Opodo

Opodo has a consumer rating of 1.09 stars from 334 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Opodo also ranks 157th among Car Rental sites. The most common issues with Opodo are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 2.4%

No positive highlights yet

• The so called customer service staff then give you the run around absolutely heartless and dishonest.
  • Our flight to Brisbane was booked via Opodo some months ago.
How would you rate Opodo?

“Quick refund within free-cancellation period”

Tom B.
1/10/20

I cancelled my booking within the 7-hour free-cancellation period that my flight had when I realized I need a different flight plan. Opodo refunded my money to the penny within 3 working days (only downside is that since my account is not in GBP I got screwed on the exchange rate, but that's my bank screwing me, not Opodo). One weird thing is that I still keep getting emails as if my booking was still confirmed and even when I log in to Opodo's site to manage my booking it still appears to be confirmed, only thing indicating a refund is that in the "Billing" section, the mentioned total is "Total: £0.00 Congrats! That's an amazing deal". Aside from this confusion, really good service.

“Pay more to get less”

Maurizio S.
3/1/20

If you want to get less than what you pay for book Opodo! Their customer service is not worth a nickle. When you call their number nobody picks up the phone. When you try to handle it via their internet site - they tell you to call a number and so it goes in circles. I cannot recommend this platform to anyone. Should you however choose to use them anyways make sure to carefully read their conditions first. You are in for more bad surprises if you don't.

customer service (92) flight (227) refund (126) 24 hours (23) credit card (28) confirmation email (15) booking (114) airline (89) money (110) email address (10) 2 hours (18) flights (85)
maurizios6
March 1st, 2020
If you want to get less than what you pay for book Opodo!
argoa
March 6th, 2020
They are only good until they take your money. After that, god help if you have an issue. In my case the airline company made a change on the schedule, and speaking to customer service of Opodo was almost impossible, despite waiting over half an hour on queue.
The automated system goes to a loop, thee line cuts while you wait. Even after waiting 45 minutes, there is no guarantee that you will ever be helped.
Don't waste your time with them, especially if you value your hard earned money.
mradullap
September 17th, 2020
I have in writing I will be given full refund. Waited months was finally given partial refund. I have it in writing from Mr Goel. He agreed to give my full refund. That's the only reason I cancelled. I am getting no answer as to the failings of this company. It looks like these frauds their lack of professionalism, lies, rudeness and hesitancy to give back monies owed have come to UK from India to harm the British public. They should be closed down immediately.
danielm1478
February 13th, 2020
The policy wording has vanished off the internet.

I have a photo showing it covers the flight and hotel (see below).

Despite them agreeing to refund me after I showed them this photo the money has still not been transferred after 6 weeks. My flight was scheduled for Saturday and worryingly I am still receiving emails from the airline and hotel...

DO NOT USE OPODO..
ronaldp203
January 31st, 2020
Never use this company I am 75 years old and by online trickery they charged me almost double the cost of booking direct with the airline for a domestic flight same day. The so called customer service staff then give you the run around absolutely heartless and dishonest. They are a disgrace.
tomaszl7
March 9th, 2020
I both a ticket from Kuala Lumpur to Phuket. Everything went perfect until I was trying to check it at the airport. They sold me ticket for different flight. No possibility to make a claim. Customer service pretending to do something. Business address virtual. Only sales is functioning. Online scam!
richardc1700
June 18th, 2020
Opodo have completely ignored my messages and when I have spoke several times to someone on the phone they have a complete lack of understanding the situation. I have tried to rebook my flight and when that has not worked I've requested a cancellation and refund... which they refuse to do! Also is the £326 that they took out of my account for no reason and now refuse to pay it back... what's with this company? A complete joke.
anon8
March 3rd, 2020
Dont book your ticket on opodo ever! Customer service is crap and unreliable! Waited an hour and a half to get through someone and once you got connected they pretended they couldnt hear you! Called 4 times with the same issue but no one was able to solve it! For Christ sake! Dont bother booking on here.
miken271
May 11th, 2020
British Airways cancelled my flights due to Coronavirus. That's understandable and no problems about that.

However, Opodo just cashed in British Airways' refund and they are not giving it to the end customer, that is me. Absolute shambolic scam of a company! This is NOT acceptable!

