This website seems to be closed. Find similar businesses

SeatWave

SeatWave has a consumer rating of 1.13 stars from 47 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. SeatWave also ranks 169th among Tickets sites. The most common issues with SeatWave are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

No positive highlights yet

• Yes, it's a platform for selling tickets, but that doesn't make it a good experience.
  • Overpriced in admin fees and the customer service is non existent!
How would you rate SeatWave?

“Must say I got tickets to see a sold out Rugby match...”

Stephen M.
10/19/12

Must say I got tickets to see a sold out Rugby match in Italy using seatwave and thought it was a lifesaver, just paid online and got an instant barcode ticket for me to print off at home. Got into the game no problem and would use them again without hesitation.

“Ripped off”

Rosemary M.
3/20/18

Scammed into paying a fortune then they would not give me the tickets for 2 months, and only when I complained to many places including seatwave who never answer anything except to resell them so they can slap another 59 per ticket to their next victim. Never go near them!

tickets (38) customer service (11)
rosemarym41
March 20th, 2018
samb160
July 21st, 2016
Seatwave is the worse on-line ticket platform. I didn't receive my tickets to my hotel in Amsterdam so I changed the address to the next hotel in order to allow a few more days for the tickets to arrive. Meanwhile I sent queries, emails and tried to call them but in vain. On the day of the match we drove to the stadium hoping for a miracle, but nothing. Only after approaching Paypal did I get my money back a month later. They take 0 liability for their poor "customer service". Beware!
davidf602
July 11th, 2018
I purchased a ticket for a festival in Madrid over two weeks ago. It begins in a few days and have received no information about the ticket whereabouts. I need the bracelet too to get in and I have heard nothing. I have the order number on an email but that is it.

I have called 1 million times and recieved no info. I emailed and got a response saying we are busy and received a link to questions that had already been asked. I have the right to at least know what has happened with the ticket and my MONEY! Now I dont care if the ticket comes or I get a refund but I need to be guaranteed I will get one or the other. So far you have answered to nothing Seatwave. Very poor customer service.
stephenm29
October 19th, 2012
paolas
April 1st, 2014
Rated low because:. We were not kept informed on the status of the tickets (Hong Kong 7's rugby tickets), we tried contacting Seatwave many times before getting an answer. The tickets were not delivered as promised and we had too pick them up from the Regal hotel. Until the very last minute we didn't know if there would be any tickets at all.
All in all, a pretty bad experience with Seatwave.
taral1
June 21st, 2011
Well bought and am trying to sell on this site. It all sounds good but I overpaid for the concerts I bought for and I am noticing they do not actively seem to market their sellers tickets like other sites.
iainl2
January 26th, 2017
Do not I repeat do not use these people, they are false don't keep to their side of the agreement. Sold tickets through them for an Aston Villa game on Boxing Day. Told money would be in my bank in 10 days, spoke to them yesterday won't be paid now till 3rd of Feb. They are con artists you've been warned
chrisa227
February 9th, 2018
I purchased two tickets for Aston villa v Birmingham city. Should be noted I am Aston villa fan with a fan ID.
Today two days before event I get an email stating they have refunded money.
I call only to be told "Aston Villa have cancelled tickets".
I send 4 emails to seatwave and get no reply.
I call Aston Villa who tell me this is a seatwave error and they said no such thing.
I get home from work and two tickets are in post.
I call Villa and they say yes they are valid, contrary to what seatwave said.
Interesting to note seatwave sold me tickets at £45 each and few days ago were selling at £200 each.
I wait to see if I get in. What worry
debbiee20
August 18th, 2016
As you can see from other reviews Seatwave is awful, I had such a bad experience with them. Went to Amsterdam to see Coldplay, they didn't tell me my ticket didn't exist, even though I bought them 6 months before, customers service was appalling! This should be no stars!
junek14
April 26th, 2016
I am disgusted and disappointed with Seatwave. I paid for a ticket in October to see Michael Bolton today. They never once got in touch with me. I had to keep ringing them, right up to yesterday and then I was told there was no ticket. I will never use them again. Nor will I recommend them to anyone. I think they should have the courtesy to keep in contact with their customers.
colinh35
January 12th, 2015
I bought 3 tickets for Cirque Du Soleil at Royal Albert Hall for 9th January at cost of £200 as special treat for my wife and daughter. On arrival at the venue we were turned away as "the tickets had been purchased on a stolen credit card." Probably the most embarrassing / humiliating and disappointing experience of my life. Currently £200 out of pocket. I thought I was dealing with a reputable company and would never ever buy tickets through them again.
michaelt251
November 29th, 2017
We were charged a total of £173.16 for 2 tickets with a ticket price of £54.00 each. We had to chase UPS for the tickets as they were only given to them on Friday for a Monday concert. We only received the tickets 3 hours before we had to leave for the concert. There were hundreds of seats available at the concert. Book direct with the Genting Arena!
lorrainea13
February 18th, 2017
I sold 2 tickets for drake concern in Leeds, other friends still went and two tickets I sold were used by two females sitting in seats I would have been in, they paudcwell over odds that I sold for plus my admin fee - so why am I still waiting for my money.

