Review of RatedPeople

Tel: +44 844 481 8000
sales@ratedpeople.com

saraht265
3/21/19

Just to inform people that if you short list and that is SHORT LIST someone for a job through this company - the tradesmen get charged from Rated People whether you take the tradesmen or not for the work..... it is not fair. They are not the only site that do this. So please think before you short list anyone as it is costing them money and sometimes can be in the 100's per week.

lizw234
2/17/19

I received 2 quotes from trades people that have bought leads, however I never posted any jobs on their site. Still don't know how they got my details. The jobs were for house ext worth £30 000. I felt very sorry for the genuine tradesman that pade for the fake lead. I was also extremely angry that they used my contact details. I contacted them and demand an answer, they just said they will take the job down. Disgusting.

doyennesp
1/21/19

They are scam artists. Fake leads and they refuse to refund your account. At most they will give you credit.... so you can but more fake leads!! Dont bother if you are a trades person.

billyw80
1/15/19

Rated people are just a money making scam.none of the traders are are actually verified correctly.they didn't even ask for my public liability insurance or any other qualifications.all they wanted was the signup fee and I was all of a sudden a "rated person"

stuartb121
12/5/18

I joined all 3 of the main trusted trader type programs and joined rated people at its lowest level to try it out. I can see why thier sales people want you to join at the higher rates now on reflection. The concept of paying only for the leads you want is attractive, however I have to say the quality of the leads are really poor and massively expensive. You just recieve a constant flow of labour only quotes for worthless jobs... Fit my 4 cctv camera over 10 hours with a budget of under £100 for which they want £15 plus vat for the lead. You are signed in for a year so I have found myself just using up my credits on something that might be value... I haven't got anything from it in 9 months... Yet my business is busy every day from al my other activities. Waste of time and money

danr253
12/5/18

Clients are only knterested in the cheapest quote and the leads are expensive.
Not for respectful tradesmen. It's a junkyard

davids1894
10/31/18

I joined for 3-4 weeks had lots of leeds great but they all cost quite a lot and I won 0 jobs. I've worked as a builder for over 20 years and just wanted to select work near me. I responded very quickly and actually priced work Very competitively!

Yet no jobs won. I think the customers are only interested in the lowest quote.
I see a lot of complaints about poor workmanship! Well cheapest is not always the best customers! I'm glad the guys who undercut me have supplied a rubbish job.

michaelm1801
10/28/18

Websites such as Rated People are supposed to be raising the standard of how tradespeople interact & trade with consumers. Unfortunately out of 4 tradespeople that we have used via Rated People, only 1 has produced work to a decent standard. As a person who works in a trade, I have noticed that Rated People & other similar websites have successfully contributed to lowering the standard of tradespeople in the UK by providing a platform for unscrupulous and below-par people to advertise their below-standard services in exchange for paying for the privilege.

Rated People and other similar websites need to urgently review who they allow to trade on their websites. Unsuspecting consumers, like myself, are placing trust in these websites that they will receive good service from vetted tradespeople. The reality is definitely not the case and Rated People need face up to their original brief to raise standards otherwise consumers are no better off by simply playing 'Russian roulette' with a copy of the Yellow Pages!

laurenceh23
10/24/18

Leads are ridiculously expensive and customer service is appalling. Go with Check-a-trade or my builder as one thing is for sure and that is rated people are a total waste of time and money AVOID

williamf299
9/14/18

Leads to expensive and customers waste of time and effort i was a member one day email from rated people that i do not fit their criteria. Over Fifty 5 stars ratings no answers from rated people

Response from Rated P., RatedPeople Representative
That's not very good
chrisg398
9/11/18

Chris contacted me very quickly after posting my advert and arranged to call to look at the job. We received a quote straight away and the work was completed to a very high standard which consisted of preparing and painting fachias to the outside of the house. Chris and his workers were always polite, courteous and on time. They were very tidy, always clearing up after themselves.
We were delighted with the excellent job Chris and his workers did for a very reasonable price. I would definitely recommend this company

joet202
9/10/18

Arrived on time and carried out the job in half the time. Very happy with the outcome. Was polite and friendly.

povilasd2
9/4/18

As a builder I can say that buying rated people job leads is not a good investment.
65% of purchased job leads I could not contact (wrong phone, no one would pick up phone for weeks, false email and etc), jobs are gone on the first contact without even getting a chance to quote and etc.
Worst part is that rated people won't refund you for most fake leads due to their refund credit limits, policies and etc.
Sometimes you end up spending £100 and not getting any work.

toms651
8/8/18

We hired someone who is listed on there site, worst mistake we made. After letting them know that they had cowboys (AP Home Improvements) listed on their site they weren't interested as we didn't book through the site. They appear to be more interested in the fee that they take from the tradespeople that are listed.

