Review of TaxSlayer

Tel: 706-922-6741
support@taxslayer.com

danielled94
4/27/18

This was quick and easy and also fast. Bought for my son as a birthday gift for his friend and his friends parents. I'm pretty sure we just made this boy one happy kid for Saturday night

whow1
3/25/18

I got tired of paying turbotax hundreds of dollars for self-preparing taxes. Taxslayer saves a lot of money and it is legitimate. I got refunds and filed taxes for years through this service.

judys139
2/6/18

I filed on feb 3rd 2018. I got a refund of 1200+ and chose the direct deposit option and paid the 25.00 fee to the bank that process the Refund Now loans. I heard nothing Monday so contacted customer service on Tuesday Feb 6, 2018. The e-mail option will answer in 72 hours which is long since I got the premium package service and should have priority service. I called the number which isn't toll free to be told "Your refund wasn't high enough to qualify for the Refund Now loan." So I wouldn't even get an advance of 500 on a 1200+ return? There were no messages telling me this, and I had no clue until I filed. So I could not even cancel the refund and go someplace that would give me an advance!!! They KNOW they are misleading with their advertising as they show young people who would likely be single filers with probably less of a return than myself. So maybe you have to have one of those 3600 returns? Probably a SCAM and rip off!!! Now I am hosed and have to wait until March to get my return.

shellyl28
3/9/17

Taxslayer is a horrible company to do business with. They have absulutely the worst customer service when it comes to downloading and printing tax return forms and signed contracts between them their 3rd parties and you. If you need anything on the way of other documents they refer you to the IRS. I downloaded the pdf form that had my tax return. It claimed it was 61 pages at the bottom of the page yet the pdf was only 16 pages long when i went to submit to my bank they said i had altered pdf. All taxslayer could say is go to irs site and request a copy of your tax forms from them to prove that it was 16 pages long. DO NOT NEED ANYTHING AFTER YOU FILE as they can't don't and won't help. Along with hidden fees they charge out of your refund then say you agreed to them. READ THE FINE PRINT FOR ADDITIONAL FEES

roberta136
1/15/15

I have never dealt with this company, however I am getting emails that my account has been been created and a link to activate it. A few hours later I get another email my tax return has been rejected. No my email is not hacked as the email was never read till half a day later so it could of never been verified for someone to file a tax return.

Its some scheme to get people to their site and give private information. No thanks, taxpayer.com is blocked.

Tip for consumers: Avoid like the plague. They have no customer service. All their money goes to high price tv commercials and advertising. Think about it, what is going to pay for all this Advertising? Free Tax returns?

chuckp2
12/31/11

Sounds to good to be true and it is.

Free or $9.95 turns out to be much more with every gimmick man can think of.

No live person phone line.

Too Bad they are using Dale Jr and Our Military in their Slick Ads.

Afraid this will suck in NASCAR Fans and Patriots to what I believe is basically a scam.

If you do use it be prepared cause it isn't simple like Turbo Tax and H & R Block

tamarak1
4/13/11

This site is terrible! Kept getting emailed notices that my 70-year-old mother's tax return was rejected by the IRS after following Taxslayer's instructions to the tee. No phone number to contact them, so I emailed customer support asking for a phone number so I could discuss what was apparently turning into quite a complicated issue (mind you, my mom is single and has one W2 to file, no deductions, so her return is as simple as one can get). Taxslayer actually emailed me back and told me I had to upgrade to a "Premier" account for $10 if I wanted to talk to someone on the phone! I emailed them back and told them that was a complete ripoff and thanks for nothing, and this morning I received another email from them stating that if I would email them my phone number, someone would call me. Wow. No thanks. If a company has no way to talk to a real person, and they won't divulge their number unless one coughs up money (something that was NOT stated up front when my mom and I began her return), then they can forget about my business. Stay away from this company!

Questions? Get answers from the TaxSlayer staff and other customers.

TaxSlayer?