Opodo

Opodo has a consumer rating of 1.09 stars from 305 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Opodo also ranks 140th among Car Rental sites. The most common issues with Opodo are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

No positive highlights yet

• How do these people get jobs in Customer Service?!!
  • All the flight prices have now increased by 20% and I am out of pocket.
How would you rate Opodo?

“Quick refund within free-cancellation period”

Tom B.
1/10/20

I cancelled my booking within the 7-hour free-cancellation period that my flight had when I realized I need a different flight plan. Opodo refunded my money to the penny within 3 working days (only downside is that since my account is not in GBP I got screwed on the exchange rate, but that's my bank screwing me, not Opodo). One weird thing is that I still keep getting emails as if my booking was still confirmed and even when I log in to Opodo's site to manage my booking it still appears to be confirmed, only thing indicating a refund is that in the "Billing" section, the mentioned total is "Total: £0.00 Congrats! That's an amazing deal". Aside from this confusion, really good service.

“Pay more to get less”

Maurizio S.
3/1/20

If you want to get less than what you pay for book Opodo! Their customer service is not worth a nickle. When you call their number nobody picks up the phone. When you try to handle it via their internet site - they tell you to call a number and so it goes in circles. I cannot recommend this platform to anyone. Should you however choose to use them anyways make sure to carefully read their conditions first. You are in for more bad surprises if you don't.

customer service (83) flight (208) 24 hours (21) credit card (26) refund (107) confirmation email (15) booking (107) airline (80) email address (8) 2 hours (16) phone number (13) flights (77)
maurizios6
March 1st, 2020
If you want to get less than what you pay for book Opodo!
argoa
March 6th, 2020
They are only good until they take your money. After that, god help if you have an issue. In my case the airline company made a change on the schedule, and speaking to customer service of Opodo was almost impossible, despite waiting over half an hour on queue.
The automated system goes to a loop, thee line cuts while you wait. Even after waiting 45 minutes, there is no guarantee that you will ever be helped.
Don't waste your time with them, especially if you value your hard earned money.
danielm1478
February 13th, 2020
The policy wording has vanished off the internet.

I have a photo showing it covers the flight and hotel (see below).

Despite them agreeing to refund me after I showed them this photo the money has still not been transferred after 6 weeks. My flight was scheduled for Saturday and worryingly I am still receiving emails from the airline and hotel...

DO NOT USE OPODO..
ronaldp203
January 31st, 2020
Never use this company I am 75 years old and by online trickery they charged me almost double the cost of booking direct with the airline for a domestic flight same day . The so called customer service staff then give you the run around absolutely heartless and dishonest . They are a disgrace .
tomaszl7
March 9th, 2020
I both a ticket from Kuala Lumpur to Phuket. Everything went perfect until I was trying to check it at the airport. They sold me ticket for different flight. No possibility to make a claim. Customer service pretending to do something. Business address virtual. Only sales is functioning. Online scam!
anon8
March 3rd, 2020
Dont book your ticket on opodo ever! Customer service is crap and unreliable! Waited an hour and a half to get through someone and once you got connected they pretended they couldnt hear you! Called 4 times with the same issue but no one was able to solve it! For Christ sake! Dont bother booking on here.
jonthanj
January 13th, 2020
I seem to have spent what feels like half my life hanging on the phone and dealing with incompetent customer service representatives at Opodo.They contacted me in December to let me know that one of the flights I booked through them had been cancelled by the airline. Despite being on hold for about an hour since then on various calls to them, each time promised that they would sort the situation out and that someone would call me NOTHING has happened. This company is not fit for purpose. I will never use them again - they have redefined incompetence for me.... just read all the other negative reviews on here and AVOID booking with them.
businesst
February 18th, 2020
The representative Sunny needed to be repeatedly told what to do. We booked and paid for 5 Business Class tickets all with seat preferences and the confirmation has come through with 5 economy seats and no seat preference. We paid over the phone due to the amount involved and representative confirmed the seat preference for additional fees per passenger with us over the phone yesterday and lied to us over the phone today and said we paid for economy with no seat preference, even though the amount taken is for 5 business class seats. Later had to admit his mistake. With it being so difficult to get through to an Indian Call centre with limited english and background noise you really don't want to be lied to If it was someone else they may have been pressurised into accepting this fraud. The government needs to look into regulating these rogue operators.
markt675
March 23rd, 2020
I can only agree with the other reviewers. Opodo took the money and have passed none to the hotel (Palazzio Stern Venice). The hotel have gone over and above to give me feedback and Opodo have done nothing. They're keeping money that is clearly not theirs and will probably pocket the booking fee. There is no way to cancel the hotel as the on line tool refuses and states you must call in. I know Ryannair normally get bad press, but they actually refunded their part almost immediately WELL DONE RYANNAIR