I wish I had read the reviews before I dealt with this shoddy company
drewp10
March 19th, 2016
Paid months in advance for cat 1 rugby tickets at stade de France. Given the run around with promises and yet no tickets. 9 hrs before kick off, sent category 4 tickets by email. A faceless organisation that may well manipulate prices on demand. Don't risk it!
emilyj58
November 19th, 2016
These people are complete con artists! I sold tickets through their website and they claim that 2 of the tickets were not bonifide (pdf downloaded directly from the O2 ticket pdf sent to me) and therefore they have removed over £75.00 from my account as a penalty! No warning...
tabbyv
August 29th, 2017
I sold a ticket and received an email saying a should receive the money for the ticket in up to 10 working days. It's 6 weeeks later and still no payment and no response to emails. Also no phone number to contact. Awful experience do not use!
bridieh
November 23rd, 2016
Can't believe that I paid Seatwave £150 for two rugby tickets and when they arrived the face value of each ticket is £25. Only arrived 3 days before the game. Chased numerous times. Foreign customer services. Staybaway. You can buy cheaper elsewhere! Will never use again.
nigelc18
November 28th, 2016
Health Warning Required!

I acquired two tickets to the recent Paul Simon concert at the Royal Albert Hall. At 75 its not all the likely he will tour again and I last saw him at the same venue showcasing the Graceland Album, in the mid 1980's.

This time we wanted the best seats we could get and paid over £500 to Seatwave for two £75 face value seats - ok thats the deal so fair enough.

We then booked over night accommodation and train fares up from Cornwall where we live...

So far so good - all went well and we gained access to the venue no problem... but there was a problem when we were directed to our great seats... some one else was sitting in these.

To cut a long story short we were simply kicked out - the event was completely booked and that was... well that!

Seatwave apologised and gave us our money back - this still left me over £500 out of pocket for the trip and accommodation, food etc... plus... a serious case of sadness and disappointment.

Seatwave do not seem the carry out effective checks on the tickets they are buying in from third parties and as result, although they presumably get quite a few duds, this must be a % play for them - while for us - its was a financial and personal disaster.

There is no doubt that if we had appreciated the risks in this scam ridden world we would have thought at least twice before taking the plunge.

Seatwave need to post very prominently the risks they are encouraging their buyers to take - before the sale actually takes place!

We have pointed all this out to Seatwave but all they did was pay back the ticket money with no further comment.

NC
michaelc124
September 30th, 2014
Awful company which profits from the misfortune of others. Yes, it's a platform for selling tickets, but that doesn't make it a good experience. Customer Service is appalling and the website does not have sufficient functionality to be useful. The communication emails from the company are poor and overall it provides a terrible experience.

My advice?... Avoid this company at all costs. Use alternative online re-selling sites.

Tip for consumers: Use alternative sites such as StubHub, GetMeIn and Viagogo.

harrym62
March 25th, 2016
Don't buy from Seatwave they let us down in France last weekend for rugby tickets 3 hours before kick off - despite numerous reassurances not to worry! There customer service is appalling and they couldn't care less!
cianm11
July 3rd, 2017
Down 115 euro, thank you seatwave. They were too late sending me my tickets, so i was forced to buy tickets at the event. I then got a call from seatwave WHILE I was at the event saying that they just sent me my ticket. Then refused to reimburse me afterwords.
stevenp82
October 27th, 2016
Aviod this shower at all costs still no tickets 48 hrs before the event with tickets costing £450, phone and you get people whose English i couldn't understand!
marisad4
March 5th, 2016
Was Suprised by my friend with tickets to see Adele, we Mis-placed the tickets contacted The vendor & spent the whole day on the phone Tryin to find someone helpful enough to re-print them for us which obviously didn't happen.
We had our original ticket stub plus prof of payment which we told them over the phone & No! They couldn't do anything for us. Our tickets were for Adele's dublin show Friday 4th March & we never got to see her Shame on you Seat Wave for not being able to help us.

Will NOT be using this vendor in the future

Very Annoyed
Marisa in Dublin
charleneh7
August 22nd, 2015
Never order from this company I ordered 6 months before event. No tickets on the day so couldn't go! Absolutely gutted. Refused me compensation for my loss and will be waiting 4-5 working days for a refund! Waste of bloody time and money!
christinec90
September 20th, 2016
I waited with a ticking clock for tickets going on sale at 9.30 a.m. for an Olly Murs concert. Bang on 9.30 the computer loaded Seatwave. Never hearing of them I presumed they were the other companies main supplier. The tickets appeared overpriced at £85 each but I needed four and bought them as they were not for me and didn't want to disappoint the friends. Total cost however was £448.00. Tickets came today with a seat value of £55.00 each. I feel totally embarrassed to now find I can still buy the same tickets, block and row, from the company I originally was logged onto for £35.00. I shall never buy anything from Seatwave again and feel any responsible company would offer a refund for any dissatisaction caused by what amounts to extortionate inflation of prices. I am mortified I fell for this as the money spent wasn't even mine. My rating would be zero if that were possible however it has to be one.

I reported them then they did after 3 moinths

By Rosemary M.

I cannot help to answer this question. Strongly suggest to call Seatwave!

By Thomas S.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the SeatWave staff and other customers.

Buy or Sell Tickets on Seatwave for all Concerts, Theatre & Sporting Events Seatwave | Official Ticketmaster Marketplace

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SeatWave?

Have a question about SeatWave?