Review of Opodo

Tel: 0333 300 0291
enquiriesuk@opodo.com

lalinec
1/1/19
I wouldn' t say that it trustworthy company at all. Last time we've ordered tickets from them and had to cancel them due to double booking. Until now no refund was issued and it been over three weeks past by. Their customer's service representatives don't seem to be qualified enough to provide a reasonable explanation for such delay despite the request for cancellation was applied within one hour after charge.
So, I definitely would talk away a friend from buying from this company.
chim15
12/27/18
Don't work with opodo. They are useless. For the ones who are curious I'm writing why. I bought a two way ticket from London to Istanbul.
First i tried to check in but the application and their website didn't allow me to do that so I should call them to make the check-in. I paid for the call.
After i came to İstanbul i decided to change my flight date, i called them but i need to wait about 1,5 hours total to make the change. Agents are too slow and not smart enough to handle a service like this. I spoke 3 different agents and at last one could make the changes.
Two days after because of some issues again I should change the flight date so I told them I'm calling abroud to uk and my call credits can finish and i asked them to call me back if the service will take too much time. But they say it won't take too much time and refuse my offer. I spent more then 1 hour on the telephone while im waiting for their job to done. But for tree times, they hold the telephone and after 30 mins waits I should close the telephone to make another call because I guess they forgot that im on the line!
My call credits finished because of this careless service so i tried chat. But this time an agent answered me first but then after 15 mins chat she said she will transfer me to an expert... Again i waited more then 45 mins but no one return.
So I wrote to their messenger chat, i'm still waiting an answer over 24mins..
When im calling the service they hold my call more then 5 mins to connect to an agent. Even its 3am.
This company is a kind of a mafia, i got in but I cannot going out.
At last i reached them from another mobile but this time they told me there is a technical problem in their system so I should wait 3 or 4 hours and call back again. I begged to the agent at last he is trying to solve this i hope but the line is again mute and I'm still waiting.
After 42 mins the agent told me the fair is not available so he can't make the changes. Haha!! And when i said this is unbelievable, he shot the telephone on my face/
I have doubts that this company provides service in a coop!
Please don't work with them...
christophert142
12/27/18
Our flights were cancelled by the operator, and I have been waiting for a refund for 6 months! I have called over 10 times - they dont call you back, and no e-mail updates. The original re-fund took so long, the card used for the booking expired. Despite having provided them new account details four times, they are still trying to refund to the same card! Avoid...
amanitab
12/15/18
My flight from South Africa to Düsseldorf on 1.1.
got partly changed without notification to me. Only by chance did I see
the change in Check my Trip.The first flight got changed to the next
day (!), which meant I would have not caught the connecting flights via
London to Düsseldorf (they remained as before). This is truly
unacceptable. Now Opodo UK told me there are no more flights on 1.1.19,
so they booked me on 2.1.19, which completely messes up my schedule, as I
arrive 1 day later than planned. Not happy with the service, at least I
should have received a notification email and an offer for some sort of
compensation. None of this happened.
Update; After 5 days, they still
have not managed to issue a flight ticket due to some problems and I had
to stay in the line over 30 mins twice..instead they sent me a mail to
say I had to confirm again if I wanted to fly on 2nd. I had already
confirmed that 2 days prior! Customer service = useless! I am still
waiting for my ticket!
UPDATE 14.12.18:Today I got a call
from Opodo Spain telling me that I have no other option than cancelling
my flight as apparently suddenly there are no seats available on the
flights on 2nd January from George. I checked with BA directly, and this
was a complete lie. there are indeed seats available, if I get
re-routed via Cape Town.. Opodo was just not willing to reroute me via
another route, although they apparently tried so hard to do so. I also
offered to just take part of the route and find a flight from George
myself. This was also denied.I spoke to 5 different persons in India
incl. a supervisor (Pradeep) of the UK Opodo hotline. NONE of them told
me that there were no seats available on 2nd (prob because it was a
lie). I feel really messed around by Opodo, every staff member tells me
something different. I am going to report Opodo to the Ombudsman and
explain how badly they treat their customers.As they have messed me
around now for solid 5 days, 5 phone calls to UK with at least half an
hour each, I have decided to cancel the flight in the end. I have to
pay double the amount for a new flight. I expect an adequate
compensation from Opodo for this incredible letdown and the stress I
experienced. But I have not much hope, having made this experience with
them.
Response from Opodo I., Opodo Representative
Hi Amanita,

