Opodo

Opodo has a consumer rating of 1.12 stars from 362 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Opodo most frequently mention customer service, credit card and return flight problems. Opodo ranks 165th among Car Rental sites.

No positive highlights yet

• Ironic that they're charging you an 'admin fee' when the customer service is non existent.
  • Only got an email saying booking cancelled AFTER my return flight was scheduled.
How would you rate Opodo?

“Quick refund within free-cancellation period”

Tom B.
1/10/20

I cancelled my booking within the 7-hour free-cancellation period that my flight had when I realized I need a different flight plan. Opodo refunded my money to the penny within 3 working days (only downside is that since my account is not in GBP I got screwed on the exchange rate, but that's my bank screwing me, not Opodo). One weird thing is that I still keep getting emails as if my booking was still confirmed and even when I log in to Opodo's site to manage my booking it still appears to be confirmed, only thing indicating a refund is that in the "Billing" section, the mentioned total is "Total: £0.00 Congrats! That's an amazing deal". Aside from this confusion, really good service.

“Thieves. Fraud. Illegitimate.”

Cillian F.
3/4/21

Thieves. Fraudsters. Illegitimate company. Took my money. Refusing to provide the refund. I booked my flight over a year and two months ago and been requesting a refund for 10 months. The airline told me they had sent the refund to Opodo and Opodo keep saying the same thing "request you to wait we've contacted the airline". I have been onto them every week. They have no intention of giving a refund ever. Awful experience.

customer service (94) return flight (0) credit card (28) email address (11)
cillianf6
March 4th, 2021
Verified purchase

Thieves. Fraudsters. Illegitimate company.

Awful experience.

Don't use them.

hp84
May 31st, 2021

NEVER NEVER book with opodo. The biggest scammers out there. I have been trying to get my refund since December 2020. The airline also confirmed to both me and opodo that the money was refunded via charge back as early as September 2020. After a lot of chats, emails they just keep pushing and don't pay back. You will be sent from pillar to post. Also not available by phone. They don't solve anything. Outrageous company.

Tip for consumers:
Dont ever book with these scammers

Flight

tomb852
January 10th, 2020

Aside from this confusion, really good service.

maurizios6
March 1st, 2020

If you want to get less than what you pay for book Opodo!
Their customer service is not worth a nickle. When you call their number nobody picks up the phone. When you try to handle it via their internet site - they tell you to call a number and so it goes in circles.
I cannot recommend this platform to anyone. Should you however choose to use them anyways make sure to carefully read their conditions first. You are in for more bad surprises if you don't.

opodol
November 18th, 2020

Part of my flight was cancelled made my own way to LHR. Was told ticket needed reissuing by Opodo who then told me after 30 mins on the phone airline changed flight so they have to reissue. No one could tell me why it was being reissued and both companys (Qatar/Opodo) wanted to charge me again for a ticket I had aready paid for? Ended paying but by this time missed flight. NEVER AGAIN still trying to find out who, if anyone has my money.

argoa
March 6th, 2020

They are only good until they take your money. After that, god help if you have an issue. In my case the airline company made a change on the schedule, and speaking to customer service of Opodo was almost impossible, despite waiting over half an hour on queue.
The automated system goes to a loop, thee line cuts while you wait. Even after waiting 45 minutes, there is no guarantee that you will ever be helped.
Don't waste your time with them, especially if you value your hard earned money.

jenniferg1428
March 24th, 2021

I made 2x one letter spelling mistakes on a booking for 7 people flying Manchester to Miami. Opodo will not help and the airlines BA Virgin can't because booked through agent. Not due to travel until December but very worried, been trying for 5 weeks to find out how to solve this. Understand there will be a fee, happy to pay it, but have no way to do it.

Never ever use Opodo

Travel agent

mradullap
September 17th, 2020

I have in writing I will be given full refund. Waited months was finally given partial refund. I have it in writing from Mr Goel. He agreed to give my full refund. That's the only reason I cancelled. I am getting no answer as to the failings of this company. It looks like these frauds their lack of professionalism, lies, rudeness and hesitancy to give back monies owed have come to UK from India to harm the British public. They should be closed down immediately.

danielm1478
February 13th, 2020

The policy wording has vanished off the internet.

I have a photo showing it covers the flight and hotel (see below).

Despite them agreeing to refund me after I showed them this photo the money has still not been transferred after 6 weeks. My flight was scheduled for Saturday and worryingly I am still receiving emails from the airline and hotel...

