Review of Quicken

Tel: +1 800-624-1377
copyright@intuit.com

terrie36
7/22/18

In the last year, Quicken has duplicated the transactions in my accounts, required me to pretend my checking accounts were closed, and set up NEW accounts for those checking accounts. They show my credit card balance as a CREDIT balance of over $5,000 when I know I owe at least $2,000. It would take me years to clean up this mess. Nineteen years worth of financial transactions are now worthless.

johnb1098
4/13/18

I have used and recommended Quicken for 20+ years; recently updated to the current version (last one I liked was 2007, which still works fine for my purposes). Subsequent ones have continued to become more complex, adding features that for which I have no use, but they are there and won't go away! I have WASTED hours trying to get comfortable with the new version, and realize now that I WASTED my money spent to upgrade. Never again!

paulc364
3/27/18

Quicken user for 25 years. Last five have been terrible. Since Quicken was acquired it has slowly degraded to a useless product with useless support. Now they force you to upgrade for online banking, new software riddled with issues, will not install correctly, chat/phone support terrible, going with other options, done with Quicken, do not buy!

mauricem23
3/5/18

When you cant access a program it is time to quit. Will not use. Cant sign in to open the program. Totally useless.

jimh221
1/27/18

I have used quicken for years. They always want you to upgrade - I generally go along. The last 2 have had major issues. I have a bank with 5 accounts. I set them up. Some will download, some say "say the financial institution supports an improved connection method" and they don't. I have deactivated all, reactivated all (at the same time), and it will do it again. Why do some set up different when all at the same time. I have spent hours.
So, go to use customer service. Tried to call the other day - gave up after an hour. I tried online chat today. It says the wait time was about 8 minutes. I have been on now 2 hours. Set up same chat on another computer. By then, the wait time was 21 minutes. It has been 50 on it. I have finally found what they are good at. They are the one company that makes the US Mail look like good customer service.
I have issues with the program and lost hours trying to make it work. I cannot even let them know - as I don't think they want to know.
I gave them 1 star since zero was not available. How could a great software become a pitiful one. And, now, you have to buy by the year.

tedw30
11/4/17

I have used Quicken, first on a Mac and then on a PC since the early 1990s. For years I had no problems with it but recently it has completely screwed up!
First in a credit card account it started treating debits as credits and credits as debits, This made the balances totally false and the account impossible too reconcile, Now it has lost deposits from my bank account making the balance shown on the register totally wrong, resulting in overdrafts and bouncing cheques.

As has been noted by other users, there is absolutely no customer support. I have removed Quicken from my system and now searching for an accounting package that will work,

I WOULD NOT USE QUICKEN AGAIN AND RECOMMEND THAT POTENTIAL USERS FIND ANOTHER PRODUCT.

Tip for consumers: STAY AWAY

santac26
10/26/17

Quicken. Sells you the software, and then 2 years later it quits working because they want to you to buy a new version, bugs, glitches and all. So Quicken only rents their software. And if you don't pony up, you lose years of YOUR data. And forget about customer service. At Quicken, endless computer phone trees leave you desperate to talk to an actual person so you can stop wasting YOUR time and hopefully solve YOUR problem. But remember, at Quicken, YOUR problem is never their problem, so they couldn't care less.
Private equity: fund a startup to put these scammers out of business.

bg70
9/28/17

Quicken has the worst customer service in the entire USA. Try calling tech support. You can die of old age waiting for someone to answer. Quicken clearly doesnt respect its customers. Zero star review.

petem56
9/20/17

Cannot believe that an outfit as mature as the owners of Quicken cannot provide decent customer service. An hour's wait for telephone support and a 24 minute wait for "chat" support. And to add insult to injury, they offer a more "prompt" response to customer service questions upon payment of 42 bucks for an expedited "customer service" response.
Unbelievable that one has t pay to overcome the company's own inability to provide decent service. Shame on them!

rokhsanw
4/17/17

I bought the customer support for $49.99 thinking it would be the same fantastic help I had last year when I had to wait 20-45 minutes. Wrong! The tech support is based in the Philippines, not Texas or Georgia as it was last year. The tech support seems new and with no experience. I thought I deleted my transactions from last year, I know the support team I used last year could have located my old files. This new team advised me to download everything again from the bank. I called back the next day to ask if they were sure this was the only solution and they said yes. I wasted 3 days manually re-entering in all my checks. After a week, I found my "deleted" file. There's gotta be a better program out there. PLEASE ADVISE!!!

billt79
4/13/17

I have used Quicken since 1987. Microsoft tried to buy the program. US govt. would not allow. Was a great program. Now they have a monopoly and try to force users to buy the next years program and break the working program. Thy will get worse as losses mount. People will learn about the scam.

bobs279
1/29/17

I was having a few problems with Quicken and could not get through to Quicken so I Googled Quicken Tech Support and tried three "Quicken authorized" support companies. First two could not help me but "Boomerang" claimed they could "Fix Everything". BEWARE!! they are a SCAM company --they are not authorized by Quicken and they didn't fix anything --but they charged me $399.99 !! BEWARE !!

