Review of SeatWave

Tel: 844-351-7485
abuse@seatwave.com

martinw27
3/24/15

Do not trust them. they have a great selection but do not live up to commitments. I bought tickets for el Clasico three months ahead of time, was told three weeks ahead of time that my tickets ampere assured and covered by their "guarantee", and was told the day before the event - after flying from LA to Barcelona - that my tickets were no longer available.. as for their guarantee - they said no other seats were avialable (even though multiple tickets were listed on their website) - what I found they meant later was that "other, CHEAPER seats weren't available". they lied. they misled. they left me hanging. do not buy from them. they don't deserve your business

colinh35
1/12/15

I bought 3 tickets for Cirque Du Soleil at Royal Albert Hall for 9th January at cost of £200 as special treat for my wife and daughter. On arrival at the venue we were turned away as "the tickets had been purchased on a stolen credit card." Probably the most embarrassing / humiliating and disappointing experience of my life. Currently £200 out of pocket. I thought I was dealing with a reputable company and would never ever buy tickets through them again.

sw376
12/18/14

terrible service, was let down on tickets purchased 4 months prior to concert as they said they didn't have them to sell me, eventually got alternative tickets one day before concert for different seats on a different day.

lucyl23
11/14/14

Overpriced and not much different than the touts! Be careful as you pay through the roof for special delivery and they just send the tickets by normal 1st class post, or if choosing eticket you get charged the privilege of £4.95 per ticket e ticket storage fees?!? Overpriced in admin fees and the customer service is non existent! Bought twice of this website as the only one that had the ticket available but I regret this as my tickets for a concert on Sunday are yet to arrive in the online portal :/ great.

michaelc124
9/30/14

Awful company which profits from the misfortune of others. Yes, it's a platform for selling tickets, but that doesn't make it a good experience. Customer Service is appalling and the website does not have sufficient functionality to be useful. The communication emails from the company are poor and overall it provides a terrible experience.

My advice?... Avoid this company at all costs. Use alternative online re-selling sites.

Tip for consumers: Use alternative sites such as StubHub, GetMeIn and Viagogo.

joe2217
7/28/14

Be Careful......buying from Seatwave is not risk free.
I purchased my tickets for Monty Python as a birthday present/treat for my partner and the tickets arrived as promised and looked genuine. We traveled by train to the O2 and having got to the front of the admittance queue, our tickets were scanned and we were told that they had been voided and we weren't allowed in. The supervisor at the O2 said that our tickets were actually still for sale on the stubhub website.
Long story short. Seatwave refunded the cost of the tickets but we are still out of pocket (train), didn't get to see the show and had a fairly miserable birthday evening.
Very poor Seatwave, I will never use Seatwave again and would strongly suggest you don't risk using them.

peneloper3
6/4/14

Charged £9.99 for 'special delivery', tickets eventually arrived just days before the gig in a normal 50p stamped envelope through the door. Awful company. Glorified TOUTS.
Paid over double the face price of the tickets without realising until we saw the actual tickets. Also they took our money a year in advance!!

paolas
4/1/14

Rated low because:
. We were not kept informed on the status of the tickets (Hong Kong 7's rugby tickets), we tried contacting Seatwave many times before getting an answer.
. The tickets were not delivered as promised and we had too pick them up from the Regal hotel.
. Until the very last minute we didn't know if there would be any tickets at all.
All in all, a pretty bad experience with Seatwave.

nicolep15
2/8/14

They refused to refund fake tickets
and charged me 4x the original price of the ticket
Stay away from them

nekm
10/7/13

terrible customer service, be very very wary of selling with them as the throw discounts around at sellers expense willy-nilly for any small detail without even contacting you.

davidj55
9/5/13

Don't use Seatwave! I accidently posted the wrong seat number from my ticket and they offered the buyer the option for me to buy him a ticket at a higher price. I lost money!
There is NO customer service. They answer only by email and only the parts of the email they want to.
Do yourself a favour and go elsewhere or pay the price!

geghania
8/19/13

It's already been 3 months that I've sold my tickets via this website, and haven't received any money back. I have written to the customer service 6 times already. At first they said it has been sent, and then they said there was a problem with my account, which is not true as I was actively using my account at the time, and then they started promising to send the money "soon", which NEVER happened! DON'T use this website!

ranh
7/13/13

The most un transparent process via web site: the process ended before I realized what I was ordering... With no alert notification about being a secondary market, about the fact that the tickets are not for seating !!!! And with no notification about the full order before the last "click" for final confirmation.
Moreover , the answers I've received via emails were (to say the least) misleading , and I realized I've "purchased" a standing tickets instead of seating ones, only after I got the tickets few hours before the concert started .
It was too late then to sell them, as I couldn't use a non seating tickets.