Please get in touch with the agent in charge of your complaint ticket if you would like to continue with your case.

alenas53
11/16/18
Avoid at all costs. I booked a return flight through Opodo, only 1 leg got confirmed by the airline. When I called Opodo to sort this out, I was told that to cancel the confirmed leg I need to call the airline myself. And of course they charged a non-refundable fee of 60 EUR for the booking, which they couldn't deliver, despite charging a full amount for 2 legs to my card. Also didn't get an automatic refund for the leg that didn't get confirmed. Had to call them and chase for it. Will never ever use them again and wouldn't recommend to anyone. It's a 3rd party that charges you decent fee and provides basically same service as Google flights and assumes no responsibility for its services.
Response from Opodo I., Opodo Representative
Hi Alena,

Please get in touch with us via the following link so we can assist you. Thank you.

najata3
11/11/18
This was a untrusted company as they have lied to me numeric times ( gave fails information ) tried to scam me also numeric times and treated me unfairly , which caused emotional distress for me and my family . I am planning to sue the company which will waste even more time for me but the why this issue was treated was unacceptable as the problem was not my fault and I have tried to compromise with them several times but I still got lied to and this is my last option. I went to opodo as its a well known company and will give what I need but this experience was the opposite.
Response from Opodo I., Opodo Representative
Hi Najat,

We believe that one of our agents has already contacted you about your complaint. Please get in touch directly with the agent assigned to your case if you have any further queries.

Thank you.

narmenk
11/1/18
the first time we try opodo servesis and the last time
they didnt speak english and we canclled our holiday because they
We ordered a flight and finally found out there was no flight
8 days try to make refund and i thing we will not succeed
Response from Opodo I., Opodo Representative
Hi Narmen,

philiph128
10/26/18
Booked a flight. They email to say there's an amendment but don't say what. I follow the link - everything looks fine. I ask them to clarify what the amendment is. They reply with the original non specific email. I call. They say 'oh yes, flight is cancelled'. I ask what would have happened if I hadn't called. The guy says 'well you know now'. I push him for a more reasonable response. Guy says 'I'm telling you now'. I'm a bit enraged by this point. Guy says 'we're not going to refund you now'. Used them earlier in the day to book a flight (yes price went up right at the point of purchase) - OK - accepted - booked. Get an email with 'we're processing your booking - we'll send you an email within 24 hours'. Flight is the following morning. I call. They say 'ah yes we're a travel agency we won't be able to process it in time - better we cancel it'. Who's ever heard of that?? Just avoid Opodo - and I speak from experience of using lots of online companies to book travel with - rarely any problems.
Response from Opodo I., Opodo Representative
Hi Philip,

caitrionaj
10/26/18
I booked through skyscanner I was booking direct flights from Melbourne to Dubai and then Dubai to Manchester with emeritus when the confirmation came though it was with China airline with3 stop over nowhere when I was booking the flight did it say It was not booking my original choice I rang the telephone number on the booking which was incorrect and then tried web chat which did not work when I goggled their number the next day they said it was too late to cancel, I was on the on to them for over an hour still not resolved
Response from Opodo I., Opodo Representative
Hi Caitriona,

oliverk38
10/22/18
Did not receive nor ticket, neither airline booking number for my booking, even though they had two weeks to send it and I reached out to Opodo for it via email as well. I had to conduct a 15-min call with their Florida call centre from Jakarta airport to at least get my booking number, so that I can check into my flight.

