Servicing Stop

Trustpilot
3.7 / 5
Reviews.io
1 / 5

Servicing Stop has a consumer rating of 1.07 stars from 111 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Servicing Stop most frequently mention full service, phone call and local garage problems. Servicing Stop ranks 135th among Auto Repair sites.

No positive highlights yet

• They are very quick to take your car, take your money, but the quality is very poor.
  • It's unbelievable the level and quality of service I am receiving.
How would you rate Servicing Stop?

“Excellent service”

Stuart B.
3/10/17

Found through a quick Google search, booked an MOT and was very happy with the complete service from start to finish. Highly recommended.

“Don't use!”

Leith L.
10/5/20

Paid upfront for service and cancelled immediately after reading the negative reviews which have been correct in my experience. Cancelled on 17th September, now the 5th October and still haven't received a refund. They keep sending me the same copy/pasted response that the money will be back in my account in 7 days and I can't get through to them apart from that. If you're thinking of using them I would advise you not to take the risk.

car (23) service (30) garage (13)
leithl1
October 5th, 2020

geoffh70
April 26th, 2021

An intoxicated driver collect my jaguar for full service. Garage called and said it needed suspention parts? Two days after an mot I think not. Then when car was returned no water in washer bottle having emailed servicing stop customer service 3 times and no response turns out after a check at another Garage and the dash cam they forgot to turn of my car was not serviced never to be trusted.

mattn219
March 12th, 2021

Terrible, terrible service. Unbelievably expensive, loads of hidden charges (many of which are for things most garages include in their service as standard. £25+VAT for oil?!). Impossible to contact them by telephone once they've taken your car and they just keep finding more "essential" work and hitting you with more and more requests for payment. My MOT & service, quoted at £111 ended up costing over £1200. For a 10 year old Peugeot 107. I could have replaced the car for that! I usually expect to pay in the region of £150 - £200, depending on what work is required. Even factoring in the additional repair work I knew was required in the exhaust, the price was indefensible. Genuinely horrifying experience. Never again!

Tip for consumers:
Do not use this site. You will pay way over the odds for a sub-par service.

tanyah243
May 12th, 2021

After Servicing stop done my car annual service, they firstly overcharge the service-literally almost 50% more than another garage I actually prefer to use. After the service I had problems with my car, several issues including loose parts, battery constantly dying - never happend before. We have left emails, trying to contact them, use the chat function but still no support of contact. I will never go back to them and will not recommend them at all.

dw519
February 11th, 2021
Verified purchase

If I could give a minus star rating these would get it. Do yourself a favour and just use a local garage. The low cost advertised services are soon bumped up monumentally once they have your car hostage. You canntot speak to the actual garage and be prepared for at least an hour on hold to speak with your 'service advisor'. If you do one thing today, AVOID this service.

full service and mot

janei40
August 26th, 2021

Booked service and MOT and paid online. No contact on day of pick up, 3 phone calls and no one spoke at 11.30, tried all the e-mail and telephone numbers supplied - no joy. Contacted by someone at 1.30, no apology but offering a date the following week, I cancelled and asked for a refund - still waiting. I must learn to read reviews first and if it seems to good to be true it usually is!

normans242
September 8th, 2021

Servicing Stop do not like keeping their Customers Updated. I had my car booked in for a full service and mot for 8/9/21. I received an email this morning to say that my car was going to a different garage. One which i had moved because of their terrible reviews on Here. They booked it back into this awful garage again without notifying me. I only fond out when i received this email this morning which garage it was going into. Needless to say i have cancelled that.

fintank
November 11th, 2021

Very dodgy business practices - advertised low prices quickly multiplies with disgustingly over priced extras that the garage hasn't even suggested need doing. (the garage told me so) Have spent over 3 months trying to get my complaint escalated - they don't follow their own complaints process listed on their website and they're not affiliated with ADRgroup for escalated complaints (I contacted ADRgroup) as they also state on their website.

A few of us have started a facebook group to compile our very similar experiences and see how we bring this further together. Search for 'Servicing Stop LTD - Scam - Help".

These crooks are robbing unsuspecting people blind and they need investigated and stopped. They've also been paying people for reviews which is against trustpilot policy which trustpilot is now investigating. They offered me a discount to give one.

