Servicing Stop

Servicing Stop has a consumer rating of 1.15 stars from 54 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Servicing Stop most frequently mention customer service and special oil problems. Servicing Stop ranks 116th among Auto Repair sites.

No positive highlights yet

• They are very quick to take your car, take your money, but the quality is very poor.
  • It's unbelievable the level and quality of service I am receiving.
How would you rate Servicing Stop?

“Excellent service”

Stuart B.
3/10/17

Found through a quick Google search, booked an MOT and was very happy with the complete service from start to finish. Highly recommended.

“Don't use!”

Leith L.
10/5/20

Paid upfront for service and cancelled immediately after reading the negative reviews which have been correct in my experience. Cancelled on 17th September, now the 5th October and still haven't received a refund. They keep sending me the same copy/pasted response that the money will be back in my account in 7 days and I can't get through to them apart from that. If you're thinking of using them I would advise you not to take the risk.

car (23) service (30) garage (13)
leithl1
October 5th, 2020

mattn219
March 12th, 2021

Terrible, terrible service. Unbelievably expensive, loads of hidden charges (many of which are for things most garages include in their service as standard. £25+VAT for oil?!). Impossible to contact them by telephone once they've taken your car and they just keep finding more "essential" work and hitting you with more and more requests for payment. My MOT & service, quoted at £111 ended up costing over £1200. For a 10 year old Peugeot 107. I could have replaced the car for that! I usually expect to pay in the region of £150 - £200, depending on what work is required. Even factoring in the additional repair work I knew was required in the exhaust, the price was indefensible. Genuinely horrifying experience. Never again!

Tip for consumers:
Do not use this site. You will pay way over the odds for a sub-par service.

dw519
February 11th, 2021
Verified purchase

If I could give a minus star rating these would get it. Do yourself a favour and just use a local garage. The low cost advertised services are soon bumped up monumentally once they have your car hostage. You canntot speak to the actual garage and be prepared for at least an hour on hold to speak with your 'service advisor'. If you do one thing today, AVOID this service.

Products used:
full service and mot

simonc207
September 10th, 2020

Booked in for an MOT and service and paid up front as offered a discount.

No show yesterday to collect the car, no contact from them either.

Rang the garage who basically said it's not them who collect so they couldn't help but... I was the 3rd person that week.

Rang service stop - no answer for 60 mins

Emailed them but no response

Will have to do a chargeback on my card but will have to wait 30 days before the bank will action.

As above avoid this company

iainr9
October 8th, 2020

I cannot rate the service as they never even collected my car on the agreed date despite them sending numerous emails and texts promising to. Could not get through to customer service line so cancelled and made alternative arrangements. Still no contact from them two days later so I tried again. Thought I would beat the system by picking the option for premium customers, took 45 minutes to answer. Was promised a refund in the next five days but it took them seven to even process it then another five to come through. DO NOT USE. Only getting one star because I cannot give zero.

faves
October 7th, 2020

Have used them before but stopped due to high charges with no evidence the work was needed. This time I was desperate for an MoT as it had run out. Then no one turned up and When I phoned the garage pretended they couldn't find me.

jurijsl
August 19th, 2020

Very bad experience. Faults occurred after servicing and no response from the company. Not by phone, emails or social media. They are very quick to take your car, take your money, but the quality is very poor. Customer service is definitely very poor after they take your money.
Furthermore - absolutely impossible to get in touch with.

Nevertheless, I must admit they have good online systems set up and the speed of service is good.

However, I will be avoiding them in the future and would NOT recommend it to anyone.

brianh1482
December 4th, 2020

Awful customer service, report to trading standards, after spending hours on the phone the guy refused to tell me the location were my car is being service. Please avoid at all cost it's not worth the headache, unreachable, rude staff overpriced charges.

ryang383
July 20th, 2020

I'm so annoyed and feel really stupid.

My service and MOT cost £710. Their prices for minimal work are so inflated it is actually ridiculous. For instance I paid £182.88 for them to fit a budget tyre to my vehicle that retails for £60 online. What the hell?!

ayoa3
October 22nd, 2020

Wish I could review without having to waste one star.