DO NOT USE OPODO..

stuartl202
October 16th, 2020

I've been waiting 175 days for a refund and I'm still waiting. Contacting customer services is a nightmare, they can't/won't do anything to assist further and I've been lied to numerous times in regards to my refund status.
I would recommend that you never use Opodo and book direct with the airline, because if something goes wrong they're a nightmare to deal with and you're left stuck in the middle

ronaldp203
January 31st, 2020

Never use this company I am 75 years old and by online trickery they charged me almost double the cost of booking direct with the airline for a domestic flight same day. The so called customer service staff then give you the run around absolutely heartless and dishonest. They are a disgrace.

tikat2
May 29th, 2021

This people booked my flight in a day where there's no flight. They're forcing me to fly on different date and airport. Now they want me to fly from another airport 200km away by adding $50. Ask for refund and they said they'll refund in 120 days. This people ruined my whole trip and vacation. Fraud guys...

Tip for consumers:
Opodo will offer u cheap flight and it’s because they book you on the day where there’s no flight and ask you to pay more money to rebook or manage ur flight . OPODO IS SCAM

Products used:
Flight booking. But they booked my flight on a day where there’s no flight and now telling me to fly from different airport or forget about my money.

tomaszl7
March 9th, 2020

I both a ticket from Kuala Lumpur to Phuket. Everything went perfect until I was trying to check it at the airport. They sold me ticket for different flight. No possibility to make a claim. Customer service pretending to do something. Business address virtual. Only sales is functioning. Online scam!

richardc1700
June 18th, 2020

Opodo have completely ignored my messages and when I have spoke several times to someone on the phone they have a complete lack of understanding the situation. I have tried to rebook my flight and when that has not worked I've requested a cancellation and refund... which they refuse to do! Also is the £326 that they took out of my account for no reason and now refuse to pay it back... what's with this company? A complete joke.

krisstofferd
May 30th, 2021

This is the very worst company to deal with. No refunds provided and no terms and conditions provided prior to purchase. They do not provide the customer with the information they need to make a booking. They took payment from a debit card, happily, and then sent an email (post-purchase) to inform me a credit card with £2500+ limit was necessary to complete the booking. No refund possible for the debit card purchase and no way of knowing this in advance.

Do not use.

Van rental, unusable.

anon8
March 3rd, 2020

Dont book your ticket on opodo ever! Customer service is crap and unreliable! Waited an hour and a half to get through someone and once you got connected they pretended they couldnt hear you! Called 4 times with the same issue but no one was able to solve it! For Christ sake! Dont bother booking on here.

miken271
May 11th, 2020

British Airways cancelled my flights due to Coronavirus. That's understandable and no problems about that.

However, Opodo just cashed in British Airways' refund and they are not giving it to the end customer, that is me. Absolute shambolic scam of a company! This is NOT acceptable!

Now, I need to have the legal system look into this matter.

floraa10
December 11th, 2019

I booked my flight then they messed my return dates. Changing dates they told me will cost at least £600. If Cancel then I lose a percent. I chose to cancel and they would refund my moneybin 10days they never. I called them. In 11th day they said in 3days. They Never refunded me. Then I call again. No refund. Until today it has been almost a month
OPODO A HUGE SCAM! SCAM SCAM SCAM... DO NOT USE IT!

jamm10
August 8th, 2020

I will never ever use Opodo again. We purchased our family holiday package and paid an extra 10% amount to 'cancel for any reasons'. Opodo rescheduled our flight at the last minute to different dates. We tried to cancel. Opodo didn't let that happen either. Our full money got stuck. Zero communication. Very pathetic customer service. Opodo tried best to keep our money. But after 5 months of fight, we managed to receive our full amount back BUT only through filing a case via bank. Luckily we used credit card otherwise we would have lost all of our money.

jonthanj
January 13th, 2020

I seem to have spent what feels like half my life hanging on the phone and dealing with incompetent customer service representatives at Opodo. They contacted me in December to let me know that one of the flights I booked through them had been cancelled by the airline. Despite being on hold for about an hour since then on various calls to them, each time promised that they would sort the situation out and that someone would call me NOTHING has happened. This company is not fit for purpose. I will never use them again - they have redefined incompetence for me... just read all the other negative reviews on here and AVOID booking with them.