NEVER BOOK WITH THIS COMPANY, TERRIBLE SERVICE
Response from Opodo I., Opodo Representative
Hi Oliver,

grahamc69
10/19/18
Do not use total rip off tried to book flight and hotel clicked on book and price went up £40 then input details pressed book and price increased another £40 robbing con merchants!!!
Response from Opodo I., Opodo Representative
Hi Graham,

elenip3
10/18/18
They said they will steal my money for an airline which is closed and they did not offer any alternative to move us on another flight.
Avoid this company.its the worst one.

I am still an hour waiting now for the alternative on a call . They keep transferring call. Also they overcharged my card with extra charges 26 for no reason .
Response from Opodo I., Opodo Representative
Hi Eleni,

fabricioc3
10/12/18
I booked my flight in the website for a price on monday total £160. After 3 days they sent and email want to charge £550!!! That is insane, what will happen in the world if ALL THE COMPANYS doing the same and nothing happen with then, like I have a flight company website and put ALL MY SEATS PRICES IN THE WEBSITE FOR £1, and get 1000000 customers buying it and after 3 days I sent an email that the price is £100! Its look funny but that what they are doing and if its not stop all other will doing as well
Response from Opodo I., Opodo Representative
Hi Fabricio,

mariosm3
10/9/18
This is a scam!
When I booked the flight the price was 605 euros, however my card was charged 655 euros and the customer service can do nothing about it. You should never give your credit card details to this company!
Response from Opodo I., Opodo Representative
Hi Marios,

johnsono4
9/25/18
I have NEVER seen an unprofessional customer service like I just witnessed from Opodo. I just feel it is totally ripped off by there FRAUDULENT tactics. I bought a ticket to Canada with ref SE3D7A and made the return leg flexible due to medical reasons. When I called their customer service number (+1) *******641 (based in India) to make a date change I was told that I would pay for the full amount of the change and claim the refund back from an insurance company based in the UK. I was surprised at this process and couple with the fact that the insurance company has 6-7 hours time difference with my location in Canada. I was given the phone number and email address of the insurance company to contact once I have made my full payment (*******566 and *****@earefund.com) . I accepted to go with it and while that was being processed I was told that the system was down and had to call back for the date change to be concluded.
I called back as instructed and spoke with Rahul and I was informed that I dont not have any flexible date change as that was ONLY effective before the flight take off. I was stunned and surprised with the news. I tried to reason with what was happening but I was finding such news shocking to me. I requested to speak with a manager since I was being informed two different and contrary information and was told none was available but they would give me a call back with my details with 1-2 hours.
NO ONE CALLED IN 24 HOURS!. I called back and requested to speak with a manager and I spoke with Kushagar who I felt treated me and the issue as a transaction with no empathy. He said the flexible date that was paid for does not exist as per terms and conditions. This is TRULY shocking and surprising to me to say the least despite my campaigning about Opodo cheap tickets to friends on social media. To crown it all I was informed that the date can not be changed at all by the manager!!!
WHY all this torture Opodo???
Response from Opodo I., Opodo Representative
Hi Johnson,

joonasm
9/25/18
Theyt took 1200 euros from my card, but we never got the confirmation. When we called them, there was Indian guy at the customer service who could barely speak english, and he said that they fixed it and we would get a confirmation in 24 hours. We never got it and called again the next day. Then there was another Indian guy who said that they did not get my money even though it was gone from my account.
Response from Opodo I., Opodo Representative
Hi Joonas,

anans
9/24/18
I have booked a flight with Opodo where the total price was 114.99 Euros. After completing my card details and confirming the payment they actually charged 134.99 Euros, without my consent. Fraudulent and unacceptable, I'll never book with this company again.
Response from Opodo I., Opodo Representative
Hi Anan,

kirstenf13
9/14/18
Booked flights for next year a few weeks ago. Got an email today saying the flights were booked for this month. Called customer support to change the flight, they said there were no other flights so nothing they could do. He then said he could only refund me £80 (we paid nearly £400) even though it wasn't my fault. I had to argue with him for about 5 minutes before he agreed to put me through to a manager. The manager then disconnected my call. I called back again and spoke to potentially the only helpful person in this company who after about 15 minutes on hold said he could refund me £219. I have spent an hour and 40 minutes on the phone today. Lost nearly £200. Will not use this company again. Will warn everyone I know. 10/10 stay away from this company!!
Response from Opodo I., Opodo Representative
Hi Kirsten,