AVOID!!

johnk3143
July 25th, 2021

Booked and paid last year for an MOT & Service, around £125 in total. Great. Got the phone call later saying various other work needed doing, the car was 3 years old and in very good condition, total came to over £500 on top of the fee's I'd already paid. They get very ratty when you challenge them over the phone too. They did the work before letting me know as well! The cheek! And unnecessarily too. Avoid, it's a total con.

simonc207
September 10th, 2020

Booked in for an MOT and service and paid up front as offered a discount.

No show yesterday to collect the car, no contact from them either.

Rang the garage who basically said it's not them who collect so they couldn't help but... I was the 3rd person that week.

Rang service stop - no answer for 60 mins

Emailed them but no response

Will have to do a chargeback on my card but will have to wait 30 days before the bank will action.

As above avoid this company

garethc23
June 8th, 2021

Look at the state of my undertray from a so called professional service. Unbelievable. Poor Collection service. No contact from advisor until they want extra payment and add ons. ( Total bull#### sales pitch/advice.). They have my Car from 8:30 - 18:30 and that's how they managed to get to the sump plug.

iainr9
October 8th, 2020

I cannot rate the service as they never even collected my car on the agreed date despite them sending numerous emails and texts promising to. Could not get through to customer service line so cancelled and made alternative arrangements. Still no contact from them two days later so I tried again. Thought I would beat the system by picking the option for premium customers, took 45 minutes to answer. Was promised a refund in the next five days but it took them seven to even process it then another five to come through. DO NOT USE. Only getting one star because I cannot give zero.

frederickt75
November 8th, 2021

The driver arrived 45' late to collect the car. In the early afternoon, they asked for £240 of extra on top of the £100 agreed for the job, which I rejected (but had to pay £24.99 extra + VAT for the "higher grade engine oil", otherwise they would not have released the car...). They even tried to trick me into a prepaid next year's service upon checkout when I was invited to pay the extra amount for the oil. And then the garage (subcontractor) called me at 17:50 to tell me that they would not be available to bring the car back since they had been advised too late by Servicing Stop to release the car and all drivers were already gone. Epic fail. One thing is certain: I'll stop using their service... Sorry Servicing Stop. How is it even possible that companies like that are still in business in 2021? It's not the first time I'm disappointed by what seemed at first to be a great option. We should always read reviews... hopefully this one will help. Avoid this service.

lisam3442
September 7th, 2021

Do not use this company or fall for the reputable looking website. They will rob you by creating false repairs, and charging astronomically for it. And will extort you by refusing to give back your car if you question their pricings. They are not signed up to any sort of customer complaints policy and not member of any industry body.

ravim80
September 9th, 2021

I WOULD SUGGEST NOT TO USE THIS COMPANY even though they give very cheap initial quote for MOT and Servicing. Call centre person mentioning himself as service advisor named Josh K called and was talking very arrogantly. Also was very much pushing to get extras which I clearly denied. But Josh was not ready to listen and told me abusively saying "you do not understand and you are not a mechanic, etc" also asked me picking my car myself from the garage and not going to do any work, etc. Finally when I still did not agree to accept additional work and charges, he disconnected the call. This is very abusive and not accepted. Forced me to get specialist oil in the car even though I denied multiple times. I ended up paying for it as I needed car done and back. All in all very bad impression and will never recommend irrespective of how nice initial deal seems.

Tip for consumers:
All in all very bad impression and will never recommend ServicingStop irrespective of how nice initial deal seems.

Car MOT and Servicing

davidd3298
October 13th, 2021

Why didn't I just take it into a garage myself? I will be asking myself as I pay off this bill.
I get a call trying to give me a £1300 invoice for various works. One of which was hundreds for a belt change (changed earlier this year for £50). So I say just get it though the mot. They have the car now and I'm at work so what can I do? So the bill comes down to a total of £950.
Gets taken back, give it a test drive and hear scraping, they took it back and must have heard it too. Found out from utube it could be brake pad guard resting on it, which it was.
Loads of welding on the exhaust was paid for yet a gummy patch I did on there was untouched! What did I actually pay for? We'll never know.
I phoned the garage for a moan and they moaned about S Stop themselves. I could go on, I know I've been milked and it's my fault.
Why? I didn't listen to the reviews.
Read this review and say one thing to yourself.
"I'm taking it in myself"
If you don't, I hope you have a good credit card deal!