booking *******129
jamesd1465
February 6th, 2020
AVOID. AVOID. AVOID. Please please don't book through Opodo. You might save a small amount of money but if anything goes wrong you will feel abandoned. Holding for hours and hours on the phone. Hours more once we got through to 'customer services' trying to get them to resolve a problem of their making...the day before we're due to travel. So stressful. Holiday of a lifetime already ruined by this appalling company. Gone 1am in the morning and still we wait for them to sort out their mess.
jonm406
February 12th, 2020
I have been sent a message to contact OPODO about a change to flights I booked. I have now tried to call 6 times and on hold for a minimum of 20 minutes each time then they transfer me which end after another long wait in being cut off. Absolutely hopeless Indian call centre. Never again.
cakillab
March 23rd, 2020
worst booking agent ive ever dealt with! after being on hold for three hours, the agent lied to me and got aggressive.
he advised to call virgin, knowing that they couldn't deal with my flight change. they ate very shady and when adding things like the free cancellation option to your booking, its only valid for a few days after booking- which means they just take your money with no refund, even though you paid to be able
to cancel.
the agents on the phone are rude and argumentative. the last man i spoke
to literally shouted at me after asking what their policy was just to get me off the phone.
i have the cancellation policy in writing which states i am eligible to change my
flight however Opodo just lie their way through to get your money and care about nothing else.
kg39
April 2nd, 2015
Booked a flight online with Opodo, received confirmation of the booking then 2 hours later receive an email saying the booking had been cancelled by their 'internal' system due to suspected fraudulent activity. Telephoned and made exact same booking again and lo and behold, booking cancelled again by Opodo. Phoned and reached an alleged 'customer service representative' who, when I asked to speak to a supervisor said they 'didn't have time to take this kind of call.' Booked directly, spent less-don't bother with Opodo.
giannib23
February 29th, 2020
please do yourself a favor and stay away from this booking site. The only way to contact them is to call their extremely expensive helpline with extremely long waiting times
arthurn40
February 13th, 2020
This has to be the worst company in the world, they speak very bad English, pretent they don't hear you as they pretend the connection is bad and then hang up... they really don't help at all. This company only fills there pockets and as soon as you have an issue there is 0 help whatsoever! I will never book a flight with them again, very very very bad!
samirae2
March 10th, 2020
It's impossible to reach them over the phone. Tried 5 times each time 50 minutes wait and answered saying they have a teachnical problem and can't hear me so just hung up on me.
Staff can't even speak any English .
NEVER AGAIN
fatimas38
March 13th, 2020
Waiting time is like hell and they don't solve your problem they ask me to tell the airline to get in touch with him I don't understand what they are getting paid for as they don't do there job properly I have already contacted the airline and they are ready to give full refund but this people really ridiculous and frustrated
milosp6
January 23rd, 2020
Awful service with contradictory answers and no solution.

I booked a return flight for three people - two of them having the same name. Opodo reservation system added a suffix "Jr" to one of the passengers, while "Jr" is not in the passport. All this WITHOUT us putting "JR" in the reservation! The airline informed me that that passenger will be denied boarding.

I have been trying to solve this issue with Opodo for a month now, no luck and no answer from their customer service. The customer service is absolutely incomptenent, cant even properly read messages, does not solve anything, promises solutions and does not deliver. My parents, who are travelling with me and know no foreign language, are in bad luck because of Opodo's mistake I will not be able to travel with them shall this not get fixed soon.

Steer clear if you don't want to lose money on someone else's mistake.

Never again.
deacj
January 23rd, 2020
Opodo charged me twice for one trip. After calling customers service many, many times, somebody listen to my complain and promised that my poblem will be resolved. I called my bank, two weeks after that call and , in fact
nothig has been done. They took the money from my account , on Jan.9th and on Jan.10th and no refunds.
I am still waiting for the end of my saga!
Julia D.
Montreal
ap329
December 8th, 2019
Opodo's entire business plan: ignore and deflect. It's impossible to get any help. I needed to make a change because my mom was just diagnosed with incurable cancer. They couldn't care less, they just keep telling me I have to deal with the airline, which is an outright lie. They also send fake coupons to try to get you to buy from them. What a joke this company is! I cannot believe it's still operating. BEWARE!
peterp495
January 29th, 2020
Horrendous customer service - AVOID at all costs.. promise to resolve your issue/refund but they lie and lie to you. Book direct instead - these people are crooks!!!! If you want to hold on the line to speak to them for hours and then be cut off and then speak to someone with limited English then go ahead...
dwayned27
February 11th, 2020
Booked a flight via opodo on atlasglobal more than 3 months ago on 3.11.19 from london to kuwait. Flight was cancelled due to recent financial struggles of the airlines. Airlines doesn't provide any communciation/information on what they intend to do and what you can do to receive your refund. They don't respond to your emails. When you call them up, they say to get in touch with your booking agency (opodo in this case) and ask them for it.

