Review of SeatWave

Tel: 844-351-7485
abuse@seatwave.com

davidf602
7/11/18

I purchased a ticket for a festival in Madrid over two weeks ago. It begins in a few days and have received no information about the ticket whereabouts. I need the bracelet too to get in and I have heard nothing. I have the order number on an email but that is it.

I have called 1 million times and recieved no info. I emailed and got a response saying we are busy and received a link to questions that had already been asked. I have the right to at least know what has happened with the ticket and my MONEY!!! Now I dont care if the ticket comes or I get a refund but I need to be guaranteed I will get one or the other. So far you have answered to nothing Seatwave. Very poor customer service.

rosemarym41
3/20/18

Scammed into paying a fortune then they would not give me the tickets for 2 months, and only when I complained to many places including seatwave who never answer anything except to resell them so they can slap another 59 per ticket to their next victim. never go near them!

chrisa227
2/9/18

I purchased two tickets for Aston villa v Birmingham city. Should be noted I am Aston villa fan with a fan ID.
Today two days before event I get an email stating they have refunded money.
I call only to be told "Aston Villa have cancelled tickets".
I send 4 emails to seatwave and get no reply.
I call Aston Villa who tell me this is a seatwave error and they said no such thing.
I get home from work and two tickets are in post.
I call Villa and they say yes they are valid, contrary to what seatwave said.
Interesting to note seatwave sold me tickets at £45 each and few days ago were selling at £200 each.
I wait to see if I get in. What worry

michaelt251
11/29/17

We were charged a total of £173.16 for 2 tickets with a ticket price of £54.00 each. We had to chase UPS for the tickets as they were only given to them on Friday for a Monday concert. We only received the tickets 3 hours before we had to leave for the concert. There were hundreds of seats available at the concert. Book direct with the Genting Arena!

tabbyv
8/29/17

I sold a ticket and received an email saying a should receive the money for the ticket in up to 10 working days. It's 6 weeeks later and still no payment and no response to emails. Also no phone number to contact. Awful experience do not use!

cianm11
7/3/17

Down 115 euro, thank you seatwave. They were too late sending me my tickets, so i was forced to buy tickets at the event. I then got a call from seatwave WHILE I was at the event saying that they just sent me my ticket. Then refused to reimburse me afterwords.

lorrainea13
2/18/17

I sold 2 tickets for drake concern in Leeds, other friends still went and two tickets I sold were used by two females sitting in seats I would have been in, they paudcwell over odds that I sold for plus my admin fee - so why am I still waiting for my money

I wish I had read the reviews before I dealt with this shoddy company

iainl2
1/26/17

Do not I repeat do not use these people , they are false don't keep to their side of the agreement . Sold tickets through them for an Aston Villa game on Boxing Day . Told money would be in my bank in 10 days , spoke to them yesterday won't be paid now till 3rd of Feb . They are con artists you've been warned

nigelc18
11/28/16

Health Warning Required!

I acquired two tickets to the recent Paul Simon concert at the Royal Albert Hall. At 75 its not all the likely he will tour again and I last saw him at the same venue showcasing the Graceland Album, in the mid 1980's.

This time we wanted the best seats we could get and paid over £500 to Seatwave for two £75 face value seats - ok thats the deal so fair enough.

We then booked over night accommodation and train fares up from Cornwall where we live...

So far so good - all went well and we gained access to the venue no problem...but there was a problem when we were directed to our great seats...some one else was sitting in these.

To cut a long story short we were simply kicked out - the event was completely booked and that was...well that!

Seatwave apologised and gave us our money back - this still left me over £500 out of pocket for the trip and accommodation, food etc...plus...a serious case of sadness and disappointment.

Seatwave do not seem the carry out effective checks on the tickets they are buying in from third parties and as result, although they presumably get quite a few duds, this must be a % play for them - while for us - its was a financial and personal disaster.

There is no doubt that if we had appreciated the risks in this scam ridden world we would have thought at least twice before taking the plunge.

Seatwave need to post very prominently the risks they are encouraging their buyers to take - before the sale actually takes place!

We have pointed all this out to Seatwave but all they did was pay back the ticket money with no further comment.

NC

bridieh
11/23/16

Can't believe that I paid Seatwave £150 for two rugby tickets and when they arrived the face value of each ticket is £25. Only arrived 3 days before the game. Chased numerous times. Foreign customer services. Staybaway. You can buy cheaper elsewhere!! Will never use again.

annar103
11/22/16

Ticketmaster and seatwave are scum abused of there customers selling the tickets double of the price $#*!ing scum. Ruined my kids Christmas present s with Bruno Mars sell .

emilyj58
11/19/16

These people are complete con artists! I sold tickets through their website and they claim that 2 of the tickets were not bonifide (pdf downloaded directly from the O2 ticket pdf sent to me) and therefore they have removed over £75.00 from my account as a penalty! No warning....

stevenp82
10/27/16

aviod this shower at all costs still no tickets 48 hrs before the event with tickets costing £450 , phone and you get people whose English i couldn't understand!!!!!

katyac
10/24/16

I used to work for them. Terrible company. Don't know what they're doing at all. Stay well away.

christinec90
9/20/16

I waited with a ticking clock for tickets going on sale at 9.30 a.m. for an Olly Murs concert. Bang on 9.30 the computer loaded Seatwave. Never hearing of them I presumed they were the other companies main supplier. The tickets appeared overpriced at £85 each but I needed four and bought them as they were not for me and didn't want to disappoint the friends. Total cost however was £448.00. Tickets came today with a seat value of £55.00 each. I feel totally embarrassed to now find I can still buy the same tickets, block and row, from the company I originally was logged onto for £35.00. I shall never buy anything from Seatwave again and feel any responsible company would offer a refund for any dissatisaction caused by what amounts to extortionate inflation of prices. I am mortified I fell for this as the money spent wasn't even mine. My rating would be zero if that were possible however it has to be one.

