Parts Avatar

Parts Avatar has a consumer rating of 2.17 stars from 82 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Parts Avatar most frequently mention customer service, tracking number and online chat problems. Parts Avatar ranks 230th among Auto Parts sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 14.5%

No positive highlights yet

• On May 4th I contacted customer service and I was told multiple contradicting things.
  • They ship threw canada post which is one of the slowest sources avaialable and they struggle to provide tracking info.
How would you rate Parts Avatar?

“Great”

Peter P.
5/14/20

I ordered some parts for my 2007 honda, pilot delivered fast plus parts were well packaged and great quality very impressed thanks guys

“Worst online experience ever”

Jamie F.
10/24/20

DO NOT SHOP HERE! This is the worst online shopping experience I've had. Their part arrived broken and took three weeks to get two hours down the road. Spend your money elsewhere!

customer service (16) canada post (7)
jamief172
October 24th, 2020
ryanp433
August 19th, 2020
Despite filling out the correct vehicle and model info, the brake rotors provided did not fit. After about 10 e-mails on the subject they finally agreed to send me a shipping label and grant the refund. Returned the package in June, still no refund in late August. I've been e-mailing them weekly for an update and they've finally stopped responding altogether. I've legit been scammed by this company. Figured I'd buy local and support a Canadian company but I got burned on this one. Avoid at all costs.
gdnn
April 21st, 2020
Do not get sucked into this company's BS. Read the legit reviews, not the 1 review fake accounts all with 5 stars.
I've been ripped off over $500 CDN and Paypal is defending them even with 7 pages of documentation. They provided none. Parts canceled by them, never shipped, never refunded. Parts returned, never refunded.
Warning, you've been warned, stay away. Bad bad business.
dona331
April 17th, 2020
Purchase the part for the parking brake the part is called park Brake equalizer tested it on the third time it broke contacted them return policy I was told return on my own dime which exceeds the price of the part. It is with regret that I will no longer be ordering parts from this company. The order was weeks not days as they assured me it would be.
THIS COMPANY SUCKS.
tp614
August 24th, 2020
The website brings up parts unintended for your make/model, and you must pay for return shipping when you receive the parts that don't fit. But they blame it on you for not checking part numbers for your car. Also, they charge you a 15% restocking fee on top of that. The small amount I did get returned to me took over a month. First and last time ordering from this company. Thumbs down.
josephb1090
August 23rd, 2020
I tried too return parts (front control arms)that did not fit my 2005 jeep grand Cherokee 4.7L v8 SUV. I had too scramble too part source and pay more because mechanic had truck on the hoist and avatar parts didn't fit.Not a big deal, however when l tried to return them for a refund they screwed me with a restocking charge and $22 for Canada post... Great customer service $#*!s
davidw3169
November 24th, 2020
Verified purchase
monicas394
Monica S. – Parts Avatar Rep
Hi David,

We are glad to know your experience in doing business with us. Thank you for your feedback!
luish112
September 15th, 2020
Even though the part catalogue is very wide its customer service sucks. I had the incorrect part shipped out - which I returned immediately - and it took over a month for their finance department to refund me. This incurred of course on interesr in my credit card - which I had to deal with since neither customer service nor finance cared about. I had to insisit several times to avoid being ripped off, they didnt want to refund me. If you have the chance to buy on this store.
sethx3
November 24th, 2020
Verified purchase
Reason I chose this business: Carries most of the parts I need
monicas394
Monica S. – Parts Avatar Rep
Hi Seth,

Thanks a ton for sharing your experience with us. We have Ground Shipping free for orders over CAD$ 99.We hope to serve you in future too.
lawrenceg222
May 20th, 2020
I ordered brake rotors. Then nothing happened. I chased this up a few days later, they said all is fine the order is being processed. 5 days later still nothing, Chased them again and informed item had been posted. 7days later item was actually shipped. So I was flat out lied to on two occasions. They Can't be trusted. Parts are cheap, most are junk. Pay more and go somewhere local. I went to ford in the end, I'd rather pay more than be lied to. Also on a previous order the transmission gasket leaked on day one. Replaced gasket from Ford, no leak now. Had to buy the transmission fluid twice and do the job twice. Trying for refund. No luck yet.
johns6139
April 22nd, 2020
Ok first off I purchased cv axles off Parts Avatar there site sucks. So I went and purchased both cv axles the site never said out of stock get to that later. Anyways I kept waiting and waiting gave an extra week thinking covid-19 that wasnt the case I was getting my packages from usa faster than Canada and the sites is in Canada Pathetic. They dont care about consumers.