businesst
February 18th, 2020

The representative Sunny needed to be repeatedly told what to do. We booked and paid for 5 Business Class tickets all with seat preferences and the confirmation has come through with 5 economy seats and no seat preference. We paid over the phone due to the amount involved and representative confirmed the seat preference for additional fees per passenger with us over the phone yesterday and lied to us over the phone today and said we paid for economy with no seat preference, even though the amount taken is for 5 business class seats. Later had to admit his mistake. With it being so difficult to get through to an Indian Call centre with limited english and background noise you really don't want to be lied to If it was someone else they may have been pressurised into accepting this fraud. The government needs to look into regulating these rogue operators.

stew6
November 3rd, 2020

AVOID! No customer contact number, hidden terms and conditions, terrible experience. Will never use or be ripped off by Opodo again.
I WISH I had read reviews first... Bad, Bad, BAD!

agritad
June 16th, 2020

I booked flight Manchester Izmir with return. Turkish Airline send email about canceled flights. Tried to sort out with same Turkish Airline but different airport London to Izmir. Apodo agents all the time telling me there isn't flights, Turkish Airline cancelled flights. I rung up to Turkish Airlines because I have account with them, they telling that there is flights and all l need to do is go trough Opodo agent. Opodo agent tells me there isn't flight! I got booked hospital there l not traveling as a tourist.

markt675
March 23rd, 2020

I can only agree with the other reviewers. Opodo took the money and have passed none to the hotel (Palazzio Stern Venice). The hotel have gone over and above to give me feedback and Opodo have done nothing. They're keeping money that is clearly not theirs and will probably pocket the booking fee. There is no way to cancel the hotel as the on line tool refuses and states you must call in. I know Ryannair normally get bad press, but they actually refunded their part almost immediately WELL DONE RYANNAIR

Booking *******129

jamesd1465
February 6th, 2020

AVOID. AVOID. AVOID. Please please don't book through Opodo. You might save a small amount of money but if anything goes wrong you will feel abandoned. Holding for hours and hours on the phone. Hours more once we got through to 'customer services' trying to get them to resolve a problem of their making... the day before we're due to travel. So stressful. Holiday of a lifetime already ruined by this appalling company. Gone 1am in the morning and still we wait for them to sort out their mess.

Guys, it would only cost you about £40 to take them to small claims court. Dont just take the loss, these people need to be held to account. Id also contact Rip Off Britain to get a programme made about their tactics

By Heth E.
See more answers (8)

You can complain all you like but once they have your money they dont give a tinkers cuss. Best form of complaint is social media like this site and face book.

By Christopher F.

Hi Anastasia. Our apologies for the delay to respond. Yes you can give us a call from anywhere on +34 934 920 533 or you can provide us your booking reference and a short message via this link at the end of this message and we would be happy to look into the matter. https://tinyurl.com/ka77d8u James Customer Care

See more answers (2)

Hi Antony. Our apologies for the delay to respond. We are sorry to have read about your customer experience. Please provide us your booking reference and a short message via this link at the end of this message and we would be happy to look into your concerns. https://tinyurl.com/ka77d8u James Customer Care

See more answers (2)

Hi Darrel, Thank you for your question. If you already have an existing booking, please send us your query via the following link: https://socialcare.opodo.com/en/support/login One of our agents will look into your reservation and advise you accordingly. Kind Regards, Amy - Customer Care

By Opodo I.,

Hello Saleh, Can you please send us your booking reference using the link below so we can look into this further for you: https://tinyurl.com/ka77d8u Best regards, Christos - Customer care.

By Opodo I.,

Hello Glenda, Can you please send us your booking reference using the link below so we can look into this further for you: https://tinyurl.com/ka77d8u Best regards, Christos - Customer care.

By Opodo I.,

Hello Sue, Can you please send us your booking reference using the link below so we can assist further: https://tinyurl.com/ka77d8u Best regards, Christos - Customer care.

By Opodo I.,

Hello Andrea, Can you please send us your booking reference using the link below so we can look into this further for you: https://tinyurl.com/ka77d8u Best regards, Christos - Customer care.

By Opodo I.,

Hello Kayleigh, We can see that your query was already answered through the call centre. If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us. Best regards, Christos - Customer care.

By Opodo I.,

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Opodo staff and other customers.

Search and compare cheap holidays on Opodo UK, featuring great deals on flights, hotels and car hire in all your favourite destinations worldwide. Book now!

opodoi
Opodo I.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Opodo?

Have a question about Opodo?