debbiee20
8/18/16

As you can see from other reviews Seatwave is awful, I had such a bad experience with them. Went to Amsterdam to see Coldplay, they didn't tell me my ticket didn't exist, even though I bought them 6 months before, customers service was appalling!!!!!!!!! This should be no stars!!!

samb160
7/21/16

Seatwave is the worse on-line ticket platform. I didn't receive my tickets to my hotel in Amsterdam so I changed the address to the next hotel in order to allow a few more days for the tickets to arrive. Meanwhile I sent queries, emails and tried to call them but in vain. On the day of the match we drove to the stadium hoping for a miracle, but nothing. Only after approaching Paypal did I get my money back a month later. They take 0 liability for their poor "customer service". Beware!

andrewh130
6/8/16

Deceitful!

"Your ticket is safe and secure with our ticket integrity guarantee" - A statement from the Seatwave website. Oh Yes? Read on-

On 5th October 2015 I bought and paid for two tickets to see Rod Stewart at the Plymouth Argyle Stadium, Plymouth, on the 7th June 2016. The tickets were for Floor seating block A3 which was centre and directly in front of the stage. The tickets were a birthday present for my wife and I particularly needed seats close to the stage as my wife has some visual impairment. I paid in total just under £600.00 for these tickets. The confirmation details on the order stated that the tickets are expected to be dispatched no later than the 2nd June 2016. My order number was 1637879.

Some weeks ago, it could have been around April or May time, I cant remember exactly, I had an email from Seatwave offering me a discount of £50 if I would change venues and attend the Rod Stewart concert on the 10th June at Southampton instead. Why did they do this? I did not get it at the time, but obviously Seatwave knew then that there would be a problem with my tickets, my tickets, that I had paid for and had confirmed by them in October 2015!

There was also no logic whatsoever in going to Southampton, an eight hour round trip, for a little discount, when the Plymouth venue is only two miles from my doorstep!

Seatwave knew then there was a problem. This offer would never have been made otherwise. But they did not tell me there was a problem.

Early June and the tickets had not arrived. I was worried so I contacted Seatwave, by email and by phone only to be told that my original tickets were now "unavailable" that was all, nothing else, just suddenly "unavailable". This, despite having been paid for and confirmed - remember their "guarantee" - a full nine months ago!

Clearly Seatwave in conivance with their seller had sold my seats for a much higher price to another person! What other conclusion can I draw from their actions! How deceitful is that? Either that or they are grossly incompetant as a company and it takes them a full nine months to discover that, with no satisfactory explanation given.

A representative of Seatwave phoned me on the afternoon of the 6th June, the day before the concert and he offered me alternative seating, plus a partial refund of the ticket price, or a full refund. The seating offer was not acceptable nor was the partial refund given the circumstances. I emailed and told Seatwave I wanted a full refund, they claim they are sending this although at the time of writing it has not appeared in my bank account. There was also a twee little message saying how sorry they were for getting it wrong this time but next time it would be ok. Oh yes? Do the fools really think I would use such a deceitful organisation again?

junek14
4/26/16

I am disgusted and disappointed with Seatwave. I paid for a ticket in October to see Michael Bolton today. They never once got in touch with me. I had to keep ringing them, right up to yesterday and then I was told there was no ticket. I will never use them again. Nor will I recommend them to anyone. I think they should have the courtesy to keep in contact with their customers.

harrym62
3/25/16

Don't buy from Seatwave they let us down in France last weekend for rugby tickets 3 hours before kick off - despite numerous reassurances not to worry ! There customer service is appalling and they couldn't care less !

drewp10
3/19/16

Paid months in advance for cat 1 rugby tickets at stade de France. Given the run around with promises and yet no tickets. 9 hrs before kick off, sent category 4 tickets by email. A faceless organisation that may well manipulate prices on demand. Don't risk it!!!!

marisad4
3/5/16

was Suprised by my friend with tickets to see Adele, we Mis-placed the tickets contacted The vendor & spent the whole day on the phone Tryin to find someone helpful enough to re-print them for us which obviously didn't happen.
We had our original ticket stub plus prof of payment which we told them over the phone & No! They couldn't do anything for us. Our tickets were for Adele's dublin show Friday 4th March & we never got to see her Shame on you Seat Wave for not being able to help us.

Will NOT be using this vendor in the future

Very Annoyed
Marisa in Dublin

josec54
11/30/15

DO NOT TRUST IN SEATWAVE!!!!

thomass110
8/28/15

Ordered 2 tickets for a U2 concert in Germany in September 2015 and paid US$ 621.12 in June. Got the order confirmation listing 2 tickets at $ 250 per ticket plus fees and postage = total $ 621.12. Tickets arrived on August 28 - ticket face value Euro 36.95 = $ 40.65 each!
Complained and told Seatwave that this is highly suspect, unethical at least. They claim it's their business model and tickets are sold at any value. Wow, what a business model. How to screw the consumer. I think their parent is Ticketmaster in California, USA - wouldn't this kind of ticket scalping be illegal in California? Anyways. Don't do business with them!

charleneh7
8/22/15

Never order from this company I ordered 6 months before event. No tickets on the day so couldn't go! Absolutely gutted. Refused me compensation for my loss and will be waiting 4-5 working days for a refund! Waste of bloody time and money!

i reported them then they did after 3 moinths

By Rosemary M.

I cannot help to answer this question. Strongly suggest to call Seatwave!

By Thomas S.

Questions? Get answers from the SeatWave staff and other customers.

SeatWave?