Servicing Stop

Servicing Stop has a consumer rating of 1.11 stars from 76 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Servicing Stop most frequently mention full service, special oil and trading standards problems. Servicing Stop ranks 108th among Auto Repair sites.

No positive highlights yet

• They are very quick to take your car, take your money, but the quality is very poor.
  • It's unbelievable the level and quality of service I am receiving.
How would you rate Servicing Stop?

“Excellent service”

Stuart B.
3/10/17

Found through a quick Google search, booked an MOT and was very happy with the complete service from start to finish. Highly recommended.

“Don't use!”

Leith L.
10/5/20

Paid upfront for service and cancelled immediately after reading the negative reviews which have been correct in my experience. Cancelled on 17th September, now the 5th October and still haven't received a refund. They keep sending me the same copy/pasted response that the money will be back in my account in 7 days and I can't get through to them apart from that. If you're thinking of using them I would advise you not to take the risk.

car (23) service (30) garage (13)
leithl1
October 5th, 2020

geoffh70
April 26th, 2021

An intoxicated driver collect my jaguar for full service. Garage called and said it needed suspention parts? Two days after an mot I think not. Then when car was returned no water in washer bottle having emailed servicing stop customer service 3 times and no response turns out after a check at another Garage and the dash cam they forgot to turn of my car was not serviced never to be trusted.

mattn219
March 12th, 2021

Terrible, terrible service. Unbelievably expensive, loads of hidden charges (many of which are for things most garages include in their service as standard. £25+VAT for oil?!). Impossible to contact them by telephone once they've taken your car and they just keep finding more "essential" work and hitting you with more and more requests for payment. My MOT & service, quoted at £111 ended up costing over £1200. For a 10 year old Peugeot 107. I could have replaced the car for that! I usually expect to pay in the region of £150 - £200, depending on what work is required. Even factoring in the additional repair work I knew was required in the exhaust, the price was indefensible. Genuinely horrifying experience. Never again!

Tip for consumers:
Do not use this site. You will pay way over the odds for a sub-par service.

tanyah243
May 12th, 2021

After Servicing stop done my car annual service, they firstly overcharge the service-literally almost 50% more than another garage I actually prefer to use. After the service I had problems with my car, several issues including loose parts, battery constantly dying - never happend before. We have left emails, trying to contact them, use the chat function but still no support of contact. I will never go back to them and will not recommend them at all.

dw519
February 11th, 2021
Verified purchase

If I could give a minus star rating these would get it. Do yourself a favour and just use a local garage. The low cost advertised services are soon bumped up monumentally once they have your car hostage. You canntot speak to the actual garage and be prepared for at least an hour on hold to speak with your 'service advisor'. If you do one thing today, AVOID this service.

Products used:
full service and mot

johnk3143
July 25th, 2021

Booked and paid last year for an MOT & Service, around £125 in total. Great. Got the phone call later saying various other work needed doing, the car was 3 years old and in very good condition, total came to over £500 on top of the fee's I'd already paid. They get very ratty when you challenge them over the phone too. They did the work before letting me know as well! The cheek! And unnecessarily too. Avoid, it's a total con.

simonc207
September 10th, 2020

Booked in for an MOT and service and paid up front as offered a discount.

No show yesterday to collect the car, no contact from them either.

Rang the garage who basically said it's not them who collect so they couldn't help but... I was the 3rd person that week.

Rang service stop - no answer for 60 mins

Emailed them but no response

Will have to do a chargeback on my card but will have to wait 30 days before the bank will action.

