Review of Porch.com

2200 First Ave S
Seattle, WA 98134, United States

paolom25
2/28/19

Just spent hundred of $$$ for nothing.
Inaccurate leads
They don't want to refund your money once you decide to cancel the subscription.
TOTAL SCAM !!!

georget288
1/7/19

If you're a construction Pro thinking about using Porch.com, please read on before making what could be a very costly commitment. I've been using Porch for roughly 3 years now. Before them I used Thumbtack for about 4 years and, have used Angie List, and HomeAdvisor and Networx, so I'm pretty well versed in using lead services. When I first enlisted with Porch, like Thumbtack years before, they were fairly new to the market and, offered all kinds of nice incentives to get contractors on board. But as of last year, their attitude towards contractors in their database has drastically changed, and it's obvious that they are no longer focusing on providing good service to it's contractors, but lining their pockets with green. See, Porch boasts that they have a great lead credit policy, which is total bull$#*!. When I first joined Porch, if I got a bad lead, all it took was a phone call to Porch to get credit. For non responsive leads, you only had to make two phone calls and send two texts before requesting credit. Then they added that the lead had to be open 72 hours before you could request a refund for non responsive customer (this change was implemented without me being informed, resulting in them robbing me of $100). Then they added the rule that you had to attempt 2 calls and 2 texts to the customer within the first 72 hours (wasn't notified, this time they robbed me of $50). For about 30 days (between November and December 2018) they changed the system to give automatic refunds to bad leads that met their criteria. That quickly changed to them promising to refund credits for bad leads within 48 hours. It's taking them upwards of 5 days to give credit for leads that for example, have a disconnected phone number attached. They've changed the system so that leads that have non responsive customers are supposed to be automatically credited after 7 days. This is total bull$#*! cause their rule now is, unless you are a vetted pro, if another contractor makes contact with the customer, you can't get a credit. Now they have a section in each purchased lead called "lead details" which is supposed to show if any contractor has made contact with a particular customer, which I always view. I had a case where I requested a refund and was told that the homeowner had connected with another Pro. But, "lead details" showed that I was the only contractor to reach out. When I questioned this ( when I could still get phone assistance) the agent told me that tracking system they used in house was different than the one provided in "lead details", and that the customer had hired another Porch contractor. That was another $50 they robbed me of. Today I'm in my 10th day of a non responsive lead which has not been credited by their automatic system, so that's bull$#*!. Now they have some new crap called "Vetted Pro". It's a system that requires you to give them $275 for a background check. This also gives you access to there phone techs whenever there is a problem with a lead. I can't even call in anymore because my calls are routed to an agent who never answers when I call, and who can't do anything for me about lead credits. If you are not a "Vetted Pro", you're treated like a tire kicker. I could overcome much of the bull$#*! I get with Porch through the leads I purchase, except, 95% of the leads I purchased last quarter were NO GOOD PERIOD! People are not requesting the service, yet their names and information show up as supposedly valid lead. I confirmed that when I bought a lead for a bath remodel that ended up being a sub contractor that I use for my bath remodels. Of all the lead generation companies I've dealt with since 2006, I have purchased more invalid leads through Porch, than all of the other companies combined, and in less time. Sure I question this whenever I can get a live person (I use different phones whenever I need to get through since my phone number is obviously restricted), but I get as many different answers as bad leads. I argue that it's not cool to tie up contractor's money, money that they could use towards valid leads. Their response, "Most of I contractors keep enough money in their budget where they're not waiting on credits to buy new leads". Makes sense, except, who wants to invest $200 or more every month on invalid leads, that end up tying their money up unnecessarily. So in conclusion, I'm not telling anyone not to use Porch. The truth is, on the rare occasion that I purchase a valid lead, if I can get an appointment with the customer, my closing rate is in the 90 percentile. The money I make from valid leads generally makes up for the money Porch robs me of so, for me it's a calculated risk. This is not the case for everybody, and you could end up losing a lot of money dealing with Porch. I suggest you not put all of your peas in one pot, and put the least amount into Porch.

kennethh202
11/6/18

I am a professional and receive 4-5 Porch leads a day and 95% of them are junk with little if any description and a complete waste of time. I called them to have them stop the email leads and after calling them twice I still get their leads. The leads cost up to $50 per lead and most of the leads are consumers that are want something yesterday because they failed to pull a permit or consumers that still believe there are desperate professionals out there that wouldn't eat their next meal unless they underbid their project. I have actually paid for a lead and met with the person and he did not own the land that he wanted to build on but was thinking of maybe someday' purchasing the land and wanted to dream' of what could be placed on the property - keep dreaming pal and stop wasting other peoples time! Oh - and try to get your money back because Porch failed to properly vet their customers - good luck with that!

maryw515
6/6/18

Wonderful electrical service by Chris from Anchor Electric. Chris was there when he said he would be. He was friendly and professional and checked each item off my "to do" list. I will definitely be calling on Anchor again!

pennyh57
6/5/18

Was not selected to do the job. Did provide an estimate. Was higher then 2 others. did communicate with text and email.

steveno50
6/5/18

Fantastic service by the Porch Mowing Service. Showed up exactly on time, and didnt waste any time taking care of the front and back yard. Id recommend them to anyone!!

andyl128
6/5/18

I would never deal with you again you were rude uncaring . How the does someone in the horse $#*! state of Fla. know about plants in Ohio. Screw you

jat3
6/1/18

This guy is very rude and a rip off artist. He charged me $700 for changing a fan capacitor in my A/C and replaced the wire ends that hooked to it, he charged me for a bunch of stuff he didn't do, and I had to have another company come out and rework his work where he used the wrong wire connectors and the A/C only worked two days before the wire connectors he used fell off. Then he had 100 excuses why he doesn't guarantee his work. Don't trust anything this guy says . He should not be allowed to touch anything on an A/C. He could have burnt down my house. He is just looking to gouge who ever he does work for, BEWARE!!!!!.

Questions? Get answers from the Porch.com staff and other customers.

Porch.com?