Review of Opodo

Tel: 0333 300 0291
enquiriesuk@opodo.com

rimantasl
1/18/20
Its long story but this site more like scam then anything else. Stay away from them are manny different sites. Use something else's save yourself money and time
jonthanj
1/13/20
I seem to have spent what feels like half my life hanging on the phone and dealing with incompetent customer service representatives at Opodo.They contacted me in December to let me know that one of the flights I booked through them had been cancelled by the airline. Despite being on hold for about an hour since then on various calls to them, each time promised that they would sort the situation out and that someone would call me NOTHING has happened. This company is not fit for purpose. I will never use them again - they have redefined incompetence for me.... just read all the other negative reviews on here and AVOID booking with them.
tomb852
1/10/20
I cancelled my booking within the 7-hour free-cancellation period that my flight had when I realized I need a different flight plan.

Opodo refunded my money to the penny within 3 working days (only downside is that since my account is not in GBP I got screwed on the exchange rate, but that's my bank screwing me, not Opodo).

One weird thing is that I still keep getting emails as if my booking was still confirmed and even when I log in to Opodo's site to manage my booking it still appears to be confirmed, only thing indicating a refund is that in the "Billing" section, the mentioned total is "Total: £0.00 Congrats! That's an amazing deal".
Aside from this confusion, really good service.
rekap1
1/7/20
Completely unprofessional, I will never use their services again and I will advise everyone to avoid them. They had canceled my flight 2 months ago, they rebooked it for a different time and it was practically impossible to reach them to change it to something that suited my plans. I called them twice, every time the answer was, you will be contacted in 48hours to be assisted with a new ticket. I have complained about it and it has been 2 months of them ignoring me. The only way of communicating with them is through facebook messenger where the last 3 times I have been given the same answer: "wait for 24h to be "called/contacted". And of course " don't worry" which has absolutely 0 value in a B2C discussion.

Please avoid them at all costs! Thanks, R
tatianak14
12/19/19
I think there is something not right with their booking system... I am very very careful with booking flights and I always double check the dates and the flight times when booking.

I was directed to Opodo from kayak for the dates and times that I wanted (I checked). I proceeded to enter my passenger and payment information. After payment, i received a confirmation but one of the return flights was different resulting in 13-hour layover time (in the original ticket it was 6 and a half hours). I used their 'free cancellation within 1 hour" option and cancelled it immediately online. They promise to fully refund me within 10 days. My advice is don't use them but if you decide to, then sae all the screenshots at every step of the booking process.
dominikaj1
12/19/19
Don't buy from them. I booked tickets by the help of the support and they wrote a wrong name on the ticket. Solving the problem is very frustrating the support isn't helpful with solving the problem at all. They made a mistake and I don't have my money nor my tickets!! They lied to me that they guarantee the refund in 2 days. Now it's not possible and no one answers me to the point. What is your Opodo company's policy for not completing their guarantees?
floraa10
12/11/19
I booked my flight then they messed my return dates. Changing dates they told me will cost at least £600. If Cancel then I lose a percent. I chose to cancel and they would refund my moneybin 10days they never. I called them. In 11th day they said in 3days. They Never refunded me. Then I call again. No refund. Until today it has been almost a month
OPODO A HUGE SCAM! SCAM SCAM SCAM... DO NOT USE IT!
ap329
12/8/19
Opodo's entire business plan: ignore and deflect. It's impossible to get any help. I needed to make a change because my mom was just diagnosed with incurable cancer. They couldn't care less, they just keep telling me I have to deal with the airline, which is an outright lie. They also send fake coupons to try to get you to buy from them. What a joke this company is! I cannot believe it's still operating. BEWARE!
mn79
12/5/19
Rude, slow, unhelpful. what more can I say??? Takes ages to get anybody on the phone, when you do they spent ages checking info you have already entered on the keypad, offer no help, and to make it worse THEY ARE AWFULLY RUDE!!!
iknoors
12/2/19
Their website is a scam. They showed me a price of AED 5400 but when I clicked on continue the website it charged my card AED 5900. They have deliberately ,make the website a scam with popups.
annak330
12/1/19
NEVER EVER BOOK WITH OPODO. THEY ARE THIEVES. God forbid you ever have issue with your ticket (such as airline cancelling the flight etc). You will never ever be able to reach the customer service. They will charge you vague 'service' charges you never agreed to or were aware off. and you will never see your money back. I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY THEY STILL HAVE BUSINESS AND WHY CUSTOMER WATCH DOG DOES NOT PENALIZE THEM.
tokunbohd
11/26/19
Opodo is a scam
Had a very bad experience.I won't recommend Opodo to anyone.I booked my flight from Newcastle to USA and got to airport 2hours before my departure.I was told at the airport that I must have a Schengen visa before I could connect to USA via Paris.This is awful because I booked through agent so there won't be a fault, was not told.
I ranged Opodo 1hour before departure to let them know but the lady is so heartless telling me they can't do anything to it.I asked her to cancel my booking and refund me my tax if others couldn't be refunded but while waiting for my refund ,she didn't cancel the booking and I was not allowed to go with the flight.Opodo should refund me,hearing many unpleasant things about them just today alone.I will use my lawyer if am not refunded immediately because if you go through the phone conversation recorded you will realise I cancelled before departure period.
Waiting for my refund or I will fight fot my right as this is I'll-treatment.Affected physically,psychologically and financially.Its do horrible.Opodo is a scam company
sandram653
11/23/19
DO NOT USE THE OPODO SITE TO BOOK.