As above avoid this company

garethc23
June 8th, 2021

Look at the state of my undertray from a so called professional service. Unbelievable. Poor Collection service. No contact from advisor until they want extra payment and add ons. ( Total bull#### sales pitch/advice.). They have my Car from 8:30 - 18:30 and that's how they managed to get to the sump plug.

iainr9
October 8th, 2020

I cannot rate the service as they never even collected my car on the agreed date despite them sending numerous emails and texts promising to. Could not get through to customer service line so cancelled and made alternative arrangements. Still no contact from them two days later so I tried again. Thought I would beat the system by picking the option for premium customers, took 45 minutes to answer. Was promised a refund in the next five days but it took them seven to even process it then another five to come through. DO NOT USE. Only getting one star because I cannot give zero.

faves
October 7th, 2020

Have used them before but stopped due to high charges with no evidence the work was needed. This time I was desperate for an MoT as it had run out. Then no one turned up and When I phoned the garage pretended they couldn't find me.

jurijsl
August 19th, 2020

Very bad experience. Faults occurred after servicing and no response from the company. Not by phone, emails or social media. They are very quick to take your car, take your money, but the quality is very poor. Customer service is definitely very poor after they take your money.
Furthermore - absolutely impossible to get in touch with.

Nevertheless, I must admit they have good online systems set up and the speed of service is good.

However, I will be avoiding them in the future and would NOT recommend it to anyone.

brianh1482
December 4th, 2020

Awful customer service, report to trading standards, after spending hours on the phone the guy refused to tell me the location were my car is being service. Please avoid at all cost it's not worth the headache, unreachable, rude staff overpriced charges.

ryang383
July 20th, 2020

I'm so annoyed and feel really stupid.

My service and MOT cost £710. Their prices for minimal work are so inflated it is actually ridiculous. For instance I paid £182.88 for them to fit a budget tyre to my vehicle that retails for £60 online. What the hell?!

ayoa3
October 22nd, 2020

Wish I could review without having to waste one star.

Booked a full service and I was told I had to pay extra £36 to flush my engine. Who does a full service without flushing the engines?
On top of that I was made to acquire 42mins in telephone bill to a premium number by putting me on hold only to tell me that they are not taking MOT only bookings which could have been avoided if that info was made available on their website.

carle107
August 21st, 2020

Today i had my car serviced in kent via this rubbish service. Charged £118 for a service then get a call tried to fob me off with extra £185 just had my invoice and becareful on oil £24.99 and they already do the work if you dont pay they wont release the car. So in total the whole price was £157.99 instead of £118.

thomasc1320
December 9th, 2020

They collected my car for full service I got an email saying that all work done and everything was ok with no advisories 2 hours later. Then got a phone call 30min later saying car needed brake fluid replacing@ £77and coolant replacing@ £66 I said BS as I've got report from garage and hung up then they didn't return car till next day. DO NOT USE YOU WILL BE SORRY

nigelk33
February 3rd, 2021

Avoid at all costs. All other derogatory reviews are very accurate. Arranged full service and MOT which I was advised would be done locally only to find the garage used was some 40 miles away. Original date was cancelled and although it was done some 4 days later, as seems to be there normal practice, along came the demand for extra works and costs sighting totalling unnecessary work. One cost was a demand fo £66.50 to replace front number plate, then came the speal for uprated oil and the need to replace brake fluids, all at highly inflated prices. This seems to be there natural makeup. Just AVOID them at any cost, they are full of bull$#*!.

annf404
March 15th, 2021

Said the extra work would be over £900 when we asked the garage direct they said they could do it for £270. Ended up being shouted at by the local garage owner so we had the work done elsewhere. Unfortunately, we had already paid for the MOT and Service and of course, you have to pay for the 'special oil' £24.00 + VAT. AVOID!

Tip for consumers:
Avoid this company as if you need work done on your vehicle they double (in our case tripled) the true cost.