In addition, it wasn't easy to get someone senior over the phone, to resolve the issue. The supervisor wasn't really willing to listen to my customer service complains, and tried explain me why I was wrong and Seatwave are right.

I've asked for a full refund, as I've never meant to purchase such tickets - and I was refused .

This is the most terrible experience I've ever had as a customer via a website, and actually, in general.

I think Seatwave is a fraud ... And only now when I'm readying this web site and also in other websites that I'm not the first one, I hope no one will ever do business with Seatwave

didierd
7/10/13

I bought on April 5th 2013, 4 tier one tickets for the Rolling Stones concert in Hyde Park on 6th of July and paid 3 216,40 Pounds for.
We finally got only 2 access packages delivered to our hotel in a Seatwave envelope the day before the event, this after many many phone calls; our 2 daughters who were supposed to have a surprise ended up crying because I trusted this company !!
Now trying to get a refund, they have no responsibility and you will realize that all the stuff on their Webside about Guarantees, Manifesto is just a bunch of lies. Stay away from Seatwave even if you're a fan and couldn't get tickets by normal ways.

tomh72
6/10/13

Bought tickets to Rodriguez only to have them turn out to be fake. We turned up at the concert and the tickets didnt scan and the box office said sorry these are not yours!!

AVOID AVOID AVOID

mollys2
5/18/13

So I have been looking at many sites with reviews for Seatwave. For every bad review that spoke about a specific event ticket, there is a 5 star review for that same event posted later in the timeline. Verdict? Seatwave is more dedicated to keeping a good reputation on review sites than actually giving you a good experience with their company.
I didn't personally buy tickets. The reason I am so T.O.'d about their site is that I tried to get in contact with them and have them give me a refund for a purchase I found on my card that I did not make. Obviously I'm blocking my card, but to let everyone else know, if you expect to get a response about ANYTHING on their site BEWARE. I have read many others who like me have received nothing but their automated "we will get back to you" response.
Empty promises and a sham.
Hate Hate Hate.

kenw21
3/6/13

Usual story.... Paid ~£75 per ticket for 6 nations rugby ticket in paris. the face value on the ticket is only 15. Face value not displayed on website. Feel a bit ripped off, but I guess I wanted to go to the game and did not have much choice so I was not expecting to get an honest price.

stephenm29
10/19/12

Must say I got tickets to see a sold out Rugby match in Italy using seatwave and thought it was a lifesaver, just paid online and got an instant barcode ticket for me to print off at home. Got into the game no problem and would use them again without hesitation.

gordone
4/8/12

I used this site once to buy some concert tickets. They do sell directly some genuine tickets but they also act as a "respectable" looking front for ticket touts. I'd say don't anywhere near them. They do not show the ticket face value on resold tickets giving free reign for the seller to dupe the buyer; a crook's charter.

taral1
6/21/11

Well bought and am trying to sell on this site. It all sounds good but I overpaid for the concerts I bought for and I am noticing they do not actively seem to market their sellers tickets like other sites.

harryb5
4/4/11

Decent interface masks an absolutely miserable company, where the only people who come out of any transaction happy are seatwave. If you're looking to buy tickets, you'll see that any reasonably priced tickets are almost non-existent, whereas if you're a legitimate ticket seller just looking to offload some extra tickets you don't need, you'll have to charge a ridiculous overhead to make the face price back (because of seatwave's fees). Stick to eBay!

rebeccac
8/19/09

WARNING - DO NOT USE I'll keep things short and sweet! Do not use this company! I ordered V tickets, it's one day to the event and they've not even been sent. Customer services contradict themselves, and that's when you get someone who speaks good english. I've spent £15 in call fees and have sent nurmerous emails. I'm now being told that they'll come Saturday before 9am! The concert starts at 12pm! Leaving me no time to travel EVEN if they do arrive! Please don't waste your money! Ticket touts would have been a better option in hindsight!

i reported them then they did after 3 moinths

By Rosemary M.

I cannot help to answer this question. Strongly suggest to call Seatwave!

By Thomas S.

Questions? Get answers from the SeatWave staff and other customers.

SeatWave?