Now, I need to have the legal system look into this matter.
jamm10
August 8th, 2020
I will never ever use Opodo again. We purchased our family holiday package and paid an extra 10% amount to 'cancel for any reasons'. Opodo rescheduled our flight at the last minute to different dates. We tried to cancel. Opodo didn't let that happen either. Our full money got stuck. Zero communication. Very pathetic customer service. Opodo tried best to keep our money. But after 5 months of fight, we managed to receive our full amount back BUT only through filing a case via bank. Luckily we used credit card otherwise we would have lost all of our money.
jonthanj
January 13th, 2020
I seem to have spent what feels like half my life hanging on the phone and dealing with incompetent customer service representatives at Opodo. They contacted me in December to let me know that one of the flights I booked through them had been cancelled by the airline. Despite being on hold for about an hour since then on various calls to them, each time promised that they would sort the situation out and that someone would call me NOTHING has happened. This company is not fit for purpose. I will never use them again - they have redefined incompetence for me... just read all the other negative reviews on here and AVOID booking with them.
businesst
February 18th, 2020
The representative Sunny needed to be repeatedly told what to do. We booked and paid for 5 Business Class tickets all with seat preferences and the confirmation has come through with 5 economy seats and no seat preference. We paid over the phone due to the amount involved and representative confirmed the seat preference for additional fees per passenger with us over the phone yesterday and lied to us over the phone today and said we paid for economy with no seat preference, even though the amount taken is for 5 business class seats. Later had to admit his mistake. With it being so difficult to get through to an Indian Call centre with limited english and background noise you really don't want to be lied to If it was someone else they may have been pressurised into accepting this fraud. The government needs to look into regulating these rogue operators.
agritad
June 16th, 2020
I booked flight Manchester Izmir with return. Turkish Airline send email about canceled flights. Tried to sort out with same Turkish Airline but different airport London to Izmir. Apodo agents all the time telling me there isn't flights, Turkish Airline cancelled flights. I rung up to Turkish Airlines because I have account with them, they telling that there is flights and all l need to do is go trough Opodo agent. Opodo agent tells me there isn't flight! I got booked hospital there l not traveling as a tourist.
heatherm165
May 20th, 2017
Be aware of the service charge. Before you book the flight, click on "price breakdown". Otherwise it is easy to miss, unlike the credit card fee, which is shown in a box you have to click to proceed.
I was confused when i simultaneously received a flight confirmation and a flight denial due to a credit card issue. I called the help centre to make sure the flight was actually booked. The wait time on the phone drove me almost insane and made me incredibly rude to the service person. Which i feel bad about in hindsight.
When i had a question about the cost breakdown, i wrote via email. They surprisingly answered right away, although it took a few emails to get the information straight.
opodoi
Opodo I. – Opodo Rep
Hi Heather.

Thank you for your feedback. We do appreciate the importance of cost and work very hard to provide our customers with the best available price. However, prices do vary and fluctuate depending on the market due numerous reasons like currencies, airline offers and availability. In any event, thanks for booking with us and we hope you enjoyed your trip!

James - Customer Care
markt675
March 23rd, 2020
I can only agree with the other reviewers. Opodo took the money and have passed none to the hotel (Palazzio Stern Venice). The hotel have gone over and above to give me feedback and Opodo have done nothing. They're keeping money that is clearly not theirs and will probably pocket the booking fee. There is no way to cancel the hotel as the on line tool refuses and states you must call in. I know Ryannair normally get bad press, but they actually refunded their part almost immediately WELL DONE RYANNAIR

Booking *******129
jamesd1465
February 6th, 2020
AVOID. AVOID. AVOID. Please please don't book through Opodo. You might save a small amount of money but if anything goes wrong you will feel abandoned. Holding for hours and hours on the phone. Hours more once we got through to 'customer services' trying to get them to resolve a problem of their making... the day before we're due to travel. So stressful. Holiday of a lifetime already ruined by this appalling company. Gone 1am in the morning and still we wait for them to sort out their mess.
tahera4
July 29th, 2020
Absolute criminal.

Have been calling hours and hours and wasting my time to update my tickets, which they changed.

Very poor customer service. Keeps telling you lies and says will call back, never does.

Someone call me back to sort this mess out on *******1327

Still waiting.
jonm406
February 12th, 2020
I have been sent a message to contact OPODO about a change to flights I booked. I have now tried to call 6 times and on hold for a minimum of 20 minutes each time then they transfer me which end after another long wait in being cut off. Absolutely hopeless Indian call centre. Never again.
mm116
February 25th, 2015
Do not trust Opodo! I was purchasing a ticket to Spain through Opodo. Until the very last stage in the booking and payment process, the final price I was to be charged with was written but when I gave my credit card data and purchased the ticket, an extra ~25% was charged from my card! So I contacted Opodo and explained the situation and they said that this has happened a couple of times before and that they would investigate the case and get back to me. However, even though I called them 3 times after that, they never got back to me with an explanation nor did they reimburse me. I will never purchase a ticket through Opodo again and I suggest that you do the same as the customer service is horrible!