Products used:
Had to have the MOT and service as we prepaid

johnw3938
April 13th, 2021

Avoid this company like the plague - total con! They offer a competitive service quote but it's all downhill from there! They claimed my car needed repairs of almost £800. I questioned this and the person I was speaking to became flippant, claiming I would be putting the return driver at risk by not authorising the repairs! I was also told I would have to pay an extra 24.99 for 'specialist oil' otherwise the car would not be returned! They also claimed I had authorised this - I had not. The man who returned the car said he put ordinary synthetic oil in the car - so the company lied. This final extra cost was 46.77. I tried ringing to question this final amount but I was on constant hold and I gave up after some 40 minutes. I will be contacting trading standards.

michellel1323
June 9th, 2021

Tried to charge me twice for mot and service, made up oil flush out charges antifreeze charges brake fluid totalling 350 quid. Didnt top up my brake fluid but said they did on the service sheet check list - a massive safety breach.
Impounded my car, stole it wouldn't give it back until i paid unwanted charges absolute crooks do not use ever!

louisea98
September 23rd, 2020

I have used servicing stop in the past and have had fine experiences

I used in June this year.
Firstly they were two hours late collecting the car despite confirming twice by phone. The man who came to collect said he wasn't told a time. Then they returned my car with a crack in the windscreen. They left my car in a no parking zone with no warning they were returning the car and I was at work, despite me telling them via phone not to park it there risking a huge fine. I have called >10 times and sent 6 complaint emails with no response. Awful.

davidb5619
January 30th, 2021

Booked for between 8 and 12, then they phone and cancel after we waited in all morning, they insisted on the money upfront, but they will take 3 weeks to reimburse me... avoid.

kennethh818
September 24th, 2020

I had booked a month ago and I got a call from a garage on the morning of my service and MOT to say I was too far from the garage for it to be collected, Service Stop don't answer the phone EVER so I had to take the car in myself. They are supposed to phone to say if there are any extra charges before they do the work - they didn't! The garage says they can't contacted Service Stop either. I'm 80 years old and it's the worst car service I've ever had in my long life. A better title would be "Service? Stop Using Them!"

gerardb71
June 6th, 2020

It's unbelievable the level and quality of service I am receiving.

Please see state of car just received.

The car is in a very dirty condition, with bird poo all over. Drivers mat is equally very dirty. Dirtier than in the condition I gave it ou.

I lifted the bonnet / hood of the car and its worse. The engine cover has not been fitted with the screws with the engine cooling cap left off and pipe left hanging leaking out.

I can not express my disappointment enough.

See attached.

As expressed yesterday can I have someone acknowledge my emails, respond, call Andd arrange for refund of the payment as this is definitely not the service you guaranteed

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

marlenep85
December 16th, 2020

I booked my car in for a service. They fetched the car, and told me the price. They then rang and said it was ready but it had various things wrong and would cost me another £900. I refused and they were very rude and slammed down the phone.the garage brought it back and said there was nothing wrong with the car and said they were always doing this.so BEWARE this company

By Ayo A.
See more answers (8)

Whatever it is, if you want to go through hell of an experience check there service once. Worst service ever. Yesterday they picked the car at 11 am which was supposed to be picked by 8:30- 9:30. And was supposed to be delivered same day by 6 pm. But it is not yet delivered. They do not give direct number to the person who is picking and delivering or who is working so that we can know the status. And the garage closed at 5 pm. Yesterday we waited for any update from them that the car will not be delivered. We waited till now. But nothing from there end. We called the customer support after 30 minutes waiting time we got into the line. And they were asking what's the status. We really do not know if they will deliver our car today also or not. And we do not know what they might have used our car for the whole night. What if they are doing crimes using our car. It's our biggest mistake that we used this service. Never believe this service please. The statements they are using in there site like ‘if not delivered same day it will be free' is totally rubbish. Yesterday at 5 when we called they charge 120£ and asked us to pay that much money, else they won't deliver. We did paid that much money and still waiting for our car to be returned. Forget about servicing what they might have done we really don't know. We are not getting our car plus we are spending money in cabs plus so much stress we are going through. If the car will not be delivered today by 5pm we have to inform police. Because God knows what they are using the car for.

By Annesha D.