Booked a full service and I was told I had to pay extra £36 to flush my engine. Who does a full service without flushing the engines?
On top of that I was made to acquire 42mins in telephone bill to a premium number by putting me on hold only to tell me that they are not taking MOT only bookings which could have been avoided if that info was made available on their website.

carle107
August 21st, 2020

Today i had my car serviced in kent via this rubbish service. Charged £118 for a service then get a call tried to fob me off with extra £185 just had my invoice and becareful on oil £24.99 and they already do the work if you dont pay they wont release the car. So in total the whole price was £157.99 instead of £118.

thomasc1320
December 9th, 2020

They collected my car for full service I got an email saying that all work done and everything was ok with no advisories 2 hours later. Then got a phone call 30min later saying car needed brake fluid replacing@ £77and coolant replacing@ £66 I said BS as I've got report from garage and hung up then they didn't return car till next day. DO NOT USE YOU WILL BE SORRY

nigelk33
February 3rd, 2021

Avoid at all costs. All other derogatory reviews are very accurate. Arranged full service and MOT which I was advised would be done locally only to find the garage used was some 40 miles away. Original date was cancelled and although it was done some 4 days later, as seems to be there normal practice, along came the demand for extra works and costs sighting totalling unnecessary work. One cost was a demand fo £66.50 to replace front number plate, then came the speal for uprated oil and the need to replace brake fluids, all at highly inflated prices. This seems to be there natural makeup. Just AVOID them at any cost, they are full of bull$#*!.

annf404
March 15th, 2021

Said the extra work would be over £900 when we asked the garage direct they said they could do it for £270. Ended up being shouted at by the local garage owner so we had the work done elsewhere. Unfortunately, we had already paid for the MOT and Service and of course, you have to pay for the 'special oil' £24.00 + VAT. AVOID!

Tip for consumers:
Avoid this company as if you need work done on your vehicle they double (in our case tripled) the true cost.

Products used:
Had to have the MOT and service as we prepaid

johnw3938
April 13th, 2021

Avoid this company like the plague - total con! They offer a competitive service quote but it's all downhill from there! They claimed my car needed repairs of almost £800. I questioned this and the person I was speaking to became flippant, claiming I would be putting the return driver at risk by not authorising the repairs! I was also told I would have to pay an extra 24.99 for 'specialist oil' otherwise the car would not be returned! They also claimed I had authorised this - I had not. The man who returned the car said he put ordinary synthetic oil in the car - so the company lied. This final extra cost was 46.77. I tried ringing to question this final amount but I was on constant hold and I gave up after some 40 minutes. I will be contacting trading standards.

louisea98
September 23rd, 2020

I have used servicing stop in the past and have had fine experiences

I used in June this year.
Firstly they were two hours late collecting the car despite confirming twice by phone. The man who came to collect said he wasn't told a time. Then they returned my car with a crack in the windscreen. They left my car in a no parking zone with no warning they were returning the car and I was at work, despite me telling them via phone not to park it there risking a huge fine. I have called >10 times and sent 6 complaint emails with no response. Awful.

davidb5619
January 30th, 2021

Booked for between 8 and 12, then they phone and cancel after we waited in all morning, they insisted on the money upfront, but they will take 3 weeks to reimburse me... avoid.

kennethh818
September 24th, 2020

I had booked a month ago and I got a call from a garage on the morning of my service and MOT to say I was too far from the garage for it to be collected, Service Stop don't answer the phone EVER so I had to take the car in myself. They are supposed to phone to say if there are any extra charges before they do the work - they didn't! The garage says they can't contacted Service Stop either. I'm 80 years old and it's the worst car service I've ever had in my long life. A better title would be "Service? Stop Using Them!"

gerardb71
June 6th, 2020

It's unbelievable the level and quality of service I am receiving.

Please see state of car just received.

The car is in a very dirty condition, with bird poo all over. Drivers mat is equally very dirty. Dirtier than in the condition I gave it ou.

I lifted the bonnet / hood of the car and its worse. The engine cover has not been fitted with the screws with the engine cooling cap left off and pipe left hanging leaking out.

I can not express my disappointment enough.

See attached.

