but now I will not because... 1. You are mislead to believing that this is a comparison of all websites/options for purchasing. Actually many reputable companies and airlines have refused to work with/give money to Sky Scanner, so it's not really even most of the options available to you. 2. The advertised prices are misleading and much more when you click through to book (and I'm not just talking about a few dollars/pounds). This is false advertising, there is no need with technology as it is for prices to be out of date (and it's coincidentally always in their favour). So I can only conclude that prices are manipulated and as a result are regularly advertised falsely. Consumers are smarter than you think, SkyScammer!

Tip for consumers:
Just don't. You're smarter than that.

abdulb21
April 18th, 2018

I am a victim of this scam company. I wished I had first researched before booking. I actually did not do due deligence check because they were listed on recommendations from skyscanner. Lesson learnt but definitely something has to be done. Reviews are certainly not enough since this has been going on for long. All reputable companies including airlines I believe should disassociate themselves with this frudulent company.
Here is my story. I booked a flight from Singapore to South Africa as directed by Skyscanner to tripsta, I got accurate confirmation after making reservation; then after two days, tripsta sent me a generic cancellation of my booking saying that it contraviens their terms and conditions without any specific mentioned cause. They stated that I will get my full refund within 5 days. This morning I got an alert from my bank on the refund however the amount I paid and what was refunded are different. I got a shortfall of $100. This is a fraud. Why should I be charge for a cancellation effected by Tripsta? We need to escalate this until Tripsta is banned since Im not the only victim, and its been ongoing for years. It could be that their only business is subtle stealing, and might not even be a legit flight agent. But then why would skyscanner add them on their listing. This must STOP.

bogdanv11
August 17th, 2020

I have been using intensive sky scanner website for my last year trips. Bought dozens of flight tickets in Europe and south east asia using their search enginee. I never had problems when i have bought the flight tickets from airlines. All issues appear when using shady travel agency such Go to Gate and god knows how many are there. The problem i have is regarding quality of travel agencies whick your website list them, especially with GoToGate travel agency, which declined the refund. It have been already 6 months since im trying to get my refund back, the charcgback is still in pending and today i have received an email from GotoGate which informs me theres another 60 days delay in order to get my refund back.
In my opinion Sky Scanner is legit, but being associated with those scam companies and refusing to delist them, make them a scam as they are. I rate them with 1 star and i will never use Sky Scanner again until they clean their yard and remove those scam travel agencies.

curtish82
January 13th, 2020

First time user. I searched my destination, Skyscanner presented the flights, I bought. Skyscanner sent me a confirmation for the return trip ticket with one locator number. Skyscanner then sent me another email informing me that Trip.com would be booking the tickets. I get an email from Trip.com informing me that they booked two sets of tickets, one going and one returning with separate locator number and one single charge to my credit card. The price was not exceptionally good, but the route and times were good. Two days later, Trip.com informs me that flight have been canceled and if I don't call in two hours, they will charge me. I call. They tell me they can only cancel the first flight to the destination, but not the flight returning. But wait, you canceled my trip and then they tell me I need to call the airline and talk them into giving me a full refund on a non-refundable ticket. Sorry sir, you've been screwed. I called the airline, the clerk laughed when I told her the situation and said that under no uncertain terms, they will not refund the amount. I'll never use Skyscanner or Trip.com again. Cheaters.

markc1860
July 24th, 2020

I booked a flight with skyscanner using the agent trip.com. A portion of my flight was cancelled by the flight operator due to coronavirus but trip.com are denying the flight was cancelled and will not pay a refund. If skyscanner uses agents of this corrupt nature, I will not be ever using or recommending skyscanner again.

cherylannh1
February 3rd, 2021

I had booked a flight Mackay - Brisbane - Sydney return but due to covid could not travel and had a credit with them. Need to fly Mackay - Brisbane and got confirmation from the airline and Skyscanner / Trip.com that I could use my credit but at the time Skyscanner / Trip.com said try later as the airline doesnt have the seat class available for my dates, couldnt tell me what dates they were available for and said use another date basically guess what dates or try again in two months. I tried again and they said no problem I might have to pay the difference in airfares which I said fine. My original flights cost $250. They came back to me and said that I must pay in $300 as that is the difference in airfares when I know that I could book with the airline directly and pay less than $250. Dont treat me like a fool

Tip for consumers:
Book directly with the airline

michaels1730
May 15th, 2020

Skyscanner is showing flights from very shady unknown companies that offer up flights that don't exist or maybe were canceled some time ago. These shady companies will gladly take your money and fight to not give you a refund. For example an Air China flight from IAH to TSN is showing for $5077 on May 19th on Skyscanner using Hop2, Justfly and several other unknown outfits. Air China currently offers NO flights on this route. Maybe they some months ago before Covid-19 but these places will still take your money offering tickets on a non-existing flight. The reviews on these companies are terrible. Maybe some of these companies are the same with just different names. Very disappointed.

meggand
December 3rd, 2020

Never ever book here. I understand that COVID-19 really hurt much of the travel industry. However, I have never been treated with the disrespect, anger, and outright malice that the employees at this company treated me with. If you talk to Max heads up, he was unhelpful, did not talk to me like I was a human, and proceeded to yell at me over the phone on one occasion of talking to him. I received a COMPLETELY different answer from EVERY EMPLOYEE. Every. Single. Person. So don't trust anything. I booked a flight for $1127 and only am receiving $450. That's it. It is safe to say I am utterly disgusted and disappointed. They continued to blame it on Air Canada, but the airline was helpful (after I called them three times because the employees instructed me to do so) and informed me it was all held up on THEIR end.

They are liars, cheats, rude, and horrible people. I never leave reviews, however this company has left me crying on three occasions because of the way I was talked to.

Please SAVE YOURSELF and NEVER EVER book with SKYSCANNER.

davidn871
July 29th, 2020

My flight was cancelled by the airline.
The airline send me an email saying that I need to call the agent (skyscammer).
I spent two days on the phone and still they refuse to do anything. Each agent tells me something different and when I tried to tell this to them, they hang up on me. There is no supervisor to talk with. I called back the airline and they told me that the agents of skyscammer are dishonest with their customers.
The agent from the airline told me to tell skyscammer to call them and have a three way phone call with me so that they can tell them that they are lying to me.
All I want is to change the date of the flight since the flight was cancelled.
They refuse to do the conference call, they refuse to give me a supervisor, they refuse to give me any service whatsoever.
Here is a partial list of the "agents" that I spoke with in the past two days from Skyscammer:
Madan Sales department
Abu customer service department
Sanaket front line department
Tahur - customer service department
The rest refused to give their names or they just hang up on me after waiting on the phone for 1.5 hours for each call.
I spoke with the agent Glory from Philippine Airlines. She told me that they all lied to me and that many customers have many complaints about Skyscammer.
If Skyscammer would like to respond to this before I take them to court, my email is included for them

timothym379
December 8th, 2019

I got my ticket from this $#*!ers and when I got to the airport.my locator is not exist. Waited for the help and nobody can figure out. $1400 is gone. No refund and pushed it to airline fault.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Skyscanner.net staff and other customers.

Skyscanner is a leading global travel search site, providing instant online comparisons for millions of flights, as well as car hire and hotels.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Skyscanner.net?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

1.7
Have a question about Skyscanner.net?