Can you please update your profile with your booking reference number so we can have an agent contact you privately regarding your concerns.

samm848
9/3/18
• Updated review
Opodo mis-sold me a Business Class and promised me a cashback of £236 after I confronted them. The compensation was never sent back to me and the representative handling my complaint was extremely rude. I even escalated the case to OPODO's CEO, but nothing from him.

My flight reference was Opodo / *******888 / SHAIKH ABU
Response from Opodo I., Opodo Representative
Hi Sam,

We can see that an offer of compensation was made to you as you stated above, however, was rejected by yourself. No refund had been made as no agreement from both parties was confirmed because of this.

Please contact the agent you were talking with so they can have this processed for you.

Christos - Customer care.
“Tickets sold to me never existed!!”
1/30/18
• Previous review
I was sold a ticket by OPODO which didn't exist. I went all the way to the airport only to find from the airlines that OPODO never booked my ticket with the airlines.

Terrible customer service and terrible connection. I was routed to a guy in india and the connection kept falling out.
Response from Opodo I., Opodo Representative
Hi Sam,

danf151
8/24/18
I booked a flight through Opodo and they sold me travel insurance through their partner company, Intana, for my trip, but I later found out the travel insurance was only for UK residents (no notice on their website). Keep in mind that I had already listed my address (not a UK address) when I booked the flight, so they already knew I was not a UK resident.
Before my flight I get a high ankle sprain and can no longer go on my trip.
Hours on international calls getting the run-around to try and find a reasonable solution and they offered to change my flight for a fee of $225 and the difference in the cost of the airfare.
So I look up the cost of flights on the airline I had booked with in the month that made sense. The prices were slightly higher ($40 - $50) than I had already paid, so I expected to pay an additional $275 - $300 and call it a day; better than losing out completely.
Well, three redirects later after calling Opodo back, and they tell me they can change my flight for a total fee of 800+ Pounds!! That's over $1000 if you're curious, far more than the new flight I found on the airline's site.

Basically they tried to "fix" their problem by screwing me over a second time, citing additional fees (which I wasn't originally told about) as the reason.

Avoid this company at all costs!!
Response from Opodo I., Opodo Representative
Hello Dan,

We would like to thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. Although this is not the level of service we expect for our customers, the knowledge we gain from our customers plays a valuable role in the future development of our product and service.

ayeletb1
8/24/18
Although Opodo does everything according to law, you nust notice the following:
1.)They take no responsibility in case of a dely or cencellation of your flight!
means-you would'nt even be noticed ,both by the airline neither by opodo about the change.
2.)They use classic misdirection methods!
As I orderd my flight, i've noticed that "surprisingly" none of the cheap options were available. You might ask-"why would they show this flights?". As I said, this is a classic misdirection method; once you're inside their site, you're more likely to invite one of the more expensive options. But don't worry - it's legal according to their terms and conditions
3.)They have a poor synchronization!
All I wanted was to reserve a specific seat on my flight. Sounds easy right?!
so I tried to do so in their site. The site said to call them (International phone call) in order to reserve those seats, and so I did. Their voice mail said that this matter is handled by their site. Confused? so was I...

Make a long story short-DON'T USE OPODO!
Response from Opodo I., Opodo Representative
Hello Ayelet,

pharmp
8/6/18
*SCAM*

I used Opodo to make a Maggiore (Italian car renting company) booking for a city car (Open Adam) to collect In Florence and drop off at Pisa airport . I'll never use Opodo again.