Tip for consumers: LEAVE THIS WEBSITE IMMEDIATELY! !!!

bretth161
October 9th, 2020
I don't know how this outfit is still in business. Bought struts from them. Ordered all four for my car. The front two were fine. The rear ones were to be identical struts. The numbers ordered were the same. When I received them they were totally different. I got ahold of parts avatar on there chat line through their website. I sent them pictures showing all the differences. The one that was totally different from the ones I removed from the car and the proper one they sent, I was told to have my mechanic make it work!
Real classy outfit!
kentb387
August 19th, 2020
They give an address that Canpar can't find. So I got stuck for shipping cost, return to sender fee and a part that still doesn't fit my vehicle. You can't talk to a human being. All you get is emails about their return policy. Do yourself a favor... SHOP ELSEWHERE!
shannons680
September 1st, 2020
We ordered parts for our truck but got the wrong parts. When trying to get a return label, we were denied. The online help first said that it is not their fault, then through email I got the same response. Terrible company, awful customer service and difficult return policy.
tonyg298
May 12th, 2020
Worst experience buying parts. Website lacks information, lead time not accurate, company lacks communication with customer. Pay a little extra someahere else, you will be glad you did.
derwyns
August 11th, 2020
Spoke with Peter and Ted, Ordered a part on Friday and cancelled it on Saturday, less than 24hrs.
They shipped it on Monday, I spoke with Amex and forward them the live chat. I even asked Peter for the head office phone #, His reply that the phones are not working to covid-19. Amex will now deal with this company to get my money back. I asked Peter if the executives had to communicate by email or live chat. Sounds like that covid-19 has now infected the phone lines at PartsAvatar.
tomm1143
July 17th, 2020
Order July 8th, all items in stock according to the website, echat on numerous occaisions, canned answer, order is being processed, cant provide ship date. July 17th told them to cancel, and response was your order has been
Processed you cant cancel. I cringe when I read the other reviews about incorrect parts, partial orders,
maryellenb30
September 24th, 2020
Don't ever order from this company! Took them 2 months to send my parts, when they arrived they were in horrible shape. I requested a return with full refund, followed all of their instructions and still only got a partial refund. Even though I returned all parts to them. Brutal company!
blairs93
September 15th, 2020
Placed an order, waited two weeks then received an email stating they required an additional $75 to ship my order that was already supposed to be "free shipping"! Was all light products and was only a $145 order. Ridiculous!
Tried to resolve but they had no answer or solution. Paypal trying to get my money back now.
randyk150
May 8th, 2020
I placed an order on may 2 for parts, i paid them $195.00 this is may 8 and I still don't have any tracking info. I asked for a refund they said no because the order was processed. They keep saying it will ship soon but won't give me a shipping date, how can they get away with doing this to customers?
jimn215
May 25th, 2020
Do not deal with these crooks.
They sent incomplete parts and refuse to refund the money.
Avoid the at all cost, there are plenty of reputable parts suppliers online.
mikeh1281
May 8th, 2020
Sent half my order and 3 weeks later and 37 emails no response other than we are looking into it the live chat is a complete waste of time
mrk108
September 16th, 2020
This is a pathetic company. Salary not in time. If company net is finished than u have to do the work connecting with ur own mobile. That's bull$#*!. No company do this. No insentives. After 1 or 2 years u will be fired from the company. The owner of the company in India doesn't know how to run the company.He has made office a fish market. In India in pathankot they have a room in which work is done. So guys take a look before going for interview.
tedn41
July 10th, 2020
In my experience, shipping occurs in 4 to 24 days, not hours as advertised. Online chat with this company is worthless.
rolandd33
April 6th, 2020
Parts Avatar has been a negative and frustrating experience specifically with the Brampton location. Customer service sucks, can never speak to anyone on the phone and 'Live Chat' is even more frustrating. In hindsight the throttle body I ordered arrived a week late which in itself was not a big issue. The part was exactly as I ordered (reason they get 1 star). There was a core charge which is supposed to be refunded when returned. I sent the core in but never received my refund. I share the same sentiments as many others, 'I should have read the reviews before dealing with this company'.

Its a legit company, you can visit their locations in person and talk to staff

By Carlos G.