Review of PetMountain

Tel: 1-888-373-8686
support@petmountain.com

torid12
3/13/19

We love shopping at PetMountain for our African Gray Willow and McCaw Bella. They have the best prices on Zupreem bird food and we always get free shipping and no sales tax. Thank you for 15 plus years of great service.

pauls1104
2/4/19

We had a hard time finding Hikari wheat-germ for the winter in our town. Went online and could not find it on Amazon so we searched online and found it was cheaper so we ordered a bag. It shipped the same day and arrived in 2 days. I was so happy I placed several orders since with no problems. Highly recommend you try PetMountain out!

junek41
8/22/18

We ordered $80 worth of dog treats and an aquarium filter and everything arrived sooner than expected. Petmountain had the best prices and we didn't have to pay tax like all this big box websites out there. We will definitely be back for more dog chews and fish food.

marilyns124
8/12/18

I purchased $70 of parrot toys. I received them opened box the smell was horrible, I put whole thing outside knowing I was returning them. It cost me $53 to return in either 30 or 60 days depending on which page you read it's either 30 or 60? I sent in for a return they said I could use whatever delivery I wanted (I have that in writing). I had to replace flimsy box and packaging. After months of trying to get my shipping costs refunded because of defective products they say because I didn't call them first they will not refund. It has taken months because they don't return calls or texts! I even gave them the opportunity to give me credit for dog items, NO they don't do that! HORRIBLE customer service, never again!

carolyns99
11/30/17

I'm very satisfied with the products. Exceeded my expectation. Would let me colleague know about this company. 3 words - I love it!

rajua4
11/8/17

I've bought from Lush countless times, and I have never been disappointed in a single product! I love their bubble bars and bath bombs, but the massage bars they offer are also awesome and the scent lingers all day. I always try different bath lines and keep coming back to lush over and over.

darlenel24
10/20/17

I have purchased from this company in the past, but not too much, because their prices are not always the lowest. But on their sales, sometimes they have a great price that cannot be beat.

aprily4
10/29/16

I have several animals so i am always looking for easier ways to get supplies. This is a great option, they have bundle deals to help save money (you really have to watch, some products are less expensive and some more). The shipping is always super fast and the hay quality was exceptional.

krisa25
3/16/16

This Co is the only one I Would do business with tried Pet Co online once WHAT A JOKE Orded a parrot stand that said it was in stock after a week when I tried to check in the status it was still processing but was all ready taken out of my checking account. It took me 4 days to get in touch with Pet Co.! When I did they told me it had to be manufactured REALLY! so I asked for a refund it took 2 weeks after 8 calls for them to refund my money. DO NOT ORDER FROM PET CO. PET MOUNTAIN IS MORE RELIABLE AND HONEST.... KrisAnn

lyndav5
11/12/15

Ordered what I thought was a good deal on Tetra koi food from Pet Mountain. My koi will not touch the food. Every pellet was still floating on my pond the next morning. Thought my fish were sick so I took the food to my big pond - perch & catfish. The catfish will not eat the stuff. Tried to get Pet Mt to come pick up the food and refund. They want me to take the food to FedX. Since it is Pet Mts fault they should come get the food. They tried to tell me something was wrong with my fish they just dont like Tetra. My husband built our first pond in 1985 and for most of the years since we have used many Tetra products. Never had a problem. How can I make these crooks come out and replace the food? My fish need the food. Am feeding cheap catfish food to them now-dirties the water.

vj18
8/8/15

I found myself blocked from their Fb page after I decided to check them out to make a purchase. Comment once on their page about stealing other people's work that they claimed to be their own and they block you apparently. Will not be purchasing from them after reading all the comments left here. That's a shame.

bv17
7/9/15

I cant believe all the bad reviews so I am leaving this here. I order reptile supplies from them in bulk and they are amazing. I only had one problem, a cracked kritter keeper. They sent me a new one and even upgraded me to two day shipping. i contacted customer service through email and got a kind, professional reply within two days. They offer great prices, and even greater discounts! I will keep on shopping with them. Some shipments do arrive late, but thats the carriers fault. Im not going to take that out on them.