The supplier charged us £300 for a barely visible scratch on the car.
It was supposed to be covered by a damage excess of 800,00 including tax. (Collision Damage Waiver (CDW))

Opodo customer services were absolutely awful when I complained on my return as I tried to claim the money back them (rentalcars). Entered the official claim on their website. They came back to me telling me they asked the Italian company to provide the documents but more than a month after I still haven't heard back from them.
I emailed twice. Still no response.

Never use Opodo - go straight to your supplier of choice.
Response from Opodo I., Opodo Representative
Hello Pharm,

Thank you for your review and detailed comments which, your feedback is important.

linasl
7/30/18
Bought tickets through Opodo.com
Was trying to change dates, PNR number was invalid, could not change fly dates or track myself on the system, spent entire sunday trying to contact them, and at the end of the day, they offered me 50% refund even tough my tickets not valid!!! Would NEVER use Opodo again!!! Scam Scam Scam
Response from Opodo I., Opodo Representative
Hello Linas,

We are very sorry to read of your experience with Opodo. This is certainly not the level of service that we expect for our customers.

tessn2
7/17/18
• Updated review
You can private message me on this. Or else provide me with a direct line or email if you are genuinely keen to help. I have emailed via your website and app several times with no response.
Response from Opodo I., Opodo Representative
Hello Tess,

“Terrible”
6/12/18
• Previous review
Rang 5 times for a receipt for my flight. Still waiting. Would not allow any changes to my reservation. Would not allow any refund. Rude. X 2 staff members Pretended to not be able to hear me and hung up after waiting on hold for 10mins. Placed on hold constantly during the call. Terrible experience. Pay more and enjoy peace of mind by avoiding this company.
Response from Opodo I., Opodo Representative
Hello Tess,

I apologise that, on this occasion, your experience of Opodo was not entirely satisfactory.

jg207
7/14/18
Purchased optional flight change insurance and they prevent you being able to use the service as they re impossible to contact. Truly incompetent
Response from Opodo I., Opodo Representative
Hello J.G,

Christos - Customer care.

Guys, it would only cost you about £40 to take them to small claims court. Dont just take the loss, these people need to be held to account. Id also contact Rip Off Britain to get a programme made about their tactics

By Heth E.

You can complain all you like but once they have your money they dont give a tinkers cuss. Best form of complaint is social media like this site and face book.

By Christopher F.

Hi Anastasia. Our apologies for the delay to respond. Yes you can give us a call from anywhere on +34 934 920 533 or you can provide us your booking reference and a short message via this link at the end of this message and we would be happy to look into the matter. https://tinyurl.com/ka77d8u James Customer Care

By Opodo I., Opodo Representative

Hi Antony. Our apologies for the delay to respond. We are sorry to have read about your customer experience. Please provide us your booking reference and a short message via this link at the end of this message and we would be happy to look into your concerns. https://tinyurl.com/ka77d8u James Customer Care

By Opodo I., Opodo Representative

Hi Darrel, Thank you for your question. If you already have an existing booking, please send us your query via the following link: https://socialcare.opodo.com/en/support/login One of our agents will look into your reservation and advise you accordingly. Kind Regards, Amy - Customer Care

By Opodo I., Opodo Representative

Hello Saleh, Can you please send us your booking reference using the link below so we can look into this further for you: https://tinyurl.com/ka77d8u Best regards, Christos - Customer care.

By Opodo I., Opodo Representative

Hello Glenda, Can you please send us your booking reference using the link below so we can look into this further for you: https://tinyurl.com/ka77d8u Best regards, Christos - Customer care.

By Opodo I., Opodo Representative

Hello Sue, Can you please send us your booking reference using the link below so we can assist further: https://tinyurl.com/ka77d8u Best regards, Christos - Customer care.

By Opodo I., Opodo Representative

Hello Andrea, Can you please send us your booking reference using the link below so we can look into this further for you: https://tinyurl.com/ka77d8u Best regards, Christos - Customer care.

By Opodo I., Opodo Representative

Hello Kayleigh, We can see that your query was already answered through the call centre. If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us. Best regards, Christos - Customer care.

By Opodo I., Opodo Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Opodo staff and other customers.

10 Photos for Opodo