Be cautious!

daniels623
7/20/18

I used rated people for 3-4 months and after not much joy with them decided i was wasting my money. i was paying monthly on a silver subscription ( £45 a month) i rang to cancel my subscription which they said i couldnt do as i was tied in for a year. i canceled my direct debit with them and they stopped my account from operating .. i thought that was the end of it, i have just received a debt collection letter for £456.80 for the months i did not use rated people? wtf !! surly they cant bill me for something i didnt use ? any advice ?

tonyn84
7/18/18

Be careful before signing up with this mob. If after joining you become dissatisfied with the sharp practices they use and wish to complain, you will hit a brick wall. I have been refused a refund for a dud lead that I bought. After requesting a refund, they refused to credit my account. I then sent them a message that I wanted to cancel my membership. They phoned and offered to credit the money. I refused the offer and repeated my request for them to cancel membership and request any money they thought due in writing as I had cancelled the recurring payment through my bank. I got an email telling me my contract was still ongoing and could not be cancelled and that I must phone again at a later date. They try every trick in the book to manipulate you Avoid them like the plague!

onofriom
7/4/18

They took an annual fee from me that I did not authorise.

Customer Service is appallling. MyBuilder and Bidvine actually care about their tradespeople.

ians163
6/10/18

I have been using rated people for a few months and was ok until recently when I had a complaint but their customer service is appalling. I aptly money to rated people and when I have a complaint I expect them to look into not ignore me. So now I have cancelled and would urge anyone to consider using them definitely DONT ! !!

tomc350
5/27/18

Purchased 10 leads and not a single invite for a quote, No refund - reason given "too many refunds requests in short time"? So I can buy 10 leads in a day but can't request 2 bad leads in a day? This is unacceptable I have 5 stars and have been with them for more then 7 years but now there are 90% leads are by imaginary customers, Looking For Leads Go Checkatrade.

tahirh2
4/9/18

RIPPING PEOPLE NO TRUST SCUMMERS BE CAREFUL RUBBISH SCUMMERS SCUMMERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SCUMMERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SCUMMMMERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

cyrilb18
3/26/18

I needed a new combi boiler Shawn Murney came and looked at my boiler managed to get it going over the weekend , gave us a few pieces for a new one was very happy with the price so he came on the Monday morning and fitted the new one his work was excellent left no mess and it's working great happy days I would highly recommend him thanks again Shawn Murney

derekp43
3/13/18

I had a company called Qualidec to do my decorating Peter Yates was his name & I have absolutely no qualms about recommending him to any one .He was professional with outstanding quality

Derek Plant.

yvonnec48
2/21/18

I needed a plasterer in the Nottingham area one guy came back to me his name was Joe the quote was a decent price and as I wanted doing ASAP ( typical woman) it was not a problem two guys came out to my house at the time agreed the main guy was called Julian they were polite and clean couldnt fault them would use them again

barbarac208
12/7/17

I was delighted with Errol and his work and would highly recommend his work and good manners.
He left the property in a clean and tidy manner and was always on time.

lloydr25
11/26/17

BEWARE - Waste of time

I used Rated People to find a tradesman to carry out some work on my property, I had numerous problems with the tradesman (bill harding - harding construction) and he ended up walking away with close to £9000 leaving my property half finished and a total mess.

I contacted Rated People for assistance in tracking down this tradesman, I was only provided with a phone number and email address and this was no enough to summon him to court. I asked Rated People to provide me with his details so I could send him court letter. I was told that this was something Rated People could not do.

I used their service because I believed they were safer than traditional methods, this is obviously not the case and when something goes wrong they leave you high and dry.

All they ask for is a few bits of paperwork to proof your identity. Passport, utility bill, bank statement etc. Same happened to me yesterday. First the phone call then emeil. I got my documents together and emailed them back. I got approved within the hour. All good ready to go. So why is it so difficult for some people. They not even asking for qualifications coz if the did then 75% would be down on their asses crying.

By Chris R.

Rated people do background checks on their members [including a credit check which they don't tell their members] but they do no checks on the people posting the jobs

By dan a.

I know right!

By Rated P., RatedPeople Representative

Rated people are in business with Experian and Experian are passing peoples credit reports on to rated people , and if your credit history isn't very good then rated people kick you off their site , illegal if you ask me , they need investigating and prosecuting

By dan a.

Questions? Get answers from the RatedPeople staff and other customers.

2 Photos for RatedPeople