Tip for consumers: Boomerang is a SCAM! They are not authorized by Quicken.

scottn30
9/6/16

10 years ago Quicken was great. Then they saturated the market and became both lazy and greedy. The software is now worse with each release, losing both usability and accuracy. When year after year they fail to introduce fixes, let alone improvements, they then force users to upgrade by discontinuing the very functionality that made it worth buying in the first place, specifically updates from financial institutions. And if you have multiple accounts at an institution their current process will corrupt those accounts after multiple updates, requiring that the online feature be disabled for each individual account before being able to correct it.

michaels431
4/27/16

Quicken will help the Small Business Owner or Home Financials Book Keeper meet the needs of modern Finances and Tax Records - and turn a pile of paper records into a stream lined, easy to update and report financial records system ... keeping your bank account in the green and Uncle Sam getting the Proper Tax amount yearly - and only the required tax amount ... no more - no less.

faustj
4/4/16

Looks good

jamesm399
3/14/16

My wife and I have used Quicken for years. We've mostly had good experience with their products, though sometimes their customer service is less responsive than we'd like.

dand95
3/11/16

I've held off for years of upgrading Quicken, since the reviews have been so negative, but thought to give it a shot, well it was a total mess upgrading from version 2004 to 2016. Almost every account balance was either showing asterisks or a large dollar amount. The conversion did not work! I tried over 7 different times of installing/uninstalling & converting, and worked with Quicken support, but they could not resolve the issue.

Quicken developers should be a shames of themselves, and if there is a QA team, you sure wouldn't know it. Probably everything if off-shored, which is the American way of doing business. It's time for a new player!

I purchased the product from a local retailer, and Quicken says to try a return the product. If retailer will not accept the software return I need to mail it back to Quicken at my expense. Ugh!

abek6
1/14/16

Easy to learn and use.

donalds27
12/22/15

I.ve just spent 2 days trying to get the program to download my transactions. Finally have to delete all the connection information and re-enter it. It downloaded all my transactions since September, doubling them in my register. 2 weeks ago it download the transactions but did not upgrade the balance. This has been going on since I bought the last 2 versions. I download another patch from intuit, patch number 10 for the year. I've used quicken for 10 years, but these last 2 years it has been trash, something you would expect to get for free on the internet. The first of the year I will change my Financial software to something that works

gizers
11/30/15

I decided to buy their "backup" program to back up my accounting.

I filled out all the information on line, but for some reason couldn't get my computer to download the file.

It took many tries to finally locate a phone # on their website -- they obviously don't want to be bothered by actually talking to a customer.

When I called - I got their message saying I was # 60 in line! On line I saw their "support" page - when I went to it, there was a message saying I could talk live , but there was a 60 minute wait, or I could do the computer "chat" and it was only a 40 minute wait.

Really? And you call this "customer service"?????

I don't think so.

I'll call my credit card company tomorrow and cancel the purchase.

kaseemj
8/31/15

There technology is awesome they keep me up to date with all the latest aND greatest

gregorys42
7/5/15

Let's me do business calculations fast.

marcelag1
6/16/15

thought ths was supossed to be helpful

ronm52
6/8/15

I did a refi in 2014 and had an outstanding experience! They have a web/App interface that allows you to follow your loan approval from start to finish! Also, if there is a piece of info they need to proceed you will know immediately. I initially thought this would take the place of human intervention, but there was just enough follow-ups that this wasn't a problem! Highly recommended!

maxineb8
5/11/15

I have been using quicken for my rental income for about 10 years and love it. You just enter in the addresses for property, add the income and receipts and it automatically puts in where it belongs. At tax time you can print your reports and it's all done. I do like the older version better than new one because it makes you enter your bank info. I still use the older version.

Questions? Get answers from the Quicken staff and other customers.

Quicken?