faves
October 7th, 2020

Have used them before but stopped due to high charges with no evidence the work was needed. This time I was desperate for an MoT as it had run out. Then no one turned up and When I phoned the garage pretended they couldn't find me.

jurijsl
August 19th, 2020

Very bad experience. Faults occurred after servicing and no response from the company. Not by phone, emails or social media. They are very quick to take your car, take your money, but the quality is very poor. Customer service is definitely very poor after they take your money.
Furthermore - absolutely impossible to get in touch with.

Nevertheless, I must admit they have good online systems set up and the speed of service is good.

However, I will be avoiding them in the future and would NOT recommend it to anyone.

andrewm1780
August 23rd, 2021

I recently had my car serviced
I recently had my car serviced. Service stop advised that items that had been recently replaced be replaced again ie auxiliary belt needs replacing when I had just replaced the cam belt and water pump. The auxiliary belt was also changed. Also Items that I had checked elsewhere and they advised that they did not need replacing. I have emailed twice for some one to contact guess what no one has contacted me at present. Not a happy customer. At present would not use the again

brianh1482
December 4th, 2020

Awful customer service, report to trading standards, after spending hours on the phone the guy refused to tell me the location were my car is being service. Please avoid at all cost it's not worth the headache, unreachable, rude staff overpriced charges.

janinel58
July 28th, 2021

I booked the full service and MOT together. They gave me a MOT Fail first. I certainly did not want to buy your service to get a MOT fail. Why didn't do the service first? Very disappointing service!

Never use this platform!

Tip for consumers:
Never use this platform, or you'll get a MOT fail.

car service

ryang383
July 20th, 2020

I'm so annoyed and feel really stupid.

My service and MOT cost £710. Their prices for minimal work are so inflated it is actually ridiculous. For instance I paid £182.88 for them to fit a budget tyre to my vehicle that retails for £60 online. What the hell?!

ayoa3
October 22nd, 2020

Wish I could review without having to waste one star.

Booked a full service and I was told I had to pay extra £36 to flush my engine. Who does a full service without flushing the engines?
On top of that I was made to acquire 42mins in telephone bill to a premium number by putting me on hold only to tell me that they are not taking MOT only bookings which could have been avoided if that info was made available on their website.

carle107
August 21st, 2020

Today i had my car serviced in kent via this rubbish service. Charged £118 for a service then get a call tried to fob me off with extra £185 just had my invoice and becareful on oil £24.99 and they already do the work if you dont pay they wont release the car. So in total the whole price was £157.99 instead of £118.

itsybitsyb
September 29th, 2021

Absolutely dreadful service!

I am writing this stranded on the wrong side of town because my car was picked up this morning for MOT and it hasn't been returned to me.

I honestly don't know what to do!

Whatever it is, if you want to go through hell of an experience check there service once. Worst service ever. Yesterday they picked the car at 11 am which was supposed to be picked by 8:30- 9:30. And was supposed to be delivered same day by 6 pm. But it is not yet delivered. They do not give direct number to the person who is picking and delivering or who is working so that we can know the status. And the garage closed at 5 pm. Yesterday we waited for any update from them that the car will not be delivered. We waited till now. But nothing from there end. We called the customer support after 30 minutes waiting time we got into the line. And they were asking what's the status. We really do not know if they will deliver our car today also or not. And we do not know what they might have used our car for the whole night. What if they are doing crimes using our car. It's our biggest mistake that we used this service. Never believe this service please. The statements they are using in there site like ‘if not delivered same day it will be free' is totally rubbish. Yesterday at 5 when we called they charge 120£ and asked us to pay that much money, else they won't deliver. We did paid that much money and still waiting for our car to be returned. Forget about servicing what they might have done we really don't know. We are not getting our car plus we are spending money in cabs plus so much stress we are going through. If the car will not be delivered today by 5pm we have to inform police. Because God knows what they are using the car for.

By Annesha D.