As expressed yesterday can I have someone acknowledge my emails, respond, call Andd arrange for refund of the payment as this is definitely not the service you guaranteed

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

anniee40
July 28th, 2020

Absolutely the worst customer service. No one came to collect my car and it took 40 minutes waiting on the phone for my call to be answered by Servicing Stop. They said the garage allocated couldn't collect today and to rebook. Not a chance was I wasting another day waiting for no one. I asked why I hadn't been called to tell me they couldn't come and she just said it was "unfortunate". They wouldn't tell me which garage it was so I could avoid them when booking directly with garages in my area. Do not use!

marlenep85
December 16th, 2020

I booked my car in for a service. They fetched the car, and told me the price. They then rang and said it was ready but it had various things wrong and would cost me another £900. I refused and they were very rude and slammed down the phone.the garage brought it back and said there was nothing wrong with the car and said they were always doing this.so BEWARE this company

jasont785
September 15th, 2020

Don't use these I booked well in advance for a full car service and they never turned up on the day they were supposed to tried ringing never answer their phones I waiting in all day for them a waste of time with these. Don't waste your time or money go to a proper garage I know it's more money but at least it's a better service

guitanb
November 12th, 2020

I really regret that I had not read the reviews first! Booked for a full service £119.00 then they called me to said that I have to change this and that but I insisted I only wanted the full services. They would not take no for answer and still changed me £379.20. I couldn't do anything as they had my car. I was still at work and my wife was working at home. The guy who brought the car back was very rude and scared my wife where she had to threaten to call 999. I'm still waiting for the breakdown bill to find out why they over changed me.

djamelg
January 13th, 2021

I booked mot service in pay on line 91£ after told my mot failed missing cloo in tyre blood missing in place number and diagnostic 498 £ I refuse ask them bring me my car told you need to pay 283 £ I accepted do nothing in car for 24hours mot fail pay 385£ horrible company too expensive i take car Nissan company

jethrog2
September 16th, 2020

Cancelled on us twice, the first time we were told a day before, the second time we were just left waiting.
Had to wait on hold for 90 minutes to get through.
Had texts promising a "call to arrange collection" 4 times but never recieved any.
Just take your car direct to a local mechanic, these guys are so bad they might as-well be a scam.

By Ayo A.
See more answers (8)

Categories My ReviewsMy Settings HelpLOG OUT B. OGB For companies Review of Servicing Stop B. O 27 reviews An hour ago Patronise this company at your own… Patronise this company at your own risk! These company is a rip-off! I should have read previous reviews. They scammed me of my money and did not service my vehicle. Booking Reference: 1244191 Service paid for: Servicing of Vehicle and MOT via servicing stop. My vehicle was booked at SAI MOT CENTER 113a Hardy Road SW19 1JB OFF MERTON HIGH STREET. My Complaint: 1). I was expecting the driver to collect my vehicle between 8am -10am as per your policy. No one turned up. I got a phone call at 09:54am and a staff from the Garage stated that the driver who should have visited fell sick. So my vehicle got picked up at 11am. 2). Chris from servicing stop phoned me around 3pm to update me about my vehicle. This guy was very RUDE, disrespectful and kept speaking in a hurry. He could not wait to get off the phone and I told him several times that he was speaking too fast for me to hear him. He ignored and carried on telling me that my vehicle did not pass MOT so l need to pay £1,350 for it to pass. I asked what is the money for? He rudely answered me saying: l already told you want it is for; or better still l will send you an email. This staff was absolutely rude and disrespectful on the phone. At the end of the conversation; l still did not know why l should pay £1,350 pounds for, so l asked that my vehicle be returned immediately. 3). I asked Chris if my vehicle was serviced and l did not get a response to that question. So l paid for servicing and MOT yet my vehicle was not SERVICED? 4). Despite calling servicing stop to make a complaint, their phone was engaged all day; so I phoned the Garage (Sai mot centre) and the guy told me that my vehicle will be delivered back to me. My vehicle was supposed to be delivered between 4pm and 6pm as per your policy and agreement. But the driver turned up at my door at 7pm, an hour late. No apologies, nothing from him. He dropped the key through my letter box as l was opening the door. I opened the door and asked him for receipt of servicing my vehicle. He told me he is just a driver and that he does not know anything about it. The Garage also claimed they do not know anything about it. So apparently no proof that my vehicle was serviced? No email from servicing stop to show receipt of servicing and what was serviced in the vehicle? L am appalled at how this company has deteriorated and the way customers are been ripped off their money. Resolution: 1). I want proof of receipt of the service that was done in my vehicle. I want details of what was actually done in it via email. 2). I will be escalating this to the financial ombudsmen services if this complaint goes unaddressed in the next 3 working days. 3). I will be leaving a detailed feedback on all review site so people do not get ripped off by your organisation; as l believe that l have been scammed of my money.

By Bukola O.