Tip for consumers: See for yourself!! theyre better than theyre made out to be on here!

erickl8
3/31/15

I ordered a pond filter that was shipped. Exterior shipping box was not damaged, interior box was. Parts inside missing and broken. I call them, and I got the last one (Junk parts, in a damaged box, returned, used, whatever). No substitution for anything else. I spent 6 hours cleaning my pond and need filtration NOW! Stupid me to assume a box I received with a NEW product inside would actually be NEW, and ready to use.

Don't be a fool like me--- just buy somewhere else. These guys suck.

marcassc
2/2/15

Worst customer service ever, phone is out of service, yet they act as if you can call them.

tamaras7
10/13/14

Wow. I'm totally appalled at the terrible customer service at petmountain! I'm sure you all noticed the price increase at petstore.com so I tried petmountain. I paid for faster shipping on two orders and both were delivered late. Not only did they not refund my shipping but I was flat out called a liar! Petstore.com would NEVER do this. Petstore.com has always bent over backwards to right even the smallest error!

cp45
5/1/14

Horrendous customer service experience! I purchased a Co2 system through petmountain.com and the unit I received was defective. I contacted them to inquire about how I can go about getting a replacement/refund and they essentially refused to hear/help me out. Instead they insisted on me contacting the manufacturer of the product to try and troubleshoot with them. I refused because I didn't want to waste my time on the phone trying to trouble shoot on a product that I knew was defective...I figured they should be the ones to do that, not me. Especially since I had just purchased the product like 10 days ago and was well within their 60-day guarantee. They finally budged and sent me a prepaid return shipping label.....ONLY AFTER I FILED A CLAIM/CHARGE BACK WITH MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY. What a hassle!!! I will never do business with this company again. Stick with no hassle companies such as Drsfostersmith.com and Petsolutions.com. Even my experiences with Petco.com and Petsmart.com were far superior to my experience (In all aspects. i.e. costs, shipping time, customer service, etc) with Petmountain.com. Avoid at all costs!

fawnf
12/3/13

I needed a locking door for the dog house I'm building, and decided to use a replacement crate door. They were one of the very few places to even sell them, and the price was great. I wasn't too thrilled with the shipping prices, but I went with the cheapest option, thinking it would take forever to get here. I was pleasantly surprised later that day to receive an email indicating they had already shipped it, and it came within a few days! Very happy with the speed of shipping.

alexr19
6/28/13

I have been shopping online over the weekend for a few different items and found PetMountain.com. I was able to find all the items I needed for my dog and reptiles at affordable prices. I added a few more dog treats to the order to get the Free Shipping at $75. I just received my order and the items are in perfect condition and I got my package before I expected it! 2 Thumbs WAY up!

jeanl6
10/20/12

I typed in cat scratchers made in usa and the Kong brand was among the choices listed. When I received them on the back it stated "Manufactured in China." Disappointing! Also, the only reason they were delivered was because I asked the Fedex delivery person if they had my package,which he did BUT he was about to return it because it has my name but no street address! Won't use them again.

levim1
5/8/12

I will NOT be using Pet Mountain again! Horrible shipping experience. They say "shipping on orders before noon" FALSE-waited over 24 hours before they even requested a tracking # from Fed Ex. Another package was sent to LA when both of us are in San Diego and should only take 1 day. It's going on 4 days! oh yeah, don't even bother trying to get a hold of someone through customer service. ha!

taram1
10/21/09

I placed an order for aquarium supplies. I needed everything but the aquarium. I saved so much money here it is hard to believe! I also received free shipping since I spent a lot. I have received my order and am very happy with it. This was my first time using this site and I have had a great experience. I would recommend it!

Questions? Get answers from the PetMountain staff and other customers.

4 Photos for PetMountain