Tip for consumers: DO NOT TRUST OPODO

mehrnazr
May 11th, 2020
Opodo is just trying to attempt to deceive the people, even though Lufthansa put Note on their system to refund my ticket because of Corona situation,
The call center employee which located in Indi to Egypt, tried to deceive me more than 5 times, each time with different reasons, until now after 6 hours on the phone with 2 notes from Lufthansa they refuse to refund, Lufthansa colleague told me your right is they accept clients wish as refund or voucher but mostly they try to refuse a refund.
Opodo is an un-trustable company and no respect for the clients.
cakillab
March 23rd, 2020
Worst booking agent ive ever dealt with! After being on hold for three hours, the agent lied to me and got aggressive.
He advised to call virgin, knowing that they couldn't deal with my flight change. They ate very shady and when adding things like the free cancellation option to your booking, its only valid for a few days after booking- which means they just take your money with no refund, even though you paid to be able
To cancel.
The agents on the phone are rude and argumentative. The last man i spoke
To literally shouted at me after asking what their policy was just to get me off the phone.
I have the cancellation policy in writing which states i am eligible to change my
Flight however Opodo just lie their way through to get your money and care about nothing else.
matthewf506
September 11th, 2020
DO NOT BOOK WITH OPODO

It's a tragedy that I have to actually give Opodo 1 star by default.

5 Months I waited for a refund after multiple lines of attempted contact. They seemingly operate outside of the law.

Opodo will duck and dodge you and withhold your money. Then charge you £160 for a £600 refund without any forewarning or contact for consent.

Ironic that they're charging you an 'admin fee' when the customer service is non existent. Where does this money go I wonder.

DO NOT BOOK WITH OPODO
verae15
July 20th, 2020
I wanted to cancel my flight and get my money back and as suggested used an Opodo app. Nothing happened! Didn't get any feedback or progress report. No one answered the hotline, no matter what time I called. Will not use it again and do not recommend it
garyo140
September 11th, 2020
Took a whole year to get a refund for a cancelled flight. Tried to tell us that because only the inbound flight was cancelled they would not refund the outward bound flight although there was no way to get home. ( Go figure)
Absolutely shocking service pass you from pillar to post and try to confuse issues.
Opodo received fill refund from airline within two weeks but then took them a whole year to refund us.
Don't waste your money it is not worth it. Not sure how they are still trading or why large airlines deal with these people as surely it's damaging for them to be associated with this poor excuse of a business who scam and rip people off.
giannib23
February 29th, 2020
Please do yourself a favor and stay away from this booking site. The only way to contact them is to call their extremely expensive helpline with extremely long waiting times

Guys, it would only cost you about £40 to take them to small claims court. Dont just take the loss, these people need to be held to account. Id also contact Rip Off Britain to get a programme made about their tactics

By Heth E.
See more answers (8)

You can complain all you like but once they have your money they dont give a tinkers cuss. Best form of complaint is social media like this site and face book.

By Christopher F.

Hi Anastasia. Our apologies for the delay to respond. Yes you can give us a call from anywhere on +34 934 920 533 or you can provide us your booking reference and a short message via this link at the end of this message and we would be happy to look into the matter. https://tinyurl.com/ka77d8u James Customer Care

See more answers (2)

Hi Antony. Our apologies for the delay to respond. We are sorry to have read about your customer experience. Please provide us your booking reference and a short message via this link at the end of this message and we would be happy to look into your concerns. https://tinyurl.com/ka77d8u James Customer Care

See more answers (2)

Hi Darrel, Thank you for your question. If you already have an existing booking, please send us your query via the following link: https://socialcare.opodo.com/en/support/login One of our agents will look into your reservation and advise you accordingly. Kind Regards, Amy - Customer Care

By Opodo I.,

Hello Saleh, Can you please send us your booking reference using the link below so we can look into this further for you: https://tinyurl.com/ka77d8u Best regards, Christos - Customer care.

By Opodo I.,

Hello Glenda, Can you please send us your booking reference using the link below so we can look into this further for you: https://tinyurl.com/ka77d8u Best regards, Christos - Customer care.

By Opodo I.,

Hello Sue, Can you please send us your booking reference using the link below so we can assist further: https://tinyurl.com/ka77d8u Best regards, Christos - Customer care.

By Opodo I.,

Hello Andrea, Can you please send us your booking reference using the link below so we can look into this further for you: https://tinyurl.com/ka77d8u Best regards, Christos - Customer care.

By Opodo I.,

Hello Kayleigh, We can see that your query was already answered through the call centre. If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us. Best regards, Christos - Customer care.

By Opodo I.,

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Opodo staff and other customers.

Search and compare cheap holidays on Opodo UK, featuring great deals on flights, hotels and car hire in all your favourite destinations worldwide. Book now!

opodoi
Opodo I.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Opodo?

Have a question about Opodo?