3 months on, I've been calling both, atlasglobal and opodo. Opodo staff keep saying they have no information from atlasglobal and keep telling me to 'wait for more days'. They don't provide any proof that they are involved in the process or trying to get the refund issued.

Honestly, my suggestion is to stay away from all turkish airlines (atlasglobal, pegasus). I've had many flights cancelled/delayed because of them. Personally I'll never be using opodo again either. Trying to save a few quid is always nice but no gurantees provided via third party booking agencies and you end up losing hundreds in the process.
dominikaj1
December 19th, 2019
Don't buy from them. I booked tickets by the help of the support and they wrote a wrong name on the ticket. Solving the problem is very frustrating the support isn't helpful with solving the problem at all. They made a mistake and I don't have my money nor my tickets!! They lied to me that they guarantee the refund in 2 days. Now it's not possible and no one answers me to the point. What is your Opodo company's policy for not completing their guarantees?
ahmedi25
March 19th, 2020
Worest possible customer experience ever. Dishonest and unprofessional bunch of crooks. never seen company operate like this. should be immediately closed before they deceive more unsuspecting customers. please, please, please stay away from this company
malcolmm108
February 24th, 2020
Opodo put my first name and surname the wrong way round on my airline tickets. I phoned them twice in addition to 4 emails but they took not an ounce of notice. I am convinced that both of my phone calls to their Asian-based call centre we're disconnected while the agent 'spoke to their supervisor'. I spoke to the airline concerned but they insisted that this issue was for Opodo to rectify.

A few weeks before the flight, Opodo sent me an urgent email telling me that the outward flight was not available on the specified day but I could travel the day after. I agreed to this but received no confirmation of this change so I assumed that this was yet another indication of their incompetence. I was right; no changes were made.

Eventually, I gave up hope of the situation being resolved and I flew with both my names on the airline tickets the wrong way round. Airline staff didn't notice anything and I successfully completed my flights.

Opodo are an utterly hopeless and incompetent company, especially when things need rectifying. I'm mystified why reputable flight search companies like Skyscanner include them in their website. I should, of course, have researched Opodo before I booked the flights through them. Naively, I assumed that a Skyscanner link was some guarantee. I usually book flights directly with the airline, something I will always do in the future.

Guys, it would only cost you about £40 to take them to small claims court. Dont just take the loss, these people need to be held to account. Id also contact Rip Off Britain to get a programme made about their tactics

By Heth E.
See more answers (8)

You can complain all you like but once they have your money they dont give a tinkers cuss. Best form of complaint is social media like this site and face book.

By Christopher F.

Hi Anastasia. Our apologies for the delay to respond. Yes you can give us a call from anywhere on +34 934 920 533 or you can provide us your booking reference and a short message via this link at the end of this message and we would be happy to look into the matter. https://tinyurl.com/ka77d8u James Customer Care

See more answers (2)

Hi Antony. Our apologies for the delay to respond. We are sorry to have read about your customer experience. Please provide us your booking reference and a short message via this link at the end of this message and we would be happy to look into your concerns. https://tinyurl.com/ka77d8u James Customer Care

See more answers (2)

Hi Darrel, Thank you for your question. If you already have an existing booking, please send us your query via the following link: https://socialcare.opodo.com/en/support/login One of our agents will look into your reservation and advise you accordingly. Kind Regards, Amy - Customer Care

By Opodo I.,

Hello Saleh, Can you please send us your booking reference using the link below so we can look into this further for you: https://tinyurl.com/ka77d8u Best regards, Christos - Customer care.

By Opodo I.,

Hello Glenda, Can you please send us your booking reference using the link below so we can look into this further for you: https://tinyurl.com/ka77d8u Best regards, Christos - Customer care.

By Opodo I.,

Hello Sue, Can you please send us your booking reference using the link below so we can assist further: https://tinyurl.com/ka77d8u Best regards, Christos - Customer care.

By Opodo I.,

Hello Andrea, Can you please send us your booking reference using the link below so we can look into this further for you: https://tinyurl.com/ka77d8u Best regards, Christos - Customer care.

By Opodo I.,

Hello Kayleigh, We can see that your query was already answered through the call centre. If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us. Best regards, Christos - Customer care.

By Opodo I.,

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Opodo staff and other customers.

Search and compare cheap holidays on Opodo UK, featuring great deals on flights, hotels and car hire in all your favourite destinations worldwide. Book now!

opodoi
Opodo I.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Opodo?

Have a question about Opodo?