THE OPODO SITE STATED ONE THING ON THE CONFIRMATION EMAIL AND ON THE OPODO SITE BUT CHARGE SOMETHING ELSE TO THE CARD.

THEN TAP PORTUGAL CHARGED ME AGAIN. A TOTAL DIFFERENCE OF 400 EURO

WHEN I CALLED THEM THEY STATED THERE IS NO MANAGER ON SITE AND THAT I NEED TO SEND THEM MY BANK STATEMENTS AS PROOF!

THEY STATED THAT 1 CHECK IN IS INCLUDED WHEN I RECIEVED THE CONFIRMATION 0 BAGS WERE INCLUDED THEY SAID I DIDN'T PAY FOR IT YET THEY CHARGED MY CARD.

THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE . NEVER EXPERIENCED SOMETHING LIKE THIS. I WAS ASKING THE OPODO CUSTOMER CHAT LINE IF THIS IS SCAM SITE AS THAT IS WHAT IT FELT LIKE.

DO NOT USE! THE CHEAP FLIGHT IS A HOOK AND BAIT. I AM NOW SURE THIS IS THEIR BUSINESS MODEL AS YOU CAN SEE FROM THE MASSIVE AMOUNT OF NEGATIVE REVIEWS.
margaretw266
11/21/19
Had a trip booked to Daydream Island in January 2020. We were meeting our daughter who is in Australia. On 11th November a truck hit her and fractured her femur and pelvis. She will not be okay to travel for at least 6-12 weeks. We asked to cancel our booking and get refunded and Opodo has flatly refused. Will never use them again and will make it my duty to warn everyone I can. Atrocious service.
asima24
11/15/19
Air line already refund money because I was not able to travel an airline send receipt to me as well. Every time when I call them Opoodo and edreams are sister company and they making every time excuses that they not get money from airline . There is any way that I can contact to company house and they should be stop working in UK.
kayceeu1
11/14/19
I have been using Opodo for a while, although I commend their prices range but anyone looking to solve an issue just forget their customer service is zero . Never have I had a query resolved they just take your money and that's it. Kayak and the others are way better
marianaa15
11/14/19
Disgusting experience, they scam you, didn't even refund my ticket or pick up my calls. Don't ever buy your flights there.
judithd112
11/5/19
My husband was unfortunately killed in an accident and I simply want to change his name to that of my 13 yo - change has authorised with supporting documentation and Opodo refuse to allow the authorisation wil never ever use them again also for a very rude reply to my written request and spent 45 mins on the phone on their " helpline" to no avail,
isoldeh1
Isolde H.
10/21/19
I'll never book anything via Opodo. Worst experience ever.

In April 2019 I booked a flight from CPH - VIE at the end of July - one day before the flight, I got the message, that I could check in now. I tried it, but it didn't work. I looked up the Level flight and saw that it was cancelled. I contacted Level and they were very friendly and helpful. Because I didn't book via Level directly, I had to contact Opodo to get my money back. I tried it several times, but they didn't do anything.
mariannab16
10/15/19
I used them for booking because friends I was travelling with did. Will never use them again. I could not check in online. I kept getting automatic email requests to check in for a flight I did not book and that did not exit (!). The booking codes for the flights in my confirmation email were invalid. I could not write to Opodo as the only option is to use chat via Facebook and I do not want to give them access to my FB pages. I had to call Opodo UK number from abroad. They told me they cannot check me in and I had to check in in person at the airport. So I got quite worried and asked why the airline code and flight numbers could not be found anywhere, including on the airport site. They could not explain and would not offer any other help. In the end, it turned out they used yet another third agency for part of the booking. I had to call that other agency and was told: Opodo sent me wrong booking codes and wrong flight numbers. I was able to get help from this other air service in the end and check in. But had I just shown up at the airport, I would have been very likely denied boarding and lost my flight. Will never ever use these guys. Really shoddy and sloppy, to say nothing of the customer service.
kulink
10/15/19
I booked a ticket from Dublin to Dubai. While booking it showed that 1 check-in bag is allowed. After paying the money and finishing the booking, they say that bags are not allowed and asking for more money to add a bag. The flights are long-distance and without check-in bags, I can't travel. These guys are just a total rip off.
Don't book with them. Their customer service is the worst as well. They don't help and you have to wait for a response for like days.
rabing5
10/14/19
Regarding my booking reference *******192, My flight got cancelled on 11th April 2019 by jet airways. After that there was not any alternative flight offered to me neither by Jet Airways nor Opodo. But I was told that I will be getting full refund back the amount of £540 by Opodo Customer Service team. Ever since, It has been more that 180 working days that I have been waiting for my refund back.
Now, Opodo are saying that I have to wait for another 6 months and still the refund is also not guarantee because of Jet airways crisis and payment authorization needed. This is really unacceptable. This is one of the poorest customer service that I have came across in my life. Opodo don't care about the customer and their value. I will never ever used Opodo in my life and will suggest friends and family about my horrible experience with Opodo and also tell them not to use Opodo too.
keithh280
10/11/19
Flight cancelled and they refuse to issue agree a refund for at least 24 hours by which time replacement flights will have gone. Do NOT use this dreadful company that has some of the world's worst customer service.
andreb95
10/7/19
DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE!!!
They are THEIVES!!! They stole my money!
We bought a return ticket for one price in their website and the charges to my credit card were more than double, more than double!!!
Customer service: ZERO, NONE, you call, send emails and NOTHING is done, absolutely NOTHING!!!

The worst experience I ever had in my entire life!!! And trust me, I'm not that young...

DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE!!!
kiliana2
10/4/19
The most incompetent service I ever experienced. Because of a change in my flight timetable - which know forces me to stay one night in Nairobi with the implied additional costs - I had to call more than 10 times and the process is lasting more than 2 weeks. I had to wait more than 10 minutes on the phone in at least 4 or 5 occasions to then give up. They forwarded me to other departments which then did not hear me on the phone or just did not pick up. You cannot get in touch with the airline yourself, they have to do it, what just adds more links in the communication chain and therefore inefficiencies. Even worse, they make YOU call them to confirm THEIR changes (no email option, of course). Moreover, they sent me a very confusing email canceling my flight outbound flight on the 17th of October - when my flight was actually on the 18th of October. The best: they still asked you to call them if you wanted a reimbursement - seriously? And, yes, EVERYTHING IS STILL IN PROCESS. I still do not have an email or something written that confirms the flight timetable, even though they told me on the phone that they would send me a confirmation email in 24h, and I am flying in 2 weeks. I LOST A LOT OF TIME WHICH IS MONEY AND I STILL DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING IN WRITTEN FORM THAT CONFIRMS MY FLIGHT. They surely are keeping my money, though!!!

Guys, it would only cost you about £40 to take them to small claims court. Dont just take the loss, these people need to be held to account. Id also contact Rip Off Britain to get a programme made about their tactics

By Heth E.

You can complain all you like but once they have your money they dont give a tinkers cuss. Best form of complaint is social media like this site and face book.

By Christopher F.

Hi Anastasia. Our apologies for the delay to respond. Yes you can give us a call from anywhere on +34 934 920 533 or you can provide us your booking reference and a short message via this link at the end of this message and we would be happy to look into the matter. https://tinyurl.com/ka77d8u James Customer Care

By Opodo I., Opodo Representative

Hi Antony. Our apologies for the delay to respond. We are sorry to have read about your customer experience. Please provide us your booking reference and a short message via this link at the end of this message and we would be happy to look into your concerns. https://tinyurl.com/ka77d8u James Customer Care

By Opodo I., Opodo Representative

Hi Darrel, Thank you for your question. If you already have an existing booking, please send us your query via the following link: https://socialcare.opodo.com/en/support/login One of our agents will look into your reservation and advise you accordingly. Kind Regards, Amy - Customer Care

By Opodo I., Opodo Representative

Hello Saleh, Can you please send us your booking reference using the link below so we can look into this further for you: https://tinyurl.com/ka77d8u Best regards, Christos - Customer care.

By Opodo I., Opodo Representative

Hello Glenda, Can you please send us your booking reference using the link below so we can look into this further for you: https://tinyurl.com/ka77d8u Best regards, Christos - Customer care.

By Opodo I., Opodo Representative

Hello Sue, Can you please send us your booking reference using the link below so we can assist further: https://tinyurl.com/ka77d8u Best regards, Christos - Customer care.

By Opodo I., Opodo Representative

Hello Andrea, Can you please send us your booking reference using the link below so we can look into this further for you: https://tinyurl.com/ka77d8u Best regards, Christos - Customer care.

By Opodo I., Opodo Representative

Hello Kayleigh, We can see that your query was already answered through the call centre. If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us. Best regards, Christos - Customer care.

By Opodo I., Opodo Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Opodo staff and other customers